Sri Lanka - News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Re: Sri Lanka - News and Discussion

Post by Prasad »

A little kid was killed. Irrespective of whether he was a child-soldier or an innocent little kid who happened to be an a$$holes son doesn't mean that his death isn't tragic. Does that mean the death of any other child in the last 50 years of sinhala-tamil conflict isn't? Of course not. That is stupid.

Could we please look at what GoI is going to do wrt getting GoSL to clean up its act and work on genuine integration of the tamils into the country? Another case of disillusioned section of the country having to fight to get equal status shouldn't occur.

Asking questions like why should we care about what happens in SL to tamils or sinhalese is being shortsighted. Anything that happens in our periphery is our headache. We all know how quick the meddlesome folks are to exploit any situation in our periphery and work it against us. So not interfering is out of the question.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

If I may, I'd like to share how I see it
  • Sri Lankan Tamils are not Indian Tamils, so going by the Westphalian nation-state model, we are not responsible for them.
  • Bharat, in the larger sense, has an innate responsibility for the well-being of all the people in the Indian Subcontinent.
  • LTTE was an organization led by a leadership Adharmic in allegiance and adharmic in conduct. It has support from Adharmics from outside the Subcontinent.
  • Adharmic LTTE leadership were leading a Dharmic people, the Sri Lankan Tamils, by duping them, claiming Dharmic nature and agenda for themselves, which was not the case.
  • Adharmic LTTE leadership has a lot of Dharmic blood on its hands - both Buddhist Sinhalese and Sanatanic Sri Lankan Tamil, AND INDIAN.
  • LTTE (leadership) was an organization supported by some prominent Adharmics in India, aka crypto-Christians.
  • It is good that the Buddhist Sinhalese, a Dharmic group, put an end to the Adharmic LTTE leadership.
  • It is incumbent upon India that these these two Dharmic groups - the Buddhist Sinhalese and the Sanatanic Sri Lankan Tamils can get along with each other and both can prosper.
  • It is best to be wary about what the Adharmics in India demand, for though Indians, their intentions may not be Dharmic.
  • The Prabhakaran kid belonged to an Adharmic institution, with a huge heap of adharma to its credit, and he was finished of as part of the Adharmic institution
  • The finishing off could have been done perhaps in a different way, but that depends on how the Dharmic Sri Lanka Army felt about its own capacity to deal with the issue differently.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Chetak: I don't care for LTTE, but for aam admi. Sinhalese have not treated tamilians properly. My heart cannot support any regime that slights a community. Simple. If SL cannot figure it out, then India has to step in. I did not understand your last comment.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

There should be a ban on the usage of the word dharmic in BRF, there is no end to stupidity these days. The Buddhists in SL have pushed other humans including Hindus into second rate citizens
What part of this is difficult to people waxing eloquence in other dharmic threads.
Last edited by SwamyG on 22 Feb 2013 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SwamyG wrote:Chetak: I don't care for LTTE, but for aam admi. Sinhalese have not treated tamilians properly. My heart cannot support any regime that slights a community. Simple. If SL cannot figure it out, then India has to step in. I did not understand your last comment.
ltte (leadership) ≠majority Hindu tamillians, saar.

The leadership was then and is even now, exclusively xtian. The org is defined by the leadership and not the foot soldiers

How lanka treats it's tamillians should bother us, why? Do we not object to eyrabs and pakidogooders pointing out how we allegedly treat our minorities??
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

RajeshA wrote:If I may, I'd like to share how I see it
  • Sri Lankan Tamils are not Indian Tamils, so going by the Westphalian nation-state model, we are not responsible for them.
  • Bharat, in the larger sense, has an innate responsibility for the well-being of all the people in the Indian Subcontinent.
  • LTTE was an organization led by a leadership Adharmic in allegiance and adharmic in conduct. It has support from Adharmics from outside the Subcontinent.
  • Adharmic LTTE leadership were leading a Dharmic people, the Sri Lankan Tamils, by duping them, claiming Dharmic nature and agenda for themselves, which was not the case.
  • Adharmic LTTE leadership has a lot of Dharmic blood on its hands - both Buddhist Sinhalese and Sanatanic Sri Lankan Tamil, AND INDIAN.
  • LTTE (leadership) was an organization supported by some prominent Adharmics in India, aka crypto-Christians.
  • It is good that the Buddhist Sinhalese, a Dharmic group, put an end to the Adharmic LTTE leadership.
  • It is incumbent upon India that these these two Dharmic groups - the Buddhist Sinhalese and the Sanatanic Sri Lankan Tamils can get along with each other and both can prosper.
  • It is best to be wary about what the Adharmics in India demand, for though Indians, their intentions may not be Dharmic.
  • The Prabhakaran kid belonged to an Adharmic institution, with a huge heap of adharma to its credit, and he was finished of as part of the Adharmic institution
  • The finishing off could have been done perhaps in a different way, but that depends on how the Dharmic Sri Lanka Army felt about its own capacity to deal with the issue differently.
+1

excellent, saar. All points very succinctly covered.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Prasad wrote:A little kid was killed. Irrespective of whether he was a child-soldier or an innocent little kid who happened to be an a$$holes son doesn't mean that his death isn't tragic. Does that mean the death of any other child in the last 50 years of sinhala-tamil conflict isn't? Of course not. That is stupid.

Could we please look at what GoI is going to do wrt getting GoSL to clean up its act and work on genuine integration of the tamils into the country? Another case of disillusioned section of the country having to fight to get equal status shouldn't occur.

Asking questions like why should we care about what happens in SL to tamils or sinhalese is being shortsighted. Anything that happens in our periphery is our headache. We all know how quick the meddlesome folks are to exploit any situation in our periphery and work it against us. So not interfering is out of the question.
Prasad ji,

sympathy generating discussion and sympathy generating action in a foreign land are as different as chalk and cheese.

Interfering in the affairs of another sovereign nation is shortsighted as we well know.

added later. The majority sinhalese certainly do not appreciate the interference. They reacted angrily the last time India voted against them at the UN
Last edited by chetak on 22 Feb 2013 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Most of the "dharmic, dharmic" loonies on this board seem to lack even the slightest shred of common sense. Blinded with all the one-sided "dharma, dharma" crap, they don't seem to understand that the indic world outside the hindu hold doesn't give a rats ass about "dharma" and all that BS. It's a fact.

China doesn't care
Japan doesn't care
Bhutan doesn't care
Srilanka doesn't care
Nepal doesn't care
North-east doesn't care
South-east asia doesn't care

Snap out of your fantasy dear delusional friends and think realistically. And please stop making threads titled "dharma" and "dharmic".
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

nvishal wrote:Most of the "dharmic, dharmic" loonies on this board seem to lack even the slightest shred of common sense. Blinded with all the one-sided "dharma, dharma" crap, they don't seem to understand that the indic world outside the hindu hold doesn't give a rats ass about "dharma" and all that BS. It's a fact.

China doesn't care
Japan doesn't care
Bhutan doesn't care
Srilanka doesn't care
Nepal doesn't care
North-east doesn't care
South-east asia doesn't care

Snap out of your fantasy dear delusional friends and think realistically. And please stop making threads titled "dharma" and "dharmic".
I have not been propounding the "dharma" angle, but will comment on this.

The theory that the outside world does not care about "dharma" has nothing to do with the concept itself.

In short, if we do agree that "dharma" is core to our worldview and is a guide to action (debatable), what the world thinks about it has the worth of the square root of f*ck all.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

chetak wrote:Prasad ji,

sympathy generating discussion and sympathy generating action in a foreign land are as different as chalk and cheese.

Interfering in the affairs of another sovereign nation is shortsighted as we well know.

added later. The majority sinhalese certainly do not appreciate the interference. They reacted angrily the last time India voted against them at the UN
What I do want from our PM is to ensure our interests are catered to and our security isn't adversely affected by such instances in our neighbourhood. If it in our neighbourhood I don't care a rats ass about sovereignity when people are being disenchanted with their government. And in this case, its not been a two day affair either. I don't need to tell you sir, surely you know it better than I do, but we did send armed Mirages into their airspace didn't we? The majority sinhalese aren't doing anything to set their country right. If they're displeased it only means we aren't doing our job properly to get on the right track. Blame the bumbling idiots in the MEA. Theres no lack of those over there. Rajiv had to sit them down to accept to the accord he signed with them. As long as we have simmering problems in our neighbourhood, we can't be at peace. We aren't Israel unfortunately.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Here in BRF, I am as fed up with the overuse of the word "dharma" as the next unholy SDRE, but this post is caca.
nvishal wrote: they don't seem to understand that the indic world outside the hindu hold doesn't give a rats ass about "dharma" and all that BS. It's a fact.
Do you have irrefutable upper-hand in these matters of fact? Because too many gora-goris over there in vilayat regions are saying "Om" and claims they are "loving it"

(would make a nice meme, though. As in Admiral Ackbar says: Its a fact!!)
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

I don't care about LTTE, I care about aam admi. How many times do some of us have to repeat that simple point?

What is wrong in being a Christian, eh?

To me humanitarian and strategic considerations are important. And India has been morally on the high ground, we have never persecuted people of any faith. Pakistan poking fingers is crazy, and it annoys us because it is not the truth. I would be upset if India mistreated any Indian community. Indian government and system has been good, every now and then people do mistreat others... It is not government sanctioned.

I care about what happens in the immediate neighborhood of India. India cannot care about what happens to people in Sudan or Haiti, being not rich and having so many problems. But in our own sphere of influence?

If SL had the same moral high ground as India, then it would be delicate. But on the other hand it would not have mistreated its citizens.

