Telangana Monitor

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
skaranam
BRFite

Re: Telangana Monitor

Post by skaranam »

It has been Stage-managing by Congress from begining - Create yourself a perceivably difficult situation so people from Delhi can seemingly yield to demands under helpless condition.
Is this an indication that the madam is losing control of the state cong. party....seems unlikely.
but again the interface is Mr. Moily, Mr. Pranab..

who is playing the spoil sport and for what do they gain from it....
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

skaranam wrote:
It has been Stage-managing by Congress from begining - Create yourself a perceivably difficult situation so people from Delhi can seemingly yield to demands under helpless condition.
Is this an indication that the madam is losing control of the state cong. party....seems unlikely.
but again the interface is Mr. Moily, Mr. Pranab..

who is playing the spoil sport and for what do they gain from it....
Pranab, Digvijay singh, etc have been speaking for the other side.

Meanwhile, to "nip in the bud **" on any issues prior to 1956 and limit United AP negotiating scope, it is 'All- Madrasi' Committee For Telangana (http://www.gulte.com/index.php?andhra-p ... &link=2230)

http://telugunewstoday.com/i/news/1269
"29th Jan, 2010: A day after Home Minister Chidambaram declared that there will be a committee constituted to take the Telangana process forward, the Seemandhra JAC created to keep the state united has said that there will be serious consequences if there were any moves to divide the state.

Visibly wild, the leaders of the JAC, led by Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, said that they were willing to lay their lives down to keep the state united. If smaller states were better for administration and governance, he asked why Tamil Nadu is not being broken up.

Tamil Nadu, Union Home Minister Chidambaram's home state, has been traditionally competing with, and losing many times to, Andhra Pradesh for huge investments and events, and is seen to be an immediate beneficiary if AP breaks up into 2 smaller states with much lesser clout than the whole. It's say at the Centre also gets bigger. It is in this context that Devineni's question must be seen.

It is popularly considered that dividing the state will see a reprisal of the agitation the Andhra and Rayalaseema areas saw when Chidambaram made his original December 9 statement saying that Telangana will be formed. Many leaders of the Seemandhra region are gearing up for protests again."
Last edited by ShyamSP on 29 Jan 2010 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
Bharath.Subramanyam
BRFite

Post by Bharath.Subramanyam »

See some interesting writing on new states & governance

http://antyodaya.wordpress.com/

This blog talks about "Sophomoric Debate on Demand for New States" in view of Administrative Reforms &
Constituional Reforms
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

ShyamSP wrote: 'All- Madrasi' Committee For Telangana
What else should I have expected from the Rayalaseema whine-boy?

From the link you posted,
Already, one strong Tamilian, Narasimhan has been sent as the governor so if the committee also comprises of the Tamil gang, one can understand where all these are coming from.
From wiki,
Narasimhan belongs to the 1968 batch of IPS from Andhra Pradesh cadre.
And he was the former IB chief to boot,
http://www.indianexpress.com/oldStory/62544/
But all that is usurped by the fact that he was born in the then Madras Province in 1946. So how come he is an IPS officer from the AP cadre? Maajar fluke?! May be, if you stop seeing ghosts at every turn and use your brain for a change, a big IF, given your drivel on this thread, may be you will see the logic of this article.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story ... +jobs.html
But I doubt it, so continue your all-Madrasi bullshit. You anyway have the license to be a pest.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

TN is not a party to this dispute! Let us not score self goals by painting all and sundry with a tar brush. Telanagana may or may not be created only at one place and that is 10 Janpath. The only way to punish or reward someone in democracy is to vote and if joint Andhra people are a majority then INC should become history in AP and if it does not then United Andhra Camp is clearly the minority party here. Either ways the onus lies on united Andhra Pradesh camp to thwart a division. Name calling is no action.
Last edited by munna on 29 Jan 2010 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Also quite a few Telugus have 'an' ending names.

