BRF Oldie

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Hari Seldon »

SaiK wrote:
5.Yuvraj
6.Dhoni (C)
7. Afridi
5&7 are contradicting!?.

btw, if there was a team b (let us say all youngasians, what is your choice?
I would bring in saurabh twary and ambati rayudu (wicky) for sure. Maybe consider Jaodev unadkat as well in the seamer category. All IPL folks, am talking about.

BTW, saw ads on tv for the JPL - jharkhand premier leagur with the ranchi rangers taking on the jamshedpur javelins and the bokaro bravehearts or something like that. wow or wow or what.....
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

well jharkhand won the vijay hazare trophy -- the interstate 50 overs tournament, beating teams like mumbai, so may be all peculiar teams are paying off. this year has certainly seen the spreading of cricket in India, rajasthan winning the ranji trophy and jharkhand winning VH. good for Indian cricket. :)
Vril
BRFite

Post by Vril »

^^there's this new guy from jharkhand, Varun Aaron who bowls consistently over 140 kmph. looks like a bright prospect for TI.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

^^Every couple of years we are told of some new guy who can consistently bowl over 140kph. I remember Munna being one of them. None of them has managed to end our search for a decent and consistent fast bowler to partner Zak. We don't even need the bowler to bowl that fast. Anyone who can bowl in the mid 130s but manage to control his line and length and generate some swing or seam movement will do. Let me know if you find one
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

err pranthan?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Every bowler has a plan up his sleeve for Sehwag till he walks back to his runup. After that Sehwag takes over.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Prasad wrote:err pranthan?
He said consistent bowler. :P
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

nachiket wrote:^^Every couple of years we are told of some new guy who can consistently bowl over 140kph. I remember Munna being one of them. None of them has managed to end our search for a decent and consistent fast bowler to partner Zak. We don't even need the bowler to bowl that fast. Anyone who can bowl in the mid 130s but manage to control his line and length and generate some swing or seam movement will do. Let me know if you find one
Boss any fast Bowler on Flat wickets goes for runs and have off days, be it Waqar Younis, Bret Lee, SHoiab Chucker, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Shaun Tait, Johnson, Anderson etc. etc.

In India the moment they go for runs, they are told to cut down on pace.

2nd other captains rarely overbowl fast bowlers, it is the most strenous thing in cricket, in India Captains who are batsman just don't get it how tiring and stressful it is.

The problem in India- too few try out medium/ fast bowling to understand what the issues are, we dont take care of them- asking how to out fox batsman etc. on flat wickets just bowling line and length will not work.

Take for example the Cape Town test , unlike SA who had Jacque Kallis to reduce the bowler work load regurlarly all our Fast bowlers were tired by the time SA tail came to bat, hence the match went out of our Hands.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

>> Mahul R, Jayasuriya didn't break Afridi's record. iirc it stands even now @37 balls. It was the other way around, methinks. This was within a week or so of their matches. Afridi matched the number of sixes JS hit -- 11! :shock: :eek:

>> He broke the half century record in which the first wicket fell at 60something, and Kalu had scored only 1 run of that total! :eek:

mea culpa. SL lost that match with the 17 ball 51. it was also a certain rahul dravid's debut series. I was very irritated at him. "who's this guy who just scores 3's and 4's ?"
bart
BRFite

Post by bart »

This 'interview' ori-Jinn-ates from pork passion.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

The english are struggling against spin of bangladesh today. Ball seems to be turning from very early on.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Asoka Desilva seems to have made a mess of the UDRS system in WI vs IRE game.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Except for gawd, kohli and sewag none in TI made a hundred :(( .

Have you all moorkels started stayning your dhotis yet?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Dilbu wrote:Asoka Desilva seems to have made a mess of the UDRS system in WI vs IRE game.
Yes according to him when teams are chasing more 6 runs per over the Batsman was padding up for the delivery just because the Bat did not meet ball.

Looks like BD is beating ENgland, so one team in Group A will have a real easy QF. BD 46/0 chasing 225.
Last edited by Aditya_V on 11 Mar 2011 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Matern-> I will stop my Dhoti Shivering when India win 17 continous Tests and 3 continous world Cups, then we can truly call ourselves no. 1 and rest of the world will fear an Indian team like Australia is and was feared.

