Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Sorry for OT:

Does somebody has connection to where poster 'Sushupti' is these days, if he is posting on some other site or email? Would be great to know. I miss his posts he was a greater generator of info.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

devesh,
was i convincing or did i tie myself up in knots? reply in ot thread.Its not 'il' at all.I thought as a srivaishnava,you would have known.It is 'thiruvoimozhi' not 'thiruvoimoli'
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

If Congi gets less than 90, then NAMO can break 1/3rd off and govern India for next 15 years while AAP & Congi fight for central lefti space with third front & communists.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

RSS, BJP, BD, VHP etc cadre was unhappy, disinterested in 2004 and 2009. This time they are super duper galvanized and will convert a lot of marginal seats for BJP. The BJP election prospects may keep snow balling into bigger and bigger as nothing succeeds like success.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Karan M wrote:
svenkat wrote:The former BRF moderator Maverick had defended Rahul saying Hindu backlash could have led to unchecked mayhem and chaos.I will not discount that version.Theres lot of rage in India against muslims.Also giving into one rage can lead to other issues,though they will be of lesser magnitude..
RaGa didnt say anything about any backlash. He just said Hindu extremism is the greatest threat to India at a time when jihadis were attacking India non stop. Only showed how callow he was and how influenced he was by his mentor, shri Digvijay Singh.

Am coming around to thinking that Digvijay is not such a big idiot as he is made out to be. Perhaps he is not even making the strategy but is being used by Pappu, Priyanka, vadhera, Ahmed Patel etc to articulate their stoooopid world view.
Last edited by vic on 31 Jan 2014 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Dhananjay wrote:Sorry for OT:

Does somebody has connection to where poster 'Sushupti' is these days, if he is posting on some other site or email? Would be great to know. I miss his posts he was a greater generator of info.
He is active on twitter.

http://twitter.com/Sushuptii
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

vic wrote:Am coming around to thinking that Digvijay is not such a big idiot as he is made out to be. Perhaps is not making the strategy but is being used by Pappu, Priyanka, vadhera, Ahmed Patel etc to articulate their stoooopid world view.

That's even worse...not good news at all. :|
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

My wife usually says I am so much in awe of Modi that I dismiss RaGa without giving him a fair chance. Yesterday I showed her the full length RaGa interview with Arnab. She now thinks RaGa is retarded. Says Sonia should not let him get humiliated like this in public if she knows he can't do it. :rotfl:
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

disha wrote:Farzana Varshney is a bigot. I had excellent run-ins with her on twitter - the best way to handle that nutcase is to get her in touch with other bigots like Rana Ayyub or Kavita Krishnan and also the bakibots (baki bigots) come in handy. They get introduced and none of them respect each other. Bigots that they are.

Also Farzana is trying to make a career. So best is to head such bigots off early in the game.
disha ji .. may I know how to start following your tweets at Twitter.
KaranM ji and other BRites .. pls share your twitter Ids .. I'd like to stay in touch with the fraternity at Teetar.

As for FV kinds, it is fashionable for them to scream in the wrong direction. Makes em popular.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Dilbu wrote:My wife usually says I am so much in awe of Modi that I dismiss RaGa without giving him a fair chance. Yesterday I showed her the full length RaGa interview with Arnab. She now thinks RaGa is retarded. Says Sonia should not let him get humiliated like this in public if she knows he can't do it. :rotfl:
Exactly the same scenario in my cave. Wife was telling me for some time that I am not fair to RaGa. I made her watch the interview. Now she thinks he is a retard and says he is been set up by Priyanka for sure.
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Virendra wrote:
disha wrote:Farzana Varshney is a bigot. I had excellent run-ins with her on twitter - the best way to handle that nutcase is to get her in touch with other bigots like Rana Ayyub or Kavita Krishnan and also the bakibots (baki bigots) come in handy. They get introduced and none of them respect each other. Bigots that they are.

Also Farzana is trying to make a career. So best is to head such bigots off early in the game.
disha ji .. may I know how to start following your tweets at Twitter.
KaranM ji and other BRites .. pls share your twitter Ids .. I'd like to stay in touch with the fraternity at Teetar.

As for FV kinds, it is fashionable for them to scream in the wrong direction. Makes em popular.

Virendra Ji, Please refer to BR social Media Cell dhaaga....
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

vic wrote:RSS, BJP, BD, VHP etc cadre was unhappy, disinterested in 2004 and 2009. This time they are super duper galvanized and will convert a lot of marginal seats for BJP. The BJP election prospects may keep snow balling into bigger and bigger as nothing succeeds like success.
Not sure of some in VHP, especially Praveen Togodia, he always opposes BJP, spews venom and quotes unreal events where Hindus are mass murderors in Places like MH( INC center and STate Govt) and gets away with it.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

saravana wrote:^^ Just did that Saar. From her wiki page, she seems like a south asian. No wonder pitching for WomenEmpowerer.
She has also been published in many other Indian and Pakistani periodicals including Times of India, The Illustrated Weekly of India, Sunday Observer, Gentleman and The Friday Times (Pakistan).
Versey's first book, entitled A Journey Interrupted - Being Indian in Pakistan[6] was published by Harper-Collins India in Spring 2008.
Can't find her articles in rediff, I think they might have scrubbed it clean. But saw now one of her articles elsewhere scoffing at people supporting Malala. :roll:
OT: Wonder how many south asians are writing in papers across the border.
First tarak Fatah and now this Farzana Varshney. What's with the TFTA types wanting to be Indians suddenly? Do they like cavity searches from unkil? Perhaps this should be in good news thread.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

fanne wrote:I suspect Godhra was supposed to be Mopalah Rebellion of the 21 century in the North, where finally the Hindu overloads were shown the right place and maybe communist can then take over all of north India (as they did with Kerela, show this religious struggle as class struggle, get many sections of Hindus support it, thereby permanently sterilizing the Hindu society, as in Kerela). That failed and they want to hang one person for it NM.
Or perhaps they did not expect the dhoti shivering SDRE reacting so openly and so violently against the train burning and they expected the government to kill the Hindu terrorists in higher numbers.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

bhargava wrote:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Just watched the programme. Felt like slapping that INC spokey.
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

The name is Farzana Versey not Varshney. She is Indian, residing in Mumbai.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Bappi Lahiri joins BJP along with Ex Mumbai police chief Mr Singh
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^While Bappi Lahiri would prove his weight in Iron if je can swing at least 1 seat in WB towards lotus, Mr S Singh is reportedly being fielded from Baghpat seat in UP, Ajit Singh's turf... Lol! Nice way to katao-fy that backstabber opportunist and also get the jats on your side....
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I wonder why Ajit Singh keeps getting elected. His father was a tall leader but he passed away ~30 years ago.
What exactly is his contribution to his constituency except for being a minister in every govt since Weepeey Singh days.
During the riots, He was nowhere to be seen when Jats (his core constituency) initially were being killed by 'Minority' community on one side and state acting against them on other.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Trinamool Congress Only Alternative for India: Mamata
Kolkata | Jan 30, 2014

Kickstarting her party's Lok Sabha campaign from a mammoth rally here, Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee today said her party would go it alone in the polls and renewed her call for a federal front.

The West Bengal Chief Minister also said that the Trinamool Congress was the only alternative for the country. :D

Addressing a well-attended rally here, Banerjee, who had shared power earlier with the BJP-led NDA and Congress-led UPA at the Centre, attacked both, saying, "We do we want dynastic rule, nor do we want a government of rioters at the Centre. We want a people's government". {worryingly , similar pitch as sAAP} :eek:

Banerjee, who was asked by the CPI-M earlier to come clean on the party's stand vis a vis a Narendra-Modi headed government after the LS election, made it clear that there will not be any alliance with the BJP. :arrow:

Ruling out any truck with the BJP, Congress and the Marxists in the coming election, she said, "We want a federal front of regional parties as an alternative in order to strengthen and safeguard the interests of the states. If such a front is in a position to form the next government, we will give our support."

Banerjee said her party would try hard to stitch together a federal front of regional parties to form a government after the next polls.

She also expressed her willingness to give outside support to such a government, saying, "If needed, we will give support. We do not have have any lust for power and chair."

Confident of playing a crucial role at the Centre post-election, she claimed that her party was the only alternative to Congress and BJP in the country.

Coming down hard at the UPA governent for price rise, corruption and "non-cooperation" in giving funds to West Bengal, she called for "durniti hatao, desh bachao."

"At the Centre we want a government of integrity and unity and want a change of dynastic rule in Delhi. The country is for all," she told the rally which was held in remembrance of 13 party workers who were killed during a demonstration in 1993 and the day is observed as a "Shaheed Divas".

She also chose the rally to announce that TMC would fight the Lok Sabha election in states apart from West Bengal.

"We will fight the elections in other states apart from Bengal. I will personally campaign in those other states too," she said to loud cheers of the big gathering at the vast Brigade Parade Ground.

She also said that black money stashed in some countries should be brought back to India.

The mega rally led to massive traffic jams in the city.

Riding high on the party's back-to-back massive victories in the recent panchayat and municipal elections, she, however, cautioned party workers against being complacent and overconfident.

Giving a call for "Delhi chalo", she said, "We have to target all 42 seats in West Bengal.

"We want to win all the 42 seats in Bengal. But that will not be by coercion, but by love and making people understand that CPI(M) has not done anything for them in 35 years," she said.

Elated over the impressive turnout, she said it proved that Bengal would once again lead the country and refered to freedom fighter Gopal Krishna Gokhale's famous quotes, "What Bengal thinks today, India thinks tomorrow".
http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=826859
A Criminally conservative outlook - and living in the past to the boot..
Wonder if she uttered atleast two words for Bengali Hindus being massacred in BD , while labeling BJP under NaMo as a govt of rioters.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

She is just an interim solution till the Communist disintegration and necessary filling of the vaccum by other political ideologies including saffron. If she can preside over that she will have served her purpose.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

The blueprint is clean and clear....

The turd front - ADMK+TMC+SP+BJD+CPM+JDU+JDS (in decreasing order of likely seats in LS 2014) will cobble together a UF type of disaster (circa 1996) for a while with happy outside support from khangress (anything to keep Modi out). This turd front apparition will totter and collapse unto itself within a year (max 2). But by then damage will have been done. Khangress will hope for a rejuvenated showing owing to short public memory as UPA-2 will by then be a [pleasent memory compared to the chaos that UF-2 will unleash.... aakhthoooo.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

IBTL says BJP might not win any seat in WB

In TN it could be AIADMK , DMK winning less than what it did in 2009
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

bhargava wrote:Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Thankyou. I don't know how SJ lives with himself. Even a die-hard fan of some party cannot be so blind to reality. He speaks with such arrogance it can be seen overflowing in his facial expressions.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

devesh wrote:so, is the tamil pronunciation exactly like the 'zh' transliteration? so basically, it's not "il" at all?
'zh' is pronounced as a subtle 'il' - hard to explain in words, but it should roll off your tongue. The north indian pronunciation of "tamil" is incorrect.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

They will win Darjeeling if they have an arrangement with gorkha janmukti morcha like 2009. NM needs to campaign in the 2-3 seats where they have a chance in WB.
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Hari Seldon wrote:The blueprint is clean and clear....

The turd front - ADMK+TMC+SP+BJD+CPM+JDU+JDS (in decreasing order of likely seats in LS 2014) will cobble together a UF type of disaster (circa 1996) for a while with happy outside support from khangress (anything to keep Modi out). This turd front apparition will totter and collapse unto itself within a year (max 2). But by then damage will have been done. Khangress will hope for a rejuvenated showing owing to short public memory as UPA-2 will by then be a [pleasent memory compared to the chaos that UF-2 will unleash.... aakhthoooo.
Hari Sir, not to worry. All the above put together will barely touch 110 seats. Even that is high. Congress max is 125. So even that is just 235. There is no where else to go for another 40 seats. Plus you put cpm and tmc together, which wont happen. So reduce 15-20 seats from the 235.
subhamoy.das
BRFite

Post by subhamoy.das »

CPM and TMC can support from outside a federal front just like BSP, SP supports UPA while they are at each others neck in their home turf. NDA must cross 250 on their own to finish of chances of a federal front supported by CONG(I). Recent mood of the nation prediction is around 200 for federal front ( if we can include all non NDA and UPA parties ). So federal front is a possibility
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

subhamoy.das wrote:CPM and TMC can support from outside a federal front just like BSP, SP supports UPA while they are at each others neck in their home turf. NDA must cross 250 on their own to finish of chances of a federal front supported by CONG(I). Recent mood of the nation prediction is around 200 for federal front ( if we can include all non NDA and UPA parties ). So federal front is a possibility
SP & BSP are doing that becos, UPA does not need both. BSP is not supporting UPA now with mulayam as a minister. In federal front, they both have to be in govt, which will never happen. Jaya, Mamata and Maya are all very ambitious people. Co-existing is impossible.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

rumor is Saurav ganguly and Mithunda are being roped in to contest for Trinamool.
KLP Dubey
BRFite

Post by KLP Dubey »

subhamoy.das wrote:CPM and TMC can support from outside a federal front just like BSP, SP supports UPA while they are at each others neck in their home turf. NDA must cross 250 on their own to finish of chances of a federal front supported by CONG(I). Recent mood of the nation prediction is around 200 for federal front ( if we can include all non NDA and UPA parties ). So federal front is a possibility

I agree with Dr. Subramanian Swamy, the party will cross 272 seats on its own. NDA and other aliance partners will take the tally beyond 300.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

jaya, maya, mamata are all ambitious, but their scope of reach is regional onlee.. so there national perspectives are zilch!
people have to be nailed on this aspect alone, and counter the playing field that this is not a regional elections.. so vote for the concerns of national governance, that actually help the regional forces to align in the right direction for benefits.

sometimes I think, team modi needs to often infuse the Microsoft FUD strategies to keep the competitors at bay. the bjp as a team is failing on this regard. the fact that these ammas are looking for jais is because of this bjp factor onlee.

the reason, modi must ensure, he creates a team full of modi-lets.. ideas and governance, and the core model similar to MS hardware abstraction framework to support various peripheral applications - regional entities.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

It will be somewhere in the upper 200's for sure. The BJP should slowly neutralize all political parties in the country by slowly co-opting their leaders to join BJP and stealing their vote base. No more regionalism. He should then start drafting a new constitution and move towards a presidential system and then break up some states for more efficient governance.
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

I expect the BJP to hit close to or just above 300 on its own.. just watch
muraliravi
BRF Oldie

Post by muraliravi »

Well, here is the best news of the day

http://www.sunday-guardian.com/news/mns ... m-ls-polls

Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) president Raj Thackeray is exploring the option of not fielding candidates in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections to hide the disarray in his party. Thackeray is likely to announce his decision at a rally in Pune on 9 February.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

muraliravi wrote:Well, here is the best news of the day

http://www.sunday-guardian.com/news/mns ... m-ls-polls

Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) president Raj Thackeray is exploring the option of not fielding candidates in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections to hide the disarray in his party. Thackeray is likely to announce his decision at a rally in Pune on 9 February.

I wish the Thackeray cousins would just put their egos to one side and get back together. But given even Balasaheb could not convince them to do so it looks impossible. The next best thing would be some kind of seat sharing agreement between SS/MNS/BJP. Otherwise they are just splitting each other's votes and the INC-NCP benefits.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

SaiK wrote:jaya, maya, mamata are all ambitious, but their scope of reach is regional onlee..
They are also megalomaniacs who can bring down a government at any time. I really hope the NDA does not have to rely on any of these three to get their 272+
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

^^^ Good point. They must not forget what happened in 1999 when the Vajpayee govt was elected the first time.
Jayalalitha Jayaram withdrew support and the no-confidence vote in Lok Sabha was lost by ONE SINGLE VOTE, forcing another round of Lok Sabha elections. A regional party brought down the central govt. (with support from other parties, of course). Those lessons must not be forgotten, it could prove costly.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... f-minister
Last edited by SriKumar on 02 Feb 2014 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Karan M wrote:...And how Modi was the target of the entire campaign not just the BJP. As far back as 1998 or thereabouts, Barkha ma'am is spewing venom against Modi on some video. So quite clearly the system had recognized this guy as a potential threat who couldn't be coopted way back, and tried to remove him...
Karan M ji,
can you share the link . I tried searching but unable to find by myself.
Reminded of *that* artecal by Karan Thapars in HT 2007 which identifies NaMo as the longterm threat to congi mafia and suggests "eliminating" him. Now Barkha's 1998 is a decade further back in time that too before the Gujarat.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

I have a feeling that this election will be a blow to the turd front and hopefully a deathblow to some people. I can see a rout for at least some - niku, Maya, dmk ..