If you see your neighbor scolding his child, you could ignore. You could ignore if he is slapping or disciplining his child with one or two betas, but can you ignore if he continuously ill treats his child? If the child runs to you crying 'uncle......' What would you do? And do you want such neighborhood for your own children?

Boss, there are hazar reasons for India to intervene, only a few myopic reasons to not intervene.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Prasad wrote:
chetak wrote:Prasad ji,

What I do want from our PM is to ensure our interests are catered to and our security isn't adversely affected by such instances in our neighbourhood. If it in our neighbourhood I don't care a rats ass about sovereignity when people are being disenchanted with their government. And in this case, its not been a two day affair either. I don't need to tell you sir, surely you know it better than I do, but we did send armed Mirages into their airspace didn't we? The majority sinhalese aren't doing anything to set their country right. If they're displeased it only means we aren't doing our job properly to get on the right track. Blame the bumbling idiots in the MEA. Theres no lack of those over there. Rajiv had to sit them down to accept to the accord he signed with them. As long as we have simmering problems in our neighbourhood, we can't be at peace. We aren't Israel unfortunately.
shri gandhi was rooked by the sinhalese. He was a mere babe in the woods. An international toddler.

Our IPKF people died in vain.

had that cowboy been around we would have been in an even bigger mess than we we in now, if that is at all possible.

Sending mirages and AN 32s over lanka and IL76s to male??

He had an IQ of zero.

What about all the other countries who also have mirages and IL76s, should we invite them to step in and set right things in our country??

who are we to set them "on the right track"? and what do we do when others want to "set us right track"

Why did we rush to recognize the brand new government in male?? How do we handle that moron who has trespassed into our embassy in male??

Sure, dust off and send in the trusty old IL76. Our country has already crashed and burned with MMS and sonia in the cockpit. We can afford to loose a few IL76 too.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

The problem with the usage, is the users' warped sense of the term dharma. It has become warped because of the extraordinary abuse of the term to justify everything some individuals think about this world, India and way of life. Some of these 'dharmics' are best left alone, given a cave complex a sub dhaaga within GDF and one has to pass loony-test to gain access.

I am positive these individuals would have driven Yudhistra crazy, or shamed him for being adharmic or asuric.

In fact I consider some of these individuals are filled with dvesha and grhna, hopefully self realization dawns on them before they become any more laughing stock of BRF.
Javee
BRF Oldie

Post by Javee »

Surya wrote:
People seem to go to extreme lengths to justify the brutality for Sri Lankan forces in their war against LTTE. Simple fact is while LTTE was a terrorist organisation, Sri Lankan army was not.
well what to do

you see we cared and sent troops to help them out - they turned on them, killed them mercilessly, drove them out, even planted IEDs as they were getting back into the ships.

When our troops came back through madras - more nonsense was spouted - Walls were plastered with Innocent people killing force grafitti. the local govt abused them and ignored them. Ltte men were being treated in the next room and nasty comments were passed on recuperating troops. troops had to keep a low profile and get out.
And what about the two bit snake oil salesman Jayawardene arming LTTE to fight IPKF or GOI which fed and armed LTTE or SLA/SLN whose soldier hit Rajiv on the head for signing the ISLA or Ranil who along with Prabhakaran showed the door for IPKF?? There are too many skeletons in the cupboard, so blaming one party(LTTE) for all the misfortunes of Lankan tamils is childish.
you should take it up with all HRs advocates who gheraoed the IPKF - oh no they are all dead . drat!!!
While you are at it, take it up to GOI for sending IPKF in to the quagmire of a deal which did not have any Srilankan Tamil participation at all. You only talk about what happened to IPKF, but you dont talk about the forces that sent IPKF in to the ditch.
At least the SLA\GOSL set up a memorial for the IPKf
Care to describe who represented SLA/GOSL on the first memorial service? Since you harped about the poor response to IPKF in TN, did GOI built any such memorial for the Indian soldiers who lost their lives for GOI's dream in a nation that means nothing to them??
It is good that the Buddhist Sinhalese, a Dharmic group, put an end to the Adharmic LTTE leadership.

The Prabhakaran kid belonged to an Adharmic institution, with a huge heap of adharma to its credit, and he was finished of as part of the Adharmic institution

The finishing off could have been done perhaps in a different way, but that depends on how the Dharmic Sri Lanka Army felt about its own capacity to deal with the issue differently.
You forgot to add Dharmic buddhist clergy in the mix.

Dharmic buddhist singhalese and dharmic sri lankan army :rotfl:
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Nair saare, in Vishal's defence, look at the countries he mentioned. All those countries had directly or indirectly imbibed Hindu or BUddhist culture from India. There are no Western countries....

Baikul, I agree with your point that if that is our core value we should not bother about what others think. However, vishal is probably saying those countries do not care for fellow dharmics or India.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

India has been involved since before the start of the war and will remain involved till much after to the finish of the war.

We started our intervention in the belief that we could help, silly infatuation. Then we got bogged down. Now if we are not careful we will be pulled in against our wishes.

If we fail to understand the situation without getting involved in emotional overkill. We will fail to diagnose the disease. And the cure will look unnecessary.

VP & LTTE had to be finished, no doubts about that. That entails war, again no doubt. Wars under the rules that are there, are brutal and involve killings beyond the recommended/controllable. Ergo kids/women/civilians/invalids/old people, too get killed. If we want to avoid this again then we have to address the causation of it. The downfall is:
1) the alienation (manifested in the background war),
2) a compounding immoral behaviour (apparently a killing in custody)
3) sought to be covered up by a further case of idiotic behaviour (prolonging the peace process even as the SL is unable to hide/falsify the alleged murder),
4) disregarding the available options (committing to even the token trials and instead failing to even a secreting/brain washing, a la Panchen Lama/Neta ji/Duleep Singh/assortment of RNIs).

This kind of cycle gives pratikriya and so forth.

Hard to believe that SL terrorism can return again. But entirely easy to believe that the whole of SL becomes a new Punjab/BD with free flow of narcos and weapons, fake currencies and residue of terroristic tendencies which will get used by outsiders. Outsiders would be more than happy to turn SL into another Nepal for us. Maldives is the latest in the list and smolders of this nature take as much of a toll as does the slash and burn variety and provide the base for fresh opportunistic infections. Luckily for us we are not diseased. Unfortunately for us we are not in the prime of our health.

For now the boy is dead for sure, whether or not killed becomes secondary now from the perspective running a normal life. This becomes one more reason now for committing to trails at least at some point and rounding up the suspected war criminals. The primary now becomes collecting whatever remains of the civilians and civilization. This is not the first time an alleged war crime has been committed nor will it be the last time. Still preparations for avoiding such repetitions must start at some point. And this one is as good as any. Consolidating the civilians and civilization is what gives this first step.

As a moral understanding which is recognised by all systems and that underpins the Self interest at all points except at Aapadkaal - A duty to not do a wrong includes both a duty not to commit it in the first instance and a duty not to commit it in the subsequent instances.

TIFWIW to you.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SwamyG wrote:I don't care about LTTE, I care about aam admi. How many times do some of us have to repeat that simple point?

What is wrong in being a Christian, eh?

To me humanitarian and strategic considerations are important. And India has been morally on the high ground, we have never persecuted people of any faith. Pakistan poking fingers is crazy, and it annoys us because it is not the truth. I would be upset if India mistreated any Indian community. Indian government and system has been good, every now and then people do mistreat others... It is not government sanctioned.

I care about what happens in the immediate neighborhood of India. India cannot care about what happens to people in Sudan or Haiti, being not rich and having so many problems. But in our own sphere of influence?

If SL had the same moral high ground as India, then it would be delicate. But on the other hand it would not have mistreated its citizens.

If you see your neighbor scolding his child, you could ignore. You could ignore if he is slapping or disciplining his child with one or two betas, but can you ignore if he continuously ill treats his child? If the child runs to you crying 'uncle......' What would you do? And do you want such neighborhood for your own children?

Boss, there are hazar reasons for India to intervene, only a few myopic reasons to not intervene.
It is not so much xtian as the xtian leadership of the ltte that is also aimed as much at the Indian landmass as the lankan landmass. eelam is still out there, simmering softly for now but not forgotten.

Any number of Indians and foreigners are stridently screaming in international fora that we are ill treating our minorities. Who is the final arbitrator? Us or them??

Extend the same courtesy to the lankans. We should learn to separate the propaganda and the realpolitik.

If the amrekis intervened in Indian affairs WTF would we do?

Would there be ANYONE on this forum supporting the amrekis? I think not.

India and moral high ground? Get real, saar. Our moral high ground is occupied by such lofty mahatmas like A Raja, Kalmadi, kanimohzi, karunanidhi, lallu yadav & the incomparable mms and their ilk
Last edited by chetak on 22 Feb 2013 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Sridhar
BRFite

Post by Sridhar »

The forum, especially the Strategic Issues ... side of it, has been overrun by complete lunatics. Sad to see this happen.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Chetak saar,
you mentioned LTTE being a christian terror org:
Thursday, April 22, 2010
LTTE Christian Ties
While most Tamil people are Hindus, they also have significant populations of Christians and Muslims in both India and Sri Lanka.

The LTTE, the Sri Lankan ethnic Tamil separatist group that engaged in terrorist activities, was not a “Hindu group.” The tigers’ ideology on paper was mostly secular “Tamil nationalism”, but it also had anti-Hindu aspects to it such as its members shunning their given Sanskritic Hindu names to assume “native Tamil” (or Christian) ones, eg, Prabhakaran became Pirapaharan in later years.

