BR Forums Feedback

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Re: BR Forums Feedback

Post by RayC »

nikhil_p wrote:edited.
Just not cricket.

Please moderate your thoughts.

Or else......you will have to find a new hiding place!
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

I guess some people take internet forums, and life, way too seriously.
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

archan wrote:I guess some people take internet forums, and life, way too seriously.
Hey all...sorry if that was in bad taste...Admin Garu's please delete the offensive post...should have been in the Waa waa (whine) thread...
and I will take care of the language!
:oops:
Igorr
BRFite

Post by Igorr »

to mods.

Please gentlemen, help to our friend Shankar to set a sudden script reading mistake, appears each time he tries posting. Instead of regular scenario then 'you starting a new thread' message appears, and after 'submit' command all the text just disappears. Unfortunately he said no answer from the moderators he get for this problem after repeated ask. Thank in advance!
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

I have no clue, and perhaps it is the same for other moderators as well. We do not have any powers to make any changes or troubleshoot technical issues related to bulletin board or website, nor do we have any expertise. Perhaps he should try and contact the webmaster.
The problem is, this could simply be due to his computer/browser/operating system and not due to the forum software. Nobody else has this problem.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Igorr,
I think I understand what the problem is.

is he clicking the left side button. it has "[CAUTION: You will be starting a new thread!]" written underneath, which of course will try to create a new thread.
the positions of the reply and new thread buttons have been flipped.

could you ask him to click the right side button Image for posting ?
regards.
Igorr
BRFite

Post by Igorr »

Rahul M wrote:Igorr,
I think I understand what the problem is.

is he clicking the left side button. it has "[CAUTION: You will be starting a new thread!]" written underneath, which of course will try to create a new thread.
the positions of the reply and new thread buttons have been flipped.

could you ask him to click the right side button Image for posting ?
regards.
He tried already the right button and even the 'quote' button on the different posts for responses. It was done from different browsers as well (IE and FreFox). OK will try on different computer...
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Igorr wrote:to mods.

Please gentlemen, help to our friend Shankar to set a sudden script reading mistake, appears each time he tries posting. Instead of regular scenario then 'you starting a new thread' message appears, and after 'submit' command all the text just disappears. Unfortunately he said no answer from the moderators he get for this problem after repeated ask. Thank in advance!

Had the same issue. Clearing up the cache did the trick
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

Hey guys,

I am having a funny problem. Whenever I type a reply on BRF on my laptop, if the column length text exceeds the size of window then instead of the text smoothly scrolling up, starts jumping around when I type more. What gives?

I don't have this problem on my desktop.

Using IE and Windows XP
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Got anything against firefox or just love IE? try firefox and see if the same problem persists.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

thought this smilie would be a good one for bradmins here:

Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Raj Malhotra wrote:Hey guys,

I am having a funny problem. Whenever I type a reply on BRF on my laptop, if the column length text exceeds the size of window then instead of the text smoothly scrolling up, starts jumping around when I type more. What gives?

I don't have this problem on my desktop.

Using IE and Windows XP
I have had similar problems as well. No idea what changed in the last two weeks. will check PHPBB about it.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Same thing for me too. I type in notepad and then copy + paste the text from it.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Here is temporary fix. Aparently the issue is because of IE8 and/or Vista
It's possible that this site isn't fully standards compliant. In that case, activate IE 8's Compatibility View by clicking the icon next to the address bar that looks like a broken piece of paper. This will force IE 8 to render the page like IE 7 does, which may fix this issue. IE 8 will then conveniently continue to turn on Compatibility View whenever you visit this domain.
Vincent
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Vincent »

BR has failed on multiple fronts as a think tank.

