BR Main Site Feedback

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

BR Main Site Feedback

Post by Jagan »

This thread is for BR Main Site Feedback. Post anything related to the sub sites - LAND-FORCES, NAVY, AIR FORCE, SRR etc.

Forum Feedback to be entered in the other Sticky thread.

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=3&t=3262
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Re: Site Suggestions & Forum Feedback

Post by Jagan »

Thanks for bringing that to my notice rahul - here we go

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/BR-Large.gif

AmitR
BRFite

Post by AmitR »

Jagan wrote:Thanks for bringing that to my notice rahul - here we go

Jagan, I sent a mail to the BR webmaster email id. Please take a look at it.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Amit, thanks, got it today from seetal. will respond back shortly
Airavat
BRF Oldie

Post by Airavat »

In the Maratha Light Infantry page the concluding paragraph has been mistakenly added from the The Grenadiers Regiment page.

edit:

The same Grenadiers paragraph has also been inserted into the Rajputana Rifles page (second before last)
Last edited by Jagan on 10 Jul 2009 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thanks Airavat - Will fix both shortly
GuruPrabhu
BRFite

Post by GuruPrabhu »

Jagan-san,

Please rectify this link. The page throws up an error.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORC ... 5.jpg.html

Also when I visited the main link here -

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORC ... nt-21.html

The links from 9 to 21 do not load. It throws up a 404 error.
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

You have, in essence, 2 different websites displaying the absolute same content

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/ - PageRank [PR] 6

http://www.bharatrakshak.com/ - PageRank 3

It is, as SEO experts would say, a very bad thing as far as indexing by search engines are concerned, as they would consider either one of the site to be plagiarized and then, push it lower down the search engine result page, including loss of PR

Also all that PR that the Bharat-Rakshak site [6] has earned is not being transferred to the BharatRakshak[3] site, even though they are one and the same

Assuming you want BharatRakshak to be now recognised as the actual website and thereby all the PR earned by Bharat-Rakshak to be transferred to it, you must set up a 301 re-direct for Bharat-Rakshak with BharatRakshak as the target site meaning any one typing the Bharat-Rakshak will be re-directed to the BharatRakshak URL automatically

Google recognises only the 301 re-direct as a valid, permanent re-direct method and so during its quatelry PR review/update will transfer Bharat-Rakshak PR to BharatRakshak, thereby reflecting the same PR, and as a consequence authortiy, for both the domain names
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Hiten, good point about the multiple URls and page rank.

I will see what can be done at our end regarding the redirect
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: BR Main Site Feedback

Post by jamwal »

Is it possible to have the text in BR logo in Devnagri script ?
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

jamwal wrote:Is it possible to have the text in BR logo in Devnagri script ?
only if someone with the graphics skills volunteers to make one.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Clicking this logo on the forum main page refers back to the same page. In other words there is no link to the BR main page from the forum main page. Clicking on the logo should link to the main BR page.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

shiv wrote:

Clicking this logo on the forum main page refers back to the same page. In other words there is no link to the BR main page from the forum main page. Clicking on the logo should link to the main BR page.
Well i asked this long time back, saying that there is no way to go to http://www.bharat-rakshak.com, as there was no link to that page. But someone told me there sure was a link to main page, but i havent been able to figure that out till now.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

not really prominent but clcking on BHARAT-RAKSHAK right below the "Bharat" text in the banner takes you to the main page.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Jagan wrote:not really prominent but clcking on BHARAT-RAKSHAK right below the "Bharat" text in the banner takes you to the main page.
Jagan I am using a board style called "sublite" and can see no text banner anywhere on the page - either in Windows (Firefox) or with Linux
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

The 'BR Space' site hasn't been updated for years. Arun can you update all the launcher info.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

shiv wrote:
Jagan wrote:not really prominent but clcking on BHARAT-RAKSHAK right below the "Bharat" text in the banner takes you to the main page.
Jagan I am using a board style called "sublite" and can see no text banner anywhere on the page - either in Windows (Firefox) or with Linux
ah that figures. yes anything other than the BR Default does not have all the links. I guess at some point when the usage of sublite increases, we will need to cater to that template as well. right now its a very small number.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Jagan wrote:
jamwal wrote:Is it possible to have the text in BR logo in Devnagri script ?
only if someone with the graphics skills volunteers to make one.
I'll try then, though my skills in this area aren't much to talk about
nelson
BRFite

Post by nelson »

why is the "Army senior officers list" page not updated for up to two years now? Is there any intelligence or esp angle to it? But, the appointments are these days open source, mostly. is there any harm in having it in one page?
RKumar

Post by RKumar »

This is second time I encounter

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

guys,

Just browsing i started looking for india defence in google and i hit pages in paki forums about they defacing Indian sites and they attacking BR also. How are our BR masters dealing with such attacks. Did they conduct any such attacks on BR.

Admins,

I would like to volunteer myself for any help needed in preventing/handling such attacks. I work on payment security systems so i am pretty good at network and web security. i have been on BR from early 2002 when i was back home. just would like to help out if needed.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

bhavani wrote:guys,

Just browsing i started looking for india defence in google and i hit pages in paki forums about they defacing Indian sites and they attacking BR also. How are our BR masters dealing with such attacks. Did they conduct any such attacks on BR.

Admins,

I would like to volunteer myself for any help needed in preventing/handling such attacks. I work on payment security systems so i am pretty good at network and web security. i have been on BR from early 2002 when i was back home. just would like to help out if needed.

bhavani

thanks. seetal is the man for this and he will get in touch for any further requirements (if any - but he would have them mostly covered). rest assured that security and uptime is taken very seriously at BR.

But if you do find any major issues or holes that you notice on the site, please do not hesitate to drop in a line to us.
Willy
BRFite

Post by Willy »

Any chance of changing the link to the old navy site when we click on navy instead of the one we are directed to currently. The new link/site is crap (sorry to say so). The old site has way more info.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Willy wrote:Any chance of changing the link to the old navy site when we click on navy instead of the one we are directed to currently..
Nope no plans to do so.

infact the old site will dissappear at some point of time.
The old site has way more info.
new site is a copy of the old one so there is no difference in content. only the layout

the layout may be getting complaints but it is only till some joomla expert designs a great template for the site.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Moderators,

Please note ICGS Vigraha has been acquired by the Sri Lankan Navy and not ICGS Varaha as mentioned on the BR’s Vikram Class page.

See the second article in Kashyap’s Post on the BR Forum.

Kindly amend BR’s Vikram Class page.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

I dunno if this has been brought before to ze attention of ze mullahs that control BR, moi thinks that it would be a good thing if we put a page on the main site that describs the history of BR from its inception to its infamous rise and use by media as a reference medium....JMT
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

andy B wrote:I dunno if this has been brought before to ze attention of ze mullahs that control BR, moi thinks that it would be a good thing if we put a page on the main site that describs the history of BR from its inception to its infamous rise and use by media as a reference medium....JMT
The About Us / Origins page (Bottom of the main site front page) addresses this. There is also a media gallery link from that page.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

arun wrote:Moderators,

Please note ICGS Vigraha has been acquired by the Sri Lankan Navy and not ICGS Varaha as mentioned on the BR’s Vikram Class page.

Maz and/or Rakesh ..................... Shake a leg guy's :wink: .

Also, depending on the outcome, this one as well.

While on the matter of fixit's, there is the issue of the line drawing of the Catamaran's being built by AAGL. As the matter has been long pending will appreciate it being fixed. Please Refer here.
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

@ MODS
I would like to suggest an enhancement to BR Home Page. I am no computer expert.. so i would like to put it as clear as possible.
Is it possible to link news.google.com feeds to main page. It will be really nice if you can put some filter keywords.
For Instance the Keyword "ISRO" can filter all ISRO related Articles the minutes Gbots adds the articles on news.google.com .

Though it(the filter) may not always be correct, but still it gives one advantage.. faster updates from sources around the world.
mahan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mahan »

I wonder how many visitors does this site get?

monthly or weekly

lol fan of counter and stats here!

why dont we have main page counter????
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Mahan, usage stats can be got from http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bharat-rakshak.com
koti
BRFite

Post by koti »

Whenever I post something, it is giving the time zone that is different from IST. Admins can you please fix that or is this deliberate?
Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

koti wrote:Whenever I post something, it is giving the time zone that is different from IST. Admins can you please fix that or is this deliberate?
You can change it. Go to User Control Panel,board preferences and change your timezone.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

arun wrote:Moderators,

Done. Pls check Vikram Class page. Thanks!
Rupesh
BRFite

Post by Rupesh »

Prafool's article in BR Top Stories. :?:
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

ATV page needs to be updated.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

is the brf main site down right now? able to get into the forums but main site seems inaccessible.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

I think the 'Space' section of BR needs major updating and redesigning, something more like the Navy section. There is so much info to added and updated. Arun saar, please respond.
GuruPrabhu
BRFite

Post by GuruPrabhu »

Quick-gun-Jagan,

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORC ... adges.html

This image does not have a high quality link - Image
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I have been unable to access BR main site for 2 days.

Anyone else in India with such issues?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

shiv wrote:I have been unable to access BR main site for 2 days.

Anyone else in India with such issues?
No issues here. Maybe you could try the old trick of clearing up the cache