The Cricket World Cup Thread

James B
BRF Oldie

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by James B »

Aditya_V wrote:
Singha wrote:kallis is about 3 yrs younger than SRT...and 12 centuries behind....I think SRT will be playing longer than him just to prove a point - maybe to the age of 45 or so :) just retire from ODIs too to preserve his health...kinda like a VVS-MKI
Both Kallis and Tendular are 37 years old.
Kallis is 35 years old.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-afric ... 45789.html
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

What a session of test cricket! Great bowling from Steyn & Co. equally good reply from SRT. Good attacking cameo from Bhaji once the new ball lost its sheen. This is very good stuff.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Aditya_V wrote:

Someone should advise Harbajan to see off the Steyn spell and then India should try and score. His backing away and playing does not seem the write way to go.

:(( :(( see below!!
8) 8)
great show bhajji. with gawd around even you play with superhuman effort.
Steyn to Harbhajan Singh, no run, 87.2 mph, another short ball, but this time it slides harmlessly down the leg. Harbhajan wants to smash it, but misses. Steyn has a smile, Harbhajan has a smile. Friendly banter ensues!
Steyn to Harbhajan Singh, no run, 90.6 mph, saw that coming didn't you. Steyn lets rip a steamy bouncer that was destined to hit Harbhajan on the head. He weaved away like Mohammad Ali in his prime and dropped his wrists. Good idea. :rotfl:

Something seems to have gone into Harbhajan's eye. He's getting some treatment for it. And now he's ready.
Steyn to Harbhajan Singh, SIX, 85.5 mph, Harbhajan has just played the shot of the match. Of the series. Of the South African summer. :rotfl: Length ball on middle and off, Harbhajan doesn't bother with trifles like foot work. He stays back and drills the bat down in one, smooth, devastating swing. And makes fearsome contact. And then he holds his pose. The ball sails easily over long on. Harbhajan has a wry smile on his face. Business as usual. He hardly strained a muscle and sent the world's top fast bowler packing over long on. On a day when he has bowled the spell of the series. :rotfl: This Test match continues to throw up some utterly unbelievable moments. It brought up 2000 runs for Harbhajan in Tests. Can't think of a more stylish way to bring up a milestone.

alz well TI will lose only :(( :((
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Meanwhile end of an era-
No more jumbo on field.
Kumble pulls out of IPL auction
Is he the only living cricketer to have a circle named after him-- Anil kumble circle in bengaluru. :?: any one else. not even gawd :(( :((
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

gawd falls.
felled by morkel.
TI will lose onlee., :(( :((
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

We made sure that SA have to start all over again. Lead by one run , :lol:

364 all out
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

What a day of cricket. I suppose this one innings lays to rest the notion that sachin only plays for himself. I'd rank this among his most grittiest right along with the one in australia where he totally cut off the punch in the offside and grafted to score a ton. Loved every moment of it.

With the amount of crap boucher and others were dishing out to sreeshanth, they have the temerity to come out and cry about abuse and sledging. Bloody arselochs. I hope this fires up sreesanth and he breathes fire when he comes out to bowl and the entire slip cordon gets into the act while bowling. Pretty much shows where they lie on the 'we play hard cricket' balderdash. bullies and nothing more than that who talk big but cant take somebody who stands up to them.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Harshad: "Given the sledging Sreesanth is receiving, I hope Dhoni does not sell him down the river this time and say he needs to control his temper. He should do that in the dressing room but in public needs to support his bowler. The South Africans are no saints. Nobody obeys the so called 'line' anyways.. so Dhoni dont ever do that again to your bowler. The opposition are gonna gang up on him. "
Pranthan should be let loose with controlled emotions. Dhoni should support him openly.
pranthan received hostile reception by SA. MSD should take note of this.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

What a match... 3 days almost gone and still its on the wire.

A lead of 2 is still a point that is made: we bested you. Lets hope we get a couple of quick wickets now.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Yeah god killed the demi-god and stole the show. :P But still could not manage a 300+. He just got what VVS could have added assuming the rest of the tail played the same supporting role.

