Blasts in Ahmedabad

svinayak
BRF Oldie

Re: Blasts in Ahmedabad

Post by svinayak »

http://stockparadise.blogspot.com/2008/ ... ttack.html
http://stockparadise.blogspot.com/2008/ ... ce-in.html

I really think India in the short term is a risky play.

I am sure the internal economy is strong.
But, if these attacks become easy to execute and routine that signals a major issue.

You should really consider the global economy as a whole due the type of ETF's you are into.

If owned ETF's in Emerging markets,since 2002 I would say their run is over atleast for the next 2 years.

I would sell those now, wait till the growth story becomes a real deal again and then buy in again.
In the end its your call.

Good Job True Patriot.

I would say India before the Bangalore attacks was a 3, now up graded to a 4.

I say it is time to cash out.

If we see attacks in Hyderabad or Chennai, I am sure there will be massive stock market sell offs all over the place.

I think these attacks have to with US Nuke deal more than anything else.
July 26, 2008 12:02 PM

Anonymous said...

I would like to add couple more point that :

1. A hindu nationalist government in India is good not only for India but USA .

2. Present government is not just bunch of ordinary criminals but all hand in glove with Islamic fundamentalist and have deep nexus with likes of Bin Laden, Dawood et all. This explains why soon after acquiring power at center they repealed anti terrorism law like POTA framed by BJP government.

3. They have also cancelled all development and infrasturucture projects initiated by previous government.

4. But this was not sufficient, to weaken countries science , research activities they left no stone unturned by intoducing heavy caste and muslim reservations in top institutes like IIT, AIIMS and IIM, denying admission to thousands of meretorious and deserving candidates.

5. To appease muslim they are not introducing any population control measure so that they can overtake hindus and make this country an ISLAMIC country as soon as possible. In last 60 years muslim population witnessed 15 times increase fro 20 million to reach 300 million. but officially they dont declare it. and say muslims are hardly 200 million.

6. US should sign nuclear deal only when Indian government show evidence to implement population control policy like one child policy to all religion. My muslim friends in India usually have 10-20 kids per family.
July 26, 2008 5:27 PM

Raju

Post by Raju »

I really think India in the short term is a risky play.

I am sure the internal economy is strong.
But, if these attacks become easy to execute and routine that signals a major issue.

You should really consider the global economy as a whole due the type of ETF's you are into.

If owned ETF's in Emerging markets,since 2002 I would say their run is over atleast for the next 2 years.

I would sell those now, wait till the growth story becomes a real deal again and then buy in again.
In the end its your call.

Good Job True Patriot.

I would say India before the Bangalore attacks was a 3, now up graded to a 4.

I say it is time to cash out.

If we see attacks in Hyderabad or Chennai, I am sure there will be massive stock market sell offs all over the place.

I think these attacks have to with US Nuke deal more than anything else.
July 26, 2008 12:02 PM
looks like the bomb blasts give an additional lever to unkil.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

narayanan wrote:I wonder if that thread is still around - I mean the one where the Bradminullahs were waxing eloquent about the need to make the forum more "welcoming", and wondering how to get more "other community" members to come here and feel welcome, because the posts are all so "sensitive to the feelings"...

And all those BRand new BRadmins, wet behind the ears and all eager like bunnies to go hopping around giving everyone advice to be "sensitive". Respectful of other postors even if they are blithering idiots.. Oh! What we post here is read by IMPORTANT people! Log kya kahenge? Oh, that sounds like "flamebait", let's be respectful now... Oh! We can't have NON-SERIOUS posts on this hugely SERIOUS forum! :roll:

Seems like all this was just petty jealosy to delete the only thread that has any intelligence behind it - u no which one. I knew that was 80 percent of it, but I was wrong. It's 457% of it. Worse than Airport Security in lack of a sense of humor. Worse than Associate Deans in pompousness.

Just browsing the past few pages makes one feel the ambience of loitering around downtown Ahmedaslumbab or Godhra holding the Severed Pig's Head (SPH Model 3) and the Pregnant Wimmen Disemboweling Trishool (PWDT Model 27) and the Slum-Burning Gas Cylinder (SBGC Model 5) and the Molotovullah ZamZamCola Sleeper Passenger Burning Bottle (MZSPB2 Model S-6).

Boo! to the adminullahs for closing down the (u-no-which) thread, which was just clean civilized, polite fun compared to this hate-filled foaming savages' thread. Forget it, it was just clean fun, no comparison needed. Used to be so informative and entertaining.

May your camels eat your satphones and make you late for the Loya Jirga Debriefing Candidate Selection Discussion. May your trishool strap get entangled in your langoti as you swing it. May your gada bonk you on your own shin. May a thousand Rakshasas bee on your Baithak. May your mace be beneath you as you sit down cross-legged.
Narayananji, please take heart onlee. We are like that onlee, just a reflection of India. The said thread had too much talent and artistic outburst that caused severe heart burn to the high brow culture. Holding mirror to Indians who are imagining that nectar, honey and houries will flow, if only pureness is brought to the land, will be allowed if when either of these two things happen:
1) Every Ram, venkat and subbu is allowed similar artistic freedom to express his/her talents to the extent enjoyed by the High brow certified artist, MF Hussain., whose taste and talents surpass the high brow cultures' requirements in India. (note: freedom is not opposed at all)
2) Every Ram,et.al., develops the skill and quality to either meet or exceed the benchmark set by MFH.
Till the contributers to the erstwhile thread, are lucky to obtain glasnost or upgrade the skills to match the Hi-brow's taste, it is better to retreat to cave and imbibe the pure afghan popee onlee.
kshirin
BRFite

Post by kshirin »

Now that N deal cleared another hurdle I am afraid there will be more terror strikes in India and elsewhere also to destabilise current Pak dispensation which didnt raise an objection.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

kshirin wrote:These consecutive attacks and other internal disturbances inclduing withdrawal of Commie support are taking place in the context of the strategic realignment (N-deal) therefore the China angle - it isn't just a theory it is present hard day international reality of the games big boys play. They don't and never have had to get their hands dirty. At last US has woken up to the ISI Taliban Al Qaeda nexus which now is so solidly consolidated it is too late. I think our only options are to break up Pakistan into friendly democratic Sindh, Baloch etc. while dealing decisively with FATA and NWFP (covertly of course). We also have to gear up our doctrines and readiness to meet threats in case of WMD attack. Though ISI will not be crazy enough to sanction that, cos they know what will come, their agents have a habit of proving the Frankenstein syndrome right and could do so, inviting massive retaliation. Again, we have to be ready to strike quickly and hard before international pressure bears in, enough to deliver a message that we are not a soft state. That is why I think we should give some indication of resolve and redlines which cannot be crossed publicly now, so that ISI knows what price there is to pay. Of course, the danger to that is that China then gears up on the other side.
You have not answered ,my previous question.
Where are you from in India
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

skill and quality to either meet or exceed the benchmark set by MFH.

We TRIED .. but the only one not in halal costume was Mohterma Hasina Atim Bum, and I think the sight of her sent the SDRE admins scurrying for cover.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

The theories, categories and dissection of Dharma could be out of topic, but for those who are curious and interested: Dharma 101
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

While I am also guilty, BRF often goes into esoteric discussions when tragedy strikes in the form terror.

"Philosophy begins where reasoning ends"
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

John Snow wrote:While I am also guilty, BRF often goes into esoteric discussions when tragedy strikes in the form terror.

For 5000 Years we have been discussing Philisophy,its time to spend next 5000 years being practical.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

The AP / Mao connection?
New Delhi: Fifteen passengers were killed when a fire broke out in a train in Waranagal district of Andhra Pradesh early this morning.

The incident occurred at 0105 hrs (IST) when Gautami Express was crossing a forest area between Tallapusalapalli and Mehboobabad stations in the Waranagal district, about 250 kms from state capital Hyderabad.

The fire broke out in S-9, one of the sleeper coaches, of the Secunderabad-Kakinada Gouthami express and soon spread to four other coaches, railway officials and police said.

Railway Minister Lalu Yadav says, “S-10 bogie is the worst hit.”

He has confirmed the death of thirteen people in the incident. He has also announced Rs five lakh as compensation and jobs in railways for the family of dead. He has also announced Rs one lakh for those seriously injured.

The cause of the fire is not clear yet. "The fire broke in one of the sleeper coaches of the Secunderabad-Kakinada Gautami express near Mehboobabad early this morning and soon spread to other coaches," South Central Railway spokesman P Krishnaiah was quoted as saying by news agencies.

SP, Warangal, V C Sajjanar said investigation is on and all the injured people been shifted to Warangal hospital.

“We have called in forensic experts to determine the cause of fire. The major cause of death appears to be asphyxiation,:” Sajjanar told CNN-IBN.

"The rescue teams from Secunderabad, Kazipet and Vijaywada were immediately rushed to the spot and burning coaches were detached from the train," Krishnaiah said.

Andhra Pradesh minister G Surya Rao, who was also travelling in the ill-fated train was safe, officials said.

Following the accident, several trains on Hyderabad-Vijaywada section were cancelled while some others diverted

Gautami Express runs between Kakinara and Sikandrabad. The fire has been brought under control.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

crosspost from TSP thread

another thing of significance is the timing of the NYT report. Not only it embarrasses pukes that their master is going against them in public but whats most awkward is that now with the up coming meeting between MMS and Gilani pukes this could be really rubbed in by Indian Leadership.

However, jingos jingos hold your breadth, if you thought UPA couldn't go any lower than check this out:

Manmohan to take up terrorism with Pak PM

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would be talking to the Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday in Colombo where eight SAARC countries are meeting and terror is high on the agenda.

Top government sources have told NDTV that the Ahmedabad blasts had inspiration from outside and the degree of sophistication of the blasts was like never before.

While the probe for the Ahmedabad serial blasts that killed more than 50 people continues, there have been some disturbing findings.

The government sources also told that India would make a distinction between the Pakistan government and rogue intelligence agencies - this is a very significant statement.

At this rate even when the TSP govt and army will be eventually found guilty, still our foolish leaders, continuing their habit of making distinction will say arrey don't worry humans can make mistakes hence you made mistake now lets be bhai bhai ....

