Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
BhairavP
BRFite

Re: Road to the 2024 Elections in India-1

Post by BhairavP »

FYI - go check out Uddhav Thakre's twitter feed. Looks like he really wants to reconcile with the NDA. Hope Modi and Shah teach them a lesson and refuse to take him back. He will be reduced to 2-3 seats after the LS elections.
Arima
BRFite

Post by Arima »

when we can expect election notification would be called by Election commission for Lok Sabha?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

@mauna_adiga

Good Morning

This was published in the newspaper 'The Hindu', maybe in 1950 or so.

It was a letter to the editor, concerning the plight of Hindus under Nehru's regime as PM of independent India.

But this is relatable even now. Nothing much has changed.

Modi's government is trying to break this bubble, but it's still a long way to go.

Unless we Hindus collectively put effort into breaking this bubble, we will continue to live like this, in suffocation.

krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

^^^ This bubble is being slowly broken from the inside by the entrapped Hindus. We are reclaiming our identity and are proud to wear it, that is the first step. Miles to go, but we are walking in the right direction and will reach the destination. The world is (and will be) multi-polar in all respects.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

who imposed Hindi and who continues to do so

Tejasvi Surya criticizes Congress for Hindi imposition.

WATCH VIDEO

the video is 2:33 minutes long and this speech has been made by Tejasvi Surya in the parliament
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

The Tamil script at the bottom of the windshield is a call to destroy Sanatana dharma. A muslim auto-driver in TN.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

AkshaySG
BRFite

Post by AkshaySG »

Deans wrote: 04 Feb 2024 11:20

She will have no problem with BJP at the centre, if she has a free hand in WB. There, BJP might agree to follow the Odisa model, of a few seats at the state and peaceful co-existence.
This is probably much more Mamata reading the tea leaves and distancing herself a little from the decimation the dot alliance is about to get at the polls. She would be fine with continuing her stronghold on WB and hoping for a bigger role in 29

I don't think anything close to an Orissa model is possible because Patnaik and BJP at least agree on a few core points and he is a sensible man whereas she is anti national interest as they come

Countless Hindus and BJP workers have died and been injured in WB based on her orders and I don't think Modi/Shah are going to forget that anytime soon
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

^^^. Didi is worried abt Cong taking away her Pissfull vote like they did in karnataka and Telangana.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

krithivas wrote: 04 Feb 2024 21:47 The Tamil script at the bottom of the windshield is a call to destroy Sanatana dharma. A muslim auto-driver in TN.
I think it is probably best to counter this with an economic veto like the buddhist monk Wirathu in Myanmar did with the 969 movement. Sanatanis should stop patronizing these auto rickshaws and probably other pissful businesses. Will quickly knock sense into their brains.
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

chetak wrote: 04 Feb 2024 21:34 who imposed Hindi and who continues to do so

Tejasvi Surya criticizes Congress for Hindi imposition.

WATCH VIDEO

the video is 2:33 minutes long and this speech has been made by Tejasvi Surya in the parliament
The Kangressi government sneaked in the imposition of Hindi. I have no objections to learning a language to communicate. But I hope the Hindi chauvinists appreciate the fact that the kind of Hindi imposed via second language and worse still teaching social studies in Hindi in KVs poses a huge disadvantage to people from the south and probably from the NE. I was mortally terrified in high school as I scored the highest marks in all subjects and barely made the passing marks in Hindi during my school days in the North.

I wish the guys from the North were forced to learn any South Indian language that would affect their pass/ fail in 10 std. In my circle of friends from the North, not a single person is able to put together a simple sentence in any south Indian language. Most of them still make asses of themselves with cringe Bollywood style mimicry of south Indian languages.

Just FYI - I learned Hindi and am very fluent in the language, but still am bitter about the terror unleashed by the education policy during my school days.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Reminds me of my struggle with French but facility when I learnt elementary German. I was forbidden from continuing with German.

I don’t know what it is about languages that is so emotional. Although from my present vantage or perspective, perhaps urdu was almost as useless as German or French in the non-humanities.
I don’t regret studying it but it is dead or will be soon
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

EVery garbage scum on the left is crapping that south gets less than what they pay in taxes. Here is the breakdown from 2014 to 2024

K'taka share is 41% now up from 32% in 2013

https://twitter.com/ajayrotti/status/17 ... 4729455770

bala
BRF Oldie

Post by bala »

I would caution the imposition of Hindi across India. First and foremost hindi as spoken today is an admixture of foreign languages like Persian, Arabic, Turkic, etc with Sanskrit/Prakrit. There is no national pride in a mongrel language even though it is spoken by many. India needs to revert back to Sanskrit. Over time a 3 language formula is best. The native language needs to be nurtured and preserved, hence state language is a given for Indians. Preserving state language is hugely important. Sanskrit for all would revive interest in ancient texts (BTW, Rajiv Malhotra is on project to get back Nalanda texts from Tibetian sources). There is a wealth of knowledge from studying ancient sanskrit texts, which cannot be obtained anywhere in the world. English over time needs to be de-emphasized as a medium of instruction in schools and colleges. It can be taken as a language for dealing with the world.

India with Sanskrit + state language (you need proficiency in multiple languages) will be mainstay. Angrez/English is optional for those wanting to deal with videsh. Business within India will be mostly conducted with knowledge of Sanskrit and a state language.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

^^^Saar by your logic English is even more a Mongrel language no!! :lol:
Sanskrit has the connotation to religion and the left/peaceful/sikular will go bonkers.
Having said that there should be more push for Sanskrit to be taught in schools.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Bollywood Hindi is a mongrel language.
Not shuddh Hindi of RDS Dinakar or S Pant or MS Gupt or M Chaturvedi .

In my Arya samaj school in Hyderabad which was AP state syllabus in English medium, we also learnt Telugu, Hindi as part of syllabus but there was no imposition of Hindi. Idem in any missionary school. (We were also taught basics of Sanskrit being Arya samaj run school)

My parents put me through additional Hindi prachar sabha classes and by 9th class I cleared Bhushan. But that was outside regular school and totally optional.

I came to love Hindi though I hated extra classes in the beginning.

I fail to understand why so much resistance to learning Hindi as one of 3 languages, which only gives you some basic knowledge. But most importantly, teaches devanagari script - same script for Sanskrit.

IMO a lot of such resistance could be coming from our residual colonial hangover and missionary Padres aversion to all things native who dominated schooling systems for the elite, especially in erstwhile Madras Presidency.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

I don't know if there is a Sanskrit prachar sabha on the lines of Hindi prachar sabha, we need to have one.

Also I remember that Hindi usage was strongly encouraged but not imposed in all Central Govt departments, PSUs and institutes. If one passed Hindi exams it could be a plus in career mobility and promotion. Don't know if it is still the case.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

to and fro between two chief ministers

quite difficult to cross swords with Himanta Biswa Sarma, and the guy didn't even get the name right.....

Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sharma's extreme measures to halt Shri @RahulGandhi 's Yatra reveal his fear. Attacks on Yatris, threats, an FIR, and blocking temple visits show his desperation to please higher-ups. Over 50,000 Yatris, including Rahul Gandhi, were stopped at Guwahati's border. Himanta's plan to use state resources to arrest them will not deter Shri Rahul Gandhi. The Yatra for justice shall continue.

Siddaramaiah avare, 50,000? Throughout the 500+ km journey not even 2,000 people came to see him at one place . Please look at the video you have posted and count the number of people. Assam is with Ram and not with Ravana.
Last edited by chetak on 05 Feb 2024 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Cyrano wrote: 05 Feb 2024 14:19 I don't know if there is a Sanskrit prachar sabha on the lines of Hindi prachar sabha, we need to have one.

Also I remember that Hindi usage was strongly encouraged but not imposed in all Central Govt departments, PSUs and institutes. If one passed Hindi exams it could be a plus in career mobility and promotion. Don't know if it is still the case.
That is an excellent idea. We also need online versions of these Sabhas. Perhaps need such Sabhas for all Indic languages.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

williams wrote: 05 Feb 2024 14:50
Cyrano wrote: 05 Feb 2024 14:19 I don't know if there is a Sanskrit prachar sabha on the lines of Hindi prachar sabha, we need to have one.

That is an excellent idea. We also need online versions of these Sabhas. Perhaps need such Sabhas for all Indic languages.

williams ji,

any letter is deemed to have been written in hindi, if just the signature alone is in Hindi, the body of the letter and the salutation et al could be in klingon, for all they cared.

So, most govt jokers just signed english letters in Hindi, thus fulfilling their linguistic obligations in its entirety
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

In many PSUs, banks, even Railways and Post there used to be a board on which Hindi word for the day was written with English and local language equivalent and couple of example sentences of correct use.

Those were the days of national integration, anek se ek animations and miley sur 😁

Net net there was lot of encouragement but I not saw imposition, and never at the cost of local languages. This whole issue seems like a bogey to me.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Cyranoji
Dakshin Bharat Hindi Prachar sabha if I remember correctly was started by the one and only 'Mahatma'!!.
Aap ek Yugpurusha ke koz mein nikalna padega: to start Sanskrit Prachar Sabha.
Now all Shankar Mutt used to teach Sanskrit/Vedic classes. Not sure if they still do.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

On the point of Sanskrit, IMO, we should resist the temptation to give any undue role for it as a language. It has an incredibly complicated grammar that will at best make it accessible only to highly educated circles. Even the phonetics will make it hard for less trained tongues, let alone the grammar.

If we go to the extent of simplifying the grammar, then we may end up with something like pure Hindi or the old Prakrit. Effort should instead go into research and translation of old Sanskrit texts.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

RCase wrote: 05 Feb 2024 04:42 I wish the guys from the North were forced to learn any South Indian language that would affect their pass/ fail in 10 std. In my circle of friends from the North, not a single person is able to put together a simple sentence in any south Indian language.
IMO, for professional types, this can be addressed by something like the INSEAD approach. If you need to acquire a degree from a college, one of the requirements should be to show a proficiency in the local language for the territory the college operates in. With IIT/IIM/NIT being spread all over, this should over time result in some cross pollination at least in the professional classes.
krithivas
BRFite

Post by krithivas »

^^^ And at the same time nothing stops TN "udan-pirappu's" to open up "Uttar Bharat Tamil Prachar" sabha either.

Hindi imposition was the evil handiwork of Congress especially during emergency. My father used to bring home Southern Railway office memos home for translation. Indira Gandhi was such a maniac that she mandated all office memos in Hindi rightly triggering large scale protests in TN.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Dumal wrote: 05 Feb 2024 18:47 On the point of Sanskrit, IMO, we should resist the temptation to give any undue role for it as a language. It has an incredibly complicated grammar that will at best make it accessible only to highly educated circles. Even the phonetics will make it hard for less trained tongues, let alone the grammar.

If we go to the extent of simplifying the grammar, then we may end up with something like pure Hindi or the old Prakrit. Effort should instead go into research and translation of old Sanskrit texts.
Dumal ji,
Have you studied Sanskrit and it's grammar ? I assume you are saying this based on personal experience, so please elaborate. Else you might just be propagating a myth.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

chetak wrote: 04 Feb 2024 21:14
This was published in the newspaper 'The Hindu', maybe in 1950 or so.
Looking at the font, I think this was from The Hindu newspaper from 1980s or 1990s. That font is distinctly electronic, not a manually set typeset.
Cyrano wrote: 05 Feb 2024 14:03
In my Arya samaj school in Hyderabad which was AP state syllabus in English medium, we also learnt Telugu, Hindi as part of syllabus but there was no imposition of Hindi. Idem in any missionary school. (We were also taught basics of Sanskrit being Arya samaj run school)

My parents put me through additional Hindi prachar sabha classes and by 9th class I cleared Bhushan. But that was outside regular school and totally optional.

I came to love Hindi though I hated extra classes in the beginning.

I fail to understand why so much resistance to learning Hindi as one of 3 languages, which only gives you some basic knowledge. But most importantly, teaches devanagari script - same script for Sanskrit.
100% agreed. With everything. I learnt Hindi as part of schooling, never felt the language was imposed. It is decades since I did my schooling but I am glad I learnt basic Hindi. Helps me travel across northern parts of India. Also, thanks to Hindi Devanagari script/font, I gained access to Samskrith 8)
Yes, that exists too. Samskrita Bharati. I don't know if it is the same equivalent to Hindi Prachar Sabha.
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

krithivas wrote: 04 Feb 2024 21:47 The Tamil script at the bottom of the windshield is a call to destroy Sanatana dharma. A muslim auto-driver in TN.
A lot have tried and we are still here.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

The Guarantee of Brand Modi
https://www.news9live.com/india/the-gua ... di-2400020
06 Feb 2024
His brand is stronger than ever before and is likely to endure beyond 2029.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

rajkumar wrote: 06 Feb 2024 17:36 ...
A lot have tried and we are still here
Maybe.. but we have lost a lot of our land.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

This should generate some strong and also copious odors of burning hair

Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Manish_P wrote: 06 Feb 2024 20:41
rajkumar wrote: 06 Feb 2024 17:36 ...
A lot have tried and we are still here
Maybe.. but we have lost a lot of our land.
The political frontiers of India were not always what we have today.

Nor will they remain what they are today.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Bharat के बंटवारे के बाद जो जमीनें शत्रु संपत्ति घोषित करके भारत सरकार के अधीन होनी थी उसे Waqf Board को दे दिया।

ऊपर से #Congress ने 2013 में Waqf Act को और भी विध्वंसक बना दिया।

एक दिन हमें पता चलेगा कि हमारा घर भी #Waqf की संपत्ति है।

Stop Land Jihad #BringUCC_Remove Waqf

WATCH PUSHPENDRA KULSHRESTHA'S VIDEO

the small video is only 2:18 minutes long
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

Cyrano wrote: 05 Feb 2024 14:03 I fail to understand why so much resistance to learning Hindi as one of 3 languages, which only gives you some basic knowledge. But most importantly, teaches devanagari script - same script for Sanskrit.

IMO a lot of such resistance could be coming from our residual colonial hangover and missionary Padres aversion to all things native who dominated schooling systems for the elite, especially in erstwhile Madras Presidency.
Hindi as a subject counted towards 11th class admissions, and affected the prospects of students seeking to study further.

Now why 11th class in the first place? Because decades of underinvestment in education meant that achieving a 10th pass was a high water mark and fewer places taught 11th grade than 10th grade.

Now again, I do think that the resentment on this front was built up by state level politicians. Because, given that education is a state subject, it would have been straightforward to declare that Hindi would be examined as a pass/fail subject instead of being graded and assigned marks like other subjects.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

I wonder if BBC Guardian NYT reported that Muslim call displayed openly in Modi’s Hindu supremacist India.

What is it they don’t want their audience to know?
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

chetak wrote: 06 Feb 2024 20:49 This should generate some strong and also copious odors of burning hair

Chetakji
The profiles match dont they!! :D
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

^^^Whats on your wish list for 3.0 bhailog? ;) Top 5 please... 2 international, 3 domestic ?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Here is my wishlist for next 5 years

Infrastructure & Health

* Complete clean spaces, both urban and rural. All over India.
* Clean food, water & air
* Solid waste management system (S'gpore model) in all habitats >50k population.
* Responsive law and order. Significant reforms in Judiciary. Law must be applied equally
* Health care for all
* Open spaces for wildlife

Civilizational

* Return of 3000+ temples
* Abolition of Wakf. Common law for all.
Last edited by disha on 07 Feb 2024 21:44, edited 1 time in total.