Swift Action:Ajmal Kasab, hanged at Yerwada jail in Pune

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Re: Swift Action:Ajmal Kasab, hanged at Yerwada jail in Pune

Post by vina »

PratikDas wrote:One was ready to declare that Kasab was not a Muslim because no religion promotes violence :roll: ,
See. This stock quote of "No religion promotes violence" is a sop/anodyne/drug and fundamentally intellectually lazy and easy route for the politicos to indulge in the politics of toleration and moderation without the fear of "negative opinion" of anybody. It is built on falsehood and is not the way to go.

Fundamentally EVERY religion (Jainism and Buddhism are exceptions here maybe, dunno enough) promotes violence and even sanctifies and ritualizes it under certain circumstances. Islam too does that. That fact must be said loud and clear to everyone , by every politico and govt spokesperson and opinion maker. The fact is that all religions became "liberal" lately after reforms and more liberal and frankly "creative" readings of the scriptures needs to be spoken loudly.

This "No religion promotes violence" sop, tries to sanctify the extremist opinion of a literal reading of Islam as the authentic one, in pursuit of whatever aim (vote banks and appeasement). That should be challenged. Islam should be questioned and the strands and modernizing instincts of islam too should be allowed to blossom and not the state sanctioned hagiography of a literalist interpretation and it's polemics as the official one.

The failure that all religions have multiple streaks and sides is not communicated and the "Officialese" of Glorification of Islam is allowed to dominate is not a fault of the ordinary muslim, but of the state and the intelligentsia and their intellectual dishonesty. Call it out and this slogan will disappear and hopefully a hard look in the mirror by the ordinary muslim will follow.
yet we've been told what Kasab's final words were and they sure seem to point towards his being a Muslim
. Praveen Swami of Al-Hundi says that is a piece of creative fiction.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Sachin wrote:Death sentences are given out based on strict established guidelines. These sentences get upheld after various appeals. If you ask me; it really requires good struggle from the criminal, to get a death sentence awarded to him in India :)
Ah, but I think it is precisely for the need for flexibility is the process of appeal for presidential pardon built in as well. You could codify the circumstances the Presidential decision of pardon or otherwise , even if you don't want to repeal the death sentence law (I think there is some amount of codification already existing on the circumstances for a pardon). So, if using the flexibility, the President doesn't carry out the death sentence for say Afzal Guru, but commutes to life in prison, based on cogent reasons, then one should accept that with grace.
Instead of religion it would be based on a "common cause" (Ealem or what ever is the latest mumbo jumbo). So in effect any organised group will be able to ensure that none of the criminals in their midst ever see the gallows. And only the disorganised group, or some poor murderer who did not have a clue on the justice system would be actually executed. Any pressure group based criminal would have biriyanis and sit in prison.
But isn't the human rights movement an "organized group" as well that seeks to make sure that any "poor murderer or criminal" gets the same treatment of a "common cause" group , if the death penalty is repealed / pardon is codified
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Vina ji, everything you've said here in response is spot on - that Islam deserves scrutiny. I say, or agree with you, that it's unacceptable components [Jihadism, Religion above Country] should be suppressed, forgotten, dare I say - shunned.

It worries me though when Indians, both Hindus and Muslims, from different corners of India, lament Kasab's execution for various reasons, viz. inviting more terrorism, being a disproportionate response, being inhuman, and perhaps some others. If we think that paying crores per year for his repentance in isolation would've been worthwhile then I would suggest that perhaps we grossly misunderstand the tsunami of:
(1) "non-state" (I say Government-sponsored)
(2) naadaan (I say young and energetic)
(3) "brainwashed" (I say trained)
(4) gunmen (I say terrorists)
that could well be in our future.

Then what?

Moreover, I'm not promoting anything like eye-for-an-eye or Sharia law. I'm only defending the right to execute a person who trained for a long period of time, then took a boat towards India, killed the crew of another fishing vessel and entered Indian waters, dispersed on reaching land for pre-assigned destinations, then purposely went about his mission of maximising the number of people he could kill. If this is a result of brainwashing then I'm surprised he even remembers his home address.

