Temporary thread: Aero India 2013 Ticket info and warning

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Temporary thread: Aero India 2013 Ticket info and warning

Post by shiv »

Please indulge me - i think lots of people want this and related info

Folks I went today for the sole purpose of redeeming my online purchase receipt for a business pass. Although greatly delayed I got one but it is valid only for one day. Tickets are valid only for one day one entry per person as per current info

No one was accepying cash today . Only online purchasers were being given tickets today. but this may change tomorow.

You need to go via gate 5 (opposite the airstrip in the residential area) near the car park where there is a dedicated temprorary ticket hall (It is big enough for a big crowd - better than last time). After you get the ticket you can catch a shuttle there and then to the show area.

I think tickts for cash will start up soon - because there was a cash coupter but it was shut

The college student volunteers were friendly but no one had any clue about anything.

FICCI has screwed up again...

TAKE A XEROX COPY OF YOUR IDENTITY PROOF ALONG WITH THE ORIGINAL - JUST IN CASE IF YOU NEED TO BUY A TICKET THERE,, I HEARD PEOPLE MENTIONING THAT TODAY
nash
BRFite

Re: Temporary thread: Aero India Ticket infor and warning

Post by nash »

I suggest it would be lot better if people go to online way of purchasing ticket.

you just need to registere in the AI site they send you a mail with Unique Registration ID and other transactional details.
Take the Xerox of that mail and go to Axis bank branch(List of Axis Bank Branch is there in website).
In Bank they enter you Id and cross check one more time with you(ID,name,etc).
After that they give you ticket.

I found this one much easier than the filling the form,deposit cash, etc.
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Temporary thread: Aero India 2013 Ticket info and warnin

Post by rahuldevnath »

Those who have purchased tickets online can get the main RFID tickets at the Axis Bank branches. However, try collect it before 1400hrs, because they have a limited number of RFIDs. Take the printout of the mail. Saves you from the chaos at Yelahanka.

Avoid obvious branches, COX Town branch is better at getting the tickets compared, MG, Indiranagar and Koramangala.
Last edited by rahuldevnath on 06 Feb 2013 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

rahuldevnath wrote:Those who have purchased tickets online can get the main RFID tickets at the Axis Bank branches. However, try collect it before 1400hrs. Saves you from the chaos at Yelahanka.
Yes, you will like to spend time to watch AI not to waste hour to get the ticket.
vivek_v
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek_v »

Thanks for the inputs Shiv. Also any inputs on when the ticketing counter would be open (in the morning) and when one should reach the Car park. Would reaching the Car park (Gate 5) around 8:00 am be sufficient ?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Ok, have to hit the Axis bank branches again then to avoid the Yellahanka chaos. They were saying they might run out of tickets!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Let me tell you guys a seriously sick joke.

I booked my Aero India ticket online via the FICCI website which took all my personal details before it asked for a credit card number.

A couple of hours ago my personal details were verified at Yelahanka and I received a ticket.

Half an hour later the Credit card I used for paying the money was used by someone (perhaps in Europe) to pay 350 Euros for an airline ticket purchase. Fortunately I received an SMS alert and I had the card blocked.

Last year i had a security warning on the FICCI site. This year all seemed OK.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

vivek_v wrote:Thanks for the inputs Shiv. Also any inputs on when the ticketing counter would be open (in the morning) and when one should reach the Car park. Would reaching the Car park (Gate 5) around 8:00 am be sufficient ?
I suspect not before 9 AM (Today they did not issue a single ticket till 2 PM.)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ha ha ha...FICCI has obviously been taking lessons from the congis in how to run the show...very sikular and effective indeed.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

To all pals.Pl. cover the security code (number on the reverse,last three numbers) on your credit cards with a small sticker when using it.This prevents the outlet from memorising the number when the card is being used.
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

shiv wrote:Let me tell you guys a seriously sick joke.

I booked my Aero India ticket online via the FICCI website which took all my personal details before it asked for a credit card number.

A couple of hours ago my personal details were verified at Yelahanka and I received a ticket.

