Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
jai
BRFite

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

Post by jai »

The Power of Arjun
[/quote]

Only Concern is that recently the Bhopal based Corps Commander conducting Op. Sudarshan Shakti said that they are really waiting for Arjun Mk2 which implies that Arjun MK1 is really not upto expectations :(([/quote]

Or because it's even better than Mk1 ! Seems to me he's looking forward to their coming - we normally only wait for something good which is about to get better ...like our super sukhois !
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

to the DBG Arjun commander I present a tribute..it is a poem I believe nelson mandela used to read in the long 26 years they locked him up and threw the keys away...

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Last edited by Singha on 18 Dec 2011 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Where are the Chinese J10/11s ?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Mundaji,
Wrong thread for that discussion. Please to report to military miscellaneous thread to discuss that.
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Vivekji-awaiting the next dose
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

must be busy in his book release. By the way where is Shakar sir.
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Vivekji... hope you are fine.. we look forward for next instalments.
:(( :-?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Vivek sir,
Any update on the books release date, sir??? Looking forward to own a cop,y in paperback, hopefully.
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Hopr vivek bhai has not gone on another hibernation. Our day is incomplete without his master peice
Ganesh_S
BRFite

Post by Ganesh_S »

Battle of Kursk and a whole series of generals at war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SlcOzG-xZg
bharatreddyp
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bharatreddyp »

Ahuja saab , eagerly waiting for ur next post.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Gentlemen,

I just logged in today to give you all a heads up. I have been finishing the book for publication and the paperback version will be out for pre-ordering by the first week of January, 2012. I will post the publisher's link here as soon as I have seen the first printed paperback version myself.

You all will enjoy it. This one is a completely new scenario from scratch and is about 850 pages in Novel format. I will be posting the front cover later today after the publisher has made the final changes to it. Basically, I have been working on this scenario outside of what I had been posting here on BR, so its a new storyline and filled with new material, beginning to end.

Thanks for the patience.

-Vivek
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

great news.Will order my copy immed.
trushant
BRFite -Trainee

Post by trushant »

"This one is a completely new scenario from scratch and is about 850 pages in Novel format."
I have a poodle of saliva already .... saar whats the lead time between pre- ordering and delivery ???
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Awaiting the link for placing my order. One doubt though, do they ship to India???
naird
BRFite

Post by naird »

Vivek - do post the link, hope they ship to US
samverma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by samverma »

Yipeeeee!!! Great going vivek sir and many congrats on the publishing...can't wait to get my hands on your book. Do let us know when and where we can buy your book...
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Vivekji. What about we people at India? Better your publisher deliver it in India - OR ELSE ------
bmallick
BRFite

Post by bmallick »

Vivek sir, Congratulations. Eagerly waiting for the link. Would the publisher ship it in India or is it restricted to US initially?
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Great news and congrats vivek. Shall be ordering one for myself. Does this mean that it is curtains for the current scenario.
hpatel
BRFite -Trainee

Post by hpatel »

Great news Vivek, waiting for URL so can order book
:-)
mikehurst
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mikehurst »

I personally hate it, when this thread comes up on the latest discussions corner of the homepage and turns out it is just one more of us, bemoaning the absence of Mr Vivek so first, sorry for the false alarm.

Now those who need their fix and are unable to rely on the life sustaining but un-reliable supply of military fiction should try out the series by James Rouch "the Zone". If possible, i would request other readers and fellow addicts to post the best books that they think will allow us to begin a viable detox regime.... :P

- Mike.
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Vivekbhai, awaiting your next doee.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

what happend to his book? no news at all.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Update from Vivek re the book rec'd yesterday:
Its in the final stages of submission. Had a ton or revisions from the publishers, so it took longer. I will be posting on the scenario there in the next couple of days right after the book goes into publishing.
Ghatotkacha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ghatotkacha »

This thread seem to be dead.
Meanwhile, real authors are MIA. I am going to write "fillers", to make it live and try to inspire others to write scenario.

I will try to continue what I had written long back.
At that time, I had written things as freely flowing thoughts. Now, I will try to put some structure.

Warning: BRF oldie and other uptight people, please don't read any further. :)

To start. I am going to re-post some of my earlier scenario after a small re-edit. More newer post to come.

---------
Context:
I started writing these filler in between one of shankar's scenario. Where a Chinese Admiral was going to be executed for losing some of his ships to Indian Navy.

-------------
Filler till Shankar/Vivek comes back. Don't jump on me.