Why is the GoI behaving like this ?

Are they being plainly stupid and coward or they are trying to increase the wedge between so call relatively moderate faces in TSP Govt and the extremist ones [in TSP Govt.], ISI and TSPA. But then haven't we concluded on BRF that that distinction may exist in attitude towards west and their interests but when it comes to India they are all the same.

I am unable to understand the GoI policy but one thing I can conclude that such foolish leaders cannot protect terrorist attacks on our soil.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

narayanan wrote:
May your camels eat your satphones and make you late for the Loya Jirga Debriefing Candidate Selection Discussion. May your trishool strap get entangled in your langoti as you swing it. May your gada bonk you on your own shin. May a thousand Rakshasas bee on your Baithak. May your mace be beneath you as you sit down cross-legged.
:D
Well - I'll let this thread last the night and then send it to keep company with the benis dhaaga.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Analyse what was the policy change from 2001 - 2003 - 2004 - 2006
NDA made the Pak govt admit that terrorism starts from its own soil and they are responsible for the terrorism from their soil. Next it had Pak govt admit that It will take action against the groups

After the 2004 accord Pak govt took the responsibilty to control corss border terrorists,.

The current situation is the break down of the govt after the election. At such times the only reliable institution is the Pak army. This army will rise to the dominance and will take unilateral action.
Uncle tried keeping the snake within the cage by holding the election. This is a unstable situation.
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Acharya,

I see that making TSP admit that was a feat in itself. What about UPA led GoI ? Whats their achievement ? From 01 to 08 the terror attacks have already so obviously increased in number and intensity in other parts of India [other than J&K] So how has the ground reality changed ?

In 06 we admitted pukes are also victims of terror just like us
Now we are trying to make artificial distinction amongst people who hate us alike.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

John Snow wrote:While I am also guilty, BRF often goes into esoteric discussions when tragedy strikes in the form terror.

Reasoning without a philosophical foundation leads to cyclical arguments. :(
So, we can expect more "blast" thread maya -
as neither "blasts" nor threads will end anytime soon.
a_kumar
BRFite

Post by a_kumar »

There is something going on here....

We the Dhimmis (more recently Afghans are included) have been providing evidence continuously, including information on Konduz, all of which were brushed aside.

Now suddenly, State Department says "Aha!! We have got proof"...... Why now?
New York Times

Pakistanis Aided Attack in Kabul, U.S. Officials Say

They said that the ISI officers had not been renegades, indicating that their actions might have been authorized by superiors.

“It confirmed some suspicions that I think were widely held,” one State Department official with knowledge of Afghanistan issues said of the intercepted communications. “It was sort of this ‘aha’ moment. There was a sense that there was finally direct proof.”
Few of us were advocating taking the fight to their doorstep, but away from the glare.

On redlines thread, it was hinted that something is going down away from our eyes. Narayanan pointed to IAF officer's response : "V r watching the PAF, and we know about the recent incursions and why they happened."

I am wondering if even Uncle is getting spooked now and may be trying to take some of the ammunition away from us. It was long due anyway from their end, but never has the western media/govts focussed so much on attack on Indian facilities. Infact, our media has forgotten it already, while the western press still keeps referring to this in any security article that refers to this part of the world.

Thats a big departure and being portrayed as US govt annoyed at this Pakistani escalation on Indian front. I don't buy that it is because of Nuke Deal nor that they are siding with India on this. This is probably something else, or maybe I just sleep typing!!!
kshirin
BRFite

Post by kshirin »

To Acharya's query how is that relevant to the discussion?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

kshirin wrote:To Acharya's query how is that relevant to the discussion?
Can't somebody be curious? what hostile days have come onlee. I am sure he must be wondering where does one come in India to not know the new name for Bangalore.
kshirin
BRFite

Post by kshirin »

I seem to have caused offense where none was meant though I admit to being sarcastic about the name change (one can find out anything nowadays with a click so poor recall is a thing of the past), I just don't like the new names esp for Bangalore and Bombay, humour me.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

For humour visit the towel and patriotic re education thread
vishwakarmaa
BRFite

Post by vishwakarmaa »

a_kumar wrote:There is something going on here....

Thats a big departure and being portrayed as US govt annoyed at this Pakistani escalation on Indian front. I don't buy that it is because of Nuke Deal nor that they are siding with India on this. This is probably something else, or maybe I just sleep typing!!!
I bet they have sniffed something, and they are damn sure that India is going to act from somewhere very soon. Now, they are coming out with this, so that tomorrow western media can blame it on India, that India did this.

This will put suspicions into minds of the newly elected civilian govt in Munna-land. This will further alienate pakistani ruling party away from GoI and towards ISI. Thats what they want, right?

And then new PM will listen more to ISI than acting on its own intuitions.

They know, they can control their Munna(puppet used to maintain supremacy in region) better with ISI in control of Munna-land, than some politician.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

And please remember to laugh. 8)
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Prem wrote:

For 5000 Years we have been discussing Philisophy, its time to spend next 5000 years being practical.
Aap kay Muh Main Ghee Shakkar.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

IB4TL