From INC to BJP

Seats held by INC (2008 to 2013)

seats held by BJP (2008 to 2013)

Most important - REST to BJP

Abhijit
BRFite

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Abhijit »

In the last image above, where BJP wrested 3 seats from the khichadi parties, is the most important message of the Delhi election. That NaMo is destroying the caste-based parties very effectively. Those votes are not going to AAP. They are coming to NaMo. They are now BJP votes. I need to do this analysis for at least the Ch.garh but it is extremely back-breaking and eye-straining. If somebody wants to collaborate, it can be done much faster. pl. let me know your interest.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Thanks Abhijit. For those where AAP took BJP seats, 5/11 have a less than 2.5% difference in vote share. Those 5 seats would have given BJP a majority. Where BJP took INC seats, AAP scores within 2.5% of BJPs votes in only 3 places. Where BJP took turd front seats, they finished quite far ahead. Summary:

* AAP had several narrow wins over BJP in seats they took from latter (<2.5% diff) - nearly half of them could have gone either way. Absolute vote numbers from your spreadsheet could make this even more emphatic - perhaps a few hundred or thousand votes in each case ?
* BJP had few narrow wins over AAP in seats they took from INC.
* Turd front losses to BJP were significant.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Suraj wrote:Thanks Abhijit. For those where AAP took BJP seats, 5/11 have a less than 2.5% difference in vote share. Those 5 seats would have given BJP a majority. Where BJP took INC seats, AAP scores within 2.5% of BJPs votes in only 3 places. Where BJP took turd front seats, they finished quite far ahead. Summary:

* AAP had several narrow wins over BJP in seats they took from latter (<2.5% diff) - nearly half of them could have gone either way. Absolute vote numbers from your spreadsheet could make this even more emphatic - perhaps a few hundred or thousand votes in each case ?
* BJP had few narrow wins over AAP in seats they took from INC.
* Turd front losses to BJP were significant.
Suraj-ji,
IIRC, there are 2 seats, where the BJP has beaten AAP by less than 2K votes (R K Puram, Rajinder Nagar). However, the AAP beat the BJP in 7 seats by less than 2K votes. (Delhi Cantt, Karol Bagh, Madipur, Rohini, Sadar Bazar, Sangam Vihar, and Vikaspuri),

I had done an analysis of my own somewhat similar to Abhijit-ji. There is one worrisome factor for the BJP. The educated class in inner Delhi has deserted the BJP to an extent (the AAP has stolen about 20% of the total BJP vote here, and about 50% of the total Congress vote here). Places where the BJP should have won hands down like Shalimar Bagh, Rohini, Model Town, etc have been wrested by the AAP, some quite comfortably. However, there is one thing to consider. In many places like Shalimar Bagh, Rohini, Greater Kailash, etc, the BJP had been winning from 1993. So - there may have been a lot of anti-incumbency against the BJP legislators, simply because they were there for a long time.

The BJP has smashed the strongholds of the Congress on the outskirts of Delhi, even in the presence of the AAP. The suburban voter has remained more or less unaffected by the AAP. But the BJP strongholds in Central Delhi have been badly dented by the AAP. It remains to be seen if the AAP can repeat this performance in other regions of the country, particularly in the metros, where there is a large educated class vote at stake.
Last edited by Shanmukh on 24 Dec 2013 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Abhijit wrote:In the last image above, where BJP wrested 3 seats from the khichadi parties, is the most important message of the Delhi election. That NaMo is destroying the caste-based parties very effectively. Those votes are not going to AAP. They are coming to NaMo. They are now BJP votes. I need to do this analysis for at least the Ch.garh but it is extremely back-breaking and eye-straining. If somebody wants to collaborate, it can be done much faster. pl. let me know your interest.
Abhijit-ji,
I would be happy to help. I have parts of CHG on my own already, so may be easier to collaborate. Should we do it in the similar fashion of the previous one (with percentages), or should we do it with the absolute votes, as I have been doing?
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

Nagesh saar, I too have the absolute votes. I round them off to the nearest 100. I have kept those columns hidden in order to provide the % numbers because the % numbers are more important from analysis perspective. I can send you my excel sheet or you can contact me at ast dot commerce at google chacha.

And BTW, pl. no ji's for me.

Another point on the AAP denting BJP votes, out of the metros, only Delhi and Bangalore to some extent may be amenable to the AAP message. I cannot envisage any seat in Mumbai or Mumbai extended that could be enticed by AAP. In fact AAP will continue to destroy INC in any seat wherever it fights in Mumbai. Others in B'lore or Kolkata or Hyd or Chennai (I doubt if there is any seat in Chennai or Hyd where AAP can make any dent, but then there isn't any BJP in Chennai or Hyd either).
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Abhijit wrote:Nagesh saar, I too have the absolute votes. I round them off to the nearest 100. I have kept those columns hidden in order to provide the % numbers because the % numbers are more important from analysis perspective. I can send you my excel sheet or you can contact me at ast dot commerce at google chacha.

And BTW, pl. no ji's for me.

Another point on the AAP denting BJP votes, out of the metros, only Delhi and Bangalore to some extent may be amenable to the AAP message. I cannot envisage any seat in Mumbai or Mumbai extended that could be enticed by AAP. In fact AAP will continue to destroy INC in any seat wherever it fights in Mumbai. Others in B'lore or Kolkata or Hyd or Chennai (I doubt if there is any seat in Chennai or Hyd where AAP can make any dent, but then there isn't any BJP in Chennai or Hyd either).
Okay. I am working already on the Chhattisgarh votes for 2013 (I have a considerable part of it done, and am working on the rest now). May I suggest you start with the Chhattisgarh 2008?

I also have done Rajasthan 2013 for Cong, and BJP. Can send you that as well.
Abhijit
BRFite

Post by Abhijit »

OK. I will start with CH 2008. I am using Indiavotes.com I will use my own Excel sheet for 2008 and then we can exchange. thx.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Abhijit wrote:OK. I will start with CH 2008. I am using Indiavotes.com I will use my own Excel sheet for 2008 and then we can exchange. thx.
Hello,
Just sent you all my formats, along with a couple of questions. Hope you got them. Just lemme know.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Great job Abhijit. This thread was meant for this primarily other than news analysis. This time we have Indiavotes Niti Central to give us a head start. We can do one at a time for all states.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^Awesome work there, abhijit bhai. Kudos.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

^^ Good work Abhijit, I had written earlier too, just like you have mentioned. AAP can at best screw BJP in bangalore and maybe Pune. Mumbai is looking increasingly tough, BJP/Sena/MNS will hold fort there. Regarding Chennai/Hyd, I see no chance for AAPtards. The issues in the cities are very different and it is not easy for a delhi party to just breach the vindhyas and pick up seats. Bangalore is their best bet.

The fact that suburban delhi stuck to Delhi should prove that AAP will find it extremely hard to find support in urban (non-metros). BTW they may pick up gurgaon.

There is a caveat though, any metro area that has more than 35% minority votes will go be default to congress if AAP seems like a force there, because in those seats, they will only split BJP vote and not get any congress vote. The saving grace is that such seats are any a goner for BJP in metro areas unlike seats like meerut where despite unfavorable demographics, BJP wins
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

BTW guys, ECI website has state election results in excel format to make analysis easy.

http://eci.nic.in/eci_main1/ElectionStatistics.aspx

Scroll to the bottom.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Yogendra Yadav on NDTV explaining AAP's "baby steps towards participatory, deliberative and direct democracy" and asking why every one is so afraid of it was scary stuff. These guys are planning to destroy whatever democracy India has and avoid any blame while doing it.
Rahul Mehta
BRF Oldie

Post by Rahul Mehta »

Rahul Mehta wrote:Now BJP always believed that showing a NaMo with supermanly image will impress all youth. Well, most youth DID NOT get impress by image. Many were looking for "how will NaMo fix system?". In NaMo, they did see expensive dress, expressive goggles, superb walk style, superb hand waving style, good oratory etc etc but at the end of the speech, they had no clue on "how will NaMo reduce corruption?" "how will NaMo reduce crimes" etc etc questions. In AK, they saw no expensive dress, simple eye glasses, ordinary walking style etc but the MNC-paid-media convinced the youth that AK stands for "laws that would reduce problems". So at the end of the day, many find NaMo less convincing than AK. The ONLY people who are NOT getting swayed by AK are those who ask for drafts. Here is a 51 second video of an activist , not me, asking Prashant Bhushan for DRAFT, something that took Prashant Bhushan off guard !!! Pls see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFlwhYcRGyY , and see more on video at https://www.facebook.com/mehtarahulc/po ... 1070646922 . But sadly, there are only 1000-2000 activists who understand the FACT that "activists should NEVER trust a draftless leader, and activist must ask for the DRAFT for whatever promise leader makes".
muraliravi wrote:Saar please. If that is the case, why did AK get lesser votes than Namo/BJP in delhi which is their hub? Just see the previous page where I have shown clearly that Namo has locked all BJP voters and made sure that they will not gravitate anywhere else. You have a valid point that, non- bjp voters who are considering Namo may get weaned away by AK. I doubt that will happen within such a short span of time. It will only happen in places where BJP is not a contender. All this 1000 activists joining on paper means nothing. You had said AK is beating Namo follower size on fb/twitter. I just checked and that is far from reality. AK has less than 900K follwers on twitter and 1.8M on FB. Namo has 3.1 Million on twitter and a whooping 7.3M on FB. Indian voters are smarter than you think. And this is the honeymoon period they have had. BJP can screw them with the fact they joined with congress.
Most middle class Delhi voters voted for BJP because they were unsure that AAP would get even 10 seats, and so they thought that vote for AAP will help Congress and not AAP. If elections are taken tomorrow, AAP would now get almost 80% of middle class voters in Delhi !!

So if MNC-paid-media creates a perception that AAP in Loksabha-2014 is all set to get most of the muslim/dalit/slum etc votes , and also middle class votes, and AAP is all set to get 200+ seats, then at least 25% middle class voters across India will end up voting for AAP.

Now as per twitter/FB follower count : NaMo has a huge full paid machinery on twitter\FB whereas paid machinery of AK is still very small. So if you count unpaid college going volunteers, then today AAP is ahead of BJP !!! The reason is that paid-media has convinced that AK will reduce corruption to zero !! And so youth is running for AAP.

Many say that AK supporters in Loksabha-2014 election will vote for NaMo. Then why are 1000s of young becoming AAP volunteers today? Delhi elections are all over. And why are they joining AAP across cities of India, where there is no Assembly elections in near future? The ONLY near term project is Loksabha-2014. And so all volunteers who are joining AAP after 8-dec-2013 are joining ONLY for Loksabha elections. And that will create a huge dent in votes BJP was hoping to get.

In may-2009, slum\dalits\muslims stayed with Congress and Congress got 29% votes. Middle didnt vote or votes got dispersed, and so BJP got IIRC 20%. Now if there are some 8 crore first time voters, about 12% of total voter population. BJP was hoping to get a big chunk of it. But in these first time voters, AK is seen as someone who can reduce corruption to zero while NaMo doesnt have that anti-corruption image .

So now all cards are with MNC-owners. MNC-owners will ask NaMo to kick out each and every Hinduvadi, each and every Nationalist, each and every Swadeshi, and give tickets pack with pro-MNC, pro-Missionary etc etc candidates. If NaMo refuses, then
  • AK will field 543 candidates across India.
  • paid-ToI etc will project AK as someone who can reduce corruption to zero !!!
  • CIA-owned Facebook will create an illusion = reality , that most users think that "AK is hero and NaMo is villain"
  • for next 5 months, Delhites will get electricity at 50% less prices. Heck , MNC-owners even pay people to consume electricity for next 5 months !!! Char mahine kee chandani , pheer andheri raat[ i.e. moon will shine for 4 days, and then there will darkness forever
  • and paid-media will create heroic tales of how AK brought revolution in electricity prices
and you do all extrapolation.

All this, only if NaMo refuses to give Loksabha tickets to MNC-agents. But if NaMo give tickets to agents of Missionaries and MNC-owners , then MNC-owners will not put AK on steroids and NaMo will become PM.\

===

Added later : Q) How much time\efforts do MNC-owners and CIA need to incrase FB\twitter follower count of AK to double that of NaMo? HINT : Right now, NaMo\AK both have hired 1000s of e-workers, along with millions of unpaid. But their efficiency is low as they work from user interface and dont have insider access to FB\wtitter servers. Now if CIA decides to use its access to twitter\FB servers to help AK over NaMo, then who will win?

Anyone who knows power server-side scripts over UI knows that sometimes tasks that can take days and weeks from UI can get done in minutes via serve side scripts. So dont under-estimate the power of MNC-owners, CIA etc in social media , and role social media will play in Loksabha-2014
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

^^^ Can you please share any proof for the assertions you have made here.

I can also claim that now, since AK has taken congress support, middle class is disappointed with him and will back Namo rock solid. In fact my claim will probably stand on more solid ground than yours
Last edited by muraliravi on 24 Dec 2013 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

Shonu wrote:
kapilrdave wrote:^^ He is personally still against it but people's referendum FORCED him to take this unwanted decision.
Is that what the AAP supporters are telling themselves?
Yeah. You have to see the mental gymnastics and semantics these guys are doing.

1. Its a minority government, so basically he hasnt really taken support.
2. The support from Congress is from outside, so no support taken.
3. He didnt want to make the government, was forced by wishes of people.
4. He is giving no ministership to any Congress MLA, so he hasnt yielded to them and hence no compromise and support basically.

And more. The levels of sycophancy are a sight to behold. People referring to him as sir and what not. Its such a sad sight to see so many people, otherwise bright-minded, going to extreme to justify their position, half the time starting to attack BJP and Modi in the process.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

So in that manner who is the Sonia-MMS combination bad. Sonia is not a minister but MMS covers for her. This time we have an IITian MMS.

See the subsidy bill for electricity will be a must if this joke has to go anywhere. OTOH MP, ChGarh, Guj and Raj have rejected muftkhori. The flip side is also good, the chikna crowd is getting exposed as the successors/executors of the old guard Congress walas. India too could be getting into a One country two systems mode.

Remember all this does not stop BJP shashit states one bit in their quest for development. Well almost. The centre will still play its game but well life is not perfect.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

What kind of help do you need Abhijit ?

It's interesting to note that Congress won only in slum areas and places which are predominantly muslim.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/faith-key-to-success-in-life-says-jayalalithaa/article5487451.ece
Addressing a cross-section of religious and political leaders at the launch of the traditional Christmas celebrations that she hosts each year, Ms. Jayalalithaa stressed the importance of faith, which was essential to achieve success in life. Miracles could happen if one believed; without faith one could not succeed, she said.
Ms. Jayalalithaa narrated a parable about how faith produced miracles to an audience that included G. Ramakrishnan, CPI (M) State secretary, D. Pandian, CPI State secretary, R. Sarath Kumar, All India Samathuva Makkal Katchi president, and C.K. Tamilarasan, MLA and general secretary of the Republican Party of India.
Most speakers expressed their confidence in Ms. Jayalalithaa making a good future Prime Minister.

P.H. Pandian, AIADMK organising secretary, outlined various welfare measures implemented by the Chief Minister for the Christian community. In fact, Tamil Nadu was perhaps the only State in the world that provided assistance for undertaking pilgrimage to Jerusalem, he said.George Antonysamy, Arch Bishop, Madras-Mylapore archdiocese, demanded Scheduled Caste status for Dalit Christians and inclusion of Christians in the Most Backward Classes list.

V. Devasahayam, Bishop, Church of South India, Diocese of Madras, described her as a “star that was rising from the south and destined towards the north” in an endorsement of Ms. Jayalalithaa as a future Prime Minister.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

^^^ This lady is going to prove to be NDA-2's Achilles Heel. Best for BJP if they try to form govt without her support. Namo should spend time protecting urban BJP fortress from AAP's poaching efforts instead of wasting time in trying for any alliance with this lady.
abhik
BRF Oldie

Post by abhik »

Anybody thought of makeing a GIF out of the AK swearing on his kids video?
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Saar, BJP has been given enuf material screw AAP and Congress royally. It is upto them to use it.

Expose AAP daily. High profile potshots can be taken, unless BJP sees stragetic sense in not giving AAP any bandwidth in addition to what the sold out media is giving.

But, in rajasthan they can just go all out and screw the damaat and hog the headlines again. In fact modi and raje need to talking about that right now.
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

I heard my father say that Raje ji has already declared that she is gonna go after damaad ji. Lets see if AAP moves faster on him or the Raj govt.

My take though is that damaad ji will fight a long drawn out court battle and win.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

let the fun begin
16:04 LIVE! Cong: Our decision to support AAP for govt formation not correct : Congress Gen Secy Janardan Dwivedi on the party's support to AAP. He says, "There is an opinion in the Congress that perhaps the decision to support AAP for government formation is not correct. Mandate was not for Congress, perhaps we should have played the role of opposition and raised people's issues."

So, is the Congress rethinking its support? Another visit to Lt Governor Najeeb Jung's residence in the offing?
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

^^^ :rotfl: The joke is on the people of dilli. It would have been much better for the people if there was another election, then people could have given a decisive verdict: either AAP or BJP.

Now, kongis will do what they do best: govt paralysis. They'll remain inside and keep rebelling. AAP will do what it has been doing: blame kongis and lotus.

The kongi line will be: "See, you guys believed in AAP and how they failed. We always told you that we are doing a decent job. You people were fools to try alternatives. Now that alternatives have also failed. Vote us back"

AAP line will be: "Well, we always knew that kongis and lotus will not allow us to give a good govt. But, if we ran away from it, they would have blamed us anyway. So, we took the challenge and showed how both the parties are together. We need to wipe out both these parties."

Thats all, thats their line. I don't see anything coming out of this. kongis will not want to be in this relationship for long. They'll be itching to get their votebanks back from the AAP. Now, mainos may not bother about that. But, lower kongis will not like this arrangement. So, they'll keep making noises and spoiling it for the fordriwal.

If fordriwal goes after a few token corrupt guys also(just to build up his reputation), it will unravel the kongi so much more.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

if he does anything to congi people, he is in major trouble, he wont do anything to piss the INC off, he knowns what they can do. He will be all noise only
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

The real danger is in Delhiites getting to see and liking the new "leaders" moving around without lal battis and living in their own homes, not sarkari makans. AAP is going to focus on these visible symbols first and it is aimed at both congis and BJP. They already have a very slick (read expensive) TV marketing campaign in place that is being played up by NDTV type MSM. There is a lot of money at work behind the facade.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

it is all very confusing
1. khujli baba says he is against congress
2. but will form govt with congress
3. will do investigations against congress

then where does congress stand? Either it is all lie or there is more than we can see.
Some where AAP realizes in the event of re election they may lose that could be desperation to take congress help.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Victor wrote:The real danger is in Delhiites getting to see and liking the new "leaders" moving around without lal battis and living in their own homes, not sarkari makans. AAP is going to focus on these visible symbols first and it is aimed at both congis and BJP. They already have a very slick (read expensive) TV marketing campaign in place that is being played up by NDTV type MSM. There is a lot of money at work behind the facade.
I have a strong feeling there will be plain cloth police men and intelligence sleuth around their house, just like security was given to M K Gandhi as he was important for congress survival
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

johneeG wrote:^^^ :rotfl: The joke is on the people of dilli. It would have been much better for the people if there was another election, then people could have given a decisive verdict: either AAP or BJP.

Now, kongis will do what they do best: govt paralysis. They'll remain inside and keep rebelling. AAP will do what it has been doing: blame kongis and lotus.

The kongi line will be: "See, you guys believed in AAP and how they failed. We always told you that we are doing a decent job. You people were fools to try alternatives. Now that alternatives have also failed. Vote us back"

AAP line will be: "Well, we always knew that kongis and lotus will not allow us to give a good govt. But, if we ran away from it, they would have blamed us anyway. So, we took the challenge and showed how both the parties are together. We need to wipe out both these parties."

Thats all, thats their line. I don't see anything coming out of this. kongis will not want to be in this relationship for long. They'll be itching to get their votebanks back from the AAP. Now, mainos may not bother about that. But, lower kongis will not like this arrangement. So, they'll keep making noises and spoiling it for the fordriwal.

If fordriwal goes after a few token corrupt guys also(just to build up his reputation), it will unravel the kongi so much more.
No Garu the joke is on us. The backbencher Hindu Nationalist. AK-47 has clearly mentioned that 'there is no such thing as unconditional support'.

This is all a put on show to occupy mindspace of the public till GE-14 and make AK-47 look like an Arvind Gandhi. Come GE-14 and AAP will be telling people that give us he full mandate so that we cannot be hamstrung by Congress. And they will use it to go even hyper on Congress == BJP. Hedging techniques. The whole game is to create a new MMS only this time there would be a voter base too.

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.” - Goebbels.

Look at the rank difference between what is committed on paper (manifesto) and what is said in their sabhas. Look at the clear distinction between the Vadara case where they kept quite before the elections. The fake cry of wolf that some of them raised during and just after counting. Pre emption is writ large.

The point is that the propaganda wing of congress is AAP. The political wing of AAP is congress. The Ungutha Chaap leaders that got elected are the new pawns in the power game. The coup was by the hi comman.

johneeG garu can you tell me of a good story where a mayavi meets his match in a Deva in the Epics thread. Need to understand how our ancestors dealt with these.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/why-concern-shown-to-devyani-missing-in-tamils-case-asks-karunanidhi/article5497761.ece
DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Monday said it was frustrating to note that the Indian government was “screaming restlessly” over the Devyani Khobragade arrest episode, while no similar concern was shown over the deaths of Tamils in Sri Lanka, including that of a woman news presenter.

The diplomat’s arrest was being discussed inside and outside Parliament with reports of Indian government’s swift action in this matter, he said.

It’s more frustrating (to note) that the government and the Union Ministers who are screaming restlessly for an Indian woman were not as much restless when Isaipriya, Balachandran and thousands of Tamils were killed in Sri Lanka,” he said in an apparent reference to the ethnic conflict in the Island nation.

Isaipriya was a news broadcaster and was believed to have been killed in combat. Earlier this year, a documentary aired by a British TV channel claimed she was killed in cold blood, resulting in outrage in Tamil Nadu.

Similarly, pictures of the bullet-riddled body of slain LTTE leader V Prabhakaran’s son Balachandran, aged 12, had also prompted strong reaction in the state, with all parties including the AIADMK and the DMK condemning Sri Lanka over the issue.

Responding to a set of questions in party mouthpiece `Murasoli,’ Mr Karunanidhi said he did not find anything wrong in showing concerns for Ms Devyani but was “only regretting” why no similar “affection” was shown for Isaipriya.
RajeshAji,muraliraviji,Gusji,SwamyGji,Neelaji.nageshksji,chetakji

Question to all of you,

why? why? why ? and these are questions that tamizh nationalists will 'force' Jaya to ask when NaMo come to power.And dont tell Artiste that Isaipriya and others were not Indian citizens.Thats NOT good enough for PMK,MDMK etc
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

Why is AK considered to be against Congress per se? His agitation was about anti corruption. Only incidentally it was Congress at the Centre and in Delhi. He became a focal point for all anti congress anger, though he or his agitation may not be. All he wanted for some bureaucratic control over the establishment with him at the controls - something like the politburo with him as the chairman. Why he has to do worry about the nitty gritty of governing where he can control things by having a plenary and rail against any reformist policies.
Has anyone read Mao's initial campaigns? I can't claim I am very knowledgeable about this topic. Is there any parallels between his methods and AK's? Obviously there is no bloodshed like in the case of Mao's but it would be interesting to see if there are any similarities.
Anti corruption is purely a vehicle to reach people. All this participatory democracy could easily change into mobocracy and if it stays true to pattern, the same mobs will be royally screwed. It doesn't help that some of his mates are some kind of socialists/marxists or naxal sympathisers
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Coming to a theater near your house

"Binny Ki Bagawat"

ps: Binod Kr Binny , giant killer, walked out of AAP meet over denial of minister-ship. Hinted that he would hold press conference on the issue tomorrow. He is Ward Councillor earlier and claims to be senior to other first timers and lowly or highly educated AAP MLAs
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

svenkat wrote: RajeshAji,muraliraviji,Gusji,SwamyGji,Neelaji.nageshksji,chetakji

Question to all of you,

why? why? why ? and these are questions that tamizh nationalists will 'force' Jaya to ask when NaMo come to power.And dont tell Artiste that Isaipriya and others were not Indian citizens.Thats NOT good enough for PMK,MDMK etc
Please read NaMo's Trichi speech. Already, NaMo made a hard reference towards SL about the woes of the Indian fishermen, and how SL is being unduly harsh. In fact, as the BJP spreads in TN, I suspect its policy towards SL will harden quite a bit. This is actually the message that is being given to the people of TN by the BJP. You are ignored because you elect regional parties that have no influence at the centre. If you elect us, we will be more sympathetic towards you.
member_26255
BRFite

Post by member_26255 »

1st rebellion in AAP as Arvind Kejriwal 'finalizes' ministers list

1st rebellion in AAP as Arvind Kejriwal 'finalizes' ministers list
Aam Admi Party (AAP) witnessed first rebellion as ‘Giant Killer’ Vinod Kumar Binny promised to make big expose on Wednesday.

Upset over not getting cabinet berth in CM-designate Arvind Kejriwal, Binny said he would hold a press conference on Wednesday to make big expose.

However, he refused to comment about the kind of expose he will make. It is still unclear that the expose is related to Aam Admi Party or its founder convener Arvind Kejriwal.

Meanwhile, reports are coming the AAP has finalsied the name six cabinet ministers. The possible AAP ministers are Manish Sisodia, Somnath Bharti, Girish Soni, Rakhi Birla,. Saurabh Bhardwaj and Satyendra Jain.

After getting the news of his name missing from the list of probables, Binny, who defeated Congress Heavyweight Ashok Kumar Walia from Laxmi Nagar seat, met Kejriwal at his residence, where the meeting was on to finalise the list.

Angry over sidelined, Binny came out of the meeting and told reporters waiting outside that he could make big expose on Wednesday.

Former Congress leader had joined Anna Hazare’s Jan Lokpal movement and later Kejriwal’s newly floated political outfit AAP.

It is the first sign of rebellion surfaced in the AAP ahead of the swearing in ceremony, which is expected to take place on December 26.

When AAP leader Yogendra Yadav was asked to comment over the issue, he maintained absolute silence.

Another AAP leader Gopal Rai said that Binny hasn’t discussed anything with the Binny. Rai said that there was no basis to such media claims.

“Binny hasn’t said to AAP or given any statement before media about the expose,” Rai told a news channel, categorically denying any rift in the party.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

saravana wrote:Why is AK considered to be against Congress per se? His agitation was about anti corruption. Only incidentally it was Congress at the Centre and in Delhi. He became a focal point for all anti congress anger, though he or his agitation may not be. All he wanted for some bureaucratic control over the establishment with him at the controls - something like the politburo with him as the chairman. Why he has to do worry about the nitty gritty of governing where he can control things by having a plenary and rail against any reformist policies.
Has anyone read Mao's initial campaigns? I can't claim I am very knowledgeable about this topic. Is there any parallels between his methods and AK's? Obviously there is no bloodshed like in the case of Mao's but it would be interesting to see if there are any similarities.
Anti corruption is purely a vehicle to reach people. All this participatory democracy could easily change into mobocracy and if it stays true to pattern, the same mobs will be royally screwed. It doesn't help that some of his mates are some kind of socialists/marxists or naxal sympathisers
Saravana-ji,
There is a lot of similarities between AK and the earliest Communists. Try reading what Rosa Luxembourg was saying. You will find uncanny parallels between AK and Luxembourg, and Bela Kun.
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

^^ Please drop the ji! Thanks for the heads up, will read up on them.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

nageshksji,
You didnt get my drift at all.It is not easy for GOI to do a tightrope walk between fantastic claims in TN and GOI perspective on eezham.There will be enormous pressure on NaMo.