Hindu entities basically assume human is a limitation. The emphasis is on transcending the bonds of trappings of human existence. Remembering Bhaja Govindam ( Eha Samsara bahu duhkareâ€¦), the acts of hindu entity is to break the shackles of limitations imposed by virtue of taking a form of life. The hindu entity sees itself as a projection of Complex mechanisms. Hence, insistence on freedom and removal of limitations is pursued. Self-identity is purposely unclear and hence the emphasis is on Self-realization. Self-identity is defined based on the situation, so various dharmas, Pitru dharma, Mathru dharma, Acharaya dharma, atthithi dharma, etc., are applicable. Hindu entity looks to liberate and not confine. Hence, depending on situation the hindu entity has a solid boundary or no-boundary or loose boundary (see figure). This makes the hindu entity to look to fit and find a place in the environment, and there is no need to remake the environment.
(The model described above could be extended to see the interactions of different entities under varying conditions, along with adding the other major religion. How different entities could be exploited (usage of density) external force field to manipulate the ground conditions.).
Islam creates an entity with certain specific properties. Let us examine closely the properties and how they align and interact with the rest of the world. The strength of Islam is it provides a concrete definition about the Islamic entity.i.e., self-identity is crystal clear and it clearly demarcates what is Islamic and by virtue defines what is not Islamic in universe. This implies, a person who comes under the ambit of Islam, no matter what, is primarily a muslim, under any or all circumstance. This means whether one is doctor or a father or a son or whatever else, the muslim identity trumps other identitites (others are mere vocations or conditions) always. Looking from one angle this is a limitation imposed by islam. The individual is bounded and defined and thereby his interactions with external is modulated. From another angle, this provides a solid base for the individual, and he/she has no doubt about self-identity.
Basic Properties of Islamic entity:
1) Water-tight definition. No doubt about self identity. Clear demarcation of what is Islamic and by virtue defines what is unislamic. Boundary conditions absolute.
2) Alignment: Sense of direction towards Koran (Mecca)
3) Degree of freedom of Alignment: None or Very little
4) Promulgates either conversion or elimination of non-islamic entitites and non-islamic environment.
Since Islam is Johnny come late on the world scene, particularly anything representative of non-islamic entity was/is a fair game. (So, Bahmian Buddha statue, countless hindu temples, churches etc., are examples of that). If any of the four properties were diluted even a bit till t = 3 or 4 centuries, it meant islam would have met its end. Islamic entities in turn generated Islamic environments (see figure). Islamic environment is explicitly where it is devoid of any non-islamic entityâ€™s representation.
The above four properties yields interesting interactions with the world. Islamic entityâ€™s perception is it can thrive in an Islamic environment. It will be maladjusted to live in non-islamic environment because it directly impacts property no. 4. Property no. 4 is direct derivation from property no.2 and hence, there will be a sense of loss or incompleteness. This leads to all sorts of adjustments or mal adjustments to compensate for the loss, such as:
1) Since Islamic identity is closely entwined with Islamic entity, Islamic entity will support any or every other Islamic entity unless it is explicitly dangerous or blatantly stupid to do so. The protection of Islamic identity is paramount.
2) Some entities choose to establish property no.4, and in the process fix up appointments with 72 of the fairest raisins in heaven.
3) Any loss or elimination of non-islamic entities does not evoke empathy or any sense of loss, because property 4 is restored.
4) Any affront on Islamic identity would produce lot of agitation in the Islamic entity. Even mere suggestion to examination of â€˜Islamic identityâ€™ will be considered an affront. This agitation will spill over to public space for silly reasons, and create chaos.
5) Chaotic situation is where Islamic self-identity plays a critical role. All non-islamic (obvious because what is not Islamic is clear â€“ no self doubt) things will be in cross-wires for rage release of Islamic entity.
Any ideology that is not open for scrutiny, critique or dialogue is going to be untenable in the long run. Especially more so, for an ideology, that depends on a closed book. Hence, Islam is a bankrupt ideology and will wind down.
This brings us to Shauryaâ€™s statement from Sri Aurobindo, that islam is a side show in India. That could be true in the long run, but Islamic ideology will undergo painful catharsis and Indians should not be either purgatory or the roadkill for this vicious ideology. Why should Indian muslims bear the burden, because an ideology from desert lands is going through bankruptcy? Specifically as hindus were never a party to it, it should be clearly unacceptable that even a single loss of hindu life is one too many, due to struggle for adjustment of Islam by any Islamic entity.