BRF Oldie

Re: AP Politics and runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Aditya_V »

Depends, but still too good for YSRC- I wish they were wiped out
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

can someone give a sum-up of the municipal elections ?
I didn't get how bjp+tdp is ahead of TRS. how does it matter when cong gets 23 ?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Aditya_V wrote:Depends, but still too good for YSRC- I wish they were wiped out
It may be even lesser. We will know on May 16

They paid even middle class voters.

A lot of people took money but voted for TDP. If you ever ask them, they won't say they voted for TDP.

Another interesting thing with YSRP is wherever they get votes, they get in tonnes. So if they are winning they are winning with huge margin. That is not the case for TDP. Not sure why? But that might get YSRP less seats if these percentages are right.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Great news!

http://www.gulte.com/news/27002/Fieldin ... -a-MISTAKE
Andhra Octopus Lagadapati Rajagopal hints possible defeat of YSR Congress party's honorary president YS Vijayamma in Visakha Lok Sabha constituency.

Speaking to a news channel, Lagadapati said: "During a flight journey, Brother Anil approached me to seek my opinion on the constituency Sharmila has to contest in 2014 Polls. He said to me that Jagan wishes to field her either from Malkajgiri or Vizag. I explained him both of these Lok Sabha constituencies were too risky as they fall in Urban area. I told him to prefer Anakapalli or Ongole or any other segment which falls in rural area."
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Pardon my ignorance, but why is Brother Anil still around, should he not be stepping aside and disappearing for the Prabhas show.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Andhra Octopus Lagadapati Rajagopal
What does this Andhra octopus mean, hain ji?
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

^ He seemed to have predicted the results before correctly. Hence the reference.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

vivek.rao wrote:Great news!

http://www.gulte.com/news/27002/Fieldin ... -a-MISTAKE
Andhra Octopus Lagadapati Rajagopal hints possible defeat of YSR Congress party's honorary president YS Vijayamma in Visakha Lok Sabha constituency.

Speaking to a news channel, Lagadapati said: "During a flight journey, Brother Anil approached me to seek my opinion on the constituency Sharmila has to contest in 2014 Polls. He said to me that Jagan wishes to field her either from Malkajgiri or Vizag. I explained him both of these Lok Sabha constituencies were too risky as they fall in Urban area. I told him to prefer Anakapalli or Ongole or any other segment which falls in rural area."
Money not numbers that are in favor of YCP. If money didn't do the magic she will lose only. Haribabu is ahead in many scenarios than Vijayamma.

Considering Municipal election results, TDP+BJP will do well into to 20s in Seemandhra. YCP did good only in Kadapa and Kurnool districts. In Nellore Anams are helping in split causing TDP to gain.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

sum wrote:
Andhra Octopus Lagadapati Rajagopal
What does this Andhra octopus mean, hain ji?
Octopus is the reference to the Octopus (Paul the Octopus) which predicted 2010 Soccer world cup results correctly. Lagadapati has been predicting results well for many elections so he is referred to as Andhra Octopus.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Maybe hands in everything!
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

TRS seems to be really surprised by the results of municipality polls. KCR was expecting to sweep the polls, but now seems to have been taken aback by these results.

http://deccan-journal.com/content/trs-s ... ll-results

meanwhile the final Municipal Poll results

http://deccan-journal.com/content/seema ... ll-results
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^
Bhavani garu,
Are you contributing to content in the Deccan Journal site ?
If so my suggestion is to remove the NSFW tollypics cropping up on the sides of articles especially in the political section.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

Lilo wrote:^
Bhavani garu,
Are you contributing to content in the Deccan Journal site ?
If so my suggestion is to remove the NSFW tollypics cropping up on the sides of articles especially in the political section.
I know the guys who run the site, I will ask them to remove the pics.

if any body wants to contribute any articles i will ask them to post it.

