Delhi Case Follow-up thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Re: Delhi Case Follow-up thread

Post by Sagar G »

shyamal wrote:It wont. It will just be "Indians are trying to deny their problems by pointing fingers at others".
Sorry to say but you seem like a person ready to throw in the towel at the first sign of problem, so no matter what I say to you your answer will be always negative.
shyamal wrote:I am very well armed with data :)
But the issue is that on an emotive topic like rape - data does not really help. I fight all the time about perceptions. The fight has to be far more subtle than ripping someone a new one.
If you are "well armed with data" and still not able to stand for yourself then no one can help you. Yes the topic is emotive but that doesn't mean Indians should take any kind of shit dealt out by caucasians by sugar coating it to be a "gift" or some crap like that. If you have any idea about fighting this out way more "subtly" than ripping them a new one then please go ahead and tell us about it, I am more than willing to listen to that.
shyamal wrote:our enemies should not be underestimated. This time we were caught on the backfoot with this unnecessary documentary. Entirely our fault for allowing this. we definitely need to be more alert in the future.
Gee thanks for the advice regarding "underestimating enemies". It's ironic that you say that we were caught in the backfoot while you have claimed to be "armed with data" when the data out in the public tells us that the documentary makers were asked to edit out the contentious portions and also provide full unedited version which they didn't and the caucasian women carrying the white woman's burden of removing rapes from India (while she turns a blind eye to the same problem back home), went on to sell the documentary (another violation) to BBC even without the green signal from the concerned authorities which she had agreed to do while taking permission to make the documentary. How come you missed such important piece of data hainji ??? Is this your "subtle" way of fighting misinformation campaign carried out by caucasian propaganda machinery ???

The GoI's action has legal backing as well since the Delhi HC must have found the GoI's stance valid when it gave permission to take appropriate action if the documentary is aired. So pardon me when I ask how come an illegal action by a caucasian women is being blamed on Indians head by saying that the current fiasco is "our fault" ??? Though I agree that we definitely need to be more alert in future and as a first step to that I deem it fit if caucasians on any kind of "study" tour to India are started being kicked out one by one and permanently placed on the PNG list, extending the PNG list to immediate family of the caucasian man/woman kicked out will be cherry on the cake.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

UlanBatori wrote:
do not forget to credit me if any of these click
ATM Pee Braised! The MAIN PROBLEM with setting up these things is solved. Will be GLAD to credit you, pls provide a working e-pata and ObenSesame. The oiseules also track down eye-pee but that can be circumvented, hopefully.
UB saar, use "tor" prowser wonly. and follow all the instructions provided on how to use it so eye-pee is untrackable.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Tuvaluan wrote:UB saar, use "tor" prowser wonly. and follow all the instructions provided on how to use it so eye-pee is untrackable.
Tor isn't exactly uncrackable and it's slow as hell.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Sagar G wrote:
Tuvaluan wrote:UB saar, use "tor" prowser wonly. and follow all the instructions provided on how to use it so eye-pee is untrackable.
It depends to a large extent on how careful one is while using it -- if you click on images and other stuff while connect to the internet, you can expose your location. You are advised to views PDFs and images and documents offline. It is slow by design, your requests gets bounced off a few hundred servers over a secure network, so that the origin of the request is lost. You can't have have security/privacy and speed at the same time, you have to pick one and follow the rules. Most people are too lazy to always follow the rules of usage, not to mention updating the browser to fix security holes. Of course, if you are going to be doing something to attract the attention of the agencies like sell weapons/drugs or run a dark-web site, the force won't be with you, even if the dark side of the force is. Hide in plain sight and live outside the law by being honest.
Madhusudhan
BRFite

Post by Madhusudhan »

@Unileipzig replied to my tweet and said:
In the next days, this issue is being reviewed by our internal committees (rectorate, dean council and senate)
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Mean e while I hope a meme is made up of herr Brof...hopefully one that would be as recognizable as that history channels ancient aliens guy or the Dos equis bear guy..
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

ramana wrote:Shyamal, Govt has to rule. If it didn't take action then it concurs with the documentary.
How does a private individual making a documentary and broadcasting it on a private TV channel mean that the government concurs with it?
I don't think people who spend their time watching YouTube are the ones who go throw gas cylinders or wield hatchets against innocents. If the thing gets screened on Boob-tube all over India, the situation may be very different.
I have still not understood who would riot against whom after seeing this documentary. The way Nirbhaya was tortured is not really news either. the horrible things that the rapist and the lawyers have said in the documentary are something that they have said earlier too and widely reported in the media. If that did not cause riots why will the documentary cause riots?

Surely Indian men or women are not going to come out rioting against each other because some lgori called them rapists?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Because ultimately everything is with government consent.

Arjun, may be there are EU required standard reports for member countries.

Madhusudhan, What did you tweet?

Can anyone compare the Uty of Oklahoma banning the SAE fraternity for racist comments and the non-action by Uty of Leipzig at their dishonorable prof's racist comments?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

@Unileipzig replied to my tweet and said:
In the next days, this issue is being reviewed by our internal committees (rectorate, dean council and senate)
AoA! This is worse than a Canadian-vija session by the Loya Jirga. :eek: :shock: The Rectum-ate, SenileAte, Dean Council? This person is in for an experience.

You could help a lot by asking about the Academic Integrity standards if any, or the University (oxymoron) of LIE-Pee-Jig.

Ask who are the FRIENDS of this wimmens. Whether it is true (as she says) that the OTHER wimmens in their university are also racists. So either they are, or she is lying. Which is it?

Ask if the Dean etc are members of ODESSA, or only the H**ler-Jugend. Tell them you read The ODESSA File and thought the H-J were very impressive.

Ask if they take Greek students as interns: since Greece has said :P to the Deutsche Reich. Ask if the Dean and Prejidente were in Greece with the SS Panzer Division or the GESTAPO and ask whether in their opinion, which were the more fun - the Greek wimmens or the boys?

THAT should help their frame of mind a lot 8)
Last edited by UlanBatori on 11 Mar 2015 22:17, edited 3 times in total.
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

Sagar G wrote:
shyamal wrote:It wont. It will just be "Indians are trying to deny their problems by pointing fingers at others".
Sorry to say but you seem like a person ready to throw in the towel at the first sign of problem, so no matter what I say to you your answer will be always negative.
thank you for reading my character so well :)
shyamal wrote:I am very well armed with data :)
But the issue is that on an emotive topic like rape - data does not really help. I fight all the time about perceptions. The fight has to be far more subtle than ripping someone a new one.
If you are "well armed with data" and still not able to stand for yourself then no one can help you.
I am not asking for help from BRfites. I am discussing with what I think are like-minded people.
Yes the topic is emotive but that doesn't mean Indians should take any kind of shit dealt out by caucasians by sugar coating it to be a "gift" or some crap like that. If you have any idea about fighting this out way more "subtly" than ripping them a new one then please go ahead and tell us about it, I am more than willing to listen to that.
ripping someone a new one only shows our own frustration.
The GoI's action has legal backing as well since the Delhi HC must have found the GoI's stance valid when it gave permission to take appropriate action if the documentary is aired. So pardon me when I ask how come an illegal action by a caucasian women is being blamed on Indians head by saying that the current fiasco is "our fault" ???
It is definitely the fault of GOI(which party was in power then does not matter). permission should never have been given and she should never have been allowed to leave India with the footage. Why was permission given in the first place to someone with no appropriate visa?
Though I agree that we definitely need to be more alert in future and as a first step to that I deem it fit if caucasians on any kind of "study" tour to India are started being kicked out one by one and permanently placed on the PNG list, extending the PNG list to immediate family of the caucasian man/woman kicked out will be cherry on the cake.
Now we think alike :)
but this should be done with minimum amount of noise.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

UlanBatori wrote:If the thing gets screened on Boob-tube all over India, the situation may be very different.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sirji charan sparsh, Jai ho Baba Mangol ki :lol:
Madhusudhan
BRFite

Post by Madhusudhan »

@Ramana: This is what I tweeted to them:
Still waiting with bated breath to see if bigot profs with delusions of racial purity have a place in your univ
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

gakakkad wrote:Mean e while I hope a meme is made up of herr Brof...hopefully one that would be as recognizable as that history channels ancient aliens guy or the Dos equis bear guy..
give me an idea and I will make it for all to use.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Madhusudhan wrote:@Ramana: This is what I tweeted to them:
Still waiting with bated breath to see if bigot profs with delusions of racial purity have a place in your univ
AoA! :eek:

Meek shivering dhoti-clad, aren't we? :rotfl:
Did you tweet Frau Sick-*uckinger or the Prejidente? Hope u can find the teetar of the latter. When an Ambassador feels compelled to write a formal letter and post it on the web, I would say the Prejidente of the so-called Lie U. feels that his golas are in the En Kay Vee Dee vice.

But the key is NOT this one Sick-Whateverfinger. The key is her ***HONEST** declaration that all wimmens she knows (and many must be in the same U as she) are even worse bigots. At least she chose to respond directly to the "Presumed Rapist". The others are worse.

This is where the Prejidente's musharraf should get real warm.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 11 Mar 2015 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

Madhusudhan wrote:@Ramana: This is what I tweeted to them:
Nice one. :)
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

shyamal wrote:I am not asking for help from BRfites. I am discussing with what I think are like-minded people.
Discussing what ??? How to be a dhimmi infront of gora people ??? Well I assure you will be disappointed by me w.r.t. that.
shyamal wrote:ripping someone a new one only shows our own frustration.
It's shows that you ain't a pushover, offcourse the party with a new ched will get confused about "khaaye kahan se aur paade kaha se" and will accuse you of being frustrated but that's the fun part.
shyamal wrote:It is definitely the fault of GOI(which party was in power then does not matter). permission should never have been given and she should never have been allowed to leave India with the footage. Why was permission given in the first place to someone with no appropriate visa?
Stop her from leaving India based on what ??? The permission given to her was conditional and she chose to broke those conditions so she is the one who is playing smartass here and breaking law not GoI. Though this fiasco will definitely lead to furreigners getting lesser access.
shyamal wrote:Now we think alike :)
Nah, that won't rub it in. It should be done with the intention to humiliate.
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

This Sick-duckinger woman will be "made an example" so the rest of the bigoted women professors in Univ of Leipzig can be more circumspect when they refuse applicants the next time around. Racism and bigotry is all ok until people notice, and then the one who let the bigotry out of the bag will be let go, but the rest will remain the same. Of course, expect long speech from the oiseaules in charge of the university to make long speeches on how they "will not tolerate such behavior (if it makes it to the pages of Quora)"
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

Sagar G wrote:
shyamal wrote:ripping someone a new one only shows our own frustration.
It's shows that you ain't a pushover, offcourse the party with a new ched will get confused about "khaaye kahan se aur paade kaha se" and will accuse you of being frustrated but that's the fun part.
Ripping someone a new one - unless you actually have some sort of real power/hold over them - just causes amusement in the audience.
Ripping someone a new one on an anonymous internet forum is good for taking out your own frustration but does not really influence/harm/confuse your opponent. The ripee(?) will just think that the ripper is a useless stupid bullying fellow.

maybe it is a gender thing :)
shyamal wrote:It is definitely the fault of GOI(which party was in power then does not matter). permission should never have been given and she should never have been allowed to leave India with the footage. Why was permission given in the first place to someone with no appropriate visa?
Stop her from leaving India based on what ??? The permission given to her was conditional and she chose to broke those conditions so she is the one who is playing smartass here and breaking law not GoI. Though this fiasco will definitely lead to furreigners getting lesser access.
Of course she is the villain. but why was GOI sleeping when the footage was being shot? They(Tihar authorities) did see a version of it didn't they? If they were too lazy/stupid/unimaginative to guess what this would lead too - or if this woman(and her cohorts) managed to fool them then of course it is their fault.
shyamal wrote:Now we think alike :)
Nah, that won't rub it in. It should be done with the intention to humiliate.
[/quote]
Counter-productive. Only leads to more raking of our dirt(and we have plenty of it). Better to do it quietly and wait for/create opportunity to rake their dirt(they have much more than us).
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

shyamal wrote:Ripping someone a new one - unless you actually have some sort of real power/hold over them - just causes amusement in the audience.
Ripping someone a new one on an anonymous internet forum is good for taking out your own frustration but does not really influence/harm/confuse your opponent. The ripee(?) will just think that the ripper is a useless stupid bullying fellow.

If you are so caring about what your opponent is going to think of you then it's better to keep quiet and not indulge in any debate. Facts trump bullshit any day, it should hardly matter to the person dishing out facts than how a moron is going to feel about it. Maybe you have had different experience so you should do what you deem fit.
shyamal wrote:Of course she is the villain. but why was GOI sleeping when the footage was being shot? They(Tihar authorities) did see a version of it didn't they? If they were too lazy/stupid/unimaginative to guess what this would lead too - or if this woman(and her cohorts) managed to fool them then of course it is their fault.
Man, instead of gloating about being armed with data it wouldn't have made you any lesser if you would have had educated yourself about the issue before going all over the place ranting about this and that. So go ahead educate yourself about the facts of the case I don't waste my time responding to rants.
shyamal wrote:Counter-productive. Only leads to more raking of our dirt(and we have plenty of it). Better to do it quietly and wait for/create opportunity to rake their dirt(they have much more than us).
That will happen anyway so fearing about the same, sitting over twiddling thumbs and daydreaming about doing it subtly has got us where we are today. Action taken must be seen and heard by public so that they get out of their dhimminess.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Some interesting data from the ACTUAL Rape Capital of the world - Sweden. Turns out, the reason it has turned into the world's rape capital over the past 10 years is due to the massive Muslim immigration into the country. (are these Pakis or Turks ?...)
With Muslims represented in as many as 77 percent of the rape cases and a major increase in rape cases paralleling a major increase in Muslim immigration, the wages of Muslim immigration are proving to be a sexual assault epidemic by a misogynistic ideology.
What Makes Sweden the Rape Capital of the World

Or is this an attempt by Christists to transfer blame from the sex-crazed TFTA Nordics...?
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

Sagar G wrote:
shyamal wrote:Ripping someone a new one - unless you actually have some sort of real power/hold over them - just causes amusement in the audience.

If you are so caring about what your opponent is going to think of you then it's better to keep quiet and not indulge in any debate. Facts trump bullshit any day, it should hardly matter to the person dishing out facts than how a moron is going to feel about it. Maybe you have had different experience so you should do what you deem fit.
If you do not care what your opponent or the audience is going to think then what is the use of debating? You may as well rant in an empty room :)
Or do you debate only to insult?
If facts always triumphed bullshit then politics would have long since been extinct.
shyamal wrote:Of course she is the villain. but why was GOI sleeping when the footage was being shot? They(Tihar authorities) did see a version of it didn't they? If they were too lazy/stupid/unimaginative to guess what this would lead too - or if this woman(and her cohorts) managed to fool them then of course it is their fault.
Man, instead of gloating about being armed with data it wouldn't have made you any lesser if you would have had educated yourself about the issue before going all over the place ranting about this and that. So go ahead educate yourself about the facts of the case I don't waste my time responding to rants.
umm... I know the facts :) I don't mind at all if you no longer want to respond to my rants.
shyamal wrote:Counter-productive. Only leads to more raking of our dirt(and we have plenty of it). Better to do it quietly and wait for/create opportunity to rake their dirt(they have much more than us).
That will happen anyway so fearing about the same, sitting over twiddling thumbs and daydreaming about doing it subtly has got us where we are today. Action taken must be seen and heard by public so that they get out of their dhimminess.
We have always been reactive, emotional and loud(after being stabbed). It is time to be pro-active, quiet and deadly. I have hopes from this govt. I pray it does not turn out to be like all others.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

Muslims account for 26% of Western UP population but commit 36% of the rapes as per this report: Western UP Rape Stats
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

shyamal wrote:If you do not care what your opponent or the audience is going to think then what is the use of debating? You may as well rant in an empty room :)
Or do you debate only to insult?
If facts always triumphed bullshit then politics would have long since been extinct.
I care only when my opponent is a rational person and I think I have made it very clear about what should be done when a moron is trying to act smart.

Facts ultimately triumph in politics as well though it might take a bit longer than internet forum debates.
shyamal wrote:We have always been reactive, emotional and loud(after being stabbed). It is time to be pro-active, quiet and deadly. I have hopes from this govt. I pray it does not turn out to be like all others.
That's what this government is doing by following the law, your refusal to understand it doesn't automatically make GOI guilty.

