The Cricket World Cup Thread

Bade
BRF Oldie

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Bade »

By predicting SRT will make 300+, the predictor is just putting SRT through stress tests...oops his fans...if he fails then he is solely to blame for India not winning the series. ;-)
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Marten wrote: There is another God apart from our God. ;)
Tsotsobe to Gambhir, 1 run, 79.0 mph, Dropped by AB de Villiers at second slip! Oh what a clanger. Gambhir went after a good-length delivery outside off stump and it flew fast to the right of AB who clanged it. It burst off his palms. He jumped and went with both hands but at the last instant, never got them together! It crashed into the his right palm and popped out. Kallis would have taken it I guess.
AoA
nithish
BRFite

Post by nithish »

142/2, end of day 2
solid partnership from Gambhir and Sachin, very sensible batting - Gambhir had a few scares but stuck it out
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

There is one god and SRT his prophet PBUH. :P

We will loose onlee.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Don't forget my prediction that SRT will score 100. This place is crawling with qadianis. :mrgreen:
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Pratyush wrote:There is one god SRT and SRT god his prophet
Fixed. :P

And yes, We will lose onlee :(( :((
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

they also say oh my gosh! :(( something to the effect unlike indics, that calling god's name unnecessarily is a sin.
Last edited by SaiK on 03 Jan 2011 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

Sreesanth thanks Smith for turnaround

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/a ... 025559.ece
“Smith woke me up, thanks to him,” said Sreesanth. “I was a bit asleep in the series. He said to me that I wasn't good enough and I thought I was good enough to get him out and that's what happened.”
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Injured Kallis to bat 'only if necessary' in second innings
Jacques Kallis' participation in the remainder of the Cape Town Test is likely to be restricted to batting in the second innings, if absolutely necessary. Kallis, who will "probably" miss the first two one-dayers following the Test series, was struck on the right side of his chest during his crucial 161, and batted with pain before he was the last man out. He did not take the field during India's innings, and will continue to sit out when India are at the crease in this match.

"Kallis has been diagnosed with a contusion to the right rib area and accompanying muscle strain," Mohammed Moosajee, manager of the South Africa team and a doctor by practice, said. "The recovery time is two weeks, it can be slightly less or more than that. He will probably miss the first two one-dayers. He will definitely bat if he needs to in the second innings, but will not take the field."
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

^^ Who struck him on the chest?
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Was just looking at the stats of Jacques Kallis and Sachin. Both have around same average in tests as well as ODIs. Only difference being Kallis played less matches than sachin and Kallis also doubles up as all rounder.

Here are the stats

Sachin

ODIs - matches 442, runs 17598, and average 45.12
Tests - matches 176, runs 14532 and average 56.54

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-afric ... 35320.html

Kallis

ODIs - matches 307, runs 11002 and average 45.84
Tests - matches 144, runs 11677 and average 56.41

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-afric ... 45789.html
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

if bade walic words to come true, then it must happen tomorrow itself.. and get them bowled out for 200 odd runs. Smith is injured, so capitalize.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Dilbu wrote:Don't forget my prediction that SRT will score 100. This place is crawling with qadianis. :mrgreen:
SRT fans keep very low expectations for the longevity of their prophet. Only a hundred :P why even Gambhir can score that, do not even need a Laxman for that.

Where is the rest of 500+ going to come from, with a puny hundred from god ! :(( :(( He needs a 300+ to get the BR and then I need to run away from BRF for a long time.
nithish
BRFite

Post by nithish »

nachiket wrote:^^ Who struck him on the chest?
Sreesanth
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

whatever the result of the match, TI is no 1 for sometime to come. :D :D
this year have plenty of matches to play including world cup .
busy year for TI esp gawd. Hope he takes some rest in between.
Good chance for youngistan brigade to take over the team. :(( :((
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

cons:
Everybody likes laying into Sreesanth.
He threatens to throw the ball at the batsman every time it is hit back to him..
He is painfully poor with his over-rate, going through elaborate rituals before every delivery.
Often the umpires have to wait for his bending over and worshipping the crease before they can get his sweater and hat
aggression on the field, accusing him of making comments about his family.
captain has not backed him much..is difficult to control Sreesanth when it comes to verbal aggression.

Pros:
He can produce mad, wicket-taking deliveries, both out of nowhere and during honest, hard-working spells
even when the line is wrong and pace low, the seam is upright, giving him the best chance of mischief from the pitch and in the air
first Indian bowler to take a five-for on this trip
Prince delivery.."Probably the best ball I have ever bowled to a left-hander," was Sreesanth's description of the delivery. "I wish I could produce that more often."

More cons than pros-
It is a delicate state of balance with Sreesanth, which he can lose easily. From bowling unplayable deliveries to real gifts is just a blur. ...such unpredictable bowling - and behaviour, which seems to be a big concern for Dhoni - makes it difficult for the captain to back him...With Sreesanth, there is no guarantee of a minimum level of control. More than anybody else, then, he needed this spell. To reiterate the importance of taking difficult characters along in a team game. More than anybody else, he needs these spells regularly, for his rope will always be the shortest.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-afric ... 95221.html
GuruPrabhu
BRFite

Post by GuruPrabhu »

Marten wrote:^ monotheist. :P

There are several avatars of God. The one currently gracing us with his presence is SRT. :)
Ishwar Allah tere naam, sab ko sanmat de SRT

And SRT said, "let there be kirkit", and so it was done, and it was Good.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Sreesanth either needs to cut his hair short or grow them much longer so that they don't look like a freaking wig put on by Saira Bano. :mrgreen:
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

I thought he was going to apply henna like the old goats from the Naarth (happened to see Rajesh Khanna on TV looking like a red haired paki goat) and do a Malinga with the curls and hairband thingies. I spotted some kind of tattoo in one of cricinfo pics.Not to mention his red dot between the eye-brows. What is missing is some carnations behind the ear and big triple gopi on the forehead and a large cross on his chest :P to prove his secular credentials.

