Welcome to the New Moderators

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Re: Welcome to the New Moderators.

Post by Jagan »

Thread Cleaned up. We realise there are always moderator decisions that members may not agree with. You can bring that to our attention by using the feedback form or using the report post buttion from anywhere (Even an unrelated post) and your concern will be read.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Ze junta hopes ze new adminullahs have a sense of humor !! Ja ??

Unlike some who instead of sniping the real culprits lower the boom on all the unfortunate 3rd world dwellers.

I hope next time the jirga insists upon contribution of quality posts in Benish dhaaga before considering any abdul for Mod's seat.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

I hope next time the jirga insists upon contribution of quality posts in Benish dhaaga before considering any abdul for Mod's seat.
you want affirmative action for those who have name starting with n ?
why not say so ??
:mrgreen:
chiragAS
BRFite

Post by chiragAS »

first of all congrats to the new mods. :)
what about the old mods. are they retiring ?? :-?
or is that BR needs more mods considering the population explosion ?? :twisted:
Karkala Joishy

Post by Karkala Joishy »

Isn't there a quota for people from Karnataka??
Beku beku nyaaya beku! We want justice! :P

Vatal Nagaraj will be on strike on this board.

Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

New Bradmins,

Greetings from the aam janta self appointed occasional commentator. I will be nice, civil and all other things as long you all provide the usual leeway that is granted for my rambles. Promise :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wish you all ascended Br ahma rishis all the very best!
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Congratulations to the existing Bradmin team for finding great candidates and to the new Bradmins on their new role.

One can certainly say BR has carved a niche in providing voice to many Indians and has potential to influence public opinion. With ever increasing internet and PC penetration in India, BR's prominence will increase depending on how it manages this growth.

I would have liked to see BR admin team reflect the community it serves in erms of diversity: female participants/admins; minority participants/admins; admin/participants representing diverse background (I think BR scores high on this already).
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

I have a question that I hope is not taken in the wrong sense..how were the new mods chosen?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

by lottery ? :mrgreen:
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

voterigging and sifarshi.

I arrived at the above conclusion by noticing that there is no representation from anyone in the BENIS community.

:(( :(( :((
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Kartik wrote:I have a question that I hope is not taken in the wrong sense..how were the new mods chosen?
By a discussion among existing admins of names of people who have been constantly present and contributing to BRF but have not generally been found taking part in flamewars. After reaching some kind of consensus - invites are sent.

I have in my mind a mental picture of what is the core of BR and what are add ons.

The main BR site is the core, the forum is an add-on.

In the forum - the mil forum was the earliest and supported by people who identified with the core of BR. The other fora came later, as offshoots of that. A consistent ability to hold on to the core interests of the BR website is important.
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

I hope that knowlege was also One of the criteria
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Raj Malhotra wrote:I hope that knowlege was also One of the criteria
Knowledge of what? Or are you asking this in the Indian sense - of "knowledge of the infinite"?
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>I would have liked to see BR admin team reflect the community it serves in erms of diversity: female participants/admins; minority participants/admins; admin/participants representing diverse background (I think BR scores high on this already).

There are no minority participants or there are a vast majority of minority participants, depending on how you choose to define yourself I suppose. As a mallu, I would be a minority (or would I - there are a humongous number of mallus on BRF). Mallu Nair from Palakkad Dist, even more so. Hindu? Then I'm majority. There are no female participants that I know of, and therefore none among the admins. No Muslim participants either. Quite a few Christians, Sikhs and others (including at least one Jew of Indian origin).

The lack of females and Muslim participants is a concern. Not sure how to go about dealing with this issue.
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Welcome ! :)
Ved
BRFite

Post by Ved »

Congrats to all of you!
TestUser
BRFite -Trainee

Post by TestUser »

test
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

JE Menon wrote:The lack of females and Muslim participants is a concern. Not sure how to go about dealing with this issue.
This is potentially 60% of the community (addressable market :)). The lack of participation could be because BR does not deal with the issues they face or associate with or also could be because the current tone of the debate on those issues are not in agreement with them e.g., the threads on Islamism, Benis, and Paki threads tend to be demeaning of their role models.

I feel attracting female participants should be easier (as of now) of the problems and BR should latch onto the issues concerning them. Threads or articles on topics such as their representation in LS/RS or in corporations / Armed forces, their contributions in our History and role they can play going forward etc). Again it all depends on the vision of BR. In any case, if BR wishes to enter this, it needs to start with a light house project/leader in this area.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Incoming PMs to users have been enabled - this would mean that users who have been issued warnings over the past few weeks will only come to know about it now.. Sorry for the delay in figuring out this feature.
TestUser
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Welcome to the New Moderators

Post by TestUser »

sorry, test again.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Congratulaitions and Welkommen new blood and good job by oldy goldies !!
Gentlefolks, the universal majority- minority equation boils down to basic fundamental like virginity , a transitary , ever changing phenomenon with inherrent inability to draw any certain conclusion so any discussion on the subject is pure futile exercise .Lets no waste the valuable time of new Mods and wish them well for bravely putting their heads in Aukholi.
rsharma
BRFite

Post by rsharma »

voterigging and sifarshi.

