Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XIII

vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XIII

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Gentlemen,

Time for the sequel to the previous scenario.

-Vivek
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XIII

Post by vivek_ahuja »

ravi_shankar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ravi_shankar »

Absolutely wonderful....waiting..:)
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

So I will be starting a new scenario while we wait for the previous one to hit the bookstores.

I have started a new thread: hopefully I am not stepping on admin toes.

This scenario is supposed to be standalone but is also a direct sequel to the previous one. I will let the storyline fill you all in in the coming days regarding exact details and so forth. This one is going to be smaller than the previous one and reading the scenario will explain why (so I must beg your indulgence for now).

Regards

-Vivek
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

awesome cover..brooding..and sinister.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Guru Ho Ja Shuru!!
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

The black phoenix is sooo ZOMG.

But who is rising from the ashes, hain? AFAIS the Chicoms got creamed in the last scenario. And is that Ladakh in the background?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Fenix - Dark Red
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

The blue sky flashed white and the clouds flashed into oblivion as he raised his hands to shield him from the intense light. But it only got worse and he could see the reddish-pink color of blood inside his arms as the light made even the skin transparent.
Was that even possible?
Not really…but what was certain was that the ball of white was now turning to yellow and orange and revealing itself to be what it really was: a ball of fire expanding in the skies above…

“Go! Go! Get to cover!” He ran at full speed and leapt over the rocks and snow as others in his team turned to do the same. But they weren’t fast enough. How could they be? They were only human after all.

The ground shook and Captain Pathanya fell on his left knee as the gravel began to shake itself loose and boulders began rolling down the hillside. He tried getting up but found his knees weak for some reason. He saw his rifle shaking with the gravel on the ground nearby and he turned on his back to face the valley behind him even as others staggered past him. He saw Vikram running by and spotting him on the ground. Only seconds had passed till now, but it felt as though everything was going far more slowly. Even as he saw Vikram’s gaping mouth yelling his name out, Pathanya turned to see the white cover of snow flashing away like the clouds as the fireball smashed into the rocky hillsides and a high wall of dirt, gravel and rocks ran up the valley towards their ridge. He saw Vikram turning towards the approaching shockwave from the airborne nuclear detonation with a face of pure horror just as a large tree trunk overtook Pathanya’s view, slammed into his leg and his view went black…
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

THREE YEARS LATER

PROLOGUE

VAIRENGTE
MIZORAM
23RD FEBRUARY + 0353 HRS

Pathanya jerked from his bed with a cold sweat. His hands were on his chest checking for wounds and he found himself surprisingly out of breath. He turned to see the small red digital readout of the alarm clock nearby and regained his bearings. And then he felt the sweat on his forehead and his heartbeat began to slow down from the rapid pumping it had been doing in his chest a few seconds ago.

The same nightmare again…

He caught his breath and realized that there was no way he was going to fall back to bed again. So he shoved his blankets away and rolled himself off the bed. He checked his left thigh with his fingers pressing down on it and the pain slowly shot up the rest of his body as he pressed it some more. The thick scar left there by that tree log had taken him two years to heal acceptably. During that time he had been walking with a stagger that had not gone unnoticed within the small Para community he belonged to. He hated it. Hated the attention it garnered and the stories—no rumors! —that spread as a result of it. He just wanted to be left alone.
Needless to say, he had not been left alone.

The work done by him and his small team of Paras in the mountains of Bhutan had become the stuff of legend within the Indian Army. He glanced over to his uniform hanging behind the door of the wooden hut and saw the moonlight glistening off the various ribbons and citations he had received as a result of it. One of which was the special ribbon given to all of the Paras from the 9TH, 10TH, 11TH and 12TH Battalions of the Regiment from the King of Bhutan for services rendered in the defense of that Himalayan Kingdom from the Chinese forces. The “Snow-Lions”, as the Indian Paras were now known to the Bhutanese citizenry, had received that ribbon soberly in view of the thousands of Indian soldiers who lost their lives alongside the fifteen-thousand Bhutanese civilians when the two nuclear detonations had ripped the Himalayan kingdom apart.

To Pathanya, the price had been the loss of six of the ten team members of his Spear LRRP team plus two more severely wounded, including himself. The first to go had been Second-Lieutenant Ganesh who had taken a deep splinter wound on their second day after entering Bhutan. Then the nuclear explosion over the Barshong valley had taken with one swipe what the Chinese soldiers from the PLA’s former “Highland Division” had been unable to for more than a week of brutal combat…

Gone!

He stopped pressing down on his scar, sighed and headed to the hanging uniform near the closed door. He could see the darkness outside beginning to turn to dark gray as the early morning fog descended over the green trees. He rubbed his thumb over the ribbon given specially to him, Tarun and Vikram by the King of Bhutan in Thimpu a few months after the war.

Yes. That ceremony had been simple and sober too. The young King had aged tremendously over that time as his country had struggled to recover from the grievous wounds inflicted to it by the war. Even so, he had put the ribbon on the three men and patted them on the shoulder for what they had done to prevent the fall of the city during the early days of that war.

“The Thimpu Shield,” Pathanya said to himself as he remembered what the King had told the three men at the emotional ceremony that bright sunny day. He sighed again.
He took his tee-shirt from the rack nearby and grabbed his jogging shoes before walking outside and sitting on the cold rocks of the steps at the edge of the hut’s foundation. He tied his shoes, stretched his muscles and began running on the dirt path past the lawns and towards the trail that headed into the woods just as the first chirping bird sounds began filling the air around him.

Of course, it had been a major struggle for Pathanya to stay on in the army with the leg wound. It had taken him months of recovery and many more months of struggle to learn to walk again without a stagger. Even more months to jog at anything resembling the speeds at which he had been able to before that war. But he had managed to survive and prove to the army doctors that he was still fit for duty. Given his combat record, the army had been somewhat relenting and had given him a chance to pass the Para training course again. And he had.

And during all that time the world had changed. For India, China and Bhutan of course but also Asia and the rest of the world…

Pathanya noticed that he wasn’t alone on the jogging track. He was soon catching up to a group of Paras jogging in unison past the greenery at the Counter-insurgency and Jungle Warfare School or CIJWS where he was currently posted for a brief stint, helping the School supplant its high altitude spec-ops and COIN operational training methods with real combat experience from those that had been involved in the Bhutanese theater during the war.

And those that had survived…he reminded himself as he passed by the jogging soldiers and continued on his lonely path.

Half an hour later he was back at his hut to see his orderly had set up the steaming tea on the table inside. As always. He slowed his jogging and trotted to a stop with his shirt dripping from sweat and his legs burning from the pain. Especially his left thigh. He grimaced at the pain while catching his breath but otherwise ignored it.
“Enjoying the morning, Major?” a voice said behind him as he walked up the steps of his hut, still taking deep breaths. He turned to see an older man in the army field dress walking up to him. He had the SOCOM Operations insignia on his shoulder patch. He also had a smile on his face and the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel. Pathanya stood in attention and saluted which the senior officer returned.

“At ease, Major.”
Pathanya noticed the man was of Tibetan descent. The man ignored Pathanya’s curiosity and turned to see the green leaves of the trees, the chirping of the birds and glanced up to the colorful morning sky.

“Not as lively up in northern Bhutan, is it?” the Lieutenant-Colonel said with a smile. Pathanya was even more curious now than before, but he kept his peace. His records were available to those at SOCOM headquarters. So it was not particularly surprising that the officer knew about his experience.
Hell, the whole nation did at this point thanks to some investigative journalist who had spilled the beans the year after the war got over.
So why was this officer of Tibetan descent spiking his curiosity?

“You don’t know me, Major,” the old man said quaintly. “My name is Lef-tenant-Colonel Gephel and I worked with some special stuff during the war while you were in Bhutan fighting the Chinese.”

Special-stuff…Pathanya thought. He had learnt soon after the war had ended that there had been teams of Paras culled from the Regiment a year before the war had started for some “nasty” work, as Colonel Misra had said to him after the war. That meant inside Tibet. So while Pathanya and his men had been inside Bhutan for about ten days of intensive operations. These men had been inside Tibet far longer than that. Some in the media had even gone as far as alleging that these men of Tibetan descent had been used inside Tibet to instigate the very rebellion against Beijing that had ultimately led to open war between the two nations months later.

Were they really responsible for instigating that war? Pathanya had never been able to convince himself suitably on that one. At first he had found it easy to blame them for the war and the loss of so many lives, including many from his team. But over time he had let that question go as he had realized the complexity of the problem and the precipitous nature of events preluding that war. Besides, if these teams had been used so effectively, someone high up the command must have authorized it? Could it be the reason that Defense-Minister Chakri had mysteriously resigned from his position on the PM’s cabinet a few months after the war?

Could this man be one of them?

So many questions, Pathanya thought. So few answers. He noticed finally that Gephel was holding out his hand to him. He shook it and Gephel didn’t let it go:
“I have been wanting to meet with you ever since I read about you and your men in Bhutan in the newspapers. Despite the fact I work there, you will be surprised how compartmentalized the information is inside SOCOM headquarters. Hell, I know for a fact that you have no clue what I did during the war any more than what I did about yours. Except that yours made it to the media somehow while mine didn’t!” Gephel chuckled.

“Probably better that way too!” he continued. “I doubt many in Delhi would be happy to have the media talking about my role in that nasty mess. But I wanted to meet you in person, Pathanya. You and your men prevented Bhutan from falling to the Chinese. We should have seen that coming, really, but didn’t. And you rescued us from a catastrophic oversight in our planning.” He finally released Pathanya’s hand.

“I am afraid I don’t fully understand, sir.” Pathanya said finally. He meant it.

“Don’t think about it too much, Major. I just wanted to meet you before I leave for Laddakh to help survey our recently established control there.” He sighed. “It has been three years but the wounds haven’t yet healed out there. Hell, I doubt they ever will. All I know is that I will get to smell the gravel of my birthplace once again. It has been three years since I last did that!” He smiled.

“Yes sir.” Pathanya replied. He knew now that this man was who he thought he was. “Were you originally from near there, sir?”
“No. Gyantse in Tibet.” Gephel smiled again:

“But the Aksai-Chin will do for now.”
Last edited by vivek_ahuja on 31 Jan 2013 10:54, edited 2 times in total.
asbchakri
BRFite

Post by asbchakri »

Excellent. The wait is finally over :D

Please continue.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

One helluva a opening post... Looking forward to more...
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Woo hoo....
vila
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vila »

Vivek please let us know when the Chimera hits the stores :)
vivekmehta
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivekmehta »

Breathless ..........
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Amazing... what a opening... its like sachin started Indian innings and Hit 6 on very first ball 8)
gkriish
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gkriish »

let the battle begin......
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Very happy to see a new scenario Vivekji. 100 years to you.
manish.rastogi
BRFite

Post by manish.rastogi »

Life is beautiful again!! :D
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Wow. This is indeed a New year gift. Superb Start from an excellent ending.
I will linger on .

btw when your book is coming out and what is the name that you have decided and who is the winner. Do tell me.
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

when the last scenario ended i thought it would be lul of months in this thread , thanks to vivek we can live those days of anxiety again.

What is the timeline of this scenario??

And when the book is coming, let us know the expected date.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

nash wrote:What is the timeline of this scenario??
Three years after the previous scenario: 2017-2018
And when the book is coming, let us know the expected date.
So here's the update on that:
Harper-Collins has the book and has been favorable so far. Still don't have an exact date yet. I plan on talking with them again early next week for details. However, plans are in play even if they ditch on me. If that happens, Amazon will publish the book for the US/Europe readers to order hard copies off the website while in India I have GoVasool.com and Flipkart ready to collaborate with Amazon on my behalf for local distribution via a local Indian publisher. Obviously this is not as elegant as Harper-Collins publishing and marketing it but its hard to push these genre books into the Indian market. Even harder when you are a "first-time author" in their world. But anyway, I hope to have a decision out by sometime next week.

I have received the draft publications of the novel for proofreading though from both HCI and Amazon. So its all good to go depending on which way the wind will blow. 8)

-Vivek
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

chaanakya wrote:what is the name that you have decided and who is the winner. Do tell me.
The working title for now is Chimera until they make a decision. So in case HCI picks up the book, they will iterate on the name and the cover so I will let you know if they pick one of the BRF suggestions. Else if I am taking the lead via Amazon, then of course I will pick something from here. As I said above, we will know more in a week or so.

-Vivek
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

More more more..ye dil maange more Sir ji :)
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Mods

Can Vivek Ahuja get his own thread? Given the quality of his writing, it definitely merits a separate thread from the scenarios one. Dileep had one, so should Vivek

Vivek,

You have the gift, all you need is a bit of luck.. may you have both!
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Tanaji wrote:Mods

Can Vivek Ahuja get his own thread? Given the quality of his writing, it definitely merits a separate thread from the scenarios one. Dileep had one, so should Vivek

Vivek,

You have the gift, all you need is a bit of luck.. may you have both!
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

I forgot to mention this but the story line of Lieutenant-Colonel Gephel is something that I added in the novel version of Chimera. So his name is not thrown here out of turn. Just FYI.

-Vivek
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

LANZHOU
CENTRAL CHINA
23RD FEBRUARY + 1030 HRS

Pathanya was not the only one recovering from the war. But unlike him, this man was not suffering from nightmares or even posttraumatic aftereffects. This was not to say that he had been shielded from the war. On the contrary, he had been in the center of it. But defeat tends to leave a bitter taste on the lips…

And it certainly had for him.

Feng leaned back in his seat, surrounded by the humming noise of the engines outside the Tu-154 VIP transport aircraft. He turned his head and saw through the small porthole on his right the wingtip of the Russian-built aircraft buffeting and vibrating as the aircraft went under the white cloud floor below. A few seconds later the bright sunlight was replaced with the shaded view of the frozen winter landscape around Lanzhou airbase.

He loosened his uniform tie and leaned back into the seat, closing his eyes. Today was going to prove yet another reminder of a past he would have liked to forget.
No. That wasn’t quite correct. Every day was a constant reminder of the defeat that his country had suffered. But today would be something positive in an otherwise series of bitter existence for him.

Feng fished into his pocket and removed a small shoulder patch that he had kept with him over the past three years.

Well, almost three years…he corrected himself while he stared at it in silence. The patch showed the pre-war embroidered unit logo for the 26TH Air Division’s 76TH Airborne Command and Control Regiment (ACCR). His thoughts took him to the day when he had been given this logo by the deputy-commander of the Division, almost on the verge of tears. That had been two months after the end of hostilities in Tibet and it had been at the home base of that unit.

The commander of that force and the vast majority of the men had lost their lives in the war, either piloting their airplanes, manning their systems or maintaining the aircraft on the ground at the forward airbases. The 26TH Air Division had taken brutal losses in the war and had almost consistently been specifically targeted by the Indians. But that had been expected. This unit’s aircraft and men provided the eyes and ears of the PLAAF. And they had done their job efficiently in the initial days of that war. The attention they garnered from the enemy in the latter days of the conflict were testament to their effectiveness.

To be brutally honest about it, of course. Feng admitted.

But the ballistic missile strikes on Golmud and the Indian nuclear retaliation on Korla had decapitated this unit so thoroughly that instead of raising this unit back up in the immediate post-war months, General Chen had ordered the dismantling of the force until such a time as they could be raised up again. Feng remembered the ceremony when the unit’s colors had been lowered at the airbase and the deputy-commander had handed Feng this patch to prevent this unit’s memories and sacrifices from being forgotten within the massive bureaucratic inertia of the Chinese military.

Feng had not cared at the time one way or another. It had been just another unit that had taken near total losses during the war. One unit among so many others. And in his initial furious rearmament initiatives in the postwar months, the 26TH Division was just a number to him.

Over time that feeling had changed. Feng had realized that the unit’s actions were being passed down the chain to young officers and cadets training to join the air-force. And unlike two specific Fighter-Divisions that he had no intention of raising again, this unit had performed well. There was nothing to be ashamed about this unit’s history.

And certainly, lessons had been learned. Equipment and tactics improved over the past two years…

Feng looked away from the patch in his hand as the aircraft cabin shuddered and he saw the aircraft roaring over the runway with full flaps deployed. The airbase tarmac and the lines of parked H-6s were zipping past his view. A few moments later the aircraft slowed and the flaps retracted while the aircraft rolled off the runway and headed towards the tarmac.

Feng let out a deep breath as he stowed the patch back into his shirt and tightened up the tie. The young female air-force flight-attendant walked over to his seat as Feng was unbuckling the seat-belt.

“Do you need anything, General?”

Feng looked up at the pretty face standing next to his seat and smiled. The young lieutenant standing next to him had said General.

And he was one now. A Lieutenant-General to be exact. The war had been brutal on the senior leadership of the Chinese military as well. Something that had come as quite a shock and surprise to most of the concerned men. So many Generals had either been killed or dismissed from their positions during the war for ineptitude, incompetence and even bad-luck that the upper echelons had become streamlined with relatively younger men.

And so in the immediate post-war months, Feng had found himself awarded the rank at which he had anyway been working all that time at the Junwei-Kongjun in Beijing. General Chen had been promoted to commander of the PLAAF a few months before as Wencang had moved to the position of Defense-Minister under the newly constituted politburo. Wencang had been the de-facto president for over two years at that point. He had taken that time to streamline the upper-command structure of the armed forces. People such as Feng had moved up the chain far more quickly while others had found themselves removed.

It had made the PLAAF a leaner, meaner force.

“No, thank you. Just my coat.” Feng said with a smile that disappeared along with the departing flight-attendant. He got up from his seat just as the aircraft came to a halt on the tarmac and the engine turbines began spooling down. The lieutenant returned with his coat which he put on and buttoned as he walked down to the door. The Lieutenant-Colonel piloting the aircraft stepped out from the cockpit up front in his flight-suit and saluted him. Feng casually returned the favor and nodded before taking his official cap. He stepped through the open door on to the staircase and looked around. The smell of aviation fuel was in the air. The small red-carpet was out. So was the honor-guard near the base of the staircase. And a little distance away the base commander and the Divisional commander were standing on the concrete.
Feng walked down the stairs even as he glanced at the two brand-new KJ-2000 AWACS aircraft and two KJ-200 EW aircraft opposite the lines of spanking new H-6Ks from the 36TH Bomber Division: another unit that had handled itself well during the war.

“General,” the base-commander said as he walked forward to greet Feng. They walked away from the honor guard and towards the two parked SUVs. A few moments later they were heading towards the parked AWACS aircraft, the sunlight glinting off the shiny new paint…
Feng smiled. He turned to the Division commander and the base commander sitting next to him:
“Good job getting these aircraft out so quickly. What’s the status on the rest of them?”

“Progressing as per schedule.”
“Excellent,” Feng nodded. “I want the new crews practicing operations on these aircraft right away. I will get whatever clearances you need for the exercises. Make it as real as possible and incorporate all the changes in doctrine we talked about earlier. Understood?”
“Yes sir.”

“When are you moving to Chengdu?” the base-commander replied.

“Soon. Still have a lot of training and production work to put into effect before I leave Beijing. Too many things going on that require my constant attention. I still have to check out the three new production lines for the Long-Swords that seem to be having some trouble maintain the constant stream of output we had demanded from them. They will fix that or I will have heads rolling.” Feng turned and gave the commander a cruel smile.

“One other thing.” Feng said and then fished into his pocket and removed the shoulder patch. He looked at it one last time before handing it to the new commander of the reconstituted 26TH Air Division. “This was given to me by the former deputy-commander of this unit just after the war. Take care of it within your unit. Show it to the new officers to remind them of the sacrifices made by this unit in defense of the motherland. It will keep their blood boiling while we recover from this shameful pit.”

The Division commander looked at the patch in Feng’s hand in silence and took it from him, examining the embroidery as the jeeps turned towards the parked aircraft.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

B.B.C. RADIO BROADCAST
02 MARCH + 2030 HRS

BEGIN TRANSMISSION// “…and continuing coverage on the terrorist attack on the police station south of Kashgar blamed on Muslim extremists by the regional Chinese military commander. These attacks have expanded in the past couple of years as militants are beginning to move into remote regions of southwestern China from neighboring northeastern Afghanistan, Tajikistan and the lawless northern provinces of northern Pakistan. The suicide attack aimed at the armed-police barracks reportedly claimed the lives of a dozen police officers and thirteen civilians.

“Here to discuss these recent spate of increasing violence in the region is our resident expert on military operations in the region, Ian Sharp. As a reminder to our listeners, Ian was one of the few foreign journalists inside Bhutan during the time of the horrendous nuclear explosions three years ago. He was on the ground and reported first-hand to our listeners and viewers worldwide as the war between India and China went nuclear with devastating consequences to both sides. Since the war, Ian has spent time analyzing the aftereffects of the war in the subcontinent, the withdrawal of the United States from Afghanistan in 2016 and the fall of the Afghan government that happened a few months ago.

“So Ian, what do you make of this recent spate of attacks in these remote western regions of China? Predictable?”
“Oh absolutely. The withdrawal of the United States forces from Afghanistan and the fall of the government in Kabul is basically fueling this rapidly deteriorating situation in the region. And it has only been exasperated by the massively damaging war between India and China: the two nations most people expected to be the bulwark against the rising Islamic extremism in the region. The attack on the police-barracks today, for example, is something that is only likely to increase now that the extremists know that China has been so fatally weakened by its war with India.”

“So you think there is a connection with the increasing spate of terrorist attacks in India since last year?”
“No doubt about it. Pakistan has been the real benefactor from the war between the two Asian giants. The withdrawal of the Americans to their west and the weakened Indian armed forces to the east currently occupied in sealing the recently resolved border issues with the bitterly wary Beijing has allowed Pakistan to really flex its muscles in Afghanistan.”

“But Islamabad denies any help to the Taliban when they started moving into Afghanistan after the American withdrawal.”
“And we can expect them to continue. The point is that with the Taliban expanding themselves yet again into Afghanistan and into the western tips of China in the past few months, Pakistan has been afforded breathing space to clean house, as it were.”

“What is India’s reaction to all this, Ian?”

“The Indian Prime-Minister is still adamant on attempting to develop peaceful ties with not only Islamabad but also Beijing. He is still riding high on popular support for what many in the country see as his role in defeating the Chinese military threat during the war. But these recent months have seen that popularity drop in the face of increasing terror attacks within the country from an increasingly confident Pakistan. But the dismissal of the Indian Defense-Minister Chakri from his cabinet soon after the war signaled to many that the Indian Prime-Minister was once again looking for peace with his neighbors.”

“What about Beijing’s response to these spate of attacks south of Kashgar? Surely the Chinese are not going to let that just happen?”
“Indeed. We can expect a completely hardline response from the newly constituted CMC in Beijing as they try to establish their control over the region following two years of uncertainty at the end of the war with India. In fact, just this morning there were unconfirmed reports that convoys of wheeled armored vehicles were seen arriving at Kashgar from the northeast and that the PLAAF has established control for all operations out of the airbase in the city. Beijing is not going to take this rising threat from Islamic extremism lightly.”

“General Wencang was certainly clear on that this morning, wasn’t he? We will certainly be keeping an eye on the region in the coming days and weeks. Well, that is all the time we have for this discussion. We hope to see you back here, Ian. But I understand you are heading to the middle-east soon. What are the…”
//END BROADCAST
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Nice... So Indian leadership didn't change, huh?

Let's give peace a chance. DESTROY PAKISTAN!
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

China seems like they have built up what they have lost during war and also increasing their offensive and effective capability(long sword), what about India's built up or is it stalled because of spineless PM.
Misraji
BRFite

Post by Misraji »

Actually, this extremism problem that the Chinese are facing may be to our advantage.

China is one of the few members in UN Security council that uses its veto power to Pakistan's advantage.
If the Chinese become convinced that Islamic extremism == Pakistan and that Pakistan must neutered, that would be extremely Chankian.
At the very least, making Pakistan nuke-nude would itself be a BIG step.
The question is, is that goal feasible? Can we nudge China towards such a decision?

While we may want to stay away from any VISIBLE hostile stand against Pakistan in the early moves in this game,
SF forces can be harnessed to do some covert work.

This scenario will be interesting.

--Ashish

PS: Vivek Saar, my gratitude for coming back from a well-deserved break so early ... :)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

china can control uighur extremism and guests from TSP by the simple measure of killing anyone in that region, so if 10 innocents die for every 1 terrorist it doesnt bother beijing. under pressure TSPA will also happilly sell off these faithful (it can always create more later)

soviet union also kept the lid on the faithful in CAR all those years by similar harsh policing.

even TSP routinely bombs and shells villages suspected to harbour the even-for-faithful than PA.

the Sino-TSP alliance is a all weather one.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Methinks after the bitter experience and the close miss of the previous scenario, the *PLA* owned PRC might not seek into another fight with India. Not unless things in eastern half (the part that matters) of China itself are getting worse or there is considerable genuine groundswell for a fresh round. I guess the latter again might not happen in a controlled society such as China where the royals want to save face at any cost. Then why exactly is Wencang arming again, hain? Just to rebuild the broken war machine in the West?

PS: I am glad to see that TSP became stronger after the Second Indo-China War. :evil:
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

What happened to feng?? Wasn't he the second in command after wencang???
k prasad
BRFite

Post by k prasad »

Small possible typo Vivekji - in Sharp's interview, should "exasperated" instead be "exacerbated"?

Very interesting political trend btw.... not at all unrealistic, to have the public believe that the PM is responsible for the strong response in the war and re-elect him.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the signs look ominous...Cheen is pumping iron and running miles like mr.balboa in rocky-IV

meantime our Defmin got managed out and we re-elected a weasel of a PM with a aman ki tamasha fetish stuck in his head like a broken LP record even after getting his fond beliefs trashed :evil:

dark days are coming for sure...when BR's collective faith in the ruling class will be harshly tested :idea:

interviewer to Ahuja sir: whats your prediction for the fight?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TxiVhrkZA
Misraji
BRFite

Post by Misraji »

Singha wrote:china can control uighur extremism and guests from TSP by the simple measure of killing anyone in that region, so if 10 innocents die for every 1 terrorist it doesnt bother beijing. under pressure TSPA will also happilly sell off these faithful (it can always create more later)
soviet union also kept the lid on the faithful in CAR all those years by similar harsh policing.
even TSP routinely bombs and shells villages suspected to harbour the even-for-faithful than PA.
the Sino-TSP alliance is a all weather one.
Yup. The 10-for-1 mess. That might do the trick.
However one wonders where Sino-TSP alliance would be after TSP refused to help them in the 1st war.... :D

--Ashish
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

vivek_ahuja wrote:
chaanakya wrote:what is the name that you have decided and who is the winner. Do tell me.
The working title for now is Chimera until they make a decision. So in case HCI picks up the book, they will iterate on the name and the cover so I will let you know if they pick one of the BRF suggestions. Else if I am taking the lead via Amazon, then of course I will pick something from here. As I said above, we will know more in a week or so.

-Vivek
As long as they have or you have not picked one , the option to suggest names is open.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

chaanakya wrote:As long as they have or you have not picked one , the option to suggest names is open.
Absolutely. :)