Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

habal
BRF Oldie

Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by habal »

Whenever BJP is in power, it is a given that pressure tactics like "International outrage" will be used to make GOI go on the backfoot. I hope NM or anyone else leading BJP when the come to power have learnt a few lessons from the past. Actions (like FDI in media) which Congress had successfully avoided in the face of international pressure, NDA succumbed either due to naivete or trying to gain approval from world powers.

Staines, Church-attacks, Chattisingpora, etc. and finally Gujarat. BJP will always be made to "prove" their innocence, NM greatest test lies in that.
dear prahaarji, I have for some time believed that common congress cadre is like the b-team of BJP or Shiv Sena. They do not have much ideology apart from 'profit from office' and 'make hay while your stars allow'. They have no conviction in their own party's ideology, but where there is ideological vaccum, it is always covered up from other inputs. Their existential or latent ideology is all borrowed from right-wing sources and they indirectly ridicule any centrist politics by making ridiculous and outlandish statements of minority appeasement which they well know will be laughed at. This is because there is no guidance coming from top. The top is empty. Everybody below can do as they please under the given template. And after eclipse of leftist ideology, India has serious lack of depth in competing political philosophy. BJP here is the only game in town.

Congress has done a lot of harm to India, not because it is corrupt, which ofcourse it is, but because it has taken away very shrewdly even a semblance of a moral platform for the less represented sections of India at the centre, which was what it was supposed to do in the first place. Under Sonia, they took cue that 'profit from office' and 'cash for favors' accounted for everything. Somewhere down the line they also understood, that laws and enforcement of laws for financial misdemeanour are applicable to only those lower down the feeding chain. The higher you go, the easier it is to escape punishment because you are responsible for drafting and creating laws which can be used to prosecute those in power, and that just means do not create or facilitate laws that could assist in your prosecution. Simple as that. Sonia is an enemy of minorities in India, because she has single-handedly blanked out their major political platforms by miring it in self-serving corruption and by giving out ridiculous sound-bytes which betray a lack of any concern for future representation of these groups. Why should she care ? She will always go back to Italy. Her son & daughter can follow her if they want. But where will these people go and whom will they turn to.

Maybe India needs to do away with the concept of political parties altogether, since it is returning lesser dividends with each result. With the quality of our population and their current state of mind, it is BJP or game over. That is how this game is being set up. As to how NaMo will handle international pressure, it will have to be seen. But I feel it will be a mixed bag. Finally one can hope that Jasu will not stand beside the fax waiting for that urgent communication from massa.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

RamaY wrote:Rahul Mehta ji,

It is a well-observed pattern for ONLY Hindu religious persons to be named/blamed/shamed about their sexual-escapades in India while hush-hushing similar tendencies in other practicing religions within India. And I for one believe there is a concerted effort to show Hindu religious persons in this light to defame Hinduism.
True. Now consider Nityanand's video with some actress. The actress was adult and there was NO use of force. So there was no criminality in whole episode. It was a scandal , but no crime. There was NO reason fo policemen or judges to intervene. Yet policemen and judges cracked down and Nityanand was arrested !! The judges' actions on Nityanand were blatantly illegal. And which BJP leader , be NaMo or anyone else, asked for these judges expulsion? NONE. They all cow down when judges show the whip, whether the judges are right or wrong. IOW, BJP leaders including NaMo are all scared of lobbies which own the judges. This is a bad omen.
Now please tell us if NM is curtailing rule of law in Gujarat and if he is appeasing one varna for another. If he is not doing, then you must accept that he is a Dharmic leader.
NaMo is least impartial amongst all groups. But NaMo and other BJP leaders have shown no action in combating corrupt judges, despite huge damage they caused to Vanzara and many. What is stopping them?

The law-order in Gujarat had been better than rest of India even before 2001 due to liquor ban and land reforms which happened in 1950s. Since 1950s, the liquor ban keep criminals in liquor business and so away from other crimes. And liquor ban also gives enough money to policemen, and so they dont promote other crimes. So law-order had been good. Congress from 1984-1994, particularly Chimanbhai Patel's time 1990-93 (?), became too greedy and started promoting Latif etc. All that ended in 1995, when Keshubhai Patel came. So by 2002, law-order in Gujarat was quite OK.

And after 2002 , major improvement in law order came because of what VHP + Bajrangies did in mar-2002. Good or bad or ugly or beautiful, the biggest credit for good law-order from 2002-2013 goes to VHP. If VHP cadre, after 60 Hindus were torched in Godhara, had just gone home and just tweeted , posted, "liked" and "shared", or wore masks or made tatoos, then there would have been 10 more Godhara every year. But VHP didnt tweeted or shared in mar-2002. They did what they did, and after that law-order improved.

The economic progress in Gujarat in 2002-2013 has been massive. Much more than any previous 12 years of Gujarat and much more than rest of the India. And to considerable extent it has been due to better law-order. And a big reason for better law-order is what VHP did in mar-2002. And now NaMo is openly and completely disowning VHP volunteers, may be because of fear of judges !! Basically, NaMo is disowning his own soldiers who stood by him and worked for him in 2002. And they are all in in shambles. Half of them are in prison, and BJP is sending NO help to their family members.

When Babu Bajrangi was sentenced for life, I asked VHP workers to declare 100% true forceless Ahmedabad bandh. Most VHP workers liked the proposal. The mediamen threatened that they will not support it. So I suggested to give officially paid-advt in newspapers. VHP-activists told me that VHP is in Gujarat in financially broke and cant pay for such advt !! This is hard to believe, but thats what they say. So I offered my own money to give officially paid advt for bandh. It would have been huge success. The people in ahmedabad would have kept the bandh without any force. It would have been a tight slap on the faces of judges who gave death sentence to Babu Bajrangies etc. But BJP leaders stopped VHP from giving a bandh call. A few months later, I asked VHP activists to send orders to MPs via SMS to impeach some supreme judges because they have been showing vindictiveness and partial behavior. We have all the data. eg state of UP had 10 times more encounters than Gujarat and yet not even one IPS has been imprisoned. And in Gujarat, some dozen IPS are rotting in prison for a few encounters and enquiry was initiated by SCjs. The partiality of supreme judges against Gujarat cops has been and an open fact. And such partiality is a fit cas for impeachment. So most activists liked this SMS-proposal, but again, BJP leaders told activists NOT to send such SMS and also not to ask citizens to send such SMS. Now finally, I am making my own pamphlets to start this "order MPs via SMS to impeach these partial and vindictive judges from Supreme court" campaign. I hope to start distribution after nov-15.