I arrived at the above conclusion by noticing that there is no representation from anyone in the BENIS community.

:(( :(( :((
I strongly support Mullah Nayakullah, & hence forward my own name for candidature.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, best wishes for the new Moderullahs..
kgoan
BRFite

Post by kgoan »

For what its worth, let me acknowledge the *old* Mods on the Forum for taking the bit within their teeth and getting the new mods on board.

This required a fair degree of soul searching, an open acknowledgement of mistakes made, and a willingness to change that includes diluting their own power on the board that is breathtaking and which deserves unreserved kudos from everyone. (Now if only our babus and netas could take the hint. . . )

[modsuckuproutine]

And the choice of mods is *very good*. Suraj's economic threads on the TEF board and JaiS' info threads on the mil board have been required standard reading material for *years*. Ray C of course needs no introduction, and both Rishi and Rahul M have shown what they were made of a number of times.

[/modsuckuproutine]

I reckon that this is the best thing to happen to the forum in a while - at least since Rakesh threw a fit and wiped out the the old HiCAF!!! :)

It won't be the old BRF. But we DON'T NEED the old BRF.

Regeneration and renewal must, by their very nature, acquire their own dynamics and momentum. The Forum is going to be an entirely new creature over time.

And in the classic Yindoo tradition, it's going to be evolutionary, not revolutionary.

Group dynamics *within* the moderating team as well as between the mods and the members will ensure an interesting series of interaction of the next few months, maybe even over a year or two, that will be fascinating to watch.

I sincerely wish the forum, new mods and old, the best of luck.

Cheers,
kg.
HariC
BRFite

Post by HariC »

kg is back :mrgreen:

sadly we wont be seeing the other two (or three) (or four) so soon on the forum no?
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

hey khayyam the goan down under!
how are you mate? good to see you on the board. :D

On a different note, feeling kind of lost these days on the board, belonging to the grandfather generation of forumites with unique distinction of being relegated to trainee status every time they upgrade the forum software. The powers that be claim that it is purely because they prune old posts and since I do not post in quantity, I get demoted.

Will participating in posts help? do they count in getting promoted. I dont know why, but I am getting unnecessarily edgy about this postor status. Stupidly I feel that I am one of those relics, that BR does not want around anymore. Maybe it is true. Return of some really old guards to post is therefore good from my perspective :mrgreen:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Raja Ram wrote:hey khayyam the goan down under!
how are you mate? good to see you on the board. :D

On a different note, feeling kind of lost these days on the board, belonging to the grandfather generation of forumites with unique distinction of being relegated to trainee status every time they upgrade the forum software. The powers that be claim that it is purely because they prune old posts and since I do not post in quantity, I get demoted.

Will participating in posts help? do they count in getting promoted. I dont know why, but I am getting unnecessarily edgy about this postor status. Stupidly I feel that I am one of those relics, that BR does not want around anymore. Maybe it is true. Return of some really old guards to post is therefore good from my perspective :mrgreen:
Raja Ram - you were one of the people I had in mind when I replied to a question about rank and post counts on another thread.

I cross post my reply here:
A huge post count means zilch . There are people who have post counts that are well over a thousand who have not posted anything meaningful or significant for years. there are others with a post count of less than a hundred or a thousand whose posts are dripping with value and meaning.

Don't run after post count as rank.Try and add value to the forum rather than upping your post count.
derkonig
BRFite
Location: Jeering sekular forces bhile Furiously malishing my mijjile @ Led Lips Mijjile Malish Palish Parloul

Post by derkonig »

we want the BENIS back..
we want the BENIS back..
we want the BENIS back..
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Guys, I am surprised no one figured out how to 'game' the post count situation to preserve their posts - any theories? :)
JaiS
Forum Moderator

Post by JaiS »

Posting in threads which get archived ?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

precisely !!
scenarios threads are the safest bet !
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

derkonig wrote:we want the BENIS back..
we want the BENIS back..
we want the BENIS back..
Brother, hold back a bit on all that maalishing, it is the time to lie low, please dont get banned in the process.
I am sure BENIS will be back in one form or another, make sure you are around then

<lurking till Benis is Back>
enqyoobOLD
BRFite

Post by enqyoobOLD »

AoA! (these days even some1 as Phaithphool as myself is afraid to write expanded form of that - the Bredators hovering around).

I see that THIS is what did the BENIS dhaga in:
[quote]The lack of females and Muslim participants is a concern. Not sure how to go about dealing with this issue.

To which some kind person chimed in:
"This is potentially 60% of the community (addressable market :)). The lack of participation could be because BR does not deal with the issues they face or associate with or also could be because the current tone of the debate on those issues are not in agreement with them e.g., the threads on Islamism, Benis, and Paki threads tend to be demeaning of their role models.

