my 1st moves as a commander would be:
1. impose a TV news blackout on the topic - chase away and lock up the TV news vans and keep all their editors and owners in a govt guest house as a guarantee of good behaviour for the duration. verbal assurances cannot be trusted, these people need to be in a guest house.
2. bring in some combat bulldozers or tanks from the cantonment and using the dozers and demolitions teams , break open the consulate walls at multiple places along perimeter before backing away...this will permit both a certain number of trapped people to escape and increase the headache of the terrorists in having to seal off multiple entry points...splitting them into 2s and 3s.
3. launch intensive surveillance from UAVs and neighouring buildings of the place to gauge force strength and placement. if Khan really has things that can see through walls from a UAV, it would be time to get that Global hawk to orbit over delhi. bring in NTRO vans to sniff for any cellphone or satellite calls. if its deemed necessary activite a army mobile jamming unit to block satphones and deactivate all cellphone towers in range to cut them off.
4. evacuate all other consulates and shut down electric grid and generators to leave only the attacked consulates as islands of light until their backup
5. if any jihadis are spotted on rooftops doing the observer thing, take them out using denel NTW rifles. make the roofs a no-go area.
6. prepare for a helicopter borne attack as the main prong, while diversionary attacks behind IFVs and MPVs on each breach in the wall keep a number of attackers engaged. get the detailed maps of consulates asap from concerned govts. reject their offers of help and sending CT teams.
7. launch the attack without delay in negotiations, first a couple of WSI Dhruvs would nose in and clear the roof, if the snipers missed anything, next 1 Mi17V each would come to the roof and deploy 2 ropes each, permitting 1 platoon of NSG to be deposited on the roof in a few mins. in parallel diversionary attacks and snipers would make a strong push to threaten a breakin if the attackers focus on the roof. this is a very dicey step as a single RPG could crash the Mi17....sniper teams would need to be very carefully sited and their would inevitable be blind spots not viewable from outside, like behind interior walls and interior gardens .... for this I propose that the Dhruvs or fast passing Mi17v drop a massive cluster of smoke+mace bombs onto the grounds to blind and slow down anyone lurking in the woodwork.
8. work from the roof down, using explosives to blast open any doors and sending back rescued hostages to the roof. at some point the terrorists defending the breaches will be taken out from the rear or they will have turn 180' and let ingress teams slip into the gardens
9. screw the human (terrorist only) rights lobby and presenting 'proof' of paki involvement, kill every terrorist you come across. or beat the living crap out of them on the spot to make them reveal any booby traps.
even if the Mi17v dont get hit and full rescue platoons make it the roofs with all intact, my prediction is quite a bloody operation on the part of hostages and rescue team in the best case.
** I was thinking of using the wooden gliders that landed on the roof of eben emael but such is not possible because
1. we dont have such troop carrying gliders
2. need meticulous practice
3. there is no convenient flat huge roof to land on
it would permit a more stealthy approach than the noisy Mi17V that has to hover for a few mins to unload the platoon
** HALO jump from IL76 I dont think we can have 40 people neatly land on the roof at almost the same time without chutes getting tangled up and people getting killed..I dont think even 5 people could manage that esp at night.
** there aint no sewers to use and any would be blocked by consulates for security
what we likely need is a few special Mi17V with a "boat shaped attachment" below the hull that guards the lower half of fuselage from HMG/RPG blasts from below and the side. the boat would have 2 holes for the people roping down to slip through. even if not usually attached the Mi17 used by NSG have to get the brackets and bolts in place to attach on short notice. would detonate the RPG at some distance below the heli...using concept of spaced armour