All in all, BJP leaders are dead scared of all judges. No matter what wrong a judge would do, none would come in public. Worse, they dont even let activists run even an SMS campaign against judges. What would judges do against million activists sending SMS to MP demanding impeachment of some judges? Imprison million activists for contempt? Not possible. But BJP leaders dont want such campaign to take off.

All this and many more such observations convinces me that they are scared of lobbies which own judges. Now PM position or even 300 MPs is not remedy to this fear. The fear of judges and lobbies which own the judges will remain even if they get 500 MPs. And if they are afraid of judges and lobbies which own the judges, then not much actions will happen against MNC-owners and Missionaries even after may-2014. Again, IMO and TILT.
In order to influence the vision, future of Bharat, NM should get into the role of PM so he can influence the respective limbs of governance - Parliament (which enacts constitution and laws), Judiciary (which influences the interpretation of constitution and laws), Administration and Police+Armed Forces (which implements that constitution and laws) including security of territorial, cultural and national identity.
Well, a lot of things may go wrong

1. The MNC-owners and Missionaries via Congress may bring Lokpal in dec-2013 , and put their men as Lokpals , who will clip PM's wings

2. The MNC-owners and Missionaries via paid-media, can demand a public debate between Arvind Ghandy, adopted son of Sonia Ghandy, and NaMo. Given that NaMo has been running a real administration under him for 12 years, a lot of mud will be there in the files. Reality is always dirty. Arvindbhai has done no real work, and so his slate is sparkling clean. The debate can wash off many middle class votes

3. MNC-owners and Missionaries can ask NaMo to give ticket to ABV like secular people in BJP, or else, threaten to project Arvindbhai as superman.

If Arvindbhai is projected as superman, he can cut 2 crore to 3 crore middle class votes. Situation will be similar to Chiranjevi Ghandy (another adopted son of Sonia Ghandy). With this, NaMo can become PM.

So now if NaMo accepts MNC-owners' and Missionary's proposal to give BJP\NDA tickets to ABV-type people, then via these MPs, NaMo can be blackmailed after he becomes PM.

Well, between Congress and NaMo, we should go for NaMo. Which is why, in feb-2013, I ordered my MP via SMS to make NaMo PM of India today itself and not wait till may-2014. And in my Indian express advt on 3-oct-2013 in delhi, ahmedabad, mumbai, I requested all citizens to send orders via SMS on whom their MP should vote for PM-ship. And I will do same on may-2014 who-so-ever are new MPs.

But what I am telling to all NaMo-bhagats is that their decision to sit idle till may-2014 and do nothing except campaigning for NaMo, and not work on plan-B is wrong. It will be better if NaMo-bhagats start working on plan-B i.e. what to do if NaMo also becomes ABV. Because the signs of NaMo becoming ABV are visible. It can be Taquia or they may be for real. And if they are for real, then you would need a plan-B.

In 1998, BJP-voters didnt make plan-B. So when Vajpayee became Hajpayee in 1999-2000, BJP-voters could do nothing but look pretty, sit idle and wait hoping that LKA would become PM in 2004. And when LKA became a cheerleader for Jinha in around 2003 , BJP-voters could do nothing but look pretty, sit idle and just wait. So this time, pls dont just look pretty and sit idle. Pls work for a plan-B.

I would request all to make two plans

plan-B --- how to ensure that NaMo doenst become ABV

plan-C --- what if plan-B also fails and NaMo does become ABV

And there are 23 more letters.
M Joshi
BRFite

Post by M Joshi »

Rahul baba is an exemplary visionary. His knowledge in astrophysics (escape velocity), anatomy (in your pants), physics & geography (energy from rivers), biology (beehive), philosophy (state of mind), is beyond the understanding of you normal 130-140 IQ types!!

Let's vote for him or his allies in the next election. Though I'm not a Dalit but I too aspire to leave Earth using Jupiter's Escape velocity if Congress comes back to power. Thank you Rahul baba for showing us the way!
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

About tantrums of MNC-paidMedia-whatever, we have an example of RaulG throwing a tantrum at government conference organized at public money.

Such tantrums shouldn't go unchallenged in courts. A aam sajjan gate crashing at a government conference doesn't stand a chance in democracy while raulG as con race vice president can throw tantrums in a government conference is ridiculous.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

--------
Last edited by krishnan on 09 Oct 2013 08:30, edited 1 time in total.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

For the record I have not done/ingested drugs/ganja in my life. Not addicted to ciggi or daaru unlike Alexander the Great {Great drunkard?} who died while some heavy drinking merrymaking occasion was occasioned. My blood group I am not required to state. Etc. Etc.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Rahul Mehta wrote:The economic progress in Gujarat in 2002-2013 has been massive. Much more than any previous 12 years of Gujarat and much more than rest of the India. And to considerable extent it has been due to better law-order. And a big reason for better law-order is what VHP did in mar-2002. And now NaMo is openly and completely disowning VHP volunteers, may be because of fear of judges !! Basically, NaMo is disowning his own soldiers who stood by him and worked for him in 2002. And they are all in in shambles. Half of them are in prison, and BJP is sending NO help to their family members.
Thats drivel.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

panduranghari wrote: Thats drivel.
Care to elaborate, saar?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

RM Ji,

In a secular state can Modi do any more?

Does he need to do more?
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

nageshks wrote:
panduranghari wrote: Thats drivel.
Care to elaborate, saar?
Saar,

NaMo has not disowned anyone. He has let law take its course without interfering. Onlee if Congis had allowed law to take its course Sajjan Kumar and Tytler would be in jail. Come on now, we cannot just go by what Togadia says. Togadia may have a grudge that he was not allowed to do whatever he pleases. I hope NaMo does not interfere in the due process of law just because some VHP volunteers feel as if they are victimised. I am not saying that what the VHP volunteers did post train burning was not reprehensible, but I cannot find any empathy for the scores of Muslims who died because they thought they will get away with it like they have for a long time in this country.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Looks like RM ji is going to stand for elections against Modiji. Like he stood against Loh Purush some years ago.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

krishnan wrote:This guy is insane and probably mentally unstable, i think he is a very heavy drug addict which has caused him mental imbalance and probably doesnt known what he is doing

Krishnan, It helps the mods decide one way or other if you clarify who is "THis Guy"? Right now post is reported as alluding to one member.

Knowing you I think its a public figure who rushes on to TV and undermines his own PM.

So which is it?

8)
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Since it's a Modi v/s dynasty contrast, let me give an example.

In AP, a Chief Minister, YSRReddi, openly talked of stealing on properties of Hindu temples.