You can keep thinking what you want too, I am done here.
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

Arjun wrote:Muslims account for 26% of Western UP population but commit 36% of the rapes as per this report: Western UP Rape Stats
Why doesn't someone make a tear-jerker documentary about it?
the purpose would be to "change mindset" and "speak out in favour of women everywhere".
It will be fun to watch all the proponents of freedom of speech fall over themselves in trying to get it banned :D
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

shyamal wrote: How does a private individual making a documentary and broadcasting it on a private TV channel mean that the government concurs with it?
Are you purposely being dense? If you make an illegal documentary and put it on private broadcasting flouting legal broadcasting laws - then you must face the full danda for law. I do not have to give you analogies. Think about it and answer it yourself.
I have still not understood who would riot against whom after seeing this documentary. ... why will the documentary cause riots?
Again trying to be dense? Check out Dimapur "incident".
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

shyamal wrote:
the purpose would be to "change mindset" and "speak out in favour of women everywhere".
It will be fun to watch all the proponents of freedom of speech fall over themselves in trying to get it banned :D
Shyamal' saar - since you suggested it - why do not you make a documentary about it?
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

Sagar G wrote: Facts ultimately triumph in politics as well though it might take a bit longer than internet forum debates.
The eternal optimist :)
In my experience of politics(Indian and elsewhere) facts seldom matter. not just rascals, even good politicians have to be extremely good at bullshit.
shyamal wrote:We have always been reactive, emotional and loud(after being stabbed). It is time to be pro-active, quiet and deadly. I have hopes from this govt. I pray it does not turn out to be like all others.
That's what this government is doing by following the law, your refusal to understand it doesn't automatically make GOI guilty.
I hope this govt manages to do this in future. I have a lot of expectations from them. The entire mainstream media is stacked against them. That is why they need to be even more alert and better prepared(than they have appeared so far).
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

disha wrote:
shyamal wrote: How does a private individual making a documentary and broadcasting it on a private TV channel mean that the government concurs with it?
Are you purposely being dense? If you make an illegal documentary and put it on private broadcasting flouting legal broadcasting laws - then you must face the full danda for law. I do not have to give you analogies. Think about it and answer it yourself.
But the filmmaker is not facing the full danda of law. She(and all the other assorted villains) has already got the maximum mileage possible from this incident. What danda is she going to face now?
I have still not understood who would riot against whom after seeing this documentary. ... why will the documentary cause riots?
Again trying to be dense? Check out Dimapur "incident".
The dimapur incident was fueled by social media - and there was UBji telling me that youtube watchers are less likely to riot than boobtube watchers.
The feedback that I have about the documentary(I have not watched it and have no intention to watch it) is that it has a lot of sensational statements(which have already appeared in media before) and broadbased maligning of Indian society as a whole. So who will attack whom?
shyamal
BRFite

Post by shyamal »

disha wrote:
shyamal wrote:
Shyamal' saar - since you suggested it - why do not you make a documentary about it?
I definitely would - maybe not UP but WB - if I had the required talent Dishaji :)
Sadly - No talent in creative arts :(
So have to make my contribution to society in other ways.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

UlanBatori wrote:The key is her ***HONEST** declaration that all wimmens she knows (and many must be in the same U as she) are even worse bigots. At least she chose to respond directly to the "Presumed Rapist". The others are worse.

On Disqus (in the comments of Lakshmi Chaudhary's article) another poster was claiming that he/she is an Italian professor and there is a concerted effort by an informal group of professors from several Us who exchange notes. If what the poster claims is true, then the rot widespread and deeply embedded in the psyche.
SSundar
BRFite

Post by SSundar »

shyamal wrote: The feedback that I have about the documentary(I have not watched it and have no intention to watch it) is that it has a lot of sensational statements(which have already appeared in media before) and broadbased maligning of Indian society as a whole. So who will attack whom?
Shyamal-ji, from a fellow noobie: I watched a number of my friends attacking themselves on FB and declaring shame about India. We are probably the only ethnicity in the entire human race that do this so well - self-flagellation. The ban on this abomination ensured that the frenzy died down in less than a day. Without this ban, "activists" would have screened it in every Indian village and created a perfect environment for the next Godhra.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Gee thanks for the advice regarding "underestimating enemies". It's ironic that you say that we were caught in the backfoot while you have claimed to be "armed with data" when the data out in the public tells us that the documentary makers were asked to edit out the contentious portions and also provide full unedited version which they didn't and the caucasian women carrying the white woman's burden of removing rapes from India (while she turns a blind eye to the same problem back home), went on to sell the documentary (another violation) to BBC even without the green signal from the concerned authorities which she had agreed to do while taking permission to make the documentary. How come you missed such important piece of data hainji ??? Is this your "subtle" way of fighting misinformation campaign carried out by caucasian propaganda machinery ???
By this time there is sufficient evidence to see that standards were not followed, and still the documentary was shown on BBC while not declaring that the GoI was following the law and that was clearly seen by the decision of HC to continue the ban.

I would suggest that only those talented people, whether from a profession or from a NGO background should be allowed to obtain Indian VISA who have atleast done 10 such projects in field of research in their own country.

So what do you say to this fact that it is not logical when a documentary maker does not make one within her country on the topic and that BBC, or such state broadcaster, does not show what is not made anyway.
Last edited by vishvak on 12 Mar 2015 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

ripping someone a new one only shows our own frustration.
shyamalji: I gather that u r where u can watch BeeBeeSee. They had a nice series titled "Yes, Minister!"

Quote:
When u have them by the ***s, their Hearts and Minds will follow
Sort of a sexist theme, I admit, but can be suitably modified to "when u can apply warmth to their musharrafs" and make it non-gender-specific. I think BeeBeeSee India's future seems a bit **cough-cough** (u know, because Dilli is so polluted etc) and they may develop a greater interest in knowing about the skills taught at Tihar Jail.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

UlanBatori ji, the burden of making dandy people of Oirope aware of crime statistics and making documentaries ('Queens daughters' or 'Sweden's daughters' etc) still remains. After all, those who can not solve the problem in their own country should not be defining and controlling similar issues in 'international' regions.

In fact, it is even difficult to define or find a term for such a situation wherein such a documentary maker is unable to direct one in her own country, and nor it is broadcast since it is not made. It is not like the educated people are not aware, it is more like the people are aware, are themselves helpless and still want to control such issues in 'international' regions.
chilarai
BRFite

Post by chilarai »

Sagar G wrote:
Moreover what's the guarantee that 50% of those nodes are not actually NSA servers running tor !
Tuvaluan
BRFite

Post by Tuvaluan »

chilarai wrote: Moreover what's the guarantee that 50% of those nodes are not actually NSA servers running tor !
Almost certainly, most of the nodes are run by the govt. but a lot of non-govt. servers exist -- this was DoD project by ONR before it was released to the public. Security agencies only needs to keep track of where these requests enter and exit the network, which is how they track you if you end up conducting criminal/terrorist activity over Tor -- but it is useful to not leave you IP address on random webservers across the internet...nothing can protect you if you make yourself a target for law enforcement, that is the bottom line. This is a good read. It is the sheer volume of data in the network that makes it expensive to keep track of someone unless they paint a target sign on themselves. The following link is agood read. Sorry for distraction. last post.

http://pando.com/2014/07/16/tor-spooks/
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

vayu tuvan wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:The key is her ***HONEST** declaration that all wimmens she knows (and many must be in the same U as she) are even worse bigots. At least she chose to respond directly to the "Presumed Rapist". The others are worse.

On Disqus (in the comments of Lakshmi Chaudhary's article) another poster was claiming that he/she is an Italian professor and there is a concerted effort by an informal group of professors from several Us who exchange notes. If what the poster claims is true, then the rot widespread and deeply embedded in the psyche.
The west cannot AFFORD to turn down indian money for education. Won't be surprised if UKstan and Khanland make some angry noises against the Germans.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Gus wrote:very well written piece..do read

https://mariawirthblog.wordpress.com/20 ... rld-media/

excellent find Gus.. Ms Wirth has an understanding of India and HIndu culture that way exceeds average Indians...
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Gus wrote:very well written piece..do read

https://mariawirthblog.wordpress.com/20 ... rld-media/
One important aspect from the above article:
In recent times, Indians have clearly made a mark. There is tremendous talent in the country. It is acknowledged that Indians have brains. This expresses itself in a new found confidence. ‘Western values’ are more likely to be scrutinized now and the ancient Hindu tradition is seeing a renaissance. The ‘established opinion’ that Christianity and Islam are any time better than Hinduism is being challenged. Modern western values are also more likely to be scrutinized and the west does not like it. The established opinions have power and this power seems to be used to malign India in a most unfair manner.