New Moderators on BRF - Round II

Jagan
Webmaster BR

New Moderators on BRF - Round II

Post by Jagan »

folks , continuing the good old OWTOIWTN thread, We are pleased to announce the addition of the following new moderators to the BRF Forums

Archan
Gerard
Mandeep
Narayanan
SSridhar

While welcoming the new moderators to the team, I would also like to bring to your attention that shiv has decided to retire from moderation duties. So lets also extend a big thank you for his contributions in keeping our forum sane over the years.
Nandu
BRF Oldie

Re: New Moderators on BRF - Round II

Post by Nandu »

Yes, Thank you shiv sir!
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Kudos to Shiv ji for his effort and time for this thankless job . I hope Shiv ji continues his active participation on BRF .

And congratulations to the new MOD's... btw what is this about Narayanan ji..joining the dark side :oops: .
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

First...Shiv Ji, Thank you. I trust you will continue to be part of BRF.

Now, bhat iz happening..Two maulvis of LMU join kaffirs? Todin is kala letter din...now bredators are hanging inshide LMU building....
Anabhaya
BRFite

Post by Anabhaya »

thanks to Shiv. Not an exaggeration to say BR wouldn't be what it is without him. thanks doc.
Arya Sumantra
BRFite

Post by Arya Sumantra »

Thanks Shiv ji. Hope to see your continued participation on BR. congrats to the new adminullahs.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Uh oh.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Hmm, if you can't beat'em, join'em. Divide and rule. Hit'em where it hurts. Find the leaders, shoot the leaders.. I can go on quoting about the strategic brilliance.

Severus Snape double agented for Dumbledore. Here Dumbledore himself accept the mark of death eaters from voldemort. The order of Phoenix is dissolved. The muggles are doomed. Run Harry!! Run!!

And of course, the good doctor (that is, his scalpel) will be missed. Thank you Sir, and hope you will be around, with redoubled vigour, now that you shed the heavy cap.
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

AoA,

Good to see learned maulaners from LMU given a seat.

It is better to have goats pijjing outside the tent than have em pijjing inside the tent.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Slowly but surely as more and more mujahids multiply furiosly in the jirga the din will not be far to bring true shariah and BENIS dhaaga back into BRF.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

sunilUpa wrote: Now, bhat iz happening..Two maulvis of LMU join kaffirs? Todin is kala letter din...now bredators are hanging inshide LMU building....
ssshhh...that is the problem with ordinary purelanders, they do not understand the strategy their leaders are making and blow the whistle too soon. We have excellent examples of Mr. 10%, Gilani, Altaf Bhai and the one and only Nawaz Shareef. Public never understands their ways. They are working for the greater good!
This is NPA's nightmare... rabid mullahs from LMU now have access to the new clear B-button (ban-button). :mrgreen:
Nayak
BRF Oldie

Post by Nayak »

I propose a 1:10 banning ratio keeping our purelunders in mind.

For every 1 warning issued to LMU cave dweller, find 10 abduls and beat the $hit out of them.

Eeet ka jawaab pathar sain hain !!
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

:rotfl: Uh-oh! "Good Taliban" comes in from the cold and right into guvrmnd? :mrgreen:

But seriously, who writes the BRF script? Petraeus?

Doc, my salute. You were (and hopefully going to be) awesome. 8) All the best for the rest!
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Thanks you Shiv ji and welcome new ulema.
pradeepe
BRFite
Location: Our culture is different and we cannot live together - who said that?

Post by pradeepe »

Oooh.....how exciting. LMU is now within the compound. Resistance is futile. Bow to the new emperor and be spared.

Hope shivji participates as enthusiastically as always. Always enjoyed and learnt a lot from his incisive views.

Change is good. BRF continues to reinvent itself. All hail LMU... I mean BR.
Raja Ram
BRFite

Post by Raja Ram »

What is happening? First Anil Kumble and now shiv calling it a day. Two of my all time favorite Indians stepping aside. Come to think of it a lot of similarities between the two. And I can't believe the first "BR original" narayanan becoming a moderator. Oh God! for an old timer like me who has gone into a perpetual lurk mode this is too much!

Thanks shiv, I have known you only through your posts and thoughts expressed in the forum. It has been a wonderful journey to discuss and share thoughts with you. Thank you for your time and effort here, you are one of BR's finest and it was a pleasure and a previlege to have known you.

Maybe in my next visit to Bangaluru, I shall try and meet with you in person to thank for the wonderful times, subject to your willingness of course.

With the advent of new moderators and their new ways, and the final transition of narayanan to the other side, an old BR hanger on like me should also slowly fade I guess. I hope to still lurk here though.

To the new moderators, my best wishes, you have a great role model in shiv and hopefully you will all be kind to an old rambling commentator if he decides to post occassionally :D .

God Bless shiv, and good luck all new moderators. Please be moderate!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

With the advent of new moderators and their new ways, and the final transition of narayanan to the other side, an old BR hanger on like me should also slowly fade I guess. I hope to still lurk here though.
RR sir, shiv ji's retirement is from moderatorship and not from BR. as a matter of fact he hopes to contribute more to the mainsite. 8)
no reason why we shouldn't look forward to a second spring from seniors like you !
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Raja Ram, I have always enjoyed your "ramblings" as and when they appear on important events, usually. Why do old timers think about fading away? I mean, this is the age of veeagara.
niran
BRF Oldie

Post by niran »

two LMU members on "Wise Men Committee"
This reminds me of the
short story Panch Parmeshwar ,
by Munshi Premchand.
AoA to nava Mods.

Hope we will have increase scalpelisque Reads
from Hakeem Janab Shivji.
ashish raval
BRFite

Post by ashish raval »

Thanks Shivji for rendering your valuable service to BR. Please continue to guide the forums and debate with your valuable Pragyan.
Welcome to all the new Moderators here. I am sure they will continue to BR tradition nice and smooth.
Vivek Sreenivasan
BRFite

Post by Vivek Sreenivasan »

Congrats to new moderators, hope they use their new powers wisely to continue to keep BRF the preeminent forum on Indian Military and if i may so Economic and Strategic affairs on the web. :)
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

I remember countless occasions on BRF where newbies/ oldies squabbled and Shiv would come in and clear the mess. Somehow I felt his decisions and reasoning where annoyingly right.
Articulate with wonderful analogies.

Edited : Thank you Shiv, and congrats to you new admins.
chandrabhan
BRFite

Post by chandrabhan »

Welcome to the new and heartfelt gratitude to the old for guiding,correcting loose cannons like me.

Thank you shiv and I hope to continue seing your posts.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

An old war horse hangs his boots.

His powder, however, remains dry. So, take care!

Goodbye, Mr Chips!
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Thank you shiv ji. I have enjoyed your posts, and hope they keep on coming.

AoA,

LMU Maulanas now being offered the posts of Adminullahs is definitely a good omen and a sign of the coming times in our beloved TSP as well, where learned Mullahs from FATA-hua Bakistan will also given high positions.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Heartfelt condolences to the new Adminullahs, specially the traitors from LMU who have been trying to put a full stop on Missile Maalishing :rotfl:

On a serious note All you you deserve the promotion,

We will continue the Jeer Hard
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Ah! Nice to see the new adminullahs have taken over. Rest assured we will make ya all sweat and toil at your job of moderation. :wink: :twisted:
Also it is a pleasure to see that the Jirga is peing captured by phellow Jeehardis.
Time to enact Sharia on PeeAreEph... :mrgreen:

And Shiv-ji, I would like to repeat what Raja Ram just said above, I too have spent the last several years enjoying and imbibing what thoughts you all had to share, and although we have only met here through our words and our thoughts, it would be a pleasure to someday meet up in person.
Now before people start writing any more BRForum-Obits there are more pressing needs with the front page that need sorting out.

PS: How about a round of Enlightened Moderation phlom the adminullas? Any takers for the "Bling-da-BE...-thlead-Back" brigade?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Thanks for all the nice things said folks. I won't go off BR - but I will be more "free" without admin responsibilities. Besides - I can get on the thread where I belong - the BENIS dhaga :lol:

And I get to up my IB4TL post counts...
neelkamal
BRFite -Trainee

Post by neelkamal »

Thanks Shiv.

