DEFEXPO 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
saptarishi
BRFite

DEFEXPO 2010

Post by saptarishi »

HELLO PATRIOTS at BR, and the generous moderators, i am starting this new thread on the eve of REPUBLIC DAY,i request you don't put this thread in trash can .thanks

Defexpo India 2010, the sixth in the series of biennial Land and Naval Defence Systems Exhibition, will be held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from Feb 15 to 18, 2010.
show timings--
Business Visitor

February 15 – 17, 2010 (Mon-Wed) 0930 hrs to 1730 hrs
February 18, 2010 (Thursday) 0930 hrs to 1400 hrs

General Public

February 18, 2010 (Thursday) 1400 hrs to 1730 hrs

http://www.defexpoindia.in/Default.aspx

friend and patriots are requested to post any related news and pictures here.
here is a related site on the show news-

http://www.defenseworld.net/go/show.jsp ... 010&id=103
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: DEFEXPO 2010

Post by Rahul M »

so who all are attending ? please get good snaps of infoboards and tidbits from the stall people for hungry jingos.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

I'm going for sure. Onlee if they let me in :mrgreen:
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

I think there are some 125 Indian firms in the expo...I tries to search all the name but...many as of now have even their webpage..I think many of them are just start-ups or KHAYA-PAKAYA type companies.
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

are we allowed o take pics ?????
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

jamwal wrote:I'm going for sure. Onlee if they let me in :mrgreen:
DEFEXPO photos have appeared on BRF - taken by BRFites in the past. You can find them on BR. I think people must go in numbers and please let us see pictures.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

jamwal wrote:I'm going for sure. Onlee if they let me in :mrgreen:
--
Last edited by krishnan on 25 Jan 2010 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

even pakis have been allowed in past defexpos. mil attaches from the embassy.
saptarishi
BRFite

Post by saptarishi »

having attended defexpo ,3 out of total 5 times[1999,2004,2008] i can say there should be a BR STALL AT DEFEXPO,WHAT about a BR MEET :)
,here is a list of companies that will shocase their products ,lots of them
in this link

http://www.defexpoindia.in/SearchCompan ... pg=Country

FORCE,VAYU,INDIA-DEFENCE,SPS all the biggies of defence publications are coming,,BR SHOULD BE THERE, what do u say RAHUL M sir
saptarishi
BRFite

Post by saptarishi »

Events
Current
Rafael at Defexpo 2010
15 February 2010
Rafael will participate in the Defexpo, Land and Naval Systems Exhibition,
which will take place in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India, 15-18 February, 2010.

NEW! – For the first time Rafael will display the Spike NLOS – anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) for helicopters,
light combat vehicles (LCV) and naval vessels, providing Non-Line-Of-Sight strike capability at long ranges.
The Spike NLOS is the newest member of the Spike Family of Electro-optic, Tactical, Precision,
Guided Missile Systems that also includes:
Spike-LR – Long range ATGM for infantry, LCV and naval vessels
Spike-ER – Extended Range ATGM for helicopters, LCV and naval vessels

In addition, Rafael will display its world renowned Air and Missile Defense Systems:
Spyder SR/MR – Short and medium range air defense system
Iron Dome - Defense against short range artillery rockets
Barak – Naval air defense missile system
NEW! – at Defexpo Rafael will release the TacMax – Tactical broadband network for ground forces.
The new system will complement other advanced communication solutions from Rafael, such as the Ravnet.
Also on display:

Breaching Solutions
Matador AS – Anti-structure breaching munition
Matador WB – Wall breaching munition
Simon – Door breaching rifle grenade
Urban Star – Static assault round
Combat Vehicle Upgrading
Samson RCWS Family – Remote controlled weapon stations
ASPRO-P – Passive add-on armor
ASPRO-H – Hybrid add-on armor
ASPRO-A (Trophy) – Active armor
Naval Products – Rafael’s Naval Capabilities including:
Protector – Integrated naval combat USV
Sea Spotter – Staring, marine search, track and situational awareness

Visit Rafael at Defexpo 2010 in Hall 18 – at the Israel Pavilion

http://www.rafael.co.il/marketing/event ... docID=1599
sunny y
BRFite

Post by sunny y »

Hi....Is there any option to buy tickets from banks or somewhere else other than Pragati Maidan ??
Also any idea about ticket prices.....

Thanks
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

sunny y wrote:Hi....Is there any option to buy tickets from banks or somewhere else other than Pragati Maidan ??
Also any idea about ticket prices.....

Thanks
I think it cost Rs. 1000 for a business day visit and you have an option to buy those at the DefExpo. It is much cheaper than AI where we paid Rs.1500 for business passes.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Will try and be there.
soumik
BRFite

Post by soumik »

I plan to be there, Pragati maidan is 10km from where i live.

