Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 31 Oct 2011

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Mr. Jinnah - a hypocrite?

Post by shiv »

rajna wrote: I could easily vouch that most Indians born after two decades of Independence are quite satisfied with outcome.
How can you vouch "easily" for more than 500 million people?

If what Jinnah did was right and the outcome good for us, we should be thanking him. Not cursing.
member_20501
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_20501 »

shiv wrote:
rajna wrote: I could easily vouch that most Indians born after two decades of Independence are quite satisfied with outcome.

If what Jinnah did was right and the outcome good for us, we should be thanking him. Not cursing.
First of all, I am not the author.

Second, I agree with the author regarding what he says. Jinnah is cursed for the partition and the bloodshed that ensued, the lingering problems of Kashmir etc. But people like Jinnah remained within United India, there would be constant blackmail, military takeover and large scale ethnic cleansing like they are doing currently in Pakistan. Wont you agree?
Shaashtanga
BRFite

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan (TSP): 31 Oct 201

Post by Shaashtanga »

Shiv saar, that's your pov and i don't agree with it... i wasn't able to find the hijab-foreplay forum, can you please point me to it.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Shaashtanga wrote:Shiv saar, that's your pov and i don't agree with it... i wasn't able to find the hijab-foreplay forum, can you please point me to it.
Romance inside the burqa forum
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rajna wrote:
First of all, I am not the author.

Second, I agree with the author regarding what he says. Jinnah is cursed for the partition and the bloodshed that ensued, the lingering problems of Kashmir etc. But people like Jinnah remained within United India, there would be constant blackmail, military takeover and large scale ethnic cleansing like they are doing currently in Pakistan. Wont you agree?
The author (whom you now say is not you) says that partition was a good thing. This has been expressed by so many people that it is old news. I think a lot of people on this forum have graduated from agreeing in retrospect that partition was good to a more informed stance of asking what was good and what was not.

From the point of view of Jinnah and the Islamic mofos who wanted to opt out of India and were sent packing to Pakistan, partition was a good thing. But from several other perspectives partition did not do India a lot of good

1. First on the list I want to mention people who lost family in partition.
2. Next are the people who lost all their property in Pakjab and Sindh
3. Loss of Indian connection to Afghanistan
4. Creation of a sub-human group of Pakistanis who invited in every possible squatter to stop India from having any further influence in a land created by the raped, of the raped, for the raped. The superpowers of the 1900 to 2011 period - Britain and later the USA are still sitting in Pakistan affecting the way India deals with the area.

So the article has some points but is not such a big deal or even a fresh perspective. Most of the stuff is welll known to a large number of well informed people on this forum.

And that bit about "I vouch for the opinions people born 20 years after 1947" is utter rubbish. The statement sounds like it has come straight from Pakistan.
Mahesh_R
BRFite

Post by Mahesh_R »

shiv wrote: Shaashtanga. In fact rage comes across as the statement of a napunsak, and when you go back to normality after that, your rant will be seen as the outer limit of your ability to react and can only be mocked. So when one is impotent, rage is the worst possible reaction.

Have you looked at the thread I started in the hijab-foreplay forum? When you take a population and convince them that they are the worst, the lowest and the least, impotent rage is about as far as they can go and the talk is "revenge revenge revenge" to a degree that is not practicable, and the inability to take that revenge is seen as further proof of napunsakness of th "worst, lowest and least" people of the world. That is where you are headed. No personal insult is intended.
Doc Garu... I had been regular reader of tsp tread for 4 yrs and enjoy reading ur posts....
Can your explanation can't been used by sardarji as well in dealing with tsp?
Pls explain the diff...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Mahesh_R wrote: Can your explanation can't been used by sardarji as well in dealing with tsp?
Pls explain the diff...
If you are looking at what Sikhs did, the comparison with the original (now edited out) statement is as follows.

When Sikhs got angry they dealt with their enemies.

The post I am talking about said:
a. I hate Pakis
b. I hate Indians who are sympathetic to Pakis and are not extending the visa of Hindu refugees from Pakistan
c. I hope to see those Indians dead.