Hey Narayan!
Remember me ? This is Gayatri in a new avatar (thread will go so no issues revealing that I guess). Wow, I am going to come BR more often now :-)
Have you forgotten Jamie, and the romance forum that was cruelly banned ? and how we all howled! LOL it was such a laugh. This is like a favourite hero changing his role completely. But I congratulate you and wish you all the best.

All the best to all the new BR moderators.
Rye
BRFite

Post by Rye »

Much thanks to Shivji for his (enlightened) moderation on BRF all these years (and apologies for personally causing a lot of work to many mods :oops: ).
vsudhir
BRF Oldie

Post by vsudhir »

Many thx 2 Dr Shiv for his efforts on many a thread over the yrs.

Hearty congrats 2 the incoming team.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Wow.

- Shiv
+ N^3?

Thanks to the One and all the best to the rest.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Wow! Gayatri! You just put the IED-Mubarak under the main hypothesis of the "Ban-the-Jihad-dhaga" adminullahs. :rotfl:

No hope of finding Jamie or bringing back the Romance dhaga, sorry. The "Khabar-e-Jehad" is the closest we can come to real creative entertainment.

For all the others, let me just say this: Good thing J-Gun did not post my "acceptance reasoning" - I thought that had effectively killed that idea - and still gave me access to the IED-Button. :eek: There is no "conversion" any more than that of the Hezbollah in the Lebanese guvrmand, thank u.

My total shock is at realizing how many supposedly simple jehadis are actually ISI in mufti. :shock: Hey, what happens when u have Adminullahs turning the IED-Button on each other, I wonder..

But seriously, everyone knows that I never argue for really banning anyone - at least not before we get to laugh at them and induce them to Fedayeen acts. Unfortunately, this kind and gentle policy has become very difficult under this scheme where every little brat can hit the :(( :(( button and get me into trouble, and i get slammed for such halal things as "flame-baiting" or "provoking". What's a web forum for, anyway, if it's not for "provoking", as long as one does not use foul language etc? I hope the adminullahs here please consider that. You seem to have forgotten how the Kargil War was won on the internet. If we had been banned from provoking Pakis, they would still be ruling the internet, instead of just being webmasters on several sites like the hospital near where I live (BRF and Israel Defence Forum are haraam on the free internet there, but I can get to PakDef no problem).

Shiv, hope you break the archaic inhibitions and get a new, halal handle for Khabar-e-Jehad purposes.
Vikramaditya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vikramaditya »

Shivji many thanks for dedicating time to what is a utterly thankless job.

N3 and Archan bhai kya baat hai poora Taliban eshtyle ehhh ? :mrgreen:
Fun times ahead :rotfl:
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Out of over 50 decisions or more I've seen Shiv make as administrator, I've disagreed with him once. Out of O(100s) posts I've seen him make, it was impossible to not pay attention even when there was no disagreement. When someone takes pains to write as clearly as he does, the writing needs to be appreciated for the substantial effort that went into reasoning and articulation. This is a rare skill and worth learning from when it shows up. Further, the ability to hold on to one's views steadfastly, be open to criticism, defend it and yet step out of it all to moderate effectively is a skill that most here will have to master to come close to the dexterity that Shiv has displayed. So, whilst I appreciate his decision, I must say I am not sure it is a happy occasion.

S
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

NRao wrote:Wow.

- Shiv
+ N^3?

Thanks to the One and all the best to the rest.
I always knew it

N3 = Shiv
HariC
BRFite

Post by HariC »

LOL.. or Anil Kumble = Shiv
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

All the best to the new Moderators.
Shivji as always looking forward to your enlighting posts.
N^3 + adminullah avataar :shock: , hope the Mod job does not take away the unique style of posting.(god help the guy who will be at the receving end of your adminullah duties).
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

hope the Mod job does not take away the unique style of posting.(god help the guy who will be at the receving end of your adminullah duties).
something we are ALL looking forward to ! :twisted:
Keshav
BRFite

Post by Keshav »

So whats the Mod to Poster ratio now?
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Congratulations and best wishes to the New Jirga. May Allah shine light on your cave and may your goats continue to lactate the most.

Shivsaar a big thank you for a job well done. Hope that you spend your additional free time in Piskology studies and make the rest of us wiser in the ways of our TFTA brothers and May 2009 be the year for your Najdi goat to wear the crown.