In fact the site is owned by couple of young eng students and they are having trouble taking the site towards an appropriate direction
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleani ... -icsp.html

Dalit Christians Debut New Strategy in India Election

India's low-caste citizens have taken a sizable step into politics with a newly formed Christian political party and a campaign dedicated to earning seats in a new state assembly.

As India's month-long national election closed Monday [May 12], residents of Seemandhra, a new state carved out of India's southern state of Andhra Pradesh, elected 25 members to the Indian Parliament and 175 members to the new state's assembly. The new Indian Christian Secular Party (ICSP), launched in February, put up more than 60 candidates—the majority of them Dalit Christians, according to one of the party's founders, Sleeva Galilee. (The election results have not yet been tallied.)

"With this election, there will be certainly a change in the attitude of other political parties towards Dalit Christians," said Galilee. "Dalit Christians have been long taken for a ride and treated as a vote bank. We want to tell the main political parties that they cannot take our votes for granted any longer."

Dalit means "trampled upon" and refers to people who are treated as "untouchables" in caste-entrenched India. Dalits are a mixed population, living all over the country, speaking a variety of languages and practicing numerous religions. The Constitution of India bans discrimination based on caste, but prejudice and discrimination toward Dalits remains rampant. The majority of Dalits have menial jobs such as scavenging, and they live segregated from people in upper castes.

Such maltreatment became more prevalent after federal legislation enacted in 1950 enabled discrimination against Christian Dalits. The law made Hindu Dalits eligible for free education and set quotas for government jobs and seats in legislatures to improve their status. While the privileges were extended to Sikh Dalits in 1956 and to Buddhist Dalits in 1990, they are still denied to Muslim and Christian Dalits.

Christians also face pressure from Hindu nationalists, who continue to implement laws to dissuade conversion from one faith to another.
[Editor's note: The 2012 International Religious Freedom Report called the rise of anti-conversion laws a "worrying trend." In one Indian state, a proposed bill will send Christians to jail if they don't ask for permission to convert at least a month in advance. In another, both local and foreign Christians have faced mob attacks over alleged conversions. Some Hindu extremists have sworn to destroy Dalit Christians, burning villages, attacking homes and killing pastors.]

Establishing a political party may be a powerful idea to help fight this inequality, but whether the new ICSP can effectively carry that out is a separate question, said Raj Bharat Patta, general secretary of Student Christian Movement in India.
The party "may not have much impact, since it has come up all of a sudden and without much ground work," he said.
Franklin Caesar, a Dalit Christian activist, is skeptical of the Indian government's ability to provide justice. His petition seeking a judicial remedy for discrimination against Christian Dalits has been sitting before the federal Supreme Court for 10 years.

"Each time the [Congress party-led coalition] government was asked to make its stand clear on the issue by the [Supreme] Court, the government adopted evasive tactics," said Caesar. It's difficult to get an accurate count of Dalit Christians. Many do not make their faith public as it would shut them out of government jobs, free education, and state scholarship for studies.

"The number of Dalit Christians is much higher than what is projected in the census," said Patta, a pastor of the Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church. In fact, India now hosts more believers than at any time in history. Galilee agreed, and said that since the actual number of Christians is much higher than documented, a Christian political party can make an impact in the elections with their nominal presence.

"We have a strong presence in many areas," Galilee said. "Thousands of Christians are forced to hide their Christian identity and remain Hindu in government registers."

India is ranked No. 28 on the 2014 World Watch List of the 50 countries where it is most difficult to be a Christian.
Last edited by devesh on 13 May 2014 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

---deleted double post---
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

gandikota vasu ‏@gandikotavasu 2h

After smiles yesterday, congmen worried. TRS ahead in PR bodies in rural Telangana: confirmation of it emerging as single largest in assly?
bahdada
BRFite

Post by bahdada »

Edited
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Dalit Christians Debut New Strategy in India Election
"With this election, there will be certainly a change in the attitude of other political parties towards Dalit Christians," said Galilee. "Dalit Christians have been long taken for a ride and treated as a vote bank. We want to tell the main political parties that they cannot take our votes for granted any longer."