I think it is cold and calculated murder and I think he paid the right price for it.
vina
BRF Oldie

Post by vina »

PratikDas wrote:Vina ji, everything you've said here in response is spot on - that Islam deserves scrutiny. I say, or agree with you, that it's unacceptable components [Jihadism, Religion above Country] should be suppressed, forgotten, dare I say - shunned.
Where is the space in today's political system in India for that kind of politics? The last great opportunity for that was during the Shah Bano case and Congress and Rajiv Gandhi to their eternal shame succumbed to the most reactionary sections of muslims instead of standing steadfast against it and on the side of the Supreme Court.

The trouble for Congress started when they moved away from their modernizing project and towards appeasement. Shah Bano was followed by Rajiv Gandhi allowing Shilanyas at Ram Janmabhoomi and that led to the entire BJP thing and facilitated a reactionary Hindu movement.

If anyone came smelling of roses and was proven to be a man of conscience was Arif Mohammed Khan. He is a true hero. Why could the Congress not stand with Arif Mohammed Khan and promote him instead of the Mullahs. It is one of the great could have, would haves and if only of history of India. If only Congress had done that, the history of India would have been fundamentally different in terms of modernization and reform and progress in civil society in India.

Okay, if the Congress did that, what was the BJP's response to it ? Did they facilitate modernity and progress or indulge in the politics of hate ?
It worries me though when Indians,...
Then what?
Your worries and the "debate" are something I rejoice. That is an indication that we are a healthy democracy and not a nation of brain dead lemmings dancing to a totalitarian and absolutist tune.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

vina wrote: Your worries and the "debate" are something I rejoice. That is an indication that we are a healthy democracy and not a nation of brain dead lemmings dancing to a totalitarian and absolutist tune.
Krishna had to elucidate the tremendous entirety of what came to be known as the Bhagvad Gita to Arjun, but eventually Arjun did go on to kill his cousins. Be it fable or fact, I don't really care which, I take from it the lesson that sometimes you simply need to get on with the business of payback.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

vina wrote:So, if using the flexibility, the President doesn't carry out the death sentence for say Afzal Guru, but commutes to life in prison, based on cogent reasons, then one should accept that with grace
Yes. And on that front I do take your point on having a code ready using which President can take a decision. Leaving it to an individual without any established and well published guide line, things would become arbitrary. So there should be a codification done, and if Afzal Guru fits the bill, it should be gallows to him. But if I read it right B.Raman is talking about arbitrary stuff, like "provided there are no chances of internal disturbances".
But isn't the human rights movement an "organized group" as well that seeks to make sure..
Considering how they took up the case of Dhananjoy Chatterjee this "pressure group" may not really put pressure in cases which it does not find enough political mileage to be gleaned from ;).
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

vina wrote: That is an indication that we are a healthy democracy and not a nation of brain dead lemmings dancing to a totalitarian and absolutist tune.
I see, as defined by grovelling before the high command I suppose? :roll:

Do you really want to get Indian politics into this business. It is detestable and despicable enough that B Raman is hustling for political interests in what should be inherent clear cut open and shut matters, should we now make this a open and shut case(s) now ground for further blatant political cheap shots?

I think it is best to cease and desist before this entire thing becomes purely political. Let it be please.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

If ruler contemplates the adverse consequences of executing the laws of the land then we will have no governance but just subjugation of the citizens
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

PratikDas wrote:Vina ji, everything you've said here in response is spot on - that Islam deserves scrutiny. I say, or agree with you, that it's unacceptable components [Jihadism, Religion above Country] should be suppressed, forgotten, dare I say - shunned.

It worries me though when Indians, both Hindus and Muslims, from different corners of India, lament Kasab's execution for various reasons, viz. inviting more terrorism, being a disproportionate response, being inhuman, and perhaps some others. If we think that paying crores per year for his repentance in isolation would've been worthwhile then I would suggest that perhaps we grossly misunderstand the tsunami of:
(1) "non-state" (I say Government-sponsored)
(2) naadaan (I say young and energetic)
(3) "brainwashed" (I say trained)
(4) gunmen (I say terrorists)
that could well be in our future.

