Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Armed Forces

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Armed Forces

Post by Jagan »

How to start posting pictures from your computer onto this thread:

1. Go to http://www.imageshack.us
2. Click the "Browse button"
3. Select your image file from your computer
4. Click "Host it"
5. Wait for uploading to finish and the new page loads.
6. Click in the box with label "Hotlink for forums (1)". Select the text. Copy.
7. Paste it into your post.

This will insert the full image into your post. If you want only the thumbnail , copy the text from the box labeled "Thumbnail for forums (1)"

2. If you already have the image on "yourwebsite.com" then use the following format to post the thumbnail here.

The UBB code will be in the format of [img ]http://www.yourwebsite.com/BigPicture_Thumbnail.jpg[/img]

[NOTE TO ADMINS]: COPY PASTE ABOVE POST WHENEVER A NEW THREAD ON MISC PICTURES IS STARTED

[NOTE TO POSTERS IN THIS THREAD]

- Please keep this thread focussed on Indian and Military related Pictures.

- As mentioned earlier, the thread will be cleaned up from time to time.

- If you STILL want to post a photo and want it to survive in the forum, post it in the relevant thread. For Ex: Cartoon protests? --> in the Islamists thread. Super Duper PSed fighter plane? --> International Aviation, etc.

===================

link to last avatar of this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3797&start=3960
Last edited by Rahul M on 03 Dec 2011 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Ashwini
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by Ashwini »

Nice Su30 photo by Vishal (click for larger version)
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

^ Thanks Ashwini.

Current Top-Shot on A.net, Nau Senā IL-38SD

Gajaraj in the Snow
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

still can't see images from airliners.net on FF, I have to change browser to see it.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:^ Thanks Ashwini.

Current Top-Shot on A.net, Nau Senā IL-38SD

Gajaraj in the Snow
what is it doing in Russia in March, 2011?
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

VinayG
BRFite

Post by VinayG »

T 90 ASSEMBLY LINE

krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Rahul M wrote:still can't see images from airliners.net on FF, I have to change browser to see it.
must be your PC..works fine for me..check whether you have adblock or something or you have disabled images
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Rahul M wrote:still can't see images from airliners.net on FF, I have to change browser to see it.
Krishnan is right. I am also using Firefox 8 with adblock plus but have never have faced any problems with airliners.net.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

of course it is not a problem with FF/airliners.net but I have no idea what it could be. checked adblock, nothing there either.
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

In these pictures of the T-90 assembly line,is this assembly line in India or Russia ?
VinayG
BRFite

Post by VinayG »

assembly line is in India The Heavy Vehicles Factory (HVF), Avadi
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

Posted from facebook: "These are live shells fired by Pakistan army at the Tanot temple which never exploded"

More on the story here:

Tanot Temple

I remember reading somewhere that these shells were actually manufactured in India and the pakis got them after partition. If that is true then the whole incident is quite intriguing. Would love to get some clarification.

Thanks!
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

President Pratibha Patil rides the T-90 tank

Somehow that "chatri" kind of strcuture look a bit funny :wink: ... wish she would have used Arjun...
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

I second your thought. She should hitched her ride on Arjun.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

nits wrote:President Pratibha Patil rides the T-90 tank

Somehow that "chatri" kind of strcuture look a bit funny :wink: ... wish she would have used Arjun...
is this a joke... if she can not ride a tank in a normal sort of way why all these tamasha...of getting into a tank with saree and chair and chatri...? what sort message are we trying to portray here.. Nari Shakti..?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Prithwiraj wrote:
is this a joke... if she can not ride a tank in a normal sort of way why all these tamasha...of getting into a tank with saree and chair and chatri...? what sort message are we trying to portray here.. Nari Shakti..?
I'm still jealous of her.
jaladipc
BRFite

Post by jaladipc »

Prithwiraj wrote:
nits wrote:President Pratibha Patil rides the T-90 tank

Just a another wasting of taxpayers money by her. She always love to do image portraying stuff, but never done anything significant thats commendable in her role as a prez.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Its ok if she goes on these trips. She is the Chief after all.

Its the khandaan that follows that the problem.

