2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Re: 2021 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by vijayk »

kit wrote:
Manish_Sharma wrote:Anand Rangnathan totally crushes liar Kejri, soooooo beautifully:

https://www.facebook.com/10001138070228 ... sn=wiwspmo
please post details ., not all of us want to be in fb :)

vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Re @swamy39

There are reasons to claim

He is probably cia agent
Also a Chinese spy
Also anti hindu
Also doesn't understand his situation (is it called aukaad in hindi??) and rot in his home

I think Sonia might be Russian favorite. Every one should get behind her :))
Last edited by GShankar on 29 Mar 2022 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

GShankar wrote:Re @swamy39

There are reasons to claim

He is probably cia agent
Also a Chinese spy
Also anti hindu
Also doesn't understand his situation (??) and rot in his home

I think Sonia might be Russian favorite. Every one should get behind her :))
If you are really interested than you can read these posts by poster Lilo ji in bharatganrajya about SuSw:

https://bharatganrajya.com/forum/search ... mit=Search
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Manish_Sharma wrote:
If you are really interested than you can read these posts by poster Lilo ji in bharatganrajya about SuSw:

https://bharatganrajya.com/forum/search ... mit=Search
Let's say i have read a few. However I am more in favor of desh getting all the help it can get. Not interested in getting clouded by one narrative vs another. I am balancing the info from multiple sources.

I am thinking this way:
  1. swamy39 is a player in international politics and is connected - be it massa or sri lanka or china
  2. the same/similar connections other leaders also have (developed) including our PM before becoming PM
  3. now swamy39 was never a good fit in BJP - not sure why he joined or allowed to join - may be the some pre-2014 electoral consideration but turned sour quick
With that said, he is a person of some skills and those skills could come into effect for india. In his mind he thinks he is current day chanakya :). Be that as it may, he did come out with some good ideas including the formula for the now ghar waapsi'd farmers bill - make it optional for states but have the bjp ruled states make it a success. And it does seem like he was swept off the floor from the ram temple post verdict proceedings. So, the man does have some reasons (portrayed to be legitimate) to nurse grouses against current leadership.

Ultimately, the responsibility rests with the leadership and upto them to decide who they want to listen to or not. But why is the penchant to only portray the negatives of this guy while there are also positives? Individual likes/dislikes of posters are not really worth commenting.
Last edited by GShankar on 29 Mar 2022 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Tushar Gupta @Tushar15_

If Modi focusses on exports and local manufacturing and endorses capitalists, Raghuram Rajan weeps over human capital and social growth.
When Modi focuses on toilets and other mass welfare schemes, he calls majoritarian policies dangerous for the country.
What a fraud.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Question to maulaners - Now that we don't even get that much external money from western governments and institutions - be it loans or aids.

So, to what end comments from those like RRR matter? Is the pressure that these kind of narratives could be used to limit FDI or any other type of investments?
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Could you please clarify what is the basis for these assertions:
swamy39 is a player in international politics and is connected - be it massa or sri lanka or china
d come out with some good ideas including the formula for the now ghar waapsi'd farmers bill
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Tanaji wrote:Could you please clarify what is the basis for these assertions:
GShankar wrote: swamy39 is a player in international politics and is connected - be it massa or sri lanka or china
I thought these were obvious. In any case, here are some examples that i could quickly find:

1) sri lanka - https://www.news18.com/news/india/ex-la ... 32711.html
2) china - https://www.google.com/search?q=subrama ... +consulate (several chinese links come up that I don't want to open and post here

But this one takes the cake - https://www.opindia.com/2021/12/chinese ... putin-modi

3) US - well we already have established he is cia agent :rotfl: . However, he used to travel to US in the name of VHS meetings and such. One such is probably this -https://twitter.com/swamy39/status/338832677593567232
GShankar wrote: d come out with some good ideas including the formula for the now ghar waapsi'd farmers bill
This is what i could find now - https://www.pgurus.com/subramanian-swam ... -protests/
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Ah, I took the term “player” to mean as someone of influence and connections and who could influence outcomes, hence the confusion.
GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Tanaji wrote:Ah, I took the term “player” to mean as someone of influence and connections and who could influence outcomes, hence the confusion.
You mean like Soros?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shady lady joins wannabe select club of Indian absconders

destination london, just like all the cr00k$ before her

sab se pehle, aap ne ghabrana hai

@ndtv

#JustIn | Journalist Rana Ayyub stopped at Mumbai Airport on Enforcement Directorate's Look Out Circular (LoC).

