A.Q. Khan The Movie

Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

I agree with aditya :idea:
Calvin
BRFite

Post by Calvin »

Rishirishi: It appears you haven't gone through the nuclear archive. Check out the drop down menu on the bottom right. You may be pleasantly surprised!
marimuthu
BRFite

Post by marimuthu »

Excellent movie. :D
Hats off to the director.
AJay
BRFite

Namastubhyam

Post by AJay »

Most excellent. Bravo, RD.
Last edited by AJay on 18 Dec 2005 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

more! more!

Post by Sanjay M »

Rudra, I don't know what you do for a living, but you need to quit your dayjob and do stuff like this fulltime! With your talent, you could be minting money!

Truly, your wit was so cutting that I almost had tears coming while I was laughing so hard. The humour was good, the animation was good, the soundwork was good! It was mahhvellussss!!

Hey man, don't stop! As a fan, I implore you to extend commentary to the numerous other geo-political issues plaguing the subcontinent! More, more!!
Manne
BRFite

Post by Manne »

Rudradev,

Boss! Namastubhyam.
Ujjal
BRFite

Post by Ujjal »

:D I'm still laughing.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

I laughed most when AQ khan said "I am sorry" that was great....especially the tone was awesome!!!

:rotfl:
RajKrishnan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RajKrishnan »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS A WORK OF GENIUS, AND VERY PROFESSIONAL!!!!
Give me more, I can't wait ;)
And yes, it most definitely needs to be publicized!
bhoopendra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bhoopendra »

Let me join other in applauding this...real good one....i nearly died laughing...

after nearly a day i m still laughing.... :D
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

thats a masterstroke, Rudradev! Hope to see more works from you.

So entertaining, yet so educational.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

good job Rudradev.

you can now scare odd todd away with you presentation style.

good job again.
vinodv
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vinodv »

You want the Pork Fried Rice or the plain white rice.. great touch!!
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Rudradev, excellent job. Extremely well done.

We need to make as many people see this as possible.
RajeshG
BRFite

Post by RajeshG »

RD great work boss.

I tried showing it to a few friends however and somehow the response was nowhere near mine. Maybe too many BRFisms ? In any case I ended up giving a guided tour.. :twisted:
Sudhir
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Sudhir »

One word... Brilliant!!!

I loved it, its factual and a fun way to present the facts on a serious topic.

Some suggestions:

1) Make it a bit longer with some more facts (how the Pakistanis used US supplied C-130s to transport the goods to NK and get missiles in return)... maybe a picture of some dude in the NSA tracking the C-130 flight and making an offhanded remark

2) Remember the actual brochures that Khan used to advertise the Paki nuclear weapons mart - that image of the brochure should be included. If I recall the same brochure was published in the New York Times, etc and might be linked in one of the BR archives

3) Make a follow-up movie on the "Terror Timeline" exposing the Paki support for all terrorism incidents in the world and the related incidents - remember start from 1947 when Pakistan was created. (the Paki army invasion into J&K as a proto terrorist movement, Gilit massacre by Mussuraf, the genocide of 3 million by Paki in 1971 war, the Punjab terrorism support and downing of Air India Kanishka flight the worst air disaster in history, the J&K terrorism, the Taliban creation, the links to Al Qiieda and the leadership, the LET, parliament bombing, the expulsion of H&D globally.... you get the picture.

Great job!!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I don't think this artful news documentary can be made any better. Leave it as it is.
Sridhar
BRFite

Post by Sridhar »

Congratulations on an excellent piece of work.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Thank you all very much for the compliments.

I really appreciate the various suggestions that many people have come up with, in terms of content as well as technical issues. Unfortunately, it would require going back many steps in the process to try and incorporate them into this movie. I'm afraid that would take more time than I have available.

However, I will definitely keep all your feedback in mind while making the next one.

Meanwhile, here again is the link in plain text: if you liked the movie, please post it on blogs and forums, send it out in emails! The world needs to know!

http://media.putfile.com/photochor
Sanjay M
BRF Oldie

T-shirts, mousepads, coffee mugs -- oh my!

Post by Sanjay M »

Seriously man, all compliments aside, you ought to make more of these. Become an animated political cartoonist, and make money off it.

Remember this old favorite?

http://www.gotlaughs.com/funpages/talibancan.cfm

You can sell this kind of stuff for money to various Indian websites, and even insert ads into them.

We all know Indian politics provides more than enough fodder for political commentary, and you could make a killing in this field by leading from the front. aka. first-mover advantage
Future topic suggestions: Volcker Report, Lalu Prasad Yadav, Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi

I'm a huge animation fan, and feel that animated political commentary, particularly through internet mass-medium is a newer and uncrowded space. I've read that animation and illustration are the most effective means to communicate any content, due to their uncluttered and distilled images compared to live-action. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then an animation is worth a million.

Haha, you should sell Photochor T-shirts, mousepads and coffee mugs, too! Make him the household name he's always wanted to be! ;D
Long live viral marketing!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the chinese takeout and the delivery man were outstanding. the strip club
where he met his wife hilarious.

excellent material - pls spread it around via usual channels.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I just gots to congratulate you. Understated sarcasm and wit better than the best Monty Python.
A must-see for every Paki but you might need Panjabi subtitles, explanations in bracktes and a laugh track for them.

Please do one on Uncle's sponsporship of Jihadi Pakistan to make the world safe for democracy.
Hercules
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Hercules »

Hi Rudradev,

I am unable to download the movie. I get the following message-
Putfile Unavailable In Your Region

Due to persistent abuse we regret we are not providing service to your region at this time.
Please upload on rapidshare. Thanx
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Hi Hercules, it's still on Rapidshare...

http://rapidshare.de/files/9304350/Photochor.swf.html
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Watching it over again, you see very definite subtle effects.

1. The 1987 announcement by Jerox about nuking India in minutes. Jerox looks at his Rolex on his right hand. Many Pakis incorporate backward thinking at whatever is done in India. Often, watches in Pakiland are worn on the opposite hand from the dirty Kafir Indians.

2. Jerox's left-eye twitching after the dud test. A foreboding indicator that something bad is going to happen.

I love it all and hope to pick more of these small subtle effects.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

In real life his hand was twitching while giving the interview to CNN after the Chagai tests.
Kumar
BRFite

Post by Kumar »

Add to that the true blue features of Jinnah and Bhutto as the leaders of Porkistan. I wonder, why was mushy spared the po(r)king?
abhishek
BRFite -Trainee

Post by abhishek »

:rotfl: awesome......better then Jibjab stuff
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Rudradev wrote:Eureka!!

I found such a site!

Here's another link... no download, no jhanjhat... just click and view in your browser.

Photochor
Could you implement this in our openign post please.

Photochor zindabad.
sandesh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sandesh »

Guys,
Could anyone of you please e-mail me the file? I just can't d/l the file on my slow dialup conn.
ghostrider883atrediffmaildotcom

thanks