Winning 1 in 10 world cups does not cut it. Losing is ok for others not for us.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

bart wrote:
This 'interview' ori-Jinn-ates from pork passion.
That is why he used 3 Paki batsmen as examples; did not talk about Gavaskar or Boycott (to name just 2 good solid batsmen). IIRC, Majid Khan, hmmmm I remember him more for his looks. Zaheer, yeah he was stylish. But Miandad? LoL. Somebody must have been holding a gun to Holding's head during the interview.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Marten wrote:Let me put down a few very important thoughts that span issues beyond cricket across as well:
> Dhoti shivering is performance-agnostic. No amount of runs or money or awards will ever replace the fear of any Indian performing to his potential... for failure.
> Dhoti shivering is an International phenomenon. It cannot replace nationlism, self-pride, and of course, self-respect.
> Dhoti shivering in our context indicates the perpetual self-critical Indian, who cannot reconcile the "minor" successes of his nation or compatriots to the sheer numbers that exist.
> Dhoti shivering can never be replaced by a positive sentiment unless we learn to respect achievement in any form -- be it from Gawds, sub-Gawds, or other sundry sportsmen, scientists, technologists, farmers or Bollywood-dancers.

We can choose to be run as a country by our burdens from the past, or we could choose to run towards the future we aspire for this country.
Nice dissertation to get a dhoti-shiver fall of(f) game merit.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I shiver in Dhoti because I hate to see India lose in anything, anywhere, any time. Period.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

SwamyG wrote:Somebody must have been holding a gun to Holding's head during the interview.
Well...the entire interview could be bogus. Pakis are not beyond that.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Comment from cricbuzz.
binarydaaku:Are you a MINNOW! Does every one THRASH you! Is your confidence level very low! Even your cat neglects you! - - - WORRY not! Presenting Pomey Brand Loser team! Play with us! We will make you win and make you feel special! ORDER now!
:rotfl:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Did Kris Srikkanth ever play against holdings? any videos?

This is against Oz. nice treat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVO89pl1 ... 61E5E31498
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

AoA !!! white pakis are being cleansed of pakiness by bangla tigers. :rotfl:
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

They can match Ireland. If only they don't make any mistakes, this one is theirs.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

SaiK wrote:Did Kris Srikkanth ever play against holdings? any videos?
WC '83.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

BD flatter to deceive yet again. something is wrong if they cannot hold their nerves and score 60 runs @ 4 rpo with ample wkts left. they are still subject to moments of madness and rash pakcharges.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Chinmayanand wrote:AoA !!! white pakis are being cleansed of pakiness by bangla tigers. :rotfl:
:rotfl: We have a BD supporter here! sorry mullah cheen mein anand, no anand for you tonight. BD is an ordinary team in every form of cricket.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Has anyone seen this vid before? Look at the amount of f$#%^ swing the Paki is getting!!! :eek: :eek:
Paki U-19 swing sensation

( PS: Why is embedding a youtube link in the [youtube] tag not putting up the video in the post? Am seeing a blank screen where the video should be!! :-?)
Last edited by sum on 11 Mar 2011 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Brits are pathetic today, I am sorry.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

another tie for the brits!?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

SaiK wrote:another tie for the brits!?
they'll snatch defeat from the bosom of victory. Finally something worthwhile from BDs. Prove me wrong boys. For the sake of those beautiful women praying in the ground..
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

good luck to BD.
good fightback by the tailenders.
lovely to see very SDRE shafiul islam slap the huge gym rat bresnan for a boundary :rotfl:
Last edited by Singha on 11 Mar 2011 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

white packis can't think straight for edit and mad mullahs
Last edited by archan on 11 Mar 2011 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: why?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

3 off 9 needed
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

well played Shafi!!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Chittagong uprising ;)
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

I am very happy that white paqui spinner Swann got his reputation spoiled in this WC. I saw an interview in which he said he was kept out of the team while his rihtful place was given to some one else. I thought he was atalking about Monty Panesar. In other words 'dirty SDRE stole TFTA's job'. This interview was before their match against India he was raring to go and clean up the Indian batting line up. Now even the BDs have carted him out. I am lovin it.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

The dhoti shivers have more reasons now after this BiDi win! That score of 225 was low against them, and how come whipackies failed awfully?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

SaiK wrote:The dhoti shivers have more reasons now after this BiDi win! That score of 225 was low against them, and how come whipackies failed awfully?

England went up against a determined BD, who had to do something or else face the stone petling crowd.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

swann is self appointed (with media support) best off spinner in the world. how dare you insult this northern mahdi?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

ha ha loving it, britpakis lost to mini-me pakis ! :D