Bharat Rakshak

Consortium of Indian Defence Websites
It is currently 31 Oct 2014 20:25

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 86  Next
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 17:23 
BRF Oldie

Face Off / Cheenis are so sensitive to face and are losing it in this scenario. So , let us rub it in.

Report this post
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 17:50 
BRFite

A Blade of Grass
:)

Report this post
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 19:08 
BRFite

k prasad wrote:

A sighting! :shock:

Report this post
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 19:42 
Forum Moderator

"Tiger Eye, the India-China war of 2014" or change tiger eye to Tiger Claw (tiger eye is a surveillance pod used by the F-15SK)

have the face of a royal bengal tiger in silhouette (black) on a plain white cover, with only the eyes glowing coal red or malicious green...

something like this http://tattooingtattoodesigns.com/media ... 787154.jpg

or more stylized like this http://freedxffile.com/sites/default/fi ... 20Face.png ... maybe have silhouette of a couple Rudra WSI flying in close formation below that logo.

the second part of the title "the India-China war of 2014" would make it clear on the cover itself what the book is about.

Last edited by Singha on 29 Dec 2012 10:37, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 20:02 
BRFite

'The Red Lotus ' 8)

Report this post
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 20:13 
BRFite

Dawn of Brahma

Tibetan Sun

Report this post
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 21:29 
BRFite

Trinetra

We fix 3 things:
1. China is put in place. No more bullying and difference in perception of the borders.
2. Our neighbours realize their place in the pecking order and fall in line. No more string of pearls crap.
3. 3.5 friends will have to reasses their Pakistan strategy as everyone likes a 'winner'

Report this post
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2012 22:07 
BRF Oldie

Great going.

I would request Vivek to Sign the copy to be sent to the Winner.

Contest open to all Brfites till Vivek finalises the name and announces the Winner as well.

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 00:06 
BRFite -Trainee

Vivek..am trying to understand your motive behind selecting "Chimera" in the first place
Wiki says Chimera is a mythological fire breathing monster with body parts taken from different animals like lion, goat, snake etc. Were you alluding to the dragon but in a abstract way? There is also one reference to Chimera as winged quadrupeds in Chinese art..one more chinese connection.
My clue..one word..mythological creature with wings. How about Jatayu or Jatayoo?

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 00:52 
BRFite

Chimera is more commonly associated with massive disasters.. A indo-china war definitely fits the bill in that case.. Plus the word dragon is too "used" to describe the chinese, as is "red".. Chimera on the other hand is hardly known and more engimatic...

Don't think naming your novel Chimera would have any issues.. Its an ancient name, not some modern trademark which is copyrighted..

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 09:28 
BRFite

Bala, you are right.

However, to distinguish it in the search engines from the other three publications of the same name one could append the current title to examples such as:

a) Battlefield Chimera
b) Himalayan Chimera
c) Asian Chimera

Not knowing the final outcome of the fabulous story!

Cheers

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 09:59 
BRFite -Trainee

Roar of the Tiger

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 10:00 
BRFite -Trainee

Angry Tiger Shivering Dragon

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 10:01 
BRFite -Trainee

Cobra Strike

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 10:55 
BRF Oldie

Why our friendly posters from China keep scrupulously away from this thread. They should also suggest how CCPC would react to Indian moves. Whether Viveks depiction is near to what they would think.

They can also come up with names. Though I may not be able to mail the book in China.

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 11:34 
BRFite

Since the chinese think that ingesting tiger's pen!s is good for their libido, why not feed it to them from another orifice!

a) Wrath of the Tiger or Tiger's Wrath
b) Avenging Tiger
c) Revenge of the Tiger
d) The Tiger Awakens

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 13:35 
BRF Oldie

'ESCALATION' seems like a good name.

or

O P E R A T I O N : D R A G O N S L A Y

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 13:49 
BRF Oldie

March of the Elephant

Angaar <- Fire

In Jest -> Agony by Agni

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 14:06 
BRFite

I think what I can do is select the top five names from this list (and also leave Chimera as the original name in there) and put it up as a poll or something like that so that we can refocus the page back to the scenario.

In other news, I thought you all might be interested in taking a look at how the manuscript is looking like after formatting. I finally crossed the 350 page mark today. 100 more to go at this point.

Here's a chapter from the manuscript:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Fs98BOHNP1dWIyR19iRGFranM

I will return to posting new material within 24 hours once I finish this heavy bout of editing.

-Vivek

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 14:50 
BRF Oldie

Thanks for the teaser.
Of the titles suggested so far, I like Hollow Dragon best.
Considering that most of the battles have been fought in Himalayan region, you can also consider something like "Himalayan Dawn"
If you think about ferocity showed by so far restrained India, you can also consider " Trumpets Of War". "Trumpet Dragon"
A herd of elephants is called a Parade. So "Trumpet Parade" , "Himalayan Parade" , "Fiery Parade" "Parade of Thunder"
Somehow I always associated sound of trumpets with elephants. Maybe its because of the similar sounds they both make and their use in wars. Elephants have a long memory, so India bashing the dragon (which is an imaginary creature by the way) can also be the revenge for 1962.

Man, I should stop here :oops:

Edit: AFAIK, neither India nor China have Chimera in their mythologies. So using something foreign like that doesn't seem too good.

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 14:57 
BRFite -Trainee

I liek Chimera..
Any other i can think of is Mirage..

Why Mirage.. well what world percieves of India and China is a Mirage and this is what comes out after this face off. What you see is not exactly teh truth.

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 15:19 
BRFite -Trainee

The Dawn

Dragon Sunset

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 15:20 
BRFite

IMHO, since Vivekji's original proposal or plan was for 'Chimera' - the new name should be short - preferably single word.

How about 'Trident' ?

It might denote the involvement of three entities - India, China and Tibet (reinforcing separate political identity for Tibet).

PS: Thanks a lot Vivekji for your thorough, professional and realistic scenarios which are a treat for us brfites!

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 16:12 
BRFite

I honestly would prefer something more than the Clancy-Hawksley Naming complex.

Jamwalmian,I like trumpets of war. Sounds good.

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 16:48 
BRFite

Checkerboard to Checkmate: A Fictional Account of conflict in the subcontinent.

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 16:53 
BRFite -Trainee

CHECKMATE

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 16:54 
BRFite -Trainee

it is already there!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 17:03 
BRFite

nitinr wrote:
I liek Chimera..
Any other i can think of is Mirage..

Why Mirage.. well what world percieves of India and China is a Mirage and this is what comes out after this face off. What you see is not exactly teh truth.

second that.

also in a similar vein, SMOKESCREEN seems apt to me.

ps : vivek, you must be the best war writer out there. cheers...

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 21:21 
BRF Oldie

vivek_ahuja wrote:
I think what I can do is select the top five names from this list (and also leave Chimera as the original name in there) and put it up as a poll or something like that so that we can refocus the page back to the scenario.

In other news, I thought you all might be interested in taking a look at how the manuscript is looking like after formatting. I finally crossed the 350 page mark today. 100 more to go at this point.

Here's a chapter from the manuscript:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Fs98BOHNP1dWIyR19iRGFranM

I will return to posting new material within 24 hours once I finish this heavy bout of editing.

-Vivek

Sounds good. What name is finally selected by you and first posted here ( must be before commencement of poll) is guaranteed the Book. I hope you would be able to sign it? Are you in India or Abroad.

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 21:48 
BRFite

Vivek Saar you have to choose title of your book. I am sure you will come with some "mind blowing" (as they say in India) title. Guys let's not compare this with Humply Haksry's novels. That guy has a fixed "BBC" frame of understanding of world affairs: China is arrogant and strong,Chine wins, Indian leaders are Gandhiwadi and therefore expandable so they are happy to loose and UK is still relevant in world affairs.

Added later: Vivek Ahuja Saar could you please delay your next post (in case you were planning to post within next few days) because I am ( or we are) traumatized by death of Rape victim. Thanks

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 22:06 
BRFite

I like "Himalayan Dawn." It's a great title on its own; it also alludes to the classic book on the '62 war by Brigadier J.P. Dalvi, "Himalayan Blunder" (which was published in 1968).

I also like "Tibetan Sun."

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 22:20 
BRFite

"Red Snow"

"Red Hail"

... refers to projectiles, the nature of combat, snow for the location of combat, and red is also a china reference.

Also Vivek saar.... a couple of humble suggestions.

1) Request you to kindly include lots of maps and situational maps too. Also, a larger map showing all the sectors and places, so people can follow the action. Military action, especially at this scale and level of detail is hard to imagine, especially for laymen. A larger map will definitely help. (for example, i always keep going back to the maps when i read a book like LoTR or Game of Thrones. I'm sure it'll help in your book even more)

2) Also, a detailed glossary with explanations of terms and abbreviations at the end will be a great help. I know you've integrated explanations into the scenarios in many places, but lots of times i've forgotten, and its difficult to search through the text.

3) You have done a lot of incredibly detailed analysis to come up with your numbers. Is it possible to include some of these in an appendix? Also, an appendix on the specifications of the weapon systems in the scenarios would really help laymen understand it. we might understand why a Su-30 is far better than a Jag, but normal people might not, so this sort of a spec sheet might help them (esp if a picture or two is included. The increased familiarity might help create a sense of involvement to the reader).

thanks!! Looking forward to your scenarios... i'm reading the present one from the beginning while waiting for your next few posts :-)

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 22:39 
BRFite

Avarachan wrote:
I like "Himalayan Dawn." It's a great title on its own; it also alludes to the classic book on the '62 war by Brigadier J.P. Dalvi, "Himalayan Blunder" (which was published in 1968).

I also like "Tibetan Sun."

How about "Sunrise in Lhasha"?

Report this post
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2012 22:39 
BRFite

Mihir wrote:
k prasad wrote:

A sighting! :shock:

Haha Mihirji... I wish it didnt have to be only that. I've been quite out of the scene for a long long time now. Work and stuff been taking up way too much of time, but I try and lurk as often as I can...

... btw, last month, i got a nice view of the AEW approaching for landing at HAL from my office roof. Was quite a sight!

Report this post
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012 08:10 
BRF Oldie

Roar of the Tiger
Dragon Doom

Report this post
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2012 09:04 
BRF Oldie

Something akin to Chimera is "Spectre".

Report this post
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2012 01:44 
BRFite

Himalayan MELTDOWN
HOT WINTER
RAGE of the wounded TIGER
Taming the Dragon

Report this post
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2012 10:17 
BRFite

How about "Himalayan Fire"?

I mean no offense, but I don't care for most of the titles suggested thus far: they're a bit too obvious. The title should be somewhat subtle, right? Vivek's work is sophisticated: it's not just an India-kicks-China's-butt sort of book. If the book's title gives away too much information about the plot's direction, the reader can't enjoy the suspense as the story unfolds.

Report this post
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2012 11:12 
BRFite

HOT Himalayan WINTER

Report this post
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2012 11:49 
BRFite

The reason i quoted Tibetan Sun...

Any future war of china with India will see some pro democracy movement in Tibet for sure.One of the holiest places in the world deserves to be free and do what it is renowned for.Keeping its spiritual traditions.India of all nations in the world deserves to help it maintain its integrity and prevent further interference of one the most sacred traditions that has been kept alive for centuries.Indeed the Indian sun has to rise over tibet !.If viveks book can have this title then good.It does look like a good start :)

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 86  Next