Now as and when responsibility increases so is accountability no?

So can CM of a state behave less of responsible and more of a barbarian? It was very open and should have been condemned internationally too as well as regionally & nationally.

There is a complete radio silence of so-called seculars on this open barbarism by chief minister of a state.

If this can occur in a secular state then in Gujarat why can't NaMo support VHP for Hindu causes.

Please also remember, as said for Swami Laxmanaanand murder, that criminal and crime has no religion. The moment it occurs it stops being religious.

So lets not muddle anything please.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

So Rahul Mehta bhai, are you for or against NaMo?

I'm also curious where you got that weird idea of SMSing for NaMo as PM *today* instead of 2014. That would be unconstitutional, subverting the entire election process and going with some informal SMS *election.* It's not enough that the Mainos have compromised all the other national institutions - CBI being foremost - now loony Modi supporters want to subvert the democratic voting process also?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

matrimc wrote:
ramana wrote:Did you see the James Franco version of the "Planet of Apes"?
Ramana garu, that is cruel :lol:

Well it could reflect reality.

The British found ruling India is untenable after the 1857 war. So they created INC as a safety outlet for the elite to feel part of the ruling structures. At same time they suppressed violently all republican ideas and anyone who uses force to dislodge them. They propped up meek and docile leaders and lionized them. When the time came, due to the INA and RIN movements, the split the country and handed power to the INC.

INC along the way developed and perfected the tactics taught by the British: divide and rule, have a loyal opposition, suppress violent overthrow and above all prevent nationalism.

Divide and Rule:

The Presidency regions were divided on linguistic identity: West Bengal, Bihar, Orissa; Andhra pradesh, Madras, Mysore and Kerala; and Maharastra and Gujarat etc.

Punjab was split into three states: East Punjab, Harayana, Himachal Pradesh

Now Andhra Pradesh is being split into two states.

Suppress Violent Overthrow

- Communist revolts in Andhra Pradesh, Naxalites, North East splits so on and so forth
- Art 355 to replace unfavorable state govts.
- IPC Section 144 invoked to prevent assembly of more thant three people

Prevent Nationalism
- Hindu Mahasabha banned after MKG's assasination. No overhaul of the police which failed to protect the "Father of the Nation"
- Inculcating De Racination and giving Jnanpith awards to scoundrels
- JLN Uty turned into a den of deracinated elite (DIE) and a factory like the ORC factory in LOTR
- Creation of bogey of "saffron' terror
- Constant effort to ban RSS
-Promoting media culture of questioning values

Create a Loyal Opposition

- All regional parties except the DK origin parties are INC splinters
- Uncompromising leaders are mysteriouly dead: Subhas Chnadra Bose, Shyam Prasad Mukherjee, Deen Dayal Uphadyaya, LN Mishra, Rajesh Pilot, Scindia etc.

Yet by the time of the economic crisis of 1990 INC had to face the writing on the wall. Unlike the East India Company(EIC) they could not cut and run. They had to hand over power to someone they could rely on. So PVNR gets the reins. He was expected to die in office as he had a double handicap: diabetic and a heart patient. He turned out to be different and was developing his own persona. So he was underminded and the party defeated in 1996 elections.

The United Front government that came to power was not representative of the nation and fell. Finally ABV instead of LKA became the PM. But instead of revolutionary change, he let things remain the same and by his ineffectiveness revived the INC. This is why I asked Atri if ABV was INC's Manchurian figure in BJP.

What I don't get is INC can't get out like the British, but its best option was to hand over power to its own types and still survive. Instead it made grab and took back power via SG and her son. And this has shown and exposed the vinality of the system.

My allusion to the movie is INC is the colonial chain on the APEs to control them and this elections could free the chain that hold back the planet of the APEs.
darshhan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshhan »

I have a question. How many of you are going to take an unpaid leave(for those who are in jobs) to volunteer for Namo Campaign starting January? Just checking the commitment.

Many people have confirmed to me that they are going to do the above.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Ramana Ji, thats a rare long post from you, but i guess it's OT here. But still what exactly is NMs stance for Telangana. From his speech in Hyderabad could gather he would have liked it to happen in a more seamless manner. Any other indicators could point to?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

darshhan wrote:I have a question. How many of you are going to take an unpaid leave(for those who are in jobs) to volunteer for Namo Campaign starting January? Just checking the commitment.

Many people have confirmed to me that they are going to do the above.
I will provided I am medically fit. I don't have a job as I have not joined anywhere as I wish to join and do the work for 2014 race.
anchal
BRFite

Post by anchal »

I will take leave - paid or unpaid. I have also vowed to get at least 10 votes cast for NaMo
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

ramana wrote: My allusion to the movie is INC is the colonial chain on the APEs to control them and this elections could free the chain that hold back the planet of the APEs.
We need a seperate thread for this.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
Rahul Mehta: NaMo is blaming temples to cover his inefficiencies that he could NOT deliver water lines and drainage lines in 12 years of his rule. Just like some CPM leader would blame US imperialism for poverty in WB.

kapilrdave: Can you tell me which part of the state has NO water lines and/or drainage lines?
The homes which have both water lines and drainage lines sooner or later get toilet inside home, and no longer have to go outside.

The sanitation problem of going out for toilet is only with people who dont have water lines and drainage lines to their homes.

Most slums have no water lines and drainage lines going to homes.

The make shift huts made for landless in rural areas also dont water lines and drainage lines going to homes.

The tents or huts for migrant labor never have water lines and drainage lines going to homes.

The above will add up to some 40% of rural urban as well as rural population.

NaMo blames temples for all this, which is quite a nonsense IMO.

==

Well, the biggest reason is poverty, and poverty is because people are NOT getting the royalties from mineral rights and rents from govt plots (see chap-5 of http://rahulmehta.com/301.htm for MRCM-law-draft by which all citizens can DIRECTLY get mineral royalties and land rent from govt plots) . And why citizens dont get land rent from govt plots? Not because of temples, but because Ministers (including NaMo) are not printing that MRCM draft in Gazette.

And why are water lines are not universal? (a)lack of RTR over Municipal Officers (b) state govt didnt make law to make water meters compulsory. I wonder which temples I should blame for lack of water meters? Or rather Ministers who didnt make this laws in past 12 years or past 65 years.