Franklin Caesar, a Dalit Christian activist, is skeptical of the Indian government's ability to provide justice. His petition seeking a judicial remedy for discrimination against Christian Dalits has been sitting before the federal Supreme Court for 10 years.
This "we are persecuted" and "we cannot get justice under the government" is just a shorthand of saying that they want a new Xian country for themselves where the church can rule as proxy of the White Man. Unthinking puppets of the Whites, these converted native jokers play this game in every non-Xian country in which they operate. They tried hard in Sri Lanka too.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

The Mandal and ZPP polls are conducted using paper ballot. Again TDP is winning in AP. Congress having edge in TG. Now rural vote also is TDP. I am not digging details as it is waste before 16th results. It will CBN in AP and KCR in TG.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Muppalla wrote:The Mandal and ZPP polls are conducted using paper ballot. Again TDP is winning in AP. Congress having edge in TG. Now rural vote also is TDP. I am not digging details as it is waste before 16th results. It will CBN in AP and KCR in TG.
Seemandhra is fine with TDP winning in both urban and rural side.

TG is less likely to throw numbers for TRS which is doing good only in its core 4 districts. Congress is doing good in both urban and rural side in all other districts. TDP is okay in 3-4 southern districts.

INC will get numbers more than TRS in Assembly and no one looks like they get majority however.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

MIM has emerged the 3rd largest party in Telangana after Congress and TRS
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

If these trends continue in TG, TRS will have ape fit after 5/16.
wasu
BRFite

Post by wasu »

no exit polls today for ap assembly?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

State of FAN as days go by

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

^^^
I thought thodu dongalu (partners in crime) did well in mptc and zptc.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

YSRP did well in only 3 districts it seems. Kadapa,Kurnool,Nellore...

Rest of the places not that good
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

I hope when dust settles BJP does deep retrospect in their decision to support bifurcation in hasty way. What did they achieve in Telangana? They did so miserably in the local elections. The peoples verdict is as if BJP stopped the T formation. Imagine if the party didn't act at the diktats of useless deadwood like SS, we would be talking about full sweep of 25 seats in SA with no material difference in T. If it is truly their ideology to form separate state, they would have done in fair and transparent way after elections. Instead they have to settle with 10-15 seats in SA with no strong foothold in SA, playing only second fiddle to TDP.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Dasari wrote:I hope when dust settles BJP does deep retrospect in their decision to support bifurcation in hasty way. What did they achieve in Telangana? They did so miserably in the local elections. The peoples verdict is as if BJP stopped the T formation. Imagine if the party didn't act at the diktats of useless deadwood like SS, we would be talking about full sweep of 25 seats in SA with no material difference in T. If it is truly their ideology to form separate state, they would have done in fair and transparent way after elections. Instead they have to settle with 10-15 seats in SA with no strong foothold in SA, playing only second fiddle to TDP.

well, if they hadn't voted for T, you can kiss whatever little votes they got good bye. even TDP would have been relegated to a distant 3rd behind INC and TRS.

the real story here is that when BJP was in a position to actually decide on T, they chose to not go proactive on it. So, BJP has done enough introspection. not just recently, but also going back to 1998. the BJP has actually thought about T long and hard and realized that there was no way they could pull it off without draining themselves.

but ultimately, the Congress for some strange reason decided to commit suicide. INC truly crossed the rubicon. and once that was done, pretty much everybody else, including TRS, TDP, YSRCP, etc were all just stunned watcher on the sidelines. even BJP was essentially tied down.

it is foolishness to say that BJP did not introspect. in fact, nothing could be farther from the truth. they went ahead boldly with creating 3 states, and yet did not carry that momentum for T-formation. what does this tell you?