EDITED EDITED EDITED

BR is finally for the better.
Last edited by Jagan on 02 Oct 2009 09:22, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Thanks for the intro, maybe you want to start off on a more polite note?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

...and we thought one-click bans were not a good idea. :mrgreen:
Jagan garu, think of how much headache they could save in "the obvious" cases. :twisted:
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

Vincent wrote:BR has failed on multiple fronts as a think tank..............
Errr BR has never claimed to be a Think Tank. BR is an Indian Military Site which also started a Military Forum when it began. I'll let you into a little secret, legend has it that when the forum started it attracted a LOT of riff raff who refused to color inside the line and stick to military topics (either because they didn't care about military stuff or they were looking for a respectable high visibility platform to vent) and wanted to go vent their pet peeves about everything from babus, netas and how they think the country should be run. While BR Military Forum was strictly moderated and expected you to be FACT BASED, it was understood that all the strategic shouting matches could not be. So in a Chanakiyan move they were given their own sub forum called the Strategic Forum. Now this was a brilliant move but it kind of back fired.....the level of Hot Air has never really gone down....but somehow the Strat Forum (by now known as the Hot Air forum) started deluding themselves into believing that they could function as a think tank. It's more a Stink Tank more than a Think Tank.

But being Indians we have learned to co-exist with the Hot Air forum and let them delude themselves about being a Think Tank. Apne Baap ka kya jata hai.

Off course all this is my observation....BR Management will disavow any association with my thoughts. They will officially tell you that Hot Air Forum is an integral part of BRF. :D
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

GJ, sadly that was the first and last post by vincent on BR.
even more unfortunate is the fact that jagan edited that post and prevented its wider 'dissemination'. it was a truly entertaining post, something you surely would have appreciated. :)
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

Rahul M wrote:GJ, sadly that was the first and last post by vincent on BR.
even more unfortunate is the fact that jagan edited that post and prevented its wider 'dissemination'. it was a truly entertaining post, something you surely would have appreciated. :)
That's ok even if you get banned/take sanyaas from BRF you still come back to read stuff. BRF is the borg. Besides its more a public service announcement for folks who might mistake the Hot Air forum to be some sort of Strategic Think Tank. :D
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Rahul M wrote:GJ, sadly that was the first and last post by vincent on BR.

Hey you just have to ask

1. It has failed to anticipate calculations of opposing forces.
2. It has failed to determine the intentions of global neutral forces like the United States.
3. It has failed to even anticipate the course of Indian procurement or policy decisions, which makes it a non-player in its own field.
4. Constant bickering over trivial things.
5. Inability to accept reasoned debate but keeps to dogmatic views based on national lines.
6. Lots of sweating middle aged men disparaging this piece of equipment or that when they've never even served or even held a rifle.
7. Brochure bashing is the number one profession.
8. Lots of third world country snake oil salesmen like the Russians.
9. Inability to provide technical or scientific viewpoints except for what is propagandized.
10. Reflexive hate of anything non-Indian or non-backward, same thing.

But don't worry, Vincent of Ajaishukla and Livefist fame is finally here to set things right. I am told by Rahul M that this place is heaving with rocket scientists, child prodigies and middle aged sweaty upper lipped men with shining thinning scalps. No real men.

I was an army commando officer. I trained with Ghurkas. That's all you need to know before I give you my opinion in a loud and clear volley in my no-bullshit zone.

George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

Jagan wrote:

1. It has failed to anticipate calculations of opposing forces.
I was an army commando officer. I trained with Ghurkas. That's all you need to know before I give you my opinion in a loud and clear volley in my no-bullshit zone.
My gwad I have never seen a more perfect fit for Hot Air Forum. I am sure Hot Air jingos will mourn his early exit. Its a shame to see such pompous talent go to waste.

Since this is the feedback thread I have some constructive advice:
I noticed that if you DON'T log in you don't see the General Discussion Forum, that's a pretty cool feature. Is there anyway we can HIDE the Hot Air Forum too? :D Bring out the general discussion and put the Hot Air forum in the purdah. :twisted: It is after all BRF ki shaan it must be protected.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

I rarely visit this thread but I think i've been missing some spectacular stuff! Hilarious. Should've let him post a couple more times before you shut him out - just for the hell of it - never seen the like! Damn mods here are all Kilkenny-quick.

CM.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

RayC,

I am quoting certain specific parts of your post one again.
So, personally, when I find 'considered' opinions delivered in a vacuum of a 'sub junta' attitude (know all) air of superciliousness, it does vindicate the remarks I gave and justifies that it was indeed warranted. Are you aware what rules the Moderators are subjected to? You imply that we are a circus. Rest your pretty head in peace. This is no circus. We are watching over you and there are those who are watching over us and they are more than fair and more with you than with us. So, get that straight

If you feel that the Moderators are a bunch of idiots, then please email the Webmaster and state what great fools we are and how you should take our place.

