Malaysian Airlines Flight MH-370 goes missing

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Re: Malaysian Airlines Flight MH-370 goes missing

Post by TSJones »

Why would a muslim pilot want to fly to one of the most top secret, double probation redoubts of all Christendom?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Had to reply to that. :(

TSJ, if you spend a bit of time at the PakDef, you would know the answer to that. Most users have names like TopGun, TomCat etc. instead of their real names which translate to Donkeysass and such. Practising taking off on raids of Kandahar, no doubt.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

krishnan wrote:
Air Force's primary radars had detected an aircraft heading towards the AndamanSea -- that there was a chance that the aircraft might have flown westwards, one wishes they had requested Indian assistance much earlier.
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/mh370 ... 140317.htm

A very speculative article to cash in onthe MH-370 flight disappearance conundrum and throw some mud on Indian defence capabilities. We dont know for sure if the MH-370 ever went westward so far.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

UlanBatori wrote:Had to reply to that. :(

TSJ, if you spend a bit of time at the PakDef, you would know the answer to that. Most users have names like TopGun, TomCat etc. instead of their real names which translate to Donkeysass and such. Practising taking off on raids of Kandahar, no doubt.
Oh yeah, I visit PakDef all the time. I post under the name of USImmigrationLawyer.

My theory is that the Billy Graham organization got to the pilot and converted him.

Or maybe the only guys in the US who wear white shirts and neckties and ride bicylces got to him.
Harpal Bector
BRFite

Post by Harpal Bector »

Unless the DG had reason to believe that MH370 was attempting to attack the facility - there would be no reason to attack the a/c. The a/c in distressed would have hailed DG for help.

There is nothing to suggest that the pilot held religious views which made him hostile to other religious groups. A Muslim pilot may go to DG to seek help with a security or technical problem.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

He COULD have been fleeing for asylum, given that the goons were closing in on him as a "fanatic supporter of the Opposition Leader". Malaysia is already quasi-AQ, heading towards full AQ. But he clearly could not take his family with him. Wonder if they managed to escape, but unlikely now. Far from AQ, this guy was probably one of the best friends that democratic forces could have had in Malaysia. The current enthusiasm to paint the pilots as terrorists seems to be motivated by their refusal to support the Islamist dictatorship.

See this report in the Sydney Morning Herald:Anwar Ibrahim 'disgusted' by speculation over Malaysia Airlines jet

NOW the tubelight goes on: Why he did not wait for the Official Taxi to come for him to take him to the "airport"!! Unless he had already been dragged off by the Secret Polis and the guy who flew was an impostor.
Rajiv Lather
BRFite

Post by Rajiv Lather »

I had signed off; but spied some anti-slavery, pro-democracy crusaders here. So have to reveal something that came my way - the Americans, and most of the American free media, especially CNN are majorly involved in the cover-up.

We are actually living in an unreal world now - and we know only what the governments, especially of the "international community", want us to know. Things are pretty bad if someone knowledgeable and educated (for example, me) is fooled by clever use of leaks and blocks.

Not a single government has had any sympathy for the relatives of the passengers; who have gone through hell. Something will have to give now...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

UlanBatori wrote: Added: there is actually no need at all to overfly KudaHuvadhoo to reach DG from the Straits of Malacca. Unless one wanted to say hello to the houris sunning themselves in the backyards or buying Rooh Afza at the FahiMart, which only opens at 9AM, BTW, and is closed Sundays. Quite a detour, in fact.
I will brove that you are totally wrong. The flight from last known position is a straight line over Maldives up to Diego Garcia
Madhusudhan
BRFite

Post by Madhusudhan »

MS FlightSim has most airports in the world by default in its database, including very obscure airports in the middle of nowhere. Just because the airport exists in the FlightSim does not mean anything, unless there is specific evidence of him flying routes to these obscure airports...
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB thanks for livening up this tragic thread. I think UBNC (UB News and Conspiracies) is more appropriate description of all the news media following this tragedy.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Okay I am praposing the ultimate chankian CT. The plane went straight up and crossed into outer space.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

chaanakya wrote:Do Ills of Indian system as narrated by you and not disputed by me absolve the Govt of this responsibility?
No. In fact my opinion is that you have no idea about how Indian politicians work on the Indian public. OT here but last week I met Ananth Kumar (BJP candidate for Bangalore South) in a local residents meeting. He said that he is responsible for Bangalore Metro, and Bangalore flyovers, Bangalore water supply etc. He was not able to answer why the potholed road in front of his house was not repaired for 3 years despite appearing on the Corporation "to do" list.

A few days later Nandan "Rahul for PM" Italykini (Italian candidate for Bangalore south) appeared on TV and said that this election is all about Bangalore. He said he is going to use his power as MP for Bangalore. He gets 5 crore to spend on his constituency. Only problem is - the budget for Bangalore is 8,000 crores - and the budget for school watchmen alone is 11 crores. So what is Nandan Italykini going to do?

Indian politicians will gladly talk crap if you put that crap in their mouths and say that you want to hear them talk crap. I put it to you that you are inviting them to talk crap by telling them to promise or demand things regarding MH 370. So please cut the sanctimony. Better to stick to CTs.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Okay I am praposing the ultimate chankian CT. The plane went straight up and crossed into outer space.
I am 400% in agreement with the Mullah D'ilboo. The blane was going straight towards the satellite. So many faithful "pings" and "pangs" of true Ishk, even when no rebly.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Cosmic gravity waves. Harvard made the announcement yesteday.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

shiv wrote:
chaanakya wrote:Do Ills of Indian system as narrated by you and not disputed by me absolve the Govt of this responsibility?
No. In fact my opinion is that you have no idea about how Indian politicians work on the Indian public. OT here but last week I met Ananth Kumar (BJP candidate for Bangalore South) in a local residents meeting. He said that he is responsible for Bangalore Metro, and Bangalore flyovers, Bangalore water supply etc. He was not able to answer why the potholed road in front of his house was not repaired for 3 years despite appearing on the Corporation "to do" list.

A few days later Nandan "Rahul for PM" Italykini (Italian candidate for Bangalore south) appeared on TV and said that this election is all about Bangalore. He said he is going to use his power as MP for Bangalore. He gets 5 crore to spend on his constituency. Only problem is - the budget for Bangalore is 8,000 crores - and the budget for school watchmen alone is 11 crores. So what is Nandan Italykini going to do?

Indian politicians will gladly talk crap if you put that crap in their mouths and say that you want to hear them talk crap. I put it to you that you are inviting them to talk crap by telling them to promise or demand things regarding MH 370. So please cut the sanctimony. Better to stick to CTs.
Not sure why do you bring politicians when I did not refer to it.

And what two or ten politicians, whom you met, say or don't say to you is not my concern here.They have been talking crap since you were young and still keep talking crap when new generation is there. And that includes technocrats turned politicians as well.

If you want to talk about them in unrelated manner it is your business, Shiv Garu, not mine.Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but then well, they are your mere opinion.
Anurag
BRFite

Post by Anurag »

Don't you think the Chinese would have caught the plane at DG by now. They would have looked for it much earlier and raised hell about it, would have been a good PR opp.

After all they have 21 satellites "deployed" :lol:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Anurag, in all this, remember that there is ONE GEO sat that is All-Seeing and All-Bowerful in these regions. And that is ***drumroll*** Paksat-1R Not a rat moves at Diego Garcia (and they have millions!) without PakSat-1R getting a "peeing". In fact I strongly believe that all those INMARSAT stories are just to give credit to the poor Inmarsatis, for the herrowic acts of PakSat-1R. So by now PakSat-1R will have told its creators the whole truth. MH370 can run, but it cannot hide.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 18 Mar 2014 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Sad as it is but now its more mysterious than anything.MH370 case should be designated now as case of Victoria No 203.

Koi Battha Dey, 777 Kanha Pey Chuuppa Hai
Paki Pilot Dekho Nikla Barra Bewaffa hai ,
O Malaysia , Tuune Kaisa kiya hai Ghotala
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

Apologies if this is repost.
"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence." There is an estimated 60% probability that Malaysian Airlines, in allowing a large cargo of unstable lithium-ion batteries to be loaded onto a civilian passenger flight for money (which many airlines don't allow per NTSB, IATA and ICAO safety recommendations) triggered a disastrous chain of events. Unlike the tragic 1987 South African Airways 747 conventional cargo fire where the pilots were able to transmit for a full 15 minutes before most of the electronics were burned out and all lives lost, a large lithium-ion fire would have given the Malaysian Airlines pilots under a minute to react in futility and certainly no time to attempt a report even if some of the radio electronics were still working. The batteries would have then melted through the bottom of the aluminum cargo hold and fallen into the sea. The visual sighting of the plane burning brightly at high altitude for 10-15 seconds by oil platform worker Michael McKay who promptly reported it to authorities confirms the intense fire which certainly in combination with smoke, then freezing temperatures and hypoxia would have quickly killed all occupants. What remained of the electronics was apparently able to keep the 777 aloft until the fuel ran out. The likely trajectory would have been SW toward the Indian Ocean crossing the satellite ping overlays as heading North would have been detected by various countries' radar.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Saral wrote:Apologies if this is repost.
"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence." There is an estimated 60% probability that Malaysian Airlines, in allowing a large cargo of unstable lithium-ion batteries to be loaded onto a civilian passenger flight for money (which many airlines don't allow per NTSB, IATA and ICAO safety recommendations) triggered a disastrous chain of events. Unlike the tragic 1987 South African Airways 747 conventional cargo fire where the pilots were able to transmit for a full 15 minutes before most of the electronics were burned out and all lives lost, a large lithium-ion fire would have given the Malaysian Airlines pilots under a minute to react in futility and certainly no time to attempt a report even if some of the radio electronics were still working. The batteries would have then melted through the bottom of the aluminum cargo hold and fallen into the sea. The visual sighting of the plane burning brightly at high altitude for 10-15 seconds by oil platform worker Michael McKay who promptly reported it to authorities confirms the intense fire which certainly in combination with smoke, then freezing temperatures and hypoxia would have quickly killed all occupants. What remained of the electronics was apparently able to keep the 777 aloft until the fuel ran out. The likely trajectory would have been SW toward the Indian Ocean crossing the satellite ping overlays as heading North would have been detected by various countries' radar.

The turn that MH370 made was programmed into the FMS computer, radio seemed OK as copilot calmly acknowledged a call from ATC, so this catastrophic fire would have just caused slow decompression, killing everyone and not structural failure ??
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

chetak wrote: The turn that MH370 made was programmed into the FMS computer, radio seemed OK as copilot calmly acknowledged a call from ATC, so this catastrophic fire would have just caused slow decompression, killing everyone and not structural failure ??
Another fire theory due to tires here http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh ... ical-fire/ Whether lithium-ion cargo or some other cause, it seems that fires could've been consistent with what happened.. Everyone dead and plane goes on for hours before crashing into Indian ocean. Yes, fire seems much more likely than catastrophic structural failure.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Malaysian PM seeks Pakistan’s cooperation in tracing missing jet
http://www.dawn.com/news/1093971/malays ... issing-jet
Azeem disclosed that Malaysian aviation authorities also spoke with Pakistan Air Force (PAF) chief Tahir Rafique Butt and sought cooperation in tracing the missing jet. ( Daal Mey Kusch Kaal Hai )The special assistant said Malaysian authorities have contacted some 25 countries for their help and cooperation and Pakistan is among such countries.“India comes before Pakistan, so how it is possible that the plane could have headed towards Pakistan without being tracked by Indian radars,” Azeem questioned and added, “what they are looking for is any minor flying object on our radars at that time.”
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Jhujar: Aap bole so jaisa saap chamde se nikal rahi hai. (Just like you said already, the snake is shedding its skin).
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I am beginning to see why Bakistan is now involved. The action seems to have shifted from the Bangladesh Ocean to the Pakistan Ocean. The Maldives location is due south of Mali, but way north of DG. Lo-flying may have indicated a landing further south on one of the islands. Easy transfer to a container ship headed for Somalia - or north to Pakistan!!! Shiv, check that Google map for houris sunning themselves in the Maldives, immediately S-SE of the KudaHuvadhoo FahiMart. Wonder where they can hide a 777 though - there are few buildings, and the islands look pretty flat, located on a big semi-circular ridge that comes almost to sea-level. Strange flowing patterns on the ocean in Googlemaps, almost like water flowing off to either side of a rock.

It is within each patrol range of DG, but who was looking there that Sunday morning? And a container ship bound for Africa would raise no comment around those parts.

Extremely interesting place, the Mala Dveep. Each atoll is like the crater rim of a blown-out volcano, full of sea-water nearly to the brim, so encloses a nice shallow lagoon. The place is as big as South India in total area! Maybe some of those lagoons are not very shallow but extend half-way through the core of Earth? Must be tons of lava tube caves all round. I wonder if the Faithful have taken over an atoll and constructed an entire base like Tora Bora directly north of DG?? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Landing site mostly like in (proceeding south from Kudahuvadhoo)
a) Thaa Atoll
b) Laamu Atoll
c) Gaafu Alifu Atoll

That's like 200+ miles total, so my vote is for northside Thaa if the villagers were disturbed by the noise of the airliner. That was not 5000 feet, may have been like 1000 feet. Final approach, flaps down, 12 miles or so from touchdown. They should ask them to describe the noise to determine if flaps and landing gear were down. Big town/island of Vilufushi is on north-east side of the atoll and smaller island village of Buruni at northmost, they would not have come near those. Which means focus on north/northwest side of Thaa: which is most direct for a container express to Somalia as well. Island of Kandufushi? Google satellite map resolution vanishes at that level.

Absolutely no features seen on Kandufushi map. Buruni if quite far to the west/northeast, larger islands to the south/sw. I think they should try flying over Kandufushi, and pay a land visit, checking for any signs of activity or ppl playing in the sand recently.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 19 Mar 2014 00:36, edited 3 times in total.
MurthyB
BRFite
Location: "Visa Officer", Indian Consulate #13,451, Khost Province, Afghanistan

Post by MurthyB »

BTW, what is the compensation paid to the kin of the victims in cases like this? Does it depend on whether it was a mechanical fault or terrorism, hijack etc? Does the Malaysian government have an interest in that sense, in order to minimize the payout?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

MurthyB wrote:BTW, what is the compensation paid to the kin of the victims in cases like this? Does it depend on whether it was a mechanical fault or terrorism, hijack etc? Does the Malaysian government have an interest in that sense, in order to minimize the payout?
This will get exceedingly ugly with lawsuits against the airline and also the government for mishandling the search ops.

The cheeni will have many fish to fry here......
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

On the other hand who shipped those large qtys of Li ion batteries?
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

On MSNBC, Investi"gators' now making specific hint that Plane had enough fuel to reach Terrorist State of Pakistan. Second, Pakistan have been very quiet from the beginning of this crisis. Then, Why would Malaysian had to talk to PAF Chief directly unless to make the forceful "Enquibvery" about Paki hiding the stolen plane.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

chetak wrote:
MurthyB wrote:BTW, what is the compensation paid to the kin of the victims in cases like this? Does it depend on whether it was a mechanical fault or terrorism, hijack etc? Does the Malaysian government have an interest in that sense, in order to minimize the payout?
This will get exceedingly ugly with lawsuits against the airline and also the government for mishandling the search ops.

It's hard to sue governments. You have to get their permission to do so. They have to determine if you have standing on the issue.

In most democracies you can always file but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Jhujar wrote:Malaysian PM seeks Pakistan’s cooperation in tracing missing jet
http://www.dawn.com/news/1093971/malays ... issing-jet
Azeem disclosed that Malaysian aviation authorities also spoke with Pakistan Air Force (PAF) chief Tahir Rafique Butt and sought cooperation in tracing the missing jet. ( Daal Mey Kusch Kaal Hai )The special assistant said Malaysian authorities have contacted some 25 countries for their help and cooperation and Pakistan is among such countries.“India comes before Pakistan, so how it is possible that the plane could have headed towards Pakistan without being tracked by Indian radars,” Azeem questioned and added, “what they are looking for is any minor flying object on our radars at that time.”
Again pee-aref is ahead of the curve. I had speculated long back that Al-Bakistan will search for the jet. 10 years and 50 billion $ later, it will be found living next to Sargodha with Bakis claiming they had no knowledge. The Baki-PM then will declare that it is the failure of the whole world to not find out the jet for so long and Baki newspapers will carry op-ed columns that it is not the Malaysian jet, but another jet made to look like it to defame Al-Bakistan.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Jhujar wrote:On MSNBC, Investi"gators' now making specific hint that Plane had enough fuel to reach Terrorist State of Pakistan. Second, Pakistan have been very quiet from the beginning of this crisis. Then, Why would Malaysian had to talk to PAF Chief directly unless to make the forceful "Enquibvery" about Paki hiding the stolen plane.
How does it reach Al Bakistan without overflying India? I doubt it had enough fuel to fly around India and up the Arabian sea.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

nachiket wrote:
Jhujar wrote:On MSNBC, Investi"gators' now making specific hint that Plane had enough fuel to reach Terrorist State of Pakistan. Second, Pakistan have been very quiet from the beginning of this crisis. Then, Why would Malaysian had to talk to PAF Chief directly unless to make the forceful "Enquibvery" about Paki hiding the stolen plane.
How does it reach Al Bakistan without overflying India? I doubt it had enough fuel to fly around India and up the Arabian sea.
Highly doubtful a huge jet airliner can penetrate India's ADIZ with out it knowing. All traffic MUST respond properly (number and previously filed flight plan, etc.) to pass through the ADIZ. India takes this seriously.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

If reports of Maldivian people spotting the plane are true, then it is possible that the jet refueled and then left for Pakistan bypassing Indian airspace.

But I highly doubt it. I am still with "rogue pilot crashed it in Indian ocean" theory.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

TSJones wrote:
chetak wrote:{quote="MurthyB"}BTW, what is the compensation paid to the kin of the victims in cases like this? Does it depend on whether it was a mechanical fault or terrorism, hijack etc? Does the Malaysian government have an interest in that sense, in order to minimize the payout?{/quote}

It's hard to sue governments. You have to get their permission to do so. They have to determine if you have standing on the issue.

In most democracies you can always file but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
If it was a terrorist act, were not the Libyans FORCED (or coerced) to pay??
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Flying to Pakistan is only one of the explanations of Azeem calling Paki Chief. The other could be one or more of the pax are linked to Taliban/AQ/non-state/ISI/Paki Military "mala" (Necklace or chain of noisome musharrafs).
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Post by Nandu »

-deleted- because Saral posted the same stuff on the last page.
Last edited by Nandu on 19 Mar 2014 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

carried out through a computer system that was most likely programmed by someone in the plane’s cockpit who was knowledgeable about airplane systems, according to senior American officials.

Wonder what they mean. Anyone who has flown Microsoft FS-5 or later, knows how to program a computer to make a plane turn, hain? OK, Senior American Officials in Foggy Bottom may not how to do that, but most 10-year-olds are already expert?
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Nandu wrote:Yes, there are a bunch of problems with the theory, but worth a read.
One of them is why the call to Pakis?