No, the die here was cast by INC. the dice rolled by INC. once that happened, everybody just mutely reacted with varying degrees of shock and disbelief. BJP was in the same boat. they simply reacted. and helped the INC commit suicide.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

INC has terribly miscalculated and lost. Destroy your own a.party. Pop up B teams, merge B teams after elections. Become MOTHER OF TELENGANA with a Temple dedicated to her and lose in the biggest state in south. Another TN of Mafia is created now.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

devesh wrote:well, if they hadn't voted for T, you can kiss whatever little votes they got good bye. even TDP would have been relegated to a distant 3rd behind INC and TRS.
You mean the BJP could have got less than zero. TDP is close third right now?
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Breaking:Curfew imposed in Hyderabad Old City. Stone pelting and street fighting between Muslims and Sikhs. More info will update..
This is just the beginning of challenges and booby traps for Modi to handle. Results haven't been declared and we already have first shot fired from Owaisi. Sign of things to come?
Unfortunate. Some Muslims died in police clashes. This will go up..
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

I think we should all move on from Telangana statehood debate. It is done and whatever lets not dwell on it.

The ITALIANMAFIA thought it as a masterstroke and went to any depths to get it done. The fact that they use Azharuddin,Raj Babbar kind of people as muscle men to beat up MPs who are against or cut off TV feed shows how strongly SONIA wanted this. She thought it will change the fortunes of PAPPU. Every move she was making was to destroy India but make sure she can get 120-130 and BJP 160-170 range. She thought she can play the game better than anybody. She used up every institution,handlers in BJP, Media to corner and destroy Modi.

Telangana was a strategic move. Very cunning calculation.
Telangana with TRS merger - 15 seats; YSRC - 15-20 seats.
SONIA CON - 30-35

Lets wait till May 16 to see if AP people made her ZERO. I will be happy if Andhra goes TDP+BJP - 20 and Telangana also Congress gets only 3-5
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

People buried Congress formally in Seemandhra. Municipal, ZPTC, and MPTC results are out and already are proof.

INC voters moved to TDP and YCP. INC Cadre moved to YCP. 30%+ vote share for YCP is formidable. So YCP less likely to merge with INC soon after elections and so it will be like NCP going forward. YCP is insurance for Jagan for survival and for court cases and for protection of ill-gotten money.

Andhra Pradesh became like Tamil Nadu without central parties so the name Telugu Nadu is apt for it.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

laxman anishetty ‏@laxman219 7h

Lagadapati #seemandhra Exit polls TDP 19 -22 MPs, YCP 3-6 MPs TDP 115- 125 MLAs, YCP 45 -55 MLAs
Zee News ‏@ZeeNews 1h

Andhra Pradesh zilla parishad polls: TDP wins big in Seemandhra http://zeenews.india.com/news/andhra-pr ... 32087.html

State Election Commissioner P Ramakanth Reddy said the counting of votes, which began on Tuesday morning, was completed on Wednesday.

The votes for 1,094 Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituencies (ZPTCs) and 16,617 Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituencies (MPTCs) were polled in two phases last month.

The results of local body elections triggered speculations about the outcome of assembly and Lok Sabha elections, as the counting of votes is set to be taken up Friday.

The TDP is confident that the results of urban and local body polls will be repeated as both urban and rural voters supported the party while YSRCP is sure of coming to power in Seemandhra and hopes to win maximum Lok Sabha seats.

In Telangana, both the Congress and the TRS are equally confident of capturing power. Telangana state Congress chief Ponnala Lakshmaiah on Wednesday exuded confidence that the party will get majority on its own. TRS leader E Rajender said they had no doubt about forming the first government in Telangana.

Andhra Pradesh (Seemandhra) and Telangana will come into being as two states on June 02.

In Telangana, the TRS won three districts, the Congress and the TDP one each. The polls threw hung house in four districts, where the Congress emerged as single largest party.

The TRS, which did not do well in the municipal elections in Telangana, captured power in Karimnagar, Adilabad and Nizamabad. The Congress bagged Nalgonda Zilla Parishad while the TDP surprised all by winning Khammam.

Warangal, Mahabubnagar, Ranga Reddy and Medak threw hung district-level local bodies. The Congress, which emerged as the single largest party, is trying to mobilise support from smaller parties and independents to have its leaders as chairpersons.

The Congress which won majority seats in urban local bodies, finished second in the ZPTC polls, but won majority of mandal-level constituencies.

In Telangana, elections were held for 443 ZPTCs. The results were announced for 440 seats. TRS bagged 191 seats, Congress 176 and TDP 53.

In MPTC elections, it was Congress which secured maximum seats. Elections were held for 6,525 MPTC seats and the results announced for 6,467 seats. Congress won 2,351 seats, TRS 1,860 and TDP 1,061.

It was the TDP wave in Seemandhra as it won Guntur, Chittoor, Krishna, Anantapur, East Godavari, West Godavari, Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam and Vizianagaram Zilla Parishads.

The YSRCP was victorious in Kurnool, Kadapa, Prakasam and Nellore districts.

Out of 653 ZPTC seats in Seemandhra, the TDP won 373 and the YSRCP 275. The Congress bagged only two seats

Out of 10,092 MPTC seats, TDP bagged 5,216 seats YSRCP 4,199 and the Congress 172.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

ShyamSP wrote:People buried Congress formally in Seemandhra. Municipal, ZPTC, and MPTC results are out and already are proof.

INC voters moved to TDP and YCP. INC Cadre moved to YCP. 30%+ vote share for YCP is formidable. So YCP less likely to merge with INC soon after elections and so it will be like NCP going forward. YCP is insurance for Jagan for survival and for court cases and for protection of ill-gotten money.

Andhra Pradesh became like Tamil Nadu without central parties so the name Telugu Nadu is apt for it.
`
Can BJP continue to build party in Andhra by stealing people from YSRP & Congress while Modi is in power regardless of TDP?
member_22799
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_22799 »

Sikh Muslim Riots in Hyderabad ?

How did this happen......

Hyderabad: City Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma visited the riot hit Kishanbagh area where Sikh and Muslim community clashed in the morning resulted in subsequent police firing which has confirmed three deaths of Muslims till now, toll is expected to rise further.

Incident occurred at Sikh Chowni in Kishanbhag area of Bahadurpura where a religious flag of Sikhisim was blazed last night by some miscreants

http://twocircles.net/2014may14/hyderab ... 3OBSsVzaUk

http://www.kashmirdispatch.com/more-new ... firing.htm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 117995.cms

More Pics Here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94592664@ ... 3997948930
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Meanwhile, Cyberabad Joint Commissioner of Police Y. Gangadhar defended police firing claiming firing was necessary to control the situation but he claimed that orders were given to fire in the air. He told reporters, “Around 6.30 am, a group assembled and attacked people. As both groups, armed with swords clashed, we ordered BSF to fire in the air. Those who were at some height from the ground level were hit. Three people have died in the firing. The injured are stable, firing in the air was necessary to bring the situation under control.”
Link
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://www.apherald.com/Politics/ViewAr ... ongress-6/
IBTL Poll
Telugudesam Party Party will bag maximum number of Lok Sabha seats according to Exit polls of IBTL.The survey asserted that Chandrababu led TDP will win 14 Lok Sabha seats, while others will only manage to get seats in single digits. The survey has also predicted that YSRCP will win nine seats. On the other hand, BJP will be expected to win two out of four seats in seemandhra In Telangana, TRS and Congress will be leading the chatrs and both parties expected to share 6 Lok Sabha seats each. BJP wins 3 of the 8 Lok Sabha seats. TDP projected to win just 1 Lok Sabha seat and MIM retains its MP seat.
Here are the results Seemandhra: TDP: 14 (+10) YSR Congress: 9 (+9) BJP: 2 (+2)
Telangana: TRS: 6 (+4) Congress: 6 (-7) BJP: 3 (+3) TDP: 1 (-1) MIM: 1 (0)