Following law-drafts , if printed in Gazette, can fix sanitation problem in just six months ---

(1) make water meter compulsory - section-69.23 , this will increase funds to put water lines and also drainage lines

(2) Right to recall inefficient officers in-charge of water/drainage - section-6.12

(3) wealth tax of 0.2% on market value of land/flats for local bodies , minus 25 sq meters per head, so that there are funds - section-25.4

(4) MRCM - chap-5 , this will reduce poverty and thus improve sanitation

(5) Equal allowance system over water - htp://rahulmehta.com/eas01.htm

===

My point is --- the way to improve sanitation is to print the necessary law-drafts in Gazette, not blaming temples the way Missionary-sponsored "activists" do.
We have many laws in the books but no way to implement laws. There is no Governance.

You can accuse Modi of every sin under the Sun but if we can't figure out how to fix it, we can't make the country a better place.

For that you need to put structure and system in place. Modi did several such executions. He will need ideas, implementors and visionaries. You should think of ways to contribute to that execution instead of coming up with conspiracy theories.

Example: How do we get rid of manual scavengers?

Sonia style: Ban it on the advice of NAC

Does it work? No because there is a demand for it from people and there are people who have to do it. But makes a good election point for PAPPU and his MOMMY and dumbo Liberals.

Modi style: Offer incentives for people to build septic system stem over a period of 5-10 years. Train people who will be unemployed because of ban help them to clean septic systems; offer loans to buy machines to empty septic systems etc.

We have a lot of smart people like you. We all have to put our minds together to make this society a rich society that can withstand foreign funded take over of institutions. Don't tell me about laws. Tell me how we can provide business opportunities for thousands of people. People will automatically follow the money
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Who had the post that only the best is good for BJP but anything is acceptable so long as its the others?

I think RM also is of that line of thinking.

"Best is the enemy of the good enough!"
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Garooda wrote:But..but...mummy...mera kyaa hoga?
Congress president Sonia Gandhi wants to retire when she turns 70 in 2016 :roll: and this is what has prompted the party to give a 'bigger role' to her son Rahul Gandhi, says a book. She wants to be done with upbringing pappu and wash her hands off so give him a bigger role ? Nice logic and way to screw the country..

In an updated version of his book "24 Akbar Road" (Hachette India), journalist-writer Rasheed Kidwai says the Congress has been rattled by the senior Gandhi's decision.

According to Kidwai, the Congress president shared her mind with senior party colleagues Dec 9, 2012 -- her last birthday.

"Stunned by the announcement -- after all, hardly any Indian politician ever retires -- nervous party leaders requested her to let Rahul 'take charge'," the book says.
"Efforts to persuade the 42-year-old Rahul began but the (the) then (Congress) general secretary dithered. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh once again pointed at his repeated offers to Rahul to join the cabinet."

Manmohan Singh insisted that Rahul Gandhi should choose between a cabinet berth and the formal number two position in the Congress.

"The prime minister conveyed to Rahul that his reluctance to be an effective power centre was hurting both the party and government. Rahul then agreed to opt for organizational work." Chapraasi kaheenka :rotfl:

It was then that Rahul Gandhi was made the Congress vice president at the Jaipur 'Chintan Shivir' Jan 19 this year.

Kidwai says that despite Rahul Gandhi's elevation to the post of vice president, Sonia Gandhi's retirement deadline continues to rattle Congress leaders. "Amid the jubilation at Rahul's anointment as the vice president at the Jaipur session, many in the Congress are still nervous.

"The anxiety stems from their experience of major changes each time a transition in the leadership takes place."

Unamed senior Congress leaders are quoted as saying that the real impact of Rahul Gandhi's elevation would be felt through his policies, planning and style of functioning.

"Sonia Gandhi is seen as too tolerant a person who avoids enforcing discipline but has a knack for winning over adversaries and reaching out to alliance leaders," the book says. Khaak talent? throwing public money and political buyouts is not a talent...

"She also leans left-of-centre on most policy matters. In contrast, Rahul is seen among the ranks as a leader in the Rajiv-Sanjay mould - frank and decisive. :rotfl:

"His thrust on reforms, urban voters, technology,the youth and gender sensitivity :rotfl: may force many party leaders and regional satraps to shape up or ship out."

Rahul Gandhi's style of functioning as party general secretary between 2007 and 2013 and now as the vice president "showed he did not seem in a great hurry or having a fixed plan.

"There were some who thought his way to political power in Delhi was via Lucknow but the assembly polls of 2012 (in Uttar Pradesh) proved disastrous for both Rahul and Congress," which won just 28 seats and came a distant fourth in India's most populous state.

According to the book, Rahul Gandhi -- the Amethi MP -- had "seriously considered becoming the candidate for chief minister but the AICC (All India Congress Committee) shot down the idea".

Kidwai writes: "The question currently being asked in party circles is that how something as important as this was not discussed at the Congress Working Committee.
"Apparently, Rahul's aides cited two reasons why he should not take up any position in Uttar Pradesh.

"One, it is not an easy state to govern. Two, Rahul cannot restrict himself to a particular state or region.

"The argument was that if Rahul identified himself with Uttar Pradesh and if for some reason the voters rejected him, it would affect the party's goal of establishing a government under his leadership in Delhi." Vaise bhi dhobi ka kutta hai..na ghar ka na ghaat ka (maa jo thehri firangi).

According to Kidwai, political exigencies and equations within the Congress are such that Rahul Gandhi cannot be seen as abdicating the prime ministerial post.
Sonia Gandhi's long-term strategy for the 2014 general election and her possible retirement in 2016 hinges upon Manmohan Singh's clean image and good governance plank, the book says.

"By 2014, the Congress, effectively under Rahul, would need to display Manmohan's tenure as exemplary. MSM to the rescue???

"On the other hand, a tainted UPA-II may force the party to sit out as during 1996-2003 when P.V. Narasimha Rao's numerous acts of omissions and commissions had a telling affect on the Congress' fortunes."
I heard she is going to kick the bucket in a year. Whatever happened to that theory?
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

M Joshi wrote:Rahul baba is an exemplary visionary. His knowledge in astrophysics (escape velocity), anatomy (in your pants), physics & geography (energy from rivers), biology (beehive), philosophy (state of mind), is beyond the understanding of you normal 130-140 IQ types!!