Enforcement Directorate initiated a PMLA probe against her for alleged FCRA violation over Covid funds.

9:29 pm · 29 Mar 2022
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

No.. I think Suswa is the sort of a man who will claim he has 10 things when has 1. I doubt he had any influence with anyone: Sue he knows a lot of people but whether they act as per his saying it’s another matter. SuSwa claims loudly that they do, but facts speak otherwise. A typical example of his bombast was when in a public meeting he claimed he had set his “Harvard students” to research RaGa citizenship and he would have news soon…. Nothing on that for many years…

Soros is opposite and will claim 1 for every 10 actions, and that’s why he is so dangerous. Plus he uses his own money…
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Moi?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Arvind Subramanian, ex Economic Advisor vomits in WaPo that Indian liberals are taking Losses on every front - foreign policy, law and society, economics, and culture.

GShankar
BRFite

Post by GShankar »

Tanaji wrote:No.. I think Suswa is the sort of a man who will claim he has 10 things when has 1. I doubt he had any influence with anyone: Sue he knows a lot of people but whether they act as per his saying it’s another matter. SuSwa claims loudly that they do, but facts speak otherwise. A typical example of his bombast was when in a public meeting he claimed he had set his “Harvard students” to research RaGa citizenship and he would have news soon…. Nothing on that for many years…

Soros is opposite and will claim 1 for every 10 actions, and that’s why he is so dangerous. Plus he uses his own money…
I don't want to make this as a defense of swamy39. But on Raga citizenship, last I followed, maybe an year ago or so swamy39 said he gave a package to home minister and has not heard back. In any case, this could be googled as well. Even if he achieved one thing, imo that is fine. Who else has done anything similar to that one thing? Let's have names pls. And why is he dangerous? All politicians play up their deeds. No?

But can you say who do you think are influencers with influence? Even to the level of privately inviting a foreign PM?
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

SuSwamy is a one man supahpawah in his own mind ! He has no influence and no allies other than few ardent cheerleaders on twitter and youtube. He keeps threatening to leave BJP but never does, tries to make friends with BJP's bitter enemies but no one gives him time of the day let alone a Rajyasabha seat, so he continues questioning, mocking, deriding the Govt's every decision from farm bill to CAA to Galwan to Pakistan. I have followed this guy since late 90s and there is nothing which indicates he has any influence anywhere including his neighborhood in Chennai forget about Delhi or DC ! He was always bitter and untrustworthy but has become 10x worse with age similar to Shatrughan Sinha, Arun Shourie, Yashwant Sinha etc. His actions in the middle of pandemic, pouring petrol on NEET controversy , his mocking of the government and Indian Army when we were eyeball to eyeball with the Chinese in Ladakh and his intentional muddying of waters when the govt was trying to extract citizens out of UKR shows his devious mind is still intact as is his knack for shooting himself in the foot. Best thing to do is to ignore him.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Arvind Subramanian is :(( in WaPo coz there are no takers for his views in India. Funny !
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Cyrano wrote:Arvind Subramanian is :(( in WaPo coz there are no takers for his views in India. Funny !
the little $chitt is from ashoka university, and nothing better can be expected of such ingrates who only come to India for resume polishing

In March 2013, Subramanian, then a Senior Fellow at the Peterson Institute and CGD, appeared before United States House Committee on Ways and Means hearing on "US-India trade relations." During his testimony, Arvind Subramanian stated that "by discriminating against Indian companies and exporters, (US initiatives) will exert natural pressure on India to open up"
Last edited by chetak on 30 Mar 2022 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

For all the reforms we have taken since 1991, there are no significant reforms to any administrative setup by any administration. We have the same colonial step for standard administrations, police, judiciary and other wings.

The decades/centuries old set-up is no longer capable to support 21 century needs of the people. In fact, the system became a serious impediment to national growth.

We also have no large scale political reforms. By political reforms, I do not mean electoral reforms but reforms to how Election Commission recognises our political parties, how they are conducting their internal elections, how they are funded etc.