One question are the business day passes available to all who can pay or is it restricted to people realted to the armaments industry?
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

ashdivay wrote:are we allowed o take pics ?????
Yes digital cameras are allowed. But you have to take a pic at the security checkpoint and show it to the security personnel around that this is a camera and not something else.

I have had to do this at each IITF I have gone to.

Somehow the Defexpos always happened when I was out of town. :(
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

Gagan wrote:
ashdivay wrote:are we allowed o take pics ?????
Yes digital cameras are allowed. But you have to take a pic at the security checkpoint and show it to the security personnel around that this is a camera and not something else.

I have had to do this at each IITF I have gone to.

Somehow the Defexpos always happened when I was out of town. :(
thanks for taking time to answer my query.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Besides one can call up pragati maidan. They usually answer the phone and try and answer queries. It might be better to know which days are open to the general public and where to get special passes.
anuraghchauhan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by anuraghchauhan »

I have sent a enqury to the defexpo 2010 exbhitor for details regarding ticket prises, and requirement for entrying the defence expo.
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

Anyone from BLR planning a visit - let me know as I plan to be there this time
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

saptarishi wrote:having attended defexpo ,3 out of total 5 times[1999,2004,2008] i can say there should be a BR STALL AT DEFEXPO,WHAT about a BR MEET :)
in this link

FORCE,VAYU,INDIA-DEFENCE,SPS all the biggies of defence publications are coming,,BR SHOULD BE THERE, what do u say RAHUL M sir
How much does it cost to set up a stall anyway ?
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

ashdivay wrote:
saptarishi wrote:having attended defexpo ,3 out of total 5 times[1999,2004,2008] i can say there should be a BR STALL AT DEFEXPO,WHAT about a BR MEET :)
in this link

How much does it cost to set up a stall anyway ?
about a lakh for a stall. but manning the stall costs money too. you should have stuff to sell / give away/ transportation, volunteers etc etc.

My guess is a couple of lakhs woud cover the budget on a miminal scale of operations.
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

Jagan wrote: about a lakh for a stall. but manning the stall costs money too. you should have stuff to sell / give away/ transportation, volunteers etc etc.

My guess is a couple of lakhs woud cover the budget on a miminal scale of operations.
I think we are consumer only....as we take lots of references.....well..emerging as a media house can be a proud moment for all Jingoes....!
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

Jagan wrote:
about a lakh for a stall. but manning the stall costs money too. you should have stuff to sell / give away/ transportation, volunteers etc etc.

Lakh ? really ? well based on defexpo website the stall space is only $500 to $600 ??
then the cost of renting equipment, setup,furniture,transportation,manpower for three days and combined with $600 for the space comes to only about 45000 to 50000 rupees . i cant find the lakh anywhere ?? can someone explain ? i am curious as i am thinking about showcasing product.

Ash
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

50K would be a fair bet for each stall taking the stall price, food and other expenses into account.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

any idea what date is Pokhran firepower demo ??
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Feb 24-26
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

krishnan ,, is it spread over 3 days or on a single day?? when is night time demo??
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

The cost might actually be higher depending on where the people are put up by the various stall owners.

As per some website Feb 24-26 seems to be the date for the demo
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

krishnan wrote:50K would be a fair bet for each stall taking the stall price, food and other expenses into account.
but what we would do with that stall...if someone can come up with an idea I hope collecting 50k would not be a t :twisted: ugh j 8) b....we almost have 2000 ++ members...!
yossarian
BRFite -Trainee

Post by yossarian »

I have an idea for the stall.

Considering the volume of DDM we see in the indian press, how about we take up the charge to clean up the articles for them.

A committee of Gurus could be formed to look at these and distribute amongst us lesser mortals for the dog work. We do a scan of the articles and point out errors and give advice on how to strengthen the articles (Put a source, a relevant pic, not an LCA pic in an AWACs article and stuff like that).

We could take a very modest fee (I would vote for free service, since we have the advantage of getting the news first in the country, thats a good pay enough).

We help journalists get better in defence reporting and in exchange we get the the privelege of getting the news first.

Just a thought.
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

yossarian wrote:I have an idea for the stall.

Considering the volume of DDM we see in the indian press, how about we take up the charge to clean up the articles for them.

A committee of Gurus could be formed to look at these and distribute amongst us lesser mortals for the dog work. We do a scan of the articles and point out errors and give advice on how to strengthen the articles (Put a source, a relevant pic, not an LCA pic in an AWACs article and stuff like that).

We could take a very modest fee (I would vote for free service, since we have the advantage of getting the news first in the country, thats a good pay enough).

We help journalists get better in defence reporting and in exchange we get the the privelege of getting the news first.

