India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Re: India-US relations: News and Discussions IV

Post by sanman »

vera_k wrote: 05 May 2024 12:29 ^ One possibility is to de-recognize degrees from some US universities for employment, visa or lending purposes in India (akin to what was done to some domestic universities in the 1990s).
Usually recognition comes from the marketplace - ie. employers
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

vera_k wrote: 05 May 2024 12:29 ^ One possibility is to de-recognize degrees from some US universities for employment, visa or lending purposes in India (akin to what was done to some domestic universities in the 1990s).
Easier to deny study loans to students that have been admitted to these universities. Why should money go out of the country and fund those who oppose its unity ?
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

sanman wrote: 04 May 2024 07:59
Vayutuvan wrote: 04 May 2024 06:17 sanman ji, not necessarily. Work-salary ratio is much higher with the last one hired. First one hired would have been entrenched and can slide - See what is China doing now to the US and the West. :mrgreen:
India has had to work its butt off to get US favours, while Europeans had to do much less, and Israel has to do practically nothing.
That's what happens when you're at the bottom of the totem pole.
US doesn't give a second thought about smearing India.
We'll have to show them consequences, to make them understand.
All your responses seem to encourage India to get into a conflict with the US, for whose benefit I wonder.
We are mostly in a transactional relationship with the US which is serving us well for the moment.

Any comparisions with Europe or Isreal are not warranted.
There is race and religion involved in their ties. They get mutual benefit in being allies like reserve currency for the USD, access to US market for the Europeans, security and also keeping their own currencies bloated. That is geopolitics and that is the reality. The US exploits what ever weaknesses we have while feigning friendship and we deal with it in what ever way we can. The power balance is shifting continously between the west and the rest of the world in favour of the rest fo the world. A wise option is to let it continue without upsetting the apple cart. But you seem to have something drastic in mind.

What do you think we should do, to make them understand? Why don't you suggest some steps?
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

hanumadu wrote: 05 May 2024 14:12
sanman wrote: 04 May 2024 07:59

India has had to work its butt off to get US favours, while Europeans had to do much less, and Israel has to do practically nothing.
That's what happens when you're at the bottom of the totem pole.
US doesn't give a second thought about smearing India.
We'll have to show them consequences, to make them understand.
All your responses seem to encourage India to get into a conflict with the US, for whose benefit I wonder.
We are mostly in a transactional relationship with the US which is serving us well for the moment.

Any comparisions with Europe or Isreal are not warranted.
There is race and religion involved in their ties. They get mutual benefit in being allies like reserve currency for the USD, access to US market for the Europeans, security and also keeping their own currencies bloated. That is geopolitics and that is the reality. The US exploits what ever weaknesses we have while feigning friendship and we deal with it in what ever way we can. The power balance is shifting continously between the west and the rest of the world in favour of the rest fo the world. A wise option is to let it continue without upsetting the apple cart. But you seem to have something drastic in mind.

What do you think we should do, to make them understand? Why don't you suggest some steps?
Well said! India will have to conduct independent FP and that means, US will not like it. Yet we will have to extract what we want from various blocks around the world. Right now direct confrontation with the US is not very wise. Our guys know, the degree of sincerity in every FP relationship and will calibrate it accordingly. That is what mature powers do.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

hanumadu wrote: 05 May 2024 14:12 What do you think we should do, to make them understand? Why don't you suggest some steps?
I think India should compete with China in eastern Pacific, and in Latin America beyond it, but our competition should serve to accelerate China's expansion toward eastern Pacific and Latin America.

I think that India should join BRICS currency, and encourage de-dollarization, because US is just hell-bent on spending everyone else's money anyway. They're just trying to devalue the dollar through inflationary spending, to rob every dollar holder.