If you feel that we Moderators revel in 'power', take another guess. Most of us have/had positions where we had so much of power that it no longer excites in a juvenile way!

A)
I initially mentioned that the mods have failed for not spotting the trouble brewing in the Pokhran thread. This has led to one of the members, who has made immense contribution to the site, quitting BRF.
Please tell me why this is NOT a failure from BRF mods. While the mods are quick to edit posts from relatively new members, they are quite reticent for the established players. Why weren't select words from several senior members corrected?

B )
If indeed, as you claim, there is equality on this forum, pray tell me why you chose the words highlighted above. Yet you claim
If you feel that we Moderators revel in 'power', take another guess.
Indeed, your creation of straw men, shows your have an intention of coming down far too heavily on stuff I "implied". Examples:
You imply that we are a circus
Moderators are a bunch of idiots
What are you..a mind-reader? :)Or is it that you needed a channel to vent your views to the wider audience? In any case, why the aggression?

Just because I used the word "failed" , it does not mean that it had a wider meaning ( as you have tried hard to project it as ). Far from it. I still believe that * that particular thread * could have done with more moderation and things would not have come to such a pass.
If I had led you to believe otherwise, I do apologize.

My posts were simple, to the point and had everything to do with point A above. Terse and yet not rude.
Yours borders on outright abuse. Seriously , you can disagree in a more civilized manner.

May I request you to *please* tone down your language.

I still stick to my belief that you have a tough job to do and I respect your position here
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Neela wrote:RayC,

I am quoting certain specific parts of your post one again.
So, personally, when I find 'considered' opinions delivered in a vacuum of a 'sub junta' attitude (know all) air of superciliousness, it does vindicate the remarks I gave and justifies that it was indeed warranted. Are you aware what rules the Moderators are subjected to? You imply that we are a circus. Rest your pretty head in peace. This is no circus. We are watching over you and there are those who are watching over us and they are more than fair and more with you than with us. So, get that straight

If you feel that the Moderators are a bunch of idiots, then please email the Webmaster and state what great fools we are and how you should take our place.

If you feel that we Moderators revel in 'power', take another guess. Most of us have/had positions where we had so much of power that it no longer excites in a juvenile way!

A)
I initially mentioned that the mods have failed for not spotting the trouble brewing in the Pokhran thread. This has led to one of the members, who has made immense contribution to the site, quitting BRF.
Please tell me why this is NOT a failure from BRF mods. While the mods are quick to edit posts from relatively new members, they are quite reticent for the established players. Why weren't select words from several senior members corrected?

B )
If indeed, as you claim, there is equality on this forum, pray tell me why you chose the words highlighted above. Yet you claim
If you feel that we Moderators revel in 'power', take another guess.
Indeed, your creation of straw men, shows your have an intention of coming down far too heavily on stuff I "implied". Examples:
You imply that we are a circus
Moderators are a bunch of idiots
What are you..a mind-reader? :)Or is it that you needed a channel to vent your views to the wider audience? In any case, why the aggression?

Just because I used the word "failed" , it does not mean that it had a wider meaning ( as you have tried hard to project it as ). Far from it. I still believe that * that particular thread * could have done with more moderation and things would not have come to such a pass.
If I had led you to believe otherwise, I do apologize.

My posts were simple, to the point and had everything to do with point A above. Terse and yet not rude.
Yours borders on outright abuse. Seriously , you can disagree in a more civilized manner.

May I request you to *please* tone down your language.

I still stick to my belief that you have a tough job to do and I respect your position here

Neela,

This is what you wrote including the stuff in bold which is how you had done

rakall,

your reaction comes a little bit too late.
What you have quoted is just a teeny bit of many such posts from a lot of senior members of BRF.
Far too much has happened in the 130+ pages. Where were the mods through all this?

Senior members post with impunity here. I am appalled at the lack of basic courtesies and their choice of words.

