Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

devesh
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by devesh »

Theo_Fidel wrote:
Wow, how little they know their own hero....

then please take up the civic responsibility as a patriotic constitution-abiding Indian and enlighten us. onlee.

I'm not saying there is no "dark" stuff. there might well be something in the closet that is repulsive.

and his rise has been too spectacular to my liking, and the fan-boy impulses of many drooling fans is even more disturbing (not meant for forumers, but some on the outside).

I am against tying Hindutva to Modi lock, stock, and barrel. Sanku ji has been a much needed contrarian on this matter.

at the same time, RSS, the organization, seems to be now be supporting him wholeheartedly. making them take such a strong stand must mean that they do have a certain level of confidence that Modi isn't there just for the Power.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

HS, look at the latest spin ..

Bwahahaha....from the gent declaring "look up Lemuria" while evoking separateness...in response to a query who came first.. sanatan dharma or EJ's, during attacking BARC in the nook dhaga, its now "origin myth making which i discount"...how the mighty have fallen..err changed their spots.. perhaps that is a good thing...in another years time, would perhaps be solemnly intoning "NI should be treated well in south" and vice versa, as versus today's warning sharning antics then.

All this history about lemuria, even we read in conan the barbarian @ local comic shop onlee..

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

devesh wrote:
Theo_Fidel wrote:
Wow, how little they know their own hero....

then please take up the civic responsibility as a patriotic constitution-abiding Indian and enlighten us. onlee.

I'm not saying there is no "dark" stuff. there might well be something in the closet that is repulsive.

and his rise has been too spectacular to my liking, and the fan-boy impulses of many drooling fans is even more disturbing (not meant for forumers, but some on the outside).

I am against tying Hindutva to Modi lock, stock, and barrel. Sanku ji has been a much needed contrarian on this matter.

at the same time, RSS, the organization, seems to be now be supporting him wholeheartedly. making them take such a strong stand must mean that they do have a certain level of confidence that Modi isn't there just for the Power.
Modis rise has to do with 5 things
1. Absolute scumbaggery of the INC. Beyond all reasonable limits...batla house, 26/11, rss demonization/saffron terror secularism
2. Scams, scams, scams
3. Complete mismanagement of economy
4. His decent stewardship of Gujarat
5. Overdoing of the demon Modi, demon Hindutva angle.. ties into 1..

If INC had even managed 2 and 3, they might have got away fully with 1 and 5, 4 would be ignored.

In a nutshell, Modis rise is a lot about how corrupt and worthless the INC and some of the other regional parties are. Look at Akhilesh in UP, NiKu in Bihar and Mamta di the great. Only JJ has good admin skills and charisma. Plus existing gang in BJP gutted its fighting spirit and made it a B team of INC till Modi arrived on the scene and they started hitting back. No media house would have demonized and openly attached hindus with such venom if BJP was considered a credible opposition.
Last edited by Karan M on 09 Sep 2013 08:06, edited 1 time in total.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

do not be fooled by what he says. I might not be qualified to call myself a resident of "South T.N.", but I know Tamil people well enough, and have enough relatives still living there, to have some idea about that region. nobody takes the kumari kandam stuff seriously. and if you actually tell some Tamil people that it's part of the tamil-origins/myth-making, they will look at you strangely. there are no myths related to KK other than "it existed before it drowned, and we once were kings of all earth" type crap. it has no emotional rootedness in the Tamil mind except for the most extravagant and wild-eyed dreamers.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

fanne wrote:those % of up are wrong!!
please correct them when you get some time.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Devesh, exactly. If you see the posting style in other threads too, it follows the same pattern. Its all about creating myths and manufacturing grievances, n vs s, TN vs the rest, speaking on behalf of those who never asked this dood to speak for them...ditto with the NAC types as well. Its amazing how the techniques and methods come naturally..

And add the tendency to speak authoritatively with "all iz well" pronouncements, whenever anyone criticized the "centrist" GOI and its economic/administrative disaster, long claims about how India was advancing even so and similar stuff with cherrypicked stats...now of course, the chickens have come home to roost, and no amount of number fudging can hide the reality.

All pretence about being politically neutral, while the inner identification with the party that serves ethno-religious interests is very well marked out, and hence jumps in whenever possible to influence the "neutral" types who take such doods at face value..

Also proferring advice to modi and other "right ward" types.. now. Apparently, its the right ward types who are an issue, as versus the turds in the left who encourage lemuria, this-iya, that-iya and all sorts of c-iya fantasies to divide indians.

By the time these doods wake up to realize that everyone is in trouble and their preferred heros in INC will not save them.. all will be in trouble..
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Karan M wrote:Devesh, exactly. If you see the posting style in other threads too, it follows the same pattern. Its all about creating myths and manufacturing grievances, n vs s, TN vs the rest, speaking on behalf of those who never asked this dood to speak for them...ditto with the NAC types as well. Its amazing how the techniques and methods come naturally..
Yes NAC is a good example, which had man like Harsh Mandar on payroll of nabi fai the isi man.

How deeply ej influence can damange your mind is amazing, continuously cursing 'North Indians' polluting 'South India'. Or even dividing TN into South TN and North TN.

No wonder this afro-dalit projects and joshua projects of 'Breaking India' comes from such poison.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

IMO Nitin Gadkari will go whichever way the RSS goes, so pro-Modi camp has a slender advantage. Advani, Sushma and Co are utterly without any shame or decency and will dig their heels in.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Karan M wrote:Devesh, exactly. If you see the posting style in other threads too, it follows the same pattern. Its all about creating myths and manufacturing grievances, n vs s, TN vs the rest, speaking on behalf of those who never asked this dood to speak for them...ditto with the NAC types as well. Its amazing how the techniques and methods come naturally..