Busload of them last time at the Su 30 tamasha
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

I actually think its a good thing. Such jaunts gets her picture on the first page when pictures of the tanks without her end up somewhere in the middle of the newspaper. Gets kids' eyes. Besides shes not demeaning the services or anything.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

the platform and chatri is exactly how rajas and ranis would review their troops from elephant back... very appropriate i think
Leo.Davidson
BRFite

Post by Leo.Davidson »

Lalmohan wrote:the platform and chatri is exactly how rajas and ranis would review their troops from elephant back... very appropriate i think
:rotfl: LIKE :rotfl:
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Nice picture. Which gun is held by the soldier in the extreme left. Is he from the paratrooper regiment? What does 3 stars on the hat signify?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

tavor. looks like it from the maroon beret and insignia. that he is a 3 star general, which in IA means he is a Lt General.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Is that a new camo which the para is wearing ( dark brown with spots)? Looks similar to some Russian SF uniforms i had seen in some older pics!
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

Jet black uniform in that heat!! :shock:
Jaeger
BRFite

Post by Jaeger »

^^IIRC that's a tank-crew uniform.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

sum wrote:^^ Is that a new camo which the para is wearing ( dark brown with spots)? Looks similar to some Russian SF uniforms i had seen in some older pics!
possibly desert camo. I vaguely remember seeing something like this earlier.
Indrajit
BRFite

Post by Indrajit »

That camo is in use for quite sometime now,even in the last "Yudh Abhyas" the Paras were wearing that Jacket.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Last edited by Gaur on 06 Dec 2011 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Gaur wrote: Now that must have been one hard landing. I really don't envy the sniper. :D
Gaur that is a controlled landing. he has knee pads (photo 1) and presumably elbow pads. The right hand is extended to break the fall in photo 2, as the left leg kicks up. In photo 3 the rifle is pointed up and head up as he "falls serially" like an expert - with the impact falling serially on arms, later the trunk and finally the legs. When I used to play football as a young man I was taught how to fall - but of to the side so that my weight came down serially on different parts of my body and I could be up again in a minute.

That man appears about 4X times as athletic as I was at my fittest, and will be ready to squeeze off a round in 4 seconds
Last edited by shiv on 06 Dec 2011 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
adityadange
BRFite

Post by adityadange »

^^^ great pics!
notice the bottom of his shoes in the last pic. that too matches the theme. the designers have really gone into deep details. no more usual black bottom.
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

shiv wrote:
Gaur wrote: Now that must have been one hard landing. I really don't envy the sniper. :D
Gaur that is a controlled landing. he has knee pads (photo 1) and presumably elbow pads. The right hand is extended to break the fall in photo 2, as the left leg kicks up. In photo 3 the rifle is pointed up and head up as he "falls serially" like an expert
sir , if it was only second photo i cant even understand he is man or not... , great camo and great athletic jump....
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Shiv Saar,
You misunderstood me. I was not implying that the soldier was doing it wrong...how can I when I don't even how it is done right? It just looked beyond me...I am neither athletic enough to do this nor am I strong enough to absorb the resultant impact, sand and pads notwithstanding. Hence my silly comment that I would rather not be in his place.
I loved the soldier's athletism when I saw this pic which is why I posted it in the first place. :D

BTW..deleted my original comment in case it was inadvertently looking like sarcasm. :)
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Hmm just noticed something. There is another sniper on the ground to the right side of the pic in picture 2. In picture 3 the end of a rifle is just visible on the left. Pic 2 and 3 may be different men diving into position.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

shiv wrote:Hmm just noticed something. There is another sniper on the ground to the right side of the pic in picture 2. In picture 3 the end of a rifle is just visible on the left. Pic 2 and 3 may be different men diving into position.
Amazing... :eek: :eek:

Never noticed the other guy!!
chandanus
BRFite -Trainee

Post by chandanus »

sum wrote:
shiv wrote:Hmm just noticed something. There is another sniper on the ground to the right side of the pic in picture 2. In picture 3 the end of a rifle is just visible on the left. Pic 2 and 3 may be different men diving into position.
Amazing... :eek: :eek:

Never noticed the other guy!!

In the first pic , top right corner ..seems another sniper is charging forward who is not in focus and seems blurred ...my personal opinion though :?: :?:
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

^^^ great pics of Snipers, amazing camo, excellent photography... By far the best set of pictures from any IA exercise, only in Sudarshan Shakti 2011. Kudos to IA and XXI Corps!!!