CT & COIN Operations in India: News, Images and Discussion

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Prabu
BRFite

Re: CT and COIN operations in India: News, Images and Discus

Post by Prabu »

PC wanted & even now wants to use AIR POWER ! But PM Singh/Sonia denies it ! Chhattisgarh HM wants to use Army and openly admits state is NOT capable of combating this Naxal War (Yes ! I call it as a war against Republic of India!) Now all Five state chief ministers of Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Orissa want to use AIR POWER ! Waht more than this u need ? Get the cabinet commitiee mandate and use AIR POWER ! Install informers in all key villages ! Even Use IB slueths, or plain cloth special forces to eliminate (pulverise them!) key Naxal comanders/leaders! Find out how the Naxala gets Arms and get the BLACK SHEEPS IN CRPF / ARMY / BABU / POLITICIANS ! ACT DESISIVELY !

Need to revisit anti-Naxal strategy: Chidambaram
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Time to give few canes to Arundhati Roy and her likes on their bu++s, and take some harsh steps against the Naxalites & their sympathisers

This is what so many people like me is telling all these days ! but who cares ! .
The primary use of 1 million strong Army is to defend against external threats ...
Yes agreed ! But I am not saying get all the 10 lac solders in to action ! Even less than 10 % is more than enough ! State Police should be there, shoulder to shoulder to combat , to get inteligence, co ordination ! etc.

All the CPOs are headed by IPS officers .. when the time comes for perks and pay and ranks, the IPS is all ready to grab everything ... but when it comes time to do the job, push it over to the army ... Army is not made of superhumans sir ... if you use it to solve every problem in the country, it will lose its effectiveness for the primary ops it is supposed to take care of ...
If everyone feels that the Army is the only org that can solve this issue, let them place the CRPF under Army (like Assam Rifles) ... Knee jerk reactions and railing as to what use is the Army will get us nowhere ... :evil:
Its not time to envy & compare ranks with IPS,IAS etc. Its time to act decisively. The question is about the capability of the state police. The suggestion of bringing CRPF (like assam rifles) under army is a valid suggestion. Yes it can be looked in to. So that CRPF gets all aerial support, Dry rations, Inteligence, communication net work, Better weopons, tactis , mine protected vehicles, and mine detecting Techniques etc

What happens if Pak and China decide to get adventerous while the Army is busy with all the counter-insurgency ops? Will CRPF and BSF go and fight against the Chinese or the Pakis??

This is going to happen eventually in 2012, If you do not rapidly Modernise your all 3 forces and If we don't keep our vigil and talk tough & act tough !! where are your Modern Tanks?(25 years old !) Where are your modern Air crafts (MCA's, stuill under trials) ?Where are your submariens ?(dismal state!) Our ATVs are still being manufactured! Does it mean We will keep all our defence forces in barracks fearing chinkes and pakis ??
Revise and Clearly stipulate our First strike NUKE policy, even if we see preparations of war at chinky/paki borders, we will use Nuke stirke option ! Keep all options available ! THIS ONLY CAN BE A DETERENT AGAINST CHINKES. So let us prepare ourselfs for any eventuality ! Chinese are just 30 KM away from Tamilnadu and created a BASE in SriLanka. Tamil fishermen spoted so many chinese soldres among srilankan army ! GOI and TN state Govt is downplaying these facts !
Amit J
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Amit J »

Army corners terrorists in J-K forest, kills 11

Srinagar: Indian Army's newly launched Operation Thunder Strike has killed 11 terrorists in a 10-day operation in Jammu and Kashmir.

The anti-terror operation in Hafruda forests has also led to the recovery of a huge quantity of automatic rifles, grenades, IEDs, rocket launchers and a huge cache of ammunition. The huge cache of arms and ammunition suggest Pakistan is giving yet another big push to terrorists on the Indian side of Line of Control.

"This operation has started on May 5. We killed 11 terrorists and no civilian casualties have taken place," said Major General N George, GOC of Kilo Force of the Indian Army.

The Army has entered deep into the forests to neutralise the terrorists just near the LoC, but the challenges still remain.