Now the onus is put on the bowlers to do the job, so god can take the limelight. par for course. :rotfl:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Marten wrote:
Where are the whiners? I thought SRT scored the century only for himself, eh? C'mon out and play! :P
sachin scored the hundred in the 1st innings where India scored 364. it has no value.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Marten mullah let's hope pranthan does the trick again. Pranthan my boy, real mallus don't give up. കൊല്ലടാ ആ നായിന്റെ മക്കളെ. (Kill those SOBs) :twisted:
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

We need to get some reverse jinx going... and some wickets tumbling

Bolo ek awaz se,

We will lose onlee :((
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

India will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

We will lose onlee :(( :((

And 1000 lactating goats to Dilbullah for predicting the century. Pitchforks are firmly locked in the cupboard now.For the moment :twisted:
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

SA 52/2
Smith and nightwatchman Harris both lbw to Turbanator
... stumps
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

we will loose onlee :((
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Bhajji is going to be the key bowler if we have to dismiss SA for a low score
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

a good spell tomorrow morning and we would be that much closer to the kill. most crucial first hour of the series.

we will lose onlee !! :(( :((

---------------

the ashes series is like an old man and a schoolboy pretender fighting with toothpicks. ! :D
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

krishnan wrote:Bhajji is going to be the key bowler if we have to dismiss SA for a low score
Harbhajan Singh to Harris, OUT, 50.8 mph, Harbhajan strikes again! Quite a dramatic dismissal. It landed well outside off on the rough, a puff of dust came up, and turned in sharply. Harris went back and across and chose to pad up. The bat was lifted in the air and the ball turns in to hit the pad just outside off stump. It would have crashed into the stumps.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

we need to keep SA under 250, else chasing will get more challenging. On a side note I am happy this test match will produce result. Now I hope its in our favor.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

The real battle begins tomorrow. Hope Pranthan can injure another one of springboks.. and get them restricted to not more than 250.

What do you say Octopusuddin?
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I have a feeling Ishant is going to come to the party tomorrow. But then again what do I know. I am just a gawd worshipper. :mrgreen:
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

We want followers of all ilks to join together in this prayer session. Loosen your langots and pray with us (to your individual Gods). :mrgreen:
The praablem is one god (or the only one as per the rabid monos on this thread ;-) ) has already fired and is too tired considering his age. His firing again to complete the 300+ runs for the match is << 50% chance only now. So it will fall on the shoulders of VVS again I think :-) to rescue a win. A few other sleeping gods are in some stupor and sehwag has a shoulder problem.

All you monos, start with deep breathing tachniques of hatha yoga on a flying carpet and pray to Rama's brother onlee for a win. :mrgreen: Do not dilute by praying to the only god for win.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

^^^^
without gawd's permission even blade of grass will not move.
gawd's wish may be granted. :wink:
gawd has a role to play also with ball after his display with the bat. :rotfl:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Gawd may not bowl cause he need to do the gawdly things again. btw, did anyone watch the way gambhir got out? That was so silly of him, that too he is one of the best player of spin. Must have suddenly got some GR Vishy thoughts.

Steyn will definitely try to harass again gawd as in first innings, VVS seems like a player who would need to be set in a situation that things are pathetic, and he must play to win or save the match. Perhaps he raises to gawd level no matter the need of the hour, but plainly make runs merrily.

And RD, I don't need to say.. if he hits his usual 40s, I am happy. Pujara is doing the same mistake as Raina chap did. They need to know test matches have a lot of capability that needs to be achieved by staying at the crease.

Time to swap bhajji and RD to bat ahead.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

^^ could be an experimental AI software as well.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

On certain bored meetings, I have experienced firangies use my name like "Sai and I" [sounding cyanide]. BTW, if you find a better yindoo then me, then he/she/it must be a chipanda! :mrgreen: .

--
PS: sometimes LISP (slipping) bugs happen in my neural networks.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

The praablem is one god (or the only one as per the rabid monos on this thread ;-) ) has already fired and is too tired considering his age.
I really do not understand the SRT bashers. It is one thing to not like SRT, one can have their preferences. Now, the man has played a brilliant innings, and has at least put India on an even footing at the end of day 3. Whether one hates SRT as a person or not is beside the point, the value of his innings cannot be denied. IMHO one should at least appreciate the innings... heck I would even do that for an innings from a player of the opposing camp. But instead what we get are snide remarks about his age and snickers about how he is tired and will fail in the 2nd innings ... :-?

