Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Armed Forces

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Nick_S
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by Nick_S »

Those look like $5000 lenses.... :shock:

Too bad there is no envy emoticon. Its about the right time to use it. :)
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Vishal, one thing I always wanted to know. Just how do you get permission to photograph these flying thingys? I mean official permission in that you are not sneakily taking photos from public roads but taking it from the tarmac/apron/runway side, etc.
chiru
BRFite

Post by chiru »

just stumbled upon this photo

tha caption is really interesting -

Douglas DC-3 N347DK at Weston, Ireland

Formerly G-AMSV and recently arrived to take up residence at Weston. However in June 2011 it was sold to the Indian Air Force Historic Flight and flown to Kemble for restoration.
bapatnikhil
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bapatnikhil »

shiv wrote:
merlin wrote: So what is an unauthorized use? I have seen many black Amby's and other cars having the star plate covered with a black rexine based cover.
I think the stars are covered up when someone other than the person for whom the stars are intended is using the car. The vehicle is probably reserved for the starred officer's official and limited personal use. The stars are for official use. The man may attend a function in an unofficial capacity or have the car pick someone up. The stars are covered for that (I guess)
Yes. The officers can use the cars for private use also. So they have to cover the stars and the red beacon at that time. They are uncovered only when the officer himself is in the car.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Vivek mian, In case of conventional hostilities breaking out between India and pak or china, there would be an step wise escalation of the situation, which would reflect in the number of security rings thrown around the base. Also we need to consider the fact that the civil aircrafts also operate from the same base, so the real deal should be hidden in so that every tom, dick and harry doesn't see what the real measures are. What you have seen may just be what you need to see not what is actually there..
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Indian Naval Discussion thread.

Two photos out of many taken by Clinton Wyness on Indian navy ships participating in the currently ongoing Trilateral IBSAMAR III naval exercise in South Africa.

INS Delhi Oct 21, 2012:

INS Delhi

INS Deepak Oct 21, 2012:

INS Deepak
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

New kit for the BSF as evident at least to me from a picture captioned “ An Indian Border Security Force (BSF) soldier holds an Israeli manufactured X-95 Assault Rifle during a patrol at Border Pillar No 1175, the last international border pillar along the horizontal segment in the Rann of Kutch region”:

What is the tracked vehicle in the picture :?: Something supplied by Sweden's Hagglunds ?

Picture
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

looks like the Bandvagn 206 and the Sisu Nasu, but I think it's latter one as Sasu Nasu's wiki page shows India as a user.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

arun wrote:New kit for the BSF as evident at least to me from a picture captioned “ An Indian Border Security Force (BSF) soldier holds an Israeli manufactured X-95 Assault Rifle during a patrol at Border Pillar No 1175, the last international border pillar along the horizontal segment in the Rann of Kutch region”:

What is the tracked vehicle in the picture :?: Something supplied by Sweden's Hagglunds ?

Picture
Oh my what the flurk is that vehicle? :shock:
nakul
BRFite

Post by nakul »

That is eerily similar to the Saab Arthur Artillery Hunting Radar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgRiyDauBGs
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Oh my what the flurk is that vehicle?
useful for icy, marshy,sandy areas
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

Indonesian Red Cross seems to use exactly the same version though the trailer part can be modular I guess

Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

shiv wrote:
arun wrote:New kit for the BSF as evident at least to me from a picture captioned “ An Indian Border Security Force (BSF) soldier holds an Israeli manufactured X-95 Assault Rifle during a patrol at Border Pillar No 1175, the last international border pillar along the horizontal segment in the Rann of Kutch region”:

Picture
DT-3P
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

It's not the DT-3P. That much bigger, it's the Sisu Nasu
anand_sankar
BRFite

Post by anand_sankar »

Hahaha... you should see how regular tyred vehicles get stuck in the White Rann. It especially gets worse as the tide is coming in and can be very deceptive. The water first soaks underneath before you see it on the surface. Tourists go there to see the tide coming in and park on the salt. On the way back when they put the vehicle in 1st gear, whoops they sink the minute the tyre turns!
sarabpal.s
BRFite

Post by sarabpal.s »

Picture
On the other hand what is the use of such gun in desert where thing can be ugly from far not from close they should adopt 7.62 assault rifle like our Old work horse SLR.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Right place to post these and more?