Eg. Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:
ShyamSP wrote: 'All- Madrasi' Committee For Telangana
What else should I have expected from the Rayalaseema whine-boy?
Stan, it was the title of the article so you can stop your whine-fest. Don't get wrapped in the mindset that we're picking on "Madrasi", which Andhra also falls under once. Analyze the events and don't whine when I mention name "Tamil"

It is early to say as they haven't announced name. But we can look at Center's intention to put all Tamilians. Could that be if they put North Indians, there can be North vs South arguments raised. If they put Tamilians, they can create antagonism towards Tamilian elites. So in the future, if they have to divide Tamilnadu, they can put Telugus who then could split Tamil Nadu with vengence.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

munna wrote:TN is not a party to this dispute! Let us not score self goals by painting all and sundry with a tar brush. Telanagana may or may not be created only at one place and that is 10 Janpath. The only way to punish or reward someone in democracy is to vote and if joint Andhra people are a majority then INC should become history in AP and if it does not then United Andhra Camp is clearly the minority party here. Either ways the onus lies on united Andhra Pradesh camp to thwart a division. Name calling is no action.
All language-based states invariably get dragged. It is important to note TN is a lever for United AP.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

munna wrote:TN is not a party to this dispute! Let us not score self goals by painting all and sundry with a tar brush. Telanagana may or may not be created only at one place and that is 10 Janpath. The only way to punish or reward someone in democracy is to vote and if joint Andhra people are a majority then INC should become history in AP and if it does not then United Andhra Camp is clearly the minority party here. Either ways the onus lies on united Andhra Pradesh camp to thwart a division. Name calling is no action.
munna ji,

if the following is true then TN will be party to the dispute being a state that gets water from Krishna river.
skaranam wrote:Flash News on Local ABN "Andhrajyothy" channel...

A New committee will be formed....It will look into issues

1. Financial Resources
2. Law & order
3. State Capital
4. Water Resources
5. Administrative
6. Geographical

The committee will be headed by Justice SriKrishna. A timeline and members of committee are yet to be announced.
Just my 2 cents
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

ShyamSP wrote:Vundavalli vuvacha on nature of committee and difficulties in putting parliament bill and some history on Telengana area of Hyderabad state being merged into AP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOwCS-we02w
This is a nice summary. Thanks Shyam garu.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

Muppalla wrote: if the following is true then TN will be party to the dispute being a state that gets water from Krishna river.
Only problem with this logic is that if TN had to break a state to overcome its water takleefs [of which there are many, some real and a few imagined], then it would have to choose Karnataka over Cauvery and pray to the "great engineer" to give Kerala some Mullai Periyar sense rather than AP from which it has been happily and regularly getting its share of water of the Telugu Ganga water, as Krishna water is called in TN, at least as per my understanding.
munna
BRFite
Location: Pee Arr Eff's resident Constitution Compliance Strategist (Phd, with upper hand)

Post by munna »

Muppalla wrote: munna ji,

if the following is true then TN will be party to the dispute being a state that gets water from Krishna river.
skaranam wrote:Flash News on Local ABN "Andhrajyothy" channel...

A New committee will be formed....It will look into issues

1. Financial Resources
2. Law & order
3. State Capital
4. Water Resources
5. Administrative
6. Geographical

The committee will be headed by Justice SriKrishna. A timeline and members of committee are yet to be announced.
Just my 2 cents
Mupallaji all of our states have some or other kind of interdependence with each other and that makes up our entire nation. My question is why should TN be dragged in a dispute that has primarily two parties a) Telangana Vaadis b) Joint Andhra Supporters? The point is that when own house is divided calling peripheral parties names would weaken the case of Joint Andhra supporters. Hence the need of the hour is to show support on ground and demostrate a probable political punishment for erring parties, if indeed the Joint Andhra Camp is in majority. Otherwise I am afraid the Telangana Vaadis seem set to take the set and match comfortably (with due blessings of Dilli).
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Munna, Telugu Ganga water to Chennai is one-sided gesture by AP to TN. It was mostly due to NTR's love for Tamilnadu and MGR whose rule influenced early policies of NTR when he came to power. Water to TN is under AP state purview.

You see it Tvadis vs United AP. But as for United AP side, they are fighting twin battele. One with Telanganavadis at one side. At a broader level, they are fighting for Telugu interests and to keep language-based setup and for the promises GoI and GoAP made for state unity, resources, and capital city.