Oh well, to each his own.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

See, whether you like SRT or bash SRT (snidely or openly), it tells us more about you than about SRT.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Wrong conclusion :-) It tells more about abhorrence for worship beyond need. Maybe non-egalitarians do not see it that way. What to do onlee. They can only see a god being desecrated and their belief systems being questioned and hence riot at the first provocation.

As a corolllary, why do I have to worship SRT in public, even if I enjoy watching him play and score a century nah a triple some day ? :mrgreen:
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Bade wrote:Wrong conclusion :-) It tells more about abhorrence for worship beyond need. Maybe non-egalitarians do not see it that way. What to do onlee. They can only see a god being desecrated and their belief systems being questioned and hence riot at the first provocation.

As a corolllary, why do I have to worship SRT in public, even if I enjoy watching him play and score a century nah a triple some day ? :mrgreen:

What belief system? Most of us believe SRT/Dravid/VVS/Sehwag are the best players in Indian team and the youngistan brigade has failed to prove their potential to the same level. The stats that I posted earlier prove that: inspite of having played more matches, they still produce less runs than the above pantheon. There is no "belief" here... its performance borne out by numbers. Despite all what you have said, you still have not produced evidence that proves that youngistan brigade has better output than the above. Who has a "belief" system now?

And it is not just SRT (for some reason you are fixated on him alone, notice the earlier comments :((ing about TV channels giving him coverage), most of us here love Dravid/VVS/Sehwag to more or less the same extent. It would seem you are the one that is fixated on him. Hate is a powerful emotion, it does tend to deprive a person of reason.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Tanaji, it is amazing when you love a person (SRT) in this case so rabidly, it is understandable that criticisms are not tolerated. But where do you see any hate on my part at least for SRT in what I have said. :-? You sound almost like the Talibunnies now. :eek:

Match is not over yet, to see the fruits of SRT's labor as a win for India. :)
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

^^^^
come on babies, enjoi the show.
aalls eess well. :mrgreen:
unabashed admirer of gawd despite the verbal bouncers here and elsewhere. facts with facts.
also love TI. everyone has a role to play.It is a team game.
(running off to a dark corner in a kave kamplex) :P
ok fellas, here is my proposal,
gawd's janmasthami is april 24. why not call it runmasthami!! :rotfl:
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Where did I claim anything on behalf of the youngistan brigade. Maybe the true talents will not be found in the young as they see the gods as irreplaceable and do not see themselves as up to the mark. The self belief has to take root first to make another giant.

If you took a look at the Auzzie team's current state and a few years back. They had their gods like Warne, Integrity, Gilchrist, Hayden and now without them floundering. Why is that ? Is the long innings from the above geniuses the reason, maybe so ? Cricket Aus was heralded as the breeding ground of young talent with their methods for selection and grooming. But what happened. There is something to be said then by domination by a few, good for the spectators now and historians to enjoy the bounty, but the drought is sure to come as a result.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Bade mian, worship beyond need should be left to the worshipper.

I dont know what other SRT-bashers takleef is (well, it ranges all the way from "God has surrendered, God has surrendered, my head is bursting, burrrrrssssttttting" to "God, oh gawd, oh gaaaawwdd" in blue font to "God, what god, I am god, no you are god, no we are all dogs" to "What hath god wrought? [silenceeeeeeeeeee] Gooooood?! [silenceeeeeeeeeee]" etc.), but I can fit your takleef into an "atheist vs. anti-theist" debate. An atheist does nt believe in God, but does nt have a visceral need to react when someone espouses a belief in God. An anti-theist too hates God, but is more like Periyar :). You are sounding more like the anti-theist than an atheist vis-a-vis SRT.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

Stan, with all due respect your verbiage is getting to be pointless. :-) I could as well as counter claim that you are being anti-Periyar and casteist. ;-)
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

SRT made 150+ and Gambhir made a very valuable 93. To me both are equally useful contributions for TI. If that is Periyar-esque to some, then so be it. Some one has to highlight the unsung heroes too.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

I take it that we are all grown up men in here? huh?
GuruPrabhu
BRFite

Post by GuruPrabhu »

SRT is all merciful. But, SRT loves those who love themselves.