I feel attracting female participants should be easier (as of now) of the problems and BR should latch onto the issues concerning them. Threads or articles on topics such as their representation in LS/RS or in corporations / Armed forces, their contributions in our History and role they can play going forward etc). Again it all depends on the vision of BR. In any case, if BR wishes to enter this, it needs to start with a light house project/leader in this area."

That was like Comrade Hu saying: "Obstacre to incleased funding fol Pakistan Almy is the plesence of the RaR Masjid in downtown Isramabad, which hindels the LedRips Massage Balroul". A death sentence surer than a mijjile from a Bredator.

Satya-Anveshi's proposed scheme for "attracting female participants" already sounds so knowledgeable that I won't question it (no sarcasm, Brayatollahjis, just resignation..). May I point out that in the days when the Kargil, Romance and Cricket Threads were in full swing, there was no lack of female participation? (Much of it brutally sneered out by the Jirga..) Also, where except the BENIS dhaga have we seen so prominent and admiration-filled role given to Minority And Female "role models" such as BB, Shrilleen, and now Sheri Rehman, not to mention the KendoStix Sistahs, the Freedom Fighters (I mean on the streets), and last but not least, Princess Ayesha? And such an in-depth discussion on the realities related to wimmen's issues in the Land of the Pure?

But I waste electrons on the obvious. I post here not to :(( but to :mrgreen: as always.

Satya-Anveshi gives the :idea: :idea: : A thread on Women's Issues In the Muslim World. I'll nominate JEM and shiv to start it.
Maybe start with a poll like shiv does:
1. Wimmens are essential to the Islamic World
2. Wimmens deserve at least equal rights with goats in Pakistan
3. There should be more women in the Indian Armed Forces (note: the Boss of the Akash or Agni program is now a Malloo woman Engineer from Trissur Engg. College - did BRF note this? )
4. Women have played a strong role in strategic science and engineering in India
6. Women's cricket on-line discussion should be mandatory on BRF.
7. Romance threads should be brought back on BRF. (only women members allowed to vote).

22. At least 60% quota among BRayatollahs , including Grand Mohterma-e-Dera-BRayatollah designation must be reserved for wimmens.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Ha kgaon garu, Khariyat? Janaab bhut dinge bad nazeratteho?
Malik tho eid ka chand bangaye.
Please do throw couple of grenades into the jar where the monkey's hand got stuck!
Yes I miss your imparting of edjucashun (as N^3 says)
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

enqyoob wrote:Satya-Anveshi gives the :idea: :idea: :
Saar, why give me more credit than I deserve for this? Admins do things in which they see value for them and for BR.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

time to dump this thread has come ?

looks like it has run its course.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Rahulji - Since it is still unlocked.. let me wish you and all the new mods best wishes.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

thanks Amber.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

Wow, the new admins are quick on using the surgery tools on unsuspecting victims.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

^^^
???
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

enqyoob wrote:
I see that THIS is what did the BENIS dhaga in:
Quote:
The lack of females and Muslim participants is a concern. Not sure how to go about dealing with this issue.
To which some kind person chimed in:
"This is potentially 60% of the community (addressable market :)). The lack of participation could be because BR does not deal with the issues they face or associate with or also could be because the current tone of the debate on those issues are not in agreement with them e.g., the threads on Islamism, Benis, and Paki threads tend to be demeaning of their role models.
I feel attracting female participants should be easier (as of now) of the problems and BR should latch onto the issues concerning them. Threads or articles on topics such as their representation in LS/RS or in corporations / Armed forces, their contributions in our History and role they can play going forward etc). Again it all depends on the vision of BR. In any case, if BR wishes to enter this, it needs to start with a light house project/leader in this area."

So, in order to attract new participants from groups (women/ minorities) that are not participating, we decided to do away with the thread that was most popular on BRF, and on which members were busily participating. :roll:

I am not against creating new threads oriented towards the non-participating groups. Maybe we shall get new participants from these groups, maybe we shall not. But none of these new PC threads will be able to replace BENIS.

BENIS was a thread unique to BRF. Nowhere else on the web was humour and sarcasm used in such a creative way to lay bare (nanga kar diya) the true nature of the number one decrepit terrorist nation to India's west that is the nursery of the biggest threat to human civilazation today. How else do you expose the naked perfidy of the Pakis, and the willing, stupid, gullible complicity of the superpower moral guardians of the world, but with the creative use of humour?

BENIS was proof that a bunch of amateur Indians can be so creative that they can nullify the spin put on events by the best-paid spin doctors of the world. That a few Indians can see through all the BS shoveled out from Islamabad, and all the hypocrisy emanating from Washington and London.

BENIS and Shiv's e-book give the 'other side of the story' that has been hidden from 99.99% of Indians.

RIP BENIS! :( There won't be one like you anywhere else soon.

Was it jealousy or was it the desire to be PC that brought about the death of BENIS? :-?