India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020 - Part 2

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Davidrock
BRFite -Trainee

Re: India's Border Security with China and Pakistan-2020 - Part 2

Post by Davidrock »

Sid wrote:8 month old video, but judging by troop level and vehicle movement this was serious even back then.

Thanks for this video. Really good one. The GPS as per the video is

Can someone with GPS knowhow translate this to something we can find in google maps ?
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

rohitvats wrote:[Admins, please remove if inappropriate]

- Gentlemen, I'v finally created a YouTube channel of my own.
- And here's the first analysis which discusses strategic importance of Chushul Sector.

Video Link -

** link removed **
Kudos. Excellent presentation
Last edited by SSridhar on 15 Sep 2020 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to link the video again
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

S Babones at Foreign Policy writes super practical columns on China.
https://foreignpolicy.com/author/salvatore-babones/

this was his masterpeice - https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/06/ch ... -spending/

Then recently China's plan to build a thai canal to get a faster access to Indian Ocean. https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/01/ch ... kra-canal/.

His latest one, Its harsh on Modi ( disclaimer) but from a practical point of view -its just plain realpolitik. https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/11/in ... -alliance/ Infact Modi already knows this. He is wise enough to.

In this forum I had made this point earlier, Modi can no longer use China relations as a balance against US/EU pressure on right leaning national policies. With GDP in tumble, Modi will likely re-calibrate his national agenda for more western support.

Since foreign policy is one of the most widely read think tanks, everything they say goes across the diplomatic theatre. What this latest article means is that there is a price to be paid for diplomatic support. Modi is wise enough to know this. He has a good EAM in place. If we play our diplomatic cards well, diplomatic defeat of China is definite. I also expect more foreign media articles to come out in India's support work if diplomatic signalling is achieved.
Jwala
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Jwala »

rohitvats wrote:[Admins, please remove if inappropriate]

- Gentlemen, I'v finally created a YouTube channel of my own.
- And here's the first analysis which discusses strategic importance of Chushul Sector.

Video Link -

A summary of what the video discusses and explains:

- In the intervening nights of 29th and 30th August, and then subsequently on 30th and 31st August, the Indian Army took a series of steps to control the ridge-line along the Kailash range in the Chushul sector.

- This development is being seen from a narrow perspective of its impact only on the Chushul and Pangong Tso sector.

- As is shown in this analysis, by taking the ridge-line along with important features like Rechin La, Rezang La, Mukhapari, Gurung Hill, Black Top (possibly), Indian Army has removed a major threat to our India's defenses in the Eastern Ladakh sector.

- Location of Chushul is such that any break-out by the Chinese from Spanggur Gap gives them an option to mount offensive against Indian positions towards north as well as south.

- The Chinese army has in theory isolate Indian positions and troops in the Chang Chenmo river valley (Hot Springs, Gogra), Ane La pass, Fingers Area, block DSDBO road, or mountain an offensive against Leh along Darbuk-Chang La axis.

- Towards south, Indian positions and troops in various sectors like Demchok, Ukdungle, Chumur etc can be isolated, their road link with Leh broken and troops attacked from the rear.

- And the biggest threat is that Chinese break-out from Spanggur Gap gives them a possibility to develop a major offensive towards Leh through the highway which runs along the Indus river.
Please have a look and do share your feedback and comments.
I have been a great fan of your analyses and interpretations over the past decade, IIRC ; right from the time I was lurking at BRF and reading your coverage on Siachen Glacier. This analysis continues in that fine tradition you have set. While minor tech issues can be fixed the overall description you have given is awesome. It also shows convincingly how important the steps finally taken by IA recently have been both strategically and to your channel
Last edited by SSridhar on 15 Sep 2020 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to quote the whole post and most definitely no need to include the video link every time.
ani_sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ani_sharma »

YashG wrote:S Babones at Foreign Policy writes super practical columns on China.
https://foreignpolicy.com/author/salvatore-babones/

this was his masterpeice - https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/07/06/ch ... -spending/

Then recently China's plan to build a thai canal to get a faster access to Indian Ocean. https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/01/ch ... kra-canal/.