And add the tendency to speak authoritatively with "all iz well" pronouncements, whenever anyone criticized the "centrist" GOI and its economic/administrative disaster, long claims about how India was advancing even so and similar stuff with cherrypicked stats...now of course, the chickens have come home to roost, and no amount of number fudging can hide the reality.

All pretence about being politically neutral, while the inner identification with the party that serves ethno-religious interests is very well marked out, and hence jumps in whenever possible to influence the "neutral" types who take such doods at face value..

Also proferring advice to modi and other "right ward" types.. now. Apparently, its the right ward types who are an issue, as versus the turds in the left who encourage lemuria, this-iya, that-iya and all sorts of c-iya fantasies to divide indians.
Brilliant post, saar. Thanks for posting. My reading of the situ: uski phat lee hai, thodi deyr chup baithega, phir mauka dekhkar trolling dobara shuru.

Just yawn and move on. Giving too much attn to known trolls is pointless. These ones are no better than the chini trolls infesting the PRC econ dhaga.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

When paid agents run the newspapers
The blind cannot see, but wilfull blindness seems important to many people, including sections of the media. A case in point is the interview given by Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar to The New York Times that talks, in passing, about 2002 and Narendra Modi ’s responsibility for it. What got picked up and highlighted - with much tut-tutting by card-carrying secularists - was Parrikar’s statement that 2002 was a blot on Modi’s record. This part of his statement was, in fact, a tiny portion of the interview and it reads: “It (2002) should not have happened, the administration should have clamped down on any violence, [If I were in his place] I would have ensured…but Modi was new to the job as chief minister. It was a blot on Modi’s career…”. The question is: was Parrikar really criticising Modi or merely stating facts as he saw them? I suggest that this is what anyone would have said, when asked the same question. Who would say 2002 was a great thing to happen? Who would not assign some responsibility to whoever was at the helm at that time? Even Modi has said if he was guilty of anything, “ please hang me .” The misreading of Parrikar’s argumental thrust shows how vulnerable we are to our own biases. In a short interview of seven questions published by the NYT, even the balancing parts of the answer to the same question got de-emphasised. And the more important parts of the Q&A, including parts referring to Modi and his popularity, got lost in the heat and dust generated by the singular focus on 2002. Thus, The Times of India chose to headline the interview, “Gujarat riots blot on Modi’s career.” DNA chose to tomtom Parrikar’ s alleged boast that he would have done better than Modi in 2002. Firstpost didn’t manage anything different either. The Indian Express offered better balance: even while highlighting the “blot” part of the statement, it emphasised Parrikar’s point that Modi need not apologise . Consider how the NYT itself headlined the item: “A conversation with: Goa CM Manohar Parrikar”, in the India Ink section of its website. (Read the full NYT interview here ). Now, let’s read some more of what Parrikar actually said about 2002 while answering the same question about the post-Godhra riots. He begins by specifically saying that Modi cannot be blamed for it fully, and that he does not even need to make an apology. “Administrative failure does not mean everything is blamed on one man, Narendra Modi. What happened then was unfortunate, but that does not require his apology, it requires his correction and he has done that. There were many reasons why people lost control in 2002 after the dead bodies (of Hindu pilgrims from an earlier attack)] were shown on TV.” (Italics mine). More importantly, Parrikar is not coy in calling a spade a spade and points out that people believe in targeting Modi because they are afraid of his popularity. He said: “People who oppose him do so because they fear him.” And just in case you think this is par for the course, Parrikar, in his previous question, makes no bones about the fact that Modi is the man to lead the BJP to victory. Asked about his own candidature and the BJP’s prospects in 2014 given that it does not have too many allies, Parrikar first rules himself out and then suggests that Modi may, in fact, swing a huge majority for the BJP. He said: “There is a 5 to 6 percent vote swing in favour of the BJP, and if you map our party’s demographic, then we have the possibility of winning in 330 to 340 seats (above the 272 majority mark, and enough to ensure Mr Modi as prime minister). Does this sound like Parrikar is baiting Modi, or that he is in the anti-Modi camp? A more interesting headline for the Parrikar interview would have been “Goa CM predicts 330 seats for BJP in 2014”. That would be saying something new, not the tired old accusations about 2002. Parrikar also explains why the mood may be swinging towards Modi: “Today the scenario in the country is a (Congress party-led) regime that is not delivering, a regime where the prime minister (Manmohan Singh) is seen as a lameduck. The government has to be pragmatic and get things done, but this government is incapable of doing it, it’s in a perpetual state of suspension. In these circumstances, particularly young people see an alternative model in Modi, and if they want him as prime minister they will have to elect his local representative….I believe a national mood is forming to put the BJP in power and Modi as prime minister.” An even more interesting headline, in fact, would be about what Parrikar thinks about the term “Hindu nationalist” a term for which Modi was routinely pilloried. Parrikar was asked: “You are seen as the moderate face of the Hindu right, but where do you see yourself ideologically? Are you a Hindu nationalist?” His reply: “I am a perfect Hindu, but that is my personal faith, it has nothing to do with government. India is a Hindu nation in the cultural sense..A Catholic in Goa is also Hindu culturally, because his practices don’t match with Catholics in Brazil, except in the religious aspect, a Goan Catholic’s way of thinking and practice matches a Hindu’s. So Hindu for me is not a religious term, it is cultural. I am not the Hindu nationalist as understood by some TV media not one who will take out a sword and kill a Muslim. According to me that is not Hindu behaviour at all. Hindus don’t attack anyone, they only do so for self-defense - that is our history. But in the right sense of the term, I am a Hindu nationalist.” In short, when Modi says he is a Hindu nationalist, we think the worst of him, but when Parrikar says more or less the same, with different nuancing, he is a moderate Hindu, a secular Hindu. The media has also been busy reporting how there is an anti-Modi camp comprising LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Shivraj Singh Chouhan of Madhya Pradesh, but the last-named anti-Modi camper has already tweeted that he does not oppose Modi’s candidature. As for the other two, they make a psychological difference to the BJP’s internal dynamics, but will have no veto on the party’s final decision on naming Modi as its PM candidate, or impact the party’s poll prospects. The national mood, as Parikkar explains, is about Modi, and even if Advani campaigns against Modi, it won’t dent the BJP. People will see through the game of trying to suddenly glorifying Advani, once seen as the villain of 1992, just to spite Modi. The only people whose views count are those of the BJP’s chief ministers, who worry not about Modi’s prime ministerial ambitions, but his early projection, which will then reduce their own stature in their poll-bound states. Remember, Chouhan, Vasundhara Raje and Raman Singh are fighting highly local battles, and conversion of the vote into a national referendum on Modi does not help them at all. Or, at least, they think so. The media is unable to see what they are really trying to say, and imagines that there is a huge anti-Modi plananx inside the BJP. Sure, there is resistance, but this is the resistance of the weak and irrelevant. Papers tigers were not meant to roar. They will melt away sooner than you can say Narendra Modi.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