One of the best kept secrets is that the LTTE had many ties to the Church. For example, most of the top cadre of the LTTE were apparently Christians:

Prabhakaran aka Pirapaharan (Christian convert, a lapsed Methodist)
S.P. Tamil Selvam - Christian
Balraj (Balasegaram Kandiah) - Christian
Pottu Amman (Christian)
Prabhakaran’s son Charles Anthony - Christian
Anton Balasingham - Christian
Soosai (Thillaiyampalam Sivanesan) - Christian
Thenmozhi Rajaratnam (nickname Dhanu), Rajiv Gandhi's suicide bomber assassin - Christian

While the LTTE’s terrorist methods should be squarely condemned, one cannot lose sight of the fact that the Sinhalese majority was egregiously persecuting their Sri Lankan Tamil minorities since the country became independent from the British, such as denying jobs and seats in educations institutes to Tamils. Rajiv Gandhi tried to broker a peace agreement in the 1980s, but it backfired, with Christian suicide bomber Thenmozhi Rajaratnam taking his life in 1991.

The following news article mentions that Pirapaharan (Velupillai Prabhakaran) was a lapsed Methodist Christian.

Would-be mediators - Sri Lanka - Cover Story
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _17497865/

Duleep Fernando (no relation), newly elected president of the Methodist Church, also began visiting congregations in the North. Both leaders met with various Tamil leaders, including Velupillai Prabhakaran (a lapsed Methodist), who is now the virtual dictator of the rebel-held territory.

President Chandrika Kumaratunga was initially annoyed and then embarrassed by Christian clergy who met openly with the ostracized Tamil Tiger leaders.

I talked with Singalese Christians in the South who showed great empathy for the sufferings of the Tamil minority, whether Christian or Hindu, and condemned Buddhist-influenced national governments for pursuing an only Singalese need apply” policy since 1972 in school admissions, government jobs and distribution of official largesse.

Here is a reproduction of a post by a Hindu Tamil blogger.

Thursday, April 17, 2008
Is the LTTE a Hindu terrorist group?
Edited title: LTTE was a terrorist group with many Christian ties

Since the 9/11 carnage, every Islamic apologist and his uncle, including writer William Dalrymple and General Pervez Musharraf (President of Pakistan), have tried to whitewash Islamic terrorism by saying: “Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by Sri Lankan Hindu extremists” and “Why blame terrorism on only Islam? The LTTE is a Hindu terrorist group”.

So, is the LTTE a Hindu group? Let’s see the evidence of their mendacious claim:

1) Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) was founded on Dravidian ideology and defined by Marxist principles of struggle against the “oppressor”. LTTE’s speeches, pamphlets and websites are full of Marxist rhetoric and Marxist principles – Their ideology is very similar to Naxalites and Maoists who base their violent insurgency against the Indian and Nepali governments on Marxist-Leninist and Maoist principles. Would any Hindu group follow Marx as their leader?

2) LTTE is “secular” and its constitution never claims to fight for people of any religion. It openly claims to fight on behalf of the minority Tamil ethno-linguistic race in Sri Lanka, whose members consist of Tamil Christians, Tamil Hindus and Tamil Muslims.

The “oppressor” of the Tamil language and Tamil race is identified by the LTTE to be the Sri Lankan Government who represent the majority Sinhala ethno-linguistic race (whose members are either Buddhist or Christian).

3) Tamil Language and Tamil Ethnicity are the defining raison d'être in LTTE’s ideology, not any religion, be it Hinduism or Christianity or Islam.

4) In its entire history and over three decades of existence, has the LTTE ever claimed to represent only the Hindus, or quoted any Hindu scriptures or dedicated itself to any Hindu God or Goddess? The answer is NO. NEVER. Then, why label the LTTE a Hindu group?

5) LTTE’s Dravidian ideology is also shared by their biggest supporters: Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) and Dravida Kazhagam (DK), two anti-Hindu and atheist organizations in India who since the 1950s, have:
▪ run a hate campaign against Hindu religion
▪ broken Hindu temples and desecrated Hindu murtis (sacred icons)
▪ beaten Lord Rama’s posters with shoes and garlanded Lord Ganesha’s image with slippers
▪ cut off the sacred threads worn by Hindu priests
▪ savagely beaten up Hindu worshippers in broad daylight
▪ vilely abused Lord Rama, Lord Krishna, Goddess Sita etc as drunkard, promiscuous, unchaste
▪ shown us that they are bent upon destroying the sacred Rama Setu (Rama’s Bridge)

Would any Hindu group do any of the above? Ergo, only Dravidian organizations do all of the above.

These Dravidian groups are all inspired by the anti-Hindu, anti-Brahmin, Ravana-worshipping ideology preached by the notorious E.V. Ramasamy Naickar (a.k.a. EVR or Periyar).

To this very day, the LTTE’s strongest supporters in Tamil Nadu are these Hindu-hating Dravidian parties, the DK and DMK.

Since these Hindu-hating Dravidian groups love and openly support the LTTE, therefore it is logical that the LTTE is not a Hindu group.

6) Inspired by Dravidian zeal, a senior LTTE official, “Colonel” Ramanan, demolished 9 Hindu temples in Eastern Sri Lanka and erected other buildings, including a fish market, in their place. Would any Hindu group do that?

7) LTTE’s website ( http://www.TamilNet.com ) openly promulgates the divisive Aryan-Dravidian theory, which was cunningly constructed about two centuries ago by the wily Bishop Caldwell, a Christian missionary and proselytiser, who wanted to divide Hindu society so that he could easily convert the non-Brahmin communities calling them Dravidians, a separate entity. Would any Hindu group promote this divisive theory?

8) The LTTE found mass support by portraying themselves as inheritors of the legacy of Samuel James Veluppillai Chelvanayakam (a.k.a. SJV Chelvanayakam), a beloved figure to Sri Lanka's Tamils who called him Thanthai Chelva (‘Father’ Chelva).

SJV Chelvanayakam, who led his Federal Party (FP) into agitations and tried in vain to get the Sri Lankan government to get power devolved for the Tamil minority areas, grew bitter over his failure to win any meaningful concessions from the Sinhalese, and became sympathetic to the cause of Tamil separatism. The FP and other parties merged into the Tamil United Liberation Front towards that end, with Chelvanayakam as their leader.

The TULF leadership nurtured and treated the separatist LTTE as its armed, youth wing. Soon, the LTTE subsumed the TULF.

9) Several Tamil opponents and renegades of the LTTE have been assassinated while they worshipped inside Hindu temples, Christian churches and Muslim mosques. Would any Hindu group kill anyone inside a Hindu temple? Go figure. The LTTE must be secular.

10) Many of LTTE’s top leaders and many of the LTTE cadres have been Christian or Muslim, including the following:

▪ Anton Stanislaus Balasingham: The chief political advisor, strategist and mentor to LTTE for over two decades.

▪ Marcelin Fuselus (nom de guerre: Victor), a senior LTTE commander from Mannar after whom the LTTE’s Anti-Tank Unit has been named.

▪ Charles Lucas Anthony (nom de guerre: Lt.Seelan), from Trincomalee, the first LTTE fighter to die in combat

▪ Many of the Tamil Tigers are Christian, including the late Miss Dhanu (Thenmozhi Rajaratnam) who was Rajiv Gandhi's suicide-murderer

▪ Norwegian film maker Beate Arnestad’s recent acclaimed documentary film on the LTTE, “My Daughter the Terrorist”, follows two young, Catholic Tamil females, with the nom-de-guerre 'Tharsika' and 'Puhalchudar', who have been LTTE fighters since their teens and have become part of LTTE's elite force, the Black Tigers.

Tharsika's mother, Maria, says that her daughter, the main character in the documentary, had wanted to become a Catholic nun when she was young. This same girl, Tharsika is now shown wearing a LTTE uniform and kneeling before a statue of Mary and Infant Jesus and crossing herself during worship, in the documentary. This shows that the LTTE accommodates Christian religious beliefs in its ranks.

▪ Jesumy Fernando (nom de guerre: Kennedy) is a LTTE commando who was captured on a raid on the sole airstrip of the Sri Lanka army's sprawling Palaly base in Jaffna in 1994. The LTTE received him back in a prisoner exchange with Sri Lankan Army POWs on 28 September 2002.

▪ “Second Lieutenant” Robert Kanthamarajah Uthayakumar who was killed in an army ambush near Kirumichchai on March 5, 2005.

▪ Lawrence Thilagar, former International spokesman of the LTTE and now the TRO Project Co-ordinator.

▪ Basheer Kaka, a Trincomalee Muslim, was first made in charge of training the LTTE members in the eighties and then was promoted LTTE’s Batticoloa leadership in the nineties.

9) Hence, in Sri Lanka, the biggest supporters of the LTTE have been the Tamil Christian clergy, from the Catholic, Methodist, Anglican and evangelical churches.

To this day, not a single Tamil Christian church or clergyman has condemned the LTTE as being pro-Hindu or anti-Christian.

Normally, Christian groups, lead by the likes of John Dayal, are quick to condemn any organization that is pro-Hindu or anti-Christian.

10) The Sri Lankan Police investigating the seizure of suicide jackets in Mabole on February 1, 2008, two days prior to the Sri Lankan Independence Day celebrations, have arrested 3 Christian priests from a fundamentalist religious sect and recovered several suicide kits.

Under interrogation the priests have confessed that they had brought down around 30 suicide cadres from Mannar to Kandy and Nuwara Eliya. They also admitted to transporting several suicide kits and weapons to these areas. Police were able to arrest the person suspected to have transported a parcel (containing two suicide kits, eight detonators, eight batteries, and six remote controlled devices) to Mabole area.

The arrested person was identified as Nagulan, a pastor of a church in Mannar which is a branch of Four Square Church, a Christian evangelist group. After searching the priest's church at Pahankammukotte in Mannar, security forces were able to recover three suicide kits, two claymore mines and three magnet bombs.