"There are 27 terrorists who sneaked into this side since January, out of which we have killed 13 so far," said North Kashmir Range DIG AQ Manhas.

Police have even mapped areas where they are mulling to step up the operations. Meanwhile, Army sources say attempts of infiltration are on and the latest attempts were made from RS Pora in Jammu and Handwara in Kashmir.

"The areas infested presently are Lolab area, Rajwar, Zachaldara, Hafruda, Mawar, Rafiabad, parts of Sopore and adjoining areas of Bandipora connecting with Kupwara," adds DIG Manhas.

Security forces believe they can go further on the lead if continous pressure is mounted on terrorists and the battle is taken into their supposed territory deep into the jungles.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/army-corners ... ml?from=tn

13 out of 27 killed 14 more to go :)
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

Prabu wrote:What happens if Pak and China decide to get adventerous while the Army is busy with all the counter-insurgency ops? Will CRPF and BSF go and fight against the Chinese or the Pakis??
Its like wearing an armour when you're dying from cancer! And "eventually, in 2012", when Pak and China are bored of doing nothing and decide to attack us, there should be a country worth defending!
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Dmurphy wrote:
Prabu wrote:What happens if Pak and China decide to get adventerous while the Army is busy with all the counter-insurgency ops? Will CRPF and BSF go and fight against the Chinese or the Pakis??
Its like wearing an armour when you're dying from cancer! And "eventually, in 2012", when Pak and China are bored of doing nothing and decide to attack us, there should be a country worth defending!
Well, those were not my words, I quoted that in BOLD , and replied. To be defending a country which is worth defending, we need to act decisively on not only Naxals, all anti nationals.
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

13 terrorists!! :twisted:
That'll teach em a lesson or two. You know, when I go to an amusement park and am waiting my turn at the BIG water slide. The closer I get to the slide, I start getting more and more frightened. And when its my turn, I am thinking "sooo BIG man!". I think terrorists waiting to cross the LoC will start thinking similarly. When it their turn to cross, they'll be peeing in their pants, literally. The slide is really big, and at the end, our forces are waiting like crocodiles, with open mouths! :D
Way to go! Jai Hind!
AnimeshP
BRFite

Post by AnimeshP »

For all those indulging in :(( :(( and questioning why the Army cannot be brought out .. I'll let the Indian Army do the talking ...
X-posting from Indian Army thread ...
shukla wrote:Army looking after external and 'internal' threats..

Army proposes dedicated training facility for anti-Naxal ops
"The Army has already trained 46,343 personnel from central police forces like CRPF for anti-Naxal operations. A dedicated training establishment will take this process forward in a cohesive way,'' said a senior Army officer.

This came even as the five-day Army commanders' conference kicked off here on Monday, with the top brass of the 1.13-million strong force slated to discuss the Naxalism problem on Tuesday. The Lucknow-based Central Command, in fact, will make a presentation on `The Naxal situation: likely developments and resources required'.

Already over-stretched in counter-insurgency duties in Jammu and Kashmir as well as the north-east, even as they prepare for their primary task of countering external aggression, the armed forces remain opposed to being dragged into anti-Naxal operations as well.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

"There are 27 terrorists who sneaked into this side since January, out of which we have killed 13 so far," said North Kashmir Range DIG AQ Manhas.
Like the way a xeact number of 27 is quoted!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Big daddy in green sure are watching the pigs crossing over closely. This jingo would be happy if a few pigs were busted in their den across the border also.
Craig Alpert
BRFite

Post by Craig Alpert »

They say all good things must come to an end!! Unfortunately I have to bring this news, when I was basking my moment of the 13 jihadists meeting their maker courtesy IA forces!

2 jawans killed in militant attack along LoC
JAMMU: Two army jawans were killed and 3 injured when unidentified militants, who sneaked into Indian territory, attacked an Army patrol party's vehicle along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.

The militants attacked a vehcile of Army's patrol party at Nangi post when they were moving between two posts in Krishna Gati sub-sector in Poonch district at around 1645 hours, Brigadier General Gurdeep Singh of 16 Corps said.