no doubt.. LKA is sure going to be the case of one pile of cr@p hitting the fan soon. i hope, he does some yoga and meditation and come to a realization of how much iron he carries on the paper than on his body and brains.

babooze need to take real stats from market surveys before they crap... else it is either a state of mind problem or they need to mind their mental states very often.
member_27444
BRFite

Post by member_27444 »

This is by venerable swargiya Varsha bhen

The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to
generation, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the
best strategy is to dismount. In modern society, however, a whole range of
optimistic strategies are employed, such as: buying a stronger whip, changing
riders, threatening the dead horse with termination, appointing a committee
to study the horse, arranging to visit other countries to see how others ride
dead horses, lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included,
hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse, harnessing several dead
horses together to increase the speed, providing additional funding and/or
training to increase the dead horse's performance, doing a productivity study
to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse's performance,
re-writing the expected performance requirements for all horses, promoting
the dead horse to a supervisory position...

Fact is, you can find a living horse only after you get off the dead horse.
Hajpayee's BJP is a dead horse. The choice is yours: Dismount, or despair.
Edit---> Find----->"hajpayee" Replace "LK Advani"the picture is more pronounced.

I never was a fan of LKG there were better stalwarts like Balraj Madhok ....

This guy is fifth columnist and has something to fear and bats regularly for Sonia G for sure

NaMo should watch his back because more than congress the old guard still carry daggers!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

perhaps it is time for someone to write up an article showing all failures of old guards
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Sushupti wrote:Image
From 6th Sept., a few days ago. This prudent Indian is the same "100% accurate" guy, whose earlier prediction of a "big event in the BJP" proved to be a fizzle. I don't remember how many pages ago in this thread that "big event" was.

Any updates on this prediction this time?
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Theo_Fidel wrote:There is a little bit of speculation the it reflects land that was lost due to the recent 300 foot sea level rise since 4000 BC. But I discount it.
My own view is the Kumari Kandam is ancient Psy-ops. A bit of origin myth making. Most other cultures have/had similar mythologies though much is lost in time. TN folk are fortunate the texts are still extent. Having such an origin myth makes resistance absolute and the drive to take on the world strong. It has been good for TN.
Last post on this in this dhaaga: It is a theory/model; and it can be proved wrong or correct. A lot of research has to take place before dismissing it outright as some psy-ops. Why phoo-phoo the memory of people when it comes to tamilians but then account for other people's memory?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

SwamyG wrote:
Theo_Fidel wrote:There is a little bit of speculation the it reflects land that was lost due to the recent 300 foot sea level rise since 4000 BC. But I discount it.
My own view is the Kumari Kandam is ancient Psy-ops. A bit of origin myth making. Most other cultures have/had similar mythologies though much is lost in time. TN folk are fortunate the texts are still extent. Having such an origin myth makes resistance absolute and the drive to take on the world strong. It has been good for TN.
Last post on this in this dhaaga: It is a theory/model; and it can be proved wrong or correct. A lot of research has to take place before dismissing it outright as some psy-ops. Why phoo-phoo the memory of people when it comes to tamilians but then account for other people's memory?
+1. But did you ever think why a S.TN person is saying this? Because the deluge happened some where else, so loyalties lie elsewhere.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

the deluge created grand canyons, the oceans got angry and sunk the kondoms. fine.. move on, i think that is not the contention here... so, it becomes ot... unless there is a metaphor.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

sudarshan wrote: From 6th Sept., a few days ago. This prudent Indian is the same "100% accurate" guy, whose earlier prediction of a "big event in the BJP" proved to be a fizzle. I don't remember how many pages ago in this thread that "big event" was.

Any updates on this prediction this time?
Have a little patience :) and meanwhile here is the latest update:

BJP, RSS decide to appoint Modi as PM candidate: Sources
Gujarat Chief Minster Narendra Modi is likely to be announced as the BJP prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. According to the sources, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) have decided to appoint Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate. The sources also said that seniors BJP leaders including LK Advani and Sushma Swaraj are not against the idea of Modi as PM.

"BJP president Rajnath Singh will call a meeting of the party's parliamentary board in the next few days. RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has held another round of meeting with Advani," said sources.

The RSS-BJP held two-day meeting in New Delhi, which ended on Monday. However, RSS leader Manmohan Vaidya said that there was no discussion over the party's prime ministerial candidate during the meeting.
The above is tweeted by GVL too.
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

Muppala ji, that ibnlive site has some malicious url as per my anti-virus.
Theo_Fidel

Post by Theo_Fidel »

SwamG,

It is not a theory, it is not a hypothesis and most definitely not even informed speculation.