Then what?

Moreover, I'm not promoting anything like eye-for-an-eye or Sharia law. I'm only defending the right to execute a person who trained for a long period of time, then took a boat towards India, killed the crew of another fishing vessel and entered Indian waters, dispersed on reaching land for pre-assigned destinations, then purposely went about his mission of maximising the number of people he could kill. If this is a result of brainwashing then I'm surprised he even remembers his home address.

I think it is cold and calculated murder and I think he paid the right price for it.
:D :D :D
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

I keep telling someone should take the computer away from B raman

he needs to sip his kapee and watch the ocean and not try to tax his mind

senile old coot
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

day by day B Raman makes it very obvious of his leaning toward Congress as well as WKK.
Sometimes I wonder if he has allowed himself to be sold-off to unkil-auntie.
member_23677
BRFite

Post by member_23677 »

Nice, feels sad that we have to make a special thread and celebrate for it, the chances of this happening were pretty low and that, after his acts were openly recorded on the media
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Kati wrote:day by day B Raman makes it very obvious of his leaning toward Congress as well as WKK.
Sometimes I wonder if he has allowed himself to be sold-off to unkil-auntie.
What is WKK ?????
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Pawan Singh son of Mammu Singh said, "My father's last wish was to hang Afzal Guru and Kasab but he could not do that as he died in 2011. Till his last breath he was waiting for orders to do the honours. Pawan Singh's great grandfather Lakshman Majeera, a hangman during the British rule, had put to gallows on Shaheed Bhagat Singh. My father always felt ashamed while talking about his lineage, but I have reclaimed my family's respect by hanging Kasab".
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Okay so Pawan Singh was the executioner then :). There were contradictory reports stating that Yerwada Central Prison did not have an executioner in its rolls, and some one was brought in from some where else. The next version was that one of the jail staff officiated as the executioner. BTW, the drop required to kill a person instantly seems to have been researched and formalised by a British executioner William Marwood.

PS: Hope now this does not become the another controversy, with multiple folks claiming to have pulled the lever.
Will
BRFite

Post by Will »

Man you will have the Taliban now after the hangman :x
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

A question of rights and wrongs - By bleeding heart V.R. Krishna Iyer
Ajmal Kasab was hanged to death in the early hours of November 21 as a terrorist and as a killer. When he grew up in rural Pakistan, he had had only his primary education, and his parents were poor.

He was doubtless driven to despair, eventually becoming a hardened operator. Society made him a criminal and a murderer. He was of course guilty of the 26/11 round of killings and havoc in Mumbai.

Nevertheless, killing him secretly should be seen as injustice. Handing down the death sentence is a crime, and resort to the means of hanging makes it even more horrendous. In many ways, we are all guilty — all of humanity that abetted his killing and burial but could not reform him.

In my humble view, all humane societies, especially a society that swears by the Indian Constitution that is rooted in compassion, should abolish judicial executions. Mahatma Gandhi was against it. So was Jawaharlal Nehru.

Much more humane and touching has been the kindly attitude of Sonia Gandhi. Rajiv Gandhi was brutally killed, and some of those who plotted and moved for the murder were sentenced to death.

Sonia Gandhi, a mother with a gentle heart, wrote thus to President K.R. Narayanan, spelling out her views against the hanging of her husband’s murderers.

She wrote: “[The] Supreme Court of India has confirmed the death sentence on four persons who were responsible for the assassination of my beloved husband Rajiv Gandhi.

“Our family does not think that the four held responsible for the heinous murder of my dear husband must be hanged. My son, my daughter or myself do not wish that the four murderers be hanged.

“In particular, we do not at all wish Nalini, mother of an eight-year-old child, to be hanged. I am aware how my children miss their father and we do not want another child to lose its parents together and get orphaned.

“As you are well aware, my children Rahul and Priyanka and myself are suffering untold mental agony day in, day out due to the loss of our beloved Rajiv. But neither my children nor myself would like the persons responsible for my husband’s tragic end to be hanged.