From this beginning, this thread was bound to be controversial. Common sense should have prevailed and a few more mods to monitor this thread would have helped. It takes very little for things to spiral out of control. The mods slept through all this.

Anujan is right. Disagreements should be handled in a better way.

But it is important to remember that BR needs certain people for their contributions.Fact!
The job of the mods is to hold the pieces together. The mods have failed!
Bold was yours
First of all, I don't have to reply, yet out of civility, I am doing so.

The job of the Moderators is to ensure conduct is as smooth as possible.

They are human and they have a job elsewhere, beyond the BRF, that keeps the hearth and home in order. Therefore, they do not merely gaze into the computer screen 24x7 hawklike on the BRF. Do also see how many threads are ongoing and how fast and thick the posts come in. Therefore, there is every possibility that things are being missed out. If errors and omissions because we are not robots and instead human, can be construed as 'failed' people, then yes, the Moderators are a failed lot!

Failure or failed maybe common place to many. Not to me. Indeed, I take umbrage, more in the light of the acrimony and epithet hurling that was rife that led to very unfortunate and most unpleasant of situations that we were trying to bring the situation under control. And we could do without those who were fanning the fire. It is but obvious that in such circumstance where near anarchy was being put in place one had to intervene with a firm hand. If that is a fault, I am guilty. Do I regret it? NO.

The person who quit was not only a member, but a BR Webmaster! Therefore, you can well realise the gravity of the situation and people could do better than cause further turmoil and hurl accusations. I might as well add that if the Moderators did not allow slack, then many a thread would have choked in its own mess!

I am afraid that you are mistaken if you feel 'established players' can get away with murder. Many an 'established player' has been warned and even shown the door! This is another one of your assumptions that is unfounded, but capable of encouraging others to pick up the refrain without facts and then spiralling the thread into another mess with more accusation that the Mods have failed!!! And you claim I am Mind-reader!

I am not a Mind reader. I also do not require the BRF to as a channel to vent your views to the wider audience. I have addressed a greater audience in real life and also been on the electronic media which included BBC, CNN. Therefore, while you feel I am mind reader requring a channel to vent my views to a wider audience, I find myself handicapped to reciprocate your sentiment.

Why the aggression? I leave it to you given the explanation above. I concede that I am no Mahatma Gandhi. He was a great man and even if you encourage me, I know my limitations!

I am afraid given the circumstances and turmoil going on, there was no scope to tone down anything. I rarely intervene, but when I do, I mean business and not anything namby pamby or PC - take it for what it is worth!

I have nothing against your posts. I only had a problem with this post of yours where we were trying to bring the situation under control and you and others were stoking the fire, when it was about to be extinguished and things getting back to normal.

I have nothing personal against you or anyone else or their posts. In fact, I have only once added a post before in this thread; again with the aim of calming ruffled feathers. I have no interest in this thread otherwise, since I was neither connected with the nuclear tests nor anywhere remotely interested in joining discussions and act an 'expert', which I presume most who have joined discussion and rubbishing the scientists on either side of the debate, are; or at least they assume that on their shoulders as it appears to me. Who am I amongst such giants?

I do not fancy myself as a nuclear scientist, though I have seen the Kalpakkam Nuclear reactor and have been taken on a conducted tour! Does that make me a nuclear 'think tank', or a nuclear scientist?

Being a Moderator is not a tough job per se, but it does wreck up what Dale Carneigie had written - How to Win Friends and Influence People! We lose friends and I daresay we influence anyone! ;) :)
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Even now we are being flooded by reported posts on Pok II.

Therefore, please bear with us.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

RayC wrote: First of all, I don't have to reply, yet out of civility, I am doing so.
Thank you for being so condescending. I am honoured. :roll:
People reply out of civility and that * is * basic manners. This is a very weird statement and somehow your claims of equality does not gel well with this.

They are human and they have a job elsewhere, beyond the BRF, that keeps the hearth and home in order. Therefore, they do not merely gaze into the computer screen 24x7 hawklike on the BRF. Do also see how many threads are ongoing and how fast and thick the posts come in. Therefore, there is every possibility that things are being missed out. If errors and omissions because we are not robots and instead human, can be construed as 'failed' people, then yes, the Moderators are a failed lot!
At 130+ pages and a lot of noise spilling over to other threads, this somehow looks like a very bad excuse. Factions being formed and threats of court cases were seen....if that isn't an alarm, I wonder what else is.
Failure or failed maybe common place to many. Not to me. Indeed, I take umbrage, more in the light of the acrimony and epithet hurling that was rife that led to very unfortunate and most unpleasant of situations that we were trying to bring the situation under control. And we could do without those who were fanning the fire. It is but obvious that in such circumstance where near anarchy was being put in place one had to intervene with a firm hand. If that is a fault, I am guilty. Do I regret it? NO.
Agreed.
I am afraid that you are mistaken if you feel 'established players' can get away with murder. Many an 'established player' has been warned and even shown the door! This is another one of your assumptions that is unfounded, but capable of encouraging others to pick up the refrain without facts and then spiralling the thread into another mess with more accusation that the Mods have failed!!! And you claim I am Mind-reader!
In general I would agree. Mods responds within 1-4 hours in most cases.

Why the aggression? I leave it to you given the explanation above. I concede that I am no Mahatma Gandhi. He was a great man and even if you encourage me, I know my limitations!

I am afraid given the circumstances and turmoil going on, there was no scope to tone down anything. I rarely intervene, but when I do, I mean business and not anything namby pamby or PC - take it for what it is worth!
Given the circumstances, I think you had little choice . But as mentioned before, if mods had watched over the thread once in a while , we wouldn't be having this.

There are two other issues that I would like to being to the mods notice.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/Guidelines.html
Cooperation and understanding is actively sought from forum members, as well as well thought out intellectual contributions. If you have knowledge, don't display it as fancy jargon
This I can tell is being blatantly violated (using pingrezi) despite repeated calls for use in the BENIS thread only. Will the mods look to enforce this?

The second one is the use of derogatory language and words. This needs to be drafted and included in the Forum guidelines.

Just my small little feedback.
animesharma
BRFite

Post by animesharma »

Dear mods

I have been reading BR for over 3-4 years as guest, its recently that i am active.
I have a suggestion based on my short stay in this community.

As new and young members have joined the forum, their eagerness to join the discussion is very productive for BR. But it has also resulted in dilution of quality and flow.
You can understand it in this way.. if i am reading consecutive 5-6 posts and when i am about to read the next post, i am expecting some progress in topic of discussion. However if there's a post which takes the tone down.. it kind of breaks the flow.(mostly due to human emotion overflow in technical topics).

I can suggest a way out.. you are aware of members who run the show and the rest who are audience. Can you make their name appear bold or some visually distinguishing, so that the reader can read the concerned post and just skip the rest if he is short of time.
(If you do decide to consider my advice, please differentiate only on the basis of knowledge)
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

^^ While I agree on the degrading quality of some forums, I strongly disagree with your suggestion. How can you categorize who is knowledgeable and who is not? True, there are some obvious members, but I have not found it an isolated case where I have been able to learn much from relatively new members or from members who are not regular posters.
It is better that you use friends and foe option to avoid the posters whose posts you would rather not see.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Neela,

Just to clarify.

I don't visit all threads.

The POK II was something that did not excite me since it is well above my payscale and I have no pretensions to know a damn about it from the technical standpoint.

However, when the situation exploded, I looked in and what I saw was not palatable. Hence, I acted.

I am not aware of what is BENIS. It must be some junk as is that one called Nukkad, where I visited once and took action and was told to lay off since that was a thread where people of my temperament need not visit.

That is how it stands.

If I see something going astray, I will try to help out. Where I am told not to tread, I won't since I don't care either.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Regards B Raman calling BR a hindu forum:

this should be taken as a compliments.
Why so?

Hindus are inheritors of the Earth?

If so, where is it written and who wrote that?

And B Raman is some Oracle?
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Is there a way to have a person "switch on" their moderator tag (and thus not participate in the thread except as a moderator) and then "switch off" while participating ordinarily (and thus be a poster)? It may be somewhat symbolic, but a I feel a better arrangement. i realize there are all sorts of issues, not in the least that the number of moderators is a really small fraction of threads or members, but those issues could be addressed by "electing" or "inviting" temporary mods for threads from oldies or others.

Thanks
S
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

RayC wrote:

Why so?

RayC: As a moderator you could have said that BRF does not want to be seen as a place for religious discussion. So any such attribution by out side analysts is not welcome. As a moderator you could have set the tone neutral. You did not have to go the route you chose to go.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

RayC, Neela: Hope the "Friendly Fire" incident is over and put behind. RayC, Ms. Neela is one of our true "old-timers" from the heyday of the 1990s when she used to organize events to raise awareness about India's interests, and we all had to fight very hard to combat the ignorance (though very young, mind you!! :eek: ) though in a new avatar from what she was known by in the past. Must have written hajaar letters to editors, etc. etc. etc. in very difficult times.

Neela, RayC is a far more gentle and kind mod than I am, and you KNOW I am one of the kindest souls ever on BRF. 8) And his kindness and gentleness come by choice from having been through things that I cannot even imagine, on behalf of India and to protect all of us.

I read the start of this on the POK-3 thread, and I know that this whole thing is a result of a misunderstanding. Neela happened to wander into the middle of a "lathi-charge" that was brought on by very traumatic events elsewhere. I am sure Neela never means to cause any offence, and I am sure RayC never does either. Both pls believe that I know exactly what I am saying. You would agree on most things if you were to discuss them, much more than I would agree with either of you, for instance (Pls don't join together to beat me up now, I have plenty of "fans" waiting to do just that as you can see. Now they will say that I am giving them "labels" by calling them "fans" and that I really mean "fanatics". :shock: )

Peace. I may come back later and erase all trace of the "discussion" because it was just unfortunate.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Can i ask gentle Moderater/s to remove my 2nd FIR as i feel it was/is unjustfied as gist of my message was missed and the alleged cause taken out of context?
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

My feedback
The last few days have been a disappointment on BRF quality. The quality of moderation has really gone down as compared to even last year.

I wonder why some members (including some moderators - eq N3) have a obsessive need to write only pengrezi when Moderators have themselves asked the forumites to limit it to one specific thread. Seems like moderators need be moderated.

Forcing people like Arun_S out of forum by using false logic and extraordinary pretense is some thing that can harm BRF the most.

The question is why moderators appeared "absent" or "mute spectators" when the POK-II thread could still be controlled. Why Shiv and others were not asked to ignore each others. IMO moderators have played a role of "silent instigators".

I request the current webmasters team to look into the "misuse of pengrezi as flowery flame baits".

After being associated with this forum for many years I feel sad that things have come to this. In hope of improvement .......
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

RayC wrote:

Why so?

SwamyG wrote: RayC: As a moderator you could have said that BRF does not want to be seen as a place for religious discussion. So any such attribution by out side analysts is not welcome. As a moderator you could have set the tone neutral. You did not have to go the route you chose to go.
I did not see anything wrong with his post. He did not insult any religion in his post. Which statement of his did you find objectionable and why?
Last edited by Gaur on 07 Oct 2009 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

RayC wrote:

Why so?

Rayc, please tone down the disparaging tone in your posts when it comes to Hinduism.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

ksmahesh wrote:...............
I will leave the above post to other mods to moderate as they see fit.

btw ksmahesh, your other other duplicate ID has been permanently banned.
if a repeat of this sneaky tactics is ever detected it will mean a ban for this ID too.

I find it amusing that people who talk about low quality of moderation and so forth have no compunctions in using underhanded methods like creating sock-puppets to further their agenda.

=======
samuel sahab, the idea is actually that mods who participate in a thread don't usually moderate that thread (except in clear cut cases like use of profanities).
of course that is the ideal case and exceptions do happen (more due to the heavy work burden and need to do things ASAP than anything else), you may find that moderation in a thread is done by a different set of admins than the ones participating.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Parijat Gaur wrote: I did not see anything wrong with his post. He did not insult any religion in his post. Which statement of his did you find objectionable and why?
I highlighted that part, and placed my feedback.
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Thanks Rahul ji, it is nice to know that.
S