The ultras then opened fire killing 2 jawans killed and wounding 3 others, he said. Troops guarding the LOC fired back but the militants managed to escape back towards Pakistan side.

Security along the LOC has been further enhanced after the incident, he said.
RIP Brave Jawans!
Vivek Raghuvanshi
BRFite

Post by Vivek Raghuvanshi »

EDIT.
Last edited by Rahul M on 19 May 2010 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OT.
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

If the army cannot be sent in directly for Anti-naxal ops then atleat give them the mandate to raise a dedicated force from scratch where everything from recuitment, training, armament etc is done by the army. Theoritically let the force be different from the army but in every other way (including professionalism , facilities and pay) they should be the same. It'll be a great shame if we let vital experiace of the army gained from Kashmir and NE slip away from other para-military forces.

Greyhounds are good (but only for AP) , CTJWS is another.

The need for the army is highlighted in what Brig. Ponwar has to say about anti-naxal ops. It's a shame that vital anti-insurgency experiance of the army is being flushed down the drain by not raising more such schools.
Basant Ponwar
Counter-Naxalite instructor

New Delhi, April 10: India’s topmost counter-Naxalite instructor, Brig. Basant Ponwar, has slammed the government and security heads for ignoring the rudiment of training and said their “callous disregard” is responsible for “sending our boys straight to bloody murder”.

Speaking to The Telegraph in the aftermath of Tuesday’s massacre of 75 CRPF personnel near Sukma in south Bastar, Ponwar said: “The callous disregard of security bosses for proper training is sending the boys straight to bloody murder.

“This is the outcome of the arrogance of our security bosses, pure and simple, if these fellows had had the basic training they wouldn’t have suffered such loss. People need to know whose grave error this is, why such outrage is happening.”

Ponwar warned that the Sukma slaughter was a sign that the battle against Maoists was about to get uglier. “The terrible sacrifice of lives aside, I know the kind of weapons the Maoists have taken away, you can start a whole new insurgency with that kind of cache, I have been a soldier in the Northeast, I know what such a weapons grab can do for insurgent units, it is really alarming, somebody should wake up.”

In his analysis of the carnage, the troopers were “totally under-prepared” to be sent into conflict zones. “It is evident they cannot site, much less recognise, an enemy harbour, they have no notion of who can take positions where, they were sleeping in a trap, that is what it was. But then, they have not been imparted such knowledge, not their fault.”

Ponwar, who refuses to label himself retired — “I took this job the day I left the army” — heads the Counter Terrorism and Jungle Warfare College (CTJWC) in Kanker in central Chhattisgarh, but is irate that few use the facility he has created.

Spread across 300 acres of hilly jungle terrain, the CTJWC is India’s only institution that runs courses on counter-Naxalite operations for police forces with support from the army which deputes instructors. Ponwar was invited to set up the college after retiring as the commandant of the army’s Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School in Vairangte, Mizoram.

None of the Chhattisgarh police units he has trained, Powar claims, has suffered casualties in combat, and five IPS officers who have been through his hands won the President’s bravery medal.

But the problem is the senior people. The men who must actually lead these boys in operations do not want to train. Some senior officers who came last year left because they were meant to stay their tenure in tents. Ridiculous! You cannot train for jungle guerrilla warfare if you want to stay in air-conditioning, my institution is about real terrain training, for jungle war you better get used to living in the jungle,” he said.

“I have been pleading with anyone who listens, please come here and get trained before you confront the enemy, fighting Maoists in the jungles requires unique mental and physical qualities. But nobody listens, they are just happy to have our boys killed without giving them the skills to fight the battles they are sent into. I have long said that half-trained men fight half battles, and our boys are not even half trained, many more disasters are in the works.”

Following the Lalgarh Maoist upsurge last year, Bengal sought help from Brig. Ponwar’s school and was immediately offered it. “After a long delay, 30 fellows finally came, but all of them were sub-inspector and assistant sub-inspector-level, no officers. If the officers do not learn the ropes, who is to lead these boys?”
In the context of the revived debate over training of CRPF personnel, Brig. Ponwar said: “The CRPF do not train with me, although I will be happy to. They do not know how this battle needs to be fought, we at the warfare school do.”

