Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Victor
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Victor »

SaiK wrote:baseball bats!?
Exactly my reaction. These make perfect riot weapons besides guns of course but are not normally available in India afaik.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

I am more scared of the guns that be built inside these baseball bats. Future is bad if we have aapturds loitering with such weapons. OTOH, I encourage dilli wimmen to carry pocket stun guns to generate 8M volts.

I'm sure if you would inspect these turd bats, you will see marks of made in pakistan
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

johneeG wrote:
SwamyG wrote:What does Su.Swamy mean by "Constitutional Amendment", on Arnab's show? People are running scared shit :-)
:mrgreen: I think the strategy will be: everyone is allowed to come, and everyone can get a good deal. However, the grand strategy or big picture will be decided by the lotus leadership. And despite all the nautanki, even Mamtha dhidhi may come around giving issue based support.
As far as I understand, 2/3rd majority is needed for constitutional amendments. 540/3=180*2=360. So, 360 are needed. Thats means if NDA is around 330 mark, then the NDA can slice and dice the opposition to take support from some of them to make constitutional amendments.

Uniform Civil Code and Art 370 are the first things that come to mind. Well, I think people are giving a full mandate to saffron and so, saffron cannot have any excuse if it fails(as Rahul Mehta alleges they will).
Something must be cooking. Arnab kept talking about "Super NDA". The Super NDA would have around 310 seats. So at this stage 360 seats would be difficult to get, unless Congress joins NDA. :mrgreen:
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Singha wrote: Namo's first executive order has to be release all state and central agencies to CRUSH such miscreants with no letup.
Yup. If there are to be riots, let's make them really count.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

SaiK wrote:Singha, I hope your cavalry to imperium is gaining the strengths.
my pen will start its march tonight from the starting gate at yamuna, karnal and alwar... :wink:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

>> but are not normally available in India afaik.

I have never seen kids playing baseball anywhere in india except in the diamond behind the american consulate. but baseball bats are available in every department store for unknown reasons. maybe we are a exporter and maker of wooden baseball bats and part of that stock gets dumped internally. maybe in villa communities the kids play baseball, I dont have visibility into that.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Nobody plays baseball except for very chi chi international schools. But 3 out of 5 cars in the Naarth will have a baseball bat inside, for defense or offence, according to user's shraddha. I used to keep one during my madrassa days too.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Singha wrote:>> but are not normally available in India afaik.

I have never seen kids playing baseball anywhere in india except in the diamond behind the american consulate. but baseball bats are available in every department store for unknown reasons. maybe we are a exporter and maker of wooden baseball bats and part of that stock gets dumped internally. maybe in villa communities the kids play baseball, I dont have visibility into that.
I've seen it around NCR a few years back.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Singha wrote: but baseball bats are available in every department store for unknown reasons. maybe we are a exporter and maker of wooden baseball bats and part of that stock gets dumped internally. .
in mid 90s, in coimbatore, at a very sdre school (it was a ramakrishna mission school), the PT room had couple of baseball bats and balls. we used to play cricket with it :lol:

i think it is from some sort of aid that dumps these things to sports dept at state level and flows down.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^Very often the high-end boarding schools in the Nilgiris and I'm sure in Mussoorie (where cricket pitches are hard to find, or create), students played the below (a sort of cross between cricket and baseball)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_cricket

...and a baseball bat was used.

However, what that gent is carrying in the photo where the shooter is shown, looks like an "Indian club" which is widely used for exercising in traditional gyms, as well as modern ones. The "bat" in his hand is not shaped like a baseball bat and seem too short to be one.

The Indian club is an old exercise instrument however, and uniquely Indian as far as I know.
member_23651
BRFite

Post by member_23651 »

Guys are we confusing softball bat with baseball? Because softball is played in schools and college sponsored teams. I have not seen Softball being played at "gullee" level.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

It is a Base ball bat. The reason is very simple. It makes for a better blunt force weapon in some circumstances. When compared to say a Hocky stick.

Most people with macho predilections keep one around. Including a few of my co workers.