There is limited coverage in National media on many perspectives so many see it as two groups fighting (at least that is how Center is stage-managing).
Last edited by ShyamSP on 30 Jan 2010 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Mupallaji all of our states have some or other kind of interdependence with each other and that makes up our entire nation. My question is why should TN be dragged in a dispute that has primarily two parties a) Telangana Vaadis b) Joint Andhra Supporters? The point is that when own house is divided calling peripheral parties names would weaken the case of Joint Andhra supporters. Hence the need of the hour is to show support on ground and demostrate a probable political punishment for erring parties, if indeed the Joint Andhra Camp is in majority. Otherwise I am afraid the Telangana Vaadis seem set to take the set and match comfortably (with due blessings of Dilli).
Munnaji, I think I should have been clear. It is not that they will be bashed or take sides but if the proposed committee starts property division like that happens during a Joint family division then TN will have to included in the discussions as TN has paid money to construct the Telugu Ganga project. I guess it was some 500 crores in 90s that Jaya as CM paid towards the project. It was only drinking water.

If water resources are not part of the agenda for the committe then you are right there is no role for TN.

Regarding TN and Tamil babus: Irrespective of they are partial and impartial (I hope they are good and impartial) there is some insensitivity in the way the center is handling the whole issue. The central politicos in INC have no historical knowledge of how AP formed and the fissures between Telugus and Tamils ( even if they are perceived). As though India is bankurpt of experts, why in the world they have to choose Tamilans for this purpose? Even if they do a good job, I gaurantee you that there will be calls that "We Rayalaseema* folks got bad deal because of Tamils".

* The reference regarding Rayalaseema is because they are the only ones who are bound to have loss in the AP split. The coastal folks will not lose anything materially.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Stan_Savljevic wrote:
Muppalla wrote: if the following is true then TN will be party to the dispute being a state that gets water from Krishna river.
Only problem with this logic is that if TN had to break a state to overcome its water takleefs [of which there are many, some real and a few imagined], then it would have to choose Karnataka over Cauvery and pray to the "great engineer" to give Kerala some Mullai Periyar sense rather than AP from which it has been happily and regularly getting its share of water of the Telugu Ganga water, as Krishna water is called in TN, at least as per my understanding.
Stan - Clarification: I did not mean that TN is dividing AP for water resources.

However, I also gaurantee you that Rayalaseema representatives will put such a demand that Krishna water will never reach TN and TN will have to involve itself to get its share for which it negotiated a contract and paid a small portion of money.
munna
BRFite

Post by munna »

ShyamSP wrote:There is limited coverage in National media on many perspectives so many see it as two groups fighting (at least that is how Center is stage-managing).
Frankly speaking given the emotions involved and sudden rejuvenation of the issue there is more to it than meets the eye! I am positive that Dilli has given its blessings to all the machinations and that is why I propose to not pick up fights on all fronts when some of them are clearly peripheral. If Joint Andhra Supporters need to send a message then it can only be through rejuvenation of an opposition party in AP otherwise I am afraid a lot of jingos will end up being taken for a ride by motivated interests. Since Dilli is playing on both sides I would suggest deciding and defining a political option and not getting into slugfests with your neighbors who are merely watching from sides.
Mupalla wrote:Regarding TN and Tamil babus: Irrespective of they are partial and impartial (I hope they are good and impartial) there is some insensitivity in the way the center is handling the whole issue. The central politicos in INC have no historical knowledge of how AP formed and the fissures between Telugus and Tamils ( even if they are perceived). As though India is bankurpt of experts, why in the world they have to choose Tamilans for this purpose? Even if they do a good job, I gaurantee you that there will be calls that "We Rayalaseema* folks got bad deal because of Tamils".
Again Mupallaji United Andhra camp needs to pick its fights carefully, instead of dealing with core of the problem dragging in provincial origins of civil servants would weaken your cause through a pliable media. The only sensible course of action is to hit at one thing that politicos hate to lose-"power", rest all will fall in line.
Stan_Savljevic
BRF Oldie

Post by Stan_Savljevic »

ShyamSP wrote:Munna, Telugu Ganga water to Chennai is one-sided gesture by AP to TN. It was mostly due to NTR's love for Tamilnadu and MGR whose rule influenced early policies of NTR when he came to power. Water to TN is under AP state purview.
Yes, one sided, but TN mediated between the three Krishna basin states of Maharashtra, Karnataka and AP, and settled an issue that had been pending from the early-50s. The initial agreement was signed on on 14th April 1976 between MGR and M. Channa Reddy, representing the two governments. NTR and his Telugu Desam Party was voted into power in a record nine months after its establishment on March 29, 1982. The "love" of NTR for TN was actually a move to combine implementing the previous agreement with TN and simultaneously getting water to the parched areas of Rayalaseema. There were objections and counter-objections by the other Krishna basin states to this change of plan. See http://dlc.dlib.indiana.edu/dlc/handle/10535/1094 to understand the political travails the project went through. Needless to say, Madras being in the shadow region of the southwest monsoon that hits almost every part of India except parts of Rajasthan and J&K, is thankful for getting parts of its drinking water supply from the Krishna basin states.