Or he can do a Dennis Rodman persona and go uber-PC metrosexual thing.
GuruPrabhu
BRFite

Post by GuruPrabhu »

Or he can proclaim that Glenn McGrath is the greatest ever, this way at least the Gunga Dins living in furrin lands can be happy.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Marten wrote:^ monotheist. :P

There are several avatars of God. The one currently gracing us with his presence is SRT. :)
The Prophet is the one and only any one saying one of many is a kaffir and deserves to be hit out of the stadium for 6 with the SRTs bat. : :mrgreen:

We will loose onlee :((
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Strange are the ways of God:
Harris to Tendulkar, OUT, 51.2 mph, Laxman is run out Tendulkar is dropped and Laxman is out! Here is what happened: Tendulkar went down the track and smashed it hard in the air to right of Harris who just about managed to get his right hand to it. Laxman was outside his crease and the ball fell on the stumps at his end! Run out! Harris is bleeding. Blood on the pitch but he has run out, albeit accidentally, Laxman. Big moment this.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

archan wrote:Sreesanth either needs to cut his hair short or grow them much longer so that they don't look like a freaking wig put on by Saira Bano. :mrgreen:
:lol:

we lost two wickets in first session and the new ball is just a couple of overs old.
poor laxman.

we will lose onlee ! :((

p.s. all this SRT bashing reminds me of a mullah nasiruddin joke

mullah : bibi, I thought it over and realised that the sun is not at all useful to us, unlike the moon.
bibi : how so ?
mullah : the sun gives light in the day, when we don't need it, while the moon gives light in the dark.
:mrgreen:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Good one, O breaper Mahul R :mrgreen:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Pujara flops again, looks he is not good enough either on South African wickets? Granted wickets are difficult, but is he performing any better than Raina, his scores are 17, 11 and 2 in this series. he is a good feilder and has good technique (better than Raina), but how good is his temperement? thats the question?
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Sachin hits century.
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Dhoni gone
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

temperament ? delivery like that ?
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

^^^^
not to worry, gawd and his chela on play.
If chela hits a ton will become a gorilla(not shave for 1 week) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TI will lose onlee. :(( :((
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Rahul M wrote:temperament ? delivery like that ?
Ok but the praise he is getting is not being justified by the runs he is scoring.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Sadly, this seems to be the manic 3-4 hours of play which causes a loss of series where India performs well throughout..

Had happened in Aus ( Sydney), S.Africa previous tour and couple of other places...
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Ij thij going to be yet another egjample where SRT socres 100 and TI loojej :((
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Dilbu wrote:Don't forget my prediction that SRT will score 100. This place is crawling with qadianis. :mrgreen:
Ahem.. :twisted:
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Dilbu wrote:
Ahem.. :twisted:
The Octopus has come in true this time....

Lets hope we win this match.. all we need is one gritty partnership.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

This is too funny

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-afric ... 63148.html
Steyn to Harbhajan Singh, no run, 139.0 kph, What material is that stump made off? Use it to cut diamonds, I say! Steyn delivers another one of those pythons that lands on a length on middle and off, and seams away, leaving Harbhajan's attempted prod in another zip code altogether. It hits something on the way. South Africa go up in a huge appeal. The ball deviated off something. Turns out it hit the off stump on its way. The bails were not interested in falling down. Steyn is miffed beyond words!
Someone should advise Harbajan to see off the Steyn spell and then India should try and score. His backing away and playing does not seem the write way to go.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

there is a chance Kallis might end up with more 100s than Mr Australia.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

^^^^
Kallis will easily go past Mr Australia. already on level currently. also average better than Mr Integrity.
he is the nearest competitor to gawd by a long margin(12 centuries at present). has age on his side compared to gawd. :D
(but does look older to gawd)
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

83.5 overs
Morkel to Tendulkar, SIX, 89.5 mph, SRT brings up Century No. 51 with a six over the wicket-keeper's head to the off side. And no, it's not an upper cut. It's far from it. Sachin knows he's dealing with a rampant attack here and chooses to go after every small indiscretion in line or length. This was short, so he got ready for the hook, but he did not account for the bounce. It took off and flew off the top edge, all the way, very fine and behind the wicketkeeper. The little man puts his hands up. Determined ton this.
Oh my SRT!!
wow! only gawd can play like this at 94 :mrgreen: rest are mere mortals
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

kallis is about 3 yrs younger than SRT...and 12 centuries behind....I think SRT will be playing longer than him just to prove a point - maybe to the age of 45 or so :) just retire from ODIs too to preserve his health...kinda like a VVS-MKI
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Singha wrote:kallis is about 3 yrs younger than SRT...and 12 centuries behind....I think SRT will be playing longer than him just to prove a point - maybe to the age of 45 or so :) just retire from ODIs too to preserve his health...kinda like a VVS-MKI
Both Kallis and Tendular are 37 years old.