Asked why the CRPF had spurned his offers, Ponwar bluntly said: “Because they think they know everything. Pressure should come on them to learn. If we want our soldiers to go into battle, give them a fighting chance, don’t feed them as fodder to the enemy.”

Ponwar has issues with the mass-contact aspect of forces deployed in Chhattisgarh, too. “You cannot win a campaign if you don’t have civilian support,” he said. “And little is done to win people over. The forces behave like a feudal army, not a force that has come to the aid of people. That is the main reason why there is such poor intelligence and information available with the forces, they don’t have a relationship with the people.”

To him, winning public confidence must be the starting point. “Ask the widows if their pensions are coming, ask if water is available, ask if they need medicine, make friends and then you will get support in return. If you have lost the people, you have lost the battle to begin with.”
Pratik_S
BRFite

Post by Pratik_S »

EDIT.
Last edited by Rahul M on 19 May 2010 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OT.
Radhey
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Radhey »

When it comes to terms of reference, we have very few places in the world which has/had similar 'communist' related issues and has been successful in addressing them... From my memory Malayan emergency is a test case, from which India could lift few pages.... One thing is for sure - It cannot be an half-hearted attempt..

For those interested, Refer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Insurgency_War
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics ... _Emergency

http://www.psywar.org/malaya.php

Book:The War of the Running Dogs: Malaya 1948-1960 (Cassell Military Paperbacks)
Vivek Raghuvanshi
BRFite

HOW TO HANDLE NAXAL INSURGENCY IN INDIA?
===================================

I have attempted to generate Insight using Competitive Intelligence to enter the mind of Insurgent Leaders in Iraq, Afghanistan and India, to assist law enforcement agencies in their quest for Competitive Intelligence to outflank and outmaneuver Insurgency in Iraq, Afghanistan and India, thereby making “Emerging Markets” in Middle East and Africa and Asia more conducive to “Foreign Investment” and hence “Mitigating Risks of Globalization for International Businesses”.

Competitive Intelligence INSIGHT – Dealing with Insurgency in Iraq, Afghanistan and India.
——————————————————————————————————————————–

Low Intensity Conflict is always dynamic. Insurgents are aware that static defense has no part in insurgency action and that fixed defense has no place except momentarily when the insurgents lay an ambush.
Insurgents action reverses the normal practice of warfare as insurgents seek to avoid battle and tactically evade engagements where they are likely to suffer losses.
Hit and Run is the distinct principle of insurgent action. Dispersion is an essential condition of survival and success on the insurgents side as they never present a target and thus can only operate as minute particles of mercury that momentarily coagulate like globules of mercury to overwhelm some weakly guarded law enforcement objective.
Insurgents “principle of Concentration” is replaced by “fluidity of force”. Dispersion is also a necessity on the side of counter insurgency as there is no value in a narrow concentration of force against an elusive insurgent.
The success in Counter Insurgency in Iraq, Afghanistan and India will lie in being able to extend fine but closely woven net over the widest possible area. The more extensive the controlling net, the likely that the Counter Insurgency drive in Iraq, Afghanistan and India is likely to succeed.
Insurgents strategy is always to increasingly over stretch the physical and mental morale of the Special Forces. What insurgents do is that they try to keep the Special Forces in the dark, while the insurgents try to operate in the light of superior knowledge combined with reliable news about Special Forces disposition and moves.
Insurgency in Iraq, Afghanistan and India is waged by few insurgents with the support of the many ie sympathy of the local population. Insurgent leaders spend a great deal of time in organization, agitation and propaganda work than they do in fighting Special Forces.
For the most important job for an insurgent leader is to win local population over. An insurgent leader uses EPDC tactics:

1. Explain
2. Persuade
3. Discuss
4. Convince

If the political temperature is correct , then the insurgents however few in number will thrive and proliferate. It is the principle concern of all insurgent leaders in Iraq, Afghanistan and India to get the right political temperature and maintain it.
Insurgents in Iraq, Afghanistan and India operating with the greatest speed from inaccessible bases which they change frequently strike at Special Forces in rapid succession at isolated garrisons, convoys trains. Insurgent leaders information is always timely and accurate as they have the support of the local population.
Insurgents leaders in Iraq, Afghanistan and India devote time for OCP:

1. Organization
2. Consolidation
3. Preservation
OCP of regional base areas that are situated in isolated and difficult terrain. Here Insurgent leaders train volunteers where they are indoctrinated and from there agitators and propagandists are dispersed individually and in groups to surrounding areas to enlist the support of the local population in Iraq, Afghanistan and India.
What Insurgent leaders are able to achieve is that around each insurgent base they are able to create a belt of sympathizers who are willing to supply food, recruits and information.
The pattern of the Insurgent leaders process in Iraq, Afghanistan and India is:
1. Conspiratorial
2. Clandestine
3. Methodical
4. Progressive
Next, the Insurgent leaders in Iraq, Afghanistan and India indulges in:
1. Acts of Sabotage
2. Terrorism
3. Elimination of Collaborationists and Reactionary elements.
Insurgent leaders in Iraq, Afghanistan and India then attack vulnerable military and police outposts and weak columns are ambushed.

Competitive Intelligence is the decisive factor in dealing with Counter Insurgency in Iraq, Afghanistan and India. Insurgent leaders in Iraq, Afghanistan and India, monitor Security Forces whereabouts, strength, the state of equipment, the supply chain and the morale of Security Forces.
Insurgents Intelligence nets are tightly organized and pervasive. In insurgent areas in Iraq, Afghanistan and India, any person without exception is considered an agent including old men, women, boys driving oxcarts and girls tending goats, sheep and cows, besides farm laborers, storekeepers, school teachers, priests etc.,
The local insurgent cadres put heat on everyone without regard. As a corollary, insurgents deny all information of themselves to Special Forces who are enveloped in an impenetrable fog.
The Special Forces stand on an lighted stage and from the darkness around them thousands of unseen eyes intently study Special Forces every move, every gesture.

http://corporaterisks.info/blog/?p=57
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Walking With The Comrades - A.N.ROY
Forget about her usual Rants ! but note this interesting info.
An article on the internet says that Israel’s Mossad is training 30 high-ranking Indian police officers in the techniques of targeted assassinations, 8) (GOI already seemed to be doing what I was screaming !) to render the Maoist organisation “headless”. There’s talk in the press about the new hardware that has been bought from Israel: laser range-finders, thermal imaging equipment and unmanned drones, so popular with the US army
Vivek Raghuvanshi
BRFite

What it takes to snatch /eliminate terrorist / insurgent:
[Does Mother India have what it takes?]
==========================================

http://corporaterisks.info/blog/?cat=71

K C
====

@ Vivek, snatch ops or extraordinary renditions only work if u have no-deal policy when it comes to retributions. The US has such policies wherein it conducts snatches, but doesnt bend over when faced with terrorist-conducted hostage situations.

Unlike India, which:
1) releases high profile terrorists when faced with hijack situations
2) conducts pathetic HRT ops against in-house situations
3) prevents experienced HRT teams from helping Indian forces like the Nov 26 where Israel offered a 90-min take down, and India refused, instead conducting a 48-hr op, with the primary offender still making a mockery of the indian legal system.

Snatches only work when u are ready to take the risks. If they know you will take them down no matter what the risks, then they wont hurt you as much.
Vivek Raghuvanshi
BRFite

==============================================

BTW :roll: what will Daud Ibrahim think.

Do you think Daud Ibrahim will permit Indian Politicians to undertake:

Kidon 8) type elimination.

I do not think so. :P

Daud Ibrahim may stop political party funding in India and then what will happen to politics in India. :wink:
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Vivek Raghuvanshi wrote:What it takes to snatch /eliminate terrorist / insurgent:
[Does Mother India have what it takes?]
==========================================

http://corporaterisks.info/blog/?cat=71

K C
====

@ Vivek, snatch ops or extraordinary renditions only work if u have no-deal policy when it comes to retributions. The US has such policies wherein it conducts snatches, but doesnt bend over when faced with terrorist-conducted hostage situations.