Everyone here is portraying the current smear campaign against India as purely motivated by interfering in our elections. I think US Deep State is also trying to categorize India as a rogue state as part of the reaction against calls for abandoning their war on Russia to enlist Russian and Indian help in containing China. I think the Deep State is terrified of Vivek Ramaswamy, and would like to smear him as being "stooge of the Indian Kremlin". I feel Indian diaspora in USA should be politically mobilized against that Deep State. They don't have to be pro-India, they just have to be anti-DeepState (which is also the same as being pro-US-Constitution, since DeepState is an imperialist construct that is inherently opposed to the US Constitution)

I feel India should cut ties with Canada, which has done too much to be let off the hook. India should close down its embassy in Canada and expel Canada's entire diplomatic presence from India. I think India needs to make an example out of Canada by rallying the Global South against it. There is strength in numbers. Canada is often a proxy for US anyway, but their latest aggression has over-exposed their hand. Not only should every Global South country be quietly encouraged to thwart Canadas international ties, but every Global South country should also be encouraged to interfere inside Canada, in order to overwhelm Ottawa with too many adversaries to cope with. Trudeau's govt wants to throw India and Indo-Canadians under a bus by encouraging fratricidal hostilities among Indians so that he can cultivate the Khalistan vote. The Blackface-wearing Prince wants to crown himself Mr Diversity, while adorning himself with various ethnic groups as his personal costume ornaments. Let his govt be forced to do more Bishnoi-style press conferences for each and every one of those ethnic groups from every single Global South country, not just India. Let Pappu's ties with each and every one of those ethnic groups become poisoned. Canadian media, including state broadcaster CBC have been taking the lead in vilifying Hindus in particular. It's become like a blood-libel. Let the CBC be forced to try its hand at vilifying more and more visible minority groups, as dangers come in from everywhere across the world. Let them be forced to play Whack-A-Mole, while Canada's narcissistic Emperor Pappu sees his ties with every possible ethnic ornament wrecked. Canada should face so many threats that it doesn't have time to focus on Indians anymore. Let them be forced to cast a suspicious gaze everywhere, like the anxious arrogant Aurangzebs they are. Let that predator Trudeau's self-serving diversity puffery become his poisoned chalice and his crown of thorns.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ Just help make sure Trudeau loses the next election and a Canadian conservative government that can make a course correction for Canada is elected.
hgupta
BRFite

Post by hgupta »

A_Gupta wrote: 05 May 2024 20:03 ^^^ Just help make sure Trudeau loses the next election and a Canadian conservative government that can make a course correction for Canada is elected.
I thought exactly the same until a couple days ago when the Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre bowed down to Khalistani leaders. If he’s willing to do that despite being informed of Khalistani crimes against Hindus, we got no hopes in Canada. It’s a lost cause. We need to stop and close off the Khalistani monetary routes and bar them from entering into India ever again.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

> Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre bowed down to Khalistani leaders
Do you have a link handy? (Clearly I missed seeing/reading about this.)
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

See what the US has admitted onto its campuses:
https://youtu.be/2K17dHRTUhQ?si=T3wwefSLJor77ElJ
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

A_Gupta wrote: 06 May 2024 04:38 > Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre bowed down to Khalistani leaders
Here you go. Trudeau, and also Poilievre appeared at a Khalsa Day event where Khalistan slogans were being shouted.
That event took place a week ago, last Sunday, on April 28.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWQSBpH7Tf8

Like I said, India should cut diplomatic ties with Canada, and withdraw its own embassy from Canada while having Canada close down theirs.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

^^^^^

June 8, 2024.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

sanman wrote: 05 May 2024 18:39
hanumadu wrote: 05 May 2024 14:12 What do you think we should do, to make them understand? Why don't you suggest some steps?
I think India should compete with China in eastern Pacific, and in Latin America beyond it, but our competition should serve to accelerate China's expansion toward eastern Pacific and Latin America.
No, we should help china in any way. What is this china obsession with you? Our number one enemy is china and we should contain it in Asia first.
We already have friendly relations with latin america and global south in general. We should develop them as our capabilities increase. Right now America is not challenging us in our neighbour hood, at least not in the way china is doing. Whatever they are doing, we are more than capable of handling them. No need to challenge the west in their neighbour hood. Let china do it. Also, we are benefitting from china's belligerence towards west in the shape of manufacturing moving from china to India. So why should we throw a spanner into it?

