A.Q. Khan The Movie

Rudradev
BRF Oldie

A.Q. Khan The Movie

Post by Rudradev »

Ok, I've revised this per the feedback provided by forum gurus who saw the premiere, to the extent practicable.

Time to go public!

Fellow forumites,

I'd like to invite you to watch my animated cartoon:

Dr. Estrangelove: The Fascinating Story of A.Q. "Photochor" Khan

The above is a streaming link. It should open right up in your browser. Sorry, it's quite a large file (~5 MB) and may take a while to download fully before starting.

The cartoon is also available for download here

I intend this movie to be distributed as freely and widely as possible, so if you like it, please post this link wherever else you post, and email it to all your friends!

Also, I would like to thank you all very much for the inspiration that your tireless BRF posts have provided to the content of this movie.

Enjoy,
Rudradev
Last edited by Rudradev on 17 Dec 2005 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

Rudradev,

When I click on Free download button, it takes me to http://rapidshare.de/

Maybe the number of downloads was exceeded?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Rye,

You need to scroll down that page (the one which you come to after clicking "Free Download").... and you'll see a place where it says "Download Ticket Reserved" and is counting down from 30 seconds. When it reaches 0 seconds it gives you a box to input a security code. Input the code and you're on your way.

It's supposed to support an unlimited number of free downloads so that shouldn't be a problem.
Sidd
BRFite

Post by Sidd »

:lol: Absolutely wonderful!!! :lol:
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

OMG HAHAHAHAHA. I watched it!

My votes for pOscar pnomination. Rudra, amazing job man. Amazing.

Pukis eating grass - hahahha I stumbled across the chair and still laughing. I think I'll do good on my last exam. Thanks for the laugh. :lol: :lol:
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Awesome.

Two quibbles though-

It shows a bearded Paki with (grass eating scene) a Quran.
Might wanna change that- you dont want to overstress on that- why not make it 101 ways to kill dirty Hindus, jews etc

Second, the voice over (superb btw) says- as a Good Muslim Photochor gave bombs to Al Qaeda.

Please make it as a good Pakistani.

The reason I stress on the above is because you dont want people to look at as typecasting/ attacking Muslims, rather than taking the Mickey out of the Pakis.
Ananth
BRFite

Post by Ananth »

RD,

Good one.

For a more faster download/hosting site you can try Filefront.com. Or ask Tilak about it. It will allow us to download the swf itself rather than playing on the browser. This needs to be spread as far and wide as possible.
Last edited by Ananth on 17 Dec 2005 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
Ramanujan

Post by Ramanujan »

:lol:
Rudradev, great stuff!
Why did you leave Mush largely unscathed? ...ample opportunity roast him.

Make the next one on Kargil...part II (although it sounds like a lot of work).
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

Hilarious !!

And very educational ...

:lol:
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

Rudradev, Thanks! Congratulations. That was a total blast :rotfl:

This is very inspirational! what was the software you used fo creating the animation?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

JCage,

But there isn't any question of attacking Muslims or Islam.

The whole thing is narrated in the style of a jingoistic, flag-waving PTV documentary to glorify A.Q. Khan (it even credits PEE TV in the title). The irony comes out when one looks at the images while listening to the commentary.

In the grass-eating scene: the same family appears eating grass in 1976, and later in 1987. You can see that while the man and the woman from '76 have grown old and poor, the young boy in '76 has become a gun-toting Jihadi 11 years later. This is what the TSPA regime has inflicted on its people.

The fact that the Jihadi in 1987 is holding a Quran, is in no way a jibe at Muslims. It's a parody of the facts. Rather than being offended with me, viewers should be offended by the Pakistani regime that has driven its people to religious fundamentalism via desperate poverty and deprivation, twisting Islam and the Quran into a justification for terrorist violence. That is what is being depicted here.

Likewise, since this is being narrated from a Pakistani point of view, they would obviously see Photochor as being a good Muslim in providing nuclear tech to Al Qaeda. Because Al Qaeda and the powers that be in Pakistan share exactly the same idea of what makes a "good Muslim".

So if any Muslim is offended by what they see here, I suggest they ask themselves the really important question... who is the offender? Is it Pakistan, which claims to stand for Islam but is really about supremacism, exploitation and tyranny? Or is it me, for bringing these things to light?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Thanks you guys, I'm glad you liked it!

Ramanujan, yeah, this is the first one in a series I hope to make... as and when (and if) I find the time.

Rye, the animation was done in Macromedia Flash.

Everyone, if you like it, please pass the link on via email! There are lots and lots of Indian kids out there caught up in DDM/WCK propaganda who need to know the truth!
Last edited by Rudradev on 17 Dec 2005 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

Rye,

When the movie is shown to a non jingo, trust me, they wont get the subtletly or intended sarcasm.

And that should be the intended audience which will get the overall gist, unless we want it to remain an insider joke to piss off TSPians at deafndumb fora and the like.

The movie deserves to be shown at many more places imho.
putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Cool stuff!! Can someone host the swf file on their site, so others could just point to it and it runs on the page? Otherwise, one has to go through the rapidshare download page to download and play it. People could just put the link on their blog site if the swf file is hosted on some site.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Here is the link to filefront.
link
You may need to save the file, and open it in IExploiter.
Hari V
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Hari V »

OMFG that was hilarious. First I thought it might be some serious stuff, but :rotfl: :rotfl:. Keep up the good work.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

The Chinese take-out bit was quite funny: "We proliferate while you wait"

Also, I don't know if this is deliberate or not, but the accent in the voice-over is quite authentic pakjabi.

Nice.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Totally deliberate! This is a Pee TV documentary after all!

Thanks.
Atish
BRFite

Post by Atish »

Alhamdulillah.

Atish.
jrjrao
BRFite

Post by jrjrao »

Folks, it is not just the animation. Rudradev's commentary is also just zimbly fantastic.

This is excellent and required reading material, me thinks, for all the tuition paying Paklurks here, which, IMO, comprises 400% of all the existing PakRAPES, starting from Musharraf (who has the BRF hotkeyed keyboard under his pillow next to the Earth-e-Shaster right by the plump goat which in turn is just nicely chewing that Kargil report by Tim at the Naval PG School in Monterrey), RapeSethi (keyboard next to his hooka, right beside them 100 kandles which are all burning the "Kuldeep" brand of wax), and Shrilleen (who is earnestly devouring them 100 boxes of honest to goodness jalebi, certified 400% fresh, and laced with 800% proof of the choicest desi brandy).

And now, expect the Pakis at the usual places to race for an equal-equal copy-copy cat-cat job.

But they will not come close to R's debrief of the PhotoChor here. That is my 400% musharraffian guarantee..... :)
Leonard
BRFite

Post by Leonard »

Great job Janab --- :twisted: :twisted:
Anoop
BRFite

Post by Anoop »

Rudradev,

Terrific job!
Kumar
BRFite

Post by Kumar »

ha! ha! ha!

Chinese take-out was fabulous!
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

Good show!!! Was a blast - hope to see more :mrgreen:

IMHO - critical comments:

#1. Try to cut a PG-13 version of the same. It will be received more widely. References to the sister, etc. make it unprofessional. Stick to the deeds of the gandu that is available for all to judge.

#2. While the audio and presentation has BRFisms all over it, it would have been more powerful to render the same audio in a deadpan tone and style. Almost a beeb documentary tone - or earnest NPR reporter like.

Keep up the good work! Perhaps we can see NSN reporting evolve to this media as well - and we are able to see more debriefing, rather than just reading about it ;-)
Last edited by Pulikeshi on 17 Dec 2005 12:32, edited 2 times in total.
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

You want Pork Fried Rice ??? :D
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

Rudra, one simple request. If you could convert from .fla to .avi or .mpeg, then Google Videos might be a good medium to make it more popular. No more downloading jhanjhat. I guess you've used Macromedia, so the video converting option is there. Othewise, I'll make a DVD/SVCD/MPEG/AVI out of it. I've this software that converts .swf to DVD etc. It F* rocks.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

I could get this .swf to stream (rather than have to download) if only I could find a hosting service that'll let me put up more than 5 megs of data per file.

