Telugu States' News and Discussion

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Re: Telugu States' News and Discussion

Post by Muppalla »

saip wrote:Does the airport share operations with Naval airbase?
I don't know about it. The operations started but the airport is yet be cleaned of debris. They are restoring what is immediately needed. The highways are cleared of debris, a lot of BSNL landlines are back. I spoke to my FIL on landline as all cell phones are useless due to lack of chargeability in homes where there are no generators. He has invertor which is useless after two days.

As transport and phones started, essentials will start reaching. Power also will come back in another couple of days. The main problem is restoration of water.

Problem might shift to Vijayanagaram and Srikakulam as rivers are in spate.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

Yes, it does. The air traffic control is managed by Navy although the building belongs to AAI. Even Navy undergone severe damage.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

The schools, colleges and Andhra university declared holidays for 15 days. It gives an idea how severe the damage is. It will take at least 2 weeks to restore electricity and water for the entire city. The railway station is still shut down as I was told that other than the platform and main building, everything else was torn apart.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

X_post...
prasannasimha wrote:Where should I post this twitter post from Tarmakoo7 regarding shots of damage caused by Hudhud

http://t.co/JKExNijgbD
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Please use this for donations to HudHud

http://www.sewausa.org/hudhud-cyclone-disaster

Sewa orgs are always reliable and less overhead.
SandeepA
BRFite

Post by SandeepA »

Its been 2 days and already the English media has become silent on Hudhud's aftermath. Compare this with the overkill on Kashmir floods and the bleeding heart relief fund collection.
Disgusting!!
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Sandeep garu, Please tweet that.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

National water highway-4 approved by Center. Works to start in Feb 2015 with Rs 1515 cr

https://twitter.com/apdevforum/status/5 ... 64/photo/1
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Muppalla wrote:Sandeep garu, Please tweet that.
No one cares for AP anymore sir. We are cut out forever I think. Left to be looted soon by EJ and Jagan. Even BJP which promised so many things is now quite. No Tex holidays as promised. No new universities. Nothing. BJP ministers like VN, NS and even TDPs AGR are all sleeping at Delhi. They are as bad as UPA ministers during division. Division rendered AP limited to South and fend for itself. NM promised he will not abandon AP but he is now more interested about J&K than AP.

Only traitors are respected and pampered in India. Unfortunately for AP we are not traitors.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

Yagnasri wrote:
Muppalla wrote:Sandeep garu, Please tweet that.
No one cares for AP anymore sir. We are cut out forever I think. Left to be looted soon by EJ and Jagan. Even BJP which promised so many things is now quite. No Tex holidays as promised. No new universities. Nothing. BJP ministers like VN, NS and even TDPs AGR are all sleeping at Delhi. They are as bad as UPA ministers during division. Division rendered AP limited to South and fend for itself. NM promised he will not abandon AP but he is now more interested about J&K than AP.

Only traitors are respected and pampered in India. Unfortunately for AP we are not traitors.
I think Andhras need to understand that there is no genuine empathy for the plight of Telugu people or unfair division of AP up north. Perhaps the roots lay in traditional North-south differences. But people up north also need to understand that Nationalism cannot be a manufactured sentiment afterall.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Meanwhile, KCR is allegedly an avatar of MV Himself apparently...

Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Stop the whining friends. AP is making strides without all that center's help. Center will help where needed. Imagine the begging bowls and SOSes from JK CM and UKD CM for just floods. Compare that with how AP handled a mammoth cyclone. Removing politics out, that is how disaster relief and handling structures are built. Be proud and AP will rock. All these deficits etc are all hawa hawa. It is all about investments. Follow the investment track. Asian Paints is opening 2 units in AP instead of one in AP and one in Karnataka. Enjoy the industrialization, tourism juggernaut moving. Also, see how AP has cornered the central schemes of NH4 water ways, Vizag-Chennai corridor and also Chennai-Bangalore private industrial corridor. The actual folks are ground are gung-ho and high spirited and took the challenge.

It is insulting to compare to fecking JK CM & admin and his damn allah-ke-naam-pe de de stuff.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Here is the blue print for AP capital. Sorry I only got Telugu version. When I get Inglish version, I will post it.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

Mad-dogs of T-state barking all over again. Inspired by a rabble rousing hate mongerer as their chief, they are spewing venom. Sample comments in media, they are continuing the same uncouth, barbaric language - same old threats of ethnic cleansing, threat of kicking out all Andhras from Hyderabad - are actually picking up even after partition.

Meanwhile, ROI continues their same TG==AP lahori logic, instead of taking steps to chastize the offending party.

A defocussed Modi and Babu are casually dismissing this one-sided hate, but Andhra people are vexed and tired. They too will casually dismiss Modi and Babu in the next elections, if this trend continues.

If Jagan hits the right notes to assuage Andhra self respect, a demoralized Andhra populace will vote for him. Sad, but true.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

^^ I don't know what your problem is! Not sure you are a novice or being too idiotic. If Jagan threat is your idea of self respect, you belong to second category. YSR/Jagan funded,started this whole KCR and his idiotic journey.

The morons of KCR family have to be ignored. I know enough of idiotic/dumb folks in TG are fond of KCR's antics. That is the power of demagoguery. That's why Raj Thackrey got support now ended up with nothing now. Muppallaji did warn us all here that this crook KCR and his plan long ago. I am sure TG people are little smarter than Pakis. Pakis have ignored their own country and became obsessed with India. No wonder they are now the sh1t pot of the world.

Naidu and Modi are just ignoring KCR and laying foundation for better AP. Solar plants,infrastructure,new businesses. Things are going right way for AP. It will take 3-4 years to get a momentum. Then it won't stop

There is a saying "Living comfortably is the best form of revenge"
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

vivek.rao wrote:^^ I don't know what your problem is! Not sure you are a novice or being too idiotic. If Jagan threat is your idea of self respect, you belong to second category. YSR/Jagan funded,started this whole KCR and his idiotic journey.

The morons of KCR family have to be ignored. I know enough of idiotic/dumb folks in TG are fond of KCR's antics. That is the power of demagoguery. That's why Raj Thackrey got support now ended up with nothing now. Muppallaji did warn us all here that this crook KCR and his plan long ago. I am sure TG people are little smarter than Pakis. Pakis have ignored their own country and became obsessed with India. No wonder they are now the sh1t pot of the world.

Naidu and Modi are just ignoring KCR and laying foundation for better AP. Solar plants,infrastructure,new businesses. Things are going right way for AP. It will take 3-4 years to get a momentum. Then it won't stop

Dont shoot the messenger - I am just echoing popular sentiment in Andhra countryside. Perhaps it would suit your ilk to pay attention to subtle changes in political landscape and popular sentiment, rather than be consumed by your own opinions.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

In news that BJP is taking Andhra seriously, Kanna Lakshminarayana joins BJP in presence of Amit Shah. He is a big Kapu leader from Guntur, so he should be able to help the BJP. Assuming he hasn't lost his goodwill by being a Congressi during state split.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... 541863.ece

AP Gurus - how much does this character count for now?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Almost nothing. Entire mafia " leadership " in AP is waste stuff.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Just like rats leaving a sinking ship. when these worthies were in Congress they did not do a didly and now they wont do a thing either.

There was this G Aruna Kumari and she left the congress ship and joined TDP. She was a minister and longtime MLA from Congress. That did not help her as she lost to a YSR person. But she managed to get TDP ticket for her son from Guntur who is an MP now. The sooner we get rid of these dynasties and old mafiosi the better. But they hang on.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

saip wrote:Just like rats leaving a sinking ship. when these worthies were in Congress they did not do a didly and now they wont do a thing either.

There was this G Aruna Kumari and she left the congress ship and joined TDP. She was a minister and longtime MLA from Congress. That did not help her as she lost to a YSR person. But she managed to get TDP ticket for her son from Guntur who is an MP now. The sooner we get rid of these dynasties and old mafiosi the better. But they hang on.
Galla Jaidev? What is so bad about him saar? I thought he was a decent MP, no?
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

mchilian wrote:
vivek.rao wrote:^^ I don't know what your problem is! Not sure you are a novice or being too idiotic. If Jagan threat is your idea of self respect, you belong to second category. YSR/Jagan funded,started this whole KCR and his idiotic journey.

Dont shoot the messenger - I am just echoing popular sentiment in Andhra countryside. Perhaps it would suit your ilk to pay attention to subtle changes in political landscape and popular sentiment, rather than be consumed by your own opinions.
I agree. When Naidu is ignoring KCR, let us not tout that it is something poistive for AP or he is doing this because of his utmost focus on developing AP. To put it bluntly, AP is caught between the tactics of KCR where more andhra bashing means more support for TRS and the long term ambitions of TDP in T where any semblance of attacking KCR or antagonizing Telangana means loss of support for TDP. The moment TDp gives up their hopes in T and walks away, KCR will shut his mouth. Whether TDP surivives in T or not is least important to the people of AP. They care more about fair allocation of resources when AP is still getting the short end of the bargain, thanks to TDP's lame approach towards Telangana.

Having said that I can't complain of CBN's govt or policies in AP. He is doing great job. I'm especially impressed by his handling of Hudhud disaster. It was tremendous setback for AP and will take months or years to recover from the loss. But he did his best to bring the city to normalcy as much as possible. That is what leadership really means.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

nageshks wrote:
saip wrote:Just like rats leaving a sinking ship. when these worthies were in Congress they did not do a didly and now they wont do a thing either.

Galla Jaidev? What is so bad about him saar? I thought he was a decent MP, no?
Nothing against him, per se. But my rant is against people jumping ship and talking as if they are doing people a favor. Jaidev is new and is RTI guy and so may be he is OK. We have to wait and see.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

saip wrote:Does the airport share operations with Naval airbase?
Runway owned by the Navy which also provides the ATC and safety services.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

It is not that simple. Caste is a factor in AP and that is not going to become like WB or Assam even in a century. CBN win is a miracle of multitude of factors. It is great management of castes and local maharathis along with victimhood play due to bifurcation. This ain't going away even we wish.

These jumping jacks gives a perception that BJP will take the space of erstwhile congress. The Reddys, kapus are together the next bastions of AP castes. The relationship of Kapus with TDP is always an uneasy one. BJP is nurturing slowly without fuss taking folks to get that perception grow.

After all that setup completes they will arrest Jagan and his ilk. Pawan Kalyan could merge into BJP and strong INC money honchos can get into it. Also include the factor of breakdown of central INC if that can happen.

To get to 20% from 4% is enough for BJP to be a challenger to TDP. It is good for the state even if BJP is runner up to TDP.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Farmers add to Chandrababu Naidu’s woes, refuse to give land for new capital
In a meeting of farmers, of Penumaka and Undavalli, held at Undavalli on Tuesday night, the farmers stated that they were unwilling to give their lands for the new capital.
Farmer N. Ramu and others alleged that the government was trying to snatch the lands of small and marginal farmers belonging to weaker sections.
They demanded the government to first acquire lands of wealthy Kamma farmers and also to use barren lands for the new capital.
In another meeting of farmers at Tulluru, the farmers demanded a 50-50 ratio of land pooling and put forth several other conditions to give their lands for the proposed new capital.
He said that farmers were seeking a 50-50 ratio of land pooling, employment to a member of the famer’s family, fair compensation and swift development of the farmers’ share of land.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Mekapati Rajamohan Reddy praises Modi.

https://twitter.com/studiononline/statu ... 1033062400

Oh dear! Another round of jumping jacks. I suspect he is getting ready to jump to BJP. Well - put them on frontline to lead charges, as Romans did to mercenaries. Useful to kill YSRCP, then die.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Somehow this "big capital" thing is going out of hand. AP immediately does not need this much attention to new capital. Some buildings can be built for administrative purpose near Vijayawada and city will develop on its own. Planned city like Chandigarh is not possible in a agricultural and congested lands. CBN may need to get out this City building dream of his and allow the city to develop on its own by just putting great infrastructure in place and in 10 years without any interference the market forces will make a great capital of AP. But of course he may not listen to anyone on this matter.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

Yagnasri wrote:Somehow this "big capital" thing is going out of hand. AP immediately does not need this much attention to new capital. Some buildings can be built for administrative purpose near Vijayawada and city will develop on its own. Planned city like Chandigarh is not possible in a agricultural and congested lands. CBN may need to get out this City building dream of his and allow the city to develop on its own by just putting great infrastructure in place and in 10 years without any interference the market forces will make a great capital of AP. But of course he may not listen to anyone on this matter.
100% right. Not sure if Naidu will listen at this statge. He is going for prestige. He wants to build bigger/better city than Hyderabad. The better thing would be to focus on building 5 centers of excellence all over AP:

1. Education
2. Manufacturing/Skills
3. Power/infra
4. IT
5. Tourism
wasu
BRFite

Post by wasu »

Guys, the article in eenadu has a more comprehensive account of the mtg with farmers. Yes, farmers would ask for more than what the govt would propose and there would be some negotiation, but the mtg with farmers was not bad is it being portrayed in these articles above.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

wasu wrote:Guys, the article in eenadu has a more comprehensive account of the mtg with farmers. Yes, farmers would ask for more than what the govt would propose and there would be some negotiation, but the mtg with farmers was not bad is it being portrayed in these articles above.
+100

My bets will be with no issues it will work. It will be a private+public ventures all over and will create a lots of jobs and development. This is not a revenue eating costs only project. See the outer ring road in the picture there. Most of the talk is about vicinity of Vijayawada-Mangalagiri but folks are not focusing on the western semi circle and it is going through a lots of arid lands of Guntur district. It will change the backwardness of centuries of that region. It is also all along Nalgonda dt of TG. All this TG-elite anti-Andhra stuff is temporary and all the states of India have to work and progress. A very good thing for TG border districts too.

One good TG government and a good access to Vijayawada and a good access to Hyd from Nalgonda, Khammam etc will help immensely to both states.

A similar city of Vizag, Tirupati will have all with win-win situation. A very good distribution is planned and is being executed.

Also see the revenue tracker that came in newspapers. 13% increase in revenues in the last three months.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Big Plan Behind Kanna Laxminarayana joining BJP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56-facsG ... e=youtu.be
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Rony wrote:Big Plan Behind Kanna Laxminarayana joining BJP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56-facsG ... e=youtu.be
BJP strengthening in AP means, taming rabid EJs wolf packs and possibly reconversion to Dharmic fold. First, they need to come up with a master plan to free up Hindu temples from govt clutches and use that wealth for furthering Hindu causes.
vivek.rao
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek.rao »

My nephew and I met separately 100 preachers in US. They all know Rajamundry,Godavari.
Oh Boy! Man! People in AP are totally oblivious of EJs. They don't even think for a second.
member_28533
BRFite

Post by member_28533 »

vivek.rao wrote:My nephew and I met separately 100 preachers in US. They all know Rajamundry,Godavari.
Oh Boy! Man! People in AP are totally oblivious of EJs. They don't even think for a second.
Spoke to some activists from Ramakrishna Mission in the Godavari districts in late 2013, RKM has a notable presence doing charity work in several big towns of AP. They were an epitome of "living in denial". They still insist barely some 20% of SCs may have converted and very few from upper castes did. And that this entire issue is blown up by outsiders. If churches exist, they are also good for poor. So on..

Perhaps the situation has changed post 2014 elections, I do not know, but this was how Andhra was till late 2013.

If Hindu activists themselves dont even acknowledge or understand EJs and conversion as a problem, who can help ? The entire landscape is dotted with churches - way larger, and well funded than local temples. Crowds throng during their festivities, and trend is ominously on the rise - quite visibly.. and you know, what's worse ? Sometimes if you want to counter the charity church work to work with temple-sponsored Anna-danams, there are low rung workers in temples and orphanages who actually carry out these chores of feeding the poor that put pictures of Jesus and Mary mata, but not of Hindu gods. The actual disbursement of charity at ground level is always happening in the name of Christ, regardless of who funds it. This is a direct consequence of an uninspired low rung Hindu cadre.

The lethargy of Hindu organization's workers, is not simply due to their incompetence.. its due to lack of an energetic leadership, one that has conviction of belief.

Kosta Andhra has been subverted by communist straw arguments on humanism and universalism for decades.. when communists talk about equalit and attack Hindu activists of preaching insularity, almost nobody, not even Hindu activists, barely put out articulate counter-arguments to dismantle this propaganda. The local BJP or other hindu leaders, can barely defend themselves or their ideology in public - they are constantly on backfoot, defensive and apologetic about having to be associated with a Hindutva party and try to divert the attention to "development". If you watch these articles and TV shows objectively from a young age, nobody in their right minds would ever follow these timid, bumbling, cowardly people who can barely justify their beliefs in public as their representatives.

Some people think Kosta Andhrites are obsessed with caste and all existing political parties have already snapped up the major caste denominations left no room for BJP to grow- perhaps its true to some extent. But I think the bigger problem, even if all your major Kapu or xyz leaders join is - these people are mere defectors and they lack conviction of ideological belief. BJP leadership needs to note that Andhra ppl are not brainless zombies to follow any one just for caste reasons. At the end of the day, if you are a pro-Hindu nationalist, you need strong leaders who can passionately and articulately defend your ideology and not be ashamed of it - and that's the bare minimum criteria to begin growing.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Andhra Pradesh unveils road map for new capital city
HYDERABAD: Andhra Pradesh will have a "riverfront" capital on the south side of river Krishna as the State Government ended months of suspense and speculation today by announcing that 17 villages in the existing Guntur district will be developed into a new capital city.

The villages, however, will not be disturbed and the capital city will be built in six sectors of 5,000 acres each, according to members of the State Capital Advisory Committee.
It's for the first time the TDP-led Government has come out with a clear location of the new capital as it has so far been saying it would come up in the Vijayawada region.

The 17 villages, of course, are within a 30-km periphery of Vijayawada, though on the other side of river Krishna in neighbouring Guntur district.

The villages that will form part of the new capital are: Neerukonda, Kuragallu and Nidamarru in Mangalagiri mandal; Borupalem, Tulluru, Nelapadu, Nekkallu, Sakamuru, Mandadam, Malkapuram, Velagapudi, Mudalingayapalem, Uddandarayapalem, Lingayapalem, Rayapudi, Apparajupalem and Dondapadu in Tulluru mandal.

Name of the new capital would be decided after the land pooling process was completed, the panel members said.

The existing Vijayawada-Guntur-Tenali-Mangalagiri Urban Development Authority would be disbanded and replaced by a Capital Region Development Authority.

The Government estimated that it would cost Rs 75 lakh to Rs one crore to develop each acre of land, they said.

The Committee met here this evening under chairmanship of Municipal Administration Minister P Narayana and discussed the capital development and pooling of land required.

"We have decided to procure 30,000 acres of land under the pooling system for the new capital. This process will be completed in three months and the pooled land will be developed in the next nine months.

"Each land owner will be given 1,000 sq yards of developed land for every acre he parts with. Besides, Rs 25,000 per acre per annum will also be paid to them to compensate the loss of crops for the next ten years, with a 5 per cent hike every year,"
the panel members told a press conference at the end of their meeting.
In all, the Government has identified 21,000 land owners in the 17 villages earmarked for the capital. They would be given developed land through draw of lots in the sector close to their existing village, Committee member Pattipati Pulla Rao said.
VenkataS
BRFite

Post by VenkataS »

I made a map of the location of the capital with the above named villages identified:
http://binged.it/1050BEx

Borupalem in Tulluru mandal; Neerukonda, Kuragallu and Nidamarru in Mangalagiri mandal; Tulluru, Nelapadu, Nekkallu, Sakamuru, Mandadam, Malkapuram, Velagapudi, Mudalingayapalem, Uddandarayapalem, Lingayapalem, Rayapudi, Apparajupalem and Dondapadu in Tulluru mandal.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Folks-request some information on Shoebullah Khan. Here is a piece by the Chindu. http://www.thehindu.com/2003/01/06/stor ... 090400.htm

Just was wondering-What were Shoebullah Khan's real views regarding India? Is any info available?
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

^^

This is a chapter from a book courtesy Google garu. I could not find the name of the book but the whole chapter is worth reading.

The Role of the Press
A special mention has to be made of the young journalist and editor of Imroze, Shoebullah Khan who fell a prey to the strategies of his enemies. He was brave and resolute in his objectives. His soft spokeness concealed the zealous champion that was in him. He first joined the weekly Taj, but when it was banned for attacking the Nizam and activities of Ittehad-ul-Muslimeen, he decided to join Rayyat a weekly edited by Narsinga Rao. When Rayyat was banned he started his own daily Imroze with the help of few friends like B. Ramakrishna Rao. As the editor of Imroze, Shoebullah wrote fearlessly that Hyderabad was destined to be part of Indian Union and there was no question of the Nizam remaining independent. Born on October, 17, 1920 at Subraved in Khammam district, Shoebullah Khan did his B.A. from Osmania University. As a young man he was greatly attracted to the Non Co-operation Movement. From the beginning Shoebullah Khan stood apart for the views that he held. He was a staunch opponent of communal fanaticism.

Shoeb wanted to prove that no religion had a monopoly of the truth. "If we are truthful, His wisdom comes to us". Shoeb was among those few nationalist Muslims who did not see eye to eye with the fascist rulers of his time. He was a democrat to the core. He knew that no one had the courage to tell the people the horrors of the Raj and it was left to him to speak the truth through his columns of the daily, Imroze.

Shoebullah fell from the grace of orthodox Muslims for his ideas of iconoclast, his break from the past, his craving for the new order of things which sounded heretical and revolting though much of the imagery in his early writings were drawn from the Islamic legends. At no time did he fail to voice the surging urges of the down trodden. Perhaps he, more than any others in Hyderabad, represented the urges and aspirations of the harassed and suppressed people of the state against the mighty power of the rulers.

On August 21st 1948, Shoeb criticized Razvi fearlessly in his editorial and was also a signatory to the statement issued by Manzur Jung and his friends against the government. Razvi gave a warning, "If hands were raised in the state they would be cut down and those hands and hands controlling them."

He met a martyrs death in the early hours of August 22nd 1948 at Hyderabad by the Razakkars. He was shot at and his hands were cut off with a sword as a retaliatory measure for his writings. According to V.H Desai in an article published in National Herald on August 22nd 1987, Lucknow edition," The scene of Shoebullah's murder was gruesome, the assasins were pouncing on Shoebullah Khan who was helplessly knocking the door of his house, the door opened , his wife stood dazed on seeing him drop dead. His only witness was his brother in law and he said he saw two persons attacking Shoebullah with swords who was crying "Mere ko math maro". Munim Khan fired the shot at Shoebulah.

All national Muslim editors were threatened by letters and phone messages that the fate of editor of Imroze would overtake them if they supported freedom struggle launched by the State Congress.

It was Imroze again which flashed the news of his death, without being submitted to censor. Writing an obituary, Baqar Ali Mirza who was an eyewitness to the last rites of Shoeb said ".... Some thought it was an unlslamic to pay last respects to such a death. As his body was being covered with earth, a thought came to me, how much communication has degraded religion and to yield to that meant death..."

The people of Hyderabad could join the mainstream of Indian Polity only after the great sacrifice made by warriors like Shoebullah Khan.

As explained in the earlier chapter, there were a number of broadminded Muslims like Fareed Mirza and Akhtar Hasan were members of Progressive Writers Association and editor of Urdu daily Payam who tried to make the Nizam see reason though their columns and appeals. But all of them faced very difficult consequences.

Considering the many hurdles, placed on it, the work done by the press is commendable. They were used by the nationalist to voice their opinion, to bring to light the undemocratic practices and mould the public opinion. Journalists like V.H.Desai and Shoebullah Khan , were undaunted in the face of any threat. They were willing to pay any price in order to highlight the unjust situation prevailing in Hyderabad.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Christian conversions in Tirumala & preying on kids

P.S. I encourage everyone to follow 'Tracking Evangelism' if you haven't already done it. These guys are really good and doing a great yeoman service

http://trackingevangelism.blogspot.com/ ... -soul.html
https://twitter.com/trackevangelism
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

Rony wrote:^^

This is a chapter from a book courtesy Google garu. I could not find the name of the book but the whole chapter is worth reading.

The Role of the Press
Thanks very much, Rony-ji. Much appreciated.