sanman wrote: 05 May 2024 18:39 I think that India should join BRICS currency, and encourage de-dollarization, because US is just hell-bent on spending everyone else's money anyway. They're just trying to devalue the dollar through inflationary spending, to rob every dollar holder.
We are already working on it.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

sanman wrote: 06 May 2024 05:32
A_Gupta wrote: 06 May 2024 04:38 > Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre bowed down to Khalistani leaders
Here you go. Trudeau, and also Poilievre appeared at a Khalsa Day event where Khalistan slogans were being shouted.
That event took place a week ago, last Sunday, on April 28.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWQSBpH7Tf8

Like I said, India should cut diplomatic ties with Canada, and withdraw its own embassy from Canada while having Canada close down theirs.
Thanks!
He promises a direct flight from Canada to Amritsar? Right now the only non-Indian airline at Amritsar I see is Qatar airlines. No way India should give Canada an airport slot.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

This could fit in many threads:
EAM Jaishankar talks Canada's gang wars, political hitjobs & all things 'Anti-India' | ET Roundtable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cf5tBuZxgA&t=628

Transcript portion relevant to India-US relations:

{Biden's "economy faltering because of xenophobia}:

no first of all our economy is not faltering two you know India's always India's been a very unique country I would say actually in the history of the world uh that it's been a society which has been very open uh you know different people uh from uh uh different societies particularly people in trouble have come to India that's why we have the which is to open up doors for people who are in trouble so so I I quite see the point I think we should be open to people who uh who have the need to come to India who have a claim to come to India uh so that would be my
answer

{foreign influences in Lok Sabha elections}

well one I would say it's uh very ideological as I said uh one segment of uh the Western press does it it is a segment uh which has always believed that they should control the global narrative they will determine the global narrative uh they have made in many cases no secret of the political partiality they have indicated open preference for other political parties uh in India uh they have waded into specific issues taking up uh positions so if uh you if they give comments and judgments uh you got to take it uh recognizing where it is coming from I mean these are not objective judgments these are people who very openly declare that they have a stake in what is happening they believe they have a role in what is happening so I would urge you to recognize it for exactly what it is which is it is a way of trying to influence uh politics in India just as they influence politics across the world because when you actually come down to specifics uh

I mean you know we got uh a lot of lectures about how to deal with public every time there's an agitation in India I invite you to see the television pictures today on the screen so I mean to me uh uh the I mean to put it very mildly what they preach what they practice what is their agenda what is their objectivity or lack of it I think those are the realities so you might say this is uh public or this is uh uh this is you know some Think Tank giving a report to me it is politics by other means so I I recognize it and I will call it out [Music]

{India's relations with US Presidents}

no look we don't have a we don't have a favorite I mean I tell people our uh our partner our preferred partner in the United States with the president of the United States whoever he or she may be so uh people I think sometimes overread it distort it try to you know make out that there's more I mean just just and this is not even a trump issue I mean I I go back to Bill Clinton onwards that you had Clinton Bush Obama Trump Biden five American Presidents each one completely unlike any of the others from very different positions in the American political Spectrum but we have shown the ability to get along with with all of them and in fact I would argue that once we get over for these ideological hangups it is even now more easier for us actually to work with whoever he or she in the US may be but since you mentioned the ideological aspect I mean is on on our yeah but not on their that's their business I mean

{Republicans seem to be liked more by the BJP}

no no look I I I'm not sure I would agree with you there because we've had a great working relationship with Biden.

