SMH: Why India is not a superpower
<snip>Amrit Dhillon is a freelance journalist based in New Delhi.
London school of economics is to uk what shanghai stats is to china.
1) India was made poor by briturds- large scale loot never seen in the history of mankind wrt any country.
2) Literacy- briturds uprooted the traditonal system of schooling in India as it survived on individula donatiosn along with large grants from many rulers. This was destroyed by briturds.
3) Due to Indians becoming poorer and poorer, with briturd made famines killing millions- everything took a beating.
4) concerted efforts at breaking India into pieces since independence
5) concerted efforts to denigrate Indian culture through various means and in fora esp in western circles.
Positives since independence-
1) No vengeance from indians towrds briturds for the poverty caused to India.
2) Phenomenal success in improving the living conditions compared to other countries in terms of populations lifted from illiteracy and other indicators.
3) there are both govt and individual Indians based intiatives in uplifting other Indians.
and many more.
ex- western media always unfailingly quote the number 400 million poor, illiterates etc.
they say absolute numbers have increased since independence. They browbeat us and make us feel small-- saying India should spend on poverty alleviation, stop nuclear programs, stop space programs etc etc . They always quote some things which look huge like 400 million. They quote 65-75% literacy but 400 million and absolute numbers. Very ingenious way of putting India down.If the above can be said as 650 million made literate and illiteracy reduced from 88% to 25% it looks good to India. western sources never do it.
ex- literacy in India at 1947- 12% of 350 million== 42 million.
literacy now- 74% of 1.2 billion == 700 million. whopping increase of 650 million in 60 years. (Entire western population more or less)
Illiteracy at 1947==100-12%==88%==302 million.
Illitercay now==100-74%==26%==400 million.
Only increase of ~100 million in 60 years.
Is 650 million smaller than 100 million.
Middle class were virtually non existent in India at independence-
Now it is hugely visible contributing may be a quarter of population== 300 million-- definitely not a small number. from zero to 300 million in this time span. Incredible.
why no DDM journalists highlights these aspects.
These are the above reason why India will be a superpower eventually. It is all visible to everyone who cares to see them.