Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Re: Statewide and National runup to 2014 General elections

Post by Prem Kumar »

Mort Walker wrote:^^^Done. $10 USD.

Note: This is cheaper than paying for the additional Indian television channels on satellite service like DISH or DirecTV.
I also made a donation using angel investment option. How do I create a user id? I dont see a Register page
Denis
BRFite

Post by Denis »

Voted! My polling booth is in the toniest part of Gurgaon and it was heartening to see all the beautiful people with their Prada and Gucci standing in line patiently, air kissing each other and waiting for their turn to come up. Just a cursory look at the voter assistance stalls put outside the voting center by all the parties was indicative of the trend. AAP reps were swatting flies, while BJP kiosk had people spilling over. A small trickle at the congress kiosk as well.

Abki Baar Modi Sarkaar
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 6m

Vote to defeat fascist forces & press button to take revenge on 'murderers of Muzaffarnagar': Azam #TotallyPolarised pic.twitter.com/ZDhtsXouVJ
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

Vaidik ji's Hindi is just beautiful. I wish could speak that well.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Hindustan Times ‏@htTweets 1m

#LSpolls | #Delhi will break all voting records, says chief electoral officer Vijay Dev
Of-course by the time voting ends TimesNow will have shifted its position inline with the data or perhaps by then they will have cooked up another reason for high turnout.

How blatantly partisan can TimesNow get? Instead of reporting news they are trying to manufacture news.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

KJoishy wrote:Man, I love Subramanian Swamy. A super intelligent chap, who at times is a bit crazy and a maverick. If channeled right, he can cause major taqleef to non Indic forces.

However, he doesn't seem to be a good fit for a minister job.
Best would be to make him Information Broadcasting Minister with opening polpatti of dienasty. Sonia - priyanka - rahul having italian passports also, sonia's false affidavite on her education proven wrong in supreme court. Thirumala being headed by christian priests, Hindu temples being looted to help ejs and muslims etc.

While Amit Shah and Modi run the PMO and Home Minstry solidly efficiently going after ConPoliticians, SP, 56 crore bunglow turdeep desai, durkha butt's nira radia tapes. Overwhelm the harsh mandars of NAC with cases.

Pointing out how Sadhvi Pragya despite having cancer and even on her father's death not given bail while sanjubaba goes out of jail on drop of a hat.

I hope retd. IB man Shri RSN Singh is made Home Minister of State junior to Amit Shah. This due will root out the poison from the body of Bharatvarsh like Chanakya did once.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

anisham wrote:
fanne wrote:got email from wordpress(which is 5forty3.in) followed by paypal
I also got email from wordpress, which includes my userid and password. However I have no information on how to access the subscription content.
Is there any email address for 5forty3 team? their "contact us" page doesn't work

Angel support allows you to pay as much as you want.

I did my bit and a bit more. Hope MuraliRavi ji is right and we get our own version of gallup poll. All for murali ji and Modi saheb.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Swapan Dasgupta ‏@swapan55 4h

Last ditch attempt by TOI & ET to puncture Modi on poll day in Delhi. The last flickers of an unsuccessful 12-year campaign?
TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 5m

Simultaneous elections to Lok Sabha and 70 Assembly constituencies in Odisha also witness moderate to high voter turnout #India2014
maitas66 ‏@chinmaykrvd 16m

BJP has taken a strong lead in Delhi as per current trends.But we are cautious keeping late surge in Assembly polls in mind #2014elections
nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

Prem Kumar wrote:
I also made a donation using angel investment option. How do I create a user id? I dont see a Register page
Go to subscription page where you will get the option of creating an account. Acc to Patil ji, donators need not pay the subscription fee to access the content.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Subhajit Sengupta ‏@SubhajitSG 2m

Delhi voting % at 1pm: 40% Chandni chowk: 38 East Delhi: 40 New Delhi: 40 North East 42 North West 41 South Delhi 38 West 39
Hindustan Times ‏@htTweets 1m

#LSpolls: voter turnout 37% till 1:15pm in Haryana
MediaCrooks ‏@mediacrooks 2m

Muzaffarnagar Jats emphatically come out in favour of Modi.. Blame SP, Congress for riots.. Any more doubts? .. On @ibnlive
CNN-IBN News ‏@ibnlive 3m