His latest one, Its harsh on Modi ( disclaimer) but from a practical point of view -its just plain realpolitik. https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/11/in ... -alliance/ Infact Modi already knows this. He is wise enough to.

In this forum I had made this point earlier, Modi can no longer use China relations as a balance against US/EU pressure on right leaning national policies. With GDP in tumble, Modi will likely re-calibrate his national agenda for more western support.

Since foreign policy is one of the most widely read think tanks, everything they say goes across the diplomatic theatre. What this latest article means is that there is a price to be paid for diplomatic support. Modi is wise enough to know this. He has a good EAM in place. If we play our diplomatic cards well, diplomatic defeat of China is definite. I also expect more foreign media articles to come out in India's support work if diplomatic signalling is achieved.
While I do not have insight to his previous opinions, this latest one , at-least to me seems like a perfect example of western-bias.
One one hand you quote survey data which says even majority muslims consider modi as not-bad (==good) performer.. in same breadth you say modi is not good-enough and to fix that he should pacify western-media, English speaking audience to stay relevant.

It's like west wants to have an alliance with india, but not the bharat! That is unlikely to fly for long.. coz if it was UPA.. we probably would have already hushed land-grab by china under carpet and there will be no conflict to speak of.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Anyone who thinks Modi will balance his "right leaning national policies", whatever that means, does not understand Modi.

As an example, while NPR/NRC has been put on hold, in response to domestic turbulence, they will be implemented when the time right. The other "nationalistic" policies too will come in the right time.

Western media and English speaking audience will never be satisfied with whatever Modi does shot of selling Indian interest down the drain and that is not going to happen.

Re-calibration will happen whenever required but based on our own understanding just like what happened to the NRC.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

YashG wrote:S

What a total piece of garbage is that article which tries to paint Modi as a villain and outcaste. A man who has worked tirelessly and has used his policies to the benefit of every citizen of India irrespective of their religious affiliation.

Now lets look a the other super powers namely USA which has a a president who on the very first week in office banned Muslims from entering USA and is an open race baiter under whom US is burning right now. The other dude Xitler whose government has forced millions of peacefuls into concentration camps in China but is still feared and respected.

This article is the same old rehash of how India should bow to the world because there is a nuclear armed neighbour involved. Also, give more to peacefools (in other words pakis) who btw just 70 years ago split this nation into two. If we care so much for the fiberal crowd then real-politik is already lost and we will have another Kashmir and partition in not so distant future.

If BR forum members share such nonsense then the forum has lost its raison d'etre. Let's put our guns down and beg for mercy.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

Geopolitics is a game of give & take. If we were growing at 10% growth rate, West would work with anything - India, Bharat or Aryavarta. Nw that we're not, we have no choice. Also UPA is dead, congress is dead - they will never come back. So "UPA vs NDA" is now just academic debate.

Given Xi's position, the lull at border & way Xi has painted himself in corner ( Modi is wise, he has dealt his card way better, kept options open) - things will happen - a skirmish or something. We will need allies.

I'm sure Modi even tried making peace with Xi in the beginning of this conflict but Xi has lost his mind - miscalculated Modi. (He met Modi so many times, he couldnt still understand him - i guess more because we r different societes/systems - Chinese enever try to learn about others - thr cross-cultural understanding is poor)
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

vimal wrote: This article is the same old rehash of how India should bow to the world because there is a nuclear armed neighbour involved. Also, give more to peacefools (in other words pakis) who btw just 70 years ago split this nation into two. If we care so much for the fiberal crowd then real-politik is already lost and we will have another Kashmir and partition in not so distant future.

If BR forum members share such nonsense then the forum has lost its raison d'etre. Let's put our guns down and beg for mercy.
I Already mentioned a disclaimer its harsh on Modi. You can skip reading the article instead focus on his other articles like the thai canal or China running out of money. Foreign policy articles are like diplomatic opinions. They have a wide impact among the diplomatic circle.