Muppalla: See the above document, I think we have been there many times before. The agreement was signed in the 70s and Madras is diversifying its water supply sources to take care of future minefields. It is a long drawn exercise given the way Madras folk treat their famous Buckingham Canal a la Cooum River, but sea water recycling is not very far off. It should happen within the next ten years, if things go right. I may be dreaming, but we will have to see: http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2006/3 ... desal.html As of date, two desal plants are almost there: one at Kattupalli/Minjur and the other at Nemmeli.
http://www.tn.gov.in/spc/annualplan/ap2 ... SUPPLY.pdf
joshvajohn
BRFite

Post by joshvajohn »

End to T row? Form Rayala-Telangana!
Mir Ayoob Ali Khan , TNN, 30 January 2010, 01:12am IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 515114.cms

Interesting!!

Telangana: JAC to go ahead with protests till February 7
http://beta.thehindu.com/news/national/article97235.ece
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

munna wrote:Again Mupallaji United Andhra camp needs to pick its fights carefully, instead of dealing with core of the problem dragging in provincial origins of civil servants would weaken your cause through a pliable media. The only sensible course of action is to hit at one thing that politicos hate to lose-"power", rest all will fall in line.
That was the reason for this backpedalling and slow motion. I wanted to reply to you regarding the politics but I was lazy. It is Friday so let me indulge.

Regarding your comment about weakening/strentheing of movement, I do not think so as it is pure muscle power and political power that is being unleashed here. INC has its limitations and their own folks will bring the Tamilian-are-unfair-to-us deliberately. If it was me, I would have avoided all the Tamilains in the committe from deciding the future of AP. Why get into nuisance that can snowball into regional controversies?

INC is sitting pretty in the state so far. INC's calculation was that IMs+Dalits+tribals will give them 30% of vote share for sure and these folks will be least bothered about the split though MIM is making hot and cold statements. They only need another 10% (or divide the opposition )to grab both states (Andhra and Telangana). They have the room to take the risks here and hence they took Telangana risk. From the central party analysts there is a desperate need to cut the AP-clout ( that has grown due to YSR inside INC).

United-AP forum looks like a uniting factor for Seemandhra folks but in real politics, I am not sure how much that will translate to votes. Here are some possibilities:
(1) There is a possibility ( it is serious and this is the reason for backtracking and formation of the committe etc.) that INC in that region might split from the mothership and join NCP (may be :) ). Even in such a situation also Dalits and Tribals may still vote for whatever the INC remains. It all depends upon how all the parties will fight and not split the non-INC vote.
(2) The industrialists ( not the bloody real estate ones ) from this region are the silent movers and shakers and they can pull the strings and they are still not interested in the split. They will be behind the new formations. The rumor is that they are part of grand-pull-UPA-down strategy that is going on in the rumor mill. Sharad Pawar as PM is being touted seriously. The chances are very narrow as the mother-INC is not that stupid to not sense these moves. However, watch the Ajit pawar and Udddav Thakrey's meetings. There are certain alleged-secret-meetings that Sharad Pawar is having these days. Jaya amma was also in Dilli meeting various leaders but she is meeting mostly INC.
(3) They may think that this is all not worth it and may go for a Andhra state. Coastal folks may not really mind that much and they will just get back to their business of "watching each worthless movie 100 times", "trying for the next wave to US" and "making more money". However Rayalaseema will be the one that will not stop the agitation and they are verry verry violent folks. They will spoil any coastal "softening" here.

Telangana politics are very straight forward. In the short run INC will win handsdown. In the long run BJP has chances. I cannot visualize some regional outfits taking a shot here. I do not see Telangana-TDP surviving for a long time. A large section will merge with BJP and some with INC. TRS is history anyway.

2009 election is a watershed election in terms of decimating all regional satraps and parties except TDP(though it lost). This split will complete that last bastion as well is the thought process. As you are Punjabi allow me to put it this way. "Bring in Brindranwale to finish off Akalis" is equivalant to "bring in Telangana (TRS) to finish off TDP". I do not expect a Punjab problem here as it is not a border state unless Rayalaseema folks go for total bloodshed. I do not expect though.

However, the initial moves by UPA 2.0 is seen as a threat to even allies. Here are folks who are not happy with UPA:(1) NCP (2) Mamta (3) Laloo (4) Mulayam and at a very long shot (5)DMK. They all want space which is eroding due to manacing speed of INC. Anti-INC front like those in the 80s and early 90s is getting on the drawing board. BJP under the current RSS rule is thinking of taking a backstage by means of being part of any government even if is not in the leadership role. They want to implement Jharkand and Bihar model at the center which means Nitish or Sharad as PM with someone from BJP as Dy.PM. The Left may be ready too give outside support. The numbers are there and AP-INC split could be complementary.

If the above materializes, Telangana will be frozen as that cannot make to common minimum program.

I beleive INC must have calculated the INC-split factor in really back-peddaling the Telangana. The commitee is going thru financial, capital, water resources etc. These are difficult to solve unless some region is mananimous to giveup something. They may go for a status-quo.

Chalo enuff for now.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

You should start your own website and give that politicsparty guy a run for the money.

Call it all clear politics
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

Justice Srikrishna frontrunner for Telangana panel
Sources said that when the then Nizam State was merged with Andhra Pradesh (which was carved out from the Madras Presidency), a gentlemen agreement was reached between the two Chief Ministers that people from the Andhra/Rayalaseema regions would not buy properties in the Telangana areas.

Any idea about this property issue? Is this another J&K here....
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

I was reading somewhere thet Diwakar Reddy etc. from Rayalseema want to align with Telangana instead of Coastal Andhra. Rayalaseema seems to be giving two options (1) either trifurcate or (2) Create Coastal Andhra as seperate state from the current AP and rest with Hyd as capital.

This is interesting to me and why the Rayalaseema folks does not want to align with Coastal Andhra folks. It seems like everyone are making Coastal folks as a tribe which should not be touched.

ShyamSP garu what's going on here? I do not know psyche of Rayalaseema at all as I do not have much aquantence with south other than occassional visits to Tirupathi. I only know the media reports of factional fights and crude-bomb culture.

The whole point of Trifurcation/Bifurcation is without any plan. If the rich coastal AP folks are the "real takleef", there is no game plan about how will you stop them. This needs real discussion. How in the world you will stop someone who may be relatives in all the regions will be stopped using even some Article-370 type rules? What is that anyone is going to do or gain who are just a stone throw away?

One illusion is some how the riches of the coast will melt away after the bifurcation/trifurction. There is no chance or money ( to implement expensive technologies and projects ) to do such a thing other than collaborating with the current Multanis and drop a JDAM there.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Try to locate Neelam Sanjiva Reddygaru's reasons for merger of Andhra Pradesh.
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

I was reading somewhere thet Diwakar Reddy etc. from Rayalseema want to align with Telangana instead of Coastal Andhra. Rayalaseema seems to be giving two options (1) either trifurcate or (2) Create Coastal Andhra as seperate state from the current AP and rest with Hyd as capital.
Creating seema-telangana as an alternative to separate T is more of desperation by JC Diwakar Reddy. Of all permutations and combinations, this is one of most ridiculous proposal.

When T separatists raise slogans about Andhra rulers, and the ineffectiveness of all ministers other than CM in influencing development decisions in the state, they are indirectly pointing to the dominance Rayalaseema leaders. When they talk about injustice in river waters, their main gripe revolves around Krishna waters and how Rayalaseema siphoning Krishna water at the expense of Mahabubnagar and Nalgonda. So I don't understand how T vaadis agree to be merged with Rayalaseema.

It is no secret that JC Diwakar Reddy cannot work with coastal andhra leaders. Without Telangana, Seema leaders cannot dominate andhra politics like they did in united AP. He is so worried that he even demanded his district Anantapur to be merged with Karnataka should AP be split and not be part of separate Andhra. Such was his paranoia. The other issue that worries him could be the fact that it is impossible for Rayalaseema to have the capital for the separate seema-andhra state.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dasari, I guess you don't want to find out NSR's views? JC's ideas are from that lineage. I didnt know he is from Anantapur which is old stomping grounds of NSR.
joshvajohn
BRFite

Post by joshvajohn »

* Telangana supporters hold protests at collectorate
http://www.ptinews.com/news/495706_Tela ... lectorates
Dasari
BRFite