I'm actually trying to find a hosting site that'll just let me upload the .swf file and a published html page that embeds it *into one single folder*. Then there will be no jhanjhat at all... simply click the link to the html page, and the .swf movie streams right to your browser.

Unfortunately all the free hosting sites have a file size limit that is too small for my .swf file...

Any suggestions?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Eureka!!

I found such a site!

Here's another link... no download, no jhanjhat... just click and view in your browser.

Photochor
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Ujjal wrote:Rudra, one simple request. If you could convert from .fla to .avi or .mpeg, then Google Videos might be a good medium to make it more popular. No more downloading jhanjhat. I guess you've used Macromedia, so the video converting option is there. Othewise, I'll make a DVD/SVCD/MPEG/AVI out of it. I've this software that converts .swf to DVD etc. It F* rocks.
I wanted to do that - but all I have managed to do is see it streaming without being able to download it. But I haven't tried on a Windows machine yet.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

awsome work Rudra ji.......Chinese take away voice was superb....Authentic Pee tv auddio veddio....we can make bunch of videos with the script's we have at the R-O-R Asli News thread.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

Hats of for rudhra. You are toooo good.
but How do I save this on to my computer. Would love to send the video arround.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

if you have seen the movie once, then it is in your cache. Just search for *.swf in your C:\Documents and Settings folder and look for an SWF file wiht a long number 30011something.swf
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Most excellent. Don't change a thing. Its perfect as it is.

Great job! And I'm waiting for the sequel.
Mekala
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mekala »

Perfect to the wee bit of details. Excellent screen play. Nothing can be added and nothing can be deleted. Absolutely professional. Hats off Rudradev.

Srini-M
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Terrific stuff Rudradev! Worth all the time spent on BR!
I'd hate to see changes on it but you may still want to consider JCage's suggestion about keeping in mind the intended audience.
Meanwhile I shall be posting this on every forum I ever visited! :twisted:
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Awesome! :twisted:

Only thing I would suggest is that you clarify to non-hindi-urdu viewers, at least couple of time, in the documentary and on the title that PhotoChor means PhotocopyThief
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

ROTFLMAO!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

A Masterpiece!!!

More please!!!!!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Rudradev What a amazing and fantastic movie.
Especially his marklist and the chinese connection.
Should be nominated for BR's in house golden globe award.
BTW whose voice was that in background.Was it yours ?
I felt like good Ol days of watching Pee Tee bee again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

I have one question.
Have gone through so many posts in the nuclear thread and have been overhvelmed by the info.

1 Does Pakistan have Plutionium manufacturing facilities (and was the plotonium in the bomb, from thease factories).

3 Is there a possibility that Pakistan tested a Chinease bomb, in addition to its own?

3 Can it actually be likely that Pakistan does not have the bomb?
aditya
BRFite

Post by aditya »

Hi folks, I'm back after a while. This is awesome work.

Now, on the suggestions to tone down the movie and make it more politically correct, IMHO please let us not ruin a good piece of work in this manner.

The reason I say so is not because I necessarily have an opposing view to those giving the suggestions, but simply because creativity is not a collective effort. What often happens with a thousand well-meaning suggestions is that the actual work ends up losing its punch.

Note that this is exactly what happened to the BR acronyms thread.

Now I'm sure rudradev would appreciate suggestions of a technical nature. However IMO we should leave it at that and not attempt to suggest changes to the actual content, however small. For example, I feel subtitles would be a good idea so that the movie can be shared with our Western friends.

As for suggestions on the tone and content, if anyone feels a particular aspect is being overstressed, understressed or missing, they are free create their own movie and share it with us.