But they are just opinions. You may not agree with them. Take them as a data point on opinions.

But China will be brought down by combo of military action + diplomatic pressure, whichever way u achieve the two.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

It seems Gen Zorawar Singh had invaded Tibet going through the Spanggur gap!

https://twitter.com/GeneralBakshi/statu ... 9146091521
in 1841 Gen Zorawar Singh had invaded Tibet advanced 800 kms inside and captured the famous Mansarovar lake. A major battle was fought on the banks of the sacred lake in which a huge Chinese force was routed. Our army is now sitting on the approach to Mt Kailash
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

YashG wrote: But China will be brought down by combo of military action + diplomatic pressure, whichever way u achieve the two.
I'd like to humbly ask how diplomatic pressure can bring anyone down? What exact tangible goals can diplomatic pressure realize?

And given the chinese "don't give a hoot about diplomacy" policy, how vulnerable are they to such a pressure?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

pankajs wrote:It seems Gen Zorawar Singh had invaded Tibet going through the Spanggur gap!

https://twitter.com/GeneralBakshi/statu ... 9146091521
in 1841 Gen Zorawar Singh had invaded Tibet advanced 800 kms inside and captured the famous Mansarovar lake. A major battle was fought on the banks of the sacred lake in which a huge Chinese force was routed. Our army is now sitting on the approach to Mt Kailash
Thats why the Chinese carefully took all the strategic Land in 1962, our Babus and Politicians at that feed on Aryan Invasion Theories, British Cool Aid and Shakesphere knew nothing of proper Indian History have kept making strategic blunders. As a population we still dont know what it takes to be rich and prosperous. For a country to be rich and prosperous it needs to Independent to majority of its defense needs, Independent in food supplies especially grains fruits and vegetables, independent in energy and transport, which good metals and metallurgy in Manufacturing, preserving its environment, good education system with most people having good housing, food and debt spread reasonably well.

It is with this is mind foreignors distorted our history, made us only good in leather manufacturing and no domestic ability whatever.

Until we show we are strong enough , our adversaries will not leave us alone.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

m_saini wrote:
YashG wrote: But China will be brought down by combo of military action + diplomatic pressure, whichever way u achieve the two.
I'd like to humbly ask how diplomatic pressure can bring anyone down? What exact tangible goals can diplomatic pressure realize?

And given the chinese "don't give a hoot about diplomacy" policy, how vulnerable are they to such a pressure?
Diplomacy alone can never achieve anything, it is always backed by strength- Military strength the more the enemy escalates the worse it gets for him, good economic and food stability of the population as whole.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

YashG wrote:

Not impressed by this Babones fellow at all. Let’s see:

- Modi has to appease the “liberals” of India and the world if he is to get any support from outside India for standing yp to China.

A. Does any country in the world (Saudi, Turkey, et al) do anything like that to get support? Is support of West really given on such a basis?

B. Can Modi possibly do anything, short of self-immolation for the audacity of becoming India’s PM inspite of being a low-class Hindu, to appease these self-styled liberals?

- Entire article is admitting that everything Modi did is right (but somehow also wrong) and then begging Modi (through the reader) to “clean up his act” (an insulting formulation which means God only knows what).

- Ultimate brahmastra to “persuade” Modi to stop being Modi: west won’t help, and you will lose to China onlee. Also, to the “liberal” reader: hey, maybe that’s how we get rid of the Mudi.

A. As if India is actually living up to the Chinese fantasy that India thinks the West will come and save it from the mighty Han Army.

I don’t think I have read, in recent times, a more pathetic piece of morally bankrupt intellectual piffle.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

KLNMurthy wrote:
- Modi has to appease the “liberals” of India and the world if he is to get any support from outside India for standing yp to China.
There in one line u summed up the article.