Post by Dasari »

ramana wrote:Dasari, I guess you don't want to find out NSR's views? JC's ideas are from that lineage. I didnt know he is from Anantapur which is old stomping grounds of NSR.
ramana,
Peripherally I know the role of NSR before and after formation of AP. But I don't have any idea what you are referring to. Can you shed some light? Also this supposed seem-telangana proposal from JC got to be a wild rumor as we didn't come across any news on this from any mainstream media.
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

T-Effect
“We don’t want to court any more trouble, especially given the situation prevalent now and hence decided not to allow spectators inside,’’ said an HCA official on Monday. He was obviously referring to the instance of crowd invading the ground on January 21 during a Twenty20 match that had to be cancelled. A goodly crowd made the most of a security lapse then to walk up to the pitch, uproot the stumps, stage a sit-in halfway to the pavilion before they were cleared off the ground by policemen.
Wonder what Prof. Kodandaram has to say..
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

http://www.eenadu.net/panelhtml.asp?qry ... panel6.htm

basic point- rough translation
In 1993 Chidu has written a book in which he has supported telangana and vidharbha seperation from respective states. Accusing him of just implemented them, they are asking how can such a person be a neutral arbitrer in this aspect today?

and then some rambling where they accuse Chidu of doing it so as to only benefit Chennai as he mentions only divisions of AP and maha but not TN for the basis of smaller states.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Not much news from the Telengana issue these days.

All has been calmed?
Virupaksha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Virupaksha »

RayC wrote:Not much news from the Telengana issue these days.

All has been calmed?
nope not yet.

basically the politicians from all parties formed a JAC and gave a deadline of Jan27. Chidu announced formation of a committee. So the JAC announced postpone to Feb7. Meanwhile Rajmata has ordered all congress to come out of JAC.

This is where the matter stands as of today.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Thanks.

Over here we get so little news of what's up!
anuj
BRFite

Post by anuj »

‘Last-ditch’ bid to prevent Centre
Realisation dawning slowly on them that the Centre may announce grant of a separate Telangna state `at any moment’, Telugu Desam leaders from Andhra-Rayalaseema are now making a last-ditch effort to create a rift within the Congress-led UPA Government. "The Centre may announce the formation of Telangana at any moment," said a TDP leader from Rayalaseema region after the Andhra and Rayalaseema leaders met at NTR Bhavan today.
The leaders will camp in Delhi on February 3 and 4 and meet Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and leaders of all UPA partners in a bid to convey their strong feelings to members of the Union Cabinet.
Return of the fantastic andhra argument.
The Andhra leaders will explain to the UPA partners that once Telangana is carved out Maoists will dominate the new state. They are also hopeful that the prime minister will oppose formation of separate Telangana in the wake of reports that the China is trying to use Nepal as its base to wage a war against the country and the reports that China even hacked the PMO’s website. As the Maoists are trying to build a `Red corridor’ across the country fron Nepal down to Srikakulam and Orissa, they are sure to regroup and re-emerge on the scene in a separate Telangana, the Andhra leaders say and are likely to place their viewpoint strongly before the Union Government and the Cabinet ministers belonging to different regional parties.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

This is not Andhra argument Anuj.

Who is your Vara Vara Rao, Gaddar, Kodanda Ram Kalyana Rao etc who sat in the stage when our "student leaders" told that Andhra people who go to their home towns for Shankrathi will not be allowed to return.

What about the Governers report widely leaked to the media on Naxals are now in the movement. It is now Naxals who are the main force behind T agitation and any security expert will tell you that.

Hope you note that you are in the forum where most of the people have some understanding on security related issues and know what naxals are. If you think we will think that they are 20th Cen Robin Hoods you are wrong.

Having passion for your idea is one thing and being blind to the dangers of what is happening is another.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

One more thing about the article you quoted. Telangana is not some thing which Delhi can "Grant" to KCR and his gang. As some TDP leader put it AP is not a cake which Rajamatha can cut and distribute amoung her loyal Telugu subjects.

There is some process involed wherein Parliament. President, Cabinet and the State Assembly are all to be involved at some point of time. You know very well as of now there is no majority for Telangana in the Assembly. You may feel confident about not having majority in the Assembly is not an issue and the Supreme Court Judgment in the case of Gujarath will rescue you and save the day. But I hope you know that the same Court can reconsider or revisit the entire issue if it is take up before it. This is not 1950's and the entire polity has changed now. Take what they have done with Art 356 or on appoitment of Judges. They have changed Law on many issues time and again. So let us not have stupid ideas based on the statement of KCR that Assembly is not an issue here.