Exactly where is the similarity with Sikhs and Sikhism? Do you believe there is no difference?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

rajna wrote:
Mr. Jinnah bears the responsibility for the seperation of Pakistan from India. Seventy years after the independence
That's a BIG round-off error I must say. :D
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

derkonig wrote: There is nothing offensive in your post, only non-Indics & WKKs will get their panties in a twist over this, sadly BRf has plenty of these species. You are absolutely right that our house needs massive cleansing, but such opinions are not popular even on a supposedly nationalistic BRf. It is worrying how deep people can be in denial about what needs to be done right now.
BRF is not for you. Please find places where you can spread your bigotry without fear. Why stay here where mods are not indic and WKK who keep warning you when you make hate filled posts? I put you out of your misery right here and now. Let us be in our sweet state of "denial" and please educate others who care to listen to your bile. Permanent ban.
Goodbye!
Mahesh_R
BRFite

Post by Mahesh_R »

shiv wrote:
Mahesh_R wrote: Can your explanation can't been used by sardarji as well in dealing with tsp?
Pls explain the diff...
Exactly where is the similarity with Sikhs and Sikhism? Do you believe there is no difference?
Docji Pls refer my post as MMS instead of Sardar
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Mahesh_R wrote:docji Pls refer my post as MMS instead of Sardar
You mean Manmohan Singh might read the post and say the same thing as I did? How does that change the meaning in any way?

I like Angelina Jolie. Hafiz Saeed likes Anegalina Joile.

I admire Tendulkar. Dawood admires Tendulkar.

Why should my feelings about Jolie or Tendulkar change based on the character of someone else?

Why should my opinion change if MMS has the same opinion as mine?
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

shiv wrote:

Even if his assertion is true, this opinion is based on:
a)the mess pak became.
b)the assumption that the areas and people constituting pak would have been a mess of same magnitude, even if India was not partitioned.

I believe the assumption wrong. Who knows what would have become of pakis, if they had remained in kaffir majority India! An eg: Hyd became part of India. If it had become part of pak, then it would have become a great mess.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Bravo archan.

General statement: For those who think BRF is not their piece of cake, they are free to leave and find other suitable forums. What you say matters. There is no room on BRF for spreading hate towards Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Jews or anyone else. Nor for talk of ethnic cleansing and the like. We will try our best to accommodate ALL points of view, provided they are expressed appropriately, from whichever side of the political, social or religious spectrum it emanates and whichever side it represents.

This is a private forum. Everyone is welcome. But there are rules to follow. Please read the forum guidelines to internalise what is appropriate and what is not.
member_20501
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_20501 »

a)the mess pak became.
b)the assumption that the areas and people constituting pak would have been a mess of same magnitude, even if India was not partitioned.

I believe the assumption wrong. Who knows what would have become of pakis, if they had remained in kaffir majority India! An eg: Hyd became part of India. If it had become part of pak, then it would have become a great mess.
But dont you think, if the partition won't have happened, Muslim league would have constantly tormented the nation. We already have communist parties who vouch for China, as if they gave them free vine.

A big difference, a united India would have meant Muslim League would be in India; their backers before Independence were and even now in Pakistan are big landlords. India would not have been able to do social reforms. Macho culture of the Pakistani armed forces would have taken over the country and atleast would have attempted at great cost to the country.

You cite the example of Hyderabad, Hyderabad state (aka AP) has very small Muslim population with the majority concentrated in Hyderabad and Secanderabad. After Indian amalgamation, the rich folks who stoked the fears left India to joined Pakistan. There would be constant issues of Muslims not getting rights and another set of reservation. Already in India, caste determines the education you can get i.e. if you are SC or ST, you just need to pass the exam, whereas if you are from General category, few marks here and there would mean working in a factory or working in office. Now if Muslims were also provided the reservation, the General category would be squeezed and they would have leave India for good.

I am unable even fathom how united India would have evolved with a weak center and powerful provinces, with a majority Punjab (Indian and Pakistan Punjab) looking down on everyone else. Their attitude towards the people was generally displayed how they raped 90,000 women and killed more than 3 million of their countrymen just because they look darker. India would have endured constant pressure of breakdown. Nehurian idea of strong center is essentially needed in a country as diverse as India, where the center can use soft gloves at one time, or hit it on the head, or involve one group against the other rather all of them agitating against the other.

A united India would have out of love for Muslim votes would have turned against the only friend India had during coldwar, ie. Russia. Regardless of what Russia and do we really care, there would have countless Jihadis lurking around. India would have officially received the title of Terrorist country.

I do understand Shiv's concerns, but Shiv is stating as if an article written in retrospect had any effect on the outcome in 1947. Jinnah wanted and got what he wished or bargained for. But looking now, I cannot think of any good that would have happened.

