Eastern Europe/Ukraine [Feb 6th 2015]

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Re: Eastern Europe/Ukraine [Feb 6th 2015]

Post by sanjaykumar »

As predicted, de-dollarisation has begun. I just wonder why the 200 Washington think tanks did not advise on this, but little me did.

People in my area are not happy with the price of gas (petrol). This usually portends regime change and not only in some far off sheikhdom.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

FWIW:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 032704.cms

Seems better quality than the usual TOI tripe. Informative and has interesting graphics.

I think the Russian objective is to annex the 6 provinces of Pakraine from Lugansk to Odessa, thus making Pakraine landlocked.

Probably they will first stabilize the 4 provinces they are now engaged in: Lugansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhia, and Kherson. Then launch next westward thrust to get Mikolaev and Odessa. The actual naval offensive may start then.

The thrust through Kharkov province seems targeted towards encircling the Pakrainians in Lugansk, Donetsk, and Zaporizhia.
Last edited by KL Dubey on 24 Apr 2022 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Russia In Ukraine Failure of Doctrine or Leadership? Episode 56 | Mj Gaurav Arya & Syed Ata Hasnain

Gautam
yogeshkumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by yogeshkumar »

Zelensky with cocaine powder on his desk. In a conference call with Elon Musk.
https://rumble.com/v121oty-zelensky-wit ... -desk.html

It's crazy that he is being controlled by CIA/MI6 to be the figure head of this war.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Very interesting take by Gonzalo Lira. Including:
1) UKR soldiers being the best NATO soldiers (since UKR soldiers are trained by NATO for 8 yrs + are battle hardened), and
2) These soldiers are losing

All in addition to a Jew financing Nazis, etc

90 min long

Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

I'm ashamed that despite all the growing evidence showing how nasty the Ukrainians actually, including beating our citizens and using them as human shields, most Indians are still buying the western media narrative about this war.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

yogeshkumar wrote:Zelensky with cocaine powder on his desk. In a conference call with Elon Musk.

It's crazy that he is being controlled by CIA/MI6 to be the figure head of this war.
Don't want to speculate on authenticity of the video, but the credit card/ line cutter like thing next to the white powder is a nice touch.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Y. Kanan wrote:I'm ashamed that despite all the growing evidence showing how nasty the Ukrainians actually, including beating our citizens and using them as human shields, most Indians are still buying the western media narrative about this war.
What growing evidence?

Beating up citizens happened in the first phase of the war. It was blood boiling stuff, there were some videos, but has anything new been released since then? I don;t think there has been evidence of systematic long term abuse of Indians. Happy to be proved wrong.

As for use as human shields, that charge has been refuted by no less a source that the Government of India.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 978347.cms

Also I personally would be careful about painting an entire people as "nasty".
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

That was good. Normally such videos are blocked here. I do not know this is still there.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

Baikul wrote:
Y. Kanan wrote:I'm ashamed that despite all the growing evidence showing how nasty the Ukrainians actually, including beating our citizens and using them as human shields, most Indians are still buying the western media narrative about this war.
What growing evidence?

Beating up citizens happened in the first phase of the war. It was blood boiling stuff, there were some videos, but has anything new been released since then? I don;t think there has been evidence of systematic long term abuse of Indians. Happy to be proved wrong.

As for use as human shields, that charge has been refuted by no less a source that the Government of India.

Are you kidding? There's tons of video testimony from survivors and endless anecdotal reports describing how Ukrainians have used civilians as human shields particularly in the Russian-majority regions. We'll probably never know how many civilians were murdered by Ukrainian forces (especially their paramilitaries) trying to flee cities like Mariupol. This is so widespread it's rediculous to question at this point. As for the Indian students beaten and abused, it wasn't just Indians - it was darkies of all varieties from all over the world that got beaten, abused and held against their will by Ukrainian forces, and these reports have been coming from all over the world. African, Arab and S. Asian types got the worst treatment by all accounts. There's first-hand accounts of this all over the internet. Ukrainians are by and large a very racist people with a proud nazi tradition - nobody ever wants to admit this. As for GOI denying our own students' treatment at the hands of Ukrainians, you have to remember at that time in the first 2 weeks of the war, GOI was caught off balance and under immense pressure from the US and its minions to play along. The media campaign and information war was overwhelming. It was in India's interest not to rock the boat at that time, not to be seen as supporting Russia in any way. Later, we started to get our backbone back.

