Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Armed Forces

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
VishalJ
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by VishalJ »

ashdivay wrote:Somebody's got lot of $$$$ ! :rotfl: :lol:
:lol: Not Really, Only 1 of that Camera+Lens Set-up is mine :wink:
Nick_S wrote:Those look like $5000 lenses.... :shock:

Too bad there is no envy emoticon. Its about the right time to use it. :)
The 500mm F4 alone is $10.5k :D (that aint mine)

Sena Bal 748 @ DEL

Came across this interesting photo on Canadian Joint Operations Command's Flickr a/c :
24 March 2006
Camp Ziouani, Golan Heights, United Nations Disengagement
Observer Force (UNDOF) mission area

The Canadian troops are leaded off the parade square at Camp Ziouani by Lieutenant Colonel (LCol) Sylvain Mongeon, after the transfer of Command Authority ceremony. The Indian Army replaces the Canadian Forces in the Golan Heights.

Operation DANACA, was part of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNZDOF) since its inception in 1974. More than 12,000 Canadian Forces members deployed to the mission in the Golan Heights region over 32 years.

Image < click for HI-RES
Mohtarma Chindits' Photo:
Major General Ng Chee Meng, Chief of Air Force, Republic of Singapore Air Force calls on Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne, Chief of the Air Force, Indian Air Force at Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhawan), New Delhi on 31 October 2012.
Image < click for HI-RES

Biggest Shockers of the day were these & just checkout the Kick-Ass Inglees:
Prime Minister of Canada, Mr. Stephen Harper and his wife Mrs. Laureen Harper arrives at Air Force Station, Palam in New Delhi (November 05, 2012)

Image < click for HI-RES

Prime Minister of Canada Mr. Stephen Harper arrives Agra Image (November 4, 2012)

'Shocking' rather not so much for the image itself but, the party hosting it: MEA !! Image

The Anti-Photography Government of India has finally made its debut on the Worlds Largest Photography Website!
True to tradition (0 PR skills), no one knows its there.
Only reason i even discovered it - was by accident i.e., my Search for something else matched a few words in one of the photo in there ^ Image

I researched a bit to see if that ^ really was the case or if its just me who had missed it.
Most photos on there have at the most 2~5 hits on them (these will now go up after this post), results of MEA staff clicks (probably)

edit: one of the few photos that caught my eye & probably the only 2 photos on there with more than 100 hits, you guessed it :idea: :
Image Image
Nov 10th, Maun Mohan Jee in MY City:
https://twitter.com/PMOIndia/status/267199413372473345 (< Great English there again)
I was heading to one of our spotting locations 2 hours before MMSji's arrival. The flock of Spotters already there called & told me to keep away as the Cops were massacring all in the vicinity.
We learnt of the reason later in the evening ironically, upon seeing this very tweet.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Dont know if i posted this before, Western Navy Media Day
siddharth
BRFite -Trainee

Post by siddharth »

vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Is that a Yak-38 in the foreground?
Yes it is.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photo:
Checkout the Brilliant & Disciplined Routine of the Pacific Air Forces PACAF F-16 Demo Team as they dispatch the Fighting Falcon
http://www.airliners.net/photo/2189634/L/
⇒ Rate & Remark Image

These guys were stationed well away from the crowds Image yet they kept practicing their thing in the sun.
The whole routine, synchronised walk-back to position, gesturing, dispatch, salute etc was Incredible!

Felt sad for them as only a few people close to the action were privileged enough to see this.
Besides being thorough professionals, they were an Awesome bunch of people, will post more photos of them soon.

They'd pro-actively go & reach-out to people especially kids, talk to them with a smile, distribute minor PACAF goodies like stickers, patches etc...... Readily pose for photos for ANYONE who'd ask, take the crowd's camera & click whatever photo they wanted with their crew.

Slightly like this:
Image Image

Almost no other aircrew's attitudes came even close.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

November 26, 2012: Desi Babu Pimped-Up AW 101 | Yeovil, UK

HI-RES
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

they usnavy blue angles have on the air shows have their hornets flying 1 and half feet apart between them? any pics to show this? interesting show on the mil channel, they respond to one lead, who keeps talking to them.. and that is how they get to turn either slow or fast.. so if he talks about turning left slowly, tuurrrnnninnnng leeeffffttt, then on the same speed of his voice, does others. that is interesting., and they have devices connected with sensors, that it would not turn otherwise faster or slower to correspond to the controls. did not get it clear.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

SaiK wrote:they usnavy blue angles have on the air shows have their hornets flying 1 and half feet apart between them? any pics to show this? interesting show on the mil channel, they respond to one lead, who keeps talking to them.. and that is how they get to turn either slow or fast.. so if he talks about turning left slowly, tuurrrnnninnnng leeeffffttt, then on the same speed of his voice, does others. that is interesting., and they have devices connected with sensors, that it would not turn otherwise faster or slower to correspond to the controls. did not get it clear.

Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Vishal Jolapara wrote: Almost no other aircrew's attitudes came even close.
Well the Blue Angels pilots and ground crews during their practice season used to come by the fence to chat.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Raja Bose wrote:
Vishal Jolapara wrote: Almost no other aircrew's attitudes came even close.
Well the Blue Angels pilots and ground crews during their practice season used to come by the fence to chat.
I was referring to the ones at Aero India 2011.
Blue Angels Pilots are known for their way with the crowds afterall, they are the most Prominent Ambassadors for their force.
SaiK wrote:they usnavy blue angles have on the air shows have their hornets flying 1 and half feet apart between them? any pics to show this?
See 2:04

If you're Talking Blue Angels, then you NEED TO see this Brilliant Documentary > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119595/
PS: Tom SelleckImage is the Narrator - if that counts for anything :mrgreen:
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

Similar pic, cheaper zoom lens... mine :(( :((
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Nice shot..
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

I thought two countries are on a divergent path because of the recent GMR issue
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

AdityaM wrote:Similar pic, cheaper zoom lens... mine :(( :((
np yaar, aisa khali lagta hai! Quick moving targets are difficult to shoot even with pro gear Image

Image < looks like Ricky Ponting na?

For more, pls follow The US Navy & The Blue Angels' Flickr Pools
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

photos from EKUVERIN-12
http://www.aame.in/2012/11/exercise-eku ... dives.html

Mrs Mankekshaw
via http://www.aame.in/2012/11/siloo-maneks ... diers.html

Dear BRAdmins, whoever is in-charge of maintaining the IAF website is plagiarizing content from BR. Quite certain it ain't the other ways round because of these sentences
BR Site
It was during this period that he fell out with then Defence Minister V.K. Krishna Menon over the purchase of replacements for the Airlines' aging Dakotas. Menon was convinced that IAC's requirements could be met with the Hs.748s that the Air Force was acquiring. Lal thought otherwise. In the end Krishna Menon prevailed. And at the end of P.C. Lal's tenure as GM of IAC on 30 September 1962, Krishna Menon ensured that his services with the Indian Air Force were terminated.

By a quirk of fate Krishna Menon's inept handling of the China crisis in October 1962 forced his resignation before the year was out. In December 1962, P.C. Lal's services were reinstated by the Air Force as Air Officer Maintenance with the rank of Air Vice Marshal.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Perso ... C-Lal.html

IAF's website reads
It was during this period that he fell out with then Defence Minister V.K. Krishna Menon over the purchase of replacements for the Airlines' aging Dakotas. Menon was convinced that IAC's requirements could be met with the Hs.748s that the Air Force was acquiring. Lal thought otherwise. In the end Krishna Menon prevailed. And at the end of P.C. Lal's tenure as GM of IAC on 30 September 1962, Krishna Menon ensured that his services with the Indian Air Force were terminated.

By a quirk of fate Krishna Menon's inept handling of the China crisis in October 1962 forced his resignation before the year was out. In December 1962, P.C. Lal's services were reinstated by the Air Force as Air Officer Maintenance with the rank of Air Vice Marshal.
http://indianairforce.nic.in/show_exchi ... d=19&ch=16

do verify if the others too have been similarly lifted. Sad.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photo:
Checkout the assortment of Exotic Heavy-Lifters at the VOYK Ramp ⇒ http://www.airliners.net/photo/2193483/L/
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

Marshal Shaposhnikov. Is it normal for warship to have wall with such surface finish? or is this one especially bad?
http://www.rusembassy.in//images/articl ... G_9238.jpg
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

thats quite normal. Not everything remains spic and span after a patrol or two.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

Bob V wrote:thats quite normal. Not everything remains spic and span after a patrol or two.
how can a patrol or two makes such condition of build quality? I think Soviet never bothered about the surface quality as long as the primary purpose is met ...
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photo:
Check this out, this is BRILLIANT!
Everyone except the PIC taking a photo of ME as they taxi past, Co-Pilot included!
Image HAL/Dornier 228 ⇒ Image http://www.airliners.net/photo/2194527/L/

Rate & Remark
pravula
BRFite

Post by pravula »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:My Latest Photo:
Check this out, this is BRILLIANT!
Everyone except the PIC taking a photo of ME as they taxi past, Co-Pilot included!
Image HAL/Dornier 228 ⇒ Image http://www.airliners.net/photo/2194527/L/

Rate & Remark
LOL, that's an interesting experience :rotfl:
veerav
BRFite -Trainee

Post by veerav »

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Jet-Airw ... 1326833/L/

I noticed that there is a Kingfisher aircraft in the background with three engines at the end. Is it a Boeing 727? Just wondering if they are really operating a 727 currently or is it a different one?
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

veerav wrote:http://www.airliners.net/photo/Jet-Airw ... 1326833/L/

I noticed that there is a Kingfisher aircraft in the background with three engines at the end. Is it a Boeing 727? Just wondering if they are really operating a 727 currently or is it a different one?
That's the personal jet of Vijay Mallaya...

You can get more of that registration here..

http://jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?reg ... &view=true
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

INS Sindhurakshak - Indian Navy's Kilo-Class Submarine Visiting Malyasia
via http://www.aame.in/2012/12/ins-sindhura ... -kilo.html

U.S. Navy Sailors Saluting INS Sahyadri [F49], Indian Navy's Shivalik-Class Frigate [Photograph]
via http://www.aame.in/2012/12/us-navy-sail ... yadri.html
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

Hiten wrote:INS Sindhurakshak - Indian Navy's Kilo-Class Submarine Visiting Malyasia
via http://www.aame.in/2012/12/ins-sindhura ... -kilo.html
Entering that harbor must be a real trick for a submarine commander..and its crew...
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Yesterday:

HI-RES

Quick Q:
Is there a salute etiquette? As in, i see all 3 distinguished saheb's hands at a different angle.
Same goes for the two behind them, which one's is 'correct' ?

I know they're all equally respectful
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

They are all doing it right (In the IA and IAF, the palm whould be facing outwards. In the IN has the palm should be facing down).

http://www.bharatdefencekavach.com/News ... -army.html
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

^ I thought IAF should salute same as IN ?! No ?

-Ankit
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

indranilroy wrote:They are all doing it right (In the IA and IAF, the palm whould be facing outwards. In the IN has the palm should be facing down).

Thanks Man Image

PS: The Naval Officer behind जोशी साहेब seems to be using his hand as a sun visor rather :mrgreen:
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Ankit Desai wrote:^ I thought IAF should salute same as IN ?! No ?

-Ankit
No. The IAF had the same salute as the IA. They have new directives from 5-6 years back. They now salute at a 45 degree angle.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:quote: indranilroy They are all doing it right (In the IA and IAF, the palm whould be facing outwards. In the IN has the palm should be facing down).

Thanks Man Image

PS: The Naval Officer behind जोशी साहेब seems to be using his hand as a sun visor rather :mrgreen:
Vishalji - are you referring to the link above? The naval officer in the link is former CNS Admiral Arun Prakash who was a naval aviator and busted up "The Right Stuff" Paki ass licker Chuck Yeagers private aircraft in 1971

The origins of the action of saluting actually are related to accepting and shielding oneself from the brightness of the superior's presence so if it looks like a sun visor it is exactly the right context.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

The IN salute is more compact (I was told that it is because there is limited room on ships to execute a IA style salute).
Sree
BRFite

Post by Sree »

negi wrote:The IN salute is more compact (I was told that it is because there is limited room on ships to execute a IA style salute).
The restricted space on ships has led to some relaxation of the protocols for saluting; I don't know that it was the reason for the different angle of the hand.

I have heard (from a service officer, but can't actually vouch for it :) ) that the historic reason for the different angle in the Navy (going back to RN times) was an unannounced visit by a monarch to a ship, the crew of which had been hard at work scrubbing the deck and all had grubby palms - so they held their palms downward, so as not to let the monarch see the dirt :).

No idea of authenticity :)

Rgds
Sree
BRFite

Post by Sree »

Oops - just saw that the same story was in the link posted by Vishal - apologies!!

Btw, 'ware adminullahs - doesn't all this count as discussion, on a forum thread where there shouldn't be any discussion?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

shiv wrote: Vishalji - are you referring to the link above? The naval officer in the link is former CNS Admiral Arun Prakash who was a naval aviator and busted up "The Right Stuff" Paki ass licker Chuck Yeagers private aircraft in 1971
Shivji - He doesn't look like the person in the photo of Adm. Arun Prakash from Wikipedia.

member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

matrimc wrote:
shiv wrote: Vishalji - are you referring to the link above? The naval officer in the link is former CNS Admiral Arun Prakash who was a naval aviator and busted up "The Right Stuff" Paki ass licker Chuck Yeagers private aircraft in 1971
Shivji - He doesn't look like the person in the photo of Adm. Arun Prakash from Wikipedia.

he was referring to a different link....
this one
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

matrimc wrote:
It is Arun Prakash. Check the nose

see this pic as well from Aero India 2011
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/media/Aer ... i.jpg.html
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

shiv wrote: It is Arun Prakash. Check the nose

My bad - I was thinking you were referring to the HiRes in line image posted by Vishal Jolpara ji. Yes, you are right. The nose is a give away.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

matrimc wrote:
shiv wrote: It is Arun Prakash. Check the nose

My bad - I was thinking you were referring to the HiRes in line image posted by Vishal Jolpara ji. Yes, you are right. The nose is a give away.
I seem to have missed that image - which one is it? I was unable to find a link to the pic of some Joshi and a Naval Officer as referred to by Vishal. I just made a comment on the only image I saw of a naval officer saluting.