There has been quite a bit of scientific research in the area and nothing like the described exists/existed or is likely to exist. It is true that during the ice age the ocean levels were lower and KKY was roughly 100-200 kms further south and lanka was joined to India. But genetic research shows that the folks in S.TN did not come from lanka or descended from Lankan tribes. It is strongly possible that the local deep SDRE tribes with ‘F’ Haplotype went on to populate the entire world, at least on the male line, but this was 50 kya type timescale.

It is origin myth making and to my mind a more powerful structure. It depends on faith and sentiment. Keep in mind that till the 18th century these stories and ideas were lost to the Tamil folk. They were a beaten down and extremely impoverished folk. In fact the colonial guys thought that TN was the poorest region of India with repeated devastating famines. It was the ability to self generate pride that allowed the people to break free of that trap and find ways to attack the world on a more even footing. That is what cultural pride is all about. In the traditional model, the black skinned folk of the south were easily labeled as low folk and treated nastily. Is it any surprise they chose to reject that model and prefer to ally with the Kumari Kandam model where they have a model to dominate the world.

The reality is the Kumari Kandam model can not be falsified. It is not about reality but of dreams and aspirations and hope of an entire people. No wonder non-confoming folk and political loser folks like to denigrate it.
----------------------------------

If NM wants to approach folks he has to approach them at their aspiration level. I have said this before that he comes across as very NI right now. He is going to struggle in SI without directly approaching the voters. This is where folks like SS cause damage to him. By supporting him in most NI oriented pattern they alienate the aspiration of those with other origin myths.
----------------------

SAIK,

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Like I said origin myths are not about falsification.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Pehchaan Kaun!!

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Has PM played into BJP’s hands with his Rahul for PM statement

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/has-p ... ef_article
http://www.firstpost.com/politics/has-p ... 93657.html
The BJP is loving the latest political development and especially the fact that it came about due to a statement from the unlikeliest person in the Congress. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh finally turned out to be the person who made the parliamentary polls a clash of personalities – between Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi – something the Congress had actively been trying to downplay in the run up to the next elections. The problem for Rahul Gandhi is that while he has effectively snubbed such suggestions from within and outside the party for the last several months, this comes from no less than the Prime Minister and is sure to raise the ‘Rahul for PM’ chorus once again. If that should happen, both Gandhi and his core strategists could find it difficult to deal with its obvious fallout.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Muppalla wrote: Have a little patience :) and meanwhile here is the latest update:
Muppalla ji, the question is of the credibility of the twits on twitter, who are running a anti BJP campaign echoing congress words under the guise of supporting NaMo.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks stop derailing with Kumari Kandam and other red herrings.

Thanks,

ramana
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

From the IBNLive site (some browsers may give warning on that site because of the ads/popups):

New Delhi: The RSS and the BJP have reportedly agreed on appointing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as BJP's prime ministerial candidate. The appointment may be announced very soon, say BJP sources. RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat has himself told LK Advani and Sushma Swaraj that there is no point in delaying the announcement of the PM candidate. At the end of the two day RSS-BJP coordination committee meet the signal was loud and clear. Narendra Modi, the Sangh's poster boy will be leading the charge of the saffron party in the big battle. The RSS indicated differences over Modi's impending elevation have been ironed out. "The meeting wasn't called to discuss (PM candidate), it wasn't discussed. We didn't sense any confusion inside the meet, it only exists outside," said RSS leader Manmohan Vaidya. Sources indicate Narendra Modi's elevation is not linked with assembly elections slated for year end. Party patriarch LK Advani and Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj were insisting upon a delayed announcement after November polls. RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat has had to intervene to settle the issue.

Indications are that the announcement anointing Modi could come as early as this weekend that is before beginning of the inauspicious month based on Hindu calender. The meeting of BJP Parliamentary board is likely to be called next few days. With clarity emerging that BJP's campaign committee chairman is their PM candidate and the Prime Minister endorsing Rahul Gandhi will 2014 General Elections see a direct face-off between the two?

Read more at: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/narendra-mod ... ef_article
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

So the tweet from 'Prudent Indian' stands true ? :)
Last edited by Garooda on 09 Sep 2013 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Garooda wrote:So the tweet from 'Prudent Indian' stands true :)
No not really, he is already wrong. As for NaMo for PM, AS said in a interview some time back "he is the candidate", stiing BJP MLAs from Bangalore have been running NaMo for PM type campaigns about a week or more back, so the fact that NaMo will be made the PM nominee in some shape or form has been clear since at least Goa when he was given a higher post.

So saying, the moon will rise tomorrow, is not really a big disclosure, especially when it does not rise the next day, being amavasya, but two days later.
Garooda
BRFite

Post by Garooda »

Sanku wrote:
Garooda wrote:So the tweet from 'Prudent Indian' stands true :)
No not really, he is already wrong. As for NaMo for PM, AS said in a interview some time back "he is the candidate", stiing BJP MLAs from Bangalore have been running NaMo for PM type campaigns about a week or more back, so the fact that NaMo will be made the PM nominee in some shape or form has been clear since at least Goa when he was given a higher post.

So saying, the moon will rise tomorrow, is not really a big disclosure, especially when it does not rise the next day, being amavasya, but two days later.
True but endorsement by major parties and/or official declaration is what I thought it was.
Last edited by Garooda on 09 Sep 2013 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

No sanku ji that means 'Prudent Indian' is a good source. He comes good in hours.

Nany bow lets see what the sepoy is upto

sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

If Prudent Indian is right, that means the decision has been made internally, and we should all just wait for the official announcement. So wait and see some more, I suppose.