Read more at: The deadly triangle of LTTE + NGO + Christian extremists exposed. (non-working link: http://www.srilankawatch.com/index.php? ... 2&Itemid=1 )

11) A senior Christian priest, Rev. Sam T. Jayathilakarajah of the Achchelu Methodist Church and his brother, Dr. Jayakularajah enthusiastically gave shelter and performed surgery on injured LTTE members (including Pulenthiran and Seelan) after they attacked the Chavakachcheri Police station in 1982.

12) A second Christian priest, Father Aabaranam Singarayar provided a constant supply of painkillers to these LTTE members as they recuperated from surgery. This is confirmed by Maj.Gen. Sarath Munasinghe, the head of the army intelligence unit of Sri Lanka, who arrested interrogated both these priests.

13) A third Christian priest, Father Anton Sinnarasa was also arrested by the Sri Lankan army for sheltering the LTTE members and for his involvement in the LTTE bank van holdup at Neervely, where 81 lakhs of rupees was robbed on March 25th 1981. In September 1983, Father Sinnarasa later escaped from custody during the famous Batticoloa jailbreak. He slipped away to Canada a few years later and continues to lead LTTE-front activities in Tamil-dominated suburbs of Toronto under the name “Anton Philip”.

14) Canadian Broadcasting Corporation ran a detailed report on another Christian priest, Father Francis Xavier who is a leading organizer and fundraiser for the Tamil Tigers in Toronto, Canada.

Read the three-page feature about him at: Whose Truth? ( http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/features/whos ... avier.html )

15) All the top people in LTTE’s front charity group, Tamil Rehabilitation Organization (TRO), now under FBI scrutiny in the USA, are Christians:

▪ Mr.K.P.Regi, Executive Director of TRO,
▪ Mr. Lawrence Thilagar, TRO Project Co-ordinator,
▪ Mr. Lawrence Christie, Planning Director of the TRO
▪ Mr.E.Robert, Administrative Head of the TRO Accelerated Rehabilitation Project.
▪ Mr. Vincent, TRO's Director of Tsunami Rehabilitation and Construction
▪ Mr.P.Mariyanayagam Croos (Cruz), President of the Mannar TRO,
▪ Ms. P.Mariina Croos (Cruz) of the Mannar TRO
▪ Yude Genoba of the Mannar TRO

16) Not surprisingly, the TRO works in alliance with the Church of South India in the Tamil areas of Northen and Eastern Sri Lanka.

Reverend Father A.Jeyakumar, Reverend Father S.E. Arnold, Reverend Father P. Anukular and Reverend Father J. Thevarudchelvam from Mullaitivu Diocese (Church of South India) and Mr J Rajanayagam from Jaffna Diocese (Church of South India) are the chief guests at TRO functions held to distribute fishing nets, boats and houses to the Tsunami victims.

17) The top 3 Catholic Bishops of Jaffna, Mannar and Trincomalee-Batticaloa (Rev. Thomas Soundaranayagam, Rev. Dr. Joseph Rayappu and Rev. Kingsley Swamipillai) regularly meet the LTTE leadership and grace LTTE events.

18) The LTTE supremo, Velupillai Pirapaharan, named his first born son with a Christian name, Charles Lucas Anthony, in memory of his dead comrade. Would any religious-minded Hindu father ever give his son a fully Christian name?

19) In April 2008, LTTE desperately appealed to the Sri Lankan army to stop the shelling and rocket attacks of the Catholic “Our Lady of Madhu” church in Madhu; and even helped the Catholic clergy to carry away the sacred statue of Mary beyond the warzone, when the Sri Lankan army’s barrage hit the adjacent “Infant Jesus” church.

20) The LTTE is indeed secular. Many of the Members of the Sri Lankan Parliament from the LTTE-affiliated political party, the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) are either Tamil Christians or Tamil Muslims.

In February 2008, the LTTE appointed a Muslim lawyer, Rizwan Mohammed Imam, to be the TNA Member of Parliament from Jaffna.

Other key TNA Members of Parliament from Vanni are Selvam Adaikkalanathan (a Tamil Catholic from Mannar) and Solomon Cyril from Jaffna.

In the past, the LTTE had appointed another Christian, Joseph Pararajasingham as the TNA MP from Batticaloa before he was assassinated.

21) Since the eighties, the LTTE has embarked on a rigourous campaign of de-Sanskritisation, i.e. a removal of Sanskrit names from their cadres and changing it to Dravidian names.

Prabhakaran became Pirapaharan; Dinesh became Tamilchelvan and so on. Would any Hindu group do that?

22) Simultaneously, with the de-Sanskritisation, in order to show the LTTE’s secularism, several other LTTE leaders adopted a Christian or Muslim nom-de-guerre.

▪ The Head of LTTE’s Military Intelligence “Colonel” Shanmuganathan Ravishankar was renamed “Charles”.
▪ The first Black Tiger, Vallipuram Vasanthan was christened Captain “Miller”.
▪ The Amparai district LTTE Economic Division Head became “Henry”.
▪ The LTTE spokesperson, Rasiah Ilanthariyan became “Marshall”.
▪ The commander of LTTE’s Vinothan brigade was renamed "Jim Kelly", and another LTTE commander was renamed “Robert”.
▪ The LTTE delegate to the Thimpu talks, Sivakumaran became “Anton”
▪ And Lt. Col. Thambirasa Kuhasanthan was renamed “Nizam"
▪ The LTTE head of the Victor anti - armoured artillery unit was renamed Lt.Col. “Akbar”
▪ The LTTE head of Sathurukondan area (Batticoloa) was renamed “Gadaffi” after the Libyan Muslim dictator (Muammar Gadaffi)

23) The LTTE is alleged to have murdered the 61-year old Hindu priest, Parameshwara Gurukkal, as described in the article: Pathetic plight of Eastern Pillaiyar Temple Priest ( http://transcurrents.com/tamiliana/archives/285 ).

To maintain its balanced, secular nature, will the LTTE dare to murder any Christian priest? I hope not.

Now, after reading all this proof, why would anyone in their right mind call the LTTE a Hindu group?

Another article that sheds more light.

Thursday, July 2, 2009
Tamil Hindu reflections on Tamil separatism
http://www.srilankaguardian.org/2009/07 ... tamil.html

By Arundhati Rajasingham

Tamil Hinduism versus Christianity:

(July 02, Colombo, Sri Lanka Guardian)

The LTTE sought a separate Tamil state. But at what cost? The Sri Lankan Tamils are defined by two factors i.e. the Hindu religion and the Tamil language. The Tamil Tigers sought to defend the Tamil cause but intentionally weakened the Hindu identity. This explained their failure. The Christian influence on the top LTTE leadership was immense. This was despite the fact that Christians only constituted 14% of the Tamil population.

An internationally-financed Christian evangelism was initiated in LTTE-held areas in the 1990s. The Ceylon American Mission embarked upon a 'church planting campaign'. They opened new orphanages and new churches. The Methodist Church did likewise. The Roman Catholic church under its social service arm, HUDEC was not far behind. The pro-LTTE 'TamilNet' website was unabashedly anti-Hindu, anti-Buddhist, anti-Indian and pro-Christian. 'Tamil Canadian' republished articles from Christian journals but failed to reproduce Hindu media clips. The 'Tamil Nation' in London even urged Tamils to jettison celebrating the traditional Hindu new year in mid-April.

The LTTE discouraged people from following the time-honored Tamil Hindu custom of cremation. It supported the burial of the dead. It attempted to jettison the traditional Tamil wedding ceremony introducing a civil ceremony instead. It encouraged beef-eating. It promoted the use of so-called Dravidian names that had no basis in our history. While Hindu temples flourished in Government-held areas, they were neglected in LTTE-held territory. The LTTE strategy entailed a de-Hinduization of Tamil identity. Was this not Christian evangelization under the guise of a Tamil revolt?

The continuation of the war was only intended to facilitate a gradual Christianization of the Tamil people in Sri Lanka. The LTTE claimed that it was secular and neutral between the overwhelming Tamil Hindu majority and the better financed Tamil Christian minority. Religious dualism – the overt tolerance of two religions with the intent to undermine one while allowing the other to expand – was the ugly face of Tamil Tiger secularism. Its real intent was to weaken the Tamil Hindu identity under the guise of fighting the Sinhalese.
Link

But, there is another interesting angle here: most of the rulers of Sri Lanka are also X-ians.

List of Sri Lankan prime ministers:
Name:------------------------------------Tenure:-----------------------------------Party:
1)Don Stephen Senanayake-----------24 Sep 1947 - 22 Mar 1952 (5 yrs)------ United National Party
2)Dudley Shelton Senanayake---------26 Mar 1952 - 12 Oct 1953 (1 yr)-------United National Party
-------------------------------------25 March 1965 - 29 May 1970 (5 yrs)-----United National Party
3)General Sir John Lionel Kotelawala---12 Oct 1953 - 12 Apr 1956 (3 yrs)--------United National Party
4)Solomon Dias Bandaranaike----------12 Apr 1956 - 26 Sept 1959 (3 yrs)------Sri Lanka Freedom Party
5)Wijeyananda Dahanayake------------26 Sept 1959 - 20 Mar 1960 (1 yr)------Sri Lanka Freedom Party
6)Sirimavo Dias Bandaranaike-----------21 July 1960 - 25 Mar 1965 (5 yrs)------Sri Lanka Freedom Party
---------------------------------------29 May 1970 - 22 May 1972 (2 yrs)-----Sri Lanka Freedom Party
---------------------------------------22 May 1972 - 23 July 1977 (5 yrs)----Sri Lanka Freedom Party
7) Junius Richard Jayewardene----------23 July 1977 - 4 Feb 1978 (1 yr)------United National Party

Don't know about Wijeyananda Dahanayake, all others seem to be X-ians. So from 1947, except 1yr, X-ians ruled till 1978(31 yrs) as Prime Ministers of SL.

Sirimavo Dias Bandaranaike was the widow of Solomon. It was Solomon was a founding member of United National Party. Later, he broke away from United National Party and founded Sri Lanka Freedom Party. He was assassinated by a Buddhist monk. After one year, his widow became the prime minister. She was the first woman prime minister in Sub-continent. Later, in 1966, Indira Gandhi became the Prime Minister of India after the mysterious death of Lal Bahadur Shastri.

Jayewardene introduced the Executive Presidency in 1978, and assumed the position of President of Sri Lanka.

List of Sri Lankan presidents:
Name:------------------------------Tenure:-----------------------Party:
1) William Gopallawa------------22 May 1972 - 4 Feb 1978 (6 yrs)---Non-party
2) Junius Richard Jayewardene--4 Feb 1978 - 2 Jan 1989 (11 yrs)---United National Party
3) Ranasinghe Premadasa-------2 Jan 1989 - 1 May 1993 (4 yrs)---United National Party
4) Dingiri Banda Wijetunga-------2 May 1993 - 12 Nov 1994 ( 1yr)---United National Party
5) Chandrika Kumaratunga-------12 Nov 1994 - 19 Nov 2005(11 yrs)--Sri Lanka Freedom Party
6) Mahinda Rajapaksa------------19 Nov 2005 ------------- (7 yrs)---Sri Lanka Freedom Party

William Gopallawa(6 yrs), Junius Richard Jayawardene(11 yrs), and Chandrika Kumaratunga(11 yrs) seem to be X-ian. Don't know about others. After 1978, about 22 yrs of rule by X-ian presidents.

In 1944, Dravida Kazagham was formed by Periyar from the Justice Party. Justice party was essentially a castist party with an anti-brahmin ideology. The anti-brahmin feelings had two foundations:
a) perception of brahmins acquiring all the opportunities
b) Aryan invasion theory.

Justice Party was formed on the basis of AIT. Justice Party seems to be a brit sponsored movement. It opposed Home rule movement and non-cooperation movement. It adopted a general hostile stance against Indian independence movement. It seemed to prefer the brit rule rather than the 'rule of brahmins'. Eventually, Justice party lost the support of 'Dalits' who accused the party of being a vehicle of few castes(mostly, these castes were powerful landowning ones). So, Justice Party was trying to perpetuate the hegemony of some powerful landowning castes.

Periyar formed Dravida Kazagham in 1944. Dravida Kazagham continued to be based on AIT. Dravida Kazagham wanted a secession from India and formation of a separate country called Dravida Nadu(which would comprise of the whole region of then Madras Presidency). But, it did not participate in elections. It was supposed to be a social movement.

Dravida Kazagham was split over succession issues. Annadurai the founded DMK in 1949. In 1950s, DMK continued to demand secession from India. The main objective of the party was formation Dravidanadu(which included most of south-india). During 1950s, DMK entered electoral fray but remained largely unsuccessful. It seems non-Tamils were not happy with this Dravida-Nadu idea. In an effort to protect the interests of the Telugu people in Madras Presidency, and to preserve the culture of Telugu people, Potti Sri Ramulu(Andhra Kesari) attempted to force the government to listen to public demands for the separation of the Andhra region from the Madras Presidency, based on linguistic lines and with Madras as its capital. The Government did not accede to the demands for separate state. Finally, In 1952, Potti Sri Ramulu fasted unto death demanding a separate state for Telugu speakers. The death of Potti Sri Ramulu evoked angry reactions from Telugus in Madras state and the demand for a separate Telugu state could no longer be denied. So, in 1953, a separate Telugu state was formed, but Madras city was not part of the new state. Later, Hyderabad state and the newly formed state were merged in 1956 to form Andhra Pradesh.

The separation of Telugus and the eventual formation of AP must have been a blow to idea of Dravida-Nadu. The secession dreams based on AIT of the tamil politicians with backing from certain castes was jolted. Telugus rejected the idea of living under Tamil hegemony within India.So, there was no question of them supporting 'Dravida-nadu'.

But, the DMK continued to demand secession from India. In 1953 MGR joined DMK. Till then, he was the member of Congress. In 1962, the chinese invasion whipped up strong patriotic fervour throughout India. In such a situation, DMK had to abandon its stance of secession. In 1964, Nehru died. Lal Bahadur Shastri became the PM. In 1965 India fought a war with Pakistan. Lal Bahadur Shastri died of sudden heart attack in 1966 after signing peace pact with pakistan in Tashkent, USSR. There are many CTs on the sudden and mysterious death of Lal Bahadur Shastri. After his sudden death in USSR, Indira Gandhi came to power. There have always been rumours of KGB funding Indira(and rest of the Gandhis). So, it is very interesting that the death of Lal Bahadur Shastri paved the way for the power of Indira Gandhi.

DMK came to power in 1967 for the first time after its formation. It is noteworthy that DMK came to power after abandoning the demand for secession. Karunanidhi became the CM. In 1969, Annadurai died. In 1969, Madras state was renamed as Tamil Nadu.

BD was formed in 1971. In 1972, MGR formed AIA DMK splitting the DMK. Then, in 1970s, Khalistan movement was formed. In 1974, DMK govt brought a resolution in the house urging the centre to give more autonomy to the states by amending the constitution. Essentially, DMK had officially abandoned the secession demand, but continued to pursue a policy that was nearly secessionist. Indira Gandhi implemented emergency in India from 1975-77 after her victory in the elections was called void by the courts. It was during emergency that the words 'socialist' and 'secular' were inserted into the preamble of constitution. In 1975, Shiekh Mujibur Rehman, PM of BD, is assassinated as part of coup by the BD army. All the members of his family are also killed. Only 2 daughters, who were not in BD at that time, were alive. The 2 daughters were banned from entering BD.

Wiki:
Lawrence Lifschultz has alleged that the CIA was involved in the coup and assassination, basing his assumption on the then US ambassador in Dhaka Eugene Booster.[31]
US was fighting in Vietnam from 1962 to 1975.

LTTE was formed in 1976.

Wiki:
In the early 1970s, United Front government of Sirimavo Bandaranaike introduced the Policy of standardization to rectify the the low numbers of Sinhalese being accepted into university in Sri Lanka. A student named Satiyaseelan formed Tamil Manavar Peravai (Tamil Students League) to counter this biased move. This group comprised Tamil youth who advocated the rights of students to have fair enrollment. Inspired by the failed 1971 insurrection of Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna, it was the first Tamil insurgent group of its kind. It consisted of around 40 Tamil youth, including Ponnuthurai Sivakumaran (later, the leader of the Sivakumaran group), K. Pathmanaba (one of the founder members of EROS) and Velupillai Prabhakaran, an 18 years old youth from single caste oriented Valvettithurai (VVT). In 1972, Prabhakaran teamed up with Chetti Thanabalasingam, Jaffna to form the Tamil New Tigers (TNT), with Thanabalasingham as its leader. After he was killed, Prabhakaran took over. At the same time, Nadarajah Thangathurai and Selvarajah Yogachandran (better known by his nom de guerre Kuttimani) were also involved in discussions about an insurgency. They would later (in 1979) create a separate organization named Tamil Eelam Liberation Organization (TELO) to campaign for the establishment of an independent Tamil Eelam. These groups, along with another prominent figure of the armed struggle, Ponnuthurai Sivakumaran, were involved in several hit-and-run operations against pro-government Tamil politicians, Sri Lanka Police and civil administration during early 1970s. These attacks included throwing bombs at the residence and the car of SLFP Jaffna Mayor, Alfred Duraiyappah, placing a bomb at a carnival held in the stadium of Jaffna city (now "Duraiyappah stadium") and Neervely bank robbery. 1974 Tamil conference incident also sparked the anger of these militant groups. Both Sivakumaran and Prabhakaran attempted to assassinate Duraiyappah in revenge for the incident. Sivakumaran committed suicide on 5 June 1974 to evade capture by Police. But on 27 July 1975, Prabhakaran was able to assassinate Duraiyappah, who was branded as a "traitor" by TULF and the insurgents alike. Prabhakaran himself shot and killed the Mayor when he was visiting the Krishnan temple at Ponnalai

On May 5, 1976, the TNT was renamed the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), commonly known as the Tamil Tigers

Religion was not a major factor in his philosophy or ideology, indeed the ideology of the Tamil Tigers emerged from Marxist-Leninist thought, and was explicitly secular. Its leadership professed opposition to religion.[18][19][20] Their focus was on a single-minded approach toward the attainment of an independent Tamil Eelam.
MuKa has admitted to being close to LTTE. It is interesting that MuKa claims to be an athiest. But his family is X-ian. His daughter's has close connections with EJs came out during 2G scam. The money made out of 2G scam was diverted to EJs who used it in their efforts to convert the tamils in SL and fund LTTE.

Calls for dravida-nadu were replaced by calls for Ellam. The chief funders seem to be X-ians. Interestingly, the other side, the sinhalas are also ruled by x-ians. So, while the Tamils are Hindus and Sinhalas are buddhists, both are ruled by X-ians. In essence, dravida-nadu is replaced by ellam, but the idea is still the same: separate nation ruled by Tamils. It seems to me that Ellam is a crypto-Dravidian movement. There is an interesting side to this. Supporters of dravida-nadu and ellam claim that Tamils are Dravidians(in AIT). Sinhalas claim that they are Aryans(in AIT) who migrated from North-India to SL. Both of them have their identities shaped by AIT or AMT.

The theory of AIT/AMT is playing the role it was meant to. The same thing had happened in Africa.
Tutsi Invasion Theory

The concept of Aryan Invasion theory being a handiwork of the German for the sake of proving the superiority of the European Caucasian races is not an isolated case. There exist a similar theory in other part of the world, involving other nations and other ethnicities and I wonder why hasn’t anyone yet given an attention over that.

If we see the map of middle Africa, we see two little countries named Rwanda and Burundi, bordering Zaire (or Democratic Republic of Congo). With the name Rwanda it suddenly flashes in our mind, the picture of ethnic violence, civil war, genocide and military juntas. Few Indians know the history of Rwanda or Burundi. These countries are inhabited by two different so-called ethnic groups, namely Hutu and Tutsi. The ethnic composition of these countries is as follows:

1) Rwanda – Hutu 84%, Tutsi 15%, Twa (Pygmies) 1%
2) Burundi – Hutu 85%, Tutsi 14%, Twa (Pygmies) 1%

Among these the minority Tutsis are believed to be the Hamitic people, a race which was often intermixed with the whiter races from North, particularly from Ethiopia and Egypt, which on their turn were intermixed by the Asiatic people, mainly Hittites, by the repeated invasions from the North. And these people are said to have arrived from North and thus not the native people of Rwanda.

The majority of Hutus are believed to be Bantu, the original African race which spilled out from the mid-Western African coast of Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Cote d’ Ivoire and the inland countries of Burkina Faso and some other parts of the neighbouring countries.

Tutsis are considered to be the foreigners, invaders or migrants in the Rwanda-Burundi region. Hutus are said to be a much older race but not the original one. The original inhabitants of the Rwanda-Burundi region are said to be the Pygmies, who consist only 1% of the population of the region. It is said that Tutsis despite being the minorities, consider themselves superior in race and constitute the reigning elite and aristocracy of Rwanda-Burundi and they have subjugated the more indigenous Hutus from centuries and have forced them to agriculture and to the inferior position. Now, the crystallization of the theory. Hutus and Tutsis are two completely separate races, with Black Hutus forming the oppressed majority and the more original inhabitants of Rwanda-Burundi, and the fairer Tutsis forming the oppressing minority and the foreign invaders.

This accounts for a Rwandan version of the Aryan Invasion Theory, namely the Tutsi Invasion theory.

Here we have some startling parallels with the Aryan Invasion theory here. Northern Indians, namely Aryans are said to be the ultimate foreign invaders or migrants. Southern Indians, namely Dravidians are said to be the much older inhabitants of Indian sub-continent who were invaded by the Aryans and were oppressed and driven in the interiors and to the South of the Indian continent, with the ultimate consequence of being incorporated into the Hindu fold of caste system and occupying the lowest rung of Indian society. And even these so-called Dravidians are not considered as the original inhabitants of the India. There is said to be a Dravidian migration into India long before that of the Aryans, and some so-called aboriginals (such as Santhals) are considered to be the originals of India, which were forced into the jungles by the invasions, migrations of Dravidians, followed by Aryans.

About Aryan Invasion theory and the cause of its origin much has been said in this debate, and will be said in future so here I go for the explanation of Tutsi Invasion theory, its cause and origin and its socio-political consequences.

Hutus and Tutsis never as such existed as two different ethnic groups or races and were never at war with each other. The history of ethnic violence in the region began with the advent of colonialism in Africa and Rwanda-Burundi. Rwanda-Burundi was a part of German East Africa but after the World War I, it was occupied by Belgium and made a Belgian colony. It was these colonial Belgian masters of Rwanda-Burundi who started entertaining strange ethnic differences and racial differences between the two so-called different groups Hutus and Tutsis, and created the Hutu-Tutsi rift. They invented two separate races, the racist Tutsi Invasion theory and invented the divide between them, labeling Tutsis as aristocratic rulers and Hutus as the oppressed masses.

It seems that skin colour superiority is so deeply embedded in the psyche of West that they rarely get out of it.

While the Hutu and Tutsi are often considered by the followers of this Tutsi Invasion theory, as two separate ethnic groups, scholars point out that they speak the same language, have a history of intermarriage, and share many cultural characteristics. Traditionally, the differences between the two groups were occupational rather than ethnic. Agricultural people were considered Hutu, while the cattle-owning elite were identified as Tutsi. Supposedly Tutsi were tall, thin and fair, while Hutu were short, black and square, but it is often impossible to tell one from the other. (as reported by the Time Almanac)

This distinction was increased and racialized in 1933 by the Belgian government requirement that everyone carry an identity card indicating tribal ethnicity as Tutsi or Hutu, in order to play the power politics between the inhabitants of the nation and thus letting them bogged down in civil war.

Since, independence, repeated violence in both Rwanda and Burundi has increased ethnic differentiation between the groups. Some 2.5 million Tutsis and Hutus are massacred in mutual ethnic cleansing, and genocide. The usual opportunist African leaders are much common in Rwanda-Burundi and they have exacerbated the ethnic tensions of their countries by inciting the hatred between the two groups on the basis of the supposed ethnic difference between the two. Hutu leaders have described Tutsis as cockroaches and they used to telecast their views on radio during the 1994 Rwandan genocide of Tutsis, which inspired the common Hutus to massacre the Tutsis, in a bid to annihilate them completely.

So a peaceful, placid nation with a common populace was destroyed and annihilated by the colonialist, racist view of the Tutsi Invasion theory.

But why are we learning this? Because Tutsi Invasion theory has ominous parallels with Aryan Invasion theory as explained above. The cause of the origin of TIT is also the same as that of AIT. And the ethnic tension and violence was also incited between the North Indians and the South Indians. The DMK, AIADMK and all the other anti-Hindu, anti-Brahmin movements (namely the Periyar movement) were the consequence of this racist Aryan Invasion theory. If not for Hinduism and its cultural ethos, India would have gone the way of Rwanda and Burundi. (Remember, Rwandans and Burundians have been converted to Christianity) But anti-Hindu leadership of India, and the Marxist academia and media is bent on defending the Aryan Invasion theory/AMT, in league with their traitorous aims, and anti-Hindu, anti-Indian designs. By keeping the various sections of Hindu society at war with each other they can maintain their political hold over India, and AIT is a proven tool for their designs.

The opposition of AIT is derided as an emotional, chauvinist handiwork of Hindu nationalist or fundamentalists. But the difference between Tutsis and Hutus is denied by the modern genuine Western scholars (non-Witzels). Is it also a handiwork of an emotional, chauvinist Tutsi nationalists?

The answer lies in the correct reading of the indigenous history through various new tools of Science and Archaeology and the deconstruction of the colonial edifice which has so far promoted the racist theories in order to prove the White supremacy.
Link

The social conditions cannot be denied i.e. mistreatment of tamilians in SL cannot be denied. But, it seems these social conditions are being used to incite a civil war with plans for secession where both sides are weakened. The same thing had happened with justice party. Surely, there were backward castes who were being mistreated in society. These conditions were used to incite calls for 'Dravida-nadu', a secession movement. The primary goal of that movement was to undermine the Indian independence movement. And the cruel joke on the people is that the party is monopolized by few landowning castes. So, the social justice is not even fulfilled. It became vehicle for monopolizing power of few castes. Similarly, the cruel joke on Ellam is that the top layer of LTTE is X-ians. The main backers of Ellam are also X-ians.

And the role of west in this is most mischievous.

In 1979, Soviets started campaign in Afghanistan. Mujahideens were formed to resist the Soviets. These Mujahideens were sponsored, trained and supported by US, UK, Saudi, and China through Pakistan. Pakistan was the interface. The funds and skills acquired by pakistan during this program was diverted in its fight against India.

Khalistan movement became prominent in late 1970s and early 1980s. Khalistan movement was well-supported by the pakistan. It was seen as a retaliation for creation of BD. This was part of new thousand cut-policy by Pakistan propounded by Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.

Wiki:
Indira Gandhi's Congress(I) party supported Bhindranwale in a bid to split the Sikh votes and weaken the Akali Dal, its chief rival in Punjab.[34] The Congress supported the candidates backed by Bhindranwale in the 1978 SGPC elections. The Congress leader Giani Zail Singh allegedly financed the initial meetings of the separatist organization Dal Khalsa, which disrupted the December 1978 Ludhiana session of the Akali Dal with provocative anti-Hindu wall writing.[34][35] In the 1980 election, Bhindranwale supported Congress-I candidates Gurdial Singh Dhillon and Raghunandan Lal Bhatia. Bhindranwale was originally not very influential, but the activities of the Congress elevated him to the status of a major leader by the early 1980s.[34]

In a politically charged environment, Lala Jagat Narain, the Hindu owner of the Hind Samachar group of newspapers, was assassinated by the Sikh militants in September 1981. Jagat Narain was a prominent critic of Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and a Congress leader. In September 1981, Bhindranwale was arrested for his alleged role in the assassination. Bhindranwale had earlier been a suspect in the murder of the Nirankari leader Gurbachan Singh, who had been killed in 24 April 1980 in retaliation for killings of conservative Sikhs belonging to the Akhand Kirtani Jatha. Bhindranwale was released in October by the Punjab State Government, as no evidence was found against him. During this one month, some followers of Bhindranwale embarked on a violent campaign to obtain his release, attacking Hindus, derailing trains and even hijacking an aeroplane.[36]

The Khalistani movement can be considered to have effectively started from this point. Though there were a number of leaders vying for leadership role, most were based in United Kingdom and Canada, and had limited influence. In Punjab, Bhindranwale was the unchallenged leader of the movement and made his residence in the Golden Temple in Amritsar.
In 1977, AIA DMK came to power and MGR became CM of TN. MGR remained the CM of TN till 1987. Vaiko, seen as a hardcore supporter of Ellam, entered Rajya Sabha in 1978.

In 1978, Junius Richard introduced the Executive Presidency in SL, and assumed the position of President of Sri Lanka.

Sanjay Gandhi, who was being primed as the successor of Indira Gandhi died in Air crash in in 1980. The death of Sanjay Gandhi propelled Rajiv Gandhi as the successor of Indira Gandhi. Telugu Desam was formed in 1982 by NTR.

Operation Blue star was conducted in 1983. Indira Gandhi was assassinated in 1984. Rajiv Gandhi became the PM of India. There was an anti-sikh pogrom by the kangress.

Junius Richard was the President of SL at the time, Ranasinghe Premadasa was the Prime Minister. IPKF was formed in 1987 as part of a pact between Rajiv and Junius. IPKF was supposed to act against LTTE. Premadasa was opposed to it. In 1987, there was an attempt on the life of Junius Richard. He retired in 1989. There were elections in 1989. Both parties of SL, United National Party and Sri Lanka Freedom Party wanted IPKF to withdraw. Premadasa became President. In 1989 Indian elections, Rajiv Gandhi lost power and Janta Dal came to power. IPKF was pulled out by the Janta Dal in 1989.

Now, there are rumours on net that Rajiv converted at the time of marriage to Sonia Maino and changed his name to Roberto Vinci. One does not know the truth in it. But, if it is true then Junius and Roberto are both X-ians. LTTE was X-ian org. And its main supporters in TN are X-ian. It seems the top layer on all sides is X-ian. The cannon fodder are Hindus and Buddhists.

Don't know about Premadasa, but it seems like he was not a X-ian(even though he was educated in X-ian educational institutes).

There are also allegations of KGB funding Rajiv Gandhi and his family.

Wiki:
In 1992, two Indian newspapers, the Times of India and The Hindu, published reports alleging that Rajiv Gandhi had received funds from the KGB.[34][37] The Russian government confirmed this disclosure and defended the payments as necessary for the Soviet ideological interest.[38] In their 1994 book The State Within a State, the journalists Yevgenia Albats and Catherine Fitzpatrick quoted a letter signed by Viktor Chebrikov in the 1980s, the then-head of the KGB. The letter says that the KGB maintained contact with Rajiv Gandhi, who expressed his gratitude to the KGB for benefits accruing to his family from commercial dealings of a controlled firm, and a considerable portion of funds obtained from this channel were used to support his party.[39] Albats later revealed that in December 1985, Chebrikov had asked for authorisation from the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union to make payments to family members of Rajiv Gandhi including Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi.[34][38] The payments were authorised by a resolution and endorsed by the USSR Council of Ministers, and had been coming since 1971.[38] In December 2001, Subramanian Swamy filed a writ petition in the Delhi High Court, acting on which the court ordered CBI to ascertain the truth of the allegations in May 2002. After two years, the CBI told the Court that Russia would not entertain such queries without a registered FIR.[38]
In 1991, Rajiv Gandhi was killed in TN by LTTE when he was campaigning for elections. It was believed that the Rajiv Gandhi was in a position to win elections and his return would not augor well for the LTTE. It seems the killers of Rajiv Gandhi were also X-ian.
Many of the Tamil Tigers are Christian, including the late Miss Dhanu (Thenmozhi Rajaratnam) who was Rajiv Gandhi's suicide-murderer. LTTE leader Prabhakaran and his son are Christian. Recently deceased chief stratagist of the LTTE, Anton Balasingham, was also Christian.
Congress won in 1991 elections and PV Narasimha Rao became the PM. Manmohan Singh was appointed the Finance Minister by PVNR. Economic reforms were initiated by PVNR. Byl that time, India had been brought to its knees thanks to the economic management by the dynasty. PVNR rectified the situation. But, he lost elections in 1996. From 1996 onwards, there seem to be attempts to make italian the chief of kangress. Ultimately, in 1998, she obtained the reigns of kangress. The death of Rajiv cleared the way for italian.

Courts declared death sentence for 4 people of the total 26 accused in Rajiv assassination. It is no surprize that DMK is trying to shield these people from death sentence. But, what is amazing is that Gandhi family seems to be 'friendly' with killers of Rajiv. Kangress has formed alliance with DMK in recent past. Further, Biyanka went to meet Nalini killer of Rajiv.

Subramany Swamy alleges that KGB had funded italian also. He also says that italian may have links to LTTE. He further claims that murky background opens them up for blackmail from all sides(specially foreign, including ISI).

Rajapakse seems to be a Buddhist. He has made India support him in eliminating LTTE inspite of chorus from west and ellam supporters in TN(particularly DMK).

The summary of the above is:
a) The top layer of all groups is EJ. They are all puppets of west.
b) Cannon fodder are Hindus and Buddhists.
c) The ideological father of all LTTE and DMK is justice party which is based on AIT. Justice party was a brit manufacture. LTTE is a western puppet.
d) Social conditions are used to incite secession movements.
e) The EJs are supported by the west and vice versa. The ultimate aim of EJs and west is to colonize the locals.
f) Assassinations of leaders is liberally done to keep the grip on a nation.
g) SL has been ruled by X-ians for most of its 'independent' existence.
h) 'Third world countries' are a playing field for all sorts of games by western countries.

There seem to be wheels within wheels.

It seems Norway has interesting role in these EJ links in sub-continent.

I think one is not able to understand what is happening in a country if one concentrates only on that country(especially, within a region). The picture is completely understood only when the happenings in other countries is taken into consideration.

The happenings in SL are intricately linked to happenings in India. In fact, this whole ellam idea was born in India. Ellam is just a repackaging of Dravida-nadu idea. The only long term solution to this problem is SL joining Indian union. Such a move would be in the best interests of one and all.

---
PS: BTW, whats with some posters calling other posters as lunatics? Such patronizing and condescending attitude is unwarranted.
Last edited by johneeG on 22 Feb 2013 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Sridhar wrote:The forum, especially the Strategic Issues ... side of it, has been overrun by complete lunatics. Sad to see this happen.
:oops:

I am sorry if I contributed to this in any way. Would keep the "Dharma" talk to the reserved thread in the future. It seeped in here because the issue seemed to be morality around killing the kid. It was not meant to encroach on Strategic issues.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

take some time to go to Sri Lankan Sinhala forums, how they make fun of the plight of tamil refugee girls and their plight and mock them with words like *meenachie*, the refugee girls are sometimes forced to prostitute themselves to the SLA troops who are in charge of guarding them. And SLA troops do not think of these girls as Christians while doing what they do to them. Sinhala society is just a mirror-image of a narrow-minded chauvinistic society that can't give any breathing space for tamils or anyone else. Do not ascribe any dharmic aspirations to this motley group of racists. Just check how many non-Sinhala Prime Ministers or Presidents this country has had since it's independence from British rule.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

I will not be using the D word here on this thread anymore. If there are queries or comments, please check the appropriate thread.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

But net-forums cannot be the basis for deciding on the population. Otherwise the world would believe everyone in this country loves bombs and missiles since that is what rules on BRF.

Net has a lot of special interest groups and while the political structure of SL may be a leach, they still have people who are living outside the political structure and they may be willing to work with SL Tamils.

But between you and chetak ji, I am confused. chetak ji suggests it is a properly working society underneath the political structure. You seem to suggest it is a Buddhist Pakiland.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

i get it..some SL tamils were ass.holes to you and you are trying your hardest to be one too.

thank you

better an ahole who identifies with India than someone outside based on ethnic links

that must have stung :mrgreen:
Last edited by Surya on 22 Feb 2013 18:41, edited 2 times in total.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

javee

have meetings

respond later

in short
but i have my grouse with the Indian govt for neglecting IPKF too
and the GOSL elements
But karma was a bitch and the GOSL elements got shafted with suicide bombs
but lets start with the murderers and their supporters
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Johnee ji ,
pranams for your informative and detailed timeline , lot of facts coming into light for me through it.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

johneeG wrote:Chetak saar,
you mentioned LTTE being a christian terror org:
Thursday, April 22, 2010
LTTE Christian Ties
While most Tamil people are Hindus, they also have significant populations of Christians and Muslims in both India and Sri Lanka.

The LTTE, the Sri Lankan ethnic Tamil separatist group that engaged in terrorist activities, was not a “Hindu group.” The tigers’ ideology on paper was mostly secular “Tamil nationalism”, but it also had anti-Hindu aspects to it such as its members shunning their given Sanskritic Hindu names to assume “native Tamil” (or Christian) ones, eg, Prabhakaran became Pirapaharan in later years.

One of the best kept secrets is that the LTTE had many ties to the Church. For example, most of the top cadre of the LTTE were apparently Christians:

Prabhakaran aka Pirapaharan (Christian convert, a lapsed Methodist)
S.P. Tamil Selvam - Christian
Balraj (Balasegaram Kandiah) - Christian
Pottu Amman (Christian)
Prabhakaran’s son Charles Anthony - Christian
Anton Balasingham - Christian
Soosai (Thillaiyampalam Sivanesan) - Christian
Thenmozhi Rajaratnam (nickname Dhanu), Rajiv Gandhi's suicide bomber assassin - Christian.........

The summary of the above is:
a) The top layer of all groups is EJ. They are all puppets of west.
b) Cannon fodder are Hindus and Buddhists.
c) The ideological father of all LTTE and DMK is justice party which is based on AIT. Justice party was a brit manufacture. LTTE is a western puppet.
d) Social conditions are used to incite secession movements.
e) The EJs are supported by the west and vice versa. The ultimate aim of EJs and west is to colonize the locals.
f) Assassinations of leaders is liberally done to keep the grip on a nation.
g) SL has been ruled by X-ians for most of its 'independent' existence.
h) 'Third world countries' are a playing field for all sorts of games by western countries.

There seem to be wheels within wheels.

It seems Norway has interesting role in these EJ links in sub-continent.

I think one is not able to understand what is happening in a country if one concentrates only on that country(especially, within a region). The picture is completely understood only when the happenings in other countries is taken into consideration.
Awesome post, johneeG saar. Much appreciate the enormous trouble that you have gone to.

Where's the hat tip emoticon when you need it?
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

LTTE was a secular organization. It never cared about the religious identity of its members. It was come one come all, preferably with dollah and AK-47.
AFAIK it was a Tamil terrorist group and never identified itself as a Hindu terrorist group. This attempt to tar it as a Christian organization is baffling. What exactly is gained?

Cutting and pasting endless series of innuendo does not change that....
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Why can't it be possible that LTTE senior cadres turned to Christianity to get access to US special interest groups. It was a ploy to seek powerful allies at that time. This joining christianity started only after LTTE was spurned by India. It's only then that one started hearing of such reports. LTTE may well have been cat's paw for western intelligence agencies and they used Christianity as much as western intelligence used them.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Theo_Fidel wrote:LTTE was a secular organization. It never cared about the religious identity of its members. It was come one come all, preferably with dollah and AK-47.
AFAIK it was a Tamil terrorist group and never identified itself as a Hindu terrorist group. This attempt to tar it as a Christian organization is baffling. What exactly is gained?

Cutting and pasting endless series of innuendo does not change that....
Really? Strangely for you, it's a very simplistic view. Normally your views are well researched and mostly logical.

How come all it's overt and covert support came only from xtian governments and organisations??

Didn't see the UN supporting the ltte's sorry "secular" ass. The anti nuke protests by the "secular" goonda gang had also caught our national attention.

Added later...........

Never EVER heard of the ltte being described as a "secular organisation"!!
Last edited by chetak on 22 Feb 2013 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

habal wrote:Why can't it be possible that LTTE senior cadres turned to Christianity to get access to US special interest groups. It was a ploy to seek powerful allies at that time. This joining christianity started only after LTTE was spurned by India. It's only then that one started hearing of such reports. LTTE may well have been cat's paw for western intelligence agencies and they used Christianity as much as western intelligence used them.
Going along with your point for arguments sake, How come such powerful "allies" responded to a proven terrorist organisation?? Would they not have their own agendas?? like they do in India's northeast?? and with the maoist groups??
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

chetak wrote:How come such powerful "allies" responded to a proven terrorist organisation?? Would they not have their own agendas?? like they do in India's northeast?? and with the maoist groups??
Yes, they have their own devious agenda, LTTE has their own agenda. Has not the SD used LeT for their agenda. What is new here ? They are in the business to use LTTE to further their regional agenda, to stoke fires of instability and from resulting chaos they will bring their own set of rules. LTTE also wants itself to be used to keep itself relevant and for access to western support groups.

btw Pirabhakaran was more of a nuisance value to western interests because he could not galvanize support from Sinhala fringe groups like Karava, Salagama etc. His megalomania prevented alliance with any other groups else LTTE could have aimed for Dravidastan and not just Tamil Eelam. Dravidastan can engulf large parts of South India viz TN, Kerala and Coastal + Interior Andhra and not just Sri Lanka and can be real cat's paw for west. This Prabhakaran was not just upto that job.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Maayam Tu prakrithim vidyaat,maayinam tu maheswarah-Svestasvatara Upanishad.

Even India is a part of Maaya.Indian nationalism too is a construct.

Tamils want freedom in eezham.Their 'leaders' are gora lackeys.They used eastern tamils and their own poor hindus as cannon fodder.The plantation tamils(tamil labourers about 50% of whom were expatriated back to India and 50% given lankan citizenship) have no interest in war.Theres a small influential tamil community in Colombo in business,bureacracy.

The east has been colonised by sinhalese.The muslims whose mother tongue was tamizh became turncoats in East.

India supported LTTE becaused it feared moderate tamizh nationalists who coud be a real pain in the neck in lanka and also could have caused serious trouble in TN.The gora lackeys of eezham were sacrificed for the larger interests in TN.

Only a Pax-Indica can deliver justice to lanka.But first we have to solve much more importat issues in India.There are life and death survival issues in India.Eezham is very low in our priorty.The goras will continue to meddle in muddled water.

There can be no meeting ground between sinhalese and tamils.Sinhalese want unity in their terms.Eezham tmils want frredom.The eezham elite care two hoots about East and plantation tamils.

Will Pax-Indica ever emerge?
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Firstly, I am a bit skeptical about anything that comes out of the western propaganda machine, and I am not convinced that this is what actually happened to the kid. I think there is every chance that this is a bunch of truths, half-truths and complete lies, packaged well by experienced and technically savvy folks.

Let me ignore that for a moment and focus on the killing. I can understand why the killing of a child is generating so much passion here. It is fundamentally against our basic human and parental instinct, and everything that we have learnt as we grow. Ideally, I don't want any kid to lose its life in this fashion or any other way for that matter.

However, the fact is that literally 100s of kids were murdered and executed in the SL civil war, by both LTTE and SL forces. There were also several reports that Kids were kidnapped by LTTE and used as child soldiers or human shields.
It would be incomplete and unfair to just focus on one killing and see if one side has done something wrong. For every act of murder/execution, there is probably one or several attrocities committed by the other side during the war.

If we go beyond the statistics, and look at every death at an individual level, every one of them will be heartbreaking.
We are going to find entire familes, sole bread winners, brilliant people, young children, invalids, pregnant women, young couples and even babies amongst the dead. Most of them probably did not want the war and probably wanted just a peaceful life. Nothing in our basic nature, and nothing on Earth can trully justify these killings.

Even though it is against our very nature of existence, unfortunately, we have to accept that VP's son is just another statistic in the SL war. But also keep in mind, that the western media are just propaganda machineries and this may not be the complete truth.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

two kinds of shadow boxing going on here:

1.Perception that those who are speaking against murder of a kid are seen as LTTE sympathizers - I don't think that is entirely true and I am not sure who is saying it

2. Perception that those who are taking a realistic view of *SL Army's actions* and understand their perspective given all other geopolitical realities are seen as consenting to the murder of kids in general in the battlefield - I don't think that is the correct picture as well.

So, my humble suggestion is give this topic a rest till new information and debating topic arises perhaps with admin help.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

For the record,Sir Solomon Dias Bandaranaike was Christian (Anglican),his son SWRD became a Buddhist when he formed the SLFP and took to "national dress",Mrs. B and her daughter were/are not Christians either.In fact,the late Anura B. used to visit Indian temples,Satya Sai Baba,etc.,the family are also supposed to have some ancestral connection with a temple in TN (Tiruchendur?),as the ancestor who went to the island was "nayake pandaram" in the Madurai court! Hence the name "Bandaranaike".

Similar confusion exists in the religion of the other names given on the very relevant post above.Most of the UNP leaders were Christian during rhe days of British rule,many forcibly converted by the Protugese,but the later generations turned Buddhist for political reasons.Many tx to Rajesh for his post.Names like "Simon" will be Buddhist,"Kumar" Christian,"Peiris"-both Buddhist and Christian.You cannot tell a man's religion from his name in Sri Lanka.Add to that the fact that they almost ALL visit temples,Buddhist and Hindu,go to Kataragamar on pilgrimage,the Madhu shrine,A'pura Bo tree,Kandy temple of the Tooth,etc.,etc.,not to mention Indian Hindu temples,godmen,you have a nation where individuals actually respect the other religions more than anywhere else that I've seen! Intermarriage between ethnic groups takes place and between religions more common.I have a couple,very close friends,where one is a Buddhist,the other Catholic,who visit temples (both Hindu and Buddhist),churches,consult clairvoyants both in India and at home.The only time perhaps when one knows what religion a Lankan is supposed to be is when he or she dies and the nature of the send-off reveals the same!

That this tiny island has had so much of ethnic strife when the people are so god-fearing and accommodating religion-wise is a mystery.There is much room for a serious study on the subject.

PS:Good point RGSrini.The focus should be on all child killings,press-ganging of children to be combatants,thousands of Tamil kids were kidnapped from their schools by the LTTE.Focussing on the fate of a "celebrity" child,the LTTE fuhrer's son alone is skewed .The best statement has been the one I quoted by the UN itself,criticising the organisation for not doing enough to prevent civilians from being killed by both sides in the last days of the war.The current expose is timed to embarass the GOSL at international fora.The western aim is for Lanka to be denied the chance to host the CHOGM later this year,or to engineer a massive boycott which will see the meet collapse if the venue is not changed.

My guess,that the CHOGM will not take place in Colombo.Watch out for massive demos in the UK by the diaspora on the same as HM the Queen is the head of the Commonwealth.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

- del -
Last edited by Satya_anveshi on 22 Feb 2013 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

Phillip,

There is no mystery at all. Sri lanka is not India. In lanka racism is institutionalized, in the constitution. I have very much experienced it first hand from lankans I knew. The fact that people are judged by their religion rather than abilities says everything one needs to know. People will not accept second class citizenship.

There are several Indians here trying very hard to make the same mistake of letting bigotry drive their view of the world...
Last edited by Theo_Fidel on 22 Feb 2013 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Theo,
I agree with you. There is no need to look at this issue with religious color at all.