Apache

C130J

C17 Cockpit
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

hi-res pics of the KUB operating off the Vik

http://www.aame.in/2012/10/indian-aircr ... r-ins.html
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

cool stuff..... mig29 on vik

when deployed with Indian Navy it will be a potent platform & game changer ..........

just look how professional & cool the platform looks with weapons load..
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Hiten wrote:hi-res pics of the KUB operating off the Vik
http://www.aame.in/2012/10/indian-aircr ... r-ins.html
Nice Pics Hiten, thanks.. would have loved to see IN Mig-29Ks on the Vik... now we have to wait for one more year for the that sight.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

NSG Snipers @ Ramlila Maidan:
vdutta
BRFite

Post by vdutta »

^^ Arent they a bit too far to take an accurate shot?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

vdutta wrote:^^ Arent they a bit too far to take an accurate shot?
Shouldn't judge from a wide angle lens photo
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

shiv wrote:

Picture
Oh my what is "flurk" ? Never heard of it. A new super doopper PAF/PLAF/PLAAF/PLAAAAAAAF aircraft ?

Kersi

P.S. I have heard (and used!!!) similar sounding words. Any relations ???
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Kersi D wrote: P.S. I have heard (and used!!!) similar sounding words. Any relations ???
Sir are you referring to carnal relations? Please note that you are talking about someone being "on top" but better to stay on top-ic. :lol:
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photo:
JAS 39 Gripen: Fredrik Müchler's reverse rwy/tail-wind rotation ⇒ http://www.airliners.net/photo/2184928/L/
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

AdityaM wrote:Right place to post these and more?
AM,

Any idea when the C-130J and the C-17 were built?

The IAF versions should be far more advanced - specially the C-17 cockpit.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

Service photographs of Pilot Officer Anand Singh Giri
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Galle ... 0s/ASGiri/

China repatriating Indian POWs
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Galle ... 1962/POWs/

If I'm not mistaken Jagan Sir is in-charge of the IAF section at BR. Great job.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

^^ I hate to say this but flight deck on this ship is just too narrow. In a bad weather it will be a nightmare to land planes on this small deck.

Harrier jump-jets are more suitable for this platform then Migs.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Sid wrote:^^ I hate to say this but flight deck on this ship is just too narrow. In a bad weather it will be a nightmare to land planes on this small deck.
Why do you hate to say this? Your warning to the Indian Navy will be well taken I am sure. I bet they didn't have a clue. I am sure they can now start looking for a wider deck which will be safe in bad weather just like all land based airfields are safe in bad weather.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

^^^ Shiv Garu I have a post addressed to you in Missile Tech thread please take a look.
member_23370
BRFite

Post by member_23370 »

The width of the flight deck is why Mig-29K and N-LCA are ideal for this ship and not Su-33. The harrier is a relic and belongs in a museum.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

shiv wrote:
Sid wrote:^^ I hate to say this but flight deck on this ship is just too narrow. In a bad weather it will be a nightmare to land planes on this small deck.
Why do you hate to say this? Your warning to the Indian Navy will be well taken I am sure. I bet they didn't have a clue. I am sure they can now start looking for a wider deck which will be safe in bad weather just like all land based airfields are safe in bad weather.
Just because Navy took the decision of purchasing this carrier does not make them right, or does it?

You don't have to jump on every one on forum who are critical of armed forces decisions.
saje
BRFite -Trainee

Post by saje »

^^^ Is it just me or a part of the flight deck in the above pic appears to have been taken off? Is that where the boilers are? I would have assumed that the boilers were further down towards the props.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

Indian Navy Pilots Posing In Front Of The MiG-29K Fighter Aircraft

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/W ... directlink
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Sid wrote:
Just because Navy took the decision of purchasing this carrier does not make them right, or does it?

You don't have to jump on every one on forum who are critical of armed forces decisions.
Sorry. I don't see the problem. I said the Indian Navy is wrong and you are right. I am agreeing with you. What is it that you are upset about?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Indian Naval Discussion thread.

A picture of the Brazilian corvette Barroso which is an improved version of the Inhauma class corvette cruising along with INS Deepak and INS Delhi from the recently concluded IBSAMAR III naval exercise that involved India, Brazil and South Africa.

Clicky