“Hence I humbly request you to stop their hanging and grant them pardon when they seek your clemency.”

When I was Kerala Home Minister in the 1950s, I had occasion to handle some pleas for commutation of the death sentence. In all those cases, I favoured the avoidance of the death sentence. Even as the State Governor was trying to express his views in one particular case, I intervened and said, no. In two cases I had strongly opposed the death sentence, and my view appealed to Lord Scarman, sitting in the Privy Council. He wrote to me an unusual letter mentioning how he was deeply touched by my passionate opposition to the death sentence.

Indeed, half the number of nations of our world have abolished the death sentence — including Great Britain. Lord Mountbatten was treacherously assassinated. But the assassin was not given the death sentence. For, Great Britain had abolished the death penalty. Even in the United States, many States have no provision for the death sentence. I have no doubt in my heart that Gandhiji’s country should not have killed Ajmal Kasab, who was after all young, and belonged to a poor family. Pakistani or not, he was a human being.

(The writer is a former Supreme Court judge.)
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

SSridhar wrote:A question of rights and wrongs - By bleeding heart V.R. Krishna Iyer
Ajmal Kasab was hanged to death in the early hours of November 21 as a terrorist and as a killer. When he grew up in rural Pakistan, he had had only his primary education, and his parents were poor.

He was doubtless driven to despair, eventually becoming a hardened operator. Society made him a criminal and a murderer. He was of course guilty of the 26/11 round of killings and havoc in Mumbai.

Nevertheless, killing him secretly should be seen as injustice. Handing down the death sentence is a crime, and resort to the means of hanging makes it even more horrendous. In many ways, we are all guilty — all of humanity that abetted his killing and burial but could not reform him.

In my humble view, all humane societies, especially a society that swears by the Indian Constitution that is rooted in compassion, should abolish judicial executions. Mahatma Gandhi was against it. So was Jawaharlal Nehru.

Much more humane and touching has been the kindly attitude of Sonia Gandhi. Rajiv Gandhi was brutally killed, and some of those who plotted and moved for the murder were sentenced to death.

Sonia Gandhi, a mother with a gentle heart, wrote thus to President K.R. Narayanan, spelling out her views against the hanging of her husband’s murderers.

She wrote: “[The] Supreme Court of India has confirmed the death sentence on four persons who were responsible for the assassination of my beloved husband Rajiv Gandhi.

“Our family does not think that the four held responsible for the heinous murder of my dear husband must be hanged. My son, my daughter or myself do not wish that the four murderers be hanged.

“In particular, we do not at all wish Nalini, mother of an eight-year-old child, to be hanged. I am aware how my children miss their father and we do not want another child to lose its parents together and get orphaned.

“As you are well aware, my children Rahul and Priyanka and myself are suffering untold mental agony day in, day out due to the loss of our beloved Rajiv. But neither my children nor myself would like the persons responsible for my husband’s tragic end to be hanged.

“Hence I humbly request you to stop their hanging and grant them pardon when they seek your clemency.”

When I was Kerala Home Minister in the 1950s, I had occasion to handle some pleas for commutation of the death sentence. In all those cases, I favoured the avoidance of the death sentence. Even as the State Governor was trying to express his views in one particular case, I intervened and said, no. In two cases I had strongly opposed the death sentence, and my view appealed to Lord Scarman, sitting in the Privy Council. He wrote to me an unusual letter mentioning how he was deeply touched by my passionate opposition to the death sentence.

Indeed, half the number of nations of our world have abolished the death sentence — including Great Britain. Lord Mountbatten was treacherously assassinated. But the assassin was not given the death sentence. For, Great Britain had abolished the death penalty. Even in the United States, many States have no provision for the death sentence. I have no doubt in my heart that Gandhiji’s country should not have killed Ajmal Kasab, who was after all young, and belonged to a poor family. Pakistani or not, he was a human being.

So in future every terrorist must come to India (read sent by Pakistan) with a big badge whether he is rich or poor)

If he is rich our forces can kill him

If he is poor we "soemhow disram him", feed him well for a few days - years and return him to Pakistan so that he can come again !!