Alternatively if our GDP did well, no one will have any issues about what Modi does. Han army cannot in any case do much to us militarily. But hot borders will not let Modi focus on economy fulltime. (our finmin cnt do a thing well).
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

YashG wrote:

YashG,
The merits of Babone's article aside, your comments seem to be just "low GDP growth" dhoti shivering. Indian economy is quite different from western economies, its growth elasticity is much higher. As long as the west sees us as a stable country with an economy that can reaccelerate fast, investments will come in. Remittances will increase. Energy needs will be met by long term contracts at low prices. Monsoon was good, agri production at record levels. Forex at all time high. Stimulous packages, direct cash transfers. Whats stopping us from benefiting from all these favourable conditions at the moment is Covid. Support from west or not doesn't change the situation.

India is general and Modi specifically have a very biased and ignorant media coverage in the West, which gets most of its cues from Indian lefty media. For most western media houses, India does not matter. They have the same sense of responsibility derived from cliched images while writing about Chicken Tikka Masala or Bollywood or India's economic policies or border conflict with China. They have no idea what Hindu or rightwing or nationalist means in the Indian context.

Lets not mistake what western media says to be the view point of Westerns Govt's, Diplomats or Military or even strong business houses. Their local readers "in the know" laugh about Baboones like we do reading a Barkha, Jairam or a Raghuram Rajan. The people who matter in the West know what India is and will be. Signalling is irrelevant.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

m_saini wrote:

I mentioned combo. (Dip + Mil)
Diplomatic pressure is signaled through stuff like sanctions, reduce market access, non-cooperation in multilateral forums, reduction in FDI flows etc. - All of these put an economic burden on companies. For e.g. Indian stopped buying oil from Iran, simply because US would have blacklisted us - even when we had got good rates from Iran (China did not).

Everyone is vulnerable - even if you dont show. US trade war with China is coming down heavy on XI's political career, even if China doesnt show it. Diplomatic actions increase the economic cost beyond what the direct war will incur.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Let Modi punch xitler and his human rights violaters within India and on the border and the world and Indian support will come. Not linearly but exponentially as this won't be an academic write papers as that's how I get my paycheck exercise.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Salvatore Babones isn't any sort of valuable commentator in the context of this thread. He might have an audience somewhere, but this place isn't it.
YashG
BRFite

Post by YashG »

This is my last reply on this. Its getting OT.
amar_p wrote: India is general and Modi specifically have a very biased and ignorant media coverage in the West, which gets most of its cues from Indian lefty media. For most western media houses, India does not matter. They have the same sense of responsibility derived from cliched images while writing about Chicken Tikka Masala or Bollywood or India's economic policies or border conflict with China. They have no idea what Hindu or rightwing or nationalist means in the Indian context.
Youre right when u say, India doesnt matter for most western media house. you're so correct!!
I also agree on the direction but not the magnitude. Western media use to be ignorant of real India but its changing. In last 5 years I have seen this change. That change came because of our economic relevance. Gordon Chang doesnt know much about India, infact he writes mostly about China - his China articles will be music to everyone here. In the last article he parroted what he must have heard in his circles. If we disagree thats okay. After all Western pressure is nothing new or even good always.

That article is just a data point. Its not the whole story.
amar_p wrote: YashG,
The merits of Babone's article aside, your comments seem to be just "low GDP growth" dhoti shivering.
To be concerned about our GDP is not the same as dhoti shivering. Its taking the use of dhoti shivering too far.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

This Modi just clean-up the act is just a cover. No one cares deep inside, but they will put up a show to keep their woke progressives happy.
After all they still deal with the organ harvesting CCP.

On a different note, the other big question is that politically what happens if PLA continues its downhil skiing?

Is there another team (Team B) waiting to take over and replace Xi and negotiate a truce? After how much loss will Xi be forced to quit and hand over to Team B?

Or will XI continue till the "Artillery fire is audible Berlin"?

I so no reason to IA to stop once the PLA defenses are breached. Question is how much time would they have and how far could they go?

From the PLa point of view the late October/early November be when the USA will be the most distracted. Very likely the election will be like the 2000 hanging shard election; so there is going to be a few weeks of uncertainty then.

I hope that the US military has the needed plans in place and is not handicapped by political uncertainty. I think Trump continues to be President early January and with the election out of the way may behave differently.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Indian media have picked the article from Gordon Chang.
‘Xi Jinping has risked his future with LAC incursions’: Report on China border row
China’s failure to push around the Indian troops in the Line of Actual Control (LAC) means that the ability of Chinese President Xi Jinping to intimidate anyone has reduced.

In an opinion article for Newsweek written by Gordon G Chang, a lawyer and commentator, the Chinese President has risked his future with the failed high-profile incursions of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) into more areas of the LAC, the border between India and China.

The writer says that Xi is the “architect” of these aggressive moves into India and the Chinese troops have unexpectedly flopped.
Xi has shown that he is good at the political mobilisation of the army and can spend huge amount on military equipment. He has also perfected the art of intimidating other countries. However, the Chinese President has yet to show his military in a fight and is worth a damn.

“Unfortunately, it looks like China’s leader, who had looked invincible, now has something to prove. As a result, he appears absolutely determined to make his point by launching another attempt to break India apart,” Chang says adding that other countries will take cognisance that Chinese military is deficient.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Amid LAC tension, additional Rs 1.2K cr for border roads
With India and China locked in an intense military standoff along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the government today sought Rs 1,200-crore increase in the budget for strategic roads in the border areas all along the LAC. In the Union Budget in February, a sum of Rs 3,050 crore was earmarked for roads in border areas. The addition of Rs 1,200 crore makes it a 39 per cent jump over the original allocation.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

Tensions simmer as China accuses India of illegally crossing LAC
The border dispute between India and China simmered on Monday with China’s envoy to India Sun Weidong reiterating Beijing’s claims that New Delhi had illegally crossed the Line of Actual Control (LAC) between the two countries to change the status quo.

The comments from the Chinese embassy in New Delhi came days after the foreign ministers of the two countries—S. Jaishankar of India and Wang Yi of China—met in Moscow and seemed to have worked out a temporary truce. It comes ahead of another meeting of senior military commanders expected this week to work out a disengagement plan.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

According to the good Lt. General it is up to China to find a way out. They should initiate the discussion if they want an exit and India can currently just wait it out while keeping the gains on the ground in hand.
China miscalculated India resolve, needs exit strategy now, says former Ladakh corps commander
Describing the situation at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh as “not only serious but extremely sensitive”, the retired lieutenant general, who also commanded a division at the McMohan line in the northeast, said that while the standoff is still on, India is in a much better position now in both banks of the Pangong Tso, following the military manoeuvres at the end of August.

“I think the Chinese always felt and I think they sold it to themselves that Indians would be weak and they can be pushed around. Now they have realised that Indians are not a pushover,” Lt Gen Pannu told ThePrint. “They should have made these calculations earlier before they started this operation in the month of May itself. They should have known that India is not a pushover, but I think they are still living with the 1962 syndrome.”
Lt Gen Pannu said the ball is in China’s court to disengage. “When I say the ball is in China’s court, it means that they are the ones who initiated the aggression and hence it is their move to disengage,” he added.

He said India’s quid pro quo, known in military circles as QPQ, under which it has occupied certain territory (southern bank), is making China “absolutely uncomfortable” and they are surprised about it.

“But still the Chinese will have to play ball … China will have to come out with an exit strategy… It should be China which should pick up the call and initiate a dialogue,” he said talking about leadership level parleys.

“If both do not back off, either you are headed into a standoff which is going to be a longish standoff or you are going to fight a war … If they (China) end up fighting a war, it goes contrary to their own strategy of winning a war without fighting,”
he said.
The former Army officer added that Xi Jingping and his advisors felt that the whole world is already suffering from the weight of Covid and hence it is the time to push around.

“They have made a calculation to make Xi the leader in the world. Xi is obsessed about himself and his power. They clearly need to work on an exit strategy. I hope better sense will prevail and they will come with a practical strategy,” he said.

