Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by Gaur »

IAF Garuds.

biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

Gaur wrote:IAF Garuds.

http://i40.tinypic.com/50leyt.jpg
What a nice chin guard. :wink:
Last edited by Rahul M on 16 Mar 2010 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't quote posts with images.
Brando
BRFite

Post by Brando »

Strange thing about those Garuds is that they have all that stuff on but they dont seem to be wearing a bullet proof jacket !?

Also, aren't those NVGs gen 3 ? Looks kinda outdated considering whats available on the market. Also their scarves are nice. :wink:
Marut
BRFite

Post by Marut »

shiv wrote:
Marten wrote: Safely curled up in the foetal position.
India's defence minister makes you feel safely curled up in the foetal position?
The two times I was curled up in a foetal position was in a football match near the opponent's goal. I remember curling up as tight as I could and praying that no player steps or lands on me.

AKA reminds me of those moments. :roll:
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Brando wrote:Strange thing about those Garuds is that they have all that stuff on but they dont seem to be wearing a bullet proof jacket !?
Are BPJs always necessary for training? We do not know what they were training for. What if their training required climbing of steep slopes or mountain climbing simulation?
Also, aren't those NVGs gen 3 ? Looks kinda outdated considering whats available on the market. Also their scarves are nice. :wink:
The highest generation of NVGs available are of Gen 3. Also, how do they "look" outdated?
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

Shiv garu, I was just being facetious. The RM again looks bumbling anywhere near a weapon. After all he is an attorney (not my favorite profession for many reasons) and I think is a very poor RM ( which says a lot considering the men we have had in that post ).
Luxtor
BRFite

Post by Luxtor »

Tejas and others who are making fun of the DM, maybe you can explain what a DM should look like standing next to a machine gun. How about you standing next to a machine gun and take photo and post it here so we can decide whether you make us all feel secure looking at your picture. :roll:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

tejas wrote:Shiv garu, I was just being facetious. The RM again looks bumbling anywhere near a weapon. After all he is an attorney (not my favorite profession for many reasons) and I think is a very poor RM ( which says a lot considering the men we have had in that post ).
OT for this thread

My reply is here
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 30#p839830

Would appreciate a reply. Thanks.
Amit J
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Amit J »

Jagan wrote:
SRay wrote: Remember that the picture could always have been L-R flipped to go better with the webpage it was published on. .
That would require all the soldiers in the picture to be left handed - wouldnt it? they are holding guns right handed and would have to be left handed if the pic is flipped. what are the chances of that?
Most of the guys are wearing their watches correctly i.e.. on their left wrists so i doubt if the pic was flipped
Amit J
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Amit J »

Brando wrote:Strange thing about those Garuds is that they have all that stuff on but they dont seem to be wearing a bullet proof jacket !?

Actualy from all the pics on the Net I feel that the Garuds are the better equipped among all the SF wrt body armour
biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

Amit J wrote:

Actualy from all the pics on the Net I feel that the Garuds are the better equipped among all the SF wrt body armour
SPG count as a SF?
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

biswas wrote:
Amit J wrote:Actualy from all the pics on the Net I feel that the Garuds are the better equipped among all the SF wrt body armour
SPG count as a SF?
The discussion is about Garuds. Where did SPG come in?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

this thread is NOT for discussions. JEM has asked people once, I'm doing so again.
it would be warnings from next time.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Amit J wrote: Actualy from all the pics on the Net I feel that the Garuds are the better equipped among all the SF wrt body armour
Curious. I have yet to see a pic showing Garuds in body armor. Could you please post one for our benefit?
Thanks.
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

Image Image
Anthony Greets Brazil's Defense Minister!!!
VishalJ
BRFite

IAF Vintage

Post by VishalJ »

IAF Connie at London - Stansted, 1974
Do any of you know the answer to the photographer's question ?
If you do then please click on the Star Rating & Comment there Image (and here also incase that comment/remark gets rejected for some reason there :mrgreen: )

Another very High Quality photo of an IAF Connie at Northolt 1970
Akshut
BRFite

Post by Akshut »

Akshut wrote:Image
Madhya Pradesh Special Task Force and Anti Terrorist Squad teams during special commando training in the jungles of Kerva in Bhopal.
Bigger pic:

Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

Image Image
How's this for Similarities with IAF AND RAF??? One might just combine the two!!! They both have the same operating structure!
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Craig Alpert wrote: How's this for Similarities with IAF AND RAF??? One might just combine the two!!! They both have the same operating structure!
Of course they'll be similar... RIAF, which is now IAF, was after all a off shoot of RAF,... Is it astonishing that a child and its parents have a lot of commonality...
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Akshut wrote:[
Bigger pic:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vjahc3.jpg ]
Thanks Akshut.

It does have the BAlidan shape. Dont know who the guy in front is but highly unorthodox/unauthorised way of wearing one. (unless its a patch printed on the t-shirt)
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Hi Guys, checkout the Photographer's remark on this photo,
Linz Horsching - Austria Image
Remarks: The fourth out of six cargo-flights to India. FedEx carries about 420 horses and some donkeys to Delhi DEL (via Dubai DXB), using Mcdonnell Douglas MD-11F-long-haul-aircraft. The Indian military has ordered this big number of animals. Unfortunately, the weather has not been satisfying, when the first flights have taken place, but nevertheless, these old beauties even look great at rainy weather conditions.
Whats this ^ all about ?

