Bharat Rakshak Celebrates Six Years!

bhavani
BRFite

Re: Bharat Rakshak Celebrates Six Years!

Post by bhavani »

Congratulations to the BR team and BR administrators. I hhave been visiting BR From the time i was in my intermediate but i was not able to register as at that time i had email id which belong to Yahoo or rediff. After coming to US i have been able to register and i Spend Atleast 4 or 5 hours a day in BR. i really appreciate the work The BR Team has put in this site. Infact this Site has become a major source of information on Indian defence forces and i have seen many foreign web sites quoting BR as a source. BR is also increasing awareness and knowledge among people about Indian armed forces, and thier strength. It is also acting as a mojor source of Info on Indian economy and India. It is bringing so many bright people having knowledge in so many diverse fields and is enabling sharing of Data and ideas between Them. Congrats once again
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Happy B'day to us... X6!Yes,it's a great day for everyone associated with BR.Looking back,BR has indeed come a long way.Perhaps the first true public view of BR's "spreading wings" was Shiv's excellent CD on Aero-India and the contribution of many others with stunning photos at various times of current events/weaponry on the Forum.The webpages designed for various units of the armed forces has been another feather in BR's cap.I was just going through the latest issue of Vayu and enjoying a very fine article on an IAF veteran pilot only to see that it was a BR contributor who had written it!

One must also thank the various branches of the defence services who have at various times been more than helpful in helping BR grow and being host to our motley band of "Brites"at some of our get-togethers.If not for these gallant men and women of the armed forces-who continually need the unstinted support of the country,we could be in a disastrous state...just look at what is happening in our neighbourhood and abroad and thank our lucky stars that we have such dedicated and devoted fighting forces to protect us from the enemy at large.

At this time I must yet again come back to my pet grouse..that we have to take one final step into the real world of journalism in order to disseminate our ideas and philosophy to a wider audience.That is we must eventually also produce a publication,printed in India,perhaps a quarterly on the lines of the Monitor.There is room in Indian publishing space for a good magazine on dfence and foreign affairs that covers all the three branches of the services.A printed version of a magazine lasts far longer than bytes in cyberspace and reaches a wider audience.BR has great allround talent and we also have several veterans,wellwishers of BR who have served the country with distinction,who can contribute as well as advise us.When we do achieve this goal,we can then say that we have truly arrived.
amarnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amarnath »

Aah it is six years and i have been here for four years thought i wasnt a member.My happiest moment here was to read about LCA TD-1 maiden flight and viola how much has BR thought me and now may i put in my suggestion
"I wanna BR to expand into something official like a journal or defence research organisation"
registered and BR Journalists sitting @ press meets.

And Rakesh saab

I am addicted to BR from the day of my first visit :D
BR FORUM is my home page , i am only 19 and yheah are there any girls at all ? :mad:
JCage
BRFite

Post by JCage »

1)I have been on BR one way or the other for the past 5 yrs. Whenever i Come across something "new" then its become a kid of habit/duty to share it on BRF.

Dont know how to put it across-but the greatest thing about BRF is that many here share a collective pride in our nation.

If we share the knowledge/information we have it keeps "flowing" and has the ability to perhaps answer questions each one of us or felt.And there are people ofall hues on BRF from the ORBAT experts to those who could tell the latest hairstyle of pakjabis.
And then there are the recent additions of "been there and done that" gentlemen,whose posts are always a treat to read.

2)No but its the first thing I check anyhow.

3)Definitely!

4)Well,what a surprise!There are a few judging from the responses.
And I thought that "We be bad" :)
JTull
BRF Oldie

Post by JTull »

Originally posted by Rakesh Koshy:
BR Survey

I just want to get some ‘fun info’ on our members, so please answer the following questions:

1) What is it about Bharat Rakshak (and the forum) that makes you want to keep coming back every day (or in may case, every few minutes when I hit the F5 button)? Bonus points (with possible admin appointments) for BRF members who mention my name :( Or is this a complete testorone-driven forum?[/QB]
1) This was perhaps my second/third website I ever visited when I first went online 6yrs ago. Been hooked evr since.

2) and 3) Well! Less said the better. I finally had to buy a second computer and get wireless access for my DSL. Now I keep BR as my home page on my laptop as my wife usurped my other computer. It's better now that we both have independent internet access.

4) No idea.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

1) What is it about Bharat Rakshak (and the forum) that makes you want to keep coming back...

Addiction to India, probably terminal. Plus the generally positive outlook, confirmed by events on the ground over the past 6 years. In the beginning, I was just glad to find someplace where other people shared my interest in Indian strategic environment. And of course, there's the wide variety of postors, most of whom I've never seen, but would gladly invite home any time.

2) Is BR currently set as your default home page? If not, may I ask why?

Nope. Dunno why. But it's the first, and often the only page, that I visit. Call of duty as admin and all that.

3) Is BR causing issues with the spouse at home? If so, PARTY ON!!!!

Various ruses and diversionary tactics have been employed to disguise the actual amount of time spent on BR. Otherwise there would be hell to pay. OTOH, maybe I'm fooling myself and spouse is quietly pleased that I'm spending time harmlessly in front of a defence website and not chasing skirt :lol:

4) Are there any gals in BRF? Or is this a complete testorone-driven forum?

Yeah, where are all the girls? What can we do to get them more interested in defending India, through BR of course? Think boys think. So far, what, there are four/five participating - out of 90,000 unique visitors? Pathetic.
Pathmarajah
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Pathmarajah »

Congratulations to all of you, Rakesh, Shiv, LNS, Jagan, Rupak, JEM, Phillip, Ramana, and many others. I have been a member since March 1998, visiting everyday. After spending one and a half hours reading the new posts, I am too tired to post. Also, many threads are too technical; canards, avionics, etc. :)

BR Survey
I just want to get some ‘fun info’ on our members, so please answer the following questions:

1) What is it about Bharat Rakshak (and the forum) that makes you want to keep coming back every day (or in may case, every few minutes when I hit the F5 button)? Bonus points (with possible admin appointments) for BRF members who mention my name.

Its the news folder. And Ramana's and Philip's posts.

I have been partying since the GDP hit 6%.

Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

1) What is it about Bharat Rakshak (and the forum) that makes you want to keep coming back...

A forlon hope that perhaps one day a certain someone will start handing out mithais for the Akula 2s :)

Why ask why? google is default, 'coz believe it or not I use computers for work too :)

She thinks I am slightly nuts to be awake at 12:00 browsing BRF, but so long as I appease her and the little big one, I am allowed a peek at BRF now and then. Same at work :)

I have assured my better half there aren't any, and I am sticking to that story.
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

1) What is it about Bharat Rakshak (and the forum) that makes you want to keep coming back every day (or in may case, every few minutes when I hit the F5 button)? Bonus points (with possible admin appointments) for BRF members who mention my name.

news,views, and a general optimisim and best off all paki bashing :D

Maybe i'll party in six months ;)

hmm.. points to ponder. How about uploading wallpapers of BR members grey cells, might cause a stampede :p
Yash
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Yash »

1) What is it about Bharat Rakshak (and the forum) that makes you want to keep coming back every day?

This place is like peer review for scientific papers. You can't barf wrong info and get away with it, ergo, you always are better informed than those pathetic many who choose not to be cognizant of BR ;)

nah. but it is a direct link from my toolbar.

3) Is BR causing issues with the spouse at home?

BR is the spouse!

4) Are there any gals in BRF? Or is this a complete testostorone-driven forum?

Does it matter? Though, I must say that my female desi friends are much more nationalistic than my male friends.
ragupta
BRFite

Post by ragupta »

Congratulations!. A well deserved success!.

Credit to all the admins and frequently visiting members for their valuable contribution, which adds to the knowledge and information where there was none forthcoming. That is one single reason why we try and log on to BR forum several times in a day, to overcome the lack of information on Indian security forces.

Things have changed for the better, with the creation of BR.

Kudos, and best wishes for many more Birthdays to come.
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

Wow! already 6 years.. time sure flies fast.

1) What is it about Bharat Rakshak (and the forum) that makes you want to keep coming back every day (or in may case, every few minutes when I hit the F5 button)? Bonus points (with possible admin appointments) for BRF members who mention my name

>> Adicted! :)

How did you know ;)
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

1) What is it about Bharat Rakshak (and the forum) that makes you want to keep coming back every day (or in may case, every few minutes when I hit the F5 button)? Bonus points (with possible admin appointments) for BRF members who mention my name

I can write a six page essay on it, but I thnk I will save bandwidth

BR main page is NOT my default home page. But (Surprise! Surprise!) BRF Mil Forum is my default home page at both my Home and at Office. There were ocassions i explained away the default home page to my boss by saying "boss - its a news site" :D

Nope

Testorone or Testesterone or testeresterestgersregsddd : :whine:
[/QB]
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

No idea ! :)

No.No :)

No Comments!
4) Are there any gals in BRF? Or is this a
complete testorone-driven forum?

Girls yes.What's testorone? :)
Looks like the sabbatical dint work :)

Go BR!

Kaps
:)
Manish Jain
BRFite

Post by Manish Jain »

First of all, congrats everyone..
1). I've been a lurker for about 4 years now, posted a few times but somehow my login name was disabled so kept reading every single day but didn't post. Nowadays, been spending about 3 hours a day here. What keeps bringing me back here..mmm.. has to be the contents, best news and analysis.. and ofcourse the knowledge & intelligence of contributors.

2). No, its not default page on my browser because of company policy but its the second site I visit everyday after checking the headlines on rediff.

3). No spouse yet, but it is causing some heartburn in my friends coz everytime they see me, I'm on BR.

4). I've seen a few ladies here but not many. I tried to educate some of the girls I know about BRF and a few visit it time to time now. Strangely, most of girls think of Bharat-Rakshak as some sort of RSS/VHP related site :roll: I guess, lotsa awareness still needs to be brought in. My high point was, when a writer friend (with whom I fight a lot) sent me the article written by Arindam Bannerjee by mail and asked me to read things like that instead of Hindu propaganda sites :lol: .. it was fun pointing out the BRF url to her.. Also, another high point was mentioning BR to a friend and finding out he's Jagan's colleague and knowing the GD is a former HSS-employee.. just like me :-) *great minds converging at same place ;-) *
AJay
BRFite

Post by AJay »

Congrats. It is a dream come true. Hope BRF beats Strom Thurmand.
Prateek
BRFite

Post by Prateek »

Congratulations ...!
jarugn
BRFite

Post by jarugn »

Way To Go BRF
Babui
BRFite

Post by Babui »

The best damn forum on the net !! It's great to find a place where there are so many like-minded folks with a deep interest in India's armed forces and the betterment of our country. Each year it gets better and better. Oftentimes we hash the same topic every few weeks/mths but new members bring new insights (Siachen thread by pavananir for e.g) - and I can only say wow. jrjrao's Paki bashing thread is just simply the icing on the cake :-) This kind of interaction is incredibly addictive because I spent my first 18 yrs in India looking desperately for fellow enthusiasts and not finding anybody. I log in at work and discreetly check it out when the boss ain't around :-) The wife used to mind alot at first (a few yrs ago) - but she got reconciled to it when she met the other guys and gal at BR meetings. She even asks me when we're gonna hold the next BR meet ! BR is not my homepage - it's Yahoo ! Kudos to admins for enhancing the site and enforcing rules. Kudos also to the BR community for contributing articles, bringing up forum topics and (in the old days) contributing monies to keep the forum going. It can only get better.
Nandan D
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nandan D »

Congrats BR..how you've grown...

JRJ, AshishN , Rangudu et al..and this is the only place that people who hear me talk about military matters don't think i'm nuts...

Cos really, we have to at least pretend to work(i am at work now too :)

4) Are there any gals in BRF? Or is this a complete testorone-driven forum?[/QB]
Ahhh...bibi bachey hain sahab, i don't care if there being girls here..no really ..i mean it..
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

1) I have been reading BR since the summer of '97 and still remember mentioning it to other Indian friends. That's a very long time and am quite embarassed to admit that i have so far posted only a handful. Too much to read and catch up with and no spare time :roll:

3) Spouse was introduced to BR and i think is a bigger addict than me.

4) see above
debjani
BRFite

Post by debjani »

Originally posted by Ayoub:
I'm surprised that none of you have mentioned me as a 'lurker.' I guess you won't give me the satisfication of being known as the 'lurker.'
Ayoub,

You are not a lurker, you are a Peeping Tom, but a nice one at that. I hope you are liking what you are seeing! It's only six years old. Its getting better all the time as the Beatles said.

Will you be sending the BRF a valentine, birthday's greeting and bottle of wine?
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

BR has been oxygen for me since crossing the black water many moons ago and is the place I go to several times a day to check the 'news'. Anything not on BR is not worth wasting time on!

I am extremely grateful to the many postors who have deepened my love of India--something I never thought possible--and for broadening my knowledge on so many diverse areas.

Special respect and thanks are reserved for the amazing cast of Admins who have created and maintain this fantastic place and infuse it with their rich talents, dedication and hard work. Thank you and hearty congratulations! I look forward to the next decade on BR with great eagerness.
Manas
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Manas »

As one of the earliest members I have seen BR grow from the "stacked hyperlink forum". The admins have done a great job in keeping the quality and also eliminating noise.

I used to post so often 5.5/6 yrs ago when we just had a handful of members participating. I spend at least a couple of hours a day and enjoy the forum thoroughly. We have a lot of great new participants to add to the old hands like (JeM, Shiv, Ramana, Spin Rao and hilarious NETA of N^3).

Great job guys ! Congratulations.
AmanC
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AmanC »

Bash on regardless.
Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

Originally posted by aman:
Bash on regardless.
Aman-54 Div right?

Cheers
Kapil
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Happy Birthday, BR

Have been a long time (more than 5 years) and regular lurker but very infrequent postor . (My earlier avatar – G for Gellmann – this was around the era of Faheem - remained mostly in the lurking mode too.).

Now for the survey
1. Excellent source of news and other information (IDRF thread, for example was excellent source of reference material). And just reading some postors is just addictive.
2. No. Because I can reach it with less than 2 mouse clicks.
3. Understanding cause and effects is interesting but the relationship is not always that simple.
4. That info is only on need to know basis. Don’t forget you guys were so hostile to one named Susan..( okay he/she/it was, at minimum, cross-dresser). … and the Romance Thread << Admin Note: - We have deleted the rest of the post – Calvin)>>>