My fallow up scenario:

The Chinese admiral was ordered to return to Beijing for his execution.
As he was about to be shot by an execution detail of crisply dressed chinese soldiers, suddenly, in sky above virtually unchallenged Indian T-50 stealth fighter/bomber were making bomb run on Beijing city. Fallowing them were mix squadrons of Su-30 and Tejas, Tejas was mainly doing mopping up operation. In other words Tejas Fighters were mainly doing target practice or user trial for HAL. Behind them were garud commando units with LAV being dropped.
Chinese fighters were doing exactly two things: either dropping out of sky or running away to friendly air space - as if there was any left.

India had one advantage to its sleeve. Chinese leadership has never thought in their wildest dream that India will launch such premptive strike deep inside their territory and block supply to its frontline forces. Their arrgoance was bliss for India. It was a big gamble taken my Indian air-chief. When it come to fighting a force 3-4 times of your size, then you realy on out-of-box thinking as such.

Indian psychological warfare units armed EW gadgets were doing an excellent job . They were dropping leaflet written in Chinese, and hacking into all major Chinese TV network and broadcasting messages which would turn people's opinion in favor of Indian forces. People starts to see Indian forces as liberator from decade old oppressive communist regime.

The Chinese execution detail suddenly became part of a resistance force. In all the confusion Admiral got a life and became POW of Indian forces. Later, he will proved to be vital sources intel for different hidden defensive locations.

Later that day, world would realize that the Indian Stealth fighter squadron had created a hole into enemy lines and that cleared way for deployment of new generation of blitzkrieg or shock-awe tactics by Indian Air chief. Hence by-passing formidable Chinese air/ground defenses and shortening the war. There was no time for front-line Chinese forces to fall back to center of country. And, no center leadership left to run the war.

Unofficially USA and other super power were impressed, but officially they were requesting Indian govt. to slowdown and resolve issues by mutual talks.

Garuds/Marcos/SF being airdropped to arrest top Chinese leadership/generals and making way to sign instrument of surrender. Which includes
Ending occupation of Tibet at once. (SFF sleeper forces already activated inside Tibet)
Return Indian land which was illegally annexed during 1962.
Complete and total demilitarization of Indo-china border.
China being protectorate of India, i.e. harboring Indian bases in China (Just like Japan is under US military).
Initiate process of bringing democracy into China.
Taiwan re-enter into UN.
Ghatotkacha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ghatotkacha »

Fallow up part 2
-------------
Seeing tremendous success of Indian armed forces all the politicians in New Delhi were awe struck. People of India started to understand the fact that it is always the politicians who bring our country down, none else. Except current time only once in past Indian armed forces given full liberty to act, that was year of 1971, we all know what happened next: India added a new seat in UN general assembly permanently – not many countries in world were able to do that in past.

Air chief was promoted to rank of Marshals of Air force and president wanted to pin an Ashok Chakra on his shoulder but AF chief was too busy in his war games to pay visit to Rashtrapati bahwan. Most of the fighter pilots who were in first wave of assult were awarded gallantry awards to pushing the boundary of man and machine to unimaginable limits. The Chinese people were given full access to Google’s contents, including fact sheet of numerous autocracy committed by corrupt communist regime. Chinese citizen start to realize the air of freedom indeed smells good, now they got addicted to freedom so much they will never able to go back communist way. Russia and USA was asked (contracted) to take care of China’s democracy thing and make sure this to happen to conclusion, because India didn’t have much expertise in installing democracy into any country, but US has really good track record in oil rich countries.

For politicians, it didn’t take lot of thinking to figure out, what was current public opinion. Though there were as usual few anti-war protests at Jantar-Mantar and many counter anti-war protests by over excited citizens. In short Delhi anti-riot police was having a field day. As we all know there is special breed of hypocritical TV reporters who always try to bring fame to them by instead of reporting the news but by doing debate their own thoughts or being anti-war. This time their stupidity reached a height, they didn’t realize which direction the wind was blowing and they end up walking against the wind. In conclusion, few such reporters got beaten up by public while buying groceries and at other such public places.

Indian PM was very happy person because in Chinese campaign very less lives were lost on either side. He woke up next day with a cunning idea in his mind. He suddenly reached the red phone and called his Pakistani counter-part. And requested/recommended Pakistani PM to re-read old list of 20+ terrorists India provided to govt. of Pakistan and asked to hand those people to India. Indian PM didn’t want this situation to escalate and become any international issue. So Indian PM gave Pakistani PM a very short deadline of 10 hours to comply with his “request”. He also mentioned to Pakistani PM he really don’t want to remain awake all night to fight a war with failed Pakistan nation. Pakistani PM thought Indian PM was kidding or high on something. Little did he know Indian PM really really hated if someone disturb his sleep cycle. So, Pakistani PM was about to learn Indian PM sleeping habit in a hard way.