Half an hour later the Credit card I used for paying the money was used by someone (perhaps in Europe) to pay 350 Euros for an airline ticket purchase. Fortunately I received an SMS alert and I had the card blocked.

This is horrible, can happen to anyone, but nowdays we have 3D security , need to enter 6 digit pin before any transaction.

anyway,better to hide 3 digit also ,better safe than worry.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

nash wrote:

This is horrible, can happen to anyone, but nowdays we have 3D security , need to enter 6 digit pin before any transaction.

anyway,better to hide 3 digit also ,better safe than worry.
Only on websites that honour RBI mandate for 3D security. Websites like Amazon don't. So no 3D security there. B&H is another one which doesn't.

The credit card details used for fraudulent transaction seriously scares me. Wonder if I will be lucky and escape that. Serious fraud that.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Don't kill me for asking this ; is paypal accepted ?
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

I think, this will be helpful...most of the questions raised here are answered, pls check this, https://www.aeroindia.in/ADMISSIONPOLICY.pdf
• Persons who are interested in attending the exhibition or are invitees to the
event are requested to apply via the online registration system on the website
http://www.aeroindia.in
During the show days, there will be a limited onsite registration facility{As a policy, onsite registration is limited on those days}. Please
carry your passport type photograph on digital media. Kindly expect and bear
delays.
• All Exhibitors, visitors, guests, contractors, service providers and invitees
acknowledge that admission to Aero India 2013 will be allowed only against a
valid admission badge / invitation / ticket issued by the organisers and worn /
carried by the person named on it. The Badge remains the property of the
organisers.
• All badges and invitations are non-transferable. All persons attending the
exhibition should carry and produce on request a supporting personal
photographic identity document at the exhibition / related event venues.
This ID should be the same as indicated at the time of registration and must{it is self-explanatory}
be any one of the following :-
o Passport ( *Mandatory for all overseas visitors/exhibitors/invitees)
o Government Photo ID
o Armed Forces ID
o Voter ID
o Driving License
• Children below 16 years will not be permitted on business days ( 6 -8 February
2013).
• Visitor Profile : All visitors should be engaged in bona fide areas of the
defence industry, government, the armed forces, defence public sector
units, para-military, police, government, defence related equipment
procurement or service provider organisations, defence contractors and
suppliers, specifiers, operators/end-users, defence media, defence colleges,
defence training and research establishments.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Merlin & others who went today and had to collect ticket at show, please explain the process. What needs to be produced etc. I am planning to go on Friday Feb 8.

Thx
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Zynda wrote:Merlin & others who went today and had to collect ticket at show, please explain the process. What needs to be produced etc. I am planning to go on Friday Feb 8.

Thx
Russian Knights landing later today. The next 3 days should be great and I am done.. :(
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

x-Posting
---------
Sachin wrote:Folks.. I made a grave mistake of booking Aero India tickets On line (for me and SHQ). I did take print outs of the e-mails and the web site page which confirms the payment (and displays the Transaction ID). Now the big question:-
1. Can I popup at the venue with these print outs and valid ID proofs?
2. Or should I take these print outs to Axis Bank folks and get a ticket from them. This means taking a half day off from work:(.
-------
Sachin wrote: 2. Or should I take these print outs to Axis Bank folks and get a ticket from them. This means taking a half day off from work .
I just checked the print out. This is the message on the web page which confirms payment
Transaction Successful. Thank you for registering as General Visitor at Aero India 2013.
Your unique Registration ID is VSACHUISGREAT
Bring a copy of the registration confirmation page and
your registered ID proof at the venue to collect your visitor pass.

-------

What are the further updates?
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

Sachin wrote:x-Posting
---------

I just checked the print out. This is the message on the web page which confirms payment
Transaction Successful. Thank you for registering as General Visitor at Aero India 2013.
Your unique Registration ID is VSACHUISGREAT
Bring a copy of the registration confirmation page and
your registered ID proof at the venue to collect your visitor pass.