There was no "terrorism" during the times of Nehru and Gandhiji.

Many countries have abolished detah penalty, can you name them ?
How many of these countries are facing a terror situtation since past 25 year ? NAME THEM.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

SSridhar wrote:A question of rights and wrongs - By bleeding heart V.R. Krishna Iyer

Sad to say but there are millions of young men and women, in India and all over the wolrd, who are unfortunate not have the basic roti, kapda, makan and education. They do not become terrorists. But in Pakistan these have-nots have a good chance of being terrorists
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

We can probably ban the death penalty for our own citizens. But it makes no sense to ban it for people outside the country invading us and killing innocents.

If you think about it, "if you attack us, we will kill you" is the basic deterrence of our army which protects us from outsiders invading us.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

The best solution is that all these people with gentle hearts can come together and live in specific areas. And when Pakis are poor and desperate and decide to resort to terrorism then they can go to these specific areas and show their frustration. Then these gentle hearts can forgive them by not filing cases against them.

Perhaps Sonia Gandhi can live in that colony with them in a house well lit and whose blue prints are put on Internet.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

yup no death penalty , even I would go as far to say that even army's INSAS should be replaced with rubber bullet firing guns ........ or even better......... paintball guns, army's howitzers firing tomatoes!

Its funny how intolerant these wkk/lefty type people are in their personal lives , but - but on national level इनके बाप का क्या जाता है

:x
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Idiot VRK - another senile coot

Yea sonia was seeming kind to nalini but as for the masterminds - thats another story
Amitabh
BRFite

Post by Amitabh »

Kersi D wrote: Many countries have abolished detah penalty, can you name them ?
How many of these countries are facing a terror situtation since past 25 year ? NAME THEM.
Since YOU ASKED WELLY LOUDLY:

France
United Kingdom
Colombia
Russia (frozen since 1996, effectively halted 2009)
Israel (limited to cases of high treason and genocide)

P.S. Took me about as long to find this information on Google as it did for you to express your outrage and indignation.
Last edited by Amitabh on 26 Nov 2012 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Surya wrote:Idiot VRK - another senile coot

Yea sonia was seeming kind to nalini but as for the masterminds - thats another story
Unfortunately, these senile coots are the ones who ran this country & hence is it any wonder that the average Indian is fodder for the Kasabs?
Other cretins also pop up from time to time to extol the wonders of the dynasty. VRK is one amongst a long list of such worthies.
By the way, seeming is right - after what happened in SL to the LTTE - or even locally to Ramdev's mela- or whats been going on elsewhere, talk of kind heart etc is beyond farcical.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Since Majority of Indians believe in reincarnation , there may not be any need to abolish death penalty as the fellow would get another chance to atone his sins or reform. I am sure he would be a dog in next birth and act as faithful protector to attain higher levels of being.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

RamaY wrote:The best solution is that all these people with gentle hearts can come together and live in specific areas. And when Pakis are poor and desperate and decide to resort to terrorism then they can go to these specific areas and show their frustration. Then these gentle hearts can forgive them by not filing cases against them.

Perhaps Sonia Gandhi can live in that colony with them in a house well lit and whose blue prints are put on Internet.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Amitabh wrote:
Kersi D wrote: Many countries have abolished detah penalty, can you name them ?
Since YOU ASKED WELLY LOUDLY:

France
United Kingdom
Colombia

P.S. Took me about as long to find this information on Google as it did for you to express your outrage and indignation.
Shhhh quiet !!!!

Thanks for naming these countries, I was too lazy to do it.

Now which of these countries is facing the type of insurgency / low intensity war / what-ever-you-call-it ?

Probably None !!

Israel ? Yes !!

But Israel does not take prisoners ! It probably finishes them off on the battlefield !!!!!
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Kersi D wrote:Now which of these countries is facing the type of insurgency / low intensity war / what-ever-you-call-it ?
Jihadi Islamist terrorism since 1947 and nuclear blackmail to boot since the 80s ?
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

These are mere words & Indians are anyways peace loving. Why doesnt our bleeding heart try for a greater impact by relocating to Kasab-land and try to reform Kasab's types?