Even otherwise do you really think the Delhi will go ahead with creation of Telangana even when the opinion from the Assembly is negative. It will open Pandora Box every where and will the state level parties in UPA be confortable with that idea and go along with Rajamatha.

he center is not going to do anything as one sided your people are hoping without provoking a very serious response from majority in AP people and they know it now. Whatever they do now they will be careful in doing it.

So please do not have any wet dreams.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Chidambara Rahasyam

- Andhra Jyothy (telugu news paper)

Free Translation
P Chidambaram opined that small states form the foundation for economic development in his 2003 article “Wake up to the case of states”. He published a book titled “A view from the outside” by compiling all his articles and essays.

(1) In his “Wakeup to the case of states” Chidambaram said that the people in small states will be relieved from depending on the governments {how?}. He observed that 11 CMs in past decade did not hinder Goa’s economic development, after it got carved out of Maharashtra. In this essay he opined that it doesn’t matter how many CMs are changed {very congressique} as long as the development continues.

(2) Chidambaram further explains his logic saying that Gujarat and Goa developed only after their separation from Maharastra and that Goa, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Haryana, and Punjab are competing with large states.

(3) He also believes that the separation of states should not depend upon political leaders’ demands and opinions, and instead must be done on the basis of Area, Population, and geographical properties {so that their mineral resources can be exploited by MNCs and feudals?}.

(4) Chidambaram cautions that not all states need splitting on this basis, and thinks that only Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh (Maharashtra 9.7 crores, Andhra 7.57 crores) require splitting creating Vidarbha and Telangana states {How convenient – Tamil Nadu with its 6.7 crore population didn’t cut the mark, you see}. PC also believes that another round of splitting is necessary in UP and Bihar {using his paki logic, I guess}.

(5) He attributes the dismal performance of Chhattisgarh and Jarkhand states to the inefficient governances and ineffective governments {he he heee, this he pulled from his *** after writing point (1) and (2) above}. PC notes that 45% of poor people of the nation live in these three states (Bihar, UP, and MP) and the development rate and per capita income are below national average {because they are ruled by non-INC govts?}.

I found the original ToI-let article in English here. Ensoi!
skaranam
BRFite

Post by skaranam »

Narayana Rao wrote:This is not Andhra argument Anuj.

Who is your Vara Vara Rao, Gaddar, Kodanda Ram Kalyana Rao etc who sat in the stage when our "student leaders" told that Andhra people who go to their home towns for Shankrathi will not be allowed to return.

What about the Governers report widely leaked to the media on Naxals are now in the movement. It is now Naxals who are the main force behind T agitation and any security expert will tell you that.

Hope you note that you are in the forum where most of the people have some understanding on security related issues and know what naxals are. If you think we will think that they are 20th Cen Robin Hoods you are wrong.

Having passion for your idea is one thing and being blind to the dangers of what is happening is another.

This was also the concern of our home minister Shri P. Chidambaram
From PIB
I wish to caution all political parties that there are forces waiting on the wings who ridicule the parliamentary form of democracy and who would be happy if we collectively fail to find answers to the issues that concern us, and we should not give any room for these forces to gain strength or credence.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

After reading page after page on telangana and Rayalaseema and Andhra, I have a question where does the northern andhra fall in all this. There is a famous term, "Srikakulam Adavulu". When ever somebody is sent on punishment location they are sent to Srikakulam etc. There is a huge part of northern Andhra, that is really poor and has high illiteracy rate. What about that, are they gonna split it into northern andhra or merge with orrisa.

Stan,

When you wrote about how the Colleges is Andhra have low levels of quality and ones in hyd and telangana and Rayalaseema are better, dont look at the Areas, look at the teachers, Where are the teachers from, not all the teachers in Hyd colleges are from T-State. All the colleges and Universities in India are infected with caste i dont think hyd is immune to it.

Body shopping or not, it resulted in a lot of cash flowing into India. We talk of all the Bad things of body shopping. But a guy from a Rurul town like vizianagaram gets a chance to go to US and make a few grand in a span of year or tow, he cares less about reputation of Indian IT etc. Andhra areas did benefit a lot from body shopping during 2000-2004 period and lot of them now have green cards etc.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »