Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Dec 25, 2012

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - Dec 25, 2012

Post by Singha »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Chalabi

let no one believe that even a clever operator like chalabi could fool the US establishment on fake WMD. they wanted to invade iraq and chalabi was just a convenient "dissident" face to use as a hook at the time. all this falling out was probably a deal for him to take his cut and retire, while gotus got to rule iraq and laugh off the WMD thing as a fabrication by unreliable sources.

did Obama ever dare to question the whole premise? of course not.
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

Woman Raped for Leaving Islam
Attacked by her own family, one Muslim’s decision to convert to Christianity highlights the precarious situation of Muslims in Pakistan who leave their faith.

Sehar Muhammad Shafi, 24, has fled her home city of Karachi with her husband and two young daughters after being attacked and raped for changing her faith.
In 1999, Shafi began work for a medical company, Glaxo Wellcome plc, where she focused her energy on proselytizing a co-worker, a Christian named Naveed Paul. Paul had an interest in apologetics and engaged Shafi in religious discussions, inviting her to church with him.

Four years later, Shafi decided to become a Christian, and a local pastor secretly baptized her. “I had shared Islam with [Paul] and wanted to convert him, but instead I realized that my life was empty without Jesus,” Shafi said
Shafi’s family was not aware of her conversion, but sometimes they would beat her when they found her singing Psalms to herself. Once they ripped up a Bible they discovered her reading
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

Pakistan to build amusement park in Osama bin Laden town
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -town.html
Pakistan has unveiled plans for a huge amusement park in the town where Osama bin Laden was shot dead by American special forces, complete with a zoo, mini golf course and water sports.
Rajdeep
BRFite

Post by Rajdeep »

Pakistani military hits out over abuse allegations
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... tions.html
Last week, Human Rights Watch published its annual global review, which delivered a withering account of problems in Pakistan. It accused the government of failing to act against abuses by the security and intelligence agencies, which have rounded up thousands of Taliban suspects.
At the same time, the report said there was a widespread perception that state authorities turned a blind eye to attacks on the persecuted Shia minority and called for the government to investigate allegations of collusion between Sunni militant groups, military intelligence, and paramilitary forces.

“Pakistan’s human rights crisis worsened markedly in 2012 with religious minorities bearing the brunt of killings and repression,” said Ali Dayan Hasan, Pakistan director at Human Rights Watch.

“While the military continued to perpetrate abuses with impunity in Baluchistan and beyond, Sunni extremists killed hundreds of Shia Muslims and the Taliban attacked schools, students, and teachers.”
kenop
BRFite

Post by kenop »

Rajdeep wrote:Pakistan to build amusement park in Osama bin Laden town
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -town.html
Pakistan has unveiled plans for a huge amusement park in the town where Osama bin Laden was shot dead by American special forces, complete with a zoo, mini golf course and water sports.
Must be Fauji foundation hiring out the facilities of the academy.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Ali Dayan Hasan is one of the truly few progressive and liberal people in Pakistan and has spoken out against baloch genocide, shia murders and now army brutality. He is increasingly the target of fake insinuations in establishment sponsored rags. I fear for his safety.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

kancha wrote:Woman Raped for Leaving Islam
Attacked by her own family, one Muslim’s decision to convert to Christianity highlights the precarious situation of Muslims in Pakistan who leave their faith.

Sehar Muhammad Shafi, 24, has fled her home city of Karachi with her husband and two young daughters after being attacked and raped for changing her faith.
In 1999, Shafi began work for a medical company, Glaxo Wellcome plc, where she focused her energy on proselytizing a co-worker, a Christian named Naveed Paul. Paul had an interest in apologetics and engaged Shafi in religious discussions, inviting her to church with him.