These reforms, if undertaken, will transform the nation into a more vibrant national discussion on policies and will weaken the state and nation capital centric broker networks. It is also more likely to throw up more capable political leaders at various levels if we provide for direct elections to all party positions.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Ambar wrote:SuSwamy is a one man supahpawah in his own mind ! He has no influence and no allies other than few ardent cheerleaders on twitter and youtube. He keeps threatening to leave BJP but never does, tries to make friends with BJP's bitter enemies but no one gives him time of the day let alone a Rajyasabha seat, so he continues questioning, mocking, deriding the Govt's every decision from farm bill to CAA to Galwan to Pakistan. I have followed this guy since late 90s and there is nothing which indicates he has any influence anywhere including his neighborhood in Chennai forget about Delhi or DC ! He was always bitter and untrustworthy but has become 10x worse with age similar to Shatrughan Sinha, Arun Shourie, Yashwant Sinha etc. His actions in the middle of pandemic, pouring petrol on NEET controversy , his mocking of the government and Indian Army when we were eyeball to eyeball with the Chinese in Ladakh and his intentional muddying of waters when the govt was trying to extract citizens out of UKR shows his devious mind is still intact as is his knack for shooting himself in the foot. Best thing to do is to ignore him.
exactly ... He is just an attention whore .. He has monstrous ego that needs to be satisfied every second.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Ganesh
@me_ganesh14 @Tweeter_wapsi
MCD poll won't happen for 3 years now. Process is long. First Meger bill need to be passed on & president accent, then modality & tax structure to be decided, Delimitation to be done, Reservation all these will take time also in btw if any goes to court then will go long.
छोटे चौधरी @Tweeter_wapsi
I think BJP has a very strong face in mind and wants to fight Personality-Centric mayoral election.
Kejriwal can't choose a strong personality for Mayor post because he is too insecure..
This may give BJP a fighting chance to win MC once again..
Agree?
Pradip Varma
@Pradip_K_Varma
That increases the problem. A directly elected Mayor will have greater popular legitimacy than an indirectly elected CM.
Whether Centre did it with this intention ... unlikely. BJP has been in favor of direct elections for Mayor post everywhere.
हरियाणवी @HariyaneKaChora
Replying to @Pradip_K_Varma
Delhi Mayor to be directly elected by People is a good stroke by central govt.. Delhi CM vs Delhi Mayor .. people will see work of both
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUtbsPOE944

West used Goldilocks principle on India, will have to change its approach as India rises: Jaishankar

Foreign Affairs minister S Jaishankar said the West has supported India's growth in the last 70 years by using a Goldilocks principle — they didn't want India to be too weak or too strong. Now, as the world becomes more multi-polar, it is in the West's interest to forge a new alliance with India, said Jaishankar.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUtbsPOE944

West used Goldilocks principle on India, will have to change its approach as India rises: Jaishankar

Foreign Affairs minister S Jaishankar said the West has supported India's growth in the last 70 years by using a Goldilocks principle — they didn't want India to be too weak or too strong. Now, as the world becomes more multi-polar, it is in the West's interest to forge a new alliance with India, said Jaishankar.
wow
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

What has been instinctively known to most Indians and said many times here on BRF.
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

chetak wrote:
venkat_kv wrote:
Chetak Saar,
didn't follow this one, what is this about? thanks
p@r@mbir $ingh and his p@rt in all the "charitable" activities in MAH

the vas00li @g@di wanted it all to be handled by the state cops and p@r@mbir $ingh wanted the center to handle it.

The local HC ruled for the state but the SC over ruled it and sent it to the CBI.

Now, many peoples are up the creek without the proverbial paddle and among other things, अगणित multitudes of 0ni0n$ will come tumbling out

whether the "reports" headlines will come out publicly or will it become another case of “swalpa adjust maadi”, remains to be seen

As a big slap to MVA, Supreme Court transfers Param Bir Singh case to CBI
Much obliged Chetak Saar
venkat_kv
BRFite

Post by venkat_kv »

GShankar wrote:
Tanaji wrote:No.. I think Suswa is the sort of a man who will claim he has 10 things when has 1. I doubt he had any influence with anyone: Sue he knows a lot of people but whether they act as per his saying it’s another matter. SuSwa claims loudly that they do, but facts speak otherwise. A typical example of his bombast was when in a public meeting he claimed he had set his “Harvard students” to research RaGa citizenship and he would have news soon…. Nothing on that for many years…

I don't want to make this as a defense of swamy39. But on Raga citizenship, last I followed, maybe an year ago or so swamy39 said he gave a package to home minister and has not heard back. In any case, this could be googled as well. Even if he achieved one thing, imo that is fine. Who else has done anything similar to that one thing? Let's have names pls. And why is he dangerous? All politicians play up their deeds. No?

But can you say who do you think are influencers with influence? Even to the level of privately inviting a foreign PM?
to add to the excellent post that Ambar Saar has written after yours Saar, Swamy39 at one point in 1990-91 defended the shooting and killing of karsevaks and wished for much stricter punishments heaped on them. (there was a paper clipping of his statements from that era posted as an image in this very thread during the heat of UP election campaigns) for him to turn around and claim about Hindu and Ram Mandir reeks of hypocrisy adn rank oppurtunism.

For all of his contacts he has not provided one workable solution. I also can cite some obscure twitter handle for a conspiracy theory and say action needs to be taken, but we know that will not fly in court of law or electoral politics.

His contacts with Rajpakshe and the chinese didn't get any back chanel diplomacy flowing or workable solutions other than self serving procamations from Swamy39.

the rest has been encapsulated by Ambar Saar's Post much better.
bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

As much as I admire S. Jaishankar and the job as EAM, I have this sinking feeling that India requires a statesman to articulate the Strategic Vision of India for others. Dealing with minutae of the past, present and their complicated relationships is all well and good but we need someone to project "What India means to the rest of the World". This vision was last staunchly held by one person called Chanakya who really understood the meaning of India as a nation state. His vision is the beacon light for any statesman to articulate. Many in the world are "tolerating" India because they don't have a perspective on its immense past. A past which includes many seminal discoveries, science, astronomy, medicine and math (gifted gratis to the rest of the world), a teacher for the entire world (so much on philosophy, logic, language, arts, deep knowledge in many areas), a cultural leader (just look at South East Asia and you see remnants of it including China, Japan, Korea), a nation despite its wealth lived as if it does not matter one bit about wealth but tried to teach the purpose of one's own existence in this world and how to live your life celebrating it with various forms of human expression like dance, drama, art and much more. It is this vision of India a unique experiment in human existence that needs articulation and someone needs to firmly state that the current systems are not up to par, we in India have a different vision of the world, much different than the tiring West model and its excessive emphasis on wealth as an end-all goal, oneupmanship, belligerence, military might and so on.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

[Week 3] Fri 4.50 crores, Sat 7.60 crores, Sun 8.75 crores, Mon 3.10 crores, Tue 2.75 crores.

Total: ₹ 234.03 crores.

VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

^^^Hope it crosses 300 Crores before they dubb the movi and release it in the 4 southern languages (this planed).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Pakistan pharma companies withholding $430,000 payment to Indian exporters.

https://www.lokmattimes.com/health/pak- ... exporters/

India has exported $203.68 million worth of pharmaceutical products to Pakistan from April 2021-December 2021.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

VinodTK wrote:^^^Hope it crosses 300 Crores before they dubb the movi and release it in the 4 southern languages (this planed).
Vivek Agnihotri did not expect this reaction else they probably would have had a bigger release. If the movie was shown on more screens then it would have easily breached Rs 400 cr by now. Still Rs 300 crores isnt bad for a movie made on shoestring budget with hardly any funds for advertisement or publicity. Netflix and Reliance Jio will have the movie on their portals starting April, lets see how much they edit it for these OTTs.
Ambar
BRF Oldie

Post by Ambar »

Does Indian Armed Forces have any rules that prohibits serving or retired officers from visiting enemy nations outside of their official tasks ? If not maybe its time to bring such rules . Just saw general/admiral/field marshal Pravin Sawhney tweet that he is in Islamabad for a conference while gushing like a teenage girl meeting her pop idol . How this guy gets away with singing for his pindi masters while sitting in Delhi is beyond me. To make matters worse he seems to have ready access to top generals on cavalry road. Heaven knows how we survived all these years with people like him, Laxminarayan Ramdas, Panag, Uday Bhasker, Dulat etc handling our security.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Yeah, his raw talent is a perfect asset.
Avik
BRFite

Post by Avik »

i think Pravin Sawhney is a true patriot.
His business model is based completely on drawing eyeball revenues only from Pakistanis and Chinese alone. its most Dharmic!!
Kanoji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kanoji »

bala wrote:

As much as I admire S. Jaishankar and the job as EAM, I have this sinking feeling that India requires a statesman to articulate the Strategic Vision of India for others. Dealing with minutae of the past, present and their complicated relationships is all well and good but we need someone to project "What India means to the rest of the World". This vision was last staunchly held by one person called Chanakya who really understood the meaning of India as a nation state. His vision is the beacon light for any statesman to articulate. Many in the world are "tolerating" India because they don't have a perspective on its immense past. A past which includes many seminal discoveries, science, astronomy, medicine and math (gifted gratis to the rest of the world), a teacher for the entire world (so much on philosophy, logic, language, arts, deep knowledge in many areas), a cultural leader (just look at South East Asia and you see remnants of it including China, Japan, Korea), a nation despite its wealth lived as if it does not matter one bit about wealth but tried to teach the purpose of one's own existence in this world and how to live your life celebrating it with various forms of human expression like dance, drama, art and much more. It is this vision of India a unique experiment in human existence that needs articulation and someone needs to firmly state that the current systems are not up to par, we in India have a different vision of the world, much different than the tiring West model and its excessive emphasis on wealth as an end-all goal, oneupmanship, belligerence, military might and so on.

Bala sir,

I am not trying to derail your line of thought. While we do need to spell out our Strategic vision to the world - I think we need to take care of some of our domestic affairs first before the world will take us seriously on our strategic vision.

We are still seen as a power that can easily be influenced - whether by diplomacy or using BIF methods. The recent so called "farmers protest" is the most recent example. The closure of the Sterlite plant in tuticorin is another example where we did not act to protect our interests.

It is only in the last 7 -8 years that we have started to clear out the cobwebs and dirt that should have been cleaned in the immediate aftermath of getting independence.

I am not saying it is all gloom and doom. The Covid pandemic showed the world that we can rise up to the occasion as the pharmacy to the world.

While I agree with you 100% we still have lot of clean up to do for the world to take us seriously.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Correct. Once e take care of internal issues the external sort itself.
Indian weakness was always internal fracture leading to external domination.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karnataka CM Bommai said he will look into objections raised for Halal meat by several organisations.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 538376.cms

Don’t forget that dalits lost their meat businesses and the thousands upon thousands of jobs in the non halal meat trade.

halal practices have forcibly crowded them out of their livelihoods and rendered them destitute

Can only boycott halal when we create jobs for dalits in the mutton/goat meat trade, right from rearing and sale of sheep/goat flocks to the leather export industry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNtV-egWGS8&t=7s

The Halal Economy and Jhatka Meat Movement | Ravi Ranjan Singh

Sub topics:
0:00 PS
1:48 What is Halal
3:20 Halal: legitimate according to Quran
6:00 Halal and Haraam
9:00 Propagation of Halal
12:30 Islamization of Meat industry
16:28 Step by Step Halalization
18:48 Economic impact
21:00 Effect on Pharma industry
24:00 Concept of Paap or punya
28:50 Halal: Jihad the holy war
32:15 Delhi Meat Market
36:00 Government support
39:23 Demography and economics
41:56 fourth phase: Halal Banking
48:00 Halal Stock exchange
55:50 Pending Petition in court
1:00:10 Initiation of Jhatka Certificate

Ravi Ranjan Singh gives us an insight to halal economy that became prevalent and culturally invaded the society.

Being least painful method it was customary in our land, in our society Jhatka was prevalent.

unknowingly Halal tiptoed and took over a major part of economy.

Jhatka means instant, Single-Stroke Slaughter.

Unlike Jhatka, Halal is not specifically slaughtering or meat related, Halal is a concept! This Arabic word means legitimate according to Quran.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I'd say just revert Delhi back to UT status citing national security reasons and be done with it. Have an elected mayor to assist the Lt Governor to run the administration.