Meanwhile, DRDO scientists gave full assurance about PAD/AAD anti-missile system being fully operational and gave a go head to go war with Pakistan anytime – India immune to any Pakistani missiles. There is interesting story related to development PAD/AAD system. Some DRDO scientist attached to project were always slacking at their jobs, just like most govt. employees do in India, they knew fact that the govt. employees never get fired irrespective their performance, so why work harder. It all changed when an Army general, Director of anti-missile program announced, that during forthcoming tests those scientist’s home will be intended target of attacking missile which intercepting missile meant to destroy. So, in end if interception is successful the scientist wouldn’t lose their homes, otherwise if test result won’t be satisfactory, scientist will lose their beautiful home. Luckily, no home was lost all missile was intercepted successfully. It turns out, everyone needed little encouragement. The army general was kind of guy who religiously believed in phrase “When a** is on fire, efficiency is higher”.

Pakistani leadership was hugely divided after learning about India ultimatum. They were not reaching a final decision. But, they all have in mind whatever happened in China. Some believed that allah (god almighty) is on their side, so Indian forces will be defeated in Pakistan. And some with rational brain knew it will be far worse in Pakistan than what happened in China.
On other side, Indian navy wanted to play too, they were complaining to PM that Indian navy wasn’t given enough opportunity to test its war doctrine and all those fancy hardware it has brought are still lying in Indian sea, never made to China sea or near.
With Pakistan it wasn’t so easy to swing public opinion on India’s favor as it was with China. Although, Psychological warfare unit started their work already, blocked all substandard Pakistani TV and started airing, high definition Indian shows and movies. Frequently, they play message of friendship etc and show how India cities have developed and how Pakistani cities are still in shamble.

Since Pakistani leadership was not making any progress which would be in favor of Indian, instead they started deploying their forces to counter Indian threat. Finally Indian PM told Navy chief to do something which would impress upon Pakistani leadership the seriousness of Indian ultimatum. Navy chief ordered his Akula to go on covert target practice mission just out of Karachi harbor and other Kilo class submarine to play supporting role. Vikrant and IAC started their flying sortie in Arabian Sea. The Indian destroyer/frigates/carriers were held at sea indo-pak border.

PM also wondered wish he could somehow stop flow of Indian rivers to Pakistan, he silently cursed his predecessor for a while then got back to work. He once again called Pakistani PM and told him again, he really don’t want to be awake all night. Indian PM has long-day next day in Lok-Sabha answering opposition questions or enjoying dramatic walk or listening to some of the illiterate MPs.

Indian PM didn’t have any remote intention to install just anything in Pakistan, for him Pakistan has virus of religious extremism. So he wanted to get the job done quickly and get out of. Also, wanted to make sure he to disarm Pakistani war machine that it never has capacity to think of fighting against India.

The clerk at PMO was very happy he can re-use (CRTL-C/V) 1971 surrender document and change few names to work at this time again. He silently thanked govt. of Pakistan. He won't have to work hard to draft a brand new surrender document this time.

Meanwhile on eastern front Tripura Police and BSF was asked to handle Bangladeshi armed forces single handedly, if BD forces refused to hand over ULFA terrorists or refuse to shut down terrorist camps. BD complied, with only one complain done in secret "India should have at least sent regular army battalion to threaten BD, it was embarrassment for BD forces that civil police force being used to threaten them" this communication was leaked to media by a communication officer who told to his friends while laughing his a** off.

Fallow up Part 4 (The General who loved his mother)
---------------------------
Few Indian generals complained to their aids about PM swearing on their mothers. Indian Generals thought, if by any chance, Pakistani really able to successfully nuke India, they have to make sure PM pledge is fallowed literally to his words. Indian atomic energy commission and other such bodies which would crucial in getting the job done were asked to step up their preparations.

Defeating China was great moral booster for Indians and cause of great deal of decrease in moral for other adversaries of India. It’s like if you take on head of a gang, instantly you earn respect and fear of rest of gang members.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Arabian Sea Indian Stealth warship was requesting permission to fire its anti-ship Brahmos missile on a lurking Pakistani Navy ship nearby. Though most of Pakistani Navy Ship had been scared off far away battle zone by mere talking over radios, by showing them light of reason, fighting with Indian navy was suicidal at this time and India in heart is going to do a favor to Pakistan. Intelligent Pak navy captains understood logic of the reasons, steamed their ship somewhere far in pacific sea and promised to return only after war is over.

