Bharat Rakshak

Consortium of Indian Defence Websites
It is currently 17 Apr 2014 23:42

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 02:07 
BRF Oldie

IndiaToday
2 commit suicide in favour of Jagan as CM

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 02:45 
Forum Moderator

Off the people who committed suicide can we find out how many were INC party workers or functionaries? I mean random people committing suicide could be due to other reasons.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 04:27 
Forum Moderator

Frontline Issue

Shocking End

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 07:53 
Forum Moderator

Folks one reason we are having this thread is a strong foriegn connection has shown itself with the inordinate US interest. Unless all the links are explored and understood this thread will stay. Such entities can be people or organizations If we dont study such foreign linkages of people, places, organizations, we might as well give up. its not about politics.

Thanks, ramana

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 09:00 
BRF Oldie

or religion per se!

And please no loose statements.

Thanks, RayC

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 09:25 
BRFite

ramana wrote:
A couple of press reports:

1) Future of all king's men hangs in balance

Report is about local situation in Guntur dt. Similar things might be happening in other districts.

2) Congress in no hurry to name Andhra CM

What all this means is there will be power struggle and most likely KVPRR will split Andhra Congress if his protege is not accomodated. Dont know if they will win or not.

Disclaimer: This is pure speculation only based on happenings in other states and general Indian political scene.

I think YSRJ and his group hold the key to the loot. The high command wants a full surrender of it or at the least a full report of what and how much they have before they decide on what is a reasonable lion's share. They won't let him have the cake and eat it too. That will make the high command look like a bunch of clowns. Until then this drama will continue.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 09:31 
BRF Oldie

INC central command may be thinking that it is not avoidable to have YSRJ as CM

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20090911/81 ... ndhra.html

The Congress leadership is considering Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy for the post of Andhra Pradesh chief minister, said a close aide of late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy, even as Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee clarified that a final decision would be taken at 'an appropriate time.'

K.V.P. Ramachandra Rao, a long-time friend of Rajasekhara Reddy, told reporters that the central leadership would take a decision on this issue.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 10:10 
BRF Oldie

ramana wrote:
Folks one reason we are having this thread is a strong foriegn connection has shown itself with the inordinate US interest. Unless all the links are explored and understood this thread will stay. Such entities can be people or organizations If we dont study such foreign linkages of people, places, organizations, we might as well give up. its not about politics.

Thanks, ramana

Correct. This thread is not about politics, it has bearing on national security.

As an aside, I have photos taken by recovery teams; detailed & gruesome.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 10:45 
BRFite

There is one aspect of YSR EJ ism which was not touched in this thread, the caste factor. Based on some discussions i had lately, i observed some things.These are just my lay observations and they may or may not be true.My observations are in no way a sweeping generalization about communities ( whether Reddy's or Bengalis) and just a lay attempt to understand things . I very much understand that not all Reddy's support YSR and not all Bengalis support CPM.

1. There are striking similarity how some Andhras (especially Reddy's ) defend congress and YSR in AP and how some Bengalis defend CPM .You give any number of proff about YSR's and congress EJ ism and yet they wont get convinced about it and always find something or other "good deeds" which YSR has done which they think will negate Congress EJ ism.

2.For people in BRF and nationalists in general, YSR is seen as a EJ out to subvert our civilization and acting as a pawn to outside forces, but there are large sections of people in AP who see him as a Reddy first and only then as an EJ.This is true as much within the Reddy community as it is true outside his community.

3. YSR's family starting from his father Raja Reddy had mixed overt Reddy ism with covert EJ im.That proved immensly beneficial.Raja Reddy was initially ostracized by the Reddy community when he converted to christianity in the 50s.He tried to win back his community support when he poured kerosene and burned alive a lower caste person accused of stealing ornaments from a Reddy women.
(This is in no way suggesting that all Reddy's oppress lower casts..Just recounting an incident from Raja Reddy's life.)
By the time YSR entered politics, he already regained much of the support of his community which stayed with him until now.

4. During the discussions with my Reddy friends, i observed that any criticism of YSR in particular and AP Congress in general is immediately taken as a criticism of Reddy community and not as a criticism of his EJ and factionist policies.I observed the same thing while discussing about CPM's anti-national policies with some of my Bengali friends.My criticism of CPM polcies are taken as criticism of Bengali people.

My personnel opinion is until the Reddy's find another political figure who can win elections as well as protect Reddy's interests, they will continue to suppport YSR and his son regardless of their EJ activities.They see him first and foremost as a Reddy and only then as a EJ.

Another Caste which hugely supports congress and YSR in AP are the Kapu's. The Kapu's will support anyone whom they think will take on TDP and Chandrababu Naidu. TDP is seen as party of Kamma's, the other dominant caste of AP. Kamma's and Reddy's are the two most powerful caste's in Andhra with every other caste's aligning with either of these two powerful caste parties.Congress may be a national party outside AP but it is a caste party inside AP.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 11:03 
BRF Oldie

Rony,

As an outside person from AP your observations are valid based on some of the friends that met. However, I have to disagree regarding observations about Reddy caste. As yvijay observed in one of his posts, Reddys are not monolithic caste and there is huge difference between Reddys of Telangana to that of Rayalaseema. YSR is Rayalaseema and he toppled many Reddys in his career before he became CM. He brought down Chenna Reddy, Vijayabhaskar Reddy and also another EJ N.Janardhan Reddy. Among the forwards castes of AP, Reddy's population is very large and they are very diversified and hence Reddy based caste politics is very diffucult to sustain. It is possible to a large extecnt for all the other forward castes.

YSR has a different aura and following and that is just not EJ alone and definitely not Reddy specific. It is something different.