The first IAF An-32's arrive in Kiev for their Overhaul/Retrofits - HIGH RES IMAGES
Image Image Image
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Jagan wrote:
Akshut wrote:[
Bigger pic:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vjahc3.jpg ]
Thanks Akshut.

It does have the BAlidan shape. Dont know who the guy in front is but highly unorthodox/unauthorised way of wearing one. (unless its a patch printed on the t-shirt)
I think it is sewn on to the t-shirt - have seen that once in some Para Cdo training pix. Interestingly the guy in front looks the same as one of the Para Cdos in the Chachro raid (part of Bhawani Singh's group) - iirc BR has that pic somewhere.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Raja Bose wrote:Interestingly the guy in front looks the same as one of the Para Cdos in the Chachro raid (part of Bhawani Singh's group) - iirc BR has that pic somewhere.
Another thing i observed is, him and the guy behind him are the only ones holding an MP5(?). Is it a training mission in the photograph?
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

The Indian Ambassador, Shri Devendra Nath Srivastava on his visit in Goma, Democratic Republic Congo, Indian Aviation Contingent Commander Gp Capt AK Nabh briefing various operational and support aspect provided by the IAC in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) on March 23, 2010.

http://pib.nic.in/release/phsmall.asp?phid=27882
biswas
BRFite

Post by biswas »

SDRE onleee
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Kakarat
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakarat »

Jagan, I have sent you a mail to your warbirds ID
Kindly check it
Last edited by Kakarat on 27 Mar 2010 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Aditya G wrote:IAF officer Sartaj Sehagal's gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sartajsehgal2007....
Thanx for the link. Amazing photos. Any idea which is the water body in this pic:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sartajsehga ... 8182630850

seems like one of the lakes in Ladakh. Any guesses?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

http://picasaweb.google.com/sartajsehga ... 9386707810

WOW! :eek:

Guess which part of the world you have to be in to fly at 20,000 feet and still have land above you?

You need to see this to see where the IAF and IA operate. I have seen so much "foreign-itis" in the past where it is claimed that everything the IA/IAF do are ordinary day to day stuff for all the big Air Forces of the world. This must be the social engineering that people keep talking about in the other forum :roll:
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

^^ That has to go down as one of the best pics of the Mirage 2000 I have seen.

Also the R73 armed MiG 21 during Op parakram looks ominous!
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Shameek wrote:^^ That has to go down as one of the best pics of the Mirage 2000 I have seen.

Also the R73 armed MiG 21 during Op parakram looks ominous!
I think it is a Magic
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

shiv wrote:http://picasaweb.google.com/sartajsehga ... 9386707810

WOW! :eek:

Guess which part of the world you have to be in to fly at 20,000 feet and still have land above you?

You need to see this to see where the IAF and IA operate. I have seen so much "foreign-itis" in the past where it is claimed that everything the IA/IAF do are ordinary day to day stuff for all the big Air Forces of the world. This must be the social engineering that people keep talking about in the other forum :roll:
Shiv, I don't know whether you or other posters noted, there is a map next to the pics...in some cases, it shows the location where the snap was taken. Show, where the IAF was doing "Valley-Flying"...
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

rohitvats wrote: Shiv, I don't know whether you or other posters noted, there is a map next to the pics...in some cases, it shows the location where the snap was taken. Show, where the IAF was doing "Valley-Flying"...
There was just a small widget of google maps there.. no other map that i could see...
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Bala Vignesh wrote:
rohitvats wrote: Shiv, I don't know whether you or other posters noted, there is a map next to the pics...in some cases, it shows the location where the snap was taken. Show, where the IAF was doing "Valley-Flying"...
There was just a small widget of google maps there.. no other map that i could see...
same map hows where the snap was taken (for some snaps)
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rohitvats wrote:
same map hows where the snap was taken (for some snaps)
Rohit that can occur only if the uploader chooses to say (honestly) where the picture was taken. Google earth itself has plenty of Chinese images in Arunachal Pradesh. Which is why I have been tasked with uploading of images of Mount Gopalankutty in China
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

rohitvats wrote:
Aditya G wrote:IAF officer Sartaj Sehagal's gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sartajsehgal2007....
Thanx for the link. Amazing photos. Any idea which is the water body in this pic:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sartajsehga ... 8182630850

seems like one of the lakes in Ladakh. Any guesses?
Mention Ladakh and Waterbody in the same breath and the first thing that comes to mind is the Pangong Tso.

Too much time on my hands and Google Earth lying around :mrgreen:
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Jagan wrote:Mention Ladakh and Waterbody in the same breath and the first thing that comes to mind is the Pangong Tso.Too much time on my hands and Google Earth lying around :mrgreen:
Jagan garu, thank you for that link. I had thought as well but hesitated as this would mean the Mirage-2000 boys flying bang along the LAC and that too a two ship formation. Quite interesting.... :twisted:

And how about this for a tagline - the day we kicked some yankee butt in gwalior ex cope india

http://picasaweb.google.com/sartajsehga ... 4145752850
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

fotos removed. Security issue
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Gallery is now private.
Boudhayan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Boudhayan »

pgbhat wrote:
Gallery is now private.
and now I am not being able to see it :cry:

any idea how these can be viewed ? any other location for these photos ?