I mean if you look at it the quad has grown from strength to strength uh uh you you see uh today the the push which is happening in the semiconductor uh industry uh you know a semiconductor at a time when this is the most sensitive industry countries are very very careful about where this industry goes who has these capabilities and and the US is very comfortable you know uh partnering with India uh in this uh segment at our defense ties I mean so in fact I I would say pretty much across the board in the last 10 years our relationship with the US has has flowered so uh even politically you know politically there are so many more issues and platforms on which uh we work I mean uh the quad has got upgraded to the PM level the US was actually crucial player on IMEC, US is one of the partners on i2u2 so if you you know if you look even at the changes which we're doing a lot of them involves the US so I I you know I think these these very uh sharp binaries they they don't reflect I mean it's not like Congress goes this way and BJP goes that way I mean the Congress actually has had a hesitation with the US whichever party is in the US and it goes all the way back to Nato [Music]

{foreign influences again}

when you say there is a country what do you mean by a country I mean a country has many moving Parts a country could mean a government a government within a government could mean different parts of the government a country could mean a parliament a country could mean um uh it could mean media it could mean economic it could mean intelligence you know so so I I think to say is a country doing it a country not doing it I don't think that's a right question uh or the right answer uh I I think we have to it's plain as the nose on my face that today different interests in the world and there are self-proclaimed people I mean this is not a hypothetical or a conjunctural argument that I'm making there are people who publicly said on record because of CAA a million Muslims will lose their citizenship in this country why are they not being held to account because nobody has lost their citizenship there are people who said if there are demonstrations in this country which inconvenience the public which block Pathways and by the way you must whatever else you do you must not do anything to disturb that demonstration so how are they handling it when it comes to their own country so when you when you look at these rankings you look at uh you know I I see some of it uh

by the way I saw one today which I must share with you uh as members of the Indian press you'll all be happy to know you are ranked I think number 159 in terms of press Freedom so look come on I mean these are political hit jobs I mean let's let's stop pretending I'm not implying or hinting something I'm calling it out.
Last edited by A_Gupta on 07 May 2024 05:36, edited 4 times in total.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

hanumadu wrote: 06 May 2024 13:41 We are already working on it.
There is no such thing as a BRICS Currency as of now. The China element make it unfeasible to implement it. Those crooks will monopolize it. What is being done is to use their own individual currencies and reduce dependency on USD. If there is a BRICS currency finalized in the future, India still prefer the world to trade in their own currencies and ensure decentralization rather than splitting world into U.S Block or Chinese Block.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

hanumadu wrote: 06 May 2024 13:41 No, we should help china in any way. What is this china obsession with you?
That's because its a Maovadi, Pro China account masquerading as something else. Posts gibberish and subtle pro left pro China views. Typical propaganda account. BR admins are asleep.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

uddu wrote: 06 May 2024 19:43
hanumadu wrote: 06 May 2024 13:41 No, we should help china in any way. What is this china obsession with you?
That's because its a Maovadi, Pro China account masquerading as something else. Posts gibberish and subtle pro left pro China views. Typical propaganda account. BR admins are asleep.
You're saying I'm pro-China? In what way?
I don't accept Chinese control over Tibet, which threatens our water supply. I don't like Chinese penetration into Nepal which again threatens our national security. I don't like China's string-of-pearls attempt to encircle us in Indian Ocean. And of course we know China's support Pakistan to reinforce 2nd front against us.

So you think I support Maoist ideology? In what way?
When I think of Maoism, I think of Naxalism, which amounts to terrorist militancy in India. Other than that, I don't know what else Maoism represents.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

hanumadu wrote: 06 May 2024 13:41
sanman wrote: 05 May 2024 18:39

No, we should help china in any way. What is this china obsession with you? Our number one enemy is china and we should contain it in Asia first.
Yes, our #1 enemy is China, and the most efficient way to undermine China, or at least get them off our backs, is to get them into conflict with another large power. Since America is very powerful and likes to be enemy #2 so much, then America is the best one to get China into conflict with. Ordinarily, I'd call Pak enemy #2, but Pak is now increasingly propped up by enemy #1 and enemy #2 - so Pak is increasingly really a proxy for enemy #1 and enemy #2. Enemy #1 and enemy #2 don't get propped up by anyone else, but they frequently prop up Pak like their sock-puppet.

We already have friendly relations with latin america and global south in general. We should develop them as our capabilities increase. Right now America is not challenging us in our neighbour hood, at least not in the way china is doing. Whatever they are doing, we are more than capable of handling them. No need to challenge the west in their neighbour hood. Let china do it. Also, we are benefitting from china's belligerence towards west in the shape of manufacturing moving from china to India. So why should we throw a spanner into it?
I feel that steering China and America into conflict with each other would avoid directly challenging either of them. Under that strategy, we would not be butting heads directly with either of them, but rather bringing them into position to butts heads against each other. Then they can create more headaches for each other from their mutual head-butting, while we can avoid headaches.

sanman wrote: 05 May 2024 18:39 I think that India should join BRICS currency, and encourage de-dollarization, because US is just hell-bent on spending everyone else's money anyway. They're just trying to devalue the dollar through inflationary spending, to rob every dollar holder.
We are already working on it.
I realize that China wants to dominate any BRICS currency and make that its own pawn.
They are anxious to do this because HongKong is no longer able to serve as their connection to the US dollar, like before.

But likewise, US faces rising debt servicing costs, and the prospect for fewer takers for its treasury bills in the future, which would force it to raise its long-term interest rates. That in turn would lead to perpetually high-interest environment for USA, and permanently depress its growth.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

For US Residents, and also who have connections to Rutgers:
>>>Take a minute to send an email to @RutgersU today. Oppose their decision to cave in to demands from "protestors" to display the Kashmiri secessionist flag on their campuses! In effect this means recognition of Kashmir as a separate entity.

Allowing a symbol of violence and atrocities against the #HinduMinority population of #Kashmir to fly alongside the Indian flag on campus is not only traumatic to survivors and their families, it emboldens and endorses violence and secessionist terrorism.

A large number of #Rutgers students and faculty are of Indian and Hindu origin and would be greatly impacted by such an endorsement of extremism against their people. Such actions advance hatred and bigotry and create an unsafe environment for these students and faculty members.

Take a minute to demand that Rutgers disavow its association with hate and extremism. Let's support our #Hindu and #Indian students at Rutgers!

https://cohna.org/rutgers-disavow-kashm ... nist-flag/
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

Amber G. wrote: 06 May 2024 22:44 For US Residents, and also who have connections to Rutgers:
>>>Take a minute to send an email to @RutgersU today. Oppose their decision to cave in to demands from "protestors" to display the Kashmiri secessionist flag on their campuses! In effect this means recognition of Kashmir as a separate entity.

Allowing a symbol of violence and atrocities against the #HinduMinority population of #Kashmir to fly alongside the Indian flag on campus is not only traumatic to survivors and their families, it emboldens and endorses violence and secessionist terrorism.

A large number of #Rutgers students and faculty are of Indian and Hindu origin and would be greatly impacted by such an endorsement of extremism against their people. Such actions advance hatred and bigotry and create an unsafe environment for these students and faculty members.

Take a minute to demand that Rutgers disavow its association with hate and extremism. Let's support our #Hindu and #Indian students at Rutgers!

https://cohna.org/rutgers-disavow-kashm ... nist-flag/
Done - and shared on WhatsApp
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Czech court rules on extradition of Nikhil Gupta to United States (EDITED as per poster below]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmIydXa2LIY

Does India have any insurance policy or hedge, in the event that US govt decides to charge senior Indian officials?

(I'm sorry to be asking rude questions about defense of India and its policymakers, when some might prefer meek acquiescence and kowtowing, by calling that a "working relationship". There always have to be red lines in any relationship, no matter how large the power we're dealing with.)
Last edited by sanman on 08 May 2024 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

In India the so called senior officials are not independent of the PMO. The US is trying to target the PM by proxy.

The Indian PMO and it's officials were not born yesterday. That they will be bullied by the amature tactics being deployed by the US.

Unless the US is counting on a victory of Papu and thinking that he might just throw people under the bus out of spite. Just for serving in a Modi led PMO.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

Pratyush wrote: 08 May 2024 08:11 In India the so called senior officials are not independent of the PMO. The US is trying to target the PM by proxy.
Oh, I certainly agree. I was trying to get another poster in a related thread to realize that, but some people are impervious to common sense.
The Americans seem to imagine that if they can just "take out" Modi and his senior cabinet, then the rest of the Indians will just fall into line - like some kind of decapitation strike.
The current ruling powers in Washington are really "riding the tiger", given all the different confrontations they are deliberately engaging in right now in various parts of the world. They are playing for high stakes, and therefore they seem to be willing to take bolder & more daring moves against others, in order to prevail.
The Indian PMO and it's officials were not born yesterday. That they will be bullied by the amature tactics being deployed by the US.

Unless the US is counting on a victory of Papu and thinking that he might just throw people under the bus out of spite. Just for serving in a Modi led PMO.
I admit, I'm eyeing India's elections more nervously than most on this forum. I think the US is more than willing to engage in election interference in India, because they think they can score big with that and gain a lot.
Last edited by sanman on 08 May 2024 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 08:03 Czech court approves extradition of Nikhil Gupta to United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmIydXa2LIY

Does India have any insurance policy or hedge, in the event that US govt decides to charge senior Indian officials?

(I'm sorry to be asking rude questions about defense of India and its policymakers, when some might prefer meek acquiescence and kowtowing, by calling that a "working relationship". There always have to be red lines in any relationship, no matter how large the power we're dealing with.)
I am flagging this poster, this is high volume garbage/spam posting. The video states the czech supreme court has stayed the extradition order from the lower court with no time frame for any decision. But the fake headline inserted by the poster conveys the opposite.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

KL Dubey wrote: 08 May 2024 09:28 I am flagging this poster, this is high volume garbage/spam posting. The video states the czech supreme court has stayed the extradition order from the lower court with no time frame for any decision. But the fake headline inserted by the poster conveys the opposite.
Alright, I admit I misinterpreted the news report, and so I've edited it as per your feedback. My point about the need for an insurance policy still stands however, so that is not withdrawn.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The strange thing is the video, the Indian Express, etc., are recycling an event from January 30th, and reported back then, as something new on May 7th. The only “fresh” info that I gathered, that I had had before from Google translate of Czech media, is that there is no timeframe for a decision. So not sure what games are being played here and why.

(In fact in the Czech media, a lawyer had pointed out the contradiction in Czech law, where extradition proceedings must complete in six months with the person either extradited or released, and this indefinite timeframe).

Added: it should not be necessary to point out that a spy agency's intelligence and evidence that can be used in court for a prosecution are two entirely different things.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

via@minhaz merchant

Read this excellent piece by a prof at University of British Columbia, esp marked portion from column 2 to column 4 on what #Obama’s AG Eric Holder said about neutralising terrorists on foreign soil.

Read.⁩

The US would do well to recognise that the principles that it applies to defend itself against the terror threats are the same that apply to India.

There can not be two different standards for the same thing.

What is justifiable for the US does not become unacceptable w r t India.

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Meanwhile\: Russia openly comes out in support of India & rubbishes US for accusing India in Khaliistani Terrorist Pannun case.

Russia said America is trying to destabilize India during the elections. All accusations against India are baseless⚡

"US is interfering in internal affairs of India"

Russian Spokesperson Maria Zakharova said "US has shared no evidence against India. This is an insuIt to India"

Worth Watching This:
<link>
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Just for kicks.

Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

May be they should look at themselves ??

