AoA! (these days even some1 as Phaithphool as myself is afraid to write expanded form of that - the Bredators hovering around).
I see that THIS is what did the BENIS dhaga in:
[quote]The lack of females and Muslim participants is a concern. Not sure how to go about dealing with this issue.
To which some kind person chimed in: "This is potentially 60% of the community (addressable market ). The lack of participation could be because BR does not deal with the issues they face or associate with or also could be because the current tone of the debate on those issues are not in agreement with them e.g., the threads on Islamism, Benis, and Paki threads tend to be demeaning of their role models.
I feel attracting female participants should be easier (as of now) of the problems and BR should latch onto the issues concerning them. Threads or articles on topics such as their representation in LS/RS or in corporations / Armed forces, their contributions in our History and role they can play going forward etc). Again it all depends on the vision of BR. In any case, if BR wishes to enter this, it needs to start with a light house project/leader in this area."
That was like Comrade Hu saying: "Obstacre to incleased funding fol Pakistan Almy is the plesence of the RaR Masjid in downtown Isramabad, which hindels the LedRips Massage Balroul". A death sentence surer than a mijjile from a Bredator.
Satya-Anveshi's proposed scheme for "attracting female participants" already sounds so knowledgeable that I won't question it (no sarcasm, Brayatollahjis, just resignation..). May I point out that in the days when the Kargil, Romance and Cricket Threads were in full swing, there was no lack of female participation?
(Much of it brutally sneered out by the Jirga..) Also, where except the BENIS dhaga have we seen so prominent and admiration-filled role given to Minority And Female "role models" such as BB, Shrilleen, and now Sheri Rehman, not to mention the KendoStix Sistahs, the Freedom Fighters (I mean on the streets), and last but not least, Princess Ayesha? And such an in-depth discussion on the realities related to wimmen's issues in the Land of the Pure?
But I waste electrons on the obvious. I post here not to
Satya-Anveshi gives the
: A thread on Women's Issues In the Muslim World. I'll nominate JEM and shiv to start it.
Maybe start with a poll like shiv does:
1. Wimmens are essential to the Islamic World
2. Wimmens deserve at least equal rights with goats in Pakistan
3. There should be more women in the Indian Armed Forces (note: the Boss of the Akash or Agni program is now a Malloo woman Engineer from Trissur Engg. College - did BRF note this? )
4. Women have played a strong role in strategic science and engineering in India
6. Women's cricket on-line discussion should be mandatory on BRF.
7. Romance threads should be brought back on BRF. (only women members allowed to vote).
22. At least 60% quota among BRayatollahs , including Grand Mohterma-e-Dera-BRayatollah designation must be reserved for wimmens.