-------

What are the further updates?
Several Axis bank branch in bangalore are out of stock, they are telling that ticket will be issued at venue only.
Sagrawal
BRFite

Post by Sagrawal »

guys I have received business passes for tomorrow, It says not valid for chalets and ADVA. Does it means I can only see exhibition stalls and not air display. ?
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

You can still see the Air display from the static aircraft viewing area, not the ADVA, which is about 5 km away by road. The Chalets are meant for business meetings, and thus, are strictly off limits for visitors.

Bottom line... don't worry, you can see the birds fly, and better, the birds parked too.
Sagrawal
BRFite

Post by Sagrawal »

k prasad wrote:You can still see the Air display from the static aircraft viewing area, not the ADVA, which is about 5 km away by road. The Chalets are meant for business meetings, and thus, are strictly off limits for visitors.

Bottom line... don't worry, you can see the birds fly, and better, the birds parked too.
Thanks Prasad, Last time I had invite from Eurofighter chalet and the Air display view was not very good from that Chalet, I want to see better Air dispaly this time.

I have a spare pass for tomorrow if someone wants it.

Thanks
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

Sagrawal wrote:
k prasad wrote:You can still see the Air display from the static aircraft viewing area, not the ADVA, which is about 5 km away by road. The Chalets are meant for business meetings, and thus, are strictly off limits for visitors.

Thanks Prasad, Last time I had invite from Eurofighter chalet and the Air display view was not very good from that Chalet, I want to see better Air dispaly this time.

I have a spare pass for tomorrow if someone wants it.

Thanks
Oh wow... you're lucky. Eurofighter Chalet at AI11... that must've been pretty awesome? But yeah, from what i've heard, ADVA is the better place to view the flying from. Its a real pity that we need to also see and visit the stalls.

I'd have loved to come to AI this time, but work has been crazy, and after a few weeks of next to no sleep, I've lost the will to deal with ticket-procurement processes that are reportedly as langourous as our MMRCA contract :-( .
Sagrawal
BRFite

Post by Sagrawal »

Oh wow... you're lucky. Eurofighter Chalet at AI11... that must've been pretty awesome? But yeah, from what i've heard, ADVA is the better place to view the flying from. Its a real pity that we need to also see and visit the stalls.

I'd have loved to come to AI this time, but work has been crazy, and after a few weeks of next to no sleep, I've lost the will to deal with ticket-procurement processes that are reportedly as langourous as our MMRCA contract :-( .[/quote]

Last time Chalets were very far from ADVA areas, I couldn't see Sarangs at all from there. Too bad Eurofighter does not have a chalet this time :(
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Zynda wrote:Merlin & others who went today and had to collect ticket at show, please explain the process. What needs to be produced etc. I am planning to go on Friday Feb 8.

Thx
Ticket collection was smooth and I was pleasantly surprised. Go past the AFS and take a U turn and then get to gate 5. Go in and park your vehicle in the field. Enter the temporary ticket shelter and show your printout and photo ID and get your ticket. Smooth and the guys manning the counters here are not clueless. The lines were very short too. Just make sure they have entered the correct details in the ticket.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

The exhibition area is a better place to view the flying displays from compared to the ADVA I feel. Most of the action happens closer to this place than the ADVA.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Yesterday night at HAL??
Sagrawal
BRFite

Post by Sagrawal »

I ill be leaving for AI at 8:30 and have a spare pass. I will be hapy to give it to any BRF member.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

Shiv, it seems to me you are not using the Verify By Visa/MasterCard as an additional step in your buying process. The electronic merchant has to route you to the card provider for you to enter an alpha/numeric/special character password on their own very secure mainframes, before the txn is approved.

And hopefully you do not have a keylogging SW inserted into your system? In which case all passwords will be accessible worldwide. Sold at $10 to anyone who wants it.

Also, always blank out the CVV code (last 3 digits on the reverse) with an indelible marker and memorise it.

Lucky, you had a good bank with an sms service. Would bet that they are using the mainframe and fraud SW I sold them. 8)

Ask me about credit card fraud and I can keep you busy for days! :) And the dangers of using poulist operating systems like WIN and UNIX etc.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Thread closed