But why is it being discussed on this thread.
Last edited by Pratyush on 15 May 2014 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why would MIM goons attack Sikhs in Hyderabad. Sikhs are Minority among Minority outside Punjab.
Is this to cause polarization before the upcoming Assembly elections by M leadership ?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Aakash Gauttam ‏@AakashGauttam Apr 20

I am not sure whether Adani received land for free or not but China received 62000 sq km of land for free from Pt. Nehru.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

What about land gifted to TSP in 47 -48?
manju
BRFite

Post by manju »

Chandragupta wrote:Nobody plays baseball except for very chi chi international schools. But 3 out of 5 cars in the Naarth will have a baseball bat inside, for defense or offence, according to user's shraddha. I used to keep one during my madrassa days too.
That must from local akhada...kusti place.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

pls take the discussion of the riot to internal security thread in other forum.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

scroll.in ‏@scroll_in May 9 : [Election pics] - An instashot of Election Commission volunteers guarding boxes containing #EVMs in Hajipur, Bihar. http://ow.ly/i/5vAwr
Image :shock:
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

^^Nothing to be really that concerned about. It only reflects the fact that, for the most part, elections in India are peaceful and very routine. Everyone knows their role, and they are cool with it.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

amma sacks min who spoke about supporting modi
Retweeted by mamta
ananya dasgupta ‏@ananyadg 13m

#newslaert:Jayalalithaa sacks partyman Malaisamy.He spoke yesterday on possibility of AIADMK supporting Modi. Reports @anna_isaac. @ibnlive
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Is it because she has a problem with the alliance? I think it has got more to do with a party member stepping out of line and saying something which could damage her negotiations with Namo.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Dilbu wrote:Is it because she has a problem with the alliance? I think it has got more to do with a party member stepping out of line and saying something which could damage her negotiations with Namo.
ego, how can someone talk about these things when she is there, she is the supreme god in AIADMK
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I saw the video of that guy speaking to media yesterday. He was a decent guy with enough language skills to be projected on national scene. May be he played his cards a bit too early. It is this unpredictable extreme reaction streak in Jayalalitha that makes her a nightmare as coalition partner. Hope NDA gets enough numbers and don't have to depend on her support to survive.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

NaMo will lose onlee. :(( :(( :((
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

New Indian Express ‏@NewIndianXpress 4h

#NitishKumar First to Face @narendramodi Heat? - http://tnie.in/1jvWoMg
Nitish, who earlier used to call the shots in the JD(U), would now find it increasingly hard to convince the party workers that his decision to sever ties with the BJP was taken in the party’s best interests.
nagesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nagesh »

Its 65 BJP,2 Cngress and 13 others,as per list sent by a bjp person.Dont know how to attach the list with the post here.

yesterday on poll of polls on justice arnab show one of the senior journalists was saying that 30% in UP means 40 tickets and for every % after that corresponds to 4-5 seats.[/quote]

TodaysChanakya is going to be right guys.

65-70 for UP is damn sure[/quote]
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Nitish will soon have a rebellion in his party. People are keeping quiet until results are out. The decision to break ties with NDA was made solely because of Nitish's PM ambitions.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

He is a goner.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

BJP ladies: Smriti unseats Sushma

http://www.abplive.in/india/2014/05/15/ ... ats-Sushma
New Delhi: Smriti Irani may win or lose from Amethi but she appears set to unseat Sushma Swaraj as the BJP’s first lady.

Like Sushma three elections ago, Smriti has won the admiration of the party for her “courage and resolve” in taking on a Gandhi and making a fight of the contest.

If Smriti wins the election and the BJP forms a government at the Centre, a ministry would be hers for the asking, except the top four, sources said. Even if she loses, Modi could “reward” her with a cabinet berth for her “boldness”.

There is speculation over whether Sushma, the leader of the Opposition in the outgoing Lok Sabha, will find a place in a government headed by Modi whose rise she hasn’t been able to stomach.
Old guard making way for new folks. Modi's gambit??
Last edited by pankajs on 15 May 2014 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

I hope 5forty4 plans to give his poll predictions before 5PM on 16th.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

What time will official result announced for general election 2014 ?
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Gentlemen/Ladies,

I'll be in office tomorrow, while the D day unfolds.
Please suggest some websites that would provide reliable and latest seat results/trends.
I found TimesNow way behind Hindi news channels during the 5 states elections last year.

Regards,
Virendra
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

^^ BRF :-)
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

Virendra wrote:Gentlemen/Ladies,

Please suggest some websites that would provide reliable and latest seat results/trends.
I found TimesNow way behind Hindi news channels during the 5 states elections last year.

Regards,
Virendra
Times of India website will be running a great online tally :wink:
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Virendra wrote:Gentlemen/Ladies,

Regards,
Virendra
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com is a website
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

as a collator of reports you will be best to surf the BRF results thread.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

with general elections being over, i am locking this one as well.