41.56 per cent polling till 1 pm in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar #Elections2014
Last edited by pankajs on 10 Apr 2014 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

http://election.dinamalar.com/detail.php?id=4256

Translation:Amma got reports from intelligence that in a three way contest,the arch scumbag Raja will win as ADMK-BJP votes will be split.So 'got' BJP candidate to 'help' her out .The BJP candidate complied by not attaching requisite forms.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

India Today ‏@IndiaToday 5m

NCR voting percentage till 1 pm: Delhi 40%, Ghaziabad 35%, Gautam Budh Nagar 35% & Gurgaon 33.3%.
TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 5m

Sharpening his attack on Mamata Banerjee, Narendra Modi says, "Unless she criticises Modi, her food does not get digested" #India2014
Hindustan Times ‏@htTweets 2m

#LSpolls | 27.58% voting in Madhya Pradesh till 1:16pm
Last edited by pankajs on 10 Apr 2014 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
Yogesh
BRFite

Post by Yogesh »

40% voting by 1 PM in Delhi & even other places also hovers in range of 35-40% - its going to be high turn out election!!
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 5m

Aurangabad sees 23% voting till noon while it was 34.27% in Gaya(SC), 25% in Nawada and 25% in Jamui(SC) : Election Commission
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Article from 2009

Nilgiris remains an outsider constituency-Voters in the plains outnumber those on the hills
he Nilgiris constituency sprawls across four districts. While three of its Assembly segments Udhagamandalam, Coonoor and Gudalur (SC) are in the hills (Nilgiris district), Bhavanisagar (SC) is in Erode, Mettupalayam is in Coimbatore and Avinashi (SC) is part of the newly formed Tirupur district. After the delimitation, the Nilgiris constituency has lost its essential character: it no longer is a majority hill people constituency. The voters in the plains outnumber those in the hills. Because people straddle different worlds, the voting pattern cannot be expected to be same throughout the constituency.

The Badagas, the largest single group account for roughly 22 per cent of the total votes, the SCs form about 12 per cent and STs around 2.5 per cent. The Sri Lankan Tamils account for about eight per cent. The three constituencies in plains are dominated by Vellalar Gounders and Arundathiyars.

While a longstanding demand of the Badagas is that they should be included in the ST list, other poll issues include opening defunct industries in the region, providing adequate water schemes, creating more employment opportunities and making the hill station a global vacation destination.

The Badaga community, though not a single entity, has largely been with the Congress in the past elections. They are not Tamil, and speak the language out of need and hence, have no great affinity for the Dravidian parties. They are also not too comfortable with the narrow concerns of the other parties that sometimes led to unpleasantness with the neighbouring States, be it over water sharing or ‘job stealing’: the spillover of violence has meant loss of lives and livelihood in The Nilgiris. Some in the community also see the plantation Tamils as people who took away jobs that essentially were theirs. But both communities have come to like the DMK for different reasons. Finally, the Badagas have representation in the State Cabinet: an event to celebrate over which a thousand Badagas landed up in Chennai and thanked the DMK president and Chief Minister M.Karunanidhi. Khadi Minister Ramachandran hails from the community.

Long relationship
Plantation Tamils’ relationship with the DMK is very long. TANTEA was created for them: the Karunanidhi-led government would not have ventured into tea production but for the need to employ the plantation Tamils who were repatriated from Sri Lanka. Again, it was Mr.Karunanidhi who hiked the daily wage to Rs.113.And, tea prices have been looking up. From an abysmal Rs.8 a kg, it has risen to now hover around Rs.15, evidently because of problems in Kenya and elsewhere. The plains present a different picture: Mettupalayam, Avinashi and Bhavanisagar Assembly constituencies are so distinctly different in character that it is difficult to imagine them as part of the same constituency.
It seems to me a scandal that the Nilgiris is a reserved constituencies(SC) when at time of state reorganisation the district had substantial badaga population.
Last edited by svenkat on 10 Apr 2014 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Voting in Jammu is going on at good pace. My family and most acquaintances are voting for BJP. That's for urban and semi-urban Jammu city.

Morons at EC, misspelled my name and put it in a different polling booth.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Yogesh wrote:40% voting by 1 PM in Delhi & even other places also hovers in range of 35-40% - its going to be high turn out election!!
Just returned after voting for Modi in one of the South Delhi polling booths. Long queue. Road around polling booth jam-packed with cars. Took me one hour to vote.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

MediaCrooks ‏@mediacrooks 32s

"We condemn Hindus in India for ganging up and voting for Narendra Modi" -- Amnasty International ..
Don't know if mediacrooks is trying to make a bakra of folks on teetar or if this is true.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

SanjayC wrote:
Just returned after voting for Modi in one of the South Delhi polling booths. Long queue. Road around polling booth jam-packed with cars. Took me one hour to vote.
Which party's booth is busy?. - BJP INC or AAP?. That will give an indicator as to which way wind is blowing.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

pankajs wrote:

"We condemn Hindus in India for ganging up and voting for Narendra Modi" -- Amnasty International ..
Don't know if mediacrooks is trying to make a bakra of folks on teetar or if this is true.
Time to time he does Bakara tweets. Don't fall for it.
Last edited by James B on 10 Apr 2014 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

For those with access into 5forty3, Dr.Patil has some fascinating insights into voting trends by community . Join 5forty3 yourself to check out his latest posts. Well worth the $10 already.
SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

James B wrote:
SanjayC wrote:
Which party's booth is busy?. - BJP INC or AAP?. That will give an indicator as to which way wind is blowing.
BJP very strong in my locality. AAP workers hiding faces.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Voting slow in MP compared to Delhi, etc
Hindustan Times ‏@htTweets 3m

#LSpolls | MP district wise poll% till 1:30pm Rewa: 26.09% Shahdol (ST): 26.04% Balaghat: 28.80 % Sidhi: 26.87% Mandla (ST): 35.20 %
Hindustan Times ‏@htTweets 5m

#LSpolls | MP district wise poll percentage till 1:30pm Hoshangabad: 37.93% Satna: 36.04% Chhindwara: 28.52% Jabalpur: 31.38%
Slowest voting in UP
Niti Central ‏@NitiCentral 1m

LIVE! LS poll phase-III: Over 30% turnout in UP till 1 pm, 34% polling in MP till 1:30 pm #loksabhapolls http://www.niticentral.com/2014/04/10/l ... 09610.html
Last edited by pankajs on 10 Apr 2014 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

What is the situation in Maharashtra this time? Any effect of Modi wave expected?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

If you are following TV channels, AAP has quite a bit of enthusiastic voters in Dilli, mostly sympathetic after thappad kaand. Interesting
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

pankajs wrote: TIMES NOW ‏@timesnow 5m

Sharpening his attack on Mamata Banerjee, Narendra Modi says, "Unless she criticises Modi, her food does not get digested" #India2014
Modi has now understood that going easy on Mamata is not very helpful for her. By attacking her, she will get even more Muslim votes, and at the same time, more Hindu votes would come the BJP way.

Net effect: CPI-M and Congress would lose more votes.
SaraLax
BRFite

Post by SaraLax »

svenkat wrote:http://election.dinamalar.com/detail.php?id=4256

Translation:Amma got reports from intelligence that in a three way contest,the arch scumbag Raja will win as ADMK-BJP votes will be split.So 'got' BJP candidate to 'help' her out .The BJP candidate complied by not attaching requisite forms.
Interesting title for the article : "The LOTUS that got sold to the LEAF (btw 2-Leaves is ADMK's symbol). JJ's check for RAJA." .

This explains why even the back-up BJP's candidate's application form also got rejected at Niligiris while the back-up PMK candidate's application in Chidambaram LS seat got accepted. ADMK seems to have completely removed NDA from the equation in Nilgiris and Pro-BJP voters (if they come out to vote) will have to vote for a party that has nearest affinity to BJP and that would be ADMK. Wonder how the BJP+DMDK+MDMK+PMK cadres in Nilgiris are going to react. I am not hearing any noise from the local party workers. Have they also been bought out by JJ <OR> will they will adopt an independent candidate & campaign for him on behalf of NDA <OR> worse ask their people to instead vote for DMK's A.Raja. A.Raja can still make these other guys (MDMK + DMDK + PMK) to swing NDA votes into his favour.

In TN - Many BJP voters are forced to vote for ADMK in the Assembly elections & LS elections ... with their aim being to not allow the DMK or INC to win the seat. This is not tactical voting per se but the unfortunate situation brought about by a weak or even non-existent cadre base of the BJP in TN (but for some specific regions). Now with MODI standing for PM - many of those BJP supporters who used to vote for ADMK would be thinking more & more of voting for BJP. I guess voting for BJP in many constituencies of TN (again but for a few specific ones) is only going to reduce ADMK's vote share and end up helping DMK.

Even in most parts of Chennai - while the BJP cadre base is existent it is very low in numbers ... because conscientious Hindus who like BJP, tend to go about looking at their own life issues rather than jump into building the cadre base for the party. These people often end up voting for ADMK. I have been analysing & keeping abreast of situation and on election day i need to travel to my home place. Currently - I am thinking of voting for ADMK because the BJP's campaign in South Chennai is almost invisible as per my Friends & relatives while the ADMK is campaigning aggressively and out-of-power DMK's campaign - while visible is less exuberant than ADMK.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Sad and Angry , remembering the fraud of a lifetime Congis pulled on Sone ki Chidiya.
rohitv
BRFite

Post by rohitv »

pankajs wrote:

Bakra :D
member_21074
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_21074 »

Suraj wrote:For those with access into 5forty3, Dr.Patil has some fascinating insights into voting trends by community . Join 5forty3 yourself to check out his latest posts. Well worth the $10 already.
How are you able to access their "subscription-only" content?
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

anisham wrote:
Suraj wrote:For those with access into 5forty3, Dr.Patil has some fascinating insights into voting trends by community . Join 5forty3 yourself to check out his latest posts. Well worth the $10 already.
How are you able to access their "subscription-only" content?
Same question. I made an account and then paid, but I don't see any new content.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

congi octupus finally sighted rampaging across the land .. shiver shiver at the power and majesty that is cthulhu
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... thulhu.jpg

in response to prayers of the people...emanates the only being in the universe capable of destroying cthulhu
http://www.totalbhakti.com/wallpaper/im ... r-4716.jpg
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

TMC cadres beating EC officials in Malda Bengal right now
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

EC should ban TMC..........They are using commie playbook
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

kittoo wrote:
anisham wrote:How are you able to access their "subscription-only" content?
Same question. I made an account and then paid, but I don't see any new content.
I don't know what the problem is. It worked flawlessly for me, as an international subscriber. I cannot speak for domestic folks. Steps:

Go to 'Subscriptions'
Pick your choice. Mine was international $10 .
It asks you to create a username, email, password, password confirmation
DON'T complete the above until you have set up a paypal account . I already had one. I logged into it from another tab and confirmed my CC information.
Once you've confirmed payment on paypal, click ok to register your information. It will take you to the page where you get to accept $10 payment through paypal. By that time you'll get an email saying your username/password has been registered.
Make the payment. Once you see payment confirmation, your account is active. In my case, it was active as soon as I clicked 'pay' and then tried to access content.
Yogesh
BRFite

Post by Yogesh »

any domestic users gets the new contents?, please let us know ..I am waiting too for the contents to load but nothing comes up on masked contents even after releasing the money :|
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Look for an article titled "11am analysis with Dr Pravin Patil". That's the new content...
morem
BRFite

Post by morem »

Arjun wrote:Look for an article titled "11am analysis with Dr Pravin Patil". That's the new content...
I paid , got credentials from wordpress in my gmail account , logged in with those credentials and still can't access the content.
It says something like this is paid content and re-directs to subscription page.
I am a India based user
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

NitiCentral Niti Central 3m
#Storify: #India goes to vote for #Elections2014 - Read Who said what http://www.niticentral.com/2014/04/10/i ... 09722.html … pic.twitter.com/N8hbC63YDa

nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

morem wrote:
Arjun wrote:Look for an article titled "11am analysis with Dr Pravin Patil". That's the new content...
I paid , got credentials from wordpress in my gmail account , logged in with those credentials and still can't access the content.
It says something like this is paid content and re-directs to subscription page.
I am a India based user
Takes 4 hrs for new subscriptions to take effect from whenever you release the payment.
Last edited by nawabs on 10 Apr 2014 14:26, edited 1 time in total.