Let's vote for him or his allies in the next election. Though I'm not a Dalit but I too aspire to leave Earth using Jupiter's Escape velocity if Congress comes back to power. Thank you Rahul baba for showing us the way!
Don't take him lightly for his escape velocity comment. what he (or the people behind him) subtly talking is Christian liberation theology. Or the escape from caste based pit of Hinduism to the freedom of high sky i.e. Xianity.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

imho, one of the chief value proposition modi brought in was his good governance.. i think he should never let that go off hand while chasing behind those in the bush. this was one of the reason, that without language bar, trichy crowd amassed for him.

moral: if you are honest and truthful among the corrupt crowd, you can stand up and you head high - but there is a larger challenge now, outside gujarat, how much modi controls on his own party to be away from corruption.

somebody has to disprove that bjp is not corrupt.. if relatively, some can not accept that relationship at all.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

Rahul Mehta wrote: True. Now consider Nityanand's video with some actress. The actress was adult and there was NO use of force. So there was no criminality in whole episode. It was a scandal , but no crime. There was NO reason fo policemen or judges to intervene. Yet policemen and judges cracked down and Nityanand was arrested !! The judges' actions on Nityanand were blatantly illegal. And which BJP leader , be NaMo or anyone else, asked for these judges expulsion? NONE. They all cow down when judges show the whip, whether the judges are right or wrong. IOW, BJP leaders including NaMo are all scared of lobbies which own the judges. This is a bad omen.
http://newindianexpress.com/nation/Chan ... 765099.ece indicates that the video was in fact "morphed" and that the channel was order to run an apology to the actress, if I am reading the article correctly. What about the arrest of the Kanchi pontiff earlier?
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

ramana wrote:Who had the post that only the best is good for BJP but anything is acceptable so long as its the others?

I think RM also is of that line of thinking.

"Best is the enemy of the good enough!"
That is what worries me.

Modi has to be 100% clean;100% efficient; 100% work for Hindus; 100% support every Hindu scripture; 100% satisfy all of us;

First of all this society needs a lot of reforms. Indian society has to change. Hindu society has to change; Muslim society has to change too. Christian society needs change too. There are millions of exploiters in the system.

What Congress has done done is brought every anarchist, Hindu hater and Indian hater under the Sun in the last 10-20 years. They have used massive campaigning funded by foreign/domestic exploiters to convince majority of people to hate each other: It is Muslim vs Hindus; Christians vs Hindus; UC vs OBC; SC/ST vs UC; Muslims vs OBC. The people stopped looking for Governance, Development and hating Hinduism is branded as secularism and sold as kool aid. Millions are drinking that kool aid.

Look at how well the campaign has succeeded:

http://www.indianexpress.com/columnist/ ... jaffrelot/

Gujarat's law unto itself
Monday 30 September '13
If the Gujarat Lokayukta Aayog Bill becomes law, it will reduce the lokayukta’s independence and create inequalities among states

The other militancy
Thursday 26 September '13
In Pakistan, the Shia-Sunni conflict is causing a vertical split in society.

No model state
Friday 6 September '13

In Gujarat, growth relies on indebtedness. And relegates development.
On Kabul, take a wider view
Monday 26 August '13

It is in India’s interests to encourage dialogue between Karzai and Sharif
The parivar in America
Thursday 15 August '13

The importance of the NRIs and NRGs — for the BJP and Modi — is growing
Forests of the night
Monday 29 July '13

How Chhattisgarh became a sanctuary, and then a laboratory, for Naxals
Three to tango
Monday 8 July '13

Under Sharif, Pakistan’s equations with Saudi Arabia and Iran will change
A tale of two BJPs
Tuesday 25 June '13

Today, Advani and Modi represent two visions of the party and its possibilities
The new-old Nawaz Sharif
Tuesday 4 June '13

He might not be the man he was in the 1990s. For Pakistan, that’s a good thing
Party in the dock
Thursday 9 May '13

Citizens’ confidence in the judiciary remains strong, and their trust in the power of the vote is high. But faith in the political party is imperilled
Rule of gavel
Thursday 25 April '13

Pakistan is experiencing a government of judges by default
A class of his own
Wednesday 17 April '13
How the support of the neo-middle class has been crucial to Modi's rise

Under a Southern sun
Monday 1 April '13
But is India content with being a junior partner in the BRICS?

The missing democrats
Thursday 21 March '13
Why parliamentary democracy is still not secure in Pakistan

Narendra Modi, by default
Friday 28 December '12
He has no competition in Gujarat — the Congress faces a crisis of leadership and ideology, and OBC and Dalit forces are no counter either

Past the Muslim monolith
Monday 1 October '12
What, exactly, unites Indian Muslims and what divides them?

The resistible rise of Modi
Thursday 21 June '12
BJP’s troubles are set to multiply: it will either continue to suffer from a leadership problem or lose more allies

The Modi Message
Monday 27 February '12
10 years after riots, what his ‘Vikas’ means for him, the BJP and democracy

Her Sarvajan Test
Thursday 26 January '12
Will Mayawati’s catch-all formula work this time?

End of an era
Saturday 5 September '09
The BJP’s succession battle points to a larger dilemma

Looking for the Muslim MP
Saturday 16 May '09
BJP, Congress don’t nominate Muslims. Will the count throw up a surprise?

A running thread of deep saffron
Thursday 29 January '09
The networks, the places, and the methods of Malegaon point to a tradition of Hindu terror
Look at his history of this French guy who specializes on South Asia.

24x7 VENOM on Modi, Gujarat, BJP, BJP supporters, Hindus.

So a specialist is created to spew venom on Modi, his economics, his performance, his mannerisms, his Lokpal, his hand gestures...

An eco-system is created where in one guy writes and 100 guys refer him and he refers to others and boom "A LIE REPEATED 100 TIMES BECOMES TRUTH".

So Modi has to fight this perception among Indians, Hindus and other Voters. Talked to most of my relatives. Most of them don't understand any issues or even read. They repeat "Modi is good but he has too much of Hindu nonsense" and move on to vote for Jagan and Sonia.

Atleast after 10 years of UPA, they are considering to vote for Modi because the country is screwed.

Modi has to first get elected; He has to keep them engaged with big picture; bring around the media using sympathetic elements and show them real taste of Governance/Development and real secularism. He has to remove the pervasive institutional decay and vested interests of looters, scamsters, terrorists, Libtards and create a new sense of pride/fairness.

I read about this tribal area where he created infrastructure which became a tourist attraction and tribals run small businesses instead of stealing and begging. We need millions of such ideas.

The task is not easy. Every one got used to appeasement and taking advantage of state using their caste/creed/religion/region etc. We have to change that mindset.

Modi is more likely to fail than succeed. But I can tell you he has 5% of chance of success where as DIEnasty has 99% of chance of success in destroying whatever is left of the idea of India
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 755839.cms
Muslims raped during Muzaffarnagar riots
The recent Muzaffarnagar riots bared a dangerous trend where crimes against women were distorted and used as a trigger for communal conflagration and polarization for votes.