Four years later, Shafi decided to become a Christian, and a local pastor secretly baptized her. “I had shared Islam with [Paul] and wanted to convert him, but instead I realized that my life was empty without Jesus,” Shafi said
Shafi’s family was not aware of her conversion, but sometimes they would beat her when they found her singing Psalms to herself. Once they ripped up a Bible they discovered her reading
Islam is a religion of peace. Islam respects all religions. Even Quran says Jesus, Abraham etc are prophets of the book and Muhammed is just their descendant. Islam doesnt support violence or rape. Even killing one human being is same as killing the whole humanity.

This is a propaganda to defame islam and muslims.

P.s: Muslims have a right to behead anyone who insults islam and muslims.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

arun wrote:X Posted from the “Pakistan arms sales, ops, doctrine etc.” thread.

Green on Green Intra-Mohammadden violence by way of a demonstration of the IEDology of Pakistan results in the Ununiformed Jihadi’s killing two Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan:

Must be pretty confusing to belong to an Army whose motto touts “Jihad in the Path of Allah” or in Urdu “jihad fi sabilillah” and then get killed by others also claiming to wage Jihad:

Two soldiers killed in Orakzai IED blast

No wonder as Anujan had said it has become jihad-e- fistula or Pain-inda-butt.

In an Islamist state the slogan "Islam khatre me hain" or Islam is in danger leads to green on green violence as the kafirs and dhimmis are already expelled or killed.
In the limit, to use calculus lingo, the color will tend to dark green.

Western Europe also was like that and led to the Nazi Holocaust.
Before that they had a millenium of warfare (from fall of Rome ~450AD to Treaty of Westphalia 1648) disguised as assertion of states hegemony or dynastic swell and ebb.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

RajeshA wrote:
anupmisra wrote:Ask a German why the Nazis murdered six million Jews and he will probably give you the same lame argument going back to the Elders of Zion.
hardly! :) How many Germans did you hear say that?
Many.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

In the limit, to use calculus lingo, the color will tend to dark green.
The color of Islam actually is not Green. It is Black. It was the Black flag that Mohammed brandished when he went on loot campaigns. The Taliban rightly wear the black turban. Green was the color of the dome of the Al Aqsa church converted to mosque. The color green was appropriated just as the direction of praying changed..
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

islam appropriated almost all its ritual practices from early christianity
RSoami
BRFite

Post by RSoami »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/malik-sir ... 12306.html

Human Rights fellow is being threatened in Pakistan as expected for questioning the army.
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

Idols, flags, colors, arts etc are kafur inventions, Islamists are picky is what they call blasphemous, science is not kafur if science comes in the form of guns to kill kafur and those of a green shade that pales in from of their own, I think it is worth highlighting this point, so TSPA use stones and swords to fight us rather than use kafur science, exactly the way prescribed by Mohammad(piss be upon him)
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

anupmisra wrote:
anupmisra wrote:Ask a German why the Nazis murdered six million Jews and he will probably give you the same lame argument going back to the Elders of Zion.
RajeshA wrote: hardly! :) How many Germans did you hear say that?
Many.
Mind Elaborating it just a bit more. I'll be interested. Perhaps in the OT Thread.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

RajeshA wrote: Mind Elaborating it just a bit more. I'll be interested. Perhaps in the OT Thread.
Rajesh, if you dont believe my word, that's your call. I know my German friends well (both in the US and Germany) and what they think how history treats them. I don't need to elaborate any further. It's OT and let's move on.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

70 Lashkar informers tailing Indian army
Currently according to a report by the Intelligence Bureau, there are at least 70 persons working on the border areas who facilitate infiltrations into India. Not only do these persons help Lashkar operatives cross over into India, but also provide with crucial logistics about the Indian army. These persons provide crucial details about the movement of the Indian forces which not only helps the Lashkar but also the Pakistan army make its moves.

For the recent operation, the Lashkar had hired a person by the name Ismail Langda to carry out this operation and he was paid a sum of Rs 5 lakh for the same. An intelligence bureau report states that these persons who are hired for the job are locals and their job is to provide information on the security agencies in India. They are hired on a salary of Rs 40000 per month and a special amount is paid on successful completion of an operation.

They are first chosen by head hunters of these terrorist groups and later sent to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan where they undergo training. For the first couple of months of being sent into the operation, they just settle into the place and get themselves acclimatised with the areas and also the operations of the Indian forces. They are strictly informed not to use telephones or emails to communicate information. All the information that is passed on is through word of mouth for which they have a fixed set of moles, the report states.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Random thoughts
Pir Xerox Khan Vs Pir Qadri Khan, Bring in More Islam
( Buffoon Vs Raccoon in Half Moon )
The latest symptom of this illness was seen in the drama enacted on the streets of Islamabad by a foreign national from Canada. He captivated the nation for 72 hours by his show, thanks to the full backing of powerful financers and the pervasive media. The way thousands of men, women and children were kept hostage to a self-styled pir reminds me of an incident.In the 1960s, the late Pir of Pagaro, Syed Ali Mardan Shah, a great patriot and a dear friend of mine, was sitting in the Haram at Makkah. Maulana Zafar Ahmad Ansari, a veteran leader of the Pakistan Movement, was sitting with him. As usual, pilgrims were performing Tawaf. One Pir from Rawalpindi, who was known for his connections to the rulers of the time, was also in that crowd. Suddenly he discontinued his Tawaf and started making the motions of embracing someone. When Pir Pagaro saw this, he became extremely serious. He summoned the Pir in a strong, angry tone, who immediately came. “What on earth were you doing? Pir Pagaro asked. “I was embracing the Prophet,” the Pir explained. Hearing these words, Pir Sahib turned red with fury and grabbed him by the collar. “How dare you say that? Have you gone out of your mind? Is there any shame left in you? Are you totally without fear of God? You have the cheek to enact this drama here, in front of the House of Allah?”Maulana Ansari became alarmed at the situation. The Pir was left speechless. Pir Pagaro did not loosen his grip. Addressing Maulana Ansari, he said: “Maulana, I am going to kill this man here and now if he does not repent and promise not to do this again.” It was upon Maulana Ansari’s intervention that the problem was solved. The Pir of Rawalpindi sincerely apologised to the two gentlemen, solemnly promising not to indulge in such farce again in his life, inside or outside the H
aram.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Any new updates on Pakistan Nobel Prize winning takniki break-thru namely, the WaterKit car from Professor Agha Waqar, PhD, DSc, MSc, HSC?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Covering up the truth
by Asif Ezdi
The ‘revelations’ made in recent weeks by retired lieutenant general Shahid Aziz on the Pakistan Army’s involvement in the Kargil war of 1999 have added little to our knowledge of those events
Musharraf has predictably denied any responsibility for the fiasco and denigrated Aziz, a former confidante, as a “characterlessCharitraheen” person.
Following Aziz’s allegations, Musharraf has again claimed that the Kargil operation was a “big success militarily,” and that if Nawaz Sharif had not sought US diplomatic intervention, Pakistan would have “conquered” 300 square miles of Indian-held territory in Kashmir.
According to Ziauddin, Musharraf had actually pleaded with Nawaz to find a diplomatic way to enable the army to extricate itself from the imbroglio in which Musharraf had pushed it.
the Indians “overreacted” to Pakistan’s occupation of the Kargil heights by bringing into action their air force, four divisions and a heavy concentration of artillery and resorting to “mass attacks” to dislodge our troops.
Opposition leader Chaudhry Nisar Ali also claimed last week that he possessed evidence to prove that Musharraf withheld information about the operation from Nawaz.
The country is still feeling the negative impact of the reckless adventurism of Musharraf and his co-conspirators, and their lust for power.
An inquiry into Kargil is necessary
A handful of top generals drew up a foolhardy plan of operations on the basis of mistaken assumptions and were able to put it into action without let or hindrance, in the process bringing the country to the brink of full-scale war.
Inquiry commissions have mostly been set up in Pakistan not to find the truth but to cover it up, especially when top leaders or the military establishment are suspected of being involved.
AoA. Watch for more skeletons coming out of the closet.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

India must compromise — Hussa- in Ghuussa

Ik Poaqer dekho Nyara,Ik Poakee dekho Nyarra. Aqal Ka Maara , Rovee yeh Becharra,Haath Pakro Tum Hamara,Phatt Jayega Gubaara

e
In one of my recent articles on Kashmir that I wrote right before the entire Line of Control (LoC) debacle between India and Pakistan, I mentioned how India was not doing enough, and did not appear to be serious in striking peace with Pakistan, and all for a good reason. Peace with Pakistan means stability in Pakistan, as Pakistan has more at stake with India in having peace, and that might not be in the best interest of India at the moment. Looking from a geopolitical perspective, India would rather let Pakistan bleed a little more before striking a peace deal so as to bring Pakistan to a weaker bargaining position. The entire LoC event seems to have proved my basic point, and that is the fact that India, and especially its radical media, is not prepared for peace with Pakistan and is going the extra mile to delegitimise the country at international forums. On the other hand, Pakistan is going out of its way, at times appearing desperate, for cordial relations with India. While we tend to criticise the government of Pakistan and the army for manipulating history and instigating propaganda against India, we ignore how Indians have done the same in their country, hence making it difficult for the Indian public to change their perception about Pakistan, especially after events like Mumbai 2008, and the recent clash on the LoC. Two wrongs do not make a right indeed, but the credit goes to our public, politicians, and media for at least being on a welcoming foot with our Indian visitors, especially with the cricket team, musicians, and actors.

While I am a big fan of India and dream of the of the day when I could randomly get in my car in Lahore and drive to Amritsar for food.but unfortunately, watching the sensationalist and radical Indian media, and how the Indian government sent the Pakistani musicians and sporting teams packing home is a serious disappointment. It makes one question whether India is really an open society as it projects itself in the media and the movies or whether beneath this thin layer of liberalism, openness and tolerance is a volcano of hate and prejudice against Pakistan, especially at a time when Pakistan is open for dialogue. Pakistan might mix religion with politics every now and then, but across the border in India whether it is sports, music, or entertainment, they like to mix everything with politics too.Also, Dr Yaqoob Bangash, an assistant professor of History at the FC College in Lahore, who recently wrote a piece on Kashmir claiming that an average Pakistani would rather work in India than be bothered about Kashmir, has reportedly been harassed at Jaipur by Indian immigration officials. What is dangerous is when people like Dr Bangash, who have a positive stance about India, get a reality check, the entire peace ream fades away into a mere rhetorical fantasy. It has begun to appear, especially looking at how the Indians and their media has reacted to the LoC event, that India is as fixated, if not more, on Pakistan, as we in Pakistan believe that our army is obsessed with India — something that needs to stop.I have repeatedly voiced my opinion, especially for the ears of Indian policymakers, that there can be no peace in the region without India compromising as a big brother. In basic conflict resolution theory, the bigger power has to, and it should make more concessions to appease the smaller and weaker party, which is insecure. The route to peace in the region that India is taking by systematically bleeding and delegitimising Pakistan will only prove to be disastrous for the region. More instability in Pakistan means instability in India under the domino effect. India perhaps does not realise that it might be making the same mistake that Pakistan made in Afghanistan under its ‘strategic depth’ policy. :roll:

It is about time India take the wool of arrogance off its eyes, :eek: and end its obsession with Pakistan. Moreover, the Indian media needs to act in a more responsible and a mature way to allow peace to survive between the two countries. But looking from the Indian point of view, as much as the Pakistan army needs the fear of India to perpetuate its purpose of existence, the hawks in India need the fear of Pakistan to keep its public busy away from the real issues of inequality, poverty, and injustice that are slowly rusting the image of Indian prowess in the world.
Last edited by Prem on 05 Feb 2013 04:12, edited 1 time in total.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Give peace a chance. Destroy Pakistan.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Modi and a pluralistic democracySau mera Raw shidh

Modi uncompromising Prophet. Djinna Kaa Baccha; Baat Karre Sasta. Tu Hain Kaun, Kisne Tummhe Bulaya. India Ke Affairs Mey, Tuu Kya Lagta hai Taya?
India was envisioned by its founding fathers as a pluralistic democracy, which would reflect the cultural, political, and religious aspirations of its diverse communities. The political vision of its founders was democratic and inclusive, but their economic vision was socialist; the former has seen an uninterrupted progress but the latter suffered rough jolts with the demise of communism and the sluggish pace of the Indian economy. In the early 1990s, the political leadership began fiddling with laissez faire economics and introduced a flurry of reforms to liberalise markets. Consequently, liberalisation of the economy has lifted millions of Indians from poverty and vaulted India onto the world stage as a leading economic power. Opening up of the markets has also created an assertive and vibrant middle class that is demanding accountability, transparency and meritocracy, and leaders like Anna Hazare and Arwind Kejriwal are spearheading the new reforms movements .As the clamour for good governance grows, Elections 2014 could posit new dilemmas and opportunities for the Indian electorate. Mr Narendra Modi, the thrice-elected chief minister of Gujarat, a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader, is being projected as the next prime minister of India in the Indian media. He was the top pick for the candidature of prime minister in an opinion poll conducted by India Today Group-ORG in 2012. A majority of respondents voted for him while Rahul Gandhi, the scion of the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty, lagged far behind him in the poll.
What could be the reason for Modi’s popularity? First, his governance and administrative capabilities are impeccable, as shown by the dazzling growth statistics of Gujarat. Its economy has grown at an average of 10 percent each year for a decade, which equals the growth rate of China. Agricultural growth has increased by an average of 10.97 percent per annum, the highest in India. Gujarat is the only place in the whole country where industrial units, commercial businesses and farmers can get uninterrupted electricity for nearly 24 hours a day.Secondly, Modi’s reputation has not been tainted with any corruption scandal. Compared to him, the Congress leaders are mired to their knees in corruption. Therefore, he comes across as a committed and dedicated leader.nd third, Modi has charisma and star quality. Possessing excellent oratorical skills, he turns his rallies into interactive sessions where the leader and the masses are engaged in verbal sallies, lampooning and ridiculing political opponents that range from Sonia behn to Rs 500 million girlfriend-turned-wife of the Union Minister, Shashi Tharoor.That said, Modi has a dark side too — his alleged complicity in igniting the Muslim pogrom in Gujarat in 2002. As a chief minister, his decision of allowing Hindu nationalists to parade the bodies of victims who perished in the Godhra train fire; his public statement that violence was ‘a spontaneous reaction of the Hindus’; and that refugee camps, which housed thousands of Muslims displaced by riots, ‘as baby-making factories’ reflected callousness, insensitivity and partisanship. To the discomfort of Indian Muslims, so far Modi has not shown any remorse for the worst-ever communal riots to hit Gujarat since independence.Notwithstanding this taint of communal partisanship, corporate India and the educated Hindu middle classes support Modi because he appears as their best bet to deliver the goals of free market reforms, better administration and transparency.So a question arises: could political pluralism, with its emphasis on affirmative action, different civil codes and quotas, be reconciled with economic entrepreneurship and efficiency?but any society is also a consumer of intangible goods — freedom of speech, freedom of expression and free exercise of cultural and religious rights. Thus, if a member in any diverse society cannot criticise a political leader, or protest through peaceful assembly or practise his religious faith freely, then denial of these rights would rend apart that society and even a good pace of economic productivity would never glue together different segments of that society.
Turning a page from history, let us take the example of Adolf Hitler. Hitler was not a dishonest person but a fraudulent leader because he showed his people a false dream: Germany could become a great power by excluding other groups from its political, social and economic order. Under his rule, Germany made tremendous industrial progress and recovered more quickly than any other war-ravaged country, but his parochial vision and political exclusivity eventually reduced it to rubble again.Having said that, in the coming months, as the political parties of India fine-tune their manifestoes and shortlist prime ministerial candidates, the Indian electorate must watch for a party and a candidate that promises to provide good governance along with inclusive political partnership.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Nothing new here but just to mention it--
kerry the new secretary of tsp said in his confirmation of the position-
uncle aid to terroristan should not be cut as it would be a "dramatic, draconian and sledge-hammer" measure.
its role in helping uncle to kill osama should not be underestimated. :P
did talk about Malala and Dr Afridi but nothing about baluchistan killings.

tsp should be according him a red green carpet welcome.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

One nitpick
krisna wrote:kerry the new secretary Viceroy of tsp.
Pakistan gets a new 'Mai Baap'

The more things change, the more they remain the same.
Expect more of India Pakistan equal equal onlee > pakistan khush hua
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

May Kurry have intesting time dealing with Koreans, Syrians, Iranians, Egyptians, Malians and literally Timbuktuans. May Pukees feel betrayed by their favorite fu(k buddy who has no time for them.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

looks like along with pakistan studies pakis are also schooled well in finding conspiracies against them.

Conspiracy Theory: Some want Pakistan cricket isolated, says PCB
Without elaborating who these people were who wanted to keep Pakistan cricket isolated internationally, Zaka Ashraf said arrangements for the Super League were continuing at full steam.
momeen does not need to elaborate anything
PCB chairman, Zaka Ashraf believes there are elements who don't want to see the revival of international cricket in Pakistan and neither do they want the Super League Twenty20 tournament to be held on time.

"I am aware there is a conspiracy to keep Pakistan isolated in the cricket world. But we have not given up hope and we are confident we can organize the super league T20 and also this will lead to revival of international cricket in Pakistan," Ashraf said on a television channel.
Brad Goodman
BRF Oldie

Post by Brad Goodman »

some good news. Finally I might see the paki rupee soaring to new heights against USD. May be we see the 100 mark soon

Pakistan trudges a risky economic path
A RECENTLY released State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) report reveals that Pakistan's total debit liability has risen to 15.2 trillion rupees (S$192.5 billion). At 68.4 per cent of Pakistan's gross domestic product (GDP), this is "unsustainable". Two years ago, it was 56.7 per cent. Under the law, the debt should not exceed 60 per cent of GDP.

The debt burden is ballooning due to the uncontrolled federal budget deficit, excessive borrowings, and rupee depreciation. With election year spending, the deficit is set to increase during the current financial year ending June.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) team that visited Pakistan recently on post programme evaluation considered this deficit level to be "too high", which can only be sustained by countries that enjoy greater access to financial markets and can borrow easily. Pakistan, on the contrary, has been unsuccessfully trying to float US$500 million worth of euro bonds for the last three years.

With foreign exchange reserves at less than US$9 billion and "in the wake of dried up capital inflows and lowest investment"; the government seems to be seeking ways to return to the IMF support facility. The last IMF facility was suspended mid-course in 2010, due to failure to fulfil agreed conditions.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Jhujar wrote: India must compromise — Hussa- in Ghuussa

Ik Poaqer dekho Nyara,Ik Poakee dekho Nyarra. Aqal Ka Maara , Rovee yeh Becharra,Haath Pakro Tum Hamara,Phatt Jayega Gubaara

e
In one of my recent articles on Kashmir that I wrote right before the entire Line of Control (LoC) debacle between India and Pakistan, I mentioned how India was not doing enough, and did not appear to be serious in striking peace with Pakistan, and all for a good reason. Peace with Pakistan means stability in Pakistan, as Pakistan has more at stake with India in having peace, and that might not be in the best interest of India at the moment. Looking from a geopolitical perspective, India would rather let Pakistan bleed a little more before striking a peace deal so as to bring Pakistan to a weaker bargaining position. The entire LoC event seems to have proved my basic point, and that is the fact that India, and especially its radical media, is not prepared for peace with Pakistan and is going the extra mile to delegitimise the country at international forums. On the other hand, Pakistan is going out of its way, at times appearing desperate, for cordial relations with India. While we tend to criticise the government of Pakistan and the army for manipulating history and instigating propaganda against India, we ignore how Indians have done the same in their country, hence making it difficult for the Indian public to change their perception about Pakistan, especially after events like Mumbai 2008, and the recent clash on the LoC. Two wrongs do not make a right indeed, but the credit goes to our public, politicians, and media for at least being on a welcoming foot with our Indian visitors, especially with the cricket team, musicians, and actors.

While I am a big fan of India and dream of the of the day when I could randomly get in my car in Lahore and drive to Amritsar for food.but unfortunately, watching the sensationalist and radical Indian media, and how the Indian government sent the Pakistani musicians and sporting teams packing home is a serious disappointment. It makes one question whether India is really an open society as it projects itself in the media and the movies or whether beneath this thin layer of liberalism, openness and tolerance is a volcano of hate and prejudice against Pakistan, especially at a time when Pakistan is open for dialogue. Pakistan might mix religion with politics every now and then, but across the border in India whether it is sports, music, or entertainment, they like to mix everything with politics too.Also, Dr Yaqoob Bangash, an assistant professor of History at the FC College in Lahore, who recently wrote a piece on Kashmir claiming that an average Pakistani would rather work in India than be bothered about Kashmir, has reportedly been harassed at Jaipur by Indian immigration officials. What is dangerous is when people like Dr Bangash, who have a positive stance about India, get a reality check, the entire peace ream fades away into a mere rhetorical fantasy. It has begun to appear, especially looking at how the Indians and their media has reacted to the LoC event, that India is as fixated, if not more, on Pakistan, as we in Pakistan believe that our army is obsessed with India — something that needs to stop.I have repeatedly voiced my opinion, especially for the ears of Indian policymakers, that there can be no peace in the region without India compromising as a big brother. In basic conflict resolution theory, the bigger power has to, and it should make more concessions to appease the smaller and weaker party, which is insecure. The route to peace in the region that India is taking by systematically bleeding and delegitimising Pakistan will only prove to be disastrous for the region. More instability in Pakistan means instability in India under the domino effect. India perhaps does not realise that it might be making the same mistake that Pakistan made in Afghanistan under its ‘strategic depth’ policy. :roll:

It is about time India take the wool of arrogance off its eyes, :eek: and end its obsession with Pakistan. Moreover, the Indian media needs to act in a more responsible and a mature way to allow peace to survive between the two countries. But looking from the Indian point of view, as much as the Pakistan army needs the fear of India to perpetuate its purpose of existence, the hawks in India need the fear of Pakistan to keep its public busy away from the real issues of inequality, poverty, and injustice that are slowly rusting the image of Indian prowess in the world.

Bhaarata's answer to Paki army and associated RAPE and Mullahs : We shall have peace... We shall have peace, when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace, when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they died against the gates of the Hornberg, are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows...! We shall have peace.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Anujan wrote:Ali Dayan Hasan is one of the truly few progressive and liberal people in Pakistan and has spoken out against baloch genocide, shia murders and now army brutality. He is increasingly the target of fake insinuations in establishment sponsored rags. I fear for his safety.
Question- I am not clued in to their nomenclature - does his name suggest he is Shia? If he is, well one more reason for being cuttled.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Remember the jernail with revelations against mushy? Seems his book is a pile of pakistaniyat.

http://thespokesman.pk/index.php/restur ... id-hussain

He presents his own vision of an Islamic system devoid of democracy where pious and religious men will run the country. He brags a lot about his love for Islam and his piety. But he was not known to be as pious as he pretends to be in the Army.
I recall seeing him in early 1999, soon after he joined the ISI, at a top businessman’s party in Islamabad whose salon was frequented by top military officials. He was obviously intoxicated—and believe me not by a soft drink.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Apparently TTP spokesman gave an interview on live TV on Meher Bokari show. That motorma if you recall had photos of her partying in the US consulate and being very cosy to TFPEs leak out (Google for it). After which she has become very pious.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Anujan wrote:Remember the jernail with revelations against mushy? Seems his book is a pile of pakistaniyat.

http://thespokesman.pk/index.php/restur ... id-hussain

He presents his own vision of an Islamic system devoid of democracy where pious and religious men will run the country. He brags a lot about his love for Islam and his piety. But he was not known to be as pious as he pretends to be in the Army.
I recall seeing him in early 1999, soon after he joined the ISI, at a top businessman’s party in Islamabad whose salon was frequented by top military officials. He was obviously intoxicated—and believe me not by a soft drink.
In his TV interview where he made the revelation about mushy he admitted that he had connections with the islamic right wingers.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

No one killed today in shitland? No soosai? wtf. No bombs? No attack on military targets? Bad day.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 353631.cms
NEW DELHI: Pakistan is a "fake" country which was created artificially by the Britishers who started the "bogus two-nation theory", Press Council of India chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju said here on Tuesday.
:rotfl:

Remember how he became the darling of RAPE class the moment he made some controversial statements about India and Indians? He was also given op-ed space in Paki papers. :lol:
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

peace at any cost or aman ki asha zam-zam cola can be in different flavours. Even though he said that TSP is an artificial construct, he doesn't say it has to be done away with. He just doesn't want the war hysteria as India like TSP is poor only. ==
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

partha wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 353631.cms
NEW DELHI: Pakistan is a "fake" country which was created artificially by the Britishers who started the "bogus two-nation theory", Press Council of India chairman Justice (retd) Markandey Katju said here on Tuesday.
:rotfl:

Remember how he became the darling of RAPE class the moment he made some controversial statements about India and Indians? He was also given op-ed space in Paki papers. :lol:
This is the Nehruvian view of Two-Nation Theory with which many Nehruvians try to score brownie points with nationalist minded Indians, but in fact it is a slap on our nation.

Islamic South Asia
member_22872
BRFite

Post by member_22872 »

May be one of the two can benefit India which ever is earlier, break up of TSP or complete rout of INC in every election for at least couple of decades.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Remember how he became the darling of RAPE class the moment he made some controversial statements about India and Indians?
Katju types are firmly WKKs. They are firmly bedded to the belief that Paki's are like Indians so why the separation. The root cause of his statement is that belief. Not anything against Paikhanistan. Since he likes shooting his mouth off like the cocky old sod that he is..such statements are par for the course for him.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

shiv wrote:No one killed today in shitland? No soosai? wtf. No bombs? No attack on military targets? Bad day.
Er.. maybe its a cycle. Monday/Tuesday is the ebb and rises to a crescendo on the Islamic sabbath of Fri-din.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

shiv wrote:No one killed today in shitland? No soosai? wtf. No bombs? No attack on military targets? Bad day.
This is Kufr and great insult to the Jihadi Spirit of Pakichickani Choochas .
But Look, Poaq-Allah has intervened to not fail them for a day.

http://dawn.com/2013/02/05/over-10-kill ... voc-in-kp/
.Thirty killed as rain plays havoc in KP
PESHAWAR: Around 30 people were reported killed in rain-related incidents in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, DawnNews reported.Four children were killed and nine others were injured after roof’s of a number of houses collapsed in various areas of Peshawar.Three people were killed in Badrashi Nowshera and Nizampur, while seven others were injured.Meanwhile in Buner, two people were killed and four others were injured when they were hit by an avalanche. Another three people were killed in a similar incident in Shangla.In Swabu Gadoon Muhajir camp, a roof collapsed in which two children were killed and eight others were injured.Four people were killed after a roof collaped in Haripur, two other people were injured.A roof collapsed in Laki Marwat killing one woman. Two people were killed in Mardan, while six others were injured. In Karak, two people died and 12 others were injured.In Charsadda a roof collapsed, in which one person was killed and four others were injured. In Swat one woman was killed and four others were injured. In Banu Datakhal, one person was killed and two others were injured, sources said.In Bara Jamrud a house collapsed due to rains, leaving four people from one family dead.Heavy rains and snowfall has paralysed life in many areas of the province and in the adjacent tribal are