You need to watch some of Patrick Lancaster's videos on YouTube (before they all get deleted). Countless testimonials from survivors about the human shield tactics, fleeing civilians murdered by Ukie forces, etc. You're obviously just following the western narrative.

Indian students describing their beatings, abuse, etc by Ukies on the Polish border:
https://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/i ... 63156.html
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Y. Kanan wrote:
Baikul wrote:
What growing evidence?

Are you kidding? There's tons of video testimony from survivors and endless anecdotal reports describing how Ukrainians have used civilians as human shields particularly in the Russian-majority regions. We'll probably never know how many civilians were murdered by Ukrainian forces (especially their paramilitaries) trying to flee cities like Mariupol. This is so widespread it's rediculous to question at this point. As for the Indian students beaten and abused, it wasn't just Indians - it was darkies of all varieties from all over the world that got beaten, abused and held against their will by Ukrainian forces, and these reports have been coming from all over the world. African, Arab and S. Asian types got the worst treatment by all accounts. There's first-hand accounts of this all over the internet. Ukrainians are by and large a very racist people with a proud nazi tradition - nobody ever wants to admit this. As for GOI denying our own students' treatment at the hands of Ukrainians, you have to remember at that time in the first 2 weeks of the war, GOI was caught off balance and under immense pressure from the US and its minions to play along. The media campaign and information war was overwhelming. It was in India's interest not to rock the boat at that time, not to be seen as supporting Russia in any way. Later, we started to get our backbone back.

You need to watch some of Patrick Lancaster's videos on YouTube (before they all get deleted). Countless testimonials from survivors about the human shield tactics, fleeing civilians murdered by Ukie forces, etc. You're obviously just following the western narrative.

Indian students describing their beatings, abuse, etc by Ukies on the Polish border:
https://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/i ... 63156.html

Saar I read that wall of text, and boiled it down.

You may attack me personally but it's clear that

(a) There is NO growing evidence as you claim that Indians have been systematically harassed.

(b) Even the Indian MEA (!) has denied that Indians were used as shields,

(c) Your original claims - 'growing evidence' and 'shield' are unproven.

Please bring facts, sources and data to your claims. Statements such as "Ukrainians are by and large a very racist people" are derogatory, absurd, laughable, and themselves racist.

I'll ask one question- The Indian MEA has denied your claim. Are you saying that the India MEA is wrong?
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Y. Kanan wrote:

LOL.

"Western narrative" is not to be trusted. But some "Patrick Lancaster" and his poorly-funded, ill-conceived Youtube rants are supposedly unimpeachable.

:D
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

I am curious what evidence you want of Indians being harassed: you yourself admit that Indians were harassed in the initial phase of the war in your post. There are testimonies and videos of this. After that there are no more Indians left in Ukraine to harass. The opportunity of harassment has come and gone, Ukranians made full use of it.

There are also video reports of Bangladeshi students being held as human shields.

Why the need to whitewash the Ukranians actions?
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

The last few days, the Ukr Nazis have been taking quite the pummeling. Losing swathes of land across many zones
In a few weeks/months
1. They will lose access to the coast and become a landlocked pakistan
2. Lose all of the entrenched troops east of Dneiper
3. Russia gets some very good fertile land and a decent industrial base, as well as a few hundred km's of neutral land
4. Finland / Sweden will be joining NATO [but since they are not the euro jihadis , they prolly wont be fully NATO whoremongering like Ukr wanted to be

Europe is literally financing the war for Russia. [high commodity prices]
I am laughing at desis using western metrics of Russian troops has low morale, 8 generals killed, bad food, bad training,, so slow.. blah blah blah. Ultimately Russia will slowly grind the Ukr into dust and there is nothing the Ukr can do or the propagandists can do as well.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Very few western journalists have ventured beyond their 5* hotels in Kyiv or Lviv. French journo Anne-Laure Bonnel has covered the real human side of conflict zones in many places (Unkil has kept her busy!) and has covered Donbass for many years. She is a pariah among French "Lefty Sciences Po" journo community and they ridicule her since she dares to step out of Parisian A/C studios and venture out sans make up and report from the ground with war grime on her face. Patrick Lancaster has been around Donbass for a few months now, and while one can never know how selective he is or not, his amateur reporting is the unfiltered truth. Ann-Laure and Patrick - who qualify for a balls of steel award IMO, are 100x more credible than the totally woke and stupid media clique that produces the drivel we call "western narrative", who simply relay the stories produced by elensly media machine as-is with zero cross checking or investigation.

Pitting a monster Putin against angel elensly as protagonists of a modern day European war with images of blond blue eyed corpses and blooded victims is the kind of journalistic utopia western media would die for (figuratively of course, because they never venture out into the field, and anyway Kyiv regime won't let them anymore)

Coming to Indian students being harassed, there were surely a handful of specific instances of ill treatment and shoving around/beatings by security people at the borders during evacuations. Harassment is repeated, intentional incidents of the same with some bias or motive. Whatever I've come across, DOEST NOT elevate these incidents to that level. Indians and other foreigners are likely to get treated similarly in any western country in similar circumstances. Most border guards I hear were more focused on extracting money from well heeled blond ladies fleeing with suitcases of $$$ than shoving and kicking hapless Indian students. Plus the huge diplomatic pressure India has put on Kyiv regime must have helped.

Much as I despise the current Ukrainian regime, Ukraine in general must have been sufficiently welcoming to have nearly 20,000 students going there year after year. That wouldn't have happened if they had a fundamental racial bias towards Indians _that manifested_ as repeated ill treatment or violence amounting to harassment. Unless there are more evidences and victim/witness statements, I wouldn't hang this around Ukranie's neck irrespective of how pervasively neoNazi controlled I believe their society has become over the past decade.
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

Not sure if posted, but missile strike in western Ukraine city of Lyiv. This was from 6 days ago btw
Three cruise missiles pin point strike
https://t.me/intelslava/25787
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Lviv and Odessa are major receiving, triage and dispatch hubs for western military equipments and volunteer fighters. They will be targeted heavily in the coming days.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Cyranoji , no one is claiming Ukraine is similar to the US of 1950-60s with hooded men going around lynching people. Ultimately these days money talks and the 10-12k Indian students there are a good source for the Ukranian industry for fees. I am sure they were treated reasonably well. Does it have an active Nazi sympathising population? Yes to that as well and both co-exist.

The issue is of whitewashing what happened when Indians tried to leave and down play the harassment and that at least some other skinned people were used as shields.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Its the word "harassment" I have a problem with. This is sadly an era where "ethnic cleansing", "genocide" etc are thrown around casually by camps we strongly disagree with.

I'm not even evoking the possibility of some of our pesky students not obeying orders of the border police (who have found themselves in a chaotic, tense and potentially explosive situation where thousands have arrived suddenly at border posts which are never designed for such situations), until a bit of danda is wielded. Things could have got much worse if some fellow who couldn't take it started firing. But we've beaten this horse enough I suppose.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

yogeshkumar wrote:Zelensky with cocaine powder on his desk. In a conference call with Elon Musk.

https://twitter.com/abunin/status/15154 ... 070VeZ1e8A

now listen to that guy above link and see what you think :x
dnivas
BRFite

Post by dnivas »

Another link to the caliber attack on a warehouse in Lyiv
This can be played from telegram directly on your browser. This was from 6 days ago
https://t.me/anna_news/29509

India needs to make massive order or anti tank
massive missile reserves
chip production
Fuel [This could be a huge limiting factor]
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Scott Ritter "the Javelin missle myth."

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

anmol wrote:Scott Ritter "the Javelin missle myth."

We need to be able to independently verify anything Scot Ritter is saying. Apparently he was trapped in a pedo ring about 10 years ago by the FBI.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Tanaji wrote:I am curious what evidence you want of Indians being harassed: you yourself admit that Indians were harassed in the initial phase of the war in your post. There are testimonies and videos of this. After that there are no more Indians left in Ukraine to harass. The opportunity of harassment has come and gone, Ukranians made full use of it.

There are also video reports of Bangladeshi students being held as human shields.

Why the need to whitewash the Ukranians actions?
I presume that this post was meant for me.

I challenged OP's statement that there was "growing evidence" that Indian students were harassed. There were a few instances recorded in the beginning but that's hardly 'growing evidence' to go ahead and state, as OP did, that Ukrainians as a nation were racist.

OP stated that Indians - not Bangladeshis- were being used as human shields. I gave an MEA reference to refute his claims. Whether Bangladeshis were being used as shields can be debated, there was a video of 5 Bangladeshi students who said it, but I'm not sure what came of it. I am happy to be informed of any development post that.

How this translates to trying to 'whitewash Ukrainian actions' is beyond me.

For the record I, along with @Rudradev ji, were among the first here to opine that Russia had gotten itself in a trap in this war. It was an unpopular opinion at a time when their blitzkrieg was seemingly going great. Then, after Russia's departure from Kyiv and seeming retreat, I also said that Putin's popularity, Russia's ability to absorb losses, and just incredibly strong national will meant that they were being underestimated.

All that to say that I'm backing only two horses in this war - India (which hopefully all of us are) and the desire to find out what's happening, without taking a side. To the latter, I will question anything ghat seems plain emotional/ not factual. And am happy to be corrected.
Pratyush wrote:
anmol wrote:Scott Ritter "the Javelin missle myth."

We need to be able to independently verify anything Scot Ritter is saying. Apparently he was trapped in a pedo ring about 10 years ago by the FBI.
For one, those charges were debated and debatable (he went to prison but there are nuances). For another, if you just watch this specific video, he makes an interesting case about the javelin, which has nothing to do with any pedo tendencies he may have. John ji, Deano ji, Cyrano ji your thoughts?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I had watched that video a few days ago. My basic issue about what he is saying is that the missiles effectiveness is not as much as it is being claimed.

My counter to that is, does that make any difference to a killed tank what killed it. Stugna, Javelin, or NLAW. A dead tank is a dead tank.

It also doesn't matter if the dead tank has taken multiple missiles/ shots before blowing up.

On the battlefield a dead tank is a dead tank. Unless it killed several other vehicles or enemy fire teams before dying. In which case it's a hero. And the crew has gone to tanker heaven.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

All military equipment sellers exaggerate claims of effectiveness. That's why buyers conduct extensive trials. Equipment performs best when well trained soldiers use it correctly in the right conditions.

Javelins would perhaps do well if used correctly and aimed at the weakest part of the tank, treads to cripple, junction of turret and hull or top attack, at the right distance. If it hits directly on ERA it may get bounced.

They contain sensitive electronics that may get affected if they were banged about in the field prior to firing. Hard to lug around in full packaging for infantry men to be in pristine condition before being aimed correctly at a moving target at optimal distance and fired.

So many factors determine actual performance in battle.

Scott is right about one thing, they are no silver bullets. However I wouldn't want one aimed at me if I were in any vehicle or tank.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

BTW, Scott's private life has nothing to do with how we should view his professional opinion. this "branding someone for life" is the antechamber of boycotting, canceling someone with whom one doesn't agree on any pretext. These type of reactions are typical American behaviours that are at odds with their enshrinement of free speech and not worthy of emulation.
m_saini
BRFite

Post by m_saini »

Baikul wrote:For one, those charges were debated and debatable (he went to prison but there are nuances)....
Are these the "nuances" you speak of?
Scott Ritter paroled in online sex case
...after Barrett Township police presented evidence that in 2009 he had masturbated in front of a webcam being viewed by an undercover officer who was posing as a 15-year-old girl.
Not sure why pedophiles are being "nuanced" here.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

https://youtu.be/MN5FBFe8iso?t=575

Scott Ritter went into bit mrore detail about the effectiveness of javelins in this (skip to 9:36):
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Macron re elected with 57% votes est.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

So convenient that anytime someone prominent damages the Cabal's narrative, they get outed for sexual deviancy. Julian Assange comes to mind.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Cyrano wrote:BTW, Scott's private life has nothing to do with how we should view his professional opinion. this "branding someone for life" is the antechamber of boycotting, canceling someone with whom one doesn't agree on any pretext. These type of reactions are typical American behaviours that are at odds with their enshrinement of free speech and not worthy of emulation.
viewtopic.php?p=2546657#p2546657
yogeshkumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by yogeshkumar »

Y. Kanan wrote:So convenient that anytime someone prominent damages the Cabal's narrative, they get outed for sexual deviancy. Julian Assange comes to mind.
It's a typical CIA/MI6 tactic. Whenever there is a movement against western narrative that can upset their world order, they scheme to discredit that movement. Some common tactics used are:
- Accuse them of Rape (ex: Juiliane Assange, even though case was eventually dropped)
- Occupy Wall Street - remember that? Not many people do. It was diffused by infiltration of FBI folks and accusing some participants of raping women in that protest. Those women then forever disappeared after the movement subsided.
- Canadian Trucker protests: They accused them of violent Nazis.
- Scott Ritter: I believe he went rogue as part of UN inspection team in Iraq. (looking for WMDs). As a revenge he was entrapped in online sex scandal (ever open a link accidentally that opened a malicious site? (that's all it takes for FBI to entrap someone)
- Subhash Chandra Bose: British intelligence maligned him all over the world by labeling him a Nazi sympathizer
yogeshkumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by yogeshkumar »

Another thing that media tried to muddle is that Russia is really weak because it's not even able to defeat a puny Ukraine.

Russia is not fighting Ukraine. Ukraine military just happens to be the face of this war .. run and executed by US/UK and other Nato countries. So Russia is really fighting 30 NATO & EU countries, their might (financial, intelligence, hardware, software and so on).. fronted by Ukrainian troops.

That Moskova attack last week? There is a strong likelyhood that UK was directly involved in that attack. As direct as in - UK troops managing and firing the missiles that stuck the war ship. Along with all the intelligence behind it.

In the next phase, we will start to see more sabotage attacks, even within Russia. That fire at Chemical plant deep in Russia this week? And then a fire in Russian Defense Research institute (even north of Moscow)? And today there is another fire at Oil depot in Russia, 155 KM north inside Russia. These just don't happen on their own. These are co-ordinated and executed by CIA/MI6 directly.

As someone mentioned this week somewhere. Russia has good offensive technology (on par with US tech). But their defensive planning is not up to par. Too many gaps and holes. And a bit of indian style "chalta hai" carefree attitude in not ensuring/securing the home turf.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Russian currency went from $1 = 75 roubles to as high as 138 and now back down to pre-war level of 76. With massive gold reserves, liquid black gold (oil/gas), ensuring your customer have no choice, and a serious, real, and actionable hard power, it is possible to defend your currency.

Kremlin warns West: rouble-for-gas scheme is the ‘prototype’

EU has come up with a half baked mechanism where Euros are deposited in certain Russian banks, then converted to roubles and then paid to Gazprom. Not sure who is providing the roubles. If Gazprom is the one providing the roubles, what good is Euros to them assuming they are sanctioned and can't use Euros.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

m_saini wrote:….
Not sure why pedophiles are being "nuanced" here.
I phrased that poorly, admittedly. I meant to say that there are nuances between what he was imprisoned for, and what he is saying in this video on the efficacy of the javelin. These are two separate things, and he presents an interesting point in the latter.
yogeshkumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by yogeshkumar »

chanakyaa wrote:Russian currency went from $1 = 75 roubles to as high as 138 and now back down to pre-war level of 76. With massive gold reserves, liquid black gold (oil/gas), ensuring your customer have no choice, and a serious, real, and actionable hard power, it is possible to defend your currency.

Kremlin warns West: rouble-for-gas scheme is the ‘prototype’

EU has come up with a half baked mechanism where Euros are deposited in certain Russian banks, then converted to roubles and then paid to Gazprom. Not sure who is providing the rubles. If Gazprom is the one providing the roubles, what good is Euros to them assuming they are sanctioned and can't use Euros.
yeah I've been scratching my head as to what benefits Russia gets from this mechanism. I can think of few things,

1) An EU country deposits Euros in Gazprom bank (EU barnch? or Russian branch?). Russia doesn't deposit these in federal reserve or doesn't buy Euro bonds. Rather these get converted to Rubles in exchange market.. so helps to keep the Ruble exchange rate better.

2) What really happened to the Euros? If they were really exchanged in FX market, then all is good. But isn't Gazprom bank banned from FX market? Maybe not? So if its not banned , Gazprom Bank can then sell Euros in open FX market to keep the Ruble exchange rate up.

3) Perhaps.. Gazprom bank can deposit these Euros (the leftover not used in keeping Ruble rate higher on open market) in other Asian Banks? Like Chinese banks? Maybe Chinese central bank can exchange these Euros from Gazprom bank, for Yuan?

But if someone knows better.. please share. Really interested to know how Russia will use this mechanism to its own benefit.
John
BRF Oldie

Post by John »

yogeshkumar wrote:
That Moskova attack last week? There is a strong likelyhood that UK was directly involved in that attack. As direct as in - UK troops managing and firing the missiles that stuck the war ship. Along with all the intelligence behind it.

In the next phase, we will start to see more sabotage attacks, even within Russia. That fire at Chemical plant deep in Russia this week? And then a fire in Russian Defense Research institute (even north of Moscow)? And today there is another fire at Oil depot in Russia, 155 KM north inside Russia. These just don't happen on their own. These are co-ordinated and executed by CIA/MI6 directly.
How is UK involved in Moskva attack if it is involved Ukraine wouldn’t have had to waste a TB.2 searching for Moskva, A Grigorovich class Frigate shot down a TB.2 day before (heck NATO awacs could have given coords and they could have fired it on loc). Please don’t throw around rumors without proper evidence. Hizb did a similar attack on IDF a decade ago (without even drones, they triangulated the location using artillery bombardment) it is not rocket science no pun intended.

Anyway looks like two fires in Bryansk, Russia.

https://twitter.com/osinttechnical/stat ... 0lxvSGyeHA

https://twitter.com/osinttechnical/stat ... 0lxvSGyeHA
Last edited by John on 25 Apr 2022 08:07, edited 2 times in total.
yogeshkumar
BRFite -Trainee

Post by yogeshkumar »

Also, reason Ruble is back to where it was before the sanction is because of Arrogance of EU/US.

- They banned all (most) exports) to Russia
- They effectively banned Russians flying to EU/US.

These two are the primary "sucking" things that required Russians to buy USD/Euros. By banning these two, US/EU has effectively collapsed the demand (need) of USDs/Euros in Russia. On most other things, Russia is a net exporter.

If you think of why India needs USDs/Euros:
- All the indian kids going abroad to study (they convert their Rupees to USDs/Euros)
- India buys Oil and Gas in USD/Euros. (and similar imports)

India now has an opportunity to buy oil and gas in Indian Rupee. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Sign a 50 year agreement with Russia for oil and gas in Indian Rupees. I am not sure whether Indian Government is thinking that far ahead. But it should.

Not long ago (just 60-70 years ago). Indian Rupee was a major trading currency in world. There is no reason it can not be again. We just need to assert ourselves.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks take information wherever it comes from. Don't get hung up in culture wars.