Bharat Rakshak Celebrates Seven Years!

CPrakash
BRFite

Re: Bharat Rakshak Celebrates Seven Years!

Post by CPrakash »

Originally posted by narayanan:
Also, IIRC, it wasn't Frankenstein that scared anyone - it was his creation, the sad, gentle and ultimately short-lived sweet giant whom all the idiots misunderstood and recoiled from.
Sure, BR would be the Frankenstein/stien because it 'created' the other entity :D
Originally posted by narayanan:
Speaking of Yindootva, the other day I went in a desi grocery store in a new (for me) town. Supreme HQ asked me to check out where the Basmati was made - and put down the first bag she picked, because it was made in the Land of Mice Schidt etc.

The Sikh gentleman who ran the store pointed out that the bag we eventually picked was probably not what we wanted - and showed me what he thought we wanted - the same bag we'd put down. I told him: " I won't buy that" and pointed to the "Made in TSP" tag. He smiled apologetically and enthusiastically at the same time - and promptly picked out another bag. "Made in California" he said - and "its all right" - pointing at a picture of a trishool on a corner. Apparently that's the Stamp of Non-Pakiness these days. [/QB]
The decisions you NRIs have to take every day, good thing we RIs dont have to :D

Post by Guest »

I always wondered how the BR admins took so much effort to keep the site alive. Congratulations for all the hard work.

I remember trawling through the net in 97 and seeing your black and yellow site. I remember reading the history of the 1971 war in great, but slow detail.

In 1999, just after Kargil, I joined BRF when my friend Sandeep told me about it. In those days, I used to work in the government and remember reading it every day.

My fondest memory of BRF is the day that Musharaff staged his coup. It was evening in Delhi and I remember seeing the first frantic posts, and then the more detailed posts flowing in. I passed the fact that there was a coup happening in Pakistan to my superiors, where it finally reached the top-most echelons in the government, after, of course, cross-checking.

Since then, I read it off and on, don't post so much, since there's less time as I moved into the private sector and left my cushy sarkari naukri.

What I'd like to see is more individual sites under the BR banner. That is, a site for every warship in the Navy, with public-domain information related to that ship listed there. For example: www.bharat-rakshak.com/navy/viraat.
A site for every airforce squadron and one for every large army formation. The best way to do this is to design a standard format for all such individual sites, and then have enthusiastic, but senior, BRFites start filing it up wherever they can.

Keep up the good work.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Originally posted by harsh:
A site for every airforce squadron and one for every large army formation. The best way to do this is to design a standard format for all such individual sites, and then have enthusiastic, but senior, BRFites start filing it up wherever they can.
A Great idea if I ever heard one. Let me start working on this .

Added Latr: On scond thoughts, RAvi Rikhye is already doing it for Orbat.com's CIMH. If not for IAF Squadrons atleast for the IN Ships and the IA's Regiments. But there is no standard format afaict