Lt Gen Pannu added that the whole world needs to rally around and “catch this bully from all sides and do not allow this bully to destroy the world”.
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

FrontalAssault
@FrontalAssault1
·
18m
Just In: PLA mobilisation noticed in depth areas of Arunachal Pradesh along LAC. India Army keeping close watch on PLA movements in the areas opposite the Asaphila, opposite the Tuting axis and the Fish Tail-2 area.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

This Modi just clean-up the act is just a cover. No one cares deep inside, but they will put up a show to keep their woke progressives happy.
After all they still deal with the organ harvesting CCP.
Correct. In the quest for cheap factory widgets and high returns, the west has been blind to the brutality and inhumanity of the CCP right from it's inception. What they have done and continue to do would put Pol Pot and Taliban to shame and yet because of the Kissinger partnership the west has turned a blind eye. Thanks to our sold out and copy cat media + the commie stranglehold on Indian education, most Indian's are also blind to what the CCP is. They literally view them as cute pandas instead of the soulless emoticons they are.
A fight against the CCP is a good fight and a Dharmic fight. It's a bigger fight than the border fight. Whoever brings them down would be doing humanity and the earth a big favor - now it may not be us. Once you study what they have done and what they have created, you will understand why the border bludgeoning of our soldiers was nothing for them and the only thing keeping them in check is the counter by the Indian forces. They have no concept of morality, no concept of humanity and 0 empathy. This is not hyperbole but the truth.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Shri RN ji mentioned that the CCP/PLA have landgrabbed 38000 sq.km of land in Ladakh and 5180 across Shaksgam valley. Strong statement to make on the floor of the house
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

There was no mention of depsang. Hot Spring and pangong was mentioned.

Wonder what's happening in Depsang.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.gunnersshot.com/2020/09/sin ... d.html?m=1
SINO INDIAN LOGJAM : AIM , CAPABILITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ANALYSIS by LT GEN P R SHANKAR(R)
  • I am now even more convinced that the Chinese targets were the DSDBO Road at the Galwan-Shyok Junction and the Gurudongmar Road, through Naku La. These incursions, if successful, would have enabled China to achieve its aim while presenting a nightmare scenario for India. Others at Depsang, Gogra, Pangong Tso and Demchok were supporting actions. However, Naku La was blocked by alert Indian action. The weight shifted to Eastern Ladakh.
  • Any idiot who reads history would tell you that India’s forte is counterattack - 1947, 1965, 1971 and Kargil. True to form, given time, India has turned the tables. It is now fighting classic mountain warfare. Hold the tops – Finger 4 and South Pangong Tso heights. China is plain bound, and will hereafter be dominated. China is fighting with the hills while India has taken to the hills.
  • Status quo ante is passe. Holding the heights South of Pangong Tso up to Rezang La virtually closes most avenues to Leh while opening own offensive options. This ridge line should never be vacated. PLA can keep sitting on the Fingers and open up tourist activities there. Those in power will be historic villains if these ‘Strategic’ gains are given away just as those are, who gave Haji Pir back to Pakistan. {Bats for the NEW status quo}
  • The PLA has a ‘Stability – Instability’ paradox’. The PLA might have great equipment, sophisticated infrastructure, and faster communications. Their Command and Control structure at Theatre level must be great. Very stable at the top. At the lower levels, lack of battle experience and operational adaptability is palpably apparent.
  • Tactically well dispersed and deployed Infantry and Artillery in mountains as well as Armour tucked into folds in defensive positions in high altitude plains will not be affected by rocket ammunition spraying all over. On the other hand, Chinese positions, concentrated in plains, near permanent bases / non tactical staging areas are sitting ducks for own direct firing weapons, Artillery and Air Force. Their bases can be dislocated. Aim for that clinically.
This even as the Chinese have occupied Indian territory while India has not or very little compared to China.
Last edited by pankajs on 15 Sep 2020 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

YashG wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:
There in one line u summed up the article.

Alternatively if our GDP did well, no one will have any issues about what Modi does. Han army cannot in any case do much to us militarily. But hot borders will not let Modi focus on economy fulltime. (our finmin cnt do a thing well).
Except that I pointed out in the following key lines in my post that the article, as summed up, is pathetic nonsense. Which lines you omitted above.