"It is most dangerous as incidents of eve-teasing and sexual assaults were twisted and used as a means to communalize and polarize ahead of 2014 elections. The riot is linked with election and also Narendra Modi's right hand man Amit Shah is in-charge of UP," said Sudha Sundararaman, general secretary of the All India Democratic Women's Association (AIDWA).

A six-member team of AIDWA released a fact-finding report on Tuesday after visiting riot victims in Muzaffarnagar on October 5.

At an interaction with mediapersons, AIDWA also presented male relatives of five Muslim women who were raped in their villages after riots erupted on September 8.
Look at how well the traitors,NGOs, anti-nationals,media all work so well. No evidence of Amit shah or any one linked in riots to Amit Shah. But keep on dropping names. First Seema Mustafa, next some one from AIDWA. Now a NYT reporter will quote these two and then the NDTV will quote NYT. The NYT will make this as if it is a women's organization and will hide communist association.

The corrosion of democracy is 100% complete. Look at how these scums serve the interests of the DIEnasty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_India_ ... ssociation

The scum's profile
The All India Democratic Women's Association (AIDWA) (in Hindi: अखिल भारतीय जनवादी महिला समिति) is the women's wing of the Communist Party of India (Marxist).[1]
No one will even know she is from CPI(M) unless they research but no one researches.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Further no one knows if the allegations are true. Remember the gang rape allegations on a Christian women few years back. Entire media went to town on Hindus and later it was found the crime was committed by Christians.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Truth does not matter. They are going by the principle of "A LIE repeated 100 times becomes truth".

The problem I see here is Modi should say this, should say this, should not do this, should this. Conspiracies.

The chances of he becoming PM are very slim. Once he becomes, the campaign will start at a peak level to discredit every thing he does, every thing he says. The goal is to make sure he can't do any thing and his disappointed supporters goes into shell.

Then Rahul Gandhi will be back for another 10 years. That's how they will finish off India.

Modi has to swim against all this and figure out how to changes things one by one. He has to climb Everest. Even before he attempts RahulMehta wants him to get Moon or get hell out of here.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

What rubbish! Giving Higgs the award when Bose gets scarcely a mention.

Anyway,there is none better than our very own Rahul Gandhi who has electrified the aspirations of hundreds of millions of dalits with his "escape velocity" promise of sending them to Jupiter,"by Jove"!

Rahul Gandhi gives a lesson in escape velocity to dalits
Mahendra Singh, TNN | Oct 9, 2013,

Quote:
NEW DELHI: A lesson in dalit empowerment encased in the "escape velocities" of Earth and Jupiter delivered by Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday swiftly became the flavour of the social media with critics deriding the "political physics" and pro-Congress voices bravely defending the formulation.

The Congress vice-president's remarks came at a function here where he sought to argue that due to their social disadvantages, dalits needed to work much harder to improve their circumstance just as the velocity needed to escape Jupiter's gravitational pull is much higher compared to Earth.

With an attendee answering his question about Earth's escape velocity, Rahul explained, "Aeronautics mein ek escape velocity ka concept hota hai. Escape velocity matlab agar aap ne dharti se space mein jana hai... agar aap hamari dharti pe hai to 11.2 km per second aap ki velocity honi padegi. (There is a concept of escape velocity if you want to go into space from Earth... your velocity has to be 11.2 km/sec)."

Any speed below escape velocity, the Congress leader said, won't do. "Agar use kam hogi to aap kitna bhi karenge aap space mein nahin ja sakte aur agar jyada ho gayi to aap nikal jayenge. (If it is less then you can't go into space, if it is more then you will get away)," he said.

Coming to his point, Rahul explained, "To Jupiter ki escape velocity kya hoti hai? Agar koi Jupiter pe khada hai aur Jupiter ki kheech se nikalna ho to use 60 km/sec ki acceleration chahiye. (If you are standing on Jupiter you need to go at 60 km/sec)."

Then the Congress vice-president made the political connect with dalit aspirations, saying, "Yahan Hindustan mein hamara jaat ka concept hai. Is mein bhi escape velocity hoti hai. Dalit community ko is dharti pe Jupiter ki escape velocity chahiye. (In India we have caste. Dalits need Jupiter's escape velocity on Earth)."

Within no time, Twitter was buzzing, with some running down the leader by sarcastically observing that the Congress's ability to get away with scams indicated it was well versed in escape velocities.

Pro-Congress writers like Priyanka Chaturvedi said the speech was a lesson to those (read BJP) who keep getting defeated by people who don't vote for them. Others shot back, saying her remarks read like a lesson in sycophancy.

Some commentators offering instant analysis wondered if the leader's speech writers came from Jupiter and others provided a political glossary of astrophysics, helpfully explaining escape velocity as the speed of scamming that prevented the law from catching up.

At the function, Rahul argued that dalits had to work very hard to achieve escape velocity. And while it was unclear if his audience understood what he was getting at, he went on to say, "Yahan aap ko bahut jyada tez dhakka marna padta hai. (You have to push very hard)," he said.

"Isiliye agar aap history ko dekhe, jo dalit log hai, hum sab hai, Ambedkarji ko bahut garv se dekhte hai. Wo pehle aadmi hain jo esape velocity kar ke US chale gaye (Ambedkar was the first to achieve escape velocity and go to the US)," he added.

Taking a swipe at BSP leader Mayawati, he said she was stymieing the growth of other dalit leaders. "Jo leadership hai wo Mayawati ji ne capture kar liya hai aur doosre logon ko ubharne nahin deti. (Mayawati has captured the leadership and she does not allow others to emerge)," he said.

Trying to strike a chord by explaining how the Gandhis batted for the underdog, Rahul narrated a tale he had heard as a child about a ice hockey match in Germany during Hitler's regime which his grandmother (Indira Gandhi) spoke of at the dining table.

Rahul said, "It was a match between Germany and some other team. The other team was being thrashed and the crowds were cheering." He added, "My grandmother (Indira Gandhi) felt very bad and got up to cheer the weak team, but was shouted at. She sat down out of fear."

He said Indira Gandhi then resolved never again to be cowed down if doing a right thing.

Rahul asked Congress to snatch the opportunity to systematically create the leaders among dalits at panchayat, legislative and even the policy level.

He told the gathering that one or two dalit leaders would not be enough to take their movement forward and that lakhs of them are needed.