Personally, I would always a smaller state with strong foundation anyday than a weak larger state with a weak center. Integrating 547 princely states and a country as diverse itself is no small matter, if extreme parties like Jamaite Islami which also existed in different names would have wished and turned the country into chaos. Remember, both in Bengal and in Punjab it was the Muslims that started killing others. I can provide historical details from neutral sources on this. Though Hindu extremist party like RSS exist, there are not even in the league of JuD.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

CRamS wrote:
vic wrote:The rate of Eid Mubbaraks have fallen massively in Pakistan in last 2 months. This thread is loosing its happiness quotient for me!
I've been wondering the same too. Can the experts explain this? Is this the competence of TSPA/ISI in achieving a perfect split between "good" and "bad" terrorists, and annhilating the "bad" terrorists, or is there some other dynamic. Its not even a gradual tapering off, its been a step change. Something is remiss.
I can offer one explanation. The PA has been worried about the US threats. For long, it has been able to weather American warnings and get on as though nothing happened. The Americans were also generous forgiving the Pakistani perfidy and even sending more goodies their way. The fact that the PA could protect OBL near Kakul for many years made them feel that the Americans were not good at intelligence. The PA became over-confident, as all Pakistanis tend to become. Since May 2, the PA is shaken and is feeling naked. The Americans, I feel' have conveyed credible threats to the PA very privately. That explains the induction of the PLA into Pakistan as well. At another level, the PA is suing for peace with the 'bad Taliban' as well because the PA feels that the Afghan situation is reaching a denouement and it needs supporters. Imran Khan comes very handy in this respect and he is the bridge between the PA and the henceforth-bad Taliban. The ascendancy of Imran would have immensely pleased the 'bad Taliban' as it did in 2002 when the MMA assumed power in NWFP. MMA ensured that the Taliban entrenched in NWFP, both in FATA and settled areas. The effect would be the same after 2014 (or earlier whenever elections take place) for the 'bad Taliban' over the whole of Pakistan. The backing by the PA to Imran Khan, coupled with PA's extreme animosity with both the PPP & PML-N assures the 'bad Taliban' that Pakistan would most likely fall into their lap sooner than later. The PA is accommodating with the 'bad Taliban' in a roundabout way through Imran Khan without spilling much blood from now on. So, why should they inflict violence when things to their liking are beginning to happen ?

But, this dangerous game may not last long and may unravel sooner than expected. Every 'peace deal' that Musharraf signed with the 'bad Taliban' ended in disaster for the PA soon thereafter. When that happens, my earlier prediction of 'break ke baad' will Insha Allah come true.
Altair
BRF Oldie

Post by Altair »

Altair, I've edited some text there boss. You've not broken forum rules but this is a delicate subject :) - JE Menon.
Why this Kolaveri di?
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Altair on 25 Nov 2011 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

rajna wrote:

a)the mess pak became.

But dont you think, if the partition won't have happened, Muslim league would have constantly tormented the nation. We already have communist parties who vouch for China, as if they gave them free vine.

A big difference, a united India would have meant Muslim League would be in India; their backers before Independence were and even now in Pakistan are big landlords. India would not have been able to do social reforms. Macho culture of the Pakistani armed forces would have taken over the country and atleast would have attempted at great cost to the country.

You cite the example of Hyderabad, Hyderabad state (aka AP) has very small Muslim population with the majority concentrated in Hyderabad and Secanderabad. After Indian amalgamation, the rich folks who stoked the fears left India to joined Pakistan. There would be constant issues of Muslims not getting rights and another set of reservation. Already in India, caste determines the education you can get i.e. if you are SC or ST, you just need to pass the exam, whereas if you are from General category, few marks here and there would mean working in a factory or working in office. Now if Muslims were also provided the reservation, the General category would be squeezed and they would have leave India for good.

I am unable even fathom how united India would have evolved with a weak center and powerful provinces, with a majority Punjab (Indian and Pakistan Punjab) looking down on everyone else. Their attitude towards the people was generally displayed how they raped 90,000 women and killed more than 3 million of their countrymen just because they look darker. India would have endured constant pressure of breakdown. Nehurian idea of strong center is essentially needed in a country as diverse as India, where the center can use soft gloves at one time, or hit it on the head, or involve one group against the other rather all of them agitating against the other.

A united India would have out of love for Muslim votes would have turned against the only friend India had during coldwar, ie. Russia. Regardless of what Russia and do we really care, there would have countless Jihadis lurking around. India would have officially received the title of Terrorist country.

I do understand Shiv's concerns, but Shiv is stating as if an article written in retrospect had any effect on the outcome in 1947. Jinnah wanted and got what he wished or bargained for. But looking now, I cannot think of any good that would have happened.

Personally, I would always a smaller state with strong foundation anyday than a weak larger state with a weak center. Integrating 547 princely states and a country as diverse itself is no small matter, if extreme parties like Jamaite Islami which also existed in different names would have wished and turned the country into chaos. Remember, both in Bengal and in Punjab it was the Muslims that started killing others. I can provide historical details from neutral sources on this. Though Hindu extremist party like RSS exist, there are not even in the league of JuD.
I understand that not all the leaders or supporters of ML migrated to pak. Majority of the present day pakis did not support ML.

One can always manage those entities that are under our power than those that are outside our power and are being used as pawns against us. If quarantining was the idea, it failed because as has been pointed out in above para, leaders and supporters remained in India.

Lastly, would ML in India be worser than pak outside India?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rajna wrote: Shiv is stating as if an article written in retrospect had any effect on the outcome in 1947. Jinnah wanted and got what he wished or bargained for. But looking now, I cannot think of any good that would have happened.
:D I am going to say something, but it can be safely ignored. It is not meant as a taunt or jibe or criticism of anyone. It is merely of of my "piskological" observations. In fact ramana had posted a link to a similar tendency a few days ago. It is somewhere on this forum - I forget the actual technical name of this very human tendency maybe "determinism" or something

You see, when humans look back and think of any event and what they have now, they often "rationalize" the reasons in their mind and then start thinking that the particular outcome was inevitable and that this is the best outcome. Since the question is completely hypothetical, it does not really matter what anyone thinks. But "What if Jinnah had not been born?' or "What if partition had not occurred?" is not a question that can be answered. The next best thing is to say "Whatever occurred, occurred for the best. We got the best out of the bad bargain" That is what it sounds like to me.

One of the problem of talking about the subject of "what would have happened?" is that our minds are primed with all the stuff that actually did happen. I have actually asked on this forum. What if Mohammad the Prophet of Islam had not been born? This is all like that aunt of mine if she had a dick, she could have been my uncle
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

link

In our MFN ie pakistan, rally against MFN to India! how people in the Islamic republic of pakistan get to voice opinions indeed promptly!

pakistanis, citizens of our MFN, burning the Indian flag and rallying:
[img=http://ummat.com.pk/2011/11/25/news.php?p=pic-04.jpg][/img]

courtesy tweet - https://twitter.com/#!/filter_c/status/ ... 3118915584
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

In historical narratives, an event is a cause and result of another event. But, we must remember that, it takes just one seemingly small factor to change the result of an event and that changes the entire course of events. Also, human beings are open to unpredictable emotional variations. So, would pak have been a mess, if it were in India. And ML, would it have been a same potent threat in independent India without their maibaap brits? Cant say. Worst case scenario is a radical paki ideological state within India. Best case scenario is the pakis would have been as much indian jingos as any. The reality, I suspect would have been somewhere in between these two scenarios. India's partition was a worst case scenario for India...
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

TSP-PRC military exercise concludes
Gen Kayani said that Pak-China’s relations were purely strategic and these were not against any other country and these relations would help ensure regional peace and stability. He said that China’s security was dear to Pakistan and such joint exercises would further strengthen the relations between the two countries that were facing the common threat of terrorism.

He said Pakistan considered China important in regional stability and it would continue to cooperate with China in countering the East Turkestan Islamic Movement.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

If its islamic, why would Islamic Republic of Pakistan counter it?

When the pakis talk about peace in some region or country, it augurs badly for that region or country. Earlier it was US, now its china.
Last edited by johneeG on 25 Nov 2011 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
hulaku
BRFite

Post by hulaku »

Pakistanis protest against improving trade with India
Members of banned Islamist groups including Jamaat-ud-Dawa, Jaish-e-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Taiba, and hardline religious party Jamaat-e-Islami gathered in the main square in Muzaffarabad, the capital of Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
http://www.dawn.com/2011/11/25/pakistan ... india.html
hulaku
BRFite

Post by hulaku »

And I also came across an interesting article which reflects the true nature of Pacquis
In the recent intervention on the façade carcass, all the details have been painted a rather sharp tone of blue, while the remaining has been painted a slightly brown shade of white. The words ‘Allah-hu-Akbar’ have replaced the statue of the Lakshmi Goddess, almost as if to mock its original historical and cultural background. The Lakshmi façade makes strong visual references to Hindu mythology by way of its overall detailing. That being said, the presence of the takbeer on an evident Hindu image raises the question as to how distressed and insecure Muslims might have become as a community that they feel the need to impose their belief onto something that belongs to a completely different set of beliefs.
http://www.dawn.com/2011/11/25/2115149.html
parsuram
BRFite

Post by parsuram »

I can only say this about 1947: it was the most traumatic event in my parents generation. Yet they seldom talked about it. My father only expressed himself in any detail once. He had fought WW II, and had no quams about going back into battle. He said that what we needed instead of partition was an open ended civil war, one that would utterly defeat and demoralize the ML and all the muslims to the level from where they would understand that they were living in India due to the magnanimity of peoples of all other faiths in India. He was very sure, at the time the riots and the killings started, that the civil war was coming, in Punjab, at least, he was sure that the Hindus and the Sikhs could wipe out the muslim majority in less than 30 days. But for whatever reason, the kind of war he wanted, never came. I think that the army deployments put stop to any organised large scale efforts by Hindus and Sikhs in Punjab. And once partition happened, he wanted total exchange of population, with all muslims out of India. If things go on as they are, I believe that a civil war is inevitable.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Pratyush wrote:Only in Pakistan

Pakistani woman kills, tries to cook hubby

Makes sense. Paki: The other white meat.
Last edited by anupmisra on 25 Nov 2011 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Shaashtanga
BRFite

Post by Shaashtanga »

shiv wrote:
Shaashtanga wrote:Shiv saar, that's your pov and i don't agree with it... i wasn't able to find the hijab-foreplay forum, can you please point me to it.
Romance inside the burqa forum
Sir, i still couldn't find it, i went through all the threads on aforementioned GDF link. Were you pointing to the "An Indian sense of I & I" thread?
Last edited by Shaashtanga on 26 Nov 2011 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Headly documentary being shown on Times Now as of now...
Keshav
BRFite

Post by Keshav »

anupmisra wrote:
Pratyush wrote:Only in Pakistan

Pakistani woman kills, tries to cook hubby

Makes sense. Paki: The other white meat.
Hahahahahahaha. That was good. I had a nice laugh. Thank you.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

varun
BRFite -Trainee

Post by varun »

rohitvats wrote:Headly documentary being shown on Times Now as of now...
Its available online:

http://video.pbs.org/video/2169905444?u ... mpaign=pbs
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

I was watching Homeland, a new TV series in USA, and in the Season 1, Episode 5 @~26min a CIA analyst, Danny, tells the main character, another CIA analyst, Carrie

Danny: Well listen, I just finished running a background on Faisal. Listen to this. Three trips to Lahore in the last 18 months.
Carrie: To what purpose?
Danny: Unclear. I put in a call to Pakistani Intelligence!
Carrie: I don't trust those fcukers.

-----------

Slowly but surely Pakistan is being painted black in the USA. :)
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Pakistan's former foreign minister to join Imran Khan's team
Shah Mehmood Qureshi resigned from the government earlier this year and has kept the country guessing about which opposition party he would back.
Pundits have described him as a potential "game changer" and his capture makes him the biggest name so far to join Imran Khan, who has spent 15 years trying to elbow his way between the more established parties without success until now.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

8 Pakistani soldiers reportedly killed in NATO helicopter shelling - http://bit.ly/vOklxN
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

This is big news, if correct.
Same as above, NATO helicopters attack Pakistani border checkpost killing 8 soldiers
Nato helicopters have fired on a military checkpost near Pakistan's Afghan border, killing up to eight soldiers, say Pakistani officials.

A military spokesman said the attack had taken place in the Pakistani tribal region of Mohmand, Reuters reports.

Nato said it was aware of "an incident" near the border and that it was investigating.

The Pakistani military said it was an "unprovoked and indiscriminate" attack.

"Casualties have been reported and details are awaited," a military spokesman said.

The alleged attack took place at the Salala checkpost, about 1.5 miles (2.5 km) from the Afghan border, Reuters reports, at around 02:00 local time (21:00 GMT).
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Disappointing statement from S.M.Krishna on 26/11 Anniversary
. . . I once again call on our neighbor to bring the perpetrators of the crime to speedy justice. . . . India is committed to having a peaceful, friendly and cooperative relationship with all its neighbours for progress and prosperity in our region. We call upon all our neighbours to join us in this endeavour of building a better future for our peoples.
Why this vague reference to 'neighbours' on this day ? He must have referred to Pakistan by name and given out a much stronger statement.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

it's the phantom fear of Pakistan. the ever present bogey of "Pakistan's reaction" that the GoI likes to prop up as some giant force....