I repeat,a. There is no evidence of the West ever having supported any country as reward for having been a good boy in the way he is begging Modi to be. and b. anyway no “liberal” will accept any appeasement from Modi short of self-immolation (and maybe not even then).

If anything this ridiculous article by what seems to be a ridiculous man only highlights the dilemma into which Modi’s facing up to China has thrown the anti-chinese Modi-haters of the world: they understand now that the hated Modi is their only hope against China, in view of their impotence brought about by corporate greed and corruption (all that barking and not a single western country has even banned a single chinese app), and are desperately trying to do maya to make Indian fools believe that it is the other way around—Modi needs the West.

Modi will gladly take Western help if it is available but when it comes to safeguarding India’s vital interests, he is perfectly fine with doing it without western help.

This is more than western countries themselves have been able to do for themselves. That fact, along with Modi’s lowly origins and outsider status, is a bitter pill for scum like this Baloney guy.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://www.gunnersshot.com/2020/09/sin ... d.html?m=1
from the above link
VIEWS OF LT GEN MANBIR DADWAL (RETD)
MY CORPS COMMANDER UNDER WHOM I COMMANDED MY BRIGADE IN COUNTER INSURGENCY

What we need to realise is that HAN tribe of China are no warriors.
They are slimy and will use every dirty trick to gain advantage.
Old Indian temple sculptures show Chinese stabbing Indian traders in the back.
They have never won any war other than some local ones.
We have given them too much respect after Nehru's folly.
HAN community got rapped by Koreans and Japanese
The only war they won was against India.
Thank some … idiots for that.
We can DEFEAT them any time
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1654484

Link to
Text of Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh’s Statement in Lok Sabha on September 15 Regarding Situation on Eastern Border in Ladakh
kumarn
BRFite

Post by kumarn »

wig wrote:https://www.gunnersshot.com/2020/09/sin ... d.html?m=1
from the above link
VIEWS OF LT GEN MANBIR DADWAL (RETD)
MY CORPS COMMANDER UNDER WHOM I COMMANDED MY BRIGADE IN COUNTER INSURGENCY

What we need to realise is that HAN tribe of China are no warriors.
They are slimy and will use every dirty trick to gain advantage.
Old Indian temple sculptures show Chinese stabbing Indian traders in the back.
They have never won any war other than some local ones.
We have given them too much respect after Nehru's folly.
HAN community got rapped by Koreans and Japanese
The only war they won was against India.
Thank some … idiots for that.
We can DEFEAT them any time
Echoes our own Chola ji!
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

I have to agree with the General. Wonder how did we not get the heights at Spangur gap earlier. Such a strategic location. The Chinis have a post at Black top with roads. We did nothing.

One can argue the Finger 4 -8 provides a similar path through up North, however those places are not as wide as Spangur gap.

Need to build roads to the heights at Spangur. I feel our move might be more do with Depsang. There is no way we will leave the Spangur heights for Fingers..
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/TheZaiduLeaks/statu ... 6392256514
Indians are now worried as China has just deployed amphibious assault helicopter in Pangong Tso lake in Ladakh.

These attack helicopters are proven to be very deadly in battlefield as their debris during crash can kill any Indian Soldier within its range.

Checkmate India!
Don't forget to check the video
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vimal Stop complaining so much.
There is a lot of bile being spewed on GOI from many sources.

This border incident is making that come out.
So its on topic.
And let me assure you admins have hands full without trying to cater to every report.

Peace.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Also YashG no need to keep posting discussion on non subjeccts.
We have the Strat Forum China thread if you seek.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Last edited by Philip on 15 Sep 2020 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Latest info says that the PLAAF is deploying several H-6 strat bombers in Ladakh.Armed withz variety of standoff missiles from 2000kmm ,they could pose a serious threat to our naval forces and shipping in the IOR. Thd PRCis also expected to also operate their H-6s from Paki air bases to offset the huge disadvantage they have against India not only in the IOR but also in the ICS.