Just a thought.
thats a interesting idea.
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

krishnan wrote:50K would be a fair bet for each stall taking the stall price, food and other expenses into account.
also do we have to arrange construct the stall ourself or do they do it for us ?
what about equipment ? can we get our own Plasma screens and computers ?
sumshyam
BRFite

Post by sumshyam »

yossarian wrote: We help journalists get better in defence reporting and in exchange we get the the privelege of getting the news first.

Just a thought.
Finally....time is ripe for forum to become a media house.... 8) :mrgreen: 8) .
manojmr
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manojmr »

I am very interested an good idea to bring the best of the BR forum :)
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

The prices I quote are for Aero India - yeah probably more expensive than DefExpo so keep that in mind.

NOrmally they will build the stall for you - the bare one and give it along with a table and chair.

Pricing depends on the size of the stall ofcourse. For Aero India 2007, we took a 6 Sq M Stall
which we called the "BR Phone Booth" :mrgreen:

The Phone booth in 2007 was around 70-80k IIRC. anything larger will be over a lakh. next in size was a 9SqM stall I think. Plus every aeroindia they bump up the price a couple of notches.

If you want to defray costs then hook up with another exhibitor and share the space.

Coming to DefExpo, We would rather pool our resources (and money) for AeroIndia than DefExpo.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

I will be there MOST PROBABLY, if no emergencies at workplace. I am reaching NDLS on 15th and will be there till 16th or even 17th Feb.

I would like to meet the BR Dilli gangs. Let us have a BR Meet. We had a BR Meet during DEFEXPO, several eclipses ago. I hope one of the BRites would be kind enough arrange a meet. We should have a meet immediately after visiting the show.

Hi Raj Malhotra, where 'art thou ? If no BR Meet let us meet on evening. I have lost your tel/cell no. Please contact me or at least give me yr cell nos. I hope some of the BR heavyweights (no puns intended) like Jagan, Philip, Shiv, Kapil are coming.

You may contat me on k e r s i k d o t i w a l l a AT r e d i f f m a i l DOT com

Looking foward to meet you

K
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

Jagan wrote: Coming to DefExpo, We would rather pool our resources (and money) for AeroIndia than DefExpo.
Well thats because you spent most of your life in Jets or like 10000 million others like you ,are crazy about jets. No offence but the level of attention Aircrafts and jets get on BR makes me sad. but thats just my view on the subject. after all we are all entitled to what we like and dislike. so good for you.

With best regards
Ash
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

ashdivay wrote:Well thats because you spent most of your life in Jets or like 10000 million others like you ,are crazy about jets. No offence but the level of attention Aircrafts and jets get on BR makes me sad. but thats just my view on the subject. after all we are all entitled to what we like and dislike. so good for you
Ash, What you say is partially true (Fascination with jets). But there are signficant DRDO , Landwarfare and Sea warfare displays at Aero India as well.

Ultimately you have to decide where the most bang for your buck is. If you are from Delhi obviously it makes sense and it is very cost-effective to visit Def Expo. But for a bunch of people in the middle - say Hyderabad - or coming from Abroad, operating on a budget, if they pick one event where they can cover everything once every two years - Aero is the best pick. Yes, if you have enough funds to cover one such event every year, i would recommend it, but we dont and we cant.
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

Jagan wrote:
ashdivay wrote:Well thats because you spent most of your life in Jets or like 10000 million others like you ,are crazy about jets. No offence but the level of attention Aircrafts and jets get on BR makes me sad. but thats just my view on the subject. after all we are all entitled to what we like and dislike. so good for you
Ash, What you say is partially true (Fascination with jets). But there are signficant DRDO , Landwarfare and Sea warfare displays at Aero India as well.

Ultimately you have to decide where the most bang for your buck is. If you are from Delhi obviously it makes sense and it is very cost-effective to visit Def Expo. But for a bunch of people in the middle - say Hyderabad - or coming from Abroad, operating on a budget, if they pick one event where they can cover everything once every two years - Aero is the best pick. Yes, if you have enough funds to cover one such event every year, i would recommend it, but we dont and we cant.
Thats a fair and good response, ty for that. but i still think BR gives way to much space to Aircrafts. anyway maybe next Def Expo you all see me in a stall showcasing company and product i represent. we shall see.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

ashdivay wrote:
Jagan wrote:Well thats because you spent most of your life in Jets or like 10000 million others like you ,are crazy about jets. No offence but the level of attention Aircrafts and jets get on BR makes me sad. but thats just my view on the subject. after all we are all entitled to what we like and dislike. so good for you

Thats a fair and good response, ty for that. but i still think BR gives way to much space to Aircrafts. anyway maybe next Def Expo you all see me in a stall showcasing company and product i represent. we shall see.
Who all are going to be present at DEF EXPO 2010 ? I will be there on 15th / 16th and maybe on 17th. I would like to meet the like-minded-gentlemen, preferably in after the exb at say 5:30 or so.

K