Republic day 2014

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: Republic day 2014

Post by Aditya_V »

OT->
How does a naxal get
1) A machine gun and ammunition
2) Get trained on it- where is the space, our jungles are not that big to do without the whole owrld knowing about it
3) Maintain in working order
4) Have complicated tactics to use it in a raid
5) Transport it- it is not a rifle or a pistol

How does a so called starving tribal do it, there is more to this.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Got the impression the last couple of years that Republic Day parade has become more an unwanted but necessary diversion for our leaders than a proud and enthusiastic celebration of India's strength and uniqueness. Very half-hearted sarkari effort and body language all the way from the top leadership down to the parade orgainzer level and it shows. Something very fundamental and basic is missing and the entire event needs to be reinvented and rejuvenated.

Why do we pick an important guest like Japan's Abe to put this shabbiness on display? What does this tell him about India? No amount of sophisticated political chai-pani can hide this attitude of our leaders and therefore the pathetic position that Indians are in today. We should assume that this will make an impression on Japan's policies towards us, both short and long term.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

The nicest moment for Shri Abe was - first the school kids were dancing Naga Dance and the camera fell on him, he was dozing eyes closed and all that, the camerman hastily pointed back at the dance.

THEN the bikers came and he just jumped in his chair forward eyes popping out and mouth open totally gaping, one could see how :shock: he was, by then the biker drinking tea was passing him relaxedly. 8)
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Never miss Beating the Retreat and IMO, the more Indianized edition this year was EXCELLENT. The Air Force-Navy band slipped in a boogie-type piece followed by Raghupati Raghav which gave me goosebumps. The Drummers Call was probably the best I have heard. Photography was also a huge improvement. There is hope yet.
vonkabra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vonkabra »

Victor wrote:Never miss Beating the Retreat and IMO, the more Indianized edition this year was EXCELLENT. The Air Force-Navy band slipped in a boogie-type piece followed by Raghupati Raghav which gave me goosebumps. The Drummers Call was probably the best I have heard. Photography was also a huge improvement. There is hope yet.
+1.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Don't know the authenticity of this picture:

Link
Last edited by johneeG on 31 Jan 2014 08:38, edited 2 times in total.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

johneeG wrote:<SNIP>
What is the source of the picture you've posted?
member_28305
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28305 »

Its an old Photo. and most probably not on republic day.. Please chk the authenticity of the image before posting it..
Its the flag of Kerala Muslim League. might have taken during some protest.

the timing of these posts injects poison in to our minds, please dont encourage it.
Aditya Watts
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Aditya Watts »

I am watching the parade here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hayJ81ZuA2c
and I saw that there are some foreigners sitting in the audience. Now at 1:19.58 there seems to be sitting a happy French officer which made me smile for good reasons. Does anyone know what's the deal with his presence, and perhaps some from other countries too? Are they attache's from their respectable embassies or are they invited specially for this day?
LakshO
BRFite

Post by LakshO »

Dhananjay wrote:The nicest moment for Shri Abe was - first the school kids were dancing Naga Dance and the camera fell on him, he was dozing eyes closed and all that, the camerman hastily pointed back at the dance.
A few years ago, I recollect seeing something similar with Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra, yawning or stifling a yawn when attending the Republic Day parade. I think most of guests find the parade boring but show up for protocol's sake.

And, can somebody please get Pranab da to improve that salute of his :eek: by 26th Jan., 2015? How difficult is that for a senior member of CongI :P who spent decades in servility?
rajatmisra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rajatmisra »

On the Republic Day, the forces are saluting the supreme commander, ie the President. Does the President have to return their salute with a salute? Can he not just stand there and accept the salute. The same logic on dress - the forces are in full uniform to salute him as the President, but he does not have to be in uniform.
KrishnaK
BRFite

Post by KrishnaK »

It was good to see Pranabda end his career as a politician as the President.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

^Yes and by basically telling the country to vote for Modi.