Unlike India, which:
1) releases high profile terrorists when faced with hijack situations
2) conducts pathetic HRT ops against in-house situations
3) prevents experienced HRT teams from helping Indian forces like the Nov 26 where Israel offered a 90-min take down, and India refused, instead conducting a 48-hr op, with the primary offender still making a mockery of the indian legal system.

Snatches only work when u are ready to take the risks. If they know you will take them down no matter what the risks, then they wont hurt you as much.
Boss, let me just say that the Israelis finishing off in 90 minutes what took us days is laughable. Sure if they killed everyone including the hostages while taking down the terrorists, it would take 90 minutes or even less, but no way in hell otherwise.
Vivek Raghuvanshi
BRFite

Oh Merlin,

You missed the point.

I was talking about the most revered and hallowed "Kidon"

Indian politicians do not give clearance to snatch / eliminate terrorists / insurgents in PoK.

Do you think Mother India has it in her to undertake Kidon / Special Operation hit?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

I'm sure the capability exists or can be built up. I agree that just capability isn't enough, having the will to use it is needed as well.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

X-post:
sum wrote:Dantewada CRPF DIG shunted out
NEW DELHI: More than a month after the massacre of 75 jawans of the Central Reserve Police Force by Maoists in Chhattisgarh, the Centre on Friday shunted out CRPF DIG in Dantewada Nalin Prabhat, Commandant of the 62nd battalion V.K. Bisht and inspector Sanjeev Bagree.

Acting on the report of the E.N. Rammohan Committee, set up in the wake of the April 6 killings, the government ordered the shake-up in the CRPF set-up in Dantewada district. While R.S. Sahota will be the new DIG in Dantewada, Ashok Swami will be the Commandant of the 62nd battalion.
Is it right to judge a highly decorated officer like Prabhat who has proved himself in J&K within a month of his taking over the AoR where the incidents happened?

IIRC, he has been posted back to Chandigarh ( from where he came) and the commandant has been posted out to J&K..
Carl_T
BRF Oldie

Post by Carl_T »

Vivek Raghuvanshi wrote: 3) prevents experienced HRT teams from helping Indian forces like the Nov 26 where Israel offered a 90-min take down, and India refused, instead conducting a 48-hr op, with the primary offender still making a mockery of the indian legal system.
Hainji? Israel said it's strategy was to go even slower on the operation as they would have spent more time collecting intelligence. Not to mention the decision to not use foreign teams on Indian soil was correct IMO.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Prabu wrote:Walking With The Comrades - A.N.ROY
Forget about her usual Rants ! but note this interesting info.
An article on the internet says that Israel’s Mossad is training 30 high-ranking Indian police officers in the techniques of targeted assassinations, 8) (GOI already seemed to be doing what I was screaming !) to render the Maoist organisation “headless”. There’s talk in the press about the new hardware that has been bought from Israel: laser range-finders, thermal imaging equipment and unmanned drones, so popular with the US army
it's not information, it's propaganda/misinformation.
somak
BRFite -Trainee

Post by somak »

Arundhati while sleepwalking with the comrades, sourced that (mis)information from another compost heap, that of Trevor Selvam.

http://www.countercurrents.org/selvam310110.htm
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Vivek Raghuvanshi wrote: <snip>
3) prevents experienced HRT teams from helping Indian forces like the Nov 26 where Israel offered a 90-min take down, and India refused, instead conducting a 48-hr op
<snip>
Sir, where did you pull that "90 mins." number from? And please go over how the NSG op was conducted and the rationale behind the various maneuvers (including an account from the head of ops himself, it was referenced on B-R a few months back iirc) before posting such tripe about "inexperienced" HRT teams. And while you are at it, please reference some real life ops undertaken in the past by more "experienced" HRT with the "90 mins." efficiency that you speak of.

TIA.
Vivek Raghuvanshi
BRFite

Raja,

Terrorist /insurgent has to be declared as the enemy of the state and a bounty put on the terrorist / insurgent's head.

Wanted Dead or Alive

Once this is legal, Snatch Ops is endorsed by the Cabinet.

A small step to making India as a safe destination.

BTW NSG is a very fine organisation.

It was raised by my uncle Lt Gen PC Mankotia

Another Uncle of mine Lt Gen Satvir Yadav headed NSG
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

Six Maoists arrested for Dantewada killings

DANTEWADA: In a major breakthrough, Chhattisgarh Police has arrested six persons, including self-styled Naxal commander Barsa Lakhma, who were allegedly involved in the gunning down of 76 security personnel here last month.
rkirankr
BRFite

Post by rkirankr »

Vivek Raghuvanshi wrote:Raja,

Terrorist /insurgent has to be declared as the enemy of the state and a bounty put on the terrorist / insurgent's head.

Wanted Dead or Alive

Once this is legal, Snatch Ops is endorsed by the Cabinet.

A small step to making India as a safe destination.

BTW NSG is a very fine organisation.

It was raised by my uncle Lt Gen PC Mankotia

These names are not mentioned in Wiki's article on NSG
Former chiefs
The following had commanded the NSG in the past:[1]

RT Nagrani
MC Mishra
KL Watts
SD Pandey
HP Bhatnagar
Ved Marwah
DVLN Ramakrishna Rao
Dr S Subramanian
RK Wadehra
BJS Sial
AK Tandon
RD Tyagi
GS Pandher
TR Kakkar
Nikhil Kumar
Gurbachan Jagat
Dr R Rajagopalan
R.S. Mooshahary
AK Mitra
Dr GS Rajagopal
Jyoti Krishna Dutt
NPS Aulakh (2009 Mar 1 - Present) [8]
I think it should be corrected
SandeepS
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SandeepS »

NSG list of former DGs is mentioned here on NSG website - http://nsg.gov.in/june08/formerdg.htm. These two names do not figure in that list either. BTW, DG has always been IPS officer. Probably Vivek's acquaintances were IG (Ops) which are sometimes staffed by Army.
Though recently there were suggestions (post 26-Nov ramp-up) that Army should be considered for DG as they are providing SAG personnels.
Vivek Raghuvanshi
BRFite

IG - Ops 8)
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Vivek Raghuvanshi wrote:It was raised by my uncle Lt Gen PC Mankotia

Then it is quite interesting that you didn't know why the Mumbai ops were conducted as they were.

NSG is always headed by an IPS officer - don't think your 2nd uncle could have headed the NSG. Lt Gen. PC Mankotia's name is well known (ex-Kumaon iirc) especially for his bravery in '71 ops but I am not sure what you meant by "raised".
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

May have raised SAG. Which is essentially the backbone of NSG.
Vivek Raghuvanshi
BRFite

Did any of you serve with my father Maj Gen DPS Raghuvanshi. :)
ASPuar
BRFite

Post by ASPuar »

Nope. And we tend to avoid discussing personal details on here.
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

A old article, but I feel still relevant.

Hamlet and the Naxals- Lt General JFR Jacob, (retd) former Eastern Command Chief, Governor of Goa and Punjab and administrator, Chandigarh

1971 war hero advocates use of Army, has it has been done in the past, secretly without any written orders !
Shameek
BRFite

Post by Shameek »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100528/ap_ ... rain_blast
CALCUTTA, India – An overnight passenger train was derailed by an explosion then hit by another train early Friday as it traveled through a rebel stronghold of eastern India, officials said. A top government official said at least 15 people had been killed and 150 injured.

Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee told reporters that 13 passenger cars on a train out of Calcutta were derailed by the explosion, in a rural area about 90 miles (150 kilometers) south of the city. Three of those coaches were then hit by a cargo train coming from the other direction.

She said the explosion was believed to have been set off by Maoist rebels, who had called a four-day strike for the area starting Friday.
rohit.mohite
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rohit.mohite »

after this terror strikes.

air force chief should now make public comment and explain, how airforce by not willing to combat maoist has helped
Indian people .