BTW, Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan & his brother actually succeeded in socially reforming that part of the world until the British for their selfish reasons propped the Muslim League against the Khuda-e-Khidmatgar. When he died, there was an undeclared ceasefire in the Afghan Civil War. He was also remarkable in preaching non violence through the Quran.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

What a truckload of bullshit. to the bleeding hearts it seems that kasab was almost denied opportunity to work on preserving human rights of minorities in pakistan, or welcoming back Jews in middle eastern countries, or for human rights of Romas in Europe.

the bleeding hearts have to make people ignore so much so much that the liars won't stop playing politics over a hanged barbarian post years of litigation and following due process of law.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

tsarkar wrote:
These are mere words & Indians are anyways peace loving. Why doesnt our bleeding heart try for a greater impact by relocating to Kasab-land and try to reform Kasab's types?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Amitabh
BRFite

Post by Amitabh »

Kersi D wrote:
Amitabh wrote:Since YOU ASKED WELLY LOUDLY:

France
United Kingdom
Colombia

Shhhh quiet !!!!

Thanks for naming these countries, I was too lazy to do it.

Now which of these countries is facing the type of insurgency / low intensity war / what-ever-you-call-it ?

Probably None !!

Israel ? Yes !!

But Israel does not take prisoners ! It probably finishes them off on the battlefield !!!!!
Israel and Russia both face insurgencies comparable with what we face. And Israel routinely takes Palestinian prisoners. Furthermore India routinely eliminates suspected insurgents on and off the battlefield. So to term the Indian state as soft is a bit ridiculous. We are in the select club of nations that has used extrajudicial execution as de facto state policy.

The broader point is that not all countries believe that the death penalty is necessary to succeed against terrorism. And that the talking points labelling the UPA as "pseudo-seculars soft on terrorism to appease Muslims who are after all the most terroristic of terrorists" are a political strategy wielded by a pseudo-nationalist opposition whose warriors are rather more proficient at taking out unarmed minorities than armed terrorists and their handlers.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Amitabh wrote: Israel and Russia both face insurgencies comparable with what we face.
:rotfl:
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

^ Amitabh, please clear this for me. Shooting down terrorist is acceptable but not the hanging; or both are not acceptable?
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Amitabh wrote:The broader point is that not all countries believe that the death penalty is necessary to succeed against terrorism. And that the talking points labelling the UPA as "pseudo-seculars soft on terrorism to appease Muslims who are after all the most terroristic of terrorists" are a political strategy wielded by a pseudo-nationalist opposition whose warriors are rather more proficient at taking out unarmed minorities than armed terrorists and their handlers.
So campaigning for the next general election has already begun I guess :lol:
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Furthermore India routinely eliminates suspected insurgents on and off the battlefield.
:eek:
Amitabh
BRFite

Post by Amitabh »

abhijitm wrote:^ Amitabh, please clear this for me. Shooting down terrorist is acceptable but not the hanging; or both are not acceptable?
I am just making the point that the absence of a death penalty does not imply lack of seriousness to deal with armed insurgencies. Acceptable or unacceptable is a different issue.

Obviously a state has to protect citizens from armed attacks which also involves engaging and sometimes killing those armed attackers. This is recognised by all legal systems. So shooting down terrorist is acceptable if there is no alternative.
aditya.agd
BRFite

Post by aditya.agd »

This bleeding heart must be sent to Pakistan and asked to write facts of Islamic society. Let us see whose human rights he will be able to defend.... Amnesty only cares for human rights of terrorists .... they should be called Terrorist Amnesty International
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Amitabh wrote: Israel and Russia both face insurgencies comparable with what we face.
This has to be the most asinine comment on this thread. Israeli and Russian armies can walk into "insurgent territory" whenever they please along with tanks and APCs or even bomb insurgent hideouts from the air. And they do so quite frequently. How many terrorist camps have we bombed in Pakistan? We are facing an insurgency supported and financed by a heavily armed neighbor whose territory is a safe haven for the insurgents and not accessible to our armed forces. Nobody else in the world faces something like this.