Tweeple tear into Rahul for escape velocity comment

Rahul Gandhi's "escape velocity" comment for the upliftment of Dalits provided some mid-week comic relief for those on Twitter. For a few hours in the afternoon, #EscapeVelocity was the top trend, with other spots taken by terms related to the episode, like "Dalits", "Jupiter" etc. That the comment came on the same day the Nobel Prize for physics was announced only made the barbs sharper. Here's a list of select tweets:

@RagxsBalunda: Dear #RahulGandhi , sorry bt improving the condition of Dalits is no rocket science #EscapeVelocity

@mysticliving: Ideally Rahul G should have been given Nobel Prize for Physics for applying #Escapevelocity for social upliftment

@kalpsgr: Rahul Gandhi just missed Nobel Prize, if the #EscapeVelocity speech made earlier, sure shot nobel was his.

@bwoyblunder: About time Deepak Chopra admits that he writes Rahul Gandhi's speeches #EscapeVelocity

@vbsingh60: Johny Lever, Raju Shrivastav n Kapil shud tighten belts. All hv tough competition from Rahul. #escapevelocity

@ishagupta29: Every time Rahul Gandhi speaks, the level of competition for who is the best comedian increases by 100 times. #escapevelocity

@Samurai911: Now waiting for BJPs vision of space program to be unveiled... After the #escapevelocity comment by Rahul Gandhi

@—kkr—: Space will be a better place thn Congress rule. RG is right this time. #escapeVelocity #Jupiter

PS:Sending all the Dalits into space to Jupiter reminds one of another great man of history,who also wanted to send his nation's "untermenschen",Jews,gypsies,and assorted whatnots,to Madagascar to purify Deutschland.

PPS: I must thank Rahulji for also enlightening us on who was India's first rocketman.I mistakenly thought that it was Rakesh Sharma,but have now learnt that it was none other than Dr.Ambedkar.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

british nandy oins the rahulG promotion-propagandu machine..

Politeness can wait (TOI blog)
It also shows that the fight between the BJP and the Congress is not just a simple face-off between Hindu nationalism (to quote Modi’s famous description of himself) and a party that appeases the minorities (read Muslims) in the name of secularism, today’s most unpopular word. It’s actually a fight between those who speak the language of democracy and those who don’t. In one party, its most venerable old leader was bashed into sullen silence and forced to fall in line, hailing the new Prime Ministerial candidate. In the name of party discipline. In the other, a young functionary could stand up to a bad ordinance and force its revocation. Which do you prefer?

I am a journalist. I take no sides. For me, freedom of expression is all that matters. Politeness can wait. (And, O yes, I'm glad the silly ordinance has been chucked out.)
This bilge might've even been laughable if it weren't so yawn inducing.
Anindya
BRFite

Post by Anindya »

Sudha Sundararaman, general secretary of the All India Democratic Women's Association
absolutely amazed by the amount of islamo-pandering in our society, mostly done by Hindus. In fact, people like Ram Punyani are simply professional Islamo-panderers - is the money so explicitly large?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

vivek.rao wrote: Look at how well the traitors,NGOs, anti-nationals,media all work so well. No evidence of Amit shah or any one linked in riots to Amit Shah. But keep on dropping names. First Seema Mustafa, next some one from AIDWA. Now a NYT reporter will quote these two and then the NDTV will quote NYT. The NYT will make this as if it is a women's organization and will hide communist association.

The corrosion of democracy is 100% complete. Look at how these scums serve the interests of the DIEnasty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_India_ ... ssociation

The scum's profile
The All India Democratic Women's Association (AIDWA) (in Hindi: अखिल भारतीय जनवादी महिला समिति) is the women's wing of the Communist Party of India (Marxist).[1]
No one will even know she is from CPI(M) unless they research but no one researches.
Can you (or any one knows details) pick some example from past and this one and make Picture of how trash is created, circulated in India to be picked up by NYT like media, and then recirculated in India as International news.

Like media connections picture, this pic can be circulated in social media.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Looks like RM ji is going to stand for elections against Modiji. Like he stood against Loh Purush some years ago.
I will be contesting from Ahmedabad East or Gandhinagar, which ever place NaMo does NOT contest. Because I am contesting ONLY to publicize RTR-law-draft and other drafts, not against anyone. So contesting on NaMo-seat will only bring unnecessary negative connotations that I am anti-NaMo. So I will take one of the two seats, which NaMo doesnt contest. Most likely, NaMo will contest from Lucknow or Ahmedabad East. So I will take Gandhinagar. But if NaMo contests from Gandhinagar, I will take Ahmadabad East.
sudarshan wrote:
1. So Rahul Mehta bhai, are you for or against NaMo?

2. I'm also curious where you got that weird idea of SMSing for NaMo as PM *today* instead of 2014. That would be unconstitutional, subverting the entire election process and going with some informal SMS *election.* It's not enough that the Mainos have compromised all the other national institutions - CBI being foremost - now loony Modi supporters want to subvert the democratic voting process also?
1. I ordered my MP via SMS in feb-2013 to make NaMo PM. And also wrote that in my FB-status several times. So you decide whether I am pro-NaMo or anti-NaMo. And when it comes to voting in may-2014, I am asking all to decide if they (1) want to vote for PM (2) want to vote to create a stand improve law of land . My choice is (2). If choice is (2), then vote for candidate who has worked most to publicize good law-drafts, such as Right to recall draft (not useless Right to Reject, but Right to recall), Jury System , wealth tax, inheritance tax, laws to expel bangladeshies etc . If no candidate has done anything to publcize good laws, then file hit "none of the above". If one wants to vote for PM, then vote for NaMo. And in case, dont vote for AAP, as AAP neither stands for good laws, not good PM candidate. AAP = Praja Rajya Party at national level.

2. Sending orders to MPs via SMS is not unconstitutional. If so, please cite article of Constitution which makes it so. In fact, it is YOUR dharmic and constitutional duty to send necessary orders to MPs via SMS. When you die and stand at the gate of heaven and hell, the FIRST question Chitragupt will ask you is "how many necessary orders did YOU send to your MP via SMS to do your religious duty as explained in Atharvaved?" Now as per Atharvaved , order received by 51% of ALL voters via SMS becomes dharmic binding on MP, though not legal and we dont have law based on dharam. And I am not pushing for law, as dharam is more powerful than law. So if say 40 crore voters or even 20 crore voters across India order their MPs via SMS to make NaMo PM today, then chances that NaMo will become PM in few days are very real and very high. But BJP leaders have opposed the proposal that voters be asked to order MPs via SMS to make NaMo PM. Why? You may ask them or guess for yourself.

SMS-sending is not easy to subvert because it is open . For AFAQs pls see

https://facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10151192680806922

https://facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10151156972141922

https://facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10151190606916922

===
Pratyush wrote:RM Ji,

In a secular state can Modi do any more? Does he need to do more ?
NaMo can appeal to voters to decide if each voter wishes to order MP via SMS to impeach the corrupt Supreme Court judges. It is 100% secular step. And NaMo can also print Right to Recall Lower Court and High Court judges law-draft in State Govt Gazette. It is 100% constitutional and in synch with secularism . Drafts are in chap-7 of http://rahulmehta.com/301.htm . Now, I never asked NaMo to do so. We petty activists will now do this on our own or we wont. We dont need help of any tall leader to generate this "send necessary orders to your MP via SMS campaign". We will get these corrupt Supreme judges expelled and reverse their judgments and free Babu Bajrangies and all.
vivek.rao wrote:Modi has to swim against all this and figure out how to changes things one by one. He has to climb Everest. Even before he attempts RahulMehta wants him to get Moon or get hell out of here.
I have never compare NaMo with ideal. It is NaMo's decision to blame temple donations for lack of sanitation brought all this. Lack of sanitation is because central govt and state govt didnt print necessary drafts in Gazette. eg who do you blame for fact that 90% water connections in Gujarat and whole India dont have water meters, and so water wastages in low-height areas is immense, and this leaves nothing for higher height areas? And this causes poor sanitation in high height areas. Why should even temples be mentioned in whole topic?

NaMo mentioned temples ONLY because NaMo now wants to support Raghuram Ghazani's plan to do Ghazani on temples across India. And because NaMo doesnt want to take ANY steps on RJB, KJB, KV in jun-2014 after he becomes in PM in may-2014. And he doesnt want to state it clearly , sort of doodh - dahi.

Now "bring RJB , KJB, KV via referendum-like procedure" issue has been dear to me since ages and ages. The first copy of my manifesto in oct-1998 had this issue, and so does existing one. And I want to inform all Mandirwaadies to wake up and take necessary actions from TODAY.

====

RJB, KJB, KV issue and NaMo after may-2014

BJP leaders have murdered and buried KJB, KV issues. Only RJB is left, but it is limping. I dont even want to read what HCjs and SCjs have said or will say on this. Further, the temples will be run by National Hindu Mandir Prabandhak Committee similar to SGPC and NOT by VHP trusts. The matter has to be resolved via some referendum like procedure. This is NOT a court or a Parliament matter at all. For each plot, I want a temple in WHOLE plot and no other mosque in 200 meter radius from periphery. The anti-temple people are threatening to kill economy (*) by saying "if you talk about RJB, KJB, KV we will finish economy and blame you for crushing economy "!! I disregard their threat.

The timing of RJB , KJB, KV issues are crucial. In the international arena a bigger game is being played. The MNC-owners and Missionaries are looking at opportunity to total Iran and then loot all oil wells and harvest soul from Algeria to Pakistan. Iran is the ONLY road block. To total Iran, MNC-owners need Indian foot soldiers. So MNC-owners want RJB-crisis to come just 6 months before they decide to total Iran, not till then.

So if MNC-owners decide to total Iran say in jun-2017, then they want RJB issue to pick up in jan-2017 and not before. Because then MNC-owners can use anti-muslim sentiments of Hindus to rationalize "lets join USA to finish islamists". But say RJB, KJB and KV issues are all over by dec-2014. Then in jun-2017, Hindus in India will see no reason to join USA to finish Iran.

Now, I want RJB, KJB, KV etc ALL three on ASAP basis. I dont want to wait for right timings of MNC-owners or anyone else. And all this hoopla that RJB is will kill economy is nonsense. Economy is in shambles because of poor courts and many administrative/technical reasons.

(* - I request all to use word economy and not word development. Why have a new word when old word "economy" was good enough?)
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

So bhajpa is serious about k'taka and hasn't written it off yet. Whew, good to know. Am sure there's backroom negotiations ongoing as we speak to sort out the mess there, as well. IMO, BSY will need to somehow be accommodated back in the state BJP if namo is to avoid gifting away 20 seats to UPA from this crucial southern bastion.

kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Rahul Mehta wrote:
The homes which have both water lines and drainage lines sooner or later get toilet inside home, and no longer have to go outside.

The sanitation problem of going out for toilet is only with people who dont have water lines and drainage lines to their homes.

1Most slums have no water lines and drainage lines going to homes.

2The make shift huts made for landless in rural areas also dont water lines and drainage lines going to homes.

The tents or huts for migrant labor never have water lines and drainage lines going to homes.

3The above will add up to some 40% of rural urban as well as rural population.
1. That is wrong. IIRC all slums built before 2004 have already been legalized and given all the facilities. Even for rest of the rurals necessary arrangements are done for toilets. I will come to that later. Here the readers need to note that there are thousands of migrants come to GJ for jobs from other states. Mostly they are labor class who have nothing with them except a full cricket team (with extras) of children. The males make decent money but spend all of it in desi daru and matka. Even after repeated requests they don't send their children to govt schools.

2. So now permanent water line, drainage line and toilets need to be done for make shift houses and tents in rural area? Interesting. And they are not even rural area. They live on empty spaces on highways near to city. There is no way you can provide lines to them.

3. 40% of population living in huts, tents and makeshift homes? seriously? That couldn't be true even for Bihar.

Providing toilets to slums is the responsibility of municipal corporation. So the credit or discredit must go to corporation. Since you are from A'bad let's talk about A'bad - ruled by BJP. There is not a single slum in A'bad where there is no Sulabh Shauchaly. There are so many SS in city that you are never far from one of those. And more importantly those people are using them. In no city of GJ you will see people sh***ing in open. So that part is already covered a while ago. Now the new plan is to build toilet for each house of poors who don't have toilet of their own, which is primarily slum area. I'm willing to be corrected but AFAIK there is no other city outside GJ who has such plan envisioned till date. A'bad corporation along with other cities has already made a great progress in this regard.

There is a report in (an anti Modi) newpaper that corporation has not been able to deliver toilets to each poor home as per their plan. This was in context to Modi's T vs D remark. There were some interesting figures mentioned in report.

68036 new (door to door) toilets planned during 2008 to 2012 period.
The paper slammed corporation for completing "only" 38423 toilets till date :eek: .
Record 21302 toilets built in the year of 10-11 :eek: but only 4500 toilets built thus far in this year.

All this is about only A'bad.

What does this show? It shows that the corporation had ambitious plans (probably forced by state govt) which they could not meet but still they fared pretty good. And it is noteworthy that A'bad corporation is no match to Surat corporation - ruled by BJP since last 20 years IIRC - which is arguably the best in the country.
Last edited by kapilrdave on 09 Oct 2013 11:31, edited 2 times in total.