Ravi_g, great pics. If it's fair skin that dem SDRE voters are hankering after, NaMo's got it. Is Sonia-mata fair-'n-lovelier than this :)?
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Theo ji wrote:"Kumari Kandam gave confidence for "south Indians" in Attacking dutty naarthies on an equal footing"

My confused mind (confused with whether I am a south Indian or a north Indian) has many poonch Theo ji..

My skin color is deep black on the outside but mother always used to say that I was born as white because of some bad bad north Indian blood from my fathers side. Yet I always remember my self to be a blackie - maybe all the cricket in midday sun burnt me into a crisp black like my mother says.

Also my Iris looks deep black for a naked eye but deep genetic analysis revealed that its actually green color from inside which became recessive (kind of invisible green) due to excessive north Indian bad blood from my mother's father and father's mother side.

So considering above Theo ji , tell me should I Soosai against the naarth Indian or shud I go JEEHAARD on the south Indian ?
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

This is the level of degradtion of BJP. Amby and Moped want BJP to keep treading on this path.

Serial Jodha Akbar In Trouble

BJP MP Nazma Heptullah demanded in Rajyasabha that the serial be banned for depicting Akbar as tyrant who forcibly married and kept Jodha. Nazma said that the serial was tampering history and children are being shown history differently than what they studied in books. Nazma was supported by some of her fellow MPs. Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla responded that he would convey the sentiments of MPs to Information and Broadcasting Minister and request him to take necessary steps on the issue.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ente ... 436678.cms
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Looks like everybody missed this political obituary to Moped

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1130909/j ... 328462.jsp
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Interesting, one of my relative had a job where he had to slog it out in the sun for a decade or so before moving onto a desk job. He is relatively dark skinned from 'outside' but fair side of shyaam on the 'inside'. His son is born fair side of shyaam but after going through some swimming lessons became a little dark in a month. The kids mom says he turns a little dark every vacation!
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

vishvak wrote:Interesting, one of my relative had a job where he had to slog it out in the sun for a decade or so before moving onto a desk job. He is relatively dark skinned from 'outside' but fair side of shyaam on the 'inside'. His son is born fair side of shyaam but after going through some swimming lessons became a little dark in a month. The kids mom says he turns a little dark every vacation!
Why are we discussing "Race" science :D of 18th century here?
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

The gathering storm

London: The many-sided collapse of the Indian Union is gathering momentum. The principal cause is the determination of the Nehru-Gandhi clan to remain in power at all cost, even if it means a truncated and battered legacy, i.e., a broken backed and shrunken country. The other immediate underlying cause of India’s unparalleled predicament is the non-existence of an ultimate national executive authority in the shape of a prime minister. This is the reason that I had argued early in the United Progressive Alliance’s rule that it would have been infinitely preferable to have the Congress president as prime minister. It would have prevented the devastating consequences of the prevalent disconnect between power and responsibility.

There is nothing personal about the Congress opposition to Narendra Modi. It has everything to do with his threat to their resumption of political power because he virtually assures their political oblivion. Such an outcome is highly likely regardless of whether the Bharatiya Janata Party itself manages to garner enough votes to lead a coalition government. Of course, powerful elements within the BJP national leadership, especially its Delhi cabal, would prefer to remain in Opposition rather than cede primacy to a rank outsider, possibly a person regarded as too humble in origin as well. The collateral damage to India of failing to completely oust the Congress does not apparently perturb them sufficiently. It may be inferred some are scheming discreetly with Congress manipulators to undermine Modi, both evidently sharing disdain for someone regarded as a trespasser. However, they rightly fear he may sweep away the entire dreadful Delhi tweedledum tweedledee detritus that has brought the country to its knees.

A Third Front coalition, which Narendra Modi’s intervention will surely bring to power, at the very least, even if the BJP fails to emerge dominant, poses an almost equally serious quandary for the incumbent UPA. Such a third front will not be able to resist the temptation to deliver a coup de grace to the remnants of a bloodied Congress cadaver. That would indeed be the politically astute move to secure its own longevity at the Centre and in the states. Besides, some leaders of a possible third front coalition harbour deep animus at the abuse of power by the Congress to keep them in line, in order to retain its stranglehold.

Many also have indignant memories of the barely concealed contempt of the Congress retinue surrounding 10 Janpath for their social origins and lack of cosmopolitan deportment. It may even be surmised from past experience that despite the manifest venality of some of these political leaders they may be less prone to surrender India to foreign interests. They mostly do not possess the wherewithal to flee to Swiss retreats if the worst comes to the worst and will be obliged to fight their Indian corner. Without a shadow of doubt even Mayawati and Mulayam will be a vast improvement on the pathetic, puppet Manmohan Singh.

The shocking disarray into which Sonia Gandhi and her dismal crew have cast India needs little rehearsing to illustrate the interconnectedness of outwardly discrete damaging events. The destruction of the Indian economy is the result of massive corruption, prime ministerial inaction, amounting to personal culpability, which ended in policy paralysis. Shockingly, 10 Janpath and its disgraceful family retainers have mobilized barefaced policy gurus from India and abroad to endorse policies that led to the dreadful situation that has befallen India.

The growth versus equity debate is an absurdity of which India’s half-educated news anchors and editorialists have no clue, but incessantly ventilate like possessed parrots. For a long time, it has been widely agreed that trade-offs do exist and have to be managed with a measure of caution and circumspection. It does not mean unrestricted government borrowing to fund politically-motivated misspending that adds nothing to productivity and leaks fraudulently in the bargain.

The symptomatic run on the rupee has made it impossible to conceal the utter ruin of the Indian economy. Predictably, suspect opportunistic remedies are being touted with alacrity, especially encouragement to short-term capital flows that will only deepen structural disjunctures of the Indian economy. Yet, these panicky measures are being hailed for their alleged sagacity, without regard to their troubling implications for long-term Indian economic autonomy. They essentially amount to what a banana republic does when international events impact harshly on a country overwhelmed by its own domestic incompetence. The repudiation of solemn promises on sourcing and infrastructure development in retail FDI is but one example of the treasonous lack of concern for future generations, displayed by a prime minister without either a vestige of credibility or moral integrity left. The foisting of a former IMF chief economist on India looks suspiciously like what may become their own petard!

The growing evidence of political paralysis and seizure of Indian decision-making is the backdrop to the evident belligerence of its neighbours. These are the circumstances that encourage probing by hostile neighbours to advance goals against an enemy. And this is exactly what China and Pakistan are doing in cahoots with each other. In this context, it is highly unlikely that the essentially hard line Nawaz Sharif is seriously at odds with the historical goals of Pakistan’s military establishment vis-a-vis India though he may be seeking to exercise greater personal control over it.

Differences with the military do not mean serious disagreements over policy towards India that enjoys the support of most Pakistanis, i.e., detaching Kashmir from it and being an effective competitor with it, however forbidding an aspiration. Precipitating tensions through serial ceasefire violations and increased infiltration to cause mayhem are an initial phase before more serious confrontation takes place. Such friction between two nuclear powers, one of them highly unstable, which the world already views with grave disquiet, is the apt setting for inviting international intervention to change the status quo.

China is also possibly getting ready to cauterize India politically by offering a border settlement that India’s supine political and bureaucratic leadership will find irresistible. This prospect might explain the latter’s duplicitous insouciance and relaxed view of incremental territorial losses to Chinese aggression. A border settlement will be intended to remove India from the Asian equation of opponents to China’s regional dominance that requires accounts to be settled with Japan first and foremost. India’s bonhomie with it has evidently prompted unease in Beijing. The on-going contemporary aggression is designed to frighten India before its military modernization has taken place, which Chinese defence planners have openly declared will mature around 2017.

Indeed, one of China’s generals advocated attacking India before that happens, in the presence of a Chinese Harvard scholar who was recommending the charms of Indian democracy to an audience in China. China has apparently worked out which bits of disputed territory along the LAC it would like to have and is making moves to ensure a fait accompli. Changes to the extant LAC status quo being imposed militarily by China will seem paltry in the context of an overall settlement that will nevertheless favour it. The seditious nominal rulers in Delhi, who are selling the country down the river, are likely to have given some sort of undertaking that would also entail unprecedented betrayal of the Tibetan government-in-exile once the Dalai Lama has left the scene. It is this issue which has always been the real foundation of Sino-Indian discord rather than the border, which was a symptom of it, once China had gained the Aksai Chin it sought for strategic reasons.

In the meantime, a thoroughly besieged Iranian regime, a beneficiary of Indian solicitousness in recent years, has displayed unexpected loathing for it. The vacuity of the implied ingenuity of Indian diplomacy, actually amounting to nothing but self-doubt and a tendency to concede, while feigning an aura of honour, stands embarrassingly exposed. By contrast, Iranian diplomacy is much more hardnosed than anything India can muster despite Iran’s apparent international isolation. It is also abundantly clear that trifling Gulf statelets harbour nothing but derision for India and allow the Pakistani ISI and their surrogates from India free reign to plot against it from their jurisdictions. And why shouldn’t they, when so many high and mighty Indians avail their banking services to launder loot, purchase garish abodes along the Arabian Gulf coast and venerated Mumbai starlets gyrate before portly local audiences for hard cash?

India’s domestic insurgencies and political difficulties are another dimension that its enemies have always studied assiduously and helped exacerbate with unstinting support. Maoists, jihadis, counterfeiters and assorted diehard anti-nationals meet routinely to coordinate their assaults on the Indian state. These assignations occur in Gulf cities, Kathmandu, Dhaka, etc., under the aegis of Sino-Pak agencies who fund and oversee the individuals involved. They have, in turn, spawned human rights advocates, who take up the cudgels on their behalf whenever the need arises. These local anti-Indian surrogates are usually paid activists, often with high-level establishment connections. Some of them have been ideologically brainwashed by academics in respectable institutions abroad at the instigation of their national intelligence agencies, with which many, for example, in the UK, are routinely engaged.

In the recent past, I read two suspect books on the India-China dispute, patronised by a major publisher and written by Indian authors of modest academic credentials. These stealthily sought to discredit India’s established viewpoint in favour of laboured legal interpretations according primacy to the question of historically “undemarcated” territory and India’s allegedly illegitimate “forward policy”. All of a piece and extremely sinister, yet the incumbent UPA government, besieged on numerous fronts and patently unable to deal with any, remains obscenely fixated on hounding Narendra Modi. And it seems quite indifferent to its cost to a nation in the gravest danger for many generations.

http://newsinsight.net/Thegatheringstor ... age=page-1
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

they should be sent to jail!
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

Lilo wrote:
Theo ji wrote:"Kumari Kandam gave confidence for "south Indians" in Attacking dutty naarthies on an equal footing"

My confused mind (confused with whether I am a south Indian or a north Indian) has many poonch Theo ji..

My skin color is deep black on the outside but mother always used to say that I was born as white because of some bad bad north Indian blood from my fathers side. Yet I always remember my self to be a blackie - maybe all the cricket in midday sun burnt me into a crisp black like my mother says.

Also my Iris looks deep black for a naked eye but deep genetic analysis revealed that its actually green color from inside which became recessive (kind of invisible green) due to excessive north Indian bad blood from my mother's father and father's mother side.

So considering above Theo ji , tell me should I Soosai against the naarth Indian or shud I go JEEHAARD on the south Indian ?

Krishna called up and asked the same question.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

The Cabal Within the Party to Stop Narendra Modi
By Sandeep

This is my translation of Pratap Simha’s article published in Kannada Prabha on 7 September 2013. Comments and criticism welcome as always.

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within,” said Cicero back in the time BC. If we replace the word “nation” in his quote with “party,” it will be a perfect mirror to the developments currently occurring in a national party called the Bharatiya Janata Party. There’s a reason we need to say this:

Lal Krishna Advani

Sushma Swaraj

Ananth Kumar

Arun Jaitley

This foursome is more popularly known in the Twitter universe as Dilli-4 or D4. When Arun Shourie in his interview with Devil’s Advocate last week mentioned about some stateless leaders in the BJP, he was referring to none but this foursome. A gentleman named Vinod Sharma (@vinod_sharma) on Twitter continually criticizes this foursome. Perhaps no other person on Twitter has condemned this group so harshly and so relentlessly over the last two years. Even as this piece was being written, here’s what Vinod Sharma tweeted: If D4 actually succeeds in sabotaging Modi, then there will be nothing to choose between Cong & BJP, and no need to vote. Or tweet. Even the most committed BJP supporters on Twitter didn’t take Vinod Sharma seriously for a long time. They had assumed that he was biased against the Gods named Advani, Sushma, Ananth and Arun.

BUT…

When we watch the developments, when we see the kind of statements that are being issued, and when we observe the skulduggery going on in the BJP today, it does seem that Vinod Sharma is speaking the truth.

So what exactly is happening in the BJP?

The announcement of Narendra Modi as the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate was supposed to happen on 15 August. That didn’t happen. A high level meeting of the BJP-RSS top brass is scheduled on 8 and 9 September (Ed: the meeting has since happened. No word on his PM candidature yet has come out.). A similar meeting had taken place on 10 August as well. Nothing came out of that either.

So who exactly is blocking Narendra Modi and why?

On 3 September, Bhaiyyaji Joshi–the second most powerful leader in the RSS–who had a meeting with Advani and Sushma Swaraj said, “It looks impossible to delay announcing Modi as the PM candidate any further.” On 31 August, Arun Jaitley expressed his indirect support to Modi when he declared that “there should be no controversy over the issue of the party’s prime ministerial candidate as that would be akin to committing a hit-wicket.” On 17 August, Suresh Soni who is akin to a link between the BJP and the RSS declared that “criticism of Modi will not be tolerated and that strict action must be taken against those who criticise him.” Thus, although there’s consensus within both the Sangh Parivar and the BJP over the choice of Narendra Modi as the PM candidature, the official announcement is yet to ensue. Do you know the reason?

UNHOLY TRINITY!

The members are none other than the Advani-Ananth Kumar-Sushma Swaraj trio! Things have come to such a pass that there’s no option but to say this. Cut back to July when the BJP National Executive met at Goa. There it was pretty much clear that Narendra Modi would be declared the party’s Campaign Committe head. When this news reached Advani, he stayed back in Delhi citing the excuse of illness. However, as soon as the news of Modi-as-Campaign Committe-head was confirmed, the selfsame Advani immediately stood up and wrote his resignation letter, which was then splashed all over the media. This singular act was the loudest advertisement of the fact that he placed his self interest above the nation and the party’s interest. Subsequently, there was a dim ray of hope when he retracted his resignation after honouring Sarasanghchalak Mohan Bhagwat’s words. But that was proven wrong again on 15 August. What was Advani’s behaviour that day? It is the people who are the final judges of the propriety or otherwise of Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech, coming as it did in direct competition with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s speech. Apart from the people, if anybody had to criticize Modi’s speech, it was Modi’s political opponents. What exactly was the reason for Advani to don the role reserved for Modi/BJP’s political opponents? Why did he criticize Modi? Over the past 65 years, several Prime Ministers have delivered Independence Day speeches as a tradition. And the Opposition and the people of India have tolerated these speeches. But let’s be honest: has any good come out of these speeches, of this tradition? Or has the country suffered any loss because Modi delivered a speech on August 15? The world’s powerful democracy, America has a tradition where the Opposition critiques the President’s Independence Day on the same day. If this is the reality, why did Advani need to behave as if Modi committed a massive blunder? And by doing this, what message did he hope to send both to the party and others?

What does all this show except revealing Advani’s pettiness?

Right in the wake of this episode, Narendra Modi’s bitter detractor, Rajdeep Sardesai wrote the following: “My 18-year-old son is a first-time voter. I asked him what he thought of Modi’s Independence Day speech and whether it was inappropriately timed. “I don’t know about the timing, but at least he spoke!” And therein hangs a tale.”" Doesn’t the BJP’s crowning leader understand the simple truth so obvious in these lines?

What’s infinitely tragic is the fact that it appears as if Advani and Sushma themselves don’t want the BJP to win 200-plus seats in the 2014 polls! The intent behind their behaviour seems to be this. This is because if the BJP gets 160-170 seats, the calculation is that Advani will stand a chance to become Prime Minister. And if Modi is stopped in his tracks, Sushma Swaraj reckons that she’d succeed Advani after his term as PM. As for Ananth Kumar, he’s fully aware that he’d stand to profit immensely if Advani becomes the PM. This then is the simple reason why they’ve ganged up against Modi.

Let’s set aside the past contributions of these worthies to the BJP and talk about their current merits and qualifications.

In 2009, inflation was hovering around 20%. People were getting fed up with the Congress. A sizeable section felt that it was a mistake to vote out Vajpayee. There was also widespread anger against black money. However, did Lal Krishna Advani convert this anger against Congress into votes for the BJP? Forget that. The BJP’s existing tally of 136 dropped drastically down to 116! Besides, his stint as Home and Deputy Prime Minister wasn’t marked by any major accomplishment. On the contrary, the Akshardham attack, the Parliament attack, the 16 soldiers killed by Bangladesh, the release of Peter Bleach, the Kandahar episode…all of these happened under Advani’s watch. He never distinguished himself as an able administrator during the six long years he ruled. And what does he have to show for the nine years that he’s been the Leader of Opposition? Let’s take the Monsoon Session of the Parliament: he derailed the proceedings till the end of the month by holding the Parliament hostage and when only a week remained for the session to end, the selfsame Advani along with Sushma, Ananth and Arun helped the Congress pass all the bills. The question naturally arises: under whose direction is he acting? Thanks to such behaviour, the BJP is now stuck with the label of being an obstructionist party while the nation-wrecking Congress party, which is determined to annihiliate India’s economy by passing the Food Security Bill is praised as the messiah of the poor! Between the two of them, the Congress and the BJP have entered into a cozy arrangement of behaviour in Parliament whereby one pretends to slap the other and the other pretends to weep. In the same Devil’s Advocate program, Arun Shourie also remarked to Karan Thapar that “We should recognise that what happens in Parliament is most often a drama. It is a well rehearsed, staged planned drama. You will shout, I will shout, the Speaker in 5 minutes will say ok adjourned till 12:30.” This is the real reason people have completely lost trust in the central leadership of the BJP and want Narendra Modi’s decisive leadership at the Centre. It is why they want him as the Prime Minister.

Even if we forget all this, a crucial question still remains: when Robert Vadra massive fraud came to light, this Delhi-4 didn’t show the slightest spine to condemn him; so how do we trust them to lead the nation with courage and integrity? Can they issue a strong statement against the Congress? They can’t because they know that the very moment they do that, Sonia Gandhi will open their can of dirty secrets. She’ll spill out the complete details of who took how much sleaze money in the Reddy brothers case and the IPL fiasco. When KJP’s Dhananjaya Kumar openly alleged that Advani’s son used to visit Karnataka with the sole purpose of taking money, the state BJP leaders hollered from the rooftops but not one of them refuted the allegation. If such leaders really have guts, let’s see whether they can vociferously condemn Sonia Gandhi the way they do Narendra Modi.

In the run up to the 2010 Bihar polls, when the media asked why Modi isn’t campaigning in Bihar, pat came the reply from Sushma: “Modi is not the only leader,” thereby demonstrating her small-mindedness quite early in the game. And we don’t need to separately chastise Ananth Kumar who destroyed the BJP in Karnataka by repeatedly whispering into Advani’s ears. The story of how Ananth Kumar helped the Congress return to power in Karnataka by forcing Yeddyurappa out of the party was narrated in Parliament by Finance Minister, P.Chidambaram. Here’s what he said: “we are happy that Ananth Kumar played a role in the victory of Congress in Karnataka.”

And then we have Arun Jaitley, also part of Delhi-4. He might harbour Prime Ministerial ambitions but he’s basically a business-like leader and a realist. He has accurately understood the pulse of both the party workers and the people and keeping in mind the party’s future, has lent his support to Modi.

That leaves us with the three. In what direction do these three want to take nation? What’s the kind of excuses they’re spouting?

“No no! Let’s not declare Modi as the PM candidate right now! We’ll take a decision after the four states go to polls in November-December. If we declare his candidature now, the Muslims will be polarised against us. If that happens, it might adversely impact the party.” Speak the truth: since Independence, has there been any election where Muslims have not been polarised? has there been any poll where Muslims haven’t voted en masse for a particular party? If this is the historical reality, is there even any sense in claiming that Muslims would be polarised if Modi is declared the PM candidate? On the contrary, if Modi is indeed declared the PM candidate, there is every chance that for the first time since Independence, the Hindus would vote as a block. Every survey shows that Modi’s solid record of development has touched the heart of every youth across the nation, which in turn has veered their votes in his favour.

In the past, issues like terrorism, separatism, and anti-nationalist activities were restricted to border areas like Jammu & Kashmir, Assam, Nagaland, and so on. Today, as we can see, this danger is openly visible in every corner of India. We don’t even need to read them in newspapers to learn about them. They’re visible, right before our eyes. In Modi, people see a strong leader who’s capable of wiping out this danger, and under whose leadership they feel secure. In fact, this can provide the BJP with another kind of polarisation. Can the minority polarisation stand a chance before this kind of polarisation? Today, if the nationwide tidal wave of anger against the Congress is swerving towards the BJP, the reason is the people’s faith and hope in its (yet undeclared) Prime Ministerial candidate named Narendra Damodardas Modi. Today, apart from Modi, do you see any other politician who speaks a language comprising such things as defence budget, defence production, manufacturing…and the staggering number of jobs it’ll create? Have you even by mistake heard Advani, Sushma and Ananth speak this language? This is the reason Arun Shourie says that under Modi’s leadership, it won’t be a surprise if the BJP manages to win even 230 seats.

The Sangh which has understood this needs to declare Modi as the PM candidate as soon as possible. Else, both the party and the nation will pay dearly owing to the Advani-Ananth-Sushma cabal. As Cicero says, it is the internal enemies who are more dangerous than the external ones.

http://www.sandeepweb.com/2013/09/10/th ... ndra-modi/
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Sanku wrote:
Muppalla wrote: Have a little patience :) and meanwhile here is the latest update:
Muppalla ji, the question is of the credibility of the twits on twitter, who are running a anti BJP campaign echoing congress words under the guise of supporting NaMo.
Sanku ji, we just don't know who is who. Just take the data points. One thing that is evolving is that Modi will be declared as PM candidate in about few days.