But, this particular ship’s crew has something else in their mind, looks like its crew really believed on 72 virgin things. It was quite clear that they were not able to get a single girl of their choice in their life, they were so big-time looser that they neither stood a chance in future as well. So, they were probably thinking on having their chances after death. Indian navy tried hard to convince them that such losers won’t get any girl in heaven/hell either. Even in heaven they will be rejected.

An offer of some Mi-26 full of AXE body spray and other such products to help was also turned down (because turns out they tried AXE products and it didn’t work for them in past) – Indian navy had to do everything to not to fire first before the deadline expires.

Captain of Indian Stealth Warship: Sir, we have a situation here, looks like some of Pak boats have been rigged as suicidal boat. And, they are ready to ram into our Ships whenever opportunity present itself. Permission to take them out before the deadline expires.

Navy Chief: Captain, isn't we already proved in 1971 all Pak boats which dares to fight Indian Navy, whether they are rigged or not, is on a Suicide Mission. Isn’t?

Captain of Indian Stealth Warship: Understood Sir! (With huge smile on his face) - break – standing by for further instructions.

2 hours to deadline expire: Indian PM called Pakistani PM and told him, “In two hours there will be my sleep time and I didn’t hear anything positive from you yet. I am going to ask my Navy chief to take measures necessary that I never had to remain awake ever again for reasons like this, never (raised voice) . He is saying that Indian Navy would like to bismillah (start) with your Agostas which our Akula/Kilo already have on their cross hairs as we speak. You will be responsible for death of your citizen and armed personals.”
Ghatotkacha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ghatotkacha »

Vivek -
Did you already published your book?
I couldn't find it on amazon when I searched with your name as author name.
manish.rastogi
BRFite

Post by manish.rastogi »

Ghatotkacha bhai I was waiting for this since long,please continue!! :D
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

folks, it's being processed by the publisher. patience please.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

But what about desi audicts. Whether we in India can purchase it in near future or we need for a fresh eidtion? :((
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Rahul M wrote:folks, it's being processed by the publisher. patience please.
Is Lancer involved?
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Understand the books are with publishers. How about the current ongoing scenario (vivekji's), will we see some movement on this as well.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

sanku ji, no.

ajit, he has a fairly active research career as well. anyway, join BR facebook and see for yourself.
aditp
BRFite

Post by aditp »

Rahul M wrote:sanku ji, no.

ajit, he has a fairly active research career as well. anyway, join BR facebook and see for yourself.
Located the BR facebook page, but how to join? No such icon seen.
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

have sent a join request
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

X-Posting Altair's post from 'Managing Pakistan's failure' Thread
RajeshA wrote:Altair ji,

Indian Army posted in Baluchistan is part of two-front war doctrine! :) How is the Pakistani Army going to save themselves if the Indian Army moves from both East and West and bifurcates Pakistan in two, taking away Southern Sindh!

No Pakistani Army can attack India after that, if Indian soldiers are stationed both in Pakistan's East and West! The Pakistani Army would have to radically change its whole military policy towards India. No better way to keep Pakistan on good behavior.

Before 1971, Pakistan posed a danger to India from both East and West Pakistan. In 2021 India could pose danger to Pakistan from both East (mainland India) and West (Baluchistan) India.
I agree but I am not a military guy. I have no idea why IA does not share the same idea. Perhaps we need to discuss this topic with military guy rather than discussing among us civilians. we are obviously missing something very very basic.

--------

Perhaps some military guru could post some opinion on this in the 'Managing Pakistan's failure' Thread

Thanks
sarabpal.s
BRFite

Post by sarabpal.s »

Ajit.C wrote:have sent a join request
help me too ajit.C. I did send some request as ask sticky but still not get word...
Please guide me too
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Dear Sarabpal,

i just sent a request to the group Bharat Rakshak Forum (BRF). And was added. Guess you should do the same instead of sending stickys.

Regds/Ajit
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Gentlemen,

I have updated my blog to contain the entire scenario up to the last post in a continious format. The need for this became evident when I tried to refresh myself on where I had last left off before going to the book-writing effort. The link for the blog is here:

http://mach-five.blogspot.com/

And the format for the scenario pages is as shown here. It is organized by the timeline of the scenario.

I had hoped to restore writing new stuff today now that most of the book work is done, but instead it took me the whole day to organize the scenario thus far! :shock:

In any case, I will post new posts on the scenario on the blog and will then link/copy it here so that we have a proper storage of the material and easy comment/reader interface here (pending BR Admin approval, of course).

-Vivek