Added later: Reddys by and large are voting to INC for a long time and most Reddy stalwarts also belong to INC. Survival of a non-Reddy CM of INC is very little.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 15:33 
BRF Oldie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y._S._Rajasekhara_Reddy

Good summary. I liked the controversies section :)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 20:39 
BRFite

Frontline
Quote:
The Bell-430, owned by the State government, was nearly 10 years old and a was a “relic” by VIP-use standards, though it was given a Certificate of Airworthiness by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) with validity up to 2010.

Then I pity IAF pilots who are still flying MiG-21 with junk yard spare parts from East European countries.

This is what gets me going... :evil:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 22:02 
BRF Oldie

[quote="KarthikSan"]

No speculations please.

One could also say that the earth is flat!

You want the thread locked?

There is enough of turbulence in areas that matter!

RayC

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 22:21 
BRFite

shravan wrote:

I am seriously against such stupid acts by some stupid people who dont even know the value of life.There are two main reasons behind their suicide.
1).Their families living in dire poverty and day to day activities are getting hard to pass on.Hence their families need money for survival.They may have taken money for life.
2).Simply foolishness and ignorance.They just dont know the value of thier own lives.More over they dont even know how to end up their lives.They just lost their lives for no reason and for hosting a goon as a CM.It may have many adverse effects because of thier death.Only two people died now and once this goon hosts the Chair many people have to end their lives.
Just a hasty decision.

Coming to the point of hosting Jagan as CM after the death of his father,

currently we are not living in Monarchy like if dad dies Son is next king.if mom dies daughter will be next power holder.
As a matter of fact it there are over 70 million people living in AP and there are as many as 10 political parties with a million candidates contesting for each constituency,which simply means no candidate won the election with 100% peoples willingness as thier leader.More like 30% of the whole constituency accepts him as the leader while the rest 70% tell him to F off.But still they give him power to host the chair either as MLA or MP. Since he is elected because of only that 30% it is most obvious that he is going to take care of that 30% in any worst case scenario and is aboslute that he ignores the 70% who didnt vote for him.
After all this the rest 70% has to lead thier miserable life under the so called 30% leader for the next 5 years.And if their fate turns good they will see a different leader who might be elected with the same proportion of votes.
On the contrary all the people of this constituency can be happy once only in every 20 years give that the same leader get elected only once in every 4 sucessive elections.

This is only for one constituency in one state.And if take the total country as a whole giving it the same proportions of candidates being elected more or less with a 5% tolerance, which means only 350 million people all over the country are happy with congress/UPA being in power while 810 million highly against congress being in power or Congress ruling the country.
And i still didnt get it, why a major chunk has to lead their desperate lives under the loosing of a shabby government while a few and minor portion has choosen the way?

Is it what real democrazy mean? I guess it is.

Since it is clearly evident from the things that are happening in AP.IF UPA hosts jagan as CM, then i will consider that India is no more a democratic country.It is down to Monarchy again.And i wont give a shit about any leader or any constitutional rights or amendments.

May God bless India from going down into a full authority monarchy.
JAI HIND.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009 23:15 
BRF Oldie

News reports indicate that INC high command decided to keep K Rosaiah as the CM for the time being. Would be interesting to see YSRJ Group's next move. AP Govt better be prepared for wide-spread agitations, self-immolations, even riots.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009 00:23 
BRFite

RamaY wrote:
News reports indicate that INC high command decided to keep K Rosaiah as the CM for the time being. Would be interesting to see YSRJ Group's next move. AP Govt better be prepared for wide-spread agitations, self-immolations, even riots.

As I theorized at the beginning of the thread, YSJMR cannot leave mothership as he can be seen as fish out of the water. Note that he is accused to be involved in the Paritala murder. He is neck deep in a lot of corruptions and crimes so if he goes against Congress, slow leaks will come out.

Agitations and riots are not likely, perhaps, in a old Congress/YSR style, they may happen after some time later to bring down K Rosaish. They may "self"-immolate somebody to show YSJMR supporters are dying.

At the same time Sonia and co can't avoid him if they want to win next elections so central and state dynasties form a symbiotic relationship. By giving CMship to KRosaiah, they can satisfy dissindents who could have turned damaging to Congress in next elections. TDP will be at max disadvantage under Rosaiah than under Jagan.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009 01:05 
BRF Oldie

John Snow wrote:
Frontline
Quote:
The Bell-430, owned by the State government, was nearly 10 years old and a was a “relic” by VIP-use standards, though it was given a Certificate of Airworthiness by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) with validity up to 2010.

Then I pity IAF pilots who are still flying MiG-21 with junk yard spare parts from East European countries.

This is what gets me going... :evil:

The 737 classic that was / is used by the VIP communication sqdn to fly the PM, President and other dignitaries are far older and hand me downs from the erstwhile IA.

It' only now that the new Embraers and the new generation Boeing business jets have entered the picture.

As long as the aircraft is well maintained and serviceable its ok for vip use.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009 08:20 
BRF Oldie

ramana wrote:
If we dont study such foreign linkages of people, places, organizations, we might as well give up. its not about politics.

Thanks, ramana

Hear, hear. Those who shy away from uncomfortable facts are the ones who will not survive (and who don't deserve to survive).

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009 20:21 
Forum Moderator

Folks, I am going to lock this thread as there is no new info. We can revisit if anything new turns up.

Thanks for the participation and generally staying on topic.

ramana

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2009 09:55 
BRFite

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Reposito ... 140301.png

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011 03:44 
Forum Moderator

Fifty Five page India Forum thread on YSR copter missing

India Forum Thread on YSR copter Missing

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23