2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
vimal
BRFite

Re: 2020 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by vimal »

Thakur_B wrote:
vimal wrote:I don’t understand all the support for workers violence on this forum. If you are underpaid then the usual escalation ladder is HR, Labor courts and media.
Doesn't work. Labour commissioner system is broken and corrupt as hell. Courts take year to settle the case. Media / PR is available at a pittance. You go against the corporate and you find yourself out of job. That is the sad reality. Just look at this case, it has taken close to 10 days just for the fact to come out that the workers were not being given their due share after a massive ruckus.

In the contracts that I manage, I have to arm twist the contracting agencies to release the minimum wages, ESI, EPF dues. Despite all the laws, without a Danda from principal employer, the agencies flout rules with impunity. The more unscrupulous agencies open new accounts for workers, confiscate the ATM cards, show full minimum wage transactions in account and withdraw a portion of salary credited to workers as cash thus evading punitive action from principal employer.

With the speed with which Apple has distanced itself from Winstrom indicates Apple has credible info that Winstrom management was well aware of the shenanigans and Apple wants to sidestep the legal sitaron that will follow.

Further, violence does not happen in vacuum. It usually takes weeks or months of failed peaceful efforts before even demonstrations happen. Because workers know they are easily replaceable. In a country where firms employ engineers to do the work of machinist, machinist to the work of fitter, fitter to do the job of unskilled helper, workers know they will be replaced immediately at the first sign of trouble making.

Just my 2 paise.
Classic whataboutery and commie ploy to attack capitalist and business!

* We all know legal system in India is a mess how but does that justify violence? Furthermore, courts and contracts are in the purview of GoI and state government so why should Wistron or any business be punished for it? And if we can justify violence for these then everyone should be allowed this luxury leading to a total anarchy.
* It is clear from previous posts and news items that workers did not attempt to even reach out to the labor courts before resorting to violence.
* Violence was led by a commie leader who brought protestors from outside to cause massive damage. Exactly like how it was done at Sterlite and Nokia. This was their idea of revolution against the capitalist.
* This is a free country and nobody is forcing any engineer to work as a machinist or helper. If you don't like a job don't signup or find a new one.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

https://indianexpress.com/article/citie ... s-7112860/
tribute paid t o 41 farmers from Punjab who died in protest.
when? Did anyone hear of these deaths? :shock:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

typical hinduphobic gau mutra jibes being passed at Singhu border protest.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

IndraD wrote:https://indianexpress.com/article/citie ... s-7112860/
tribute paid t o 41 farmers from Punjab who died in protest.
when? Did anyone hear of these deaths? :shock:
All cooked up.
There are no exact lists of persons who died in Delhi morcha or on the way to Delhi. It is stated that more than 26 out of these died after November 26 in Delhi or on the way to or while coming back from Delhi. Among these victims were two women: Tej Kaur, 80, who died at Budhlada as she accidentally fell on railway track on October 8 and Gurmail Kaur, who died of heart attack during a protest at Bathinda.

Farmers started going to Delhi from November 26 onwards from Punjab and the first death happened on November 27 when Dhanna Singh, 45, of a Mansa village died when a tractor in which he was going was hit by a truck from behind near Bhiwani. His family was given Rs 5 lakh in compensation by the Punjab government.

In Delhi, many farmers died due to cold weather while few others in road accidents due to fog. Kokrikalan said, “All farmers who were members of BKU (Ugrahan) have been given compensation by Punjab government ranging from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.”
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

nandakumar wrote:
vijayk wrote:https://www.indiatoday.in/news-analysis ... 2020-12-18
As farmer protests continue, here’s a comparison between India and China farming policies

The ongoing debate on India’s farm policies invites comparison with China whose agricultural output, investment in research and development concerning farming practices and incentives to farmers are better.

Lot of good/interesting charts and facts
I am not an agriculture expert. But from the little I know, multiple cropping of rice is in a given unit of land increases yield per hectare. For instance large chunks of land is used to cultivate rice three times a year. I suspect that is responsible for high yield per hectare for a given calendar year. utilisation. For instance a large chunk of land is used to grow three rice crops in a year. So naturally output per unit of land in a given year would be higher. In contrast in India crop diversity is a feature. In Punjab the land is used for rice which is then used to grow wheat
and in a few cases the land is also used for a third crop to complete the year. I have heard that Monsanto was putting pressure on the Punjab Government to delay cropping of rice after wheat harvest so farmers can be persuaded to grow GM corn. So yield per hectare is not apple to apple comparison.
I think the article was a balanced one and points to shortomings on both sides.

The chart posted above also seems right. Wheat and Rice are staples, so their production seems to follow the chinese rate of growth.

Corn is not a staple as far as I know in any part of India. I guess it is used for animal feed in other parts of the world. Probably for pork production in China. This industry is not very large in India. So there seems no reason to have similar level of production here.

Cerals, I guess implies breakfast cereals. Again consumption of these is not as much as rest of the world.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

There was a time when Yogi Adityanath was jailed for 11 days by the Mulayam government .
After that he didnt look back and now the rest is history .
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Cereals are wheat rice sorghum barley millet etc. Essentially staple crops.

Maize is mostly animal feed in China. What these charts lack is milk production. Maize is a proxy for (animal) protein. Indian animal protein is largely in the form of milk. Egg and chicken production would have been useful also.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

triank wrote:
Vayutuvan wrote:
(the protests-organising unions now finding it increasingly difficult to retain people at the venue and bring in more. protestors are getting bored & leaving with their tractors & trailers-lorries.)
Bound to happen ... They need to make sure to wean away many people and announce solid measures.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

ManSingh
I perhaps didn't make myself clear. I was making the point that if you grow three short duration rice crops in a year then productivity of that land measured in terms of rice output would naturally higher compared to say a similar parcel of land in Punjab that used for only one crop of rice followed by wheat and an oilseed crop like mustard. Even productivity of land measured in terms of cereals would be distorted as mustard would obviously not be classified as cereal. Then there is the issue of culinary habits of people that dictates the variety of rice being cultivated in China and India. There will obviously be differences in yield. The larger point I was making is this. Chinese productivity may well be higher than that of India. But the extent may not be as much as a direct comparison of output number per unit land would show.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

An opportunistically allied, parasitic cohort of the BJP.

The divisive dravidian agenda continues unabated and funds continue to flow from the plundered temple donations

The actual question is who is fooling whom :mrgreen:

and now, that trojan horse kamal hassan has entered the fray

ANI@ANI

Amount of subsidy per pilgrim increased from Rs 20,000 to Rs 37,000 for Christians going to Jerusalem: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami

(20.12.2020)
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

There is little hope for India. Bribes in Panjab, bribes in Tamil Nadu. Let me break into song here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dWIHsylmbzw
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This very idea that foreigners can sponsor/fund/support political agitations in India is repugnant.

foreigners include people who have emigrated from India and consequently changed/acquired new citizenship in other countries.

when such people no longer legally owe allegiance to India, their rights have to be curbed, especially the implied right to foment dissent and violence under the guise of "democratic protests"

No other country allows such nonsense from outsiders.

aren't such foreigners, especially from the canada/USA belt who own undeclared properties in punjab guilty of not paying the due taxes to the govts in the countries of their citizenship.

Press Trust of India@PTI_News·14h

Bhartiya Kisan Union (Ekta Ugrahan), one of Punjab’s largest farmer organisations protesting against farm laws, says it has been asked by a central agency to submit its registration details which allow it to receive foreign funds
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Daily cost of protests at the sindhu border is in crores. The shadow puppets funding this protests are yet to be identified. Meanwhile, the income tax dept has raided some punjab commission agents known locally as "ARHTIYAS". In response, these agents have called for bandhs at the mandi for next 4 days.

Another 20 days of protests and another 20-30 crores down the drain will bring out the shadow puppets. I suspect the fund group is the same group as shaheen baug. Kerala based malayali muslim groups(many of whom own profit making companies in Karnataka, kerala and middle east) have been putting heavy money in these protests in the north. These companies and its investors should be blacklisted and put on no fly list as an immediate pressure tactic. The no fly list will terrify them.
Last edited by nvishal on 21 Dec 2020 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

The Indian team continues to set new and unbreakable records :mrgreen:

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

via Subramanian Swamy@Swamy39 · 4h
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

nvishal wrote:Daily cost of protests at the sindhu border is in crores. The shadow puppets funding this protests are yet to be identified. Meanwhile, the income tax dept has raided some punjab commission agents known locally as "ARHTIYAS". In response, these agents have called for bandhs at the mandi for next 4 days.

Another 20 days of protests and another 20-30 crores down the drain will bring out the shadow puppets. I suspect the fund group is the same group as shaheen baug. Kerala based malayali muslim groups(many of whom own profit making companies in Karnataka, kerala and middle east) have been putting heavy money in these protests in the north. These companies and its investors should be blacklisted and put on no fly list as an immediate pressure tactic. The no fly list will terrify them.
btw, not only gunnybags of booze are being found, a protestor reported many sex workers also being caught at the place since past 2 days.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

x posted from the terroristan thread

“We will first capture Kashmir and then invade India from all sides for Ghazwa e Hind”: Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Akhtar in viral video

“Ghazwa e Hind is mentioned in our sacred books. We will first capture Kashmir and then invade India from all sides for Ghazwa e Hind”

– Shoaib Akhtar (descendant of a Hindu Gujjar)

After all cricket & art have no boundaries. After Ghazwa e Hind, India will have no boundaries! pic.twitter.com/sRlYml6xow

— Pakistan Untold (@pakistan_untold) December 18, 2020

Kitne ghazi aaye..

Kitne ghazi gaye...

Kitne niazi pakde gaye

shameless buggers :mrgreen:

via@Tiny_Dhillon
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

ManSingh wrote:
Haresh wrote:
It was a very eye opening experience.

I was asked by a couple of youths if I could help them. They saw me in the village and got talking to me and the conversation went like this

Can you give me a job?
No
Do you know anyone who can?
No
Do you a friend in business who could give me a job?
No
Can you help me come to England,Can you help me move to Europe, Can, USA, Aus, NZ,Can you help me move to Dubai/Gulf
No

They were really desperate, I felt so bad for them, there was nothing I could do.
I tried to explain to my cousin in my broken Punjabi, that the reality was that some would make it out, and maybe sponsor their families to join them, but most would not. Anti-immigration sentiments in the west are hardening.
It was really sad.

Some have been know to sell or mortgage what little wealth they have or to take loans to smuggle one son to the west.
I was intrigued by this, because if they were able to, if they had access to skills training, then they could set up a business and be near their families and have a little business.
Thank you for your effort.
I also should have mentioned that while I was in Punjab, I had the opportunity to visit the Indo-Israel Centre for Agricultural Excellence.
They provide free training for small/medium farmers.
They also sell fruit trees.
https://mfa.gov.il/MFA/mashav/Publicati ... roject.pdf

My farmer cousin brought quite a few trees, I am trying to persuade him to attend the the training courses. More needs to be done to educate the small Indian farmer. Farming methods seemed to be medievel.

One of the things that I find strange about these farmers protests is that the "Punjabi" or "Sikh" establishment can't or doesn't care to mobilize like this to prevent missionary activities, it's only when they perceive a threat to their livelihoods or rather the gravey train that they get excited. Entire villages are converting. Gurudwaras and Mandirs are being turned into churches, families destroyed and............not a wimper.
This really pi$$es me off.
I also noticed several huge American style combine harvester machines. The larger farmers either hire or buy these. The smaller ones can't so use more traditional methods.
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

Haresh wrote: My farmer cousin brought quite a few trees, I am trying to persuade him to attend the the training courses. More needs to be done to educate the small Indian farmer. Farming methods seemed to be medievel.

One of the things that I find strange about these farmers protests is that the "Punjabi" or "Sikh" establishment can't or doesn't care to mobilize like this to prevent missionary activities, it's only when they perceive a threat to their livelihoods or rather the gravey train that they get excited. Entire villages are converting. Gurudwaras and Mandirs are being turned into churches, families destroyed and............not a wimper.
This really pi$$es me off.
'vaaniya hindoo' syndrome. cant think beyond deepening their pockets & nose. dont understand that prosperity can be enjoyed only till demography is in your favour. seeing kashmiri & NE hindus' fate has had little effect it seems. perhaps need an even more solid GPL for realisation to kick in, but am not bojiteev about that.

the section of people actively protesting in/promoting/supporting this middleman support agitation, is at best not bothered or at worst dismissive about this ongoing phenomenon, including my NRI sikh friend about whom i had mentioned few posts back (his reaction to this perversion-sweep was like, "fitte munh, good riddance lol", an attitude not much unlike the example you or someone had cited earlier about normal landholding punjabi who thinks/says that let them LC convert, afterall will work under us only).
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

Hindu landowners (in minority) and converted farm labourers (in majority) in a land -- this situation has always led to genocide of the former in riots. Examples from recent history include Mophlah riots to Hyderabad Razakars to Kashmiri Pandits to Naxals to fate of landowning Hindus in East Bengal during Partition. Now it would be Punjab's turn.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Plus some old methods are also being ignored. My grandfather planted 3 teak saplings whenever he had a girl granddaughter saying they would be used for marriage. Trust me when i say this, they were indeed very handy for the expenses. It does not take much land but can reduce lot of debt related stress.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

That was my observation that conversion of Mazhabi Sikhs is likely seen as good riddance. The hypocrisy of those who reformed the Hindu caste system and now mock it stands naked.

I am not sure I can blame the Mazhabi. He’ll move where he can to escape the derision and exploitation. Of course Christianity is exactly the right place to escape discrimination. Hehehe.
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

sanjaykumar wrote:That was my observation that conversion of Mazhabi Sikhs is likely seen as good riddance. The hypocrisy of those who reformed the Hindu caste system and now mock it stands naked.

I am not sure I can blame the Mazhabi. He’ll move where he can to escape the derision and exploitation. Of course Christianity is exactly the right place to escape discrimination. Hehehe.
It is not majorly mazhabi sikhs who convert. It is Ravidassia's or Balmiki's( hindu actually - not sikh ).

The attachment of Ravidassia community to Sikhism is complicated. Ravidassia's are followers of Sant ( Guru ) Ravidass. The preaching of this Bhakti movement saint is centred on the concept of Begumpura ( Be-gum implying no sorrow ). Begumpura is a place that is classless where all are equals and there is no Hindu-muslim divide. The holy place is Varanasi and there are Begumpura temples across the world.

It is argued ( correctly in my opinion ), that Guru Nanak Dev ji met Sant Ravidass and Guru Arjan Dev ji while compiling the Guru Granth Sahib was greatly inspired by his works on classless society. The teachings of Sant Ravidass along with many other preacher saints form a core of the Sikh holy book. This is why the Ravidass community revere all Sikh guru's and Guru Granth Sahib because the teachings of their patron saint are included in Sikhism tenets ( and writings of Guru Granth Sahib ).

This leads to a complicated situation wherein some members of the Ravidassia community are devout Sikhs and others consider themselves not Sikhs ( but revere Guru Granth Sahib ). It is not Sikhs who discriminate and push them towards a separate identity ( or have separate religious institutions ). The community in itself argues to be classified as Sikhs, Hindu's and now Christians on different occasions.

It is this divide and their core belief in class less society which makes them a target for conversion. The above along with absence of a social security net in India makes situations conducive to conversion. By the way dalit and OBC community are a majority in Punjab and not other/upper class Sikhs plus hindu's.
dsreedhar
BRFite

Post by dsreedhar »

Do the Arhtiyas have to pay any income tax or considered as agricultural income and exempt?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

so far their income was not digitalised and significant part escaped tax net , what I understand but now new bills will change it.
ManSingh
BRFite

Post by ManSingh »

dsreedhar wrote:Do the Arhtiyas have to pay any income tax or considered as agricultural income and exempt?
Not agricultural income. Agricultural income comes from cultivation and/or processing only.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

dsreedhar wrote:Do the Arhtiyas have to pay any income tax or considered as agricultural income and exempt?
The commission income is a business income like stock broking is. So it is liable to be taxed under income tax law. The problem is that the business is entirely based on cash. Secondly if the Arthiyas are absentee landlords themselves then lease rent that they receive from cultivators is agricultural income and hence can be taxed only by the State governments. Tax on agricultural income is a State subject under the Constitution.
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

Things China Doesn't Want You To Know
·
Dec 20
Thousands of workers are protesting unpaid wages at a Pegatron factory in Shanghai. Pegatron is the second largest Apple iPhone manufacturer after Foxconn.

Some workers have been injured or arrested.
December 19, 2020 video - https://twitter.com/TruthAbtChina/statu ... 26337?s=20

unfortunately china doesnt have SFI.
SedLyf.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Watching sacred games on Netflix. So much anti Hindu narrative that can make Pakistan blush. A Hindu monk plotting nuke attack on Mumbai and constantly repeating mantras.
arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

KL Dubey wrote:
arvin wrote:
The other treasury guy Motilal Vohra was also Covid +ve and admitted to AIIMs. At 92, wonder what his condition is ?
Maybe all of them were counting Xi's notes sitting together in the vault and all of them got Xi's Virus. God acts in strange ways.
I believe he recovered last month.
Signora too has chronic chest infection and is in Goa as advised by doctors. So who else were there in the vault?
Fernandes, Hooda, Pitroda, Dubey.
Ok so Vohra ji passed away yesterday. Perhaps the recovery was not complete.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/vetera ... 838575.cms

Both AP and MV passing away in close succession.
Two major losses to congress linked to Xi Virus.
triank
BRFite

Post by triank »

vimal wrote:Watching sacred games on Netflix. So much anti Hindu narrative that can make Pakistan blush. A Hindu monk plotting nuke attack on Mumbai and constantly repeating mantras.
part 1 was still tol-mol-ke-bol balanced (knowing anurag); rather was heavy on rajiv gandhi & congress than on bjp/hindus (barring a few instances like one small one about the BIF's fav 'beef') & had invited the ire of the congoons. but part 2 devolved in sync with the personal devolution of anurag. didnt bother watching it one bit.

btw now that you might've developed some resilience & thick skin after watching SG2, may i suggest other 'gems' from the same garbage-bin, like 'paataal lok', 'aashram' etc with breaks in between of highly objectionable hinduhatred ads of manforce condom?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I never have time but why watch Netflix, it known Hinduphobic channel. Something strange I also find, NRI's watch a lot more movies than Resident Indians do. Not only Netflix but normal Indian movies too.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

If you must watch programs of Hindu phobic channels/platforms or of any pseudo Bollywood actors and directors then please watch it through downloads or from pirated sources. Do not use pay channels/buy theatre tickets and enrich these anti dharmic b a s t a r d s.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

From denying him travel visa to decorating him with America's highest military decoration 'The Legion of Merit', the US has come a long way in recognizing the leadership & vision of @narendramodi.

A glowing tribute to him & India in the citation!

Congratulations, Prime Minister.

via@AartiTikoo

edited to add image

Last edited by chetak on 22 Dec 2020 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

That's nothing.

100% of BJP members & supporters want #RahulGandhi as President

Hindustan Times @htTweets

99.9% Congress members want @RahulGandhi as President: @rssurjewala

http://hindustantimes.com/india-news/99 ... dPmzL.html
via@smitabarooah
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sorry.

double post.
Last edited by chetak on 22 Dec 2020 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shampoo boy tharoor and his childish games

tharoor has been reduced to this; from once being an imagined contender for pappu's puppet PM's post, (al a remote controlled MMS model) along with the other shampoo boy contender raghuram rajan. :mrgreen:

the BJP's performance in his thiruvananthapuram constituency seems to have seriously unnerved him.

May find the going very tough, come the next general elections

Shashi Tharoor@ShashiTharoor

Received today. Seems pretty acute about our ruling party’s prejudices!

and the response