Native Americans protest against lithium mine on 'sacred site'

https://news.sky.com/video/native-ameri ... red%20land.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 09:41
KL Dubey wrote: 08 May 2024 09:28 I am flagging this poster, this is high volume garbage/spam posting. The video states the czech supreme court has stayed the extradition order from the lower court with no time frame for any decision. But the fake headline inserted by the poster conveys the opposite.
Alright, I admit I misinterpreted the news report, and so I've edited it as per your feedback. My point about the need for an insurance policy still stands however, so that is not withdrawn.
Don't do that again of changing the headline of a quoted report.
This will lead to a ban.
sanman
BRF Oldie

Post by sanman »

ramana wrote: 10 May 2024 00:32
sanman wrote: 08 May 2024 09:41

Don't do that again of changing the headline of a quoted report.
This will lead to a ban.
I don't understand which change you're referring to. Are you saying my original description of the video would lead to a ban? Or are you saying my edited description of the video in response to his feedback would lead to a ban?
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

I do not think the fundamental course of the upward trajectory of India-US is impacted by this at all. I think that today, we have such a strong strategic convergence with the United States, including contributing to the global comments, maintaining peace and stability, driving the international economy, diversifying production, creating new supply chains, moving onto new technologies.
Trajectory of India-US ties not impacted: Jaishankar on Pannun murder allegation

The Canada / India on the other hand is not that rosy;
“The United States brought to our attention certain information in good faith because we also believe some of it has implications for our own system. We are investigating it.”

Jaishankar said that despite the allegations, the relationship between India and the US remains strong.

“I think, today, we have such a strong strategic convergence with the United States. I think the India-US account is a very, very solid one,” he said.
Jaishankar reiterated his stance on Canada hosting extremist and separatist nationals. He said, “What we have seen, to our regret, has been the direction of Canadian politics, where separatists and extremist forces, many of whom openly advocate violence, have been given political space in that country. And there are people in positions of prominence today in Canadian politics who actually espouse that kind of separatism and extremism. Whenever we have taken this up with the Canadians.. it is not a new issue... It has been going on almost for ten years, and they keep saying, oh 'we have freedom of speech'.”

Relations between India and Canada soured after Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau accused Indian government agents of being involved in the killing of pro-Khalistan activist Hardeep Singh Nijjar. Nijjar was shot outside a gurdwara in Surrey, a suburb of Vancouver, in June 2023.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1789243348295037380
"Satisfied with the accountability that we demanded from India", US Ambassador Garcetti on India link on alleged attempt to killed Khalistani extermist Pannun; Its a "it's potentially the first big fight in the relationship.."

Ctsy: Council of Foreign Relations
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Garcetti failed when Mufflerman was picked up a few weeks ago. Gotala is the means used to expose the **network** of those investing in color revolutions and sub-national activities in Bharat.

Garcetti came for an software update. Do not be surprised if Garcetti gets his samosas delivered in LA.

All is well. At least 320.

See y'all on June 8, 2024.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

For centuries colonialists stole Indian wealth/knowledge. It is still happening.

https://twitter.com/MeghUpdates/status/ ... 8191331427
US ambassador Eric Garcetti admits

"India brought Russian Oil, because we wanted somebody to buy Russian oil"

"The US allowed the purchase to take place to ensure the prices did not go up globally.", he added.

Ironically, US has warned India of sanctions if we buy Russian Oil.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs Lu’s Travel to India, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh
In Chennai, Assistant Secretary Lu will meet with Consulate personnel to bolster bilateral engagement in southern India
As i had posted two posts earlier, Sub-national event in progress.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

NRao wrote: 13 May 2024 04:30 For centuries colonialists stole Indian wealth/knowledge. It is still happening.

https://twitter.com/MeghUpdates/status/ ... 8191331427
US ambassador Eric Garcetti admits

"India brought Russian Oil, because we wanted somebody to buy Russian oil"

"The US allowed the purchase to take place to ensure the prices did not go up globally.", he added.

Ironically, US has warned India of sanctions if we buy Russian Oil.
White House in 2022: we do not think India should accelerate or increase imports of Russian energy :mrgreen: