Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by svinayak »

US Mil Clothes are of special material and are washed in special process in machine. Very scientific

They do not get damaged during wash.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Surya wrote:
Regarding the TAR-21s, MARCOS have only recently started recieving them from IMI (Jan 2011 IIRC). It was mentioned in some news reports posted in SF forum.
come on

The Tavors have been in induction for a few years.
You seriously think the Marcos would only get it now
I am not privy to the Special Forces and can only comment on whats available in public domain. As per media reports, MARCOS started operating TAR-21s from Jan 2011. Also, no pic of MARCOS equipped with TAVORS was available prior to that time period.

Dated: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 18:17
http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/in ... 80109.html
The Indian Navy's elite marine commandos will this month be armed with Israeli assault and rifles that will enhance their operational capability as a force trained for special operations.

A consignment of over 500 TAR-21 Tavor assault rifles and another 30 Galil sniper rifles worth over Rs.15 crore ($3.3 million) and Rs.2 crore respectively was delivered to the MARCOS (marine commandos) in December 2010, a defence ministry official told IANS here.
"The lot of over 500 Tavor and 30 Galil rifles has arrived and the Israeli team will be here to jointly inspect the delivered weapons and for assembling them. The MARCOS will begin using these rifles and start training on them from this month," the official said.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Chacko Sahab,
I have no doubt that the US Camo looks very good and the cloth is very effective. But with such a huge textile industry, I don't see why India cannot manufacture something similar itself. And even if we need to get the same cloth, we should at least use a different camo pattern. I refuse to believe that this particular camo pattern is the "only" effective camo pattern. Even US Army and Marines use different camo pattern and I don't see the forces world over switching over to US uniform.
This makes it look as if MARCOS is affliated to SEALS...almost like hero worshiping. Not worthy of a force whose personnel have always performed remarkbly superior to SEALS at their own training course.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

^^^
Is "Thermal signature" reducing technology also included?
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
How can you do that? To prevent body heat from radiating off, the clothing will need to be a good thermal insulator..and then how will it be comfortable? Also, to be able to effect thermal imagers the cloth has to be so insulating that the person wearing it will probably die of heat and dehydration.
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

Maybe this is only a measure to satisfy Uncle Sam,because if we have bought it and are paying royalties for the patent then we are stupid.
Either its that or we have changed the camo pattern.
VinayG
BRFite

Post by VinayG »

Gaur wrote:^^
How can you do that? To prevent body heat from radiating off, the clothing will need to be a good thermal insulator..and then how will it be comfortable? Also, to be able to effect thermal imagers the cloth has to be so insulating that the person wearing it will probably die of heat and dehydration.
Army Combat Uniform trouser constructed to military specification GL/PD 07-14 with Defender™ M, a flame-resistant, combat fabric used by the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps. Exceeds ASTM D 6413-99 flame resistance standards. This ACU coat self-extinguishes and will not melt or drip. Contains Lenzing FR® which absorbs and evaporates perspiration faster for maximum comfort. Excellent durability and resistance to wear, tear and fading. Includes square marker on the left sleeve to identify a fire-resistant garment in the operational theater.

NOTE TO MILITARY PERSONNEL: THIS GARMENT CONTAINS NIR TECHNOLOGY AND IS APPROVED FOR MILITARY OPERATIONS.

Features:
sewn to military specification FQ/PD 04-05A
65% Lenzing FR Rayon / 25% Para-aramid / 10% Nylon fabric
FR tab on cuff for quick identification
leg cuff with front closure tie
forward-tilted cargo pockets
button-fly with drawstring
near infrared (NIR) compliant
vat-dyed for fade, shrink and wrinkle resistance
http://www.patriotsurplus.com/f52686739 ... elid=FROOG

NEAR INFRARED TECHNOLOGY

Near Infrared (NIR) Signature Management Technology is used by the U.S. Department of Defense to prevent detection by NIR Image Converters. These photocathode devices do not detect temperatures, but rather infrared radiation variances. NIR-compliant uniforms use a special fabric that allows soldiers to appear at the same radiation level as the surrounding terrain, thus making them more difficult to detect. NIR technology also make uniforms less visible in low-light environments by reducing the reflection of light.

http://www.epropper.com/nir.php
VinayG
BRFite

Post by VinayG »

My point in posting the first video, is that the uniforms the soldiers are wearing are being viewed in INFRARED. There is no inherent glow in the material, proving that the technology in the fabric works. Most military bodies have they're camo garments coated in this anti infra red chemical.

It's meant to reduce the amount of infra red radiation and shine on the clothing material, which obviously has its benefit when at night or when someone in a tank or other infra red seeking device is trying to find you.

A demonstration video about the "Ghost" camouflage technology by german company Texplorer

[youtube]nx0ggSL8CkU&feature[/youtube]

Developed in cooperation with the german army , this material reduces the thermal signature of soldiers and vehicles and is additionaly hard to spot on rest-light intensifiers aswell as rest-light multiplicators.

It is also available as sheets to cover thermal hotspots of vehicles like tanks.

In combination with conventional camouflage measures (camo nets) it is possible to successfully conceal vehicles such as tanks, trucks, planes and helicopters on ground or airborne FLIR imagery and other night vision optoelectronic devices.

The material is machine washable.

http://eng.bluechersystems.com/produkte/C10
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaur wrote:Chacko Sahab,
But with such a huge textile industry, I don't see why India cannot manufacture something similar itself. And even if we need to get the same cloth, we should at least use a different camo pattern. I refuse to believe that this particular camo pattern is the "only" effective camo pattern. Even US Army and Marines use different camo pattern and I don't see the forces world over switching over to US uniform.
Ideally it should be researched and produced. But, is not happening. It is unfortunate.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

VinayG,
Thanks for the links. I don't understand how this magic tech works or whether it works as well in real world condition as marketed..but even if the fabric is worth aquiring I hope that IN will at least modify the camo.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaur wrote:VinayG,
Thanks for the links. I don't understand how this magic tech works or whether it works as well in real world condition as marketed..but even if the fabric is worth aquiring I hope that IN will at least modify the camo.
Its no magic. It has some teflon and other such material treatment.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

somewhere there is a pic of naval chief visiting marcos in J&K I think

IIRC they carry Tavor
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

chackojoseph wrote:
Gaur wrote:VinayG,
I was talking about the magic to make the fabric confortable in real world situations. I mean...the body heat has to go somewhere doesn't it? If the fabric is preventing the heat radiated by the body to be released out, the person should get very hot and dehydrated soon.
So, an insulating fabric which is also "confortable"...that is something I am unable to understand.
Anyway, this is beyond the point. Maybe the fabric is all that it is marketed to be..my major problem is with using the camo of another Nation.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Surya wrote:somewhere there is a pic of naval chief visiting marcos in J&K I think

IIRC they carry Tavor
Are you talking about this visit?
http://livefist.blogspot.com/2009/10/ph ... arine.html
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

gaur i think the material dissipates heat rather than prevents it coming out
Mark Walpole
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mark Walpole »

from what I can discern the IR sensors in use do not measure the heat but the IR radiation emitted by a heated source. I guess there is some material in the clothing which is changing the wavelength of the radiation being emitted using either some type of coating or the fabric itself. If what I think is correct then this tech could be very useful for a host of other applications

MS
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaurji,

The material is perfectly breathable. You can search for the mechanism on the net.

Indian Marine Commandos in formation in their canoes
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

canoes???

or dinghy???

gaur

there were more in that series

anyway the public article is moot

Reviewing the Tavor started years before and if someone believes the Marcos were not involved in it - thats fine by me
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

The pic gives a good view of the INS Viraat in Naval Dockyard where it anchors for supplies.

Harbour cruise on Naval Boat Vahini
koti
BRFite

Post by koti »

Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Thanks for sharing. Wonderful pics and I hadn't come across them before.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

Breathtaking pic Gaur! :)
What is in the under fuselage pylon of the MKI? And the aircraft in the background- F16 (aggressor squadron), F-15 Eagle and F-15E Strike Eagle. Correct? :D
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^
Yeah, I too was mersmerised when I saw that pic. :) The MKI is carrying Litening pod and you are correct about the other a/cs.

Some other pics..though unfortunately in low resolution.

Last edited by Gaur on 01 Dec 2011 21:34, edited 1 time in total.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaurji,

Fab!

Here is another set of fab pics of Indian Seaking helio over gate way of India and Commandos slithering.

Naval Commandos over Gateway of India
koti
BRFite

Post by koti »

Who is learning from whom..... :mrgreen:
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

This is truly a majestic beast.....thanks for posting! :D
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

koti wrote:
Who is learning from whom..... :mrgreen:
Kyon ji, cant SDRE teach TFPE baccha for a change? :P
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

Has anyone seen pic of the ex sudarshan shakti. I saw the pictures on http://livefist.blogspot.com/ but some of those pics are from 2008 ex Brazen chariot.
I made a blog post about this. Its really weird , either the media or the mod screwed up.

http://ashsworldonline.blogspot.com/201 ... aroor.html
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Vayusena MiG 29 with a big Red anti-ship missile slung under it
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

Gaur wrote:
chackojoseph wrote:
I was talking about the magic to make the fabric confortable in real world situations. I mean...the body heat has to go somewhere doesn't it? If the fabric is preventing the heat radiated by the body to be released out, the person should get very hot and dehydrated soon.
So, an insulating fabric which is also "confortable"...that is something I am unable to understand.
Anyway, this is beyond the point. Maybe the fabric is all that it is marketed to be..my major problem is with using the camo of another Nation.
"Breathable" fabrics have been around for a long while now. If you do some serious outdoor hiking/trekking or expeditions, you will become familiar with various types of clothing made from cutting edge fabrics. For example, check out How to Dress in Layers article to see the different types of fabric options one has (i.e. fabrics that transport (or "wick") perspiration away from your skin, waterproof/breathable shells, wind resistance fabrics, fabrics with hidden membrane that does not affect breathability, fabrics that trap air but are also made with moisture-wicking fibers to help keep you dry, lightweight/ultra-lightweight fabrics/fillings, etc). It all depends on your budget and what you need for your comfort and performance.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:Vayusena MiG 29 with a big Red anti-ship missile slung under it
Nice pic Vishal,
interstingly that looks like the newer version of the Kh35/AS20 Kayak with folded wings onlee....IIRC I had read in one of the Air Intl. articles on MAKS 